Chef Cheryl La Tigre
The AICP-END Blog
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
JUST THE FACTS
THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY COMMENTARY-OPINION-SPORTS-FOOD SERVICE FOR WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2019 BY CHEF CHERYL LA TIGRE
“Just the Facts: what is it about the word, FREE? Somebody has to pay the price tag so me, as a Democrat, am somewhat leery of all Democrats seeking the 2020 nomination who want to give away the farm- watch out!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre
WINTER SESSION 2019
BLOG POST #3,041 AT THE AICP-END
616 DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2020
The Russian people thought the Revolution would make their lives better; boy, were they surprised when Stalin succeeded Lenin
Honolulu, HI, 02-27-2019 Wednesday: The buzzword for every Democrat seeking the nomination for the presidency is the same: FREE, FREE, and even more FREE- what’s up with that? We live in a time- when, like it or not- the economy is booming and there is only one person to thank for it. Dare I say it, President Donald Trump? Look, I am as appalled of the man’s behavior as most other thinking, sentient people are; however, there is no denying that he is doing marvelous things with the economy, jobs are abundant, wages and benefits are climbing, and people are becoming happier with life.
While the “Medicare for ALL” chant sounds nice, I find myself forced to say, “was not Obamacare the end-all, be-all? Was not Obamacare where we wanted to be? Yes, a public option would have been nice- for those unable or incapable of finding health insurance any other way- but to provide FREE health care to everyone (including illegal aliens), well, as a businessowner, let me say this: taxes are high enough already and my hubby and I will always vote our pocketbooks.
The only way to provide FREE this and FREE that is to have someone with deep pockets forking out the necessary cash so that government can redistribute it to those it deems who need it, which is everyone on the bottom end of the spectrum, the lower fifty-percent that pays little to no taxes.
However, people with money eventually will move that money to more favorable environs where returns are high, taxes low, and greedy, covetous liberals are not seeking to take it away from them (while blaming them for every ill in the world), which then leaves the upper-middle and middle classes holding the bag. Lalo and I have no intention whatsoever of being left, ‘holding the bag’ nor will we force it on our kids and their kids. Nope, no way.
Where my fellow Democrats are getting these crazy ideas from is beyond us. I can tell you that if you read the book every chef-blogger here at the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day has read in order to understand how and whom to nominate for the Second Annual Lavrentiy Beria Award (coming in December and January 2020), one finds some shocking revelations.
“Stalin and His Hangmen: The Tyrant and Those Who Killed for Him” by Donald Rayfield is an eye-opener of a book. For one thing, as the Stalinists cemented power, they allowed abortion and divorce on demand for women while looking the other way on homosexuality and immorality.
Once Josef Stalin attained the level of power that made him unstoppable and had almost everyone who enabled him to achieve it tried, imprisoned, and/or shot, all of these things went sailing out the window. Laws were passed to punish pederasts, women could no longer demand a divorce and receive one and abortion, well, the Soviet Union required willing participants and what better servants than orphans and the youngest of the young who were not yet indoctrinated.
Reading the book gave me an epiphany. For one thing, NOTHING is FREE, everything comes at a cost. When dictators work on consolidating power, they are a bit more open and amenable to many things. However, when power is complete and resides in the hands of one supreme HUMAN being, then nothing is available to the people that once was.
Even Lenin- when he was alive and in control- recognized that the public mood was sour on the Revolution because they were being asked to give, give, and still give some more and there was little to nothing in return other than hardship, repression, and misery.
Lenin, to prevent being overthrown by the masses, backed away from some of the harsher economic goals and allowed greater amounts of consumer goods to be available to the general public. People were happy, there was abundance in the stores more than ever and people were able to buy most ever what they wanted.
However, Stalin, Lenin’s Number Two saw this as weakness but did not challenge his ‘boss.’ Unfortunately for the Russian people, when Lenin suffered a debilitating stroke and was unable to speak or write, Stalin became his fill in and yanked away all of the liberalism the Soviet savior had given the people.
It took Stalin a good decade or so to consolidate power and the people that enabled him in accomplishing this vile and bloody task, one by one, found themselves on the other end of the stick.
They went from being favored and the ones doing the persecution of the Revolution’s ‘enemies’ to ones receiving punishment as they were labeled ‘foreign spies and saboteurs,’ ‘counter-revolutionaries,’ and until Leon Trotsky was assassinated in Mexico, ‘Trotskyists,’ the worst thing anyone in the USSR could be called.
Leaping to another point, as you know (or should know), I am a liberal Democrat but my family and I also are members of the Church of Latter Day Saints here in Hawaii. While I have held my nose at those who seek abortions, I now can no longer do so and would like to point out that if we end up with some leftist dictator one day like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, someone at the low end of the IQ spectrum, we may find ourselves in a Stalinist-like country.
While I do not believe AOC is a bad person, lack of life experience and a belief in herself that goes way beyond what is normal could lead her down a dark and bad path. To the women who demand abortion at all stages- including when the newborn lies kicking and screaming on the delivery table- those rights along with LGBTQ ones and feminism and everything else will fly out the window. It is the inevitable way of things.
Perhaps, we Democrats should and could reconsider who we are electing and why they no longer look like Democrats of old. If we screw up in picking the RIGHT person to lead the country, we might find ourselves living in an alternative universe, one from which, we will want to flee but will be unable to do so.
Please, join me over at the secondary blog and I will see you all back here tomorrow. Thanks and aloha. Love you all. God bless the country and God bless all of you and the souls of the aborted- they surely need it.
Cheryl La Tigre
Cheryl La Tigre
CEC, ACF, Chefs de Cuisine Association of Honolulu, Hawaii
Up-and-coming Bakersfield, California, street artist, Simone, created this cartoonish caricature of me so we can keep our identities on the down low due to increasing threats, Web intrusions and threats, and so we do not lose our professional businesses because of our politics here at the AICP-END Blogs.
That said, I began my career in the early 1970’s when I apprenticed to cook under one of the masters on the Big Island where I was born. I moved to Oahu in the early 1980’s after having worked in both Kona and Hilo, HI, and have been there for most of my professional career.
Moreover, I have also worked on Maui for a few years (1995-1998) and have been on Kauai (2001-2003) before returning to Honolulu. My goal is to prepare the next generation of chefs for the future and to help the underprivileged in their struggle to attain careers in the foodservice industry.
Chef Cheryl La Tigre writes from Honolulu, HI.
Chef Cheryl La Tigre is a proud member of the Democratic Party.
Contact me at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHEF CHERYL LA TIGRE
END COMMENTARY 02-27-2019
COPYRIGHT © 2019 BY MHB PRODUCTIONS
WORD COUNT: 1,091
02-27-2019 Wednesday—Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXVIII: “What is it about the word, FREE? Somebody has to pay the price tag so me, as a Democrat, am somewhat leery of all Democrats seeking the 2020 nomination who want to give away the farm- watch out!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
HOW TO CONTACT THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY: Write us at PO Box 20669, Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669 or call us at (661) 374-1430 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. PST weekdays and weekends, well, take your chances. You can also email us by contacting the author of the week using his or her email address, which we provide beneath their personal information.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 02-26-2019, all rights reserved.
La Tigre, Cheryl. “What is it about the word, FREE? Somebody has to pay the price tag so me, as a Democrat, am somewhat leery of all Democrats seeking the 2020 nomination who want to give away the farm- watch out!” Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXVIII
Rayfield, Donald. “Stalin and His Hangmen: The Tyrant and Those Who Killed for Him.” Random House Trade Paperbacks, 2005.
Edward “Eddie” Fitzgerald Carlton edited and rewrote the blog post today.
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
PLEASE JOIN US AT THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY’S FACEBOOK PAGE—THIS IS WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE ALBUM OF THE DAY, THE BEVERLY CARRICK PAINTING OF THE DAY, AND THE POLITICAL CARTOON OF THE DAY PLUS ALL SORTS OF COMMENTARY!
PLEASE VISIT THE GREAT FACEBOOK PAGE OF AMERICA’S TOP ARTIST, BEVERLY CARRICK, SO YOU CAN SHARE COMMENTS AND FEELINGS ABOUT THE LIFE OF THIS AMAZING ARTIST. THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER LIKE SHE, WE MOURN HER DEATH, WHICH OCCURRED IN NOVEMBER 2012. GOD REST AND BLESS HER SOUL!
PLEASE JOIN US AT THE AICP-END BLOG WHERE WE PROMOTE THE ARTWORKS OF AMERICA’S GREATEST ARTIST, BEVERLY CARRICK. WE ALSO PROMOTE MUSIC THERE THAT WE HAVE NOT PRESENTED AT THE MAIN BLOG SO PLEASE GO OVER THERE AND SEE WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU—YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID!
VISIT BEVERLY CARRICK.COM TO SEE WHAT PAINTINGS ARE AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO PURCHASE—YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID. THERE, YOU WILL FIND MANY GORGEOUS PAINTINGS, SOME OF WHICH MAY STILL BE THERE FOR YOU TO ADD TO YOUR GROWING COLLECTION OF ARTWORKS.
KEEP READING THE ELEMENTARY NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST OF CULINARY POLITICS!
READ THE ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST NEWS, POLITICAL COMMENTARY, SPORTS, FOOD SERVICE, HOTEL, AND RESTAURANT BUSINESS, THE END TIMES, THE END OF DAYS, THE APOCALYPSE, ARMAGEDDON, AND WHATEVER ELSE HAPPENS TO POP UP!
Cheryl La Tigre, Political Topics and Essays, Queen, Donald Trump, U.S. Economy, Liberalism, Stalinism, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Abortion on Demand, Josef Stalin, Lenin, Bolshevik Revolution, Communism,
TODAY IN HISTORY—FEBRUARY 27, 2019:
Journey featuring Neil Schon, Lynyrd Skynyrd featuring Johnny Van Zant, “Arnold Layne” by Pink Floyd, and the Rolling Stones featuring Keith Richards:
- 1520: The principalities of Saxony and Hesse form the League of Gotha, which is the league of German protestant princes.
- 1670: By order of King Leopold I of Austria, the authorities expel all Jews from the country.
- 1801: The U.S. Congress placed the District of Columbia under its jurisdiction.
- 1803: In Bombay, India, the Great Fire of Bombay erupts.
- 1813: The U.S. Congress passes an act that permits steamboats to transport the U.S. mail.
- 1816: After heavy fighting, Dutch troops regain control of the rebellious Suriname.
- 1827: The first Mardi gras celebration takes place in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- 1844: The Dominican Republic gains its independence from Haiti, a day of national celebration in the country.
- 1861: The Warsaw Massacre occurs on this date as Russian troops fire on Polish protesters demanding they vacate the country.
- 1867: Dr. William G. Bonwill invents the dental mallet on this date.
- 1869: John Menard is the first black to make a speech in the U.S. Congress.
- 1872: Harvard University graduates the first female black lawyer in the country, Charlotte Ray.
- 1877: The Electoral College declares Rutherford B. Hayes— Republican—winner of the presidential election beating Samuel J. Tilden.
- 1883: Oscar Hammerstein patented the first cigar-rolling machine.
- 1896: The “Charlotte Observer” published a picture of an X-ray photograph made by Dr. H.L. Smith. The photograph showed a perfect picture of all the bones of a hand and a bullet that Smith had placed between the third and fourth fingers in the palm.
- 1907: Psychiatrists Carl Gustav Jung and Sigmund Freud meet for the first time in Vienna, Austria.
- 1911: Instead of hand cranking an automobile to start it, inventor Charles F. Kettering demonstrated his electric automobile starter and with just the press of a switch, fired up the motor of a Cadillac.
- 1921: In Florence, Italy, Fascists incite a riot against the government.
- 1922: In Lester v. Garnett, the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) unanimously upheld the 19th Amendment to the Constitution, which guaranteed the right to vote for the nation’s women.
- 1925: In Munich, Germany, Adolf Hitler resurrects the NSDAP or German Nationalist Socialist Party, which becomes the Nazi Party.
- 1933: After a massive fire gutted the Reichstag (Germany’s parliament building), Adolf Hitler blamed the Communists and suspended the nation’s civil liberties.
- 1939: In National Labor Relations Board v. Fansteel Metallurgical Corporation, the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) outlawed sit-down strikes. Meanwhile, France recognizes the Spanish government in the control of Generalissimo Francisco Franco.
- 1942: In the Battle of the Java Sea, at the cost of two Japanese ships sunk, the U.S. Navy loses 13 warships.
- 1943: During World War II, Norwegian commandos launched a raid against a German-operated heavy water plant located in their country to sabotage it. Elsewhere in the world, the United States government began circulating one-cent coins made of steel-plated zinc as the steel pennies they replaced had proven to be unpopular due to their being confused for dimes.
- 1949: Chaim Weizmann becomes the first president of Israel.
- 1950: Generalissimo Chiang Kai-Shek becomes the president of Nationalist China.
- 1951: The 22nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution underwent ratification on today’s date, which limits ALL American presidents to two terms in office.
- 1954: Neil Schon—future guitarist with the original Santana band and with Journey to the present—was born in Oklahoma on this date.
- 1959: Johnny Van Zant—brother of Ronnie who would take his place in the Southern rock band, Lynyrd Skynyrd following his death—was born in the American South on this date.
- 1967: The English rock group, Pink Floyd, releases its first single, “Arnold Layne.”
- 1968: In a special report on the Vietnam War, Walter Cronkite delivered a commentary in which, he said the conflict appeared “mired in stalemate.”
- 1969: Following a military coup, General Hafiz al-Assad becomes president of Syria.
- 1972: U.S. President Richard M. Nixon and Chinese Premier Chou En-lai issued the Shanghai Communique, which opened the door to normalized relations between the two countries.
- 1973: The American Indian Movement occupied Wounded Knee in South Dakota.
- 1977: Busted for heroin, Rolling Stones’ guitarist Keith Richards receives a suspended sentence from the Canadian government for the Stones to play a concert for charity.
- 1980: Israel and Egypt exchange ambassadors for the first time.
- 1981: Chrysler Corporation received a grant of an additional $400 million in federal loan guarantees. Chrysler had posted a loss of $1.7 billion in 1980.
- 1986: The U.S. Senate approved the telecast of its debates on a trial basis.
- 1990: The Exxon Corporation and Exxon Shipping underwent indictment on five criminal counts about the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill.
- 1991: The six-week Gulf War ends as Iraqi troops leave Kuwait and the Kuwaitis are liberated. President George H.W. Bush declared, “Kuwait is liberated, Iraq’s army is defeated” and announced that the allies would suspend combat operations at midnight, Eastern Time.
- 1997: Divorce becomes legal in Ireland on this date.
- 1998: Britain’s House of Lords agreed to give a monarch’s first-born daughter the same claim to the throne as any first-born son. This ended 1,000 years of male preference.
- 1999: Colin Prescott and Andy Elson set a new hot air balloon endurance record when they had been aloft for 233 hours and 55 minutes. The two were in the process of trying to circumnavigate the Earth.
- 2011: The UN Security Council passes Resolution 1970, which imposes sanctions on the government of Libya’s Moammar Gadhafi. Meanwhile, in Wisconsin, the whack jobs of the AFL-CIO, protesting the successful economic policies of Governor Scott Walker say they will ‘risk arrest’ if the police attempt to remove the hundreds of agitators from the Wisconsin State House.
- 2013: At Vatican City, Pope Benedict XVI gives his farewell address. Meanwhile, in the U.S., JP Morgan says that it will slash 1,700 jobs from its mortgage department over the next two years.
- 2014: According to Brainy History, GE is focusing on development of wind power in Japan, seeing an opportunity for the nation to expand its renewable energy portfolio after Fukushima; GE has designed a wind turbine capable of weathering the country’s distinct weather challenges.
- 2015: Leonard Nimoy, famous actor, Mr. Spock on Star Trek, passed away from complications of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, aka COPD, a malady from which, he had been suffering for about a year.
Please join us at the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day, the place where we cover the topics of the day as well as professional food service, Beverly Carrick original artworks, and discussions on music, pop culture, and anything else that comes up over the course of a day!
As always, we thank the good folks at Brainy History for doing the demanding work of compiling historical happenings, dates, and everything else by which at the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day publish a blog that draws readers from all over the world! Thank you and God bless you for doing this particularly important work!
CHEF CHERYL LA TIGRE’S BLOGPOSTS 2011-2019:
- 12-19-2011 M: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part X: Chicken Nishime—an All-Time Hawaiian Favorite made with Konnyaku” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-20-2011 T: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XI: Barbequed Spareribs, Chinese-style with Chinese Rib and Plum Dipping Sauces—Hawaii-Delicious” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-21-2011 W: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XII: Pork Adobo—originally from the Philippines, it’s even better on Oahu” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-22-2011 Th: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XIII: Egg Foo Yung made with Kamaboko—Oriental Omelets are popular in Hawaii” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-23-2011 F: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XIV: Deep-Fried Jumbo Prawns in Panko Breading with Mango-Pineapple Salsa—Latin-Fused Hawaiian Cuisine is simply Amazing” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-24-2011 S: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XV: Baked Opakapaka with Pineapple Hollandaise—Hawaiian and French Cuisines intermingled to create a Taste of Heaven” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-25-2011 Su (Christmas): “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XVI: Pork, Chicken, and Shrimp Hekka—a Traditional Dish That’s Perfect for a Hawaiian Holiday” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 05-28-2012 M: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XVII: Baked Fresh Yelloweye Rockfish with Asian Black Bean Sauce—a Delicious Combination that is Ono-Licious” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 05-29-2012 T: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XVIII: Broiled Fresh Hawaiian Tuna with Cabernet Demi-Glace Sauce and Flash-Fried Maui Onions—the Best of the Mid-Pacific Deep-Sea Fishing Fleets” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 05-30-2012 W: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XIX: Grilled Fresh Onaga with Bay Shrimp and Caramelized Almonds—flaky Fish with Succulent-Sweet Almonds” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 05-31-2012 Th: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XX: Fresh Grilled Hawaiian Swordfish with Orange-Tarragon Relish—one of my All-Time Favorite Dishes” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 06-01-2012 F: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXI: Broiled Mahi-Mahi Teriyaki-style with Grilled Pineapple and Sauteed Langoustines—one of the Best Dishes Hawaii has to Offer” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 06-02-2012 S: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXII: Baked Opakapaka with Pineapple Hollandaise—a Bit Touristy but not the way Chef La Tigre does it!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 06-03-2012 Su: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXIII: Classic Maui Duck—it’s NOT Seafood but it’s the Crème de la Crème of what Hawaii has to offer!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-03-2012 M: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXIV: Chef La Tigre picks up where she left off back in June with a Fabulous Hawaiian Noodle Dish—Pork Chow Fun!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-04-2012 T: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXV: Chef Cheryl has a Treat in Store for all of us Today: Chinese-style BBQ Pork Back Spareribs—marinated and Flame-Broiled to Perfection!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-05-2012 W: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXVI: Today, Chef Cheryl does a Rare Portuguese-Hawaiian Recipe, the Famed Pork-and-Clams, an absolutely Delectable Dish!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-06-2012 Th: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXVII: Chef “Tiger” prepares Lesser-Known Filipino Cuisine Today by serving up an Institutional-Sized Chicken Thighs Adobo!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-07-2012 F: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXVIII: Featured Today is another exciting Hawaiian Recipe—Walnut Chicken! Not only is it Ono-Licious, it’s Flavorful, Crunchy, and quite Beautiful, too!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-08-2012 S: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXIX: Pork and Tofu is on Today’s Menu and everyone is guaranteed to love it, even those who hate Tofu and those who don’t eat Pork!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-09-2012 Su: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXX: Chef Cheryl saved the Best for Last: Hawaiian Apricot Pork—tantalizingly Succulent, amazingly Tender, and a Breeze to Make!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-12-2013 M: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CI: for the First Time, Chef Cheryl gets a Crack at the Quick Breads/Muffins Recipes Category and begins her Week by doing a Recipe for Golden Raisin Scones—what a Treat!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-13-2013 T: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CII: Chef Cheryl presents another Scone Recipe, this one a Delicious Mission Fig Scone—too Exotic for the Islands but just right for the Mainland!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-14-2013 W: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CIII: Today, Chef Cheryl switches Gears to the Muffin Department and presents something one does NOT normally associate with the Islands: Persimmon Muffins!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-15-2013 Th: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CIV: Chef Cheryl talks about Medicinal Pot and then presents her ‘Da Kine’ Recipe for Pear-Currant Muffins—outasite!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-16-2013 F: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CV: The 105th Installment of the AICP-END is a Great One as it features a Great Papaya Muffin Recipe plus a lot of Talk about trolling the Dives of Bakersfield, California!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-17-2013 S: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CVI: Our Hawaiian Chef presents another Tropical Fruit Bakery Item: Mango Quick Bread—as Ono as it gets!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-18-2013 Su: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CVII: Who would ever have expected this from Chef Cheryl? Quick Peanut-Butter Bread, totally unique and a pleasure to eat!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-21-2014 M: “Political Topics and Essays, Part Ninety-Nine: Chef Cheryl makes it known that this Week, she is going to Defend both the Obama Administration and the Democrat Party and that the GOP needs to help the Dems in fixing Obamacare, not repealing and replacing it!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-22-2014 T: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred: Chef Cheryl begins the Breakdown of U.S. Senate Races on Both Sides of the Aisle—who is going, who to keep, it’s Informative so come on along and Join us today!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-23-2014 W: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-One: Cheryl veers off into the Cliven Bundy Drama in Nevada, HOW Senator Harry Reid seems to have forgotten that Mormons do no WRONG to One Another, and that maybe the Time has come for the Aged Senator to Retire from Office; then, more Democrat Senators at Risk!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-24-2014 Th: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-Two: Today’s Topic is MORE Democrat Senators at Risk of being voted out of Office, WHO we can save, WHO need our Help and need it as Soon as Possible and One WHO needs to stay Home and keep Quiet—Kathleen Sebelius—do NOT run for a Senate Seat!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-25-2014 F: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-Three: The Discussion continues about Vulnerable Senate Democrats, what they need to do to Stay Afloat in Tough Times, and then Ends with a Discussion of the Paniolo, the Hawaiian Cowboy—who’d a thought?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-26-2014 S: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-Four: We conclude our Discussion of Democrat Senators at Risk, but also discuss Possible Challenges to Hillary by Senators Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren and how it might help our Side come 2016!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-27-2014 Su: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-Five: Cheryl wraps up the Week by exhorting the Democrat Party to stand Strong in the Face of oncoming Electoral Disaster, supports more Democrats like West Virginia’s Joe Manchin, and finishes with the Keystone XL Pipeline from Canada to the U.S.” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-20-2015 M: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXXXVIII: Cheryl’s First Day commences with some Local Talk on Hawaiian Liberalism, on Hillary entering the Race, and who might have to take Her Place should the Republicans destroy her” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-21-2015 T: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXXXIX: Cheryl discusses the Hawaii Marriage Equality Act of 2013, one that protects Religious Rights as well as the Rights of the LGBT Community in the Islands—it works REALLY well, people!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-22-2015 W: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXL: Cheryl returns to discussing the Presidential Race of 2016 by saying there are Reverse Similarities to what we saw in 2008—Hillary is the Old Lion while some in the GOP such as Marco Rubio is the YOUNG Tiger” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-23-2015 Th: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXLI: Cheryl discusses the Lifestyle, the Crime Rates, Places in which, one should not live or should pass through quickly today on Aloha Hump Day Thursday” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-24-2015 F: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXLII: Cheryl discusses the Trials, Tribulations, and Successes of Hawaii as it embraces the 21st Century while lamenting the ongoing Destruction of California by those elected to protect its Citizens, Farms, Industries, and Businesses” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-25-2015 S: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXLIII: Cheryl discusses the Relative Safety of living in the Middle of the Pacific Ocean although currently of Global Instability, Nuclear Arms, and Terrorism, nothing is a given” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-26-2015 Su: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXLIV: Cheryl closes the Week by discussing Music the Blog promotes as well as Music Hawaiians love such as “IZ”, how we miss him, and then the Hippie Invasion of 1969” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 02-08-2016 M: “Thankfully, Super Bowl 50 is in the Books, not only did it not live up to the Hype, it was Boring, and the Half Time Show needs to go—but I do expect to see Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers back NEXT Year” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Miscellaneous Articles Index, Part XXVIII
- 02-09-2016 T: “WHY would Hillary employ Bill, Madeleine Albright, and Gloria Steinem—Three Old and Jaded Characters from our Party’s Past—to go out and attack Bernie Sanders by insulting Women and telling them they have a Special Place in Hell?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLX
- 02-10-2016 W: “The Results of New Hampshire are in and we have Bernie at the Top and on the other Side, Democrat in Elephant Clothing Donald Trump and Squishy John Kasich (a Lolo who will work with US)—we are looking VERY Good” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXI
- 02-11-2016 Th: “Whatever you say, Bernie Sanders is the ONLY Candidate who can lead our Nation Forward, Protect the Accomplishments of President Obama, and rally People of all Types around his Standard—let’s help him!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXII
- 02-12-2016 F: “The Sixth Democrat Debate of the 2016 Election Cycle was a bit more subdued than Previous Ones and BOTH Candidates worked hard to get their Points across without Explosive Interactions—GREAT Debate! Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXIII
- 02-13-2016 S: “Cherry expects some REAL MMA-Style Brawling tonight on the GOP Debate Stage and hopes that One-by-One they knock One Another out of the running and open the Doors WIDE for Bernie Sanders” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXIV
- 02-14-2016 Su: “We must demand of our Elected Leaders at ALL Levels to make sure that we DEFEND President Obama’s RIGHT to put another Nominee on the Supreme Court before leaving Office—we must replace Justice Scalia with a LIBERAL” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXV
- 08-08-2016 M: “I am not as Ideological as are many of my Fellow Hawaiian Democrats because correcting the Balance of Trade, promoting National Defense, and putting unemployed Americans back to Work are more important than voting for someone solely with a ‘D’ by his or her Name” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXIX
- 08-09-2016 T: “I once hoped for either a Bernie Sanders OR Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren Ticket but now, Donald Trump is the only one for whom I will vote in November—here is WHY” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXX
- 08-10-2016 W: “The World is Full of Many Threats and having someone as President who repeatedly has placed our Nation at Risk in the White House is NOT someone for whom I or anyone else should vote—I am voting for Donald Trump!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXI
- 08-11-2016 Th: “I base MY Vote in the 2016 Election on TWO Things—who is going to fix the Economy and who is going to Win the War against the Islamic Jihadists—Donald Trump and NOT Hillary!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXII
- 08-12-2016 F: “As a Mormon, I am surprised at how the Leadership of MY Church can view Donald Trump as a ‘Problem’ more so than seeing that Hillary Clinton is TRULY Dangerous and would do the Work of the Devil should she win the White House” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXIII
- 08-13-2016 S: “Any Democrat who says we must hand over our Guns is a Crazy Democrat and NOT Someone for whom I can vote; however, Donald Trump will be the NUMBER ONE Defender of both the Constitution and the Bill of Rights” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXIV
- 08-14-2016 Su: “The Olympics should prove to EVERYONE that ONLY here in America can People of all Races, Ethnicities, Religions, and Economic Backgrounds can achieve the unachievable and to beat the World—GO Team!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXV
- 03-06-2017 M: “Let me tell you why, I, a lifelong Democrat, voted for Donald Trump on November 8 and will also share five major points the Dems must do if we are to remain a national party and not a limited one” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXIV
- 03-07-2017 T: “Message to Google Blogger—if you do not like our two blogs, shut them down; otherwise, get the hell out of the way and allow us to soar to new and greater heights” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXV
- 03-08-2017 W: “A further plea to Google Blogger to stop with the discrimination, it is not up to you or to any other Web host to prevent blogs that pay for services to go unseen because you do not like them!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXVI
- 03-09-2017 Th: “After appealing to Google Blogger to either get out of the way or to shut us down, Cherry discusses why we need to repeal and replace Obamacare—from a Democrat’s Viewpoint” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXVII
- 03-10-2017 F: “Instead of freeing us from the onerous Obamacare mess, we now will have to contend with Trump Care—President Trump, keep your word and let things go back to the way they were in the 1980s and before” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXVIII
- 03-11-2017 S: “The Russians did NOT do it, the CIA did it by using its Umbrage program to snoop on us through our smart devices, which means that Obama did tap Trump Tower—yikes!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXIX
- 03-12-2017 Su: “Hawaii will fight the Trump ‘Travel Ban,’ which makes no sense to me—WHY do we have to continue allowing Muslims to enter the Country willy-nilly?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXX
- 08-28-2017 M: “Lalo and I love coming to California as it allows us to hit the casinos as well as sit near ringside to see local girl Raquel Pa’aluhi take on Yana Kunitskaya at the Tachi Hotel Palace and Casino” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Miscellaneous Articles Index, Part L
- 08-29-2017 T: “Donald Trump is not a Republican, which is WHY as a Democrat, I voted for him over Hillary Rodham Clinton, a known crook and liar” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCLXXXVIII
- 08-30-2017 W: “If we do not expunge the sports records of O. J. Simpson, Pete Rose, and Aaron Hernandez, then so should we not those who fought for the Confederacy in the Civil War” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCLXXXIX
- 08-31-2017 Th: “Why the LGBTQ community only pursues devout Christian bakers is beyond me and here in Bakersfield, they have a new target: Tastries Bakery” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCXC
- 09-01-2017 F: “Unlike other race-based, ethnic, religious, or all three minorities, most people view homosexuality as a lifestyle choice and not as something God instills in you while in the womb” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCXCI
- 09-02-2017 S: “Coming to California ALWAYS makes me feel better about my home state because government here is crazy—using the incorrect pronoun can soon land one in prison if they misaddress a transgender person” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCXCII
- 09-03-2017 Su: “Mexico City seeks a bill banning President Trump from coming to their city and maybe their country, too; can we pass a bill banning ALL Mexicans from coming here—unless we send for them?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCXCIII
- 03-05-2018 M: “Although we did not vote on it, Hawaii seems to be becoming a sanctuary state, which is not what most citizens want—send more ICE agents, Mr. Trump!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXX
- 03-06-2018 T: “Way behind the times, I know, Lalo and I watched Dinesh D’ Souza’s recent film, ‘2016: Hillary’s America,’ and I must say—it left a mark” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXI
- 03-07-2018 W: “Although months away, Hawaii is gearing up for its primary elections and it is interesting to note that Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard has some challengers—from her left” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXII
- 03-08-2018 Th: “Reading “Dear Leader” by Michael Malice has given me new perspective when it comes to viewing North Korea and is a book everyone should read if you would care for the same understanding” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXIII
- 03-09-2018 F: “Bush #43 made the world a far worse place, especially when he made the horrendous decision to invade Iraq on a mere pretext of them possessing WMDs; let’s try something different with NOKO like…dialogue” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXIV
- 03-10-2018 S: “California now a slave, uh, I mean, sanctuary state, I expected to see Governor Jerry Brown and AG Xavier Becerra break out the Stars and Bars while dancing to the tune of Dixie” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXV
- 03-11-2018 Su: “Will it take a violent crime befalling one of their own family members before California Democrats awaken to the danger of unchecked illegal immigration?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXVI
- 08-27-2018 M: “The recent results of the Hawaiian Mid-Term Primary Elections demonstrate it is going to be another solid year for Democrats- at least here” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLIV
- 08-28-2018 T: “Not every liberal Democrat POC believes in sanctuary cities, states, and illegal alien criminals living among us- build the wall, virtual if need be” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLV
- 08-29-2018 W: “With the death of John McCain, our elected leaders can momentarily set aside politics before returning to the slash-and-burn strategy that offends so many of us” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLVI
- 08-30-2018 Th: “Mr. President, treaties be damned, build the Space Force and build it now lest our enemies get the jump on us and blackmail us through intimidation” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLVII
- 08-31-2018 F: “If Gavin Newsom becomes the governor of California in November, say ‘farewell’ to the state as it will mean FREE HEALTH CARE for all illegal aliens” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLVIII
- 09-01-2018 S: “Modern liberalism differs from classic liberalism as the difference between day and night and if the Democratic Party is to survive, we need to reclaim it following the massive election losses this November” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLIX
- 09-02-2018 Su: “A better economy, lower taxes, and a newfound hope for the country once again is reason enough to vote for the Republicans in November and not for the Democratic-Socialists” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDL
- 02-25-2019 M: “Although the Green New Deal is exciting, bold, and new, implementing it here in Hawaii within ten years would cripple our state” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXVI
- 02-26-2019 T: “To save the country and the planet, the American people must first regain control of the educational system because teaching kids their planet is going to end in ten-twelve years is beyond the pale” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXVII
- 02-27-2019 W: “What is it about the word, FREE? Somebody has to pay the price tag so me, as a Democrat, am somewhat leery of all Democrats seeking the 2020 nomination who want to give away the farm- watch out!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXVIII
- 02-28-2019 Th:
- 03-01-2019 F:
- 03-02-2019 S:
- 03-03-2019 Su:
CHEF CHERYL LA TIGRE’S BLOG POSTS AT THE AICP-END 2015-2019:
- 04-22-2015 W: “Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part Thirty-Four: Cheryl becomes the First Author other than Stinkbug to discuss the Majesty of Beverly Carrick, one of the World’s All-Time Great Artists and one YOU should know” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part XLIII
- 02-10-2016 W: “Chef Cheryl returns for her Second Installment at the Blog where we celebrate the Life, Times, Political Views, and other Life Observations of Beverly Carrick—the Greatest American Artist” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part LXXXIV
- 08-10-2016 W: “Hawaii and the Art of Beverly Carrick are Synonymous with One Another just as are the Spectacular Vacation Packages awaiting you here in the Islands—why not come and join us and go on a Culinary Excursion while enjoying some Beautiful Paintings?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CIX
- 03-08-2017 W: “If you are fortunate enough to be able to see the blog today without interference from Google, then please enjoy the lovely oil paintings we have for you by the stellar Beverly Carrick—amazing!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CXXXIX
- 08-30-2017 W: “Although Beverly has a large body of work, her paintings are going to be worth millions one day and what is more, we discuss the ‘boner pill,’ Noxitril and why I cannot stand its advertisements” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CLXIV
- 03-07-2018 W: “Beverly Carrick and her library of artworks are perhaps the best-kept secret held by the United States and no, I am not talking about the atomic bomb or the stealth-jet fighter-bomber” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CXCI
- 08-29-2018 W: “Like California, politicians grow wealthier by the day the longer high-speed rail scams continue such as our Honolulu Rail Transit” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CCXVI
- 02-27-2019 W: “Dictatorships take control of education and health care as in doing so, they control both the family from cradle to grave and its young through indoctrinating and instilling them with the party line” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CCXLII
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2019
EDITORIAL STAFF AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
President: Alvin T. Woliztnikistein
Executive Vice President: Stinkbug
Publisher: Roland Carl Davis
Assistant Publisher: Moses Scharbug III
Editor-in-Chief: Edward Fitzgerald Carlton
Assistant and Photographic Editor: Chef Alana Houzenfogel
Mail Room: Jane Lee Tarzana (direct all mail here).
Proofreader: Amos Mosby Caruthers
Amazon.com Liaison: Eleanor Grabski.
Board of Directors: Garfield H. Johnson (Retired), Alvin T. Woliztnikistein, B. H. “BC” Cznystekinki, Elmer K. “the Hooter” Hootenstein, Gervais Krinkelmeier, Goldie “Goldfish” McNamara, James “Jimmy” Hall, James, “JT” Tobiason, Kilgore Randalini, Lilah Paulikovich, Murph MacDougal, and Olaf Bologolo,
WE SUPPORT THE NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION