Chef Olaf Bologolo
The AICP-END Blog
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
JUST THE FACTS AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM
THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY COMMENTARY-OPINION-SPORTS-FOOD SERVICE FOR SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2019 BY CHEF OLAF BOLOGOLO
“There is a reason WHY Donald Trump won in 2016 and will again in 2020; all we must do is look back at 2012 and reexamine the loser who gave us the man we now have” by Chef Olaf Bologolo
FALL SESSION 2019
BLOG POST #3,311 AT THE AICP-END
347 DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2020
There is a reason WHY people voted for Donald J. Trump…
Century City, CA 90067, 11-24-2019 Sunday: Friends, here we are, MY final post of the year and next week is Thanksgiving week. Chef Pedro will be taking the lead and I am sure he might share some insights into his cooking prowess, then again, he might just talk politics like the rest of us. You know when we began the blog at Choseit.com, early 2009, we spoke on politics there. When we moved over to Google, we talked food for a long time and then we segued into politics because like it or not, that is the world in which we live and food blogs are everywhere. Politics is king and it pays the bills.
I will say, however, Thanksgiving in Los Angeles is an marvelous thing, we are preparing more than 100 whole turkeys, not to mention additional breast meat. People love their turkey, their stuffing, their green bean casseroles, they love their mashed potatoes and turkey gravy, they love their Coca-Cola ham, they love their peas and pearl onions, their cornbread, you name it, they love it (especially the pumpkin, apple, and homemade mincemeat pies), and we put on one hell of a show. Buffet in the fine dining room and plated orders in the executive fine-dining room. I hope you will find us and join us.
This upcoming election is approaching at the speed of a runaway locomotive. People talk about it day and night. You like Trump, you hate Trump, you hope he goes to prison, you hope he beats the rap and keeps on ticking even as he continues taking one licking after another.
I have read my colleagues’ posts and follow each one of them as should ALL of you. Like everyone else, I get it, you either love Trump or you hate Trump, seems like there is no middle road. I used to be a big GREEN, voted Democrat, toed the line on liberal talking points and thought all was good and fine. Then, Obama happened.
I thought President Obama was going to blaze the way to a new beginning for the country, that we would all join together, white, black, brown, yellow, red, and every hue and shade in between. I thought racism would vanish and a “new dawn” would begin, as the famed Jefferson Airplane proclaimed at Woodstock[i] back in 1969 as the song, “Volunteers,” broke out, one of the most memorable performances by any band at that legendary show.
Then, politics occurred. We discovered that President Obama was a politician like all the rest. Sure, he was ‘new,’ smelled like the proverbial new car in his tailor-made suits, had that big flashy smile, and yes, ‘we were all going to be socialists now.’ Or so the magazines proclaimed as they superimposed Obama’s face over that of a smiling, cigarette-holder-smoking Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Ah, the good old days.
Instead of fixing the mess left over from the George W. Bush mess, we got more mess. Instead of fixing the disaster Number 43 left us, Number 44 and his Democrat compatriots decided they were going to destroy and devastate the entire U.S. health care system. Force us to bend over, slather on some home-style mayonnaise, and go to town, boys and girls, go to town, drilling for buckets more of tax dollars.
Taking over the health care system and then trashing it pissed off a whole lot of people. The ‘resistance’ broke out and every successive election saw more Republicans added to the House and Senate. The only race that flopped was the 2012 Presidential Election because the GOP sent out a bogus candidate, then-Gov. Mitt Romney. Talk about a loser.
People are curious now as to how someone like Donald J. Trump could get elected. Well, let me tell you, all we need do is to look back to 2012. Mitt Romney, yet another polished performer trotted out to flash the smiles, twinkle his eyes, gladhand everyone swarming around him, and speak splendid words that meant little to nothing.
The debates between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama in 2012 were ‘something,’ to say the least. The first one, Wednesday, October 03, 2012 found a fiery Mitt Romney pummeling a dazed and disoriented President Barack Obama. I can still remember the lounge crowd; people were leaping up and yelling approval of the Massachusetts governor’s performance. By this time, Obamaism was wearing people out.
It appeared as though the president was of the opinion that it was beneath him to even have to debate the Republican governor and that allowed Romney to score point after point giving hope to millions of Americans that #44 would be a one-term loser.
Next up, the vice-presidential debate occurred, the one between Vice President Joe Biden and challenger, Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan. This matchup occurred on Thursday, October 11, at the Norton Center for the Arts.
Now recollection of this event is that the old-timer made the young whippersnapper look like a dope. I guess when he became House speaker later on, we learned what sort of a dope Congressman Ryan was, especially after Donald Trump became president and he inserted a dagger into the back of everything #45 tried to do in his first couple of years.
Then, Mittens and Obama squared off for the second time, on Tuesday, October 16, 2012. This was a town hall format what with the candidates answering questions posed by audience members. Obama was much more comfortable in this style of competition than Gov. Romney was and it showed. Plus, like always, people figured the debate moderators slipped the questions to the Democrat while leaving the Republican to hear everything for the first time.
Finally, the third and final presidential debate occurred on October 22, 2012 and everyone believed that President Obama smoked his challenger. Most folks recalled the previous one but forgot that Romney truly won the first matchup. It was what it was and we got another four years of misery, confrontation, more illegal aliens, and racial animosity.
This is WHY when Donald Trump ran and promised the things he did, people said, “NO MORE” to yet another polished Republican potential loser and went with the New York City billionaire. Hence, why the ‘resistance’ which is fueled by angry Republicans and incensed Democrats and will continue through the remainder of this year and throughout the next and possibly beyond if Trump wins a second term as millions of us believe he will.
Question is, can WE handle it? We will find out next year. See you then…God willing…Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year. Love you all.
CEC, ACF, Washington State Chefs Association, Retired
This is a facsimile of me as created by the well-known Bakersfield, California, street artist, the famed Simone. My entire life has been one of professional food service with my family and I owning and operating a well-known eatery in beautiful downtown Los Angeles, California, the epitome of fine cuisine around the world.
Chef Olaf Bologolo writes from Century City, CA.
Chef Olaf Bologolo was a member of the Green Party and voted Democrat. In January 2017, he re-registered as an Independent.
Contact me at the following email address: olafbologolo372B@gmail.com
CHEF OLAF BOLOGOLO
END COMMENTARY 11-24-2019
COPYRIGHT © 2019 BY MHB PRODUCTIONS
WORD COUNT: 1,100
11-24-2019 Su Political Topics and Essays, Part MCMXCVIII: “There is a reason WHY Donald Trump won in 2016 and will again in 2020; all we must do is look back at 2012 and reexamine the loser who gave us the man we now have” by Chef Olaf Bologolo.
HOW TO CONTACT THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY: Write us at PO Box 20669, Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669 or call us at (661) 374-1430 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. PST weekdays and weekends, well, take your chances. You can also email us by contacting the author of the week using his or her email address, which we provide beneath their personal information.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 11-21-2019, all rights reserved.
Bologolo, Olaf. “There is a reason WHY Donald Trump won in 2016 and will again in 2020; all we must do is look back at 2012 and reexamine the loser who gave us the man we now have.” Political Topics and Essays, Part MCMXCVIII
FOR FURTHER READING:
Edward “Eddie” Fitzgerald Carlton edited and rewrote the blog post today.
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
KEEP READING THE ELEMENTARY NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST OF CULINARY POLITICS!
READ THE ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST NEWS, POLITICAL COMMENTARY, SPORTS, FOOD SERVICE, HOTEL, AND RESTAURANT BUSINESS, THE END TIMES, THE END OF DAYS, THE APOCALYPSE, ARMAGEDDON, AND WHATEVER ELSE HAPPENS TO POP UP!
THE BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #1096 a 20” x 16” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “A Stroll on Park Street.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
TODAY IN HISTORY—NOVEMBER 24, 2019:
President Zachary Taylor; Vice President Alben W. Barkley; “Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely-Hearts Club Band” by the Beatles, Blondie featuring Clem Burke, KISS featuring Eric Carr, Lynyrd Skynyrd featuring Bob Burns and Queen featuring Freddie Mercury:
- 496: Anastasias II succeeds Gelasius I as Catholic Pope.
- 642: Theodore I begins his reign as Catholic Pope.
- 1655: English Lord Protector Oliver Cromwell bans Anglicans from practicing their faith.
- 1784: Future 12th president of the United States 1849-1850—Whig Zachary Taylor—is born on this date.
- 1805: The Lewis and Clark Expedition reach the Pacific Ocean, the first Americans to cross the continent to the west coast of North America.
- 1835: The Texas Provisional Government authorizes the Texas Rangers, a mounted police force.
- 1859: British naturalist Charles Darwin published “On the Origin of the Species,” which explained the “Theory of Evolution” through natural selection.
- 1862: Confederate President Jefferson Davis appointed General Joseph E. Johnston to command the Department of the West during the Civil War.
- 1863: The Civil War Battle of Lookout Mountain began in Tennessee, which resulted in Union forces taking the mountain from the Confederates.
- 1871: The National Rifle Association organizes in New York City; part of the reason for its founding is to put firearms into the hands of former slaves in the South so they can protect themselves and their families from the KKK.
- 1874: Joseph F. Glidden received a patent for barbed wire.
- 1877: Future 35th vice-president of the United States, 1949-1953, Democrat Alben W. Barkley—is born on this date.
- 1903: Clyde J. Coleman received a patent for an electric self-starter motor for automobiles.
- 1917: Nine members of the Milwaukee Police Department and two civilians died in a bombing that exploded inside the station on this date. A local resident discovered a suspicious-looking package outside a church and brought it to the cops. The authorities blamed anarchists but the actual culprits never were captured.
- 1922: Free State forces executed Irish nationalist and author Erskine Childers in Dublin. Meanwhile, the Italian government authorizes dictatorial powers for Benito Mussolini for the term of ‘one year.’
- 1939: British Overseas Airways Corp. (BOAC) was formally established.
- 1940: In Warsaw, Poland, the Nazis closed off the Jewish ghetto in which, some 350,000 people underwent confinement. Over the next three years, starvation, disease, and deportations to concentration camps thinned the population to 70,000.
- 1941: The U.S. Supreme Court, in Edwards v. California, unanimously struck down a law prohibiting people from bringing impoverished non-residents into the state. Meanwhile, Commonwealth Indian troops attack Afrika Korps positions at Sidi Omar in North Africa.
- 1942: German Field Marshal Eric von Manstein arrives at Starobelsk to seek a way to relieve the trapped Germans at Stalingrad.
- 1944: During World War II, U.S. bombers based on Saipan attacked Tokyo in the first raid against the Japanese capital by land-based planes.
- 1947: A group of writers, producers and directors that the world would come to know as the “Hollywood 10,” underwent citation for contempt of Congress for refusing to answer questions about alleged Communist influence in the movie industry. Meanwhile, “The Pearl” by John Steinbeck underwent publication for the first time.
- 1948: Ireland votes for independence from Great Britain.
- 1950: The musical, “Guys and Dolls,” based on the writings of Damon Runyon and featuring songs by Frank Loesser opened on Broadway. Elsewhere, U.S. and United Nations troops begin counterattack against North Korean forces with the hope of ending the Korean War by Christmas. Next, future drummer with the rock band, Blondie, 1975-82 / 1997-present, Clem Burke, is born on this date. Finally, Bob Burns—future drummer with the Southern rock band, Lynyrd Skynyrd 1967-1974—is born in the United States on this date.
- 1954: France sends an additional 20,000 troops to bolster their North African colony of Algeria.
- 1963: Jack Ruby shot and mortally wounded Lee Harvey Oswald, the accused assassin of President John F. Kennedy, in a scene captured on live television.
- 1966: The Beatles begin their recording sessions for the “Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely-Hearts Club Band” album.
- 1969: Apollo 12 splashed down safely in the Pacific Ocean after returning from the moon. Meanwhile, U.S. Army superiors ordered Lt. William L. Calley to undergo courts martial for his role in the deaths of Vietnamese civilians at the My Lai Massacre in Vietnam.
- 1971: A hijacker calling himself “Dan Cooper,” (but who became popularly known as “D. B. Cooper”) parachuted from a Northwest Orient Airlines 727 over the Pacific Northwest after receiving $200,000 in ransom—to this day, his fate remains unknown.
- 1974: Scientists in Ethiopia discovered the bone fragments of a 3.2 million-year-old hominid; they named the skeletal remains, “Lucy.”
- 1982: Barack Hussein Obama, Sr. a Kenyan government economist and father of future President Barack Obama lost his life in an automobile accident in Nairobi; he was 46.
- 1983: In exchange for six Israeli POWS, the Israelis release 4,500 Palestinian and Lebanese terrorists to the PLO.
- 1985: Egyptian Special Forces troops storm a hijacked Boeing jetliner on the island of Malta, which results in 60 deaths including the hijackers.
- 1987: The United States and the Soviet Union agreed on terms to scrap short-and medium-range missiles. President Ronald Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev signed the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty the following month.
- 1989: Romanian leader Nicolae Ceausescu was unanimously reelected Communist Party chief. However, within a month, a popular uprising overthrew his government and executed both him and his wife, Elena, on Christmas Day. Meanwhile, in Czechoslovakia, the hardline government resigned after more than a week of protests its communist policies.
- 1991: Rock singer Freddie Mercury died in London at age 45 of AIDS-related pneumonia. Meanwhile, longtime drummer with the rock band, KISS, 1980-1991, Eric Carr, lost his battle with heart cancer on this date.
- 1992: In China, a domestic airliner crash killed 141 people.
- 1993: Congress gave its final approval to the Brady handgun control bill. Elsewhere, Robert Thompson and Jon Venables, both 11 years of age, suffered conviction for murdering 2-year-old James Bulger of Liverpool, England. Both received sentences of ‘indefinite detention.’
- 1995: In Ireland, voters narrowly approved a constitutional amendment, which legalized divorce on this date.
- 1996: Rusty Wallace won the first NASCAR event held in Japan on this date.
- 2000: The U.S. Supreme Court stepped into the bitter overtime struggle for the White House, agreeing to consider George W. Bush’s appeal against the hand recounting of ballots in Florida.
- 2003: President Bush signed a $401.3 billion defense authorization bill. The president then traveled to Fort Carson, Colorado, where he paid tribute to the sacrifices of U.S. troops in Iraq. Elsewhere, a jury in Virginia Beach, Virginia, sentenced John Allen Muhammad to death for the Washington, D.C.-area Beltway-sniper shootings.
- 2010: To secure a financial bailout from the European Union and the International Monetary Fund, Ireland presents the two bodies a plan for a 15-billion-euro austerity plan.
- 2011: The government of India announces a relaxation of rules regarding foreign-owned businesses such as Wal-Mart and TESCO, so they can operate within its borders.
- 2012: Sniveling and whining Palestinian leaders announce they are going to exhume the body of Yasser Arafat, who died of suspected poisoning in 2004. Meanwhile, in Dublin, Ireland, a protest estimated to contain 10,000 or more people took place demanding an end to austerity measures the country sought back in 2010.
- 2013: The government of Angola’s Ministry for Justice and Human Rights denies that it is closing mosques and has banned Islam from within its borders to stop the spread of Islamist extremism. They say the mosques are closing because the leaders of Islam have not gone through the legal process of getting their religion approved by the government. Why can we not do this in the United States of America? Elsewhere, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu harshly condemned the international community’s nuclear ‘deal’ with Iran, calling it a “historic mistake” and saying he was not bound by the agreement.
- 2014: A grand jury in St. Louis County, Missouri, announces that Officer Darren Wilson will NOT face charges in the shooting death of Michael Brown because he had attacked the officer and would not comply with his demands to surrender. The announcement causes widespread protests and riots ensue throughout the city of Ferguson where the incident occurred.
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, Bob Burns, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Queen, Freddie Mercury, Blondie, Clem Burke, The Beatles, “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely-Hearts Club Band”, KISS, Eric Carr, President Zachary Taylor, Vice President Alben W. Barkley, O. Bologolo, Political Topics and Essays, The Zombies, 2012 Presidential Election, Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, 2016 Presidential Election, Donald Trump, 2020 Presidential Election, The Jefferson Airplane, Woodstock Music and Arts Festival 1969,
FEATURED ALBUM OF THE DAY:
The Zombies, dead and buried, yet their record company put out the next of what would be many compilation albums. “Meet the Zombies,” came out on October 18, 1989 and it featured fifteen extraordinarily important tracks, some of which appeared on singles as well as on their first two albums. While you might only find it on CD if you search the web, you sure as heck can find it on wax so visit your favorite record store and consider adding it to your collection- you will be you did.
SPECIAL ALBUMS OF THE DAY:
Posted at the Sunday, March 03, 2013 Blog Post:
Today’s album is Frank Zappa’s twenty-seventh solo album, “The Old Masters, Box II,” and which came out in 1986 and is another fine addition in the ongoing musical saga of Frank Zappa, with or without the Mothers of Invention by his side. What would Frank have made of an ignorant inebriated idiot like Ralph Bailey, Jr.? Sadly, we will never know because had Mr. Zappa known this bungling know-it-all piece of crap, he probably would have brushed him out of his way or kicked his ass. Please visit the Amazon.com Website so you can purchase this fine collector’s album—you will NOT regret it—we guarantee that.
Posted @ the Monday, September 29, 2014 Blog Post B:
Paul Rodgers released his next album, “Muddy Water Blues: A Tribute to Muddy Waters,” on April 20, 2009. Everyone who reveres the blues, music of the black experience in the South that later branched out across the country to Chicago, Detroit, and other cities, then you know blues icon Muddy Waters. British musicians loved the blues music and this artist is no different and with him in this smoking studio effort are an assortment of musicians who feel the same. We hope you will seek this one out by visiting Amazon.com where you can purchase it in the condition, the price, and format that works best for you. Do it now- you can thank us later.
[i] The Jefferson Airplane performed on the second day, August 16, 1969. The Airplane followed the Who and performed a lengthy, although drugged-out set. Still, they were amazing and one can find their album at Amazon.com, “The Woodstock Experience: Jefferson Airplane.” Dig it.
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK OUR PATRONS AND BENEFACTORS FOR KEEPING OUR BLOGS UP-AND-RUNNING. WE APPRECIATE WHAT THEY DO AS SHOULD YOU. WE ALSO THANK GOOGLE FOR BEING THE GREAT ORGANIZATION THEY ARE…AND FRIENDS AND FOLLOWERS, BUY MORE OF THE GOODS WE OFFER AS EVERY PURCHASE KEEPS THE LIGHTS ON, THE WATER RUNNING, AND THE PLUMBING WORKING…