Chef Cheryl La Tigre
The AICP-END Blog
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
JUST THE FACTS- WORDPRESS
THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY COMMENTARY-OPINION-SPORTS-FOOD SERVICE FOR SATURDAY, MARCH 02, 2019 BY CHEF CHERYL LA TIGRE
“Just the Facts: the German people did not accept euthanasia at first but as propaganda told them it would conserve resources and redirect them to where they could better serve the people of the country, they gradually embraced what would become the Holocaust” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre
WINTER SESSION 2019
BLOG POST #3,044 AT THE AICP-END
613 DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2020
How will the young people of today care for my husband and me when we are in our late eighties, nineties, or beyond? With compassion or will they see us as the Nazis saw the weak and disabled, as ‘useless eaters’ and act in the interests of the nation?
Honolulu, HI, 03-02-2019 Saturday: As I have repeatedly reminded my readers, I am a Democrat, a loyal one, if I may so myself but I am also a rational, thinking human being and have shared misgivings about the single-payer health care system the current crop of Democrats wants to force on the American people. If they model it on the Kaiser Permanente line and things remained relatively the same, then I think it would be workable, something I would support. However, if we receive one-size-fits-all and must visit government-run facilities, I think it would be disastrous as it would drive a stake through the hearts of private insurers, the backbone of the system.
Private employers like Lalo and I offer several options to our employees, the most popular being Kaiser as they provide the biggest bang for the buck. There are varying levels of coverage that people can choose and many of our older employees like the Advantage plan connected to Kaiser as they can obtain extra benefits which enable them to receive preventative health care and prescription drugs at affordable prices.
Nevertheless, as I have mentioned over the past couple of days, we have historical examples with which to judge the current time in our nation’s history, which should cause us to put our foot on the brakes and bring the semi-truck to a screeching halt.
Our prime example is Nazi Germany. The reason WHY thinking people focus on the Third Reich over the Soviet Union, North Korea, Cuba, or Venezuela (or other Third World Marxist dictatorships) is because history credits the Germans with being among the most advanced civilizations while the Soviet Union was relatively backwards at the time as are the other countries now.
The Nazis did not leap from civilized behavior into heinous behavior without a bridge between the two. Punishing the undesirables of pre-World War II- and- wartime Nazi Germany is what began the slide into the morass. Jews, mostly wealthy ones, were targeted for what they had as the regime sought to relieve them of their wealth, either before exiling them outside the country or into concentration camps where their labors benefitted the country.
As I mentioned about a day or two ago about the Nazis advancing euthanasia, they did it to spare German society of having to provide (wasted) care- much of it expensive- to ‘useless eaters,’ the euphemistic label they applied to the mentally deficient, the physically disabled, the deformed, the crippled, the lame, and the insane. They saw themselves providing a benefit to society by removing what they considered to be a drain on the steamrolling German economy.
Either yesterday or on Thursday, I mentioned the formation of the Reich Committee for Scientific Research of Hereditary and Severe Constitutional Diseases. This ‘committee’ decided that it would establish 21 sites in various hospitals around the country in which, medical professionals would provide lethal injections to the disabled children sentenced to die for the betterment of the Reich. (Herzstein, 139)
According to Robert Edwin Herzstein, author of the Time-Life Books “The Nazis,” a doctor at one of these facilities made the starving of children, deemed to be a drain on the nation, as a priority. It is what he did, and here is what Mr. Herzstein says regarding what a Dr. Pfannmüller said to a visitor who came across young children lying on hospital cots at one of these centers, awaiting whatever was in store for them:
“Those creatures represent for me, as a National Socialist, only a burden on our nation. We do not kill by poison injections because foreign newspapers and certain gentlemen from Switzerland—the Red Cross—would get new material for their propaganda. Our method is much simpler and more natural.
“Yanking one of the children from a cot and displaying the child aloft, declared, ‘This one will last another two or three days.’ Pfannmüller explained to his visitor that his technique was not to withhold food suddenly but rather to impose a gradual reduction of rations.” (Herzstein, 139)
Now, this Dr. Pfannmüller was but one German doctor among many but it should be clear that a majority of the German people supported these actions, incrementally, especially if out of sight and out of mind.
After all, if it was to better the country by relieving it of having to provide care to those who could or would never benefit it by being able to work in its industries, to serve in its military, or to help run the nation politically, then it was okay. Anyone critical of the program most likely underwent ‘reeducation’ or ‘disappeared.’
The Soviets, on the other hand, did not worry about these niceties. In their war on the middle class peasants- the so-called Kulaks- as well as other enemies of the Stalinist regime, they utilized simple measures. They bullied and badgered their victims into signing confessions, fingering another 10, 20, or 30 others who were then forced to do the same by their inquisitors, which led to tens of millions people dying in forced labor camps from overwork and starvation, in prisons, or receiving a bullet in the back of the neck.
What I am saying when I put all of this together is that history tends to repeat itself. We live in a nation wracked by quantities of ever-increasing debt that people living 50 years or more ago would never have conceived as being possible. Resources are dwindling, we are overrun with hordes of noncitizens, who for some reason unbeknownst to me, our politicians want to provide them care more so than they want to provide it to my kids or their kids.
If my party manages to force a single-payer system of health care on the people of this nation, it is akin to a pyramid scheme, one that will come crashing down at some point atop my grandchildren or their children. This is not good, this is not right, but in order to conserve resources and to better benefit those living amongst the privileged class, someone somewhere is going to have to pay and it is going to be the weakest members of our society.
The young people our national educational system has created through raising them with a skewed, irrational view on and of American history means that one day, they will be the ones caring for Lalo and me when we are in our eighties, nineties, and if lucky, beyond. Will they pull the plug on us because we are ‘useless eaters’ or will they show us human kindness and compassion? I guess we will learn soon enough.
Please, let Senators Brian Schatz and Mazie Hirono as well as Tulsi Gabbard and other members of the House know how we feel about government-run health care. If the VA does not work, Uncle Sam Health Care will not work either. Nip it in the bud.
Cheryl La Tigre
Cheryl La Tigre
CEC, ACF, Chefs de Cuisine Association of Honolulu, Hawaii
Up-and-coming Bakersfield, California, street artist, Simone, created this cartoonish caricature of me so we can keep our identities on the down low due to increasing threats, Web intrusions and threats, and so we do not lose our professional businesses because of our politics here at the AICP-END Blogs.
That said, I began my career in the early 1970’s when I apprenticed to cook under one of the masters on the Big Island where I was born. I moved to Oahu in the early 1980’s after having worked in both Kona and Hilo, HI, and have been there for most of my professional career.
Moreover, I have also worked on Maui for a few years (1995-1998) and have been on Kauai (2001-2003) before returning to Honolulu. My goal is to prepare the next generation of chefs for the future and to help the underprivileged in their struggle to attain careers in the foodservice industry.
Chef Cheryl La Tigre writes from Honolulu, HI.
Chef Cheryl La Tigre is a proud member of the Democratic Party.
Contact me at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHEF CHERYL LA TIGRE
END COMMENTARY 03-02-2019
COPYRIGHT © 2019 BY MHB PRODUCTIONS
WORD COUNT: 1,194
03-02-2019 Saturday—Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXXI: “The German people did not accept euthanasia at first but as propaganda told them it would conserve resources and redirect them to where they could better serve the people of the country, they gradually embraced what would become the Holocaust” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
HOW TO CONTACT THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY: Write us at PO Box 20669, Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669 or call us at (661) 374-1430 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. PST weekdays and weekends, well, take your chances. You can also email us by contacting the author of the week using his or her email address, which we provide beneath their personal information.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 03-01-2019, all rights reserved.
Herzstein, Robert Edwin. The Nazis. Alexandria, VA: Time-Life Books, 1980, print. Vol. 21 of World War II.
La Tigre, Cheryl. “The German people did not accept euthanasia at first but as propaganda told them it would conserve resources and redirect them to where they could better serve the people of the country, they gradually embraced what would become the Holocaust.” Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXXI
Edward “Eddie” Fitzgerald Carlton edited and rewrote the blog post today.
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
PLEASE JOIN US AT THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY’S FACEBOOK PAGE—THIS IS WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE ALBUM OF THE DAY, THE BEVERLY CARRICK PAINTING OF THE DAY, AND THE POLITICAL CARTOON OF THE DAY PLUS ALL SORTS OF COMMENTARY!
PLEASE VISIT THE GREAT FACEBOOK PAGE OF AMERICA’S TOP ARTIST, BEVERLY CARRICK, SO YOU CAN SHARE COMMENTS AND FEELINGS ABOUT THE LIFE OF THIS AMAZING ARTIST. THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER LIKE SHE, WE MOURN HER DEATH, WHICH OCCURRED IN NOVEMBER 2012. GOD REST AND BLESS HER SOUL!
PLEASE JOIN US AT THE AICP-END BLOG WHERE WE PROMOTE THE ARTWORKS OF AMERICA’S GREATEST ARTIST, BEVERLY CARRICK. WE ALSO PROMOTE MUSIC THERE THAT WE HAVE NOT PRESENTED AT THE MAIN BLOG SO PLEASE GO OVER THERE AND SEE WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU—YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID!
VISIT BEVERLY CARRICK.COM TO SEE WHAT PAINTINGS ARE AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO PURCHASE—YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID. THERE, YOU WILL FIND MANY GORGEOUS PAINTINGS, SOME OF WHICH MAY STILL BE THERE FOR YOU TO ADD TO YOUR GROWING COLLECTION OF ARTWORKS.
KEEP READING THE ELEMENTARY NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST OF CULINARY POLITICS!
READ THE ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST NEWS, POLITICAL COMMENTARY, SPORTS, FOOD SERVICE, HOTEL, AND RESTAURANT BUSINESS, THE END TIMES, THE END OF DAYS, THE APOCALYPSE, ARMAGEDDON, AND WHATEVER ELSE HAPPENS TO POP UP!
Cheryl La Tigre, Political Topics and Essays, Queen, Single-Payer Health Care, Medicare for All, Uncle Sam Health Care, Nazi Germany, Euthanasia, Soviet Union, Health Insurance- Private, Public Option,
TODAY IN HISTORY—MARCH 02, 2019:
Rutherford B. Hayes vs. Samuel J. Tilden; Soviet Leader Mikhail Gorbachev; AC/DC featuring Mark Evans, the Four Tops featuring Lawrence Peyton, and the Velvet Underground featuring Lou Reed:
- 871: At the Battle of Marton, Ethelred van Wessex beats the Danish invasion army in the British Isles.
- 1498: Vasco de Gama’s fleet visits the island of Mozambique.
- 1629: English King Charles I dissolves Parliament against opposition, imprisoning nine members.
- 1776: American troops begin shelling British troops in Boston, Massachusetts.
- 1793: The first president of the Republic of Texas, Sam Houston, was born near Lexington, Virginia.
- 1807: The U.S. Congress bans the slave trade, effective January 01, 1808.
- 1819: The United States passes its first immigration law.
- 1836: The Republic of Texas formally declared independence from Mexico.
- 1853: The Washington Territory organizes on this date.
- 1861: The state of Texas, having seceded from the Union, won admittance to the Confederacy. Meanwhile, the United States creates the Nevada and Dakota Territories out of the Utah and Nebraska Territories.
- 1867: The U.S. Congress creates the Department of Education. Congress also passes the Reconstruction Act. Finally, in Savannah, Missouri, the Jesse James Gang robs a bank leaving one person dead and numerous wounded.
- 1877: Republican Rutherford B. Hayes became the winner of the 1876 presidential election over Democrat Samuel J. Tilden, even though Tilden had won the popular vote.
- 1897: President Grover Cleveland vetoed legislation that would have required a literacy test for immigrants entering the country, which is good.
- 1899: President William McKinley signs a bill authorizing the U.S. fifth national park, Mt. Rainer National Park. In addition to this, the Republican president also signed a measure that authorized the rank of admiral in the U.S. Navy and in so doing, made the hero of the Battle of Manila Bay George Dewey the nation’s first admiral.
- 1901: The Congress of the United States passed the Platt Amendment, which limited Cuban autonomy as a condition for withdrawal of U.S. troops.
- 1903: The Martha Washington Hotel opened in New York City. The hotel had 416 rooms and was the first hotel exclusively for women.
- 1917: Signing the Jones-Sharath Act, President Woodrow Wilson granted Puerto Ricans both territorial statuses as well as U.S. citizenship. Meanwhile, the Russian Revolution got underway as Czar Nicholas II abdicated his throne.
- 1919: Following their repatriation home to Germany, undefeated General Paul von Lettow Vorbeck and his troops march through the streets of Berlin to a hero’s welcome. The German colonial army and its native troops fought off more than 100,000 British and Commonwealth troops as well as Belgian, Portuguese, and other African troops for four years during World War I in German East Africa (Tanganyika). The army never lost a major battle nor did it ever surrender until word arrived announcing the Armistice in November 1918.
- 1925: State and federal highway officials developed a nationwide route-numbering system and adopted the familiar U.S. shield-shaped, numbered marker.
- 1927: At $70,000 per year, Babe Ruth becomes the nation’s highest paid baseball player.
- 1929: The U.S. Congress created the U.S. Court of Customs and Patent Appeals on this date.
- 1933: The motion picture, “King Kong,” had its world premiere at New York City’s Radio City Music Hall and the Roxy.
- 1938: Show trials begin to take place in the Soviet Union as Soviet dictator Josef Stalin seeks to purge his enemies. Elsewhere, future member of the Four Tops- Lawrence Peyton (vocals 1953-1997)- is born in Detroit, Michigan, on this date.
- 1939: Roman Catholic Cardinal Eugenio Pacelli was elected pope on his 63rd birthday and elected to take the name Pius XII. Meanwhile, the Massachusetts legislature voted to ratify the Bill of Rights, 147 years after the first 10 Amendments to the U.S. Constitution had gone into effect. Moreover, Georgia and Connecticut soon followed the example of their fellow New England states. Finally, John Ford’s classic western, “Stagecoach,” starring Claire Trevor and John Wayne opened in New York.
- 1941: Future leader of the Soviet Union—Mikhail Gorbachev—is born in Russia on this date.
- 1942: The original Stage Door Canteen, a wartime club for U.S. service members and women, officially opened its doors in New York’s Broadway theater district.
- 1943: During World War II, the three-day Battle of the Bismarck Sea began in the southwestern Pacific. S. and Australian warplanes inflicted heavy damage upon an Imperial Japanese convoy.
- 1944: “Casablanca” won best picture, best director, and best screenplay at the Academy Award ceremony in Los Angeles, California. Meanwhile, Lou Reed, future guitarist and vocalist with the Velvet Underground and as a solo artist was born.
- 1945: King Michael of Romania accepts the demand of the communists to step down from his position and abdicate his throne.
- 1946: Enthusiastic communists elect Ho Chi Minh president of North Vietnam.
- 1951: Taking place at Boston Garden, the East beat the West, 111-94, in the first NBA All-Star Game.
- 1956: Morocco tears up the Treaty of Fez, declares its independence from France. Elsewhere, future member of the Australian rock band, AC/DC–Mark Evans (bass 1975-77)—is born on this date.
- 1962: Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points for the Philadelphia Warriors in a game against the New York Knicks, an NBA record that still stands today. The Warriors won by a score of 169-147.
- 1969: A border clash between Communist China and the USSR leave at least 70 dead. Meanwhile, in Toulouse, France, the supersonic transport Concorde made its first test flight.
- 1972: The United States launched its Pioneer Space Probe, which flew past Jupiter in late 1973, sending back images and scientific data.
- 1974: The Watergate Grand Jury concludes the President Richard M. Nixon knew about the break-in at the Watergate Hotel, if not ordered it outright.
- 1984: During the Iran-Iraq War, a massive Iranian offensive against the struggling Iraqis grinds to a stop.
- 1987: The U.S. government reported that the median price for a new home had gone over $100,000 for the first time in history.
- 1989: Representatives from the 12 European Community Nations agreed to ban all production of CFCs (Chlorofluorocarbons) by the end of the 20th
- 2002: Following the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, the U.S. begins the invasion of Afghanistan on this date.
- 2004: Senator John F. Kerry, a man who fought in Vietnam, laid claim to the Democratic presidential nomination after his victories in Super Tuesday contests. Meanwhile, Marge Schott, the controversial former owner of the Cincinnati Reds Major League Baseball club, died at age 75. Finally, Academy Awards-winning actress Mercedes McCambridge died in La Jolla, California, at age 87. NASA announced that the Mars rover Opportunity had discovered evidence that water had existed on the Red Planet in the past.
- 2011: In his book, “Jesus of Nazareth, Pt. II,” Pope Benedict XVI ‘exonerates the Jewish people for the death of Jesus Christ.
- 2012: The United States space agency NASA reveals it had its security compromised by hackers 13 times in the past year.
- 2013: New findings from the University of Leicester indicate decreasing sitting time by 90 each day can result in major heath advantages, such as reducing the risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
- 2014: Ellen DeGeneres hosted the 86th Academy Awards. “Gravity,” “12 Years a Slave,” and “Dallas Buyers Club” win the most awards. The broadcast received the highest views of any Oscar’s ceremony since the year 2000. Meanwhile, President Vladimir Putin receives unanimous approval from Russia’s parliament to send troops to the Ukraine to ‘protect ethnic Russians from Ukrainian fascists.’
- 2015: According to Brainy History, snowstorms continue to hit Boston, Massachusetts, bringing the city’s snowfall this season to 102 inches to date; the city’s highest snowfall occurred in the winter of 1995 with 107.6 inches.
As always, we thank the good folks at Brainy History for doing the challenging work of compiling historical happenings, dates, and everything else by which at the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day publish a blog that draws readers from all over the world! Thank you and God bless you for doing this challenging important work!
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, The Soviet Union, Mikhail Gorbachev, Lou Reed, The Velvet Underground, AC/DC, Mark Evans, Ellen DeGeneres, Rutherford B. Hayes, Samuel J. Tilden, The Compromise of 1877, Just the Facts, the Four Tops, Lawrence Peyton, Just the Facts, C. La Tigre, Political Topics and Essays, Queen, Single-Payer Health Care, Medicare for All, Uncle Sam Health Care, Nazi Germany, Euthanasia, Soviet Union, Health Insurance- Private, Public Option, Robert Edwin Herzstein, “The Nazis” by Time-Life Books, Kaiser Permanente, “Useless Eaters”, Nazism, Fascism,
Please join us at the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day, the place where we cover the topics of the day as well as professional food service, Beverly Carrick original artworks, and discussions on music, pop culture, and anything else that comes up over the course of a day!
As always, we thank the good folks at Brainy History for doing the demanding work of compiling historical happenings, dates, and everything else by which at the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day publish a blog that draws readers from all over the world! Thank you and God bless you for doing this particularly important work!
CHEF CHERYL LA TIGRE’S BLOGPOSTS 2011-2019:
- 12-19-2011 M: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part X: Chicken Nishime—an All-Time Hawaiian Favorite made with Konnyaku” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-20-2011 T: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XI: Barbequed Spareribs, Chinese-style with Chinese Rib and Plum Dipping Sauces—Hawaii-Delicious” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-21-2011 W: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XII: Pork Adobo—originally from the Philippines, it’s even better on Oahu” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-22-2011 Th: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XIII: Egg Foo Yung made with Kamaboko—Oriental Omelets are popular in Hawaii” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-23-2011 F: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XIV: Deep-Fried Jumbo Prawns in Panko Breading with Mango-Pineapple Salsa—Latin-Fused Hawaiian Cuisine is simply Amazing” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-24-2011 S: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XV: Baked Opakapaka with Pineapple Hollandaise—Hawaiian and French Cuisines intermingled to create a Taste of Heaven” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-25-2011 Su (Christmas): “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XVI: Pork, Chicken, and Shrimp Hekka—a Traditional Dish That’s Perfect for a Hawaiian Holiday” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 05-28-2012 M: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XVII: Baked Fresh Yelloweye Rockfish with Asian Black Bean Sauce—a Delicious Combination that is Ono-Licious” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 05-29-2012 T: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XVIII: Broiled Fresh Hawaiian Tuna with Cabernet Demi-Glace Sauce and Flash-Fried Maui Onions—the Best of the Mid-Pacific Deep-Sea Fishing Fleets” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 05-30-2012 W: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XIX: Grilled Fresh Onaga with Bay Shrimp and Caramelized Almonds—flaky Fish with Succulent-Sweet Almonds” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 05-31-2012 Th: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XX: Fresh Grilled Hawaiian Swordfish with Orange-Tarragon Relish—one of my All-Time Favorite Dishes” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 06-01-2012 F: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXI: Broiled Mahi-Mahi Teriyaki-style with Grilled Pineapple and Sauteed Langoustines—one of the Best Dishes Hawaii has to Offer” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 06-02-2012 S: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXII: Baked Opakapaka with Pineapple Hollandaise—a Bit Touristy but not the way Chef La Tigre does it!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 06-03-2012 Su: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXIII: Classic Maui Duck—it’s NOT Seafood but it’s the Crème de la Crème of what Hawaii has to offer!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-03-2012 M: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXIV: Chef La Tigre picks up where she left off back in June with a Fabulous Hawaiian Noodle Dish—Pork Chow Fun!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-04-2012 T: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXV: Chef Cheryl has a Treat in Store for all of us Today: Chinese-style BBQ Pork Back Spareribs—marinated and Flame-Broiled to Perfection!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-05-2012 W: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXVI: Today, Chef Cheryl does a Rare Portuguese-Hawaiian Recipe, the Famed Pork-and-Clams, an absolutely Delectable Dish!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-06-2012 Th: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXVII: Chef “Tiger” prepares Lesser-Known Filipino Cuisine Today by serving up an Institutional-Sized Chicken Thighs Adobo!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-07-2012 F: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXVIII: Featured Today is another exciting Hawaiian Recipe—Walnut Chicken! Not only is it Ono-Licious, it’s Flavorful, Crunchy, and quite Beautiful, too!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-08-2012 S: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXIX: Pork and Tofu is on Today’s Menu and everyone is guaranteed to love it, even those who hate Tofu and those who don’t eat Pork!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-09-2012 Su: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXX: Chef Cheryl saved the Best for Last: Hawaiian Apricot Pork—tantalizingly Succulent, amazingly Tender, and a Breeze to Make!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-12-2013 M: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CI: for the First Time, Chef Cheryl gets a Crack at the Quick Breads/Muffins Recipes Category and begins her Week by doing a Recipe for Golden Raisin Scones—what a Treat!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-13-2013 T: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CII: Chef Cheryl presents another Scone Recipe, this one a Delicious Mission Fig Scone—too Exotic for the Islands but just right for the Mainland!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-14-2013 W: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CIII: Today, Chef Cheryl switches Gears to the Muffin Department and presents something one does NOT normally associate with the Islands: Persimmon Muffins!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-15-2013 Th: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CIV: Chef Cheryl talks about Medicinal Pot and then presents her ‘Da Kine’ Recipe for Pear-Currant Muffins—outasite!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-16-2013 F: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CV: The 105th Installment of the AICP-END is a Great One as it features a Great Papaya Muffin Recipe plus a lot of Talk about trolling the Dives of Bakersfield, California!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-17-2013 S: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CVI: Our Hawaiian Chef presents another Tropical Fruit Bakery Item: Mango Quick Bread—as Ono as it gets!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-18-2013 Su: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CVII: Who would ever have expected this from Chef Cheryl? Quick Peanut-Butter Bread, totally unique and a pleasure to eat!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-21-2014 M: “Political Topics and Essays, Part Ninety-Nine: Chef Cheryl makes it known that this Week, she is going to Defend both the Obama Administration and the Democrat Party and that the GOP needs to help the Dems in fixing Obamacare, not repealing and replacing it!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-22-2014 T: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred: Chef Cheryl begins the Breakdown of U.S. Senate Races on Both Sides of the Aisle—who is going, who to keep, it’s Informative so come on along and Join us today!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-23-2014 W: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-One: Cheryl veers off into the Cliven Bundy Drama in Nevada, HOW Senator Harry Reid seems to have forgotten that Mormons do no WRONG to One Another, and that maybe the Time has come for the Aged Senator to Retire from Office; then, more Democrat Senators at Risk!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-24-2014 Th: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-Two: Today’s Topic is MORE Democrat Senators at Risk of being voted out of Office, WHO we can save, WHO need our Help and need it as Soon as Possible and One WHO needs to stay Home and keep Quiet—Kathleen Sebelius—do NOT run for a Senate Seat!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-25-2014 F: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-Three: The Discussion continues about Vulnerable Senate Democrats, what they need to do to Stay Afloat in Tough Times, and then Ends with a Discussion of the Paniolo, the Hawaiian Cowboy—who’d a thought?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-26-2014 S: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-Four: We conclude our Discussion of Democrat Senators at Risk, but also discuss Possible Challenges to Hillary by Senators Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren and how it might help our Side come 2016!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-27-2014 Su: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-Five: Cheryl wraps up the Week by exhorting the Democrat Party to stand Strong in the Face of oncoming Electoral Disaster, supports more Democrats like West Virginia’s Joe Manchin, and finishes with the Keystone XL Pipeline from Canada to the U.S.” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-20-2015 M: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXXXVIII: Cheryl’s First Day commences with some Local Talk on Hawaiian Liberalism, on Hillary entering the Race, and who might have to take Her Place should the Republicans destroy her” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-21-2015 T: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXXXIX: Cheryl discusses the Hawaii Marriage Equality Act of 2013, one that protects Religious Rights as well as the Rights of the LGBT Community in the Islands—it works REALLY well, people!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-22-2015 W: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXL: Cheryl returns to discussing the Presidential Race of 2016 by saying there are Reverse Similarities to what we saw in 2008—Hillary is the Old Lion while some in the GOP such as Marco Rubio is the YOUNG Tiger” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-23-2015 Th: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXLI: Cheryl discusses the Lifestyle, the Crime Rates, Places in which, one should not live or should pass through quickly today on Aloha Hump Day Thursday” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-24-2015 F: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXLII: Cheryl discusses the Trials, Tribulations, and Successes of Hawaii as it embraces the 21st Century while lamenting the ongoing Destruction of California by those elected to protect its Citizens, Farms, Industries, and Businesses” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-25-2015 S: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXLIII: Cheryl discusses the Relative Safety of living in the Middle of the Pacific Ocean although currently of Global Instability, Nuclear Arms, and Terrorism, nothing is a given” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-26-2015 Su: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXLIV: Cheryl closes the Week by discussing Music the Blog promotes as well as Music Hawaiians love such as “IZ”, how we miss him, and then the Hippie Invasion of 1969” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 02-08-2016 M: “Thankfully, Super Bowl 50 is in the Books, not only did it not live up to the Hype, it was Boring, and the Half Time Show needs to go—but I do expect to see Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers back NEXT Year” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Miscellaneous Articles Index, Part XXVIII
- 02-09-2016 T: “WHY would Hillary employ Bill, Madeleine Albright, and Gloria Steinem—Three Old and Jaded Characters from our Party’s Past—to go out and attack Bernie Sanders by insulting Women and telling them they have a Special Place in Hell?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLX
- 02-10-2016 W: “The Results of New Hampshire are in and we have Bernie at the Top and on the other Side, Democrat in Elephant Clothing Donald Trump and Squishy John Kasich (a Lolo who will work with US)—we are looking VERY Good” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXI
- 02-11-2016 Th: “Whatever you say, Bernie Sanders is the ONLY Candidate who can lead our Nation Forward, Protect the Accomplishments of President Obama, and rally People of all Types around his Standard—let’s help him!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXII
- 02-12-2016 F: “The Sixth Democrat Debate of the 2016 Election Cycle was a bit more subdued than Previous Ones and BOTH Candidates worked hard to get their Points across without Explosive Interactions—GREAT Debate! Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXIII
- 02-13-2016 S: “Cherry expects some REAL MMA-Style Brawling tonight on the GOP Debate Stage and hopes that One-by-One they knock One Another out of the running and open the Doors WIDE for Bernie Sanders” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXIV
- 02-14-2016 Su: “We must demand of our Elected Leaders at ALL Levels to make sure that we DEFEND President Obama’s RIGHT to put another Nominee on the Supreme Court before leaving Office—we must replace Justice Scalia with a LIBERAL” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXV
- 08-08-2016 M: “I am not as Ideological as are many of my Fellow Hawaiian Democrats because correcting the Balance of Trade, promoting National Defense, and putting unemployed Americans back to Work are more important than voting for someone solely with a ‘D’ by his or her Name” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXIX
- 08-09-2016 T: “I once hoped for either a Bernie Sanders OR Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren Ticket but now, Donald Trump is the only one for whom I will vote in November—here is WHY” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXX
- 08-10-2016 W: “The World is Full of Many Threats and having someone as President who repeatedly has placed our Nation at Risk in the White House is NOT someone for whom I or anyone else should vote—I am voting for Donald Trump!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXI
- 08-11-2016 Th: “I base MY Vote in the 2016 Election on TWO Things—who is going to fix the Economy and who is going to Win the War against the Islamic Jihadists—Donald Trump and NOT Hillary!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXII
- 08-12-2016 F: “As a Mormon, I am surprised at how the Leadership of MY Church can view Donald Trump as a ‘Problem’ more so than seeing that Hillary Clinton is TRULY Dangerous and would do the Work of the Devil should she win the White House” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXIII
- 08-13-2016 S: “Any Democrat who says we must hand over our Guns is a Crazy Democrat and NOT Someone for whom I can vote; however, Donald Trump will be the NUMBER ONE Defender of both the Constitution and the Bill of Rights” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXIV
- 08-14-2016 Su: “The Olympics should prove to EVERYONE that ONLY here in America can People of all Races, Ethnicities, Religions, and Economic Backgrounds can achieve the unachievable and to beat the World—GO Team!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXV
- 03-06-2017 M: “Let me tell you why, I, a lifelong Democrat, voted for Donald Trump on November 8 and will also share five major points the Dems must do if we are to remain a national party and not a limited one” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXIV
- 03-07-2017 T: “Message to Google Blogger—if you do not like our two blogs, shut them down; otherwise, get the hell out of the way and allow us to soar to new and greater heights” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXV
- 03-08-2017 W: “A further plea to Google Blogger to stop with the discrimination, it is not up to you or to any other Web host to prevent blogs that pay for services to go unseen because you do not like them!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXVI
- 03-09-2017 Th: “After appealing to Google Blogger to either get out of the way or to shut us down, Cherry discusses why we need to repeal and replace Obamacare—from a Democrat’s Viewpoint” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXVII
- 03-10-2017 F: “Instead of freeing us from the onerous Obamacare mess, we now will have to contend with Trump Care—President Trump, keep your word and let things go back to the way they were in the 1980s and before” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXVIII
- 03-11-2017 S: “The Russians did NOT do it, the CIA did it by using its Umbrage program to snoop on us through our smart devices, which means that Obama did tap Trump Tower—yikes!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXIX
- 03-12-2017 Su: “Hawaii will fight the Trump ‘Travel Ban,’ which makes no sense to me—WHY do we have to continue allowing Muslims to enter the Country willy-nilly?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXX
- 08-28-2017 M: “Lalo and I love coming to California as it allows us to hit the casinos as well as sit near ringside to see local girl Raquel Pa’aluhi take on Yana Kunitskaya at the Tachi Hotel Palace and Casino” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Miscellaneous Articles Index, Part L
- 08-29-2017 T: “Donald Trump is not a Republican, which is WHY as a Democrat, I voted for him over Hillary Rodham Clinton, a known crook and liar” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCLXXXVIII
- 08-30-2017 W: “If we do not expunge the sports records of O. J. Simpson, Pete Rose, and Aaron Hernandez, then so should we not those who fought for the Confederacy in the Civil War” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCLXXXIX
- 08-31-2017 Th: “Why the LGBTQ community only pursues devout Christian bakers is beyond me and here in Bakersfield, they have a new target: Tastries Bakery” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCXC
- 09-01-2017 F: “Unlike other race-based, ethnic, religious, or all three minorities, most people view homosexuality as a lifestyle choice and not as something God instills in you while in the womb” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCXCI
- 09-02-2017 S: “Coming to California ALWAYS makes me feel better about my home state because government here is crazy—using the incorrect pronoun can soon land one in prison if they misaddress a transgender person” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCXCII
- 09-03-2017 Su: “Mexico City seeks a bill banning President Trump from coming to their city and maybe their country, too; can we pass a bill banning ALL Mexicans from coming here—unless we send for them?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCXCIII
- 03-05-2018 M: “Although we did not vote on it, Hawaii seems to be becoming a sanctuary state, which is not what most citizens want—send more ICE agents, Mr. Trump!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXX
- 03-06-2018 T: “Way behind the times, I know, Lalo and I watched Dinesh D’ Souza’s recent film, ‘2016: Hillary’s America,’ and I must say—it left a mark” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXI
- 03-07-2018 W: “Although months away, Hawaii is gearing up for its primary elections and it is interesting to note that Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard has some challengers—from her left” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXII
- 03-08-2018 Th: “Reading “Dear Leader” by Michael Malice has given me new perspective when it comes to viewing North Korea and is a book everyone should read if you would care for the same understanding” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXIII
- 03-09-2018 F: “Bush #43 made the world a far worse place, especially when he made the horrendous decision to invade Iraq on a mere pretext of them possessing WMDs; let’s try something different with NOKO like…dialogue” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXIV
- 03-10-2018 S: “California now a slave, uh, I mean, sanctuary state, I expected to see Governor Jerry Brown and AG Xavier Becerra break out the Stars and Bars while dancing to the tune of Dixie” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXV
- 03-11-2018 Su: “Will it take a violent crime befalling one of their own family members before California Democrats awaken to the danger of unchecked illegal immigration?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXVI
- 08-27-2018 M: “The recent results of the Hawaiian Mid-Term Primary Elections demonstrate it is going to be another solid year for Democrats- at least here” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLIV
- 08-28-2018 T: “Not every liberal Democrat POC believes in sanctuary cities, states, and illegal alien criminals living among us- build the wall, virtual if need be” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLV
- 08-29-2018 W: “With the death of John McCain, our elected leaders can momentarily set aside politics before returning to the slash-and-burn strategy that offends so many of us” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLVI
- 08-30-2018 Th: “Mr. President, treaties be damned, build the Space Force and build it now lest our enemies get the jump on us and blackmail us through intimidation” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLVII
- 08-31-2018 F: “If Gavin Newsom becomes the governor of California in November, say ‘farewell’ to the state as it will mean FREE HEALTH CARE for all illegal aliens” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLVIII
- 09-01-2018 S: “Modern liberalism differs from classic liberalism as the difference between day and night and if the Democratic Party is to survive, we need to reclaim it following the massive election losses this November” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLIX
- 09-02-2018 Su: “A better economy, lower taxes, and a newfound hope for the country once again is reason enough to vote for the Republicans in November and not for the Democratic-Socialists” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDL
- 02-25-2019 M: “Although the Green New Deal is exciting, bold, and new, implementing it here in Hawaii within ten years would cripple our state” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXVI
- 02-26-2019 T: “To save the country and the planet, the American people must first regain control of the educational system because teaching kids their planet is going to end in ten-twelve years is beyond the pale” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXVII
- 02-27-2019 W: “What is it about the word, FREE? Somebody has to pay the price tag so me, as a Democrat, am somewhat leery of all Democrats seeking the 2020 nomination who want to give away the farm- watch out!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXVIII
- 02-28-2019 Th: “Instead of abortion being- in Bill Clinton’s words- ‘safe, legal, and rare,’ it now seems to be the number one method of ‘birth control,’ especially among Democrats, something I simply cannot support” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXIX
- 03-01-2019 F: “The TV drama, ‘The Passage,’ demonstrates just how far governments are willing to go in the joint names of medical science and of conserving resources, which is why we must fight against infanticide NOW” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXX
- 03-02-2019 S: “The German people did not accept euthanasia at first but as propaganda told them it would conserve resources and redirect them to where they could better serve the people of the country, they gradually embraced what would become the Holocaust” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXXI
- 03-03-2019 Su: “Until now, NO American president, sitting or former, has ever faced going to prison so let us hope that Mr. Trump submits his resignation in exchange for his freedom before he hits the point of no return” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXXII
CHEF CHERYL LA TIGRE’S BLOG POSTS AT THE AICP-END 2015-2019:
- 04-22-2015 W: “Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part Thirty-Four: Cheryl becomes the First Author other than Stinkbug to discuss the Majesty of Beverly Carrick, one of the World’s All-Time Great Artists and one YOU should know” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part XLIII
- 02-10-2016 W: “Chef Cheryl returns for her Second Installment at the Blog where we celebrate the Life, Times, Political Views, and other Life Observations of Beverly Carrick—the Greatest American Artist” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part LXXXIV
- 08-10-2016 W: “Hawaii and the Art of Beverly Carrick are Synonymous with One Another just as are the Spectacular Vacation Packages awaiting you here in the Islands—why not come and join us and go on a Culinary Excursion while enjoying some Beautiful Paintings?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CIX
- 03-08-2017 W: “If you are fortunate enough to be able to see the blog today without interference from Google, then please enjoy the lovely oil paintings we have for you by the stellar Beverly Carrick—amazing!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CXXXIX
- 08-30-2017 W: “Although Beverly has a large body of work, her paintings are going to be worth millions one day and what is more, we discuss the ‘boner pill,’ Noxitril and why I cannot stand its advertisements” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CLXIV
- 03-07-2018 W: “Beverly Carrick and her library of artworks are perhaps the best-kept secret held by the United States and no, I am not talking about the atomic bomb or the stealth-jet fighter-bomber” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CXCI
- 08-29-2018 W: “Like California, politicians grow wealthier by the day the longer high-speed rail scams continue such as our Honolulu Rail Transit” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CCXVI
- 02-27-2019 W: “Dictatorships take control of education and health care as in doing so, they control both the family from cradle to grave and its young through indoctrinating and instilling them with the party line” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CCXLII
SATURDAY, MARCH 02, 2019
EDITORIAL STAFF AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
President: Alvin T. Woliztnikistein
Executive Vice President: Stinkbug
Publisher: Roland Carl Davis
Assistant Publisher: Moses Scharbug III
Editor-in-Chief: Edward Fitzgerald Carlton
Assistant and Photographic Editor: Chef Alana Houzenfogel
Mail Room: Jane Lee Tarzana (direct all mail here).
Proofreader: Amos Mosby Caruthers
Amazon.com Liaison: Eleanor Grabski.
Board of Directors: Garfield H. Johnson (Retired), Alvin T. Woliztnikistein, B. H. “BC” Cznystekinki, Elmer K. “the Hooter” Hootenstein, Gervais Krinkelmeier, Goldie “Goldfish” McNamara, James “Jimmy” Hall, James, “JT” Tobiason, Kilgore Randalini, Lilah Paulikovich, Murph MacDougal, and Olaf Bologolo,
WE SUPPORT THE NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION