Arvin, CA 93203
Contact Me: rcd32MontanaQ1@gmail.com
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
FALL SESSION 2021
BLOG POST #4,262 AT THE AICP-END
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 356
DAY THREE HUNDRED-AND-SIX OF THE BIDEN REGIME
325. TODAY IN HISTORY—SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2021:
Vice President Garret Augustus Hobart; U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Joseph McKenna; U.S. Attorney General Joseph McKenna; U.S. Senators Richard “Dick” Durbin and John Kennedy; “Free as a Bird” by the Beatles, Boston featuring Gary Pihl, Crawler featuring John “Rabbit” Bundrick, the Electric Prunes featuring Mark Tulin, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, WAR featuring Leroy “Lonnie” Jordan, and Wings featuring Linda McCartney:
- 235 Saturday: St. Anterus I begins his reign as the 19th Roman Catholic Pope. He would serve until January 03, 236.
- 496 Wednesday: St. Gelasius I ends his reign as the 49th Roman Catholic Pope. He became the leader of all Christendom on March 01, 492.
- 1620 Saturday: At Cape Cod, Massachusetts, the Pilgrims sign the Mayflower Compact.
- 1783 Friday: Francois Pilatre de Rosier and Francois Laurent, Marquis D’Arlandes, completed the first successful hot air balloon flight by going aloft for 25 minutes and traveling about 5.5 miles above Paris.
- 1789 Saturday: North Carolina became the 12th state to ratify the U.S. Constitution.
- 1861 Thursday: Judah Benjamin, who had been acting Confederate Secretary of War, was formally named to the post.
- 1864 Monday: President Abraham Lincoln signed a letter in which, he expressed his condolences to Lydia Bixby, a widow in Boston whose five sons supposedly died while fighting in the Civil War. However, only two of Bixby’s sons lost their lives in battle and what’s more, historians are not clear as to whether Lincoln authored the letter.
- 1871 Tuesday: M.F. Galethe patented the cigar lighter.
- 1877 Wednesday: Thomas A. Edison announced the invention of the phonograph.
- 1899 Tuesday: The 24th vice-president of the United States, 1897-1899, Republican, Garret Augustus Hobart, died in office on this date. Theodore Roosevelt would follow him as vice president.
- 1906 Wednesday: China prohibits the opium trade, something the European colonial powers use to keep its citizens unable or unwilling to stop them from overrunning their country.
- 1918 Thursday: At Galicia, Poland, Polish soldiers organize a pogrom against the Jews living in the area.
- 1920 Sunday: The Irish Republican Army killed 12 British intelligence officers and two auxiliary police officers in the Dublin area; British forces responded by raiding a soccer match, killing 14 civilians. Meanwhile, in Italy, Fascists under the control of Benito Mussolini go on a terror spree, murdering 11 people in Bologna.
- 1922 Tuesday: Rebecca L. Felton of Georgia underwent swearing-in as the first woman to serve in the U.S. Senate.
- 1926 Sunday: In Washington, D.C., the 57th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Joseph McKenna, Republican, died. President William McKinley nominated McKenna to fill the seat of Associate Justice Stephen Field, Democrat. McKenna served from January 21, 1898, to January 05, 1925. Prior to serving on the high court, McKenna served the nation as its 42nd U.S. Attorney General, doing so under President McKinley from March 05, 1897, to January 25, 1898.
- 1927 Monday: Picketing strikers at the Columbia Mine in northern Colorado were fired on by state police resulting in six miners dead.
- 1929 Thursday: Spanish surrealist Salvador Dali held his first art exhibit on this date.
- 1931 Saturday: The Universal horror film “Frankenstein,” starring Boris Karloff as the monster and Colin Clive as his creator, was first released.
- 1934 Wednesday: The Cole Porter musical “Anything Goes,” starring Ethel Merman as Reno Sweeney, opened on Broadway. Meanwhile, the New York Yankees purchased the contract of Joe DiMaggio from San Francisco of the Pacific Coast League.
- 1938 Monday: Nazi troops cross the border into Czechoslovakia and annex the western part of the nation—the Sudetenland—and declare its citizens to be ‘citizens of the Reich.’
- 1942 Saturday: At Soldier’s Summit in the Yukon Territory, the Alaska Highway formally opened for traffic. Meanwhile, as the Luftwaffe is grounded on the Eastern Front around Stalingrad, Red Army troops are working to encircle the German Sixth Army in the city and to annihilate the Fourth Panzer Army. On the flanks, Axis allies are fleeing for their lives and the Germans are unable to stop the frenzy. Germans guarding the critical supply bridges at the town of Kalach are aware of armor approaching their lines but believe it to be German armor pulling out of Stalingrad.
- 1944 Tuesday: In East St. Louis, Illinois, future Democratic U.S. Senator Dick Durbin is born. He would enter the U.S. Senate on January 03, 1997, and would become Senate Minority Whip on January 03, 2015.
- 1946 Thursday: President Harry S. Truman becomes the first sitting president to travel in a submerged U.S. Navy submarine.
- 1948 Sunday: Future keyboardist/vocalist with the Los Angeles-based funk-rock-soul-jazz band, WAR[i]—Leroy “Lonnie” Jordan”—is born on this date in San Diego, California. Also born on this date is future keyboardist with Free, the Who[ii], and Crawler- John “Rabbit” Bundrick who is born in Houston, Texas. Moreover, future bassist with the psychedelic band, the Electric Prunes- Mark Tulin- is born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on this date.
- 1950 Tuesday: Future guitarist/keyboardist/vocalist with the rock band, Boston[iii] 1985-present—Gary Pihl—is born on this date in Chicago, Illinois.
- 1951 Wednesday: In Centerville, Mississippi, future Republican U.S. Senator John Kennedy is born. He would enter the world’s greatest deliberative body on January 03, 2017, representing the great state of Louisiana.
- 1953 Saturday: The so-called “Piltdown Man,” discovered in an English bog in 1912 is determined to be nothing more than a hoax by scientific authorities.
- 1955 Monday: Argentine authorities ask Panama to return former president Juan Peron for trial.
- 1963 Thursday: President John F. Kennedy and his wife, Jacqueline, arrived in San Antonio, Texas, which was the start of their ill-fated two-day tour of the Lone Star State culminating with his assassination in Dallas.
- 1964 Saturday: The upper level of New York’s Verrazano Narrows Bridge, connecting Brooklyn and Staten Island, finally opened to traffic.
- 1967 Tuesday: President Lyndon Baines Johnson signed the Air Quality Act.
- 1968 Thursday: John Lennon’s[iv] wife, Yoko Ono, suffers a miscarriage.
- 1969 Friday: The Senate voted down the Supreme Court nomination of Clement F. Haynsworth[v], 55-45, the first such rejection since 1930.
- 1973 Wednesday: President Richard M. Nixon’s personal attorney, J. Fred Buzhardt reveals the presence of an 18-minute gap in the White House tape that relates to the Watergate Scandal.
- 1974 Thursday: Over President Gerald R. Ford’s veto, the U.S. Congress passes the Freedom of Information Act. Elsewhere, bombs exploded at a pair of pubs in Birmingham, England, killing 21 people and wounding many more.
- 1975 Friday: Linda McCartney’s drug charges in the United States are ‘dropped.’
- 1979 Wednesday: In Islamabad, Pakistan, an outraged crowd attacks the U.S. Embassy; one person dies in the melee.
- 1980 Friday: 87 people died in a fire at MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas. Meanwhile, an estimated 83 million viewers tuned in to find out “who shot J.R.” on the CBS prime time soap opera “Dallas.” Kristin was the character who fired the gun.
- 1981 Saturday: Boisterous crowds demonstrate in Amsterdam against the United States placing cruise missiles in their country.
- 1985 Thursday: U.S. Navy intelligence analyst Jonathan Jay Pollard was arrested, accused of spying for Israel, an ally. Pollard later pleaded guilty to espionage and was sentenced to life in prison; he was released on parole on November 20, 2015.
- 1986 Friday: The Central African Republic adopts a new constitution.
- 1989 Tuesday: President George H. W. Bush signs a bill that bans smoking on most domestic flights. Elsewhere, the proceedings of Britain’s House of Commons went live on television for the first time in British history.
- 1990 Wednesday: Junk-bond financier Michael R. Milken, who had pleaded guilty to six felony counts, was sentenced by a federal judge in New York to 10 years in prison. He then served two and was out.
- 1992 Saturday: A three-day tornado outbreak that struck 13 states began in the Houston area before spreading to the Midwest and eastern U.S.; 26 people died. Meanwhile, Sen. Bob Packwood, R-Ore., issued an apology but refused to discuss allegations that he’d made unwelcome sexual advances toward 10 women over the years. Faced with threat of expulsion, Packwood ended up resigning from the Senate in 1995.
- 1995 Tuesday: The Beatles[vi] release a new double-CD set featuring a song written and performed by John Lennon with the other three Beatles adding their parts for a “NEW” single: “Free as a Bird.” Meanwhile, Balkan leaders meeting in Dayton, Ohio, initialed a peace plan to end three and a half years of ethnic fighting in Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- 2004 Sunday: The people of the Ukraine reelect president, Viktor Yanukovych; however, after large protests break out, critical of the way the election occurred, authorities trash the results.[vii]
- 2010 Sunday: Jimmie Johnson becomes the first ever drive to win five straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championships. Meanwhile, in Iran, crackpot Islamist president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad rejects the nation’s successful family planning program and suggests that Iranian girls marry at age 16.
- 2011 Monday: U.S., Canada, and the United Kingdom impose still more sanctions on the Iranian nuclear program, fearful that they are hard at work at achieving a nuclear weapon.
- 2014 Friday: After snowstorms blanket the Buffalo, New York, region with seven feet of snow, the weather begins to warm melting snow, causing the possibility of floods. Thirteen people died during the storms and hundreds suffered stranding throughout the region in airports and on the roadways.
- 2015 Saturday: The jihadist attacks in France were the work of three terrorist teams- so says the government of France- and that it is an ‘ACT OF WAR BY ISIS.” Law enforcement across the European continent continues rooting out the various jihadi rats and military strikes across Syria take on a new ferocious intensity. Where is that POS Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Crucify the scumbag.
- 2016 Monday: President-elect Donald J. Trump begins announcing people he plans to serve in his administration- Nikki Haley becoming UN ambassador and Dr. Ben Carson his HUD secretary.
- 2017 Tuesday: As the citizens of Zimbabwe continue celebrating, the nation prepares to swear in its new President Emmerson Mnangagwa, their first new president in decades. Congratulations. Elsewhere, President Trump speaks up for Alabama Senate candidate Judge Roy Moore, a man being assailed by allegations of sexual improprieties as a youngster.
- 2018 Wednesday: As DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen continues receiving incoming flak for having told members of a massive illegal alien caravan trying to cross into the United States from Mexico that the ‘Trump administration would likely reject their claims of asylum.’ Such is being a member of the Trump team, constant ongoing attacks by crazed leftists. Meanwhile, a federal judge in Mississippi strikes down the state’s new anti-abortion law. Deep State interference once again.
- 2019 Thursday: After two more witnesses appeared before House Intel Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-CA, on the inquiry into impeaching Donald J. Trump, Schiff had to throw his hands up in resignation as once again, disaster befell the cretin. The first witness, David Holmes (no relation to “Big John”), former counselor for the U.S. embassy in Kiev and the second witness, Dr. Fiona Hill, a Brit, former NSC director for Europe and Russia had nothing to add to the impeachment hopes of the Democrats. In fact, within minutes, Chef Lilah Paulikovich suggested to @RepAdamSchiff on Twitter that he fall on his sword and take his senile House leader, Nancy Pelosi, down with him. These hostile losers hate Trump so it’s ironic that their hatred will re-elect President Trump in a massive 2020 landslide. Meanwhile, UNKNOWN Democratic presidential candidate, Mayor Wayne Messam[viii], of Miramar, Florida, dropped out of the race on this date. He never appeared in a single Democratic Party debate, and no one knew who the flip he was.
- 2020 Saturday: We learn that the Chi-Coms now blame Italy for having created the Xi Jinping Bat Flu, which is not surprising seeing as how the communist government in Beijing does not want the world blaming THEM for creating a virus from horseshoe bats and pangolins and then letting it ‘escape’ their Wuhan laboratory and to then infect the world. The fact that the Italians are ignorant enough to participate in the Chi-Coms’ Belt and Roads Initiative makes them the perfect fall guys for the communists to blame. Remember- they tried to blame the U.S. military for having snuck into Wuhan, let it loose there, and then to infect the rest of the world. What a bunch of diabolic scumbags. Speaking of the Chi-Vi, stocks have tumbled due to the possible return of stentorian COVID-19 lockdowns and restrictions.
- 2020 Saturday A: President Donald J. Trump is considering signing an executive order that will stop birthright citizenship for children born to illegal alien mothers on U.S. soil. Christ, we need a constitutional amendment that lays out precisely what citizenship is because the Democratic Party and their RINO enablers want to give citizenship to the rest of the world. Meanwhile, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is in Qatar today meeting with his counterparts as the Trump administration continues bringing peace to the Middle East. Elsewhere, President Trump will be participating in the virtual G20 Summit today. Finally, the CIA is awarding its cloud contract to a consortium of left-wing companies such as Microsoft, IBM, Google, Amazon.com, and others. What is up with this?
- 2020 Saturday B: Speaking of the Chi-Vi, let us present to you the numbers for the Xi Jinping Bat Flu- Pelosi Pox, communist China’s gift to the world and a boon for Democrats who want to exercise their fascist skills in locking down people’s lives like California’s hypocritical snowflake Governor Gavin “The Smiler” Newsom: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 57,974,667 confirmed cases, +547,309, 1,378,411, confirmed deaths, +8,644, and 37,073,704 confirmed recoveries, +342,274. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 12,142,989 confirmed cases, UP 156,640 from yesterday’s reporting, 259,283 confirmed deaths, UP 1,410, and 6,204,239 confirmed recoveries, UP 43,454.
- 2020 Saturday C: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 1,096,354 confirmed cases, 18,644 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 17,029 confirmed cases, 224 confirmed deaths, and no mention of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 147,251 confirmed cases, 2,738 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other state: Massachusetts- currently, they have 204,155 confirmed cases, 10,488 confirmed deaths, and no mention of confirmed recoveries- we guess it is what it is. Let’s look at Israel’s stats now that Mo is living there: 328,397 confirmed cases, 2,757 confirmed deaths, and 317,171 confirmed recoveries.
- 2020 Saturday D: As more evidence continues coming to light over how the Democratic Party and their Chi-Coms worked to rob President Donald J. Trump of the 2020 Presidential Election continues coming to light, the more we understand WHY the Democrats are so determined to ramrod this through like a Big John Holmes porno movie because they know that if the courts become involved and everything they’ve done comes to light, the more devastating it’s going to be both for this criminal, Marxist party and the Chi-Com leadership. Imagine the Chi-Coms trying to blame Italy for a disease they manufactured in a biowarfare laboratory in Wuhan, China. In our view, we should nuke both the Chi-Coms and the Canadians for our northern neighbor’s participation in the plot to remove President Donald J. Trump- Moses Scharbug III.
- 2020 Saturday E: ISIS claims responsibility for a mortar attack that dropped 23 shells on a residential neighborhood in Kabul, Afghanistan killing at least 8 people and wounding another 31. Some of the shells fell near the Iranian Embassy. U.S. and Taiwan step up economic partnership by signing a five-year cooperation deal that will bring the two countries (we consider Taiwan a country) closer together and will increase trade between the two countries (although the Chi-Coms will not be happy; f**k them). Finally, Twitter announces that on Inauguration Day, it will hand over accounts associated with the presidency and the White House to the incoming administration. Accounts such as @POTUS, @FLOTUS, @WhiteHouse, and others will go to the Biden administration IF he truly becomes president. Twitter also says they will work closely with the Biden administration. Hmmm, about what?
- 2020 Saturday F: Here are the numbers for the Super Lotto Draw #3510 with a jackpot of $8 million at stake: 08, 12, 16, 21, 41, AND Mega 20. The highest winner was one person who had FIVE numbers but NO Mega for a prize of $29,647. Next, here are the numbers for the Powerball Draw #796 with a jackpot of $192 million up for grabs- 51, 54, 57, 60, 69, and Powerball 11. The highest winners were 53 people who had four numbers for a prize of $387 apiece.
- 2021 Sunday: Stick around…
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0656 a 12” x 16” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Sedona.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day.
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Sadly, the previous two albums by guitarist/vocalist Richard Thompson were not big sellers so record label management gave him the old heave-ho. When he released his next album, “Amnesia,” on October 15, 1988, he sure showed them. Practically every tune on this album was a glorious endeavor, beginning with “Turning of the Tide” through “Reckless Kind” to “Yankee Go Home” to “Can’t Win” to the closing notes of “Pharoah” and every tune in between. Joining the extremely talented guitarist/vocalist are (1) Jim Keltner on drums (2) Mickey Curry on drums (3) Alex Acuna (percussion), (4) Michael Froom (keyboards) (5) Jerry Scheff (basses) (6) John Kirkpatrick (accordions and concertinas), and loads of other people. This is a fine album; we encourage everyone to seek out and to add to their ever-growing collection- you will be glad you did. Enjoy.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 11-15-2021, all rights reserved. Data compiled with unreserved correctness by Moses Scharbug III. Note: we pay the estate of Beverly Carrick an annual fee by which, we can show her paintings to the world. We make NO money from the estate’s sales of her world-famous artworks. Total Word Count: 3,299. Chef Roland Carl Davis.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Beverly Carrick Fiery Sunset Desert Landscapes, WAR, Leroy “Lonnie” Jordan, “Free as a Bird” by the Beatles, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, Wings, Linda McCartney, Boston, Gary Pihl, Free, The Who, Crawler, John “Rabbit” Bundrick, The Electric Prunes, Mark Tulin, U.S. Senator Dick Durbin, President William McKinley, Vice President Garret Augustus Hobart, Vice President Theodore Roosevelt, U.S. Senator John Kennedy, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Joseph McKenna, U.S. Attorney General Joseph McKenna, Stalingrad, COVID-19 Lockdowns and Restrictions, COVID-19, Chi-Vi- the, The ‘VID, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, China Virus, China Virus Crisis, Yellow Fever 2019-2021, Communist China Condition, Kung Flu- the, Wuhan Waltz- the, Chi-Com Horseshoe Bat Flu, Dink-a-Link Fever, California Lottery, California Lottery Results, Super Lotto, Super Lotto Draw #3510, Powerball, Powerball Draw #796, Richard Thompson, Chef Roland Carl Davis,
TODAY IN HISTORY, SUNDAY NOVEMBER 21, 2021, BLOG POST #4,262
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Saturday, November 21, 2020, Today in History Blog Post:
Having once been a hardcore leftist, I know how the game is played which is WHY I tell you now that what the Democrats and their allies in the fake news media continue trying to convince us is the TRUTH simply is NOT- Trump won BIG
Saturday, November 21, 2020, Today in History:
We feel compelled to share with our new readers that we are an OPINION SITE and not a NEWS SITE although we do report the news. If anything, we are big history buffs which is why we have been going strong since early 2009…
Sunday, November 21, 2021:
[i] We began presenting the music of the Animals, of Eric Burdon and the Animals, of Eric Burdon, Eric Burdon and War, and War beginning on Monday, 08-June-2015 and the presentation ran through Sunday, 02-August-2015. We hope you will seek them out and consider making them a part of your listening pleasure.
[ii] We promoted the music of the Who and of its individual band members beginning on Monday, 03-August-2015 through Sunday, 29-November-2015. We hope you will seek out the music of this veteran British band as well as of Pete Townsend, John Entwistle, Keith Moon, and Roger Daltrey. We know you will enjoy them.
[iii] Not sure as to when we will promote the music of Boston but when we do, you will be the first to know.
[iv] We began promoting the music of both the Beatles and the band’s individual components on Friday, 04-November-2016 through Sunday, 11-June-2018. Besides the Beatles, we also promoted the music of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and George Harrison as well as the Traveling Wilburys.
[v] U.S. Circuit Court Judge Clement F. Haynsworth served on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. He was born in Greenville, S.C., on 10-30-1912 and died on 11-22-1989 in the same city. President Richard M. Nixon nominated him to fill the seat of Associate Justice Abe Fortas, but Democrats fought hard to protect the seat of the liberal Fortas forcing the president to nominate someone less conservative than Haynsworth.
[vi] We began promoting the music of both the Beatles and the band’s individual components on Friday, 04-November-2016 through Sunday, 11-June-2018. Besides the Beatles, we also promoted the music of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and George Harrison as well as the Traveling Wilburys.
[vii] Since the collapse of the Soviet Union, the breakaway republics have been beset by corruption because the parent country, the USSR, was incredibly corrupt as almost all communist systems are. However, for American politicians, the Ukraine has been a place to make a lot of money, just look at Joe and Hunter Biden who gorged at the well for years and which is why Democrats in 2019 are trying to impeach and remove President Donald J. Trump. It is not about them ‘fighting corruption’ but about keeping their cash cow afloat. Shame on them.
[viii] Other Democratic candidates who have dropped out at this point are in numerical order: (1) Eric Swalwell; (2) John Hickenlooper; (3) Jay Inslee; (4) Seth Moulton; (5) Kirsten Gillibrand; (6) Bill Di Blasio; (7) Tim Ryan; and (8) Robert Francis “Beto-Bozo” O’Rourke.
WE THANK EVERYONE FOR JOINING US AT WORDPRESS.COM AND FOR AIDING US IN CONTINUING TO DO THE WORK WE TOOK UPON OURSELVES MORE THAN A DECADE AGO
FOLKS, LET’S GIVE JOE A CHANCE!