TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
SUMMER SESSION 2022
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 102
213. TODAY IN HISTORY—MONDAY, AUGUST 01, 2022:
Colorado Day (Colorado)
U.S. Interior Secretary Robert McClelland; U.S. Secretary of State Lawrence Eagleburger; U.S. Treasury Secretary Alexander J. Dallas; U.S. Secretaries of War William H. Crawford, Lewis Cass, Joseph Holt, Robert Todd Lincoln, Russell A. Alger, and Elihu Root; Acting U.S. Secretary of War Alexander J. Dallas; Chef Olaf Bologolo, Bachman-Turner Overdrive featuring Tim Bachman, Bad Company featuring Boz Burrell, “The Twist” by Chubby Checker, Deep Purple featuring Tommy Bolin, Def Leppard featuring Joe Elliott, the Grass Roots featuring Ricky Coonce, the Grateful Dead featuring Jerry Garcia, the Kinks featuring Ian Gibbons, Manfred Mann’s Earth Band featuring Geoff Britton, “Voodoo Lounge” by the Rolling Stones, and UFO featuring Paul Gray:
- 30 BC: Julius Caesar’s great nephew Gaius Octavian and his troops enter the Egyptian city of Alexandria bringing the North African nation under the authority of the Roman Republic, soon to be the Roman Empire. Meanwhile, Roman General Mark Anthony commits suicide rather than surrender to Octavian; he was 53 years old. His lover- and the mother of Julius Caesar’s son, Caesarion- committed suicide a brief time later walled up in her burial chamber. Her method: a King Cobra.
- 1177 Monday: Holy Roman Emperor Frederick I and the 170th Roman Catholic Pope Alexander III sign the Treaty of Venice, bestowing power to the emperor.
- 1619 Thursday: The first black slaves arrive in North America, 20 poor souls, landing at Jamestown, Virginia, on this date. Unbeknownst to stupid, mostly white liberals four centuries later, the blacks followed in the footsteps of indentured Irish laborers, people who were worth a dime a dozen and who suffered mightily at the hands of the bondholders. Blacks had a price, the Irish did not, thus the slaveowners were obligated to provide better treatment to their slaves than to their indentured laborers.
- 1628 Tuesday: Austrian Emperor Ferdinand II declares that ALL Protestants in his empire convert to Catholicism.
- 1714 Wednesday: Britain’s Queen Anne died at age 49; George the I succeeded her.
- 1732 Friday: Construction crews lay the foundation for the Bank of England.
- 1774 Monday: Scientist Joseph Priestly and chemist Carl Wilhelm isolated oxygen from the air for the first time.
- 1780 Tuesday: A declining power, Sweden declares its neutrality so as to avoid fighting European wars.
- 1781 Wednesday: A British army under the command of General Charles Cornwallis occupies Yorktown, Virginia.
- 1790 Sunday: The first census of the U.S. population gives the figure of 3,939,214. The areas included were the present states of Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, North and South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, and Virginia.
- 1807 Saturday: In Greencastle, Pennsylvania, future 4th U.S. Interior Secretary Robert McClelland is born. A future Democrat, he would serve under President Franklin Pierce from March 08, 1853, to March 09, 1857.
- 1815 Tuesday: The 9th U.S. Secretary of State William H. Crawford assumed office on this date. Crawford served under President James Madison from today until October 22, 1816, and then became Treasury secretary. Meanwhile, U.S. Treasury Secretary Alexander J. Dallas stepped down from office on this date. A Democratic-Republican, he served under President James Madison from March 02, 1815, until today.
- 1831 Monday: The 14th U.S. Secretary of War Lewis Cass assumed office on this date. A Democrat, he served under President Andrew Jackson from today until October 04, 1836, and then became ambassador to France, then U.S. Senator from Michigan, then President Pro Tempore of U.S. Senate and finally 22nd U.S. Secretary of State.
- 1834 Friday: Great Britain abolishes slavery throughout its Empire. (They switched to using an endless supply of prison convicts).
- 1843 Tuesday: In Springfield, Illinois, future 35th U.S. Secretary of War Robert Todd Lincoln is born. A Republican, he would serve under Presidents James A. Garfield and then Chester Alan Arthur from March 05, 1881, to March 04, 1885.
- 1867 Thursday: For the first time in U.S. history, blacks living in a southern state vote in state elections.
- 1873 Friday: Andrew S. Hallidie successfully tested a cable car, doing the design for San Francisco.
- 1876 Tuesday: Colorado became the 38th state to join the United States.
- 1893 Tuesday: Henry Perky and William Ford patented shredded wheat.
- 1894 Wednesday: In Washington, D.C., the 25th U.S. Secretary of War Joseph Holt died at age 87. A Republican, he served under President James Buchannan from January 18, 1861, to March 05, 1861.
- 1899 Tuesday: The 40th U.S. Secretary of War Russell A. Alger left office on this date. A Republican, he served under President William McKinley from March 05, 1897, until today. His replacement- the 41st U.S. Secretary of War Elihu Root- assumed office on this date. A Republican, too, he served under President Theodore Roosevelt from today until January 31, 1904.
- 1907 Thursday: The U.S. Army Signal Corps established an aeronautical division, the forerunner of the U.S. Air Force.
- 1911 Tuesday: Harriet Quimby became the first woman to receive a U.S. pilot’s certificate from the Aero Club of America. Her accomplishments included being the first woman to fly across the English Channel; however due to an accident she suffered in July 1912, she died at age 37.
- 1914 Saturday: The German army crosses the border at Trois Vierges into Luxembourg; Kaiser Wilhelm II declares war on nephew, Tsar Nicholas II’s Russia, too. France and Germany continue mobilization…World War I gets underway.
- 1918 Thursday: British troops occupy Vladivostok, Russia, to help the White Russians fight the Reds.
- 1926 Sunday: French troops find themselves fighting the Druze in Damascus, Syria.
- 1930 Friday: In Milwaukee, Wisconsin, future 62nd U.S. Secretary of State Lawrence Eagleburger is born. A Republican, he served under President George H.W. Bush from December 08, 1992, to January 20, 1993.
- 1933 Tuesday: In Dutch-controlled Indonesia, the authorities arrest resistance leader and future prime minister, Sukarno.
- 1936 Saturday: The Olympics opened in Berlin with a ceremony presided over by Adolf Hitler. The event would conclude on August 16.
- 1940 Thursday: Adolf Hitler is chomping on the bit. He has the German General Staff working hard at revising Operation Sealion, the German invasion of the British Isles. The British are putting up a fight in the air and on the sea and the invasion cannot go forward until the Germans are masters of both. The Luftwaffe must gain complete control of British skies.
- 1941 Friday: New York Yankee pitcher Lefty Gomez walks a Major League Baseball record of batters—11—in a shutout game. The Yankees won 9-0 over the St. Louis Browns.
- 1942 Saturday: Jerry Garcia, noted guitarist and singer with the Grateful Dead[i] and with other groups or as a solo artist, was born on this date in San Francisco, California.
- 1943 Sunday: Rioting broke out in New York City’s Harlem neighborhood after a false rumor spread that a police officer had shot and killed a black U.S. Army soldier who in fact had only been wounded; six people were killed in the violence. Elsewhere, after the Japanese destroyer Amagiri collided with PT-109 during a nighttime mishap, the patrol boat sank off the coast of the Solomon Islands. Lt. John F. Kennedy was in command of the PT-boat and eleven of the thirteen crewmembers survived the collision and subsequent sinking. Meanwhile, future drummer with Manfred Mann’s Earth Band- Geoff Britton (1979)- is born in Lewisham, Southeast London.
- 1944 Tuesday: An uprising broke out in Warsaw against the Nazi occupation; the revolt lasted two months before collapsing. The Poles had been securing and building up weapons in preparation for killing their Nazi tormentors. Meanwhile, the Russians are drawing closer to Warsaw but won’t come to the aid of the Poles until after the Nazis crush the uprising.
- 1945 Wednesday: Chef-blogger with the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day, Olaf Bologolo, is born on this date in Hanford, California.
- 1946 Thursday: The United States established the Atomic Energy Commission. Elsewhere, future bassist with the British bands King Crimson[ii] and Bad Company[iii]—Boz Burrell—is born in Holbeach, Lincolnshire, England, on this date. Elsewhere, future rock drummer with the Grass Roots[iv]—Ricky Coonce—is born in Los Angeles, California.
- 1951 Wednesday: Tommy Bolin, future guitarist with the bands, Zephyr[v], the James Gang[vi], and Deep Purple[vii], is born on this date in Sioux City, Iowa. Elsewhere, future guitarist-vocalist Tim Bachman, who would play in Bachman-Turner Overdrive, [viii] is born in Winnipeg, Canada.
- 1953 Saturday: The first-ever aluminum-faced building underwent completion on this date.
- 1956 Wednesday: Congress amended the Social Security Act to provide benefits to disabled workers aged 50-64 and disabled adult children.
- 1957 Thursday: Canada and the United States create NORAD, the North American Aerospace Defense Command.
- 1958 Friday: The nuclear-powered submarine USS Nautilus begins its dive beneath the polar ice cap. Meanwhile, the price of a First-Class stamp in the U.S. goes from 3-cents to 4-cents, the first increase in 26 years. Elsewhere, in Rochford, England, future member of the British rock band, UFO- Paul Gray (guitars/bass)- is born.
- 1959 Saturday: Future rock vocalist with the British hard rock band, Def Leppard[ix]—Joe Elliott—is born on this date in Sheffield, Yorkshire, England.
- 1960 Monday: Chubby Checker[x] releases the hit single, “The Twist,” which would create a brand-new dance sensation bearing the same name.
- 1966 Monday: Charles Joseph Whitman, 25, went on a shooting rampage at the University of Texas in Austin, killing 14 people. Police gunned down Whitman, who had also murdered his wife and mother hours earlier.
- 1971 Sunday: George Harrison[xi] and friends’ concert for Bangladesh takes place in New York City. This amazing show opened with Ravi Shankar and his fellow musicians performing Indian music and then various members of various British and U.S. rock bands such as Eric Clapton, Leon Russell, Bob Dylan, Ringo Starr, Badfinger, Billy Preston, aka the ‘Fifth Beatle,’ and loads of others. We advise everyone to look for this album and movie.
- 1973 Wednesday: The movie “American Graffiti” opened in movie theaters worldwide.
- 1975 Friday: The Helsinki accords pledged the signatory nations to respect human rights.
- 1976 Sunday: Elizabeth Taylor divorces her sixth husband, Richard Burton, whom she had married a second time.
- 1981 Saturday: The rock music video channel MTV made its debut on this date; however, it now focuses on perversion, homosexuality, and other disgusting and degrading forms of ‘entertainment.’
- 1982 Sunday: During their invasion of Lebanon, the Israelis blast the capital city of Beirut.
- 1986 Friday: John McEnroe and Tatum O’Neal married on this date.
- 1987 Saturday: Mike Tyson beats Tony “TNT” Tucker in a unanimous 12-round with which to retain the WBA, WBC, and won the IBF heavyweight boxing title. Besides winning the IBF title from Tucker in a title unification bout, Tyson put his record to 31-0 while Tubbs’ record went to 34-1-1.
- 1988 Monday: Conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh began broadcasting his nationally syndicate radio program on this date.
- 1990 Wednesday: Iraq pulls out of talks with Kuwait; soon the invasion would begin.
- 1993 Sunday: Reggie Jackson won admittance to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York.
- 1994 Monday: The Rolling Stones[xii] begin the Voodoo Lounge World Tour. Elsewhere, Michael Jackson[xiii] and Lisa Marie Presley confirmed they had secretly married 11 weeks earlier. However, in January 1996, Presley filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences with the “King of Pop.”
- 2005 Monday: Upon the death of King Fahd of Saudi Arabia, Prince Abdullah becomes king.
- 2006 Tuesday: Israel’s Security Council decides to continue the incursion into Lebanon even though the world is calling on the Israelis to stop fighting that Hezbollah trash set in motion. Don’t stop until you wipe all of them out. Period.
- 2007 Wednesday: The eight-lane Interstate 35W Bridge, a major Minneapolis artery, collapsed into the Mississippi River during even rush hour, killing 13 people. Elsewhere, the Bombay Stock Exchange Sensex goes down a whopping 615 points in a single day, the third such worst collapse in the history of stock markets.
- 2008 Friday: Unemployment in the United States hits 5.7-percent, its highest rate in four years. You know it must be an election year.
- 2009 Saturday: The thugs ruling Venezuela order the closure of at least 34 privately-owned radio stations. It’s all for the ‘revolution’ don’t you know? No- it’s what flipping communist do. First thing that goes is freedom of speech. Meanwhile, in Punjab, Pakistan, following claims that Christians desecrated a Holy Quran, jihadists murder six Christians.
- 2010 Sunday: Following Palestinian thugs firing rockets into Israel last night, the Israelis launch airstrikes against Hamas thugs in the Gaza Strip. Elsewhere, Venezuelan thug dictator Hugo Chavez- claiming the Colombians are going to invade his country to liberate people- threatens to send Venezuelan military forces to their shared border. Colombia responds that in so many words, he’s full of fecal matter.
- 2011 Monday: Muslims are getting mighty uppity in Xinjiang Province, China, what with rioting which has led to at least 11 deaths including five jihadists and another 20-to-30 injured. The Chi-Coms are preparing to crack down on the scum. Meanwhile, North Korea continues playing the United States for chumps by saying they are willing to engage in the Six-Party Talks yet again. Fine people, exceptionally fine people, the lying North Koreans. Meanwhile, the U.S. House of Representatives holds another vote and this time is able to raise the DEBT LIMIT CEILING so as to avert the 2011 Debt Limit Ceiling Crisis. The Democrats want to spend and spend and spend…so what else is new?
- 2012 Wednesday: Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak announces that in 30 days, ALL ultra-orthodox Jewish men will become available for the nation’s military draft. Of course, the ultra-orthodox are unhappy but when it comes to defending one’s country, you do what you must do.
- 2013 Thursday: Texas Senator Ted Cruz, Republican, urged grassroots activists to join him in his fight to defund the president’s signature law, the Affordable Care Act…they donated millions to the cause. Meanwhile, defying Barack Obama and the United States, Vladimir Putin granted Edward Snowden temporary asylum, allowing the National Security Agency leaker to slip out of the Moscow airport where he had been holed up for weeks.
- 2014 Friday: Days after imposing additional sanctions against Russia, U.S. President Barack Obama contacts Russian President Vladimir Putin to express concern about Russia’s continuing support of Ukrainian separatists. Meanwhile, a medical examiner ruled that a New York City police officer’s chokehold caused the death of Eric Garner, whose videotaped arrest, and final pleas of “I can’t breathe!” had sparked outrage. What happened to Mr. Garner was not right; however, as impartial we must point out that from the moment police tried to take Garner into custody, he resisted arrest and continued resisting arrest until he died. Do not fight the cops when they want to arrest you.
- 2015 Saturday: After Puerto Rican Governor Alejandro Garcia Padilla warned creditors the previous June that if its debt did not undergo restructuring to keep the commonwealth afloat, Puerto Rico fails to make a $58 billion payment on bonds issued by the Public Finance Corporation. In other news, Palestinian riffraff have been causing trouble for the Israelis who after the scumbags murder an innocent wee babe in his crib by setting him on fire leads Israeli Defense Forces to take the fight to the human garbage. At least two Palestinian 17-year-olds are killed in the resulting fray.
- 2016 Monday: In the autonomous district of Yamalo-Nenets, Siberia, an outbreak of anthrax kills one person, sickens another eight, and kills at least 2,300 reindeer. The authorities blame it on…climate change…what else? Elsewhere, after receiving a request from the ‘government’ in Libya to take out ISIS thugs in Sirte, NATO warplanes arrive on scene, drops loads of bombs, and according to the government kills a whole lotta scumbags.
- 2017 Tuesday: The U.S. Senate confirms the Honorable Christopher A. Wray the next head of the FBI, thus ending the era of the corrupt James Comey. Elsewhere, in Herat, Afghanistan, the so-called ‘religion of peace’- Islam- strikes again when a bomb blast at the Jawadia Shia Mosque kills at least 30 and injures and maims countless others. Got to love the religion! Next, famed keyboardist with the rock band, Steppenwolf- Goldy McJohn- died in Seattle, Washington, on this date from a heart attack; he was 72 years old.
- 2018 Wednesday: The remains of dozens of presumed casualties of the Korean War were returned to U.S. soil; in an emotional ceremony in Hawaii, military members carried 55 boxes draped with American flags off two military transport planes. Meanwhile, in Paris, angry ticket agents at the Eiffel Tower go on strike leaving tens of thousands of tourists perplexed as to WTF to do?
- 2019 Thursday: Keyboardist with the Kinks[xiv] from 1979 to the early 1990s- Ian Gibbons- died at his home in England from bladder cancer; he was only 67. Meanwhile, the U.S. Senate confirms Kelly Craft as the next U.S. ambassador to the United Nations. Elsewhere, due to Chi-Com intransigence, President Donald J. Trump announces via a tweet that starting September 1, 2019, the U.S. is going to slap a 10-percent tariff on $300 billion of Chi-Com exports. Good. The SOBs have been raping the United States for a long, long time. Time to make those bloodsuckers pay.
- 2020 Saturday: Florida is bracing today for incoming Hurricane Isaias. Meanwhile, Democrats and Republicans are working hard to craft a new Chinese Virus relief package. The Democrats want to continue giving unemployed Americans $600 atop their state unemployment checks while the GOP wants to slash the additional funding to $200 atop the weekly state unemployment checks. The GOP wants workers to return to work while the Democrats seek to keep them at home, dependent upon federal government until well after the November elections. Democrats seek to topple the U.S. economy as only then can uber-leftists force Marxism down the throats of the American people. Finally, BOTH Democrats and Republicans slam President Donald J. Trump for seeking to remove U.S. troops from Germany and redeploy them farther east to countries such as Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia, as well as bring some of them home. Very few NATO member countries fail to pay their annual 2-percent dues. As for the most prosperous nation in Western Europe and a linchpin of the alliance: Germany wants U.S. troops to protect them from Russia, yet Angela Merkel makes energy deals with Vladimir Putin for natural gas pipelines coming directly into her country. This is bulls**t!
- 2020 Saturday A: Covid-19 Statistics for the Planet as a Whole- Here are today’s COVID-19 Wuhan Virus, aka the Xi Jinping Bat Flu, aka the Chinese Flu, the Kung Flu, you know, the Chinese “gift” that won’t stop giving, statistics for today: 17,594,541 confirmed cases, UP 273,147, 679,439 confirmed deaths, UP 5,617, and 10,333,166 confirmed recoveries, UP 178,140. In the United States, here are today’s numbers: 4,686,214 confirmed cases, UP 61,034 new cases, 156,370 confirmed deaths, UP 1,124, and 2,293,228 confirmed recoveries, UP 30,254.
- 2020 Saturday B: COVID-19 Statistics in the three states where the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 500,130 confirmed cases, 9,224 confirmed deaths, but thanks to Gov. Gavin Newsom being little more than a festering POS, NO mention of confirmed recoveries. In Hawaii, here are the stats: 2,197 confirmed cases, 26 confirmed deaths, and 1,243 confirmed recoveries. Finally, in the too-far-left-to-save-state-of-Washington, here are the stats: 55,803 confirmed cases, 1,564 confirmed deaths, and like California’s worthless governor, Gov. Jay Inslee won’t list the number of confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at the numbers of another state we haven’t looked at lately, Pennsylvania, the “Keystone State,” one of the worst states for out-of-control liberal politics. The number of cases in the state is 112,936 while the number of deaths is 13,588. No mention of the number of confirmed recoveries. Such a shame but the one thing we do know is that Governor Tom Wolf is little more than a hardcore political hack.
- 2021 Sunday: Covid-19 Statistics for the Planet as a Whole- 198,968,742 confirmed cases, +460,657, 4,239,563 confirmed deaths, +7,115 and 179,593,456 confirmed recoveries, +342,991. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 35,767,126 confirmed cases, UP 21,102 from yesterday’s reporting, 629,380 confirmed deaths, UP 70, [i] and 29,673,290 confirmed recoveries, UP 7,173. We genuinely welcome COVID Live Update World Meter for being honest in covering ALL the numbers- God bless them.[ii]
- 2021 Sunday A: Joe Biden to Donald J. Trump COVID-19 Deaths– Note: since Joe Biden became president on January 20, 2021, there have been 310,938 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States- feeble old Joe, by the end of the year, you will have tied the total number witnessed by the Trump administration in nearly a year of the rampaging coronavirus pandemic. Under President Trump’s watch, there were 404,078 fatalities from the Chi-Com Bat Virus. Currently, Joe is shy 93,140 deaths- we brought this number up to date- Joe is going to hit the mark very soon now…
- 2021 Sunday B: COVID-19 Statistics in the four states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Florida, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 3,965,396 confirmed cases, 64,423 confirmed deaths, and 2,100,971 confirmed recoveries. Moving on, here are the numbers for Florida: 2,636,066 confirmed cases, 39,079 confirmed deaths, and 2,089,018 confirmed recoveries (same numbers). Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 42,862 confirmed cases, 537 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same numbers). Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 474,835 confirmed cases, 6,168 confirmed deaths, and 230,729 confirmed recoveries (same numbers). Let us look at one other portion of the U.S., Missouri: they have 681,518 confirmed cases, 10,289 confirmed deaths, and 577,236 confirmed recoveries. [iii]
- 2021 Sunday C: Foreign COVID Stats of the Day– Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 875,801 confirmed cases, 6,477 confirmed deaths, and 850,950 confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other country- Gambia, 166th country on the list: 7,709 cases of the virus, 212 confirmed deaths and 6,600 confirmed recoveries. [iv]
- 2021 Sunday D: FRIDAY’S Stock Market Closes/Precious and Rare Metals– DOW Jones Industrial Average: 35,935.47, DOWN 149.06 points (-0.42%). Next, the NASDAQ: 14,672.68, DOWN 105.59 points (-0.71%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 4,395.26, DOWN 23.89 points (-0.54%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $73.81 per barrel, -0.14 (-0.19%). The price of GOLD is $1,812.50 per troy oz., -0.10 (-0.01%) while the price of SILVER is $25.55 per troy ounce, 0.00 (+0.01%). The price of PLATINUM is $1,045.90 per troy oz, -2.50 (-0.24%) while the price of COPPER is $4.48 per pound, 0.00 (-0.04%).[v] The price of PALLADIUM is $2,660.50 per troy oz, +14.52 (+0.55%).[vi] The price of RHODIUM is $18,400.00 per troy oz., 0.00 (0.00%). The price of NEODYMIUM is $775,000.00 per CNY/T, +22,500.00 (+2.99%). The price of ALUMINUM is $2,597.75 per USD/T, +2.25 (+0.09%). [vii] Currently, Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000025. As for Chi-Com money, one-dollar U.S. = 6.46 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.84 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 19.88. In Iraqi Dinar, one greenback equals 1,458.00 and in Jamaican Dollar, a buck equal 154.26 and in Japanese Yen, one dollar equals 109.70 of theirs. [viii]
- 2021 Sunday E: U.S. National Debt and Gasoline Prices in the Four States in which we have Chef-Authors- Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising by the day and NOTE- these prices are sans TAXES- in California, gasoline prices have risen to $4.373 per gallon, $2.971 in Florida, $4.084 in Hawaii, and $3.854 in Washington state. [ix] Let’s look at one other location- Louisiana: $2.816. We are going to do something else that could be fun- gasoline prices around the world going from cheapest to highest. The next country on the list has the next lowest gasoline price in the world- Jamaica: $4.711 per U.S. Gallon.[x] Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $28,591,181,135,271 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but flipping TRILLIONS.[xi] Cloward and Piven causing problems like they always do which is not good- those two bastards should have met their ends on the chopping block. As for holders of U.S. debt, after United Arab Emirates, the next largest holder of U.S. debt is Mexico with $49 billion of U.S. national debt (it is important to note that these numbers vary every day with one nation after another jockeying for top position.
- 2021 Sunday F: Joe Biden’s Border Catastrophe I– By our count, today is Day No. 131 for the so-called ‘Border Czar’ “Kooky Kamala” Harris to be in charge of the horrendous humanitarian disaster along the southern border and to have done absolutely NOTHING about it. It’s also her 37th day since her one and only visit to the southern border and to have done absolutely NOTHING about it. When we say ‘nothing,’ we mean, “NOTHING.” It is time she laid down her duties- not that she ever picked them up- and returned home to spend more time with her family. Adios. Customs and Border Protection officials report that in the month of June, the authorities caught 190,000 illegals which means many, many more were able to have beaten the dragnet. Speaking of CBP, former acting commissioner of the organization- Mark Morgan- calls out the hypocrisy of both Joe Biden and the Democrats over their stoppage of the border wall construction- ‘it would be cheaper to complete the wall rather than care for all of these frigging illegal aliens.’
- 2021 Sunday G: Joe Biden’s Border Catastrophe II– Speaking of the horrendous ongoing mess along the southern border, here are the numbers reported by One America News for this disgusting disaster we have no choice but to watch. It affects all of us, it harms all of us, and it will eat away at the guts of the country until everything implodes. First, here is the COST THIS DAY of caring for all the frigging illegal aliens: $583,016,384. Second, here is the COST THIS YEAR: $232,911,831,040. Third, here are the numbers of illegal aliens estimated to have crossed the border this year: 2,387,159. Fourth and final, here is the CONSERVATIVE estimate of illegals believed to be within the United States: 36,387,160. (Sources for One America News Illegal Alien Numbers: Center for Immigration Studies, Department of Homeland Security, Federation for American Immigration Reform, Institute for Defense Analyses, Yale, and MIT). Note- if you have read our blog site for any length of time, then you know we estimated as far back as 2009 when we first began being the voice of the culinary worker and professional chef that back then, we believed the number to be between 35-to-50 million whereas now, we suspect the honest-to-God number is closer to 75-100 million which means we have the seeds of our own demise residing within our country. DEPORT THEM NOW no matter the difficulty or the cost.
- 2021 Sunday H: Illegal Aliens, Invaders, and ‘Refugees’ News– While sending Cubans back to their communist hellhole, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security says that at least 100,000 Haitians will be provided work permits so they can work (and vote) in the U.S. without fear. Elsewhere, seizures of fentanyl along the southern border are up by as much as 4,000-percent. CBP officials report the drug comes from labs in Mexico supplied by the Chi-Coms and that it is used in cocaine, heroin, and in pill presses to create fake oxycontin and other pharmaceutical prescribed drugs being used by Americans. Deaths are going way up once again now that President Donald J. Trump is not in the White House.
- 2021 Sunday I: Foreign News / Overseas News I– Former Iranian thug President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says that while HE was president, the government lied for EIGHT years about its countless human rights abuses and violations. Mahmoud, everyone knows that. Iranian leaders are ALL liars. Elsewhere, the government of Myanmar has extended its ‘state of emergency’ with the leader of the coup proclaimed the prime minister. Meanwhile, the war in Afghanistan continues to rage what with the cities of Herat, Lashkar Gah, and Kandahar being attacked and overwhelmed in some places. In the western portion of the country, the Taliban has attacked a United Nations compound.
- 2021 Sunday J: COVID-19 Updates and Additional Information I– As drooling Joe Biden continues trying to discern ways by which he can coerce the American people into taking the Kung Flu vaccines, Governor Kim Reynolds, R-IA, says ‘nope’ to offering $100 incentives to entice her citizens into getting the shots. (Note- we suspect they could jack it up to $1,000 per jab and people would still say, “HELL, NO, we are not getting this duck dreck”). Meanwhile, CNN ‘health expert’ John Berman puts the blame for the ongoing ‘pandemic’ onto the shoulders of the unvaccinated while totally ignoring the wide-open borders and the hundreds of thousands of infected illegals pouring across into the United States. Good try, Mr. Berman, but it’s all bullshit. This dimwit also says that Joe Biden declared victory ‘way too early.’
- 2021 Sunday K: COVID-19 Updates and Additional Information II– Two countries- Thailand and Indonesia- are pushing away from using Chi-Com vaccines, finding fault with how they are manufactured and the myriad side effects they cause the recipients. (Note- NO one should use any vaccine from either the Chi-Coms or the Russians. Both are f**ked up countries). Elsewhere, a new poll says that only 45-percent of the American people are concerned about getting the Chi-Vi while 13-percent- hardcore liberals- wet their beds at night in terror of contracting it. What’s more, Xi Jinping Bat Flu deaths and hospitalizations are at record lows. Yes, the Delta variant of the Chi-Com flu is much more contagious- like the common cold- but much less lethal. Also let’s not forget that about one week ago today, the Dems were beginning to drive up the fears of the Lambda variant but then abruptly yanked that one back for use at a later date. Delta comes from India while Lambda comes from Peru.
- 2021 Sunday L: Health and Medical Alerts– Fox News host Judge Janine Pirro says that the government is setting up for future COVID-19 lockdowns and restrictions- especially going into 2022 so the Dems and their RINO sycophants can replicate the elections theft they perfected in conjunction with the Chi-Coms in 2020. Judge Pirro points out that the LEFT is the science deniers. She also asked what the ‘endgame’ in this horrible scheme is? In other Chi-Vi news, the Centers for Disease Control is paying the National Football League’s Alumni Association $3.5 million to get retired players to coerce current players into taking the Xi Jinping Bat Flu vaccines even though they have no desire to do it. Next, in two San Francisco, California, hospitals, 233 breakthrough cases among fully vaccinated staff have occurred with at least TWO of them hospitalized. Finally, South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster, R, is blasting health officials for exaggerating COVID-19’s danger via their frightening hyperbole.
- 2021 Sunday M: Political News I– The ‘mask mandate’ imposed by nonagenarian U.S. House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi is not only unpopular with most Republicans, but also becoming increasingly unpopular with many Democrats as well- so says the polls. Speaking of mask mandates, Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel “Bow-Wow” Bowser like many other Democrats- including “Mumbles” Pelosi and her corpulent sidekick, Rep. Jerrold “Tub-of-Goo” Nadler, DS-NY 10th CD, all have been captured wandering around sans masks. Next, Democrats are fretting over the fact that millions of Americans could soon be homeless once the moratorium on evictions vanishes but here’s the deal: most of the $45 billion earmarked for helping renters and mortgage holders keep current remains unused which means it’s resting peacefully in the pockets of Democrat and RINO politicians.
- 2021 Sunday N: Political News II– We have been long hoping for this but it sounds like former Alaska GOP Governor Sarah Palin could return to politics and take a go at highly unpopular current Senator Lisa Murkowski in 2022. We hope to God she runs and beats this Republican-in-name-only. She would be an amazing addition to the U.S. Senate. Meanwhile, U.S. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-CA 23rd CD, says that ‘IF he gets the gavel in November 2022, he will launch investigations into drooling Joe Biden and extremely corrupt House Speaker “Mumbles” Pelosi. Speaking of moronic Democrats, the police chief of Charleston, South Carolina, Luther Reynolds, says that the Democrats’ Defund the Police scheme is blowing up in their faces.
- 2021 Sunday O: Business News– Amazon has been slammed with a $886 million fine over a recent data law breach. Meanwhile, British-based bank Monzo Bank Ltd finds itself embroiled in a money-laundering mess.
- 2022 Monday: Friends, let me float a theory by you: could the war in Ukraine be a false flag operation of sorts? Joe Biden’s regime is on its last legs and the goons still have two years to go. Still, the world is accepting skyrocketing gas prices, energy shortages, food shortages, Russian and communist Chinese hegemony, and a concerted effort to topple prosperous Western democracies all in the name of saving a despotic regime in Eastern Europe. I suspect that once liberal lunatics such as Joe f**king Biden seize power as his good buddy, Justin Trudeau has already done and others follow, the New World Order will be imposed on the global population with the Chi-Coms at the top. This is evil, coordinated, and propaganda/fake news supported, and I fear if they find a way to force everyone to remain at home another election cycle, it will become a fait accompli. Although Ukraine is being destroyed, it will be rebuilt once the world is starved into submission, the people driven into poverty, and freeze in the winters and broil in the summers, it will be too late. Tell me what you think- Chef Hector.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0909 a 20” x 24” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Verbenas and Saguaros.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” For more than 60 years- up until her untimely death from cancer in 2012- Bev stood before the easel and painted for 10-12 hours per day. Known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks, her paintings are in demand as much today as they were 30 years ago. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her website NOW and view her stunning body of work, one the Chi-Coms have long tried to copy and sell facsimiles of but which none of them have ever been able to reproduce well enough to fool novice art buyers. Once there, it is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor- virtually anyone. You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there as quickly as your fingers can tap the letters on your keyboard. The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day, aka the AICPENDBLOG.COM, thanks each and every one of you, our beloved, loyal fan base. DON’T buy any counterfeit bull crap coming out of mainland communist China, especially from Xinjiang Province, ground zero for Chi-Com National Socialism.
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
The next album by Beach Boys’ genius, Brian Wilson, is his first seasonal release: “What I Really Want for Christmas,” an album that came out on October 18, 2005. The Beach Boys had a glorious Christmas album so it would make sense that Brian would do something similar and thus, here it is. Besides doing some of his classic Beach Boys tunes such as “Little St. Nick” and “The Man with All the Toys,” he delivers some amazing covers of other, classic Yuletide tunes. As always, he has a superb cast of supporting musicians with which to deliver a delightful holiday package. We hope you will seek this one out and consider making it a part of your daily listening pleasure around the holidays. You will be extremely glad you did- we guarantee it.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 08-01-2022, all rights reserved. (Editor’s Note: we pay the estate of Beverly Carrick an annual fee by which, we can show her paintings to the world. We make NO money from the estate’s sales of her world-famous artworks). Total Word Count: 6,507. Chef Hector Santanamos “El Chilote” De Soto.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Beverly Carrick Fiery Southwest Desert Landscapes, Just the Facts, Unvarnished Truth- The, American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day, COVID-19 Statistics for the Planet as a Whole, Joe Biden to Donald J. Trump COVID-19 Deaths, COVID-19 Statistics, Foreign COVID Stats of the Day, Stock Market Closes/Precious And Rare Metals, U.S. National Debt and Gasoline Prices in the Four States in which we have Chef-Authors, Joe Biden’s Border Catastrophe I, Joe Biden’s Border Catastrophe II, Illegal Aliens-Invaders-and-‘Refugees’ News, Foreign News / Overseas News I, COVID-19 Updates And Additional Information I, COVID-19 Updates And Additional Information II, Political News I, Political News II, Business News, One America News, Monzo Bank Ltd., Amazon, Chef Olaf Bologolo, Tim Bachman, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Boz Burrell, Bad Company, “The Twist” by Chubby Checker, Tommy Bolin, Deep Purple, Joe Elliott, Def Leppard, Ricky Coonce, The Grass Roots, Jerry Garcia, The Grateful Dead, Geoff Britton, Manfred Mann’s Earth Band, The Voodoo Lounge World Tour by the Rolling Stones, Steppenwolf, Goldy McJohn, Paul Gray, UFO, Iran, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Myanmar, Afghanistan, United Nations, Taliban- the, Thailand, Indonesia, President James Madison, President Andrew Jackson, President Franklin Pierce, President James Buchannan, President James A. Garfield, President William McKinley, President Theodore Roosevelt, President Donald J. Trump, Joe Biden, ‘Border Czar’ “Kooky Kamala” Harris, U.S. Interior Secretary Robert McClelland, U.S. Treasury Secretary Alexander J. Dallas, U.S. Secretary of State William H. Crawford, U.S. Secretary of State Lawrence Eagleburger, U.S. Secretary of War Lewis Cass, U.S. Secretary of War Joseph Holt, U.S. Secretary of War Robert Todd Lincoln, U.S. Secretary of War Russell A. Alger, U.S. Secretary of War Elihu Root, Customs and Border Protection, CBP- the, Centers for Disease Control, Governor Kim Reynolds, South Carolina Politics, Governor Henry McMaster, Former Alaska GOP Governor Sarah Palin, Former Acting CBP Commissioner Mark Morgan, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, CNN, John Berman, Senator Lisa Murkowski, Senator Ted Cruz, U.S. House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi, U.S. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, Mayor Muriel “Bow-Wow” Bowser, Rep. Jerrold “Tub-of-Goo” Nadler, Illegal Alien Shadow Invasion, Illegal Aliens, Illegal Immigration, Illegal Alien Undeclared War on the U.S., Mexican Drug Cartels, Illegal Alien Invasion, Illegal Alien Tsunami, Illegal Alien Tidal Wave, Illegal Alien Caravans, Joe Biden’s Open Borders Policies, Build the Wall and Deport Them All, Replacement Theory, Illegal Alien overrunning of America, Communist China’s ‘Opium War’ on the United States, COVID-19, Chi-Vi- the, The ‘VID, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, China Virus, China Virus Crisis, Yellow Fever 2019-2021, Communist China Condition, Kung Flu- The, Wuhan Waltz- The, BIG C-19- The, Wuhan Whoopie- The, COVID-19 Mandates, Pelosi Pox- The, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Hubei Hooey- The, Xi Jinping’s Bat Fu Yuk, Communist Killer Virus 2019-2021 and Onward, Chairman Xi’s Fever, Chairman Xi’s Gift to the World- the Chi-Vi, COVID-19- the Trump Whacker, COVID-19- the Hong Kong Democracy Movement Killer, California COVID-19 Cases, Florida COVID-19 Cases, Hawaii COVID-19 Cases, Washington COVID-19 Cases, Missouri COVID-19 Cases, Pennsylvania COVID-19 Cases, Israeli COVID-19 Cases, Gambian COVID-19 Cases, U.S. National Debt, Holders of U.S. National Debt, U.S. National Debt Clock, National Security Matters, DOW Jones Industrial Average, NASDAQ, S & P 500, Nikkei 225 Index, Deutsche Boerse DAX Index, Shanghai Composite SE Index, S & P BSE Sensex Index, COVID-19 World Health Meter Statistics, U.S. Stock Markets, U.S. National Debt, National Security Issues, U.S. National Gasoline Prices, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper, Palladium, Rhodium, Neodymium, Aluminum, Precious and Rare Metals, Light Sweet Crude Oil, U.S. Monetary Conversions, Monetary Conversions of the Day, Bitcoin, Chinese Yuan, European Union Euros, Mexican Pesos, Russian Rubles, Iraqi Dinar, Jamaican Dollar, Japanese Yen, Louisiana Gas Prices, Global Petrol Prices, Jamaica Petrol Price, Roman Catholic Church, Pope Alexander III, Professional Sports, Major League Baseball Hall of Fame, Reggie Jackson, National Football League, National Football League’s Alumni Association, Professional Boxing, “Iron Mike” Tyson, Mike Tyson, Tony Tubbs, Tony “TNT” Tubbs, World Boxing Association, WBA- The, World Boxing Council, WBC- The, International Boxing Federation, IBF- The, Brian Wilson, Chef Hector Santanamos “El Chilote” De Soto,
[i] We began promoting the music of the Grateful Dead- including Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir, Mickey Hart, and Phil Lesh- beginning on Tuesday, 30-August-2011 through Wednesday, 11-January-2012. Then, we did a second series featuring more albums by this fabled San Francisco band beginning on Friday, 09-August-2013 through Monday, 19-August-2013. At some point, we will have to do a third series as the music from this band never ends. Please, seek them out and consider adding them to your collection.
[ii] We promoted the music of King Crimson, one of the greatest prog-rock bands of all time beginning on Monday, 20-October-2014 through Sunday, 21-December-2014. We hope you will check them out as the remain active to this day.
[iii] We promoted the music of Led Zeppelin- among other numerous interconnected bands beginning with the Yardbirds on Wednesday, 02-July-2014 through vocalist Paul Rodgers of both Free and Bad Company on Sunday, 19-October-2014. We definitely hope you will check them all out.
[iv] We offered the music of this famed West Coast band- the Grass Roots- beginning on Thursday, 06-February-2014 through Saturday, 22-February-2014. We hope you will seek their music out by visiting whatever site you choose for the absolute best in rock music. You will be glad you did.
[v] Not sure if we will ever get to the music of Zephyr but we sure as heck to do so within the next, uh, 25 years or so.
[vi] We promoted the music of the James Gang beginning on Saturday, 11-August-2012 through Monday, 27-August-2012. We did not do the solo discography of Joe Walsh at the time but when we arrive at the Eagles, we most certainly will.
[vii] We shared the music of Deep Purple, Ian Gillan, Captain Beyond, Elf, and Rainbow beginning on Tuesday, 20-March-2018 and concluded this massive offering on Sunday, 14-October-2018. Please seek out the music by all of these phenomenal bands. All are fabulous.
[viii] On Wednesday, 14-June-2017, we began presenting the music of the Guess Who and of its individual members- including Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Randy Bachman, Burton Cummings, and Bravebelt. The entire discography ran from the above date through Sunday, 01-October-2017. We hope you will check them out.
[ix] Not sure when we will offer the music of Def Leppard but we hope to do it sometime within the next decade. Please, keep posted for further information.
[x] When we do the old rock-and-rollers and the blues men, Chubby Checkers will be among them.
[xi] We began promoting the music of both the Beatles and the band’s individual components on Friday, 04-November-2016 through Sunday, 11-June-2018. Besides the Beatles, we also promoted the music of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and George Harrison as well as the Traveling Wilburys. We hope you will seek them out and consider adding these albums to your collection. We thank you.
[xii] We shared the music of the Rolling Stones (and the group’s individual members) beginning Tuesday, 22-March-2016 through Sunday, 28-August-2016. This included the members solo projects.
[xiii] We expect to present the music of the Jackson Five and Michael Jackson sometime in 2025-2026 so please stay tuned for future developments.
[xiv] We presented the music of the Kinks, as well as of Ray and Dave Davies, beginning on Monday, 22-December-2014 through Sunday, 15-March-2015. We hope you will check out the music of this original British invasion band as they are as relevant today as they were more than 50 years ago. Sure beats the hell out of Maroon Five.
[xv] Bing seems to be covering numbers up for the Biden administration so here is where we have gone now: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[xviii] We obtain our statistics for the coronavirus from: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[xix] Commodities – Oil, Silver and Gold Prices – CNN Business– see this site for daily commodity information.
[xx] Palladium PRICE Today | Palladium Spot Price Chart | Live Price of Palladium per Ounce | Markets Insider (businessinsider.com) See this site for daily trading in palladium.
[xxi] Commodities Prices – Spot – Futures (tradingeconomics.com) See this site for much of the economic information cobbled together at this blog.
[xxiv] Please see the following site for information on global gas prices: Gasoline prices around the world, 26-Apr-2021 | GlobalPetrolPrices.com
[xxv] U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.