Chef Murph MacDougal, ACF
The AICP-END Blog
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
JUST THE FACTS AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM
THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY COMMENTARY-OPINION-SPORTS-FOOD SERVICE FOR THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2019 BY CHEF MURPH MACDOUGAL
“JTF: I don’t envy DNC boss Tom Perez what with more candidates entering the battle for the 2020 nomination even as others drop out; it’s going to get bloody” by Chef Murph MacDougal
FALL SESSION 2019
BLOG POST #3,301 AT THE AICP-END
357 DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2020
The more the merrier- the more Democrats enter the fray as others withdraw, the more it’s going to resemble a Democratic “Night of the Long Knives”
San Luis Obispo, CA 93403, 11-14-2019 Thursday: Back in June of this year, I wrote a post about the first Democratic Party presidential debate and who was going to participate in it. That first one was crazy what with twenty people participating, all going toe-to-toe with one another seeking that breakthrough moment that would put them on a trajectory with winning the nomination of their party. Since then, quite a few have tumbled onto the side of the road while a core group of hardcore leftist-socialists managed to move on and who have more or less managed to be in all (or most) subsequent debates.
The upcoming debate will occur on November 20, 2019, six days from now. As of the sixth of this month (the cutoff was yesterday), the participants will be:
- Joe Biden[i]
- Cory Booker[ii]
- Pete Buttigieg[iii]
- Tulsi Gabbard[iv]
- Kamala Harris[v]
- Amy Klobuchar[vi]
- Bernie Sanders[vii]
- Tommy Steyer[viii]
- Elizabeth Warren[ix]
- Andrew Yang[x]
Since that first fiasco with twenty hopefuls going up against one another, Kirsten Gillibrand[xi], John Hickenlooper[xii], Jay Inslee[xiii], Beto[xiv], Tim Ryan[xv], Eric Swalwell[xvi], and Bill Di Blasio[xvii] have fallen out.
Others still in the running but so far have not yet qualified are John Delaney[xviii], Steve Bullock[xix], Julian Castro[xx], Wayne Messam[xxi] (really? Drop out, loser), Marianne Williamson[xxii], Michael Bennett[xxiii], and I think Joe Sestak[xxiv]. We also have Michael Bloomberg floating the possibility of him running which I think will garner as much positivity as Mayor Di Blasio did. Namely, NOT MUCH.
I imagine there are one or two others I may have overlooked but here’s the deal: IF I can’t name them, they mean little to nothing except to those who care about them. Why are Mayor Messam and Congressman Sestak even in the running? They can’t get on the debate stage any more than Seth Moulton[xxv] could, they can’t earn any followers so perhaps it’s the most American dream of all, they are socking away whatever money they do raise to use elsewhere such as in their private lives.
Don’t laugh, folks. Money is the mother’s milk of politics (as well as of private life). All monies these candidates raise, although subject to scrutiny, can still be manipulated, moved around, and pop up somewhere else. On occasion, a politician here and another there will get called on the carpet for mishandling campaign funds but most of the time, they manage to abscond with their riches.
Add to this the fact each of them can go about crowing about having been a ‘presidential contender’ as though they truly possessed the nomination of their party and went down to stinging, remorseless defeat. Being a former presidential candidate might earn one free drinks in a tavern but on the BIG STAGE, it means absolutely nothing, zip, zero, zilch, nada. Boom!
I understand, too, that the make or break moment to get onto the ballot in New Hampshire and possibly Iowa is tomorrow. So, we will see if Hillary Rodham Clinton enters the fray just as we will if some other, as of now unknown candidate (many on the left are pining away for Michelle Obama) will jump into the ring to seek the championship belt.
If tomorrow is the last day to enter one’s name onto the ballot in New Hampshire, why then, is Mayor Bloomberg’s underlings entering him in Alabama, one among the bevy of states of Super Tuesday? If he is serious, why not try to win as many primaries as possible so one can amass the necessary delegate count? You know, the BIG 270?
Here is our 2020 primary races by date[xxvi]:
- 03-February-2020: Iowa Caucuses
- 11-February-2020: New Hampshire Primary
- 22-February-2020: Nevada Caucuses
- 29-February-2020: South Carolina Primary
- 03-March-2020: SUPER TUESDAY- Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Virginia Primaries; American Samoa Caucuses.
- 10-March-2020: Idaho, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, and Washington Primaries; North Dakota Caucuses.
- 14-March-2020: Northern Marianas Islands Caucuses
- 17-March-2020: Arizona, Florida, Illinois, and Ohio Primaries
- 24-March-2020: Georgia Primary
- 29-March-2020: Puerto Rico Primary
- 04-April-2020: Alaska, Hawaii, and Louisiana Primaries; Wyoming Caucuses
- 07-April-2020: Wisconsin Primary
- 28-April-2020: Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island Primaries
- 02-May-2020: Kansas Primary; Guam Caucuses
- 05-May-2020: Indiana Primary
- 12-May-2020: Nebraska and West Virginia Primaries
- 19-May-2020: Kentucky and Oregon Primaries
- 02-June-2020: Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, and South Dakota Primaries
- 06-June-2020: U.S. Virgin Islands Caucuses
- 16-June-2020: District of Columbia Primary
When it comes to the debates, here is something I said back in that June 01, 2019 post; see if you agree:
“Although DNC Chairman Tom Perez celebrates the number of candidates, he has to feel like the ringmaster at a three-ring circus. It is going to be ugly as the requirements for the successive debates will continue growing tighter and tighter. The amount of political bloodshed will be astounding, to say the least.” (MacDougal, 01-June-2019)
It is going to be exciting to watch and if former Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick[xxvii], if Hillary[xxviii], or Michelle, or some as yet other unknown enters the race, wow. Heck, if I were Howard Schultz[xxix] and I saw this dimwit Bloomberg entering the scuffle, I might do a doubletake and return to the running. It is going to be months and months of the ‘Night of the Long Knives’ as desperate candidates seek to whack one another. Yikes.
See you tomorrow.
Certified Club Manager, ACF Member, Food server/Bartender and professional Chef and Baker
Above, you see the caricature created for me by Bakersfield street artist, the amazing Simone. We have gone this route because of increasing threats against the blog and its members. I began my career as a young chef in the kitchen back in 1975, earlier than that. I apprenticed underneath my father and spent six years working for him in his British-Irish restaurant in Fresno, California. I later moved to Frazier Park, California, and spent quite a few years working in the area and that is where I met Stinkbug. Anyhow, I am now working at a country club over on the coast near San Luis Obispo. Please note: this is my pen name and any photos of me are simply outdated photos adopted for maintaining my privacy.
Chef Murph MacDougal writes from San Luis Obispo, California.
Chef Murph MacDougal is a proud member of the Libertarian Party of the United States.
Contact Murph MacDougal at the following email address irishchef30MOMb@hotmail.com
CHEF MURPH MACDOUGAL
END COMMENTARY 11-14-2019
COPYRIGHT © 2019 BY MHB PRODUCTIONS
WORD COUNT: 936
11-14-2019 Thursday—Political Topics and Essays, Part MCMLXXXVIII: “I don’t envy DNC boss Tom Perez what with more candidates entering the battle for the 2020 nomination even as others drop out; it’s going to get bloody” by Chef Murph MacDougal.
HOW TO CONTACT THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY: Write us at PO Box 20669, Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669 or call us at (661) 374-1430 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. PST weekdays and weekends, well, take your chances. You can also email us by contacting the author of the week using his or her email address, which we provide beneath their personal information.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 11-12-2019, all rights reserved.
MacDougal, Murph. “I don’t envy DNC boss Tom Perez what with more candidates entering the battle for the 2020 nomination even as others drop out; it’s going to get bloody.” Political Topics and Essays, Part MCMLXXXVIII
FOR FURTHER READING:
06-01-2019 S: “Towards the end of the month, the Democrats begin the onerous process of winnowing their over-abundant field of candidates in the first debate, to be held on NBC” by Chef Murph MacDougal. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCCXXII
Edward “Eddie” Fitzgerald Carlton edited and rewrote the blog post today.
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
KEEP READING THE ELEMENTARY NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST OF CULINARY POLITICS!
READ THE ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST NEWS, POLITICAL COMMENTARY, SPORTS, FOOD SERVICE, HOTEL, AND RESTAURANT BUSINESS, THE END TIMES, THE END OF DAYS, THE APOCALYPSE, ARMAGEDDON, AND WHATEVER ELSE HAPPENS TO POP UP!
THE BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #1086 a 30” x 24” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Red Rocks and Rapids.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
TODAY IN HISTORY—NOVEMBER 14, 2019:
President James A. Garfield; Michael Jackson’s “Black-or-White,” and Milli Vanilli:
- 1380: King Charles VI of France receives the crown at age 12.
- 1524: Near modern-day Colombia, Conquistador Francisco Pizarro and his troops begin their first great expedition.
- 1792: Captain George Vancouver and his ship are the first English men to sail into Vancouver Bay.
- 1832: In New York City, city planners placed the first streetcar into service. Horses drew the vehicle aboard which, 30 people could ride.
- 1851: Herman Melville’s “Moby Dick; or the Whale” goes into publication in the United States for the first time.
- 1862: During the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln gave permission to proceed for Major General Ambrose Burnside’s plan to capture the Confederate capital of Richmond, Virginia; the resulting Battle of Fredericksburg proved to be a major disaster for the Union.
- 1881: Charles J. Guiteau went on trial for assassinating President James A. Garfield, the jury found him guilty of the charges, and sent him to the gallows a year later.
- 1889: Inspired by Jules Verne, New York World reporter Nellie Bly (Elizabeth Cochrane) set out to travel around the world in less than 80 days; she made the trip in 72 days.
- 1910: Eugene B. Ely became the first aviator to take off from a ship as his Curtiss Pusher rolled off a platform on the deck of the scout-cruiser USS Birmingham off Hampton Roads, Virginia.
- 1922: The British Broadcasting Corporation began its domestic radio service on this date.
- 1935: The Nazis deprived German Jews of their citizenship. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt declares the Philippines a ‘free commonwealth.’ The Tydings-McDuffie Act planned for the Philippines to become completely independent by July 04, 1946.
- 1940: During World War II, German planes destroyed most of the English town of Coventry.
- 1941: The governor of the Dutch Antilles refuses European Jews trying to escape Europe.
- 1942: Last Vichy-French troops fighting the Allies in Algeria surrender.
- 1956: The Soviet Union declares the Hungarian uprising quelled.
- 1960: Due to its Congo policies, Belgium threatens to leave the United Nations.
- 1965: The United States begins sending 90,000 troops to South Vietnam. Meanwhile, the first major battle of the conflict between U.S. troops and NVA regulars begins in the five-day Battle of Ia Drang. The fighting between the two sides ground to a halt on November 18 with both sides declaring victory.
- 1966: Cassius Clay scores a TKO over Cleveland Williams in three rounds for the heavyweight boxing title.
- 1968: Yale University announced it was going co-educational.
- 1969: Apollo 12 blasted off for the Moon on this date. Meanwhile, Major General Bruno Arthur Hochmuth, commander of the Third Marine Division, became the first general killed in Vietnam by enemy fire.
- 1970: A chartered Southern Airways DC-9 crashed while trying to land in West Virginia, killing all 75 on board, including the Marshal University football team and its coaching staff.
- 1972: The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed above the 1,000 level for the first time, ending the day at 1003.16.
- 1977: To Walter Cronkite, Egyptian President Anwar Sadat says that he is ‘willing to go to Israel to discuss peace.’
- 1980: Judges crown 19-year-old Kimberly Santos of Guam 30th Miss World.
- 1982: Authorities in Poland free labor leader, Lech Walesa, of the Solidarity Union from prison.
- 1990: Investigators revealed that the pop duo Milli Vanilli (Rob Pilatus and Fabrice Morvan) had done none of the singing on their Grammy-winning debut album “Girl You Know It’s True.”
- 1991: Michael Jackson’s[xxx] video, “Black-or-White,” premieres on FOX-TV.
- 1993: Puerto Rico votes against becoming the 51st state of the Union.
- 1994: The first public trains connecting England and France through the Chunnel begin operating.
- 2009: Slovenia announces it will allow Russia’s South Stream gas pipeline to Europe to pass through its country.
- 2011: Riot police arrest dozens of people as they close Occupy Oakland and Occupy Portland rallies, offshoots of the Occupy Wall Street Movement[xxxi].
- 2012: Several European countries protest oncoming austerity measures; Spain and Portugal hold the largest while Greece, Italy, and Belgium hold smaller ones.
- 2013: During the first month of Obamacare’s[xxxii] existence, the U.S. government reports that 106,185 signed up for health insurance; however, only 26,794 signed up using the horrible Healthcare.gov Website, a major disaster.
- 2014: Health officials stabilize Dr. Martin Salia, a physician working in Sierra Leone, for transport home to Nebraska for medical treatment for the Ebola virus. However, Salia was not working in a hospital treating Ebola cases so the source of his infection was not clear.
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, President James A. Garfield, M. MacDougal, Political Topics and Essays, The Zombies, Joe Biden, Cory Booker, Pete Buttigieg, Tulsi Gabbard, Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Bernie Sanders, Tom Steyer, Elizabeth Warren, Kirsten Gillibrand, John Hickenlooper, Jay Inslee, Beto, Tim Ryan, Bill Di Blasio, Eric Swalwell, John Delaney, Stephen Clark Bullock, Julian Castro, Wayne Messam, Marianne Williamson, Steve Bullock, Joe Sestak, Michael Bloomberg, Howard Schultz, Hillary Clinton, Deval Patrick, Michelle Obama, 2020 Elections, Potential Democratic 2020 Hopefuls, 2020 Democratic Party Nomination, 2020 Presidential Election, 2020 Democratic Party Primary Debate Schedule, Qualifications for 2020 Democratic Primary Debates,
FEATURED ALBUM OF THE DAY:
The Zombies, dead and buried, yet their record company put out the next of what would be many compilation albums. “Rock Roots,” came out on March 17, 1976 and it featured sixteen tracks, some of which appeared on singles as well as on their first two albums. While you might only find it on CD if you search the web, you sure as heck can find it on wax so visit your favorite record store and consider adding it to your collection- you will be you did.
SPECIAL ALBUMS OF THE DAY:
Posted @ the Thursday, February 21, 2013 Blog Post:
Today’s album is Frank Zappa’s seventeenth solo album, “Ship arriving too Late to save a drowning Witch,” came out in 1982 as have the previous few days’ CD suggestions and here again, another outstanding album by one of rock music’s most enigmatic and unique individuals. It seems that 1982 was a watershed year as far as Frank Zappa’s creativity went and this album is another stupendous recording that everyone—whether a Zappa fan or not—needs to own so please. Take the convenient link above, visit Amazon.com NOW, and buy it. Thanks, you will be glad you did.
Posted @ the Wednesday, September 24, 2014 Blog Post B:
Mott the Hoople released their next archival live show, “Fairfield Halls Live,” on October 09, 2007. This effort captured the band in its earlier days, September 13, 1970 with the original lineup doing what they did best and that is delivering an insane live show. Fans love it because the sound is phenomenal, which is why we enjoy it as much as we do. We encourage everyone to use the link we provide you here so you can visit Amazon.com and pick the CD up there in the format, the condition, and the price that works best for you…yes, we are back with Amazon.com so please, seek it out and add it to your collection now- you will be glad you did.
[i] CHOMO Joe entered the race on 21-April-2019 and despite being buoyant in the polls, always manages to bob back up to the surface as anyone who attacks him usually plummets straight down into the basement. Ask Julian Castro how things are going for him? Ask Senator Harris how things are going for her? She should be leaving the race SOON.
[ii] “Creepy” Cory Booker announced on 01-February-2019. It’s a wonder this loser remains in the race.
[iii] Entered the race on 14-April-2019. The only reason Mayor Pete garners the interest that he does is (1) because he is a homosexual and (2) he speaks well. He also was a REMF as well as guy who loves kissing his hubby on TV (although his Christian pastor brother-in-law is overly critical of his fake origin story).
[iv] Announced on 11-January-2019.
[v] Announced on 21-January-2019 on the 90th birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. She only achieved her AG spot in the state of California and her U.S. Senate seat because she was banging former California Assembly Speaker Willie Brown.
[vi] Announced on 10-February-2019 in a blinding snowstorm in Minnesota. Although not a looker, compared to some of the other nuts, she would be preferable. Still, she hasn’t got a snowball’s chance in hell.
[vii] Official announcement on 02-March-2019 in Chicago, Illinois. We all knew the old commie was running.
[viii] This owner of Australian coalmines and private prisons across the United States and now self-professed climate warrior (yeah, right, you can’t be that if you destroyed thousands of acres of koala bear habitat so you could mine for coal) entered the race on 08-July-2019. How he believes he has a chance is beyond any of us. We expect him to leave and soon. He can go back to pushing impeachment of Donald J. Trump. Oh, wait, that slobbering feces-eater Adam Schiff stole that one from Steyer. Go home, Steyer, go the f**k home.
[ix] Announced on 09-February-2019.
[x] Announced on 06-November-2017.
[xi] Announced on 15-January-2019 and withdrew from the race on 28-August-2019. She was the FIFTH Democrat to withdraw from the race after receiving absolutely little to no buzz, so boring and so disingenuous is she.
[xii] The former Colorado governor entered the battle on 04-March-2019 and bailed out on 15-August-2019. Although he plans to challenge the GOP senator in his state- Cory Gardener- it is doubtful he will be able to win that seat unless he provides free marijuana edibles to every voter. He was the second putz to withdraw from the race.
[xiii] Announced on 01-March-2019 and became the THIRD Democrat to drop out of the race. He did so on 21-August-2019. His lackluster performance and his quick withdrawal demonstrates what a loser a campaign based solely on GLOBAL WARMING will get you: NOTHING.
[xiv] This incredibly ignorant and highly untelegenic candidate entered the fray on 14-March-2019 to enthusiastic crowds of millennials around the country. After swearing to take away everyone’s guns in the third or fourth debate, this amazingly stupid loser had to withdraw from the running on 01-November-2019. He was the EIGHTH Democrat to abandon the running to his betters.
[xv] He entered the race on 04-April-2019 and while somewhat sane when compared with his fellows, his campaign was as exciting as watching seagull droppings harden on the sidewalk. He left the race on 24-October-2019 becoming the SEVENTH Democrat to leave the running. Boo hoo.
[xvi] This dingbat entered the race on 08-April-2019 and left it on 08-July-2019 becoming the FIRST Democrat to bail out because NO one knows who the hell he was and if they did know, they wondered why a cretin such as he even thought he had an opportunity? This guy should lose his congressional seat in November 2020 and go back to cleaning the streets. Dumb, ignorant f**k.
[xvii] This yoyo entered the race on 16-May-2019 and left it on 20-September-2019. How this halfwit ever thought he had what it requires to win the nomination is beyond any of us here at the AICP-END Blogs.
[xviii] Announced his run on 28-July-2017. He is the longest announced candidate for 2020.
[xix] Entered the race on 14-May-2019. Like Colorado Senator Michael Bennett, he has NO chance to win the 2020 nomination of the Democratic Party. The Montana governor is much too sensible to compete with the nuts in the running now.
[xx] Announced on 12-January-2019. After savaging Joe Biden in one of the first debates, his stock has plummeted to the crapper. This loser should withdraw from the race. Perhaps he can be our next ambassador to Cuba?
[xxi] The mayor of Miramar, Florida, entered the race on 28-March-2019. So what? He says he wants to eliminate ALL student debt and claims he has lured businesses away from the People’s Republic of (Communist) China. Oh, really? Name one.
[xxii] Announced on 28-January-2019. She’s Oprah Winfrey’s girl.
[xxiii] Senator Bennett entered the race on 02-May-2019. While in a past life he might have gone the distance, now, he is too moderate, too sane, and has NO chance whatsoever of winning the nomination.
[xxiv] Congressman Sestak entered the race on 22-June-2019. Why he still is in it, no one knows unless, of course, it’s to raise loads of money (well, comparative ‘loads’ compared to others) so he can finance his future House campaigns.
[xxv] Moulton entered the race on 21-April-2019 and left it on 23-August-2019. He was the fourth Democrat to exit the contest.
[xxvi] Visit this site for more information: < https://www.270towin.com/2020-election-calendar/ >
[xxvii] Started putting out feelers on Monday, November 11, 2019. That should tell you something.
[xxviii] Hillary Clinton said on March 04, 2019 that she was NOT- I repeat- NOT going to seek the nomination. We all know she will.
[xxix] Announced he would not run on 06-September-2019 after critics said nasty things about him- IF he ran as an independent- would reelect Donald Trump to another term. Look, the former CEO of Starbucks seems like a good guy, it’s a shame that leftist nuts terrorized him into submission.
[xxx] We expect to present the music of the Jackson Five and Michael Jackson sometime in 2025-2026 so please stay tuned for future developments.
[xxxi] These are proto-communist movements and are backed by the Democratic Party in general and that POS communist Georgy Soros. Someone needs to whack this guy.
[xxxii] Question: the Democrats swore to us that Obamacare was the end-all, be-all for socialized medicine in this country. WHY is only Joe Biden the one wanting to keep it, fix it, and promote it? Why do the rest of the scum running for the 2020 nomination want to stuff Medicare-for-All down our throats (or up our keysters)? Enough is enough, already.
WE THANK OUR SUPPORTERS FOR STICKING BY US EVEN THOUGH GOOGLE BLOGGER HAS DUG THE SHIV IN OUR BACKS. EVERYONE SHOULD CUT THEIR BLOGGER PROGRAM LOOSE AND MOVE TO ANOTHER, MORE COOPERATIVE HOST…