Chef Olaf Bologolo
The AICP-END Blog
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
JUST THE FACTS AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM
THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY COMMENTARY-OPINION-SPORTS-FOOD SERVICE FOR MONDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2019 BY CHEF OLAF BOLOGOLO
“JTF: One might think that with Nancy Pelosi’s ongoing mental meltdown on national TV that Steny Hoyer and James Clyburn would send out the hook and drag her away before she and Schiff drag the entire party down” by Chef Olaf Bologolo
FALL SESSION 2019
BLOG POST #3,305 AT THE AICP-END
353 DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2020
Why is Nancy Pelosi still House speaker?
Century City, CA 90067, 11-18-2019 Monday: Good morning, folks, I am back for my second and final week of the year and boy, oh, boy, have we seen some strange events last week. Impeachment inquiry? Not looking good for the Democrats and one can only wonder what is wrong with them? Pittsburgh Steelers and the Cleveland Browns going to town on one another with eight seconds left on the clock- eight flipping seconds, folks- wow. We witnessed criminal actions on Thursday Night Football[i] and NO one is going to jail.
Back to impeachment, I look at the chronic liar, Adam Schiff, I look at Nancy Pelosi and my heart goes out to the woman. I do not know about you but if you have ever cared for a loved one afflicted by Alzheimer’s disease, you know the vacant stare, the hollow eyes, and the stumbling about searching for words, it causes the caretaker pain every time the tormented segue from being lost to some sort of lucidity and then back to the ozone zone, it is soul-crushing for everyone concerned.
This is what I see when I see Nancy Pelosi on my television screen, standing before the mics, mumbling gibberish, practically slobbering, making little to no sense. ‘Oh, the president did this and he did that, he’s a bad man, an extremely bad man (yet, we must pray for him), how sad it is we must impeach him…oh, where the heck was I?” and it’s back to la-la land and not the Hollywood smash movie, REAL la-la land.
We can only ponder WHY Steny Hoyer has not trotted out the hook and yanked her offstage and into the padded wagon. There, the handlers would sedate her, tell her ‘everything is okay, we’ve gotten that horrible, orange-haired man out of the White House.’ Upon hearing that, her face would alight and she would be content to sit in her rocker, covered with a shawl, eating a bowl of chicken noodle soup, and watching reruns of “Dukes of Hazard” (oh, wait, that has a Confederate flag in it) or possibly “Matlock.”
Well, perhaps in the soon-to-be-former speaker’s case, it could be “Perry Mason,” as, after all, what senile old fogey doesn’t love Raymond Burr? As gay as they come, Mr. Burr had that sort of charisma that sucked in people of Pelosi’s generation, perhaps that is why many of the aged dirt bags in Congress became lawyers? That, my friends, is a discussion for another day. Ah, well, both were great shows for our parents and grandparents. Back to the business at hand:
To make my point, I feel sorry for Nance, the old gal has been ‘rid hard and put away wet’ as the rural equestrians among us might say. She no longer has what it takes to do her job; yet lacks the required brain spark to understand that her time has come and gone and that next year, she will be held to account for losing the House majority a second time.
IF (and I am somewhat doubtful about this)- IF the (Suicide) Squad still remains- Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, Baby Evita- AOC, and Ayanna Pressley- intact, they might launch the coup of coups against the current Democratic House leadership should any of them remain in office following the nuclear bomb blast that is coming their way in November 2020.
Steny might be able to hold on as might James Clyburn but Pelosi, if she somehow is able to retain her seat and not go down to a far-far-far-left primary challenger (or a Republican), I cannot see how she will be able to even remain in the minority when her party stands to lose 40-60 seats.
Out here in the world, people are angry. I have never seen them as angry as I see them now. Here in the City of Departed Angels, I come across ALL manner of people because I work in the upscale heart of the city where I am an extremely successful restauranteur. I see wealthy folks in the dining room, I see middle class diners, I see tourists from across the country- and around the world, and in the kitchen and on the floor, we have people farther down the economic ladder.
However, everyone working for me has experienced upward mobility. Many have bought new cars, their families have bought new homes, moved into nicer apartments, some like the bartenders and top servers live in some pretty nice condos, thanks to the cash tips coming their way (we do our best not to claim much of them as other foodservice operations do- sssh, you didn’t hear that from me). Most of these working people and many of our guests and visitors are or were Democrats like I used to be a Green.
People tell me, ‘Trump can be pretty rough. However, I have more money in my pocket, my kids have nicer clothes, my spouse is happy, we have a new car, maybe a second one, why in the name of all that’s Holy would we vote for someone who wants to remove or retard our economic progress and put us back to where we were…if not into a worse place?’
This is the rub, people, most Americans are doing better, way better, and when they hear some of these locoweeds talking about ‘socialism’ and ‘rich people’ and ‘social justice,’ they understand what that means: far fewer liberties, higher taxes, and illegal aliens swamping our neighborhoods, driving down the quality of our schools, increasing crime rates, and more and more homeless people roaming the streets. They don’t flipping want this, any of this, they like what we have now.
So, we are in the midst of the ‘impeachment inquiry,’ being led by that bug-eyed cesspool troll, Adam Schiff- rhymes with bitch- and his boss, the mentally decrepit, senile, doddering old hag, Nancy Pelosi, but we’ve already touched on her.
These people know what’s best for me and my family? For you and yours? For everyone around you, people you know, love, want to see do better in life than they were prior to Donald J. Trump? Come on, folks, come on, man, (to steal a line from another old fogie, Joe Biden), that’s crazy. NO one wants the leftists are peddling and remember: I used to be a Green.
Folks join me back here tomorrow and we will continue our week together. Thanksgiving is coming soon. Going to be exciting.
CEC, ACF, Washington State Chefs Association, Retired
This is a facsimile of me as created by the well-known Bakersfield, California, street artist, the famed Simone. My entire life has been one of professional food service with my family and I owning and operating a well-known eatery in beautiful downtown Los Angeles, California, the epitome of fine cuisine around the world.
Chef Olaf Bologolo writes from Century City, CA.
Chef Olaf Bologolo was a member of the Green Party and voted Democrat. In January 2017, he re-registered as an Independent.
Contact me at the following email address: olafbologolo372B@gmail.com
CHEF OLAF BOLOGOLO
END COMMENTARY 11-18-2019
COPYRIGHT © 2019 BY MHB PRODUCTIONS
WORD COUNT: 1,083
11-18-2019 Monday–Political Topics and Essays, Part MCMXCII: “One might think that with Nancy Pelosi’s ongoing mental meltdown on national TV that Steny Hoyer and James Clyburn would send out the hook and drag her away before she and Schiff drag the entire party down” by Chef Olaf Bologolo.
HOW TO CONTACT THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY: Write us at PO Box 20669, Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669 or call us at (661) 374-1430 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. PST weekdays and weekends, well, take your chances. You can also email us by contacting the author of the week using his or her email address, which we provide beneath their personal information.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 11-15-2019, all rights reserved.
Bologolo, Olaf. “One might think that with Nancy Pelosi’s ongoing mental meltdown on national TV that Steny Hoyer and James Clyburn would send out the hook and drag her away before she and Schiff drag the entire party down.” Political Topics and Essays, Part MCMXCII
FOR FURTHER READING:
Edward “Eddie” Fitzgerald Carlton edited and rewrote the blog post today.
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
KEEP READING THE ELEMENTARY NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST OF CULINARY POLITICS!
READ THE ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST NEWS, POLITICAL COMMENTARY, SPORTS, FOOD SERVICE, HOTEL, AND RESTAURANT BUSINESS, THE END TIMES, THE END OF DAYS, THE APOCALYPSE, ARMAGEDDON, AND WHATEVER ELSE HAPPENS TO POP UP!
THE BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #1090 a 12” x 16” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Bayou Living.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
TODAY IN HISTORY—NOVEMBER 18, 2019:
President Chester A. Arthur; Vice President Henry A. Wallace; AC/DC featuring Malcolm Young, Blue Cheer featuring Eric Albronda, Crazy Horse featuring Danny Whitten, Santana (band) featuring Mike Carabello, and Strawberry Alarm Clock featuring Mark Weitz:
- 1210: Pope Innocent III excommunicates Holy Roman Emperor Otto IV.
- 1307: William Tell shoots the apple off his son’s head with his bow and arrow.
- 1497: Vasco de Gama reaches the Cape of Good Hope at southern Africa.
- 1745: Scottish troops under the command of Bonnie Prince Charlie occupy the city of Carlisle.
- 1820: Captain Nathaniel Palmer became the first American to sight the continent of Antarctica.
- 1865: “The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County” by Mark Twain was first published under the title, “Jim Smiley and his Jumping Frog” in the New York Saturday Press.
- 1883: The United States and Canada adopted a system of Standard Time Zones.
- 1886: The 21st president of the United States, Chester A. Arthur, died in New York.
- 1889: The Oahu Railway begins public service in Hawaii.
- 1902: Brooklyn toymaker Morris Michton names the Teddy Bear after President Theodore Roosevelt.
- 1903: Panama and the United States signed a treaty that granted the U.S. the rights to build a canal connecting the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
- 1909: The United States invades Nicaragua and later overthrows President Zelaya.
- 1910: British suffragists clashed with police outside Parliament on what people would come to know as “Black Friday.”
- 1912: Albania declares independence from the Ottoman Empire.
- 1916: After mass slaughter of troops under his command, General Douglas Haig—commander of the British Expeditionary Forces fighting with the French on the Western Front during World War I—terminated the Battle of the Somme, a conflagration that had begun on July 1 of the same year.
- 1918: Latvia declares independence from the crumbling Russia, beset by the Bolshevik Revolution.
- 1928: Walt Disney’s first sound-synchronized animated cartoon, “Steamboat Willie” starring Mickey Mouse, premiered in New York.
- 1929: Soviet dictator Josef Stalin sends troops to Manchuria to counter the Japanese presence.
- 1936: Germany and Italy recognized the Spanish government of Francisco Franco.
- 1941: Fascist Italian troops begin withdrawing from Ethiopia, the first nation freed by the Allies during World War II. Meanwhile, British troops open the battle for the North African port of Tobruk.
- 1942: “The Skin of our Teeth,” Thornton Wilder’s Pulitzer Prize-winning allegory about the history of humankind, opened on Broadway.
- 1943: During World War II, 444 RAF bombers attack the Nazi capital, Berlin.
- 1945: Future member of the hardcore acid rock band, Blue Cheer- Eric Albronda, drummer- is born on this date as is future keyboardist/vocalist with the Strawberry Alarm Clock- Mark Weitz- who is born in Brooklyn, New York.
- 1947: Mike Carabello—future percussionist with the original Santana band, 1968-1971—was born on this date.
- 1951: Chuck Connors of the Los Angeles Angels became the first player to oppose the major league draft. He later became the star of the television Western, “The Rifleman.”
- 1958: The cargo freighter SS Carl D. Bradley sank during a storm in Lake Michigan, claiming 33 of the 35 lives on board it.
- 1959: “Ben-Hur,” the Biblical-era spectacle starring Charlton Heston, had its world premiere in New York City.
- 1961: President John F. Kennedy[ii] sends 18,000 military advisors to South Vietnam to help them in their fight with the Viet Cong.
- 1962: Nobel prize-winning physicist Niels Bohr died in his native Denmark at age 77.
- 1963: The Bell System introduced the first commercial touch-tone telephone system in Carnegie and Greensburg, Pennsylvania.
- 1964: FBI Director and bigot J. Edgar Hoover[iii] describes the Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. as the “most notorious liar.”
- 1965: The 33rd vice president of the United States—Democrat Henry A. Wallace, who served 1941-45—died on this date.
- 1966: U.S. Roman Catholic Church bishops did away with the rule against eating meat on Fridays outside of Lent. Elsewhere, Sandy Koufax of the Los Angeles Dodgers announced his retirement from Major League Baseball on this date.
- 1969: Apollo 12 astronauts Charles “Pete” Conrad Jr. and Alan L. Bean landed on the lunar surface during the second manned mission to the moon.
- 1972: Danny Whitten—guitarist/vocalist with the band, Crazy Horse, 1968-1972, lost his battle with drug usage on this date.
- 1976: After 37 years of dictatorship, Spain’s parliament approved a bill that would establish a democracy in the nation.
- 1978: U.S. Representative Leo J. Ryan, Democrat-California, and four others died in Jonestown, Guyana; members of the People’s Temple followed the killings followed by a night of mass murder and suicide by more than 900 cult members.
- 1983: Argentina announced its ability to produce enriched uranium for use in nuclear weapons.
- 1985: Joe Theismann, quarterback of the Washington Redskins, broke his leg from a horrifying hit by Lawrence Taylor of the New York Giants, a hit so savage that it ended his 12-year NFL career. Meanwhile, the new comic strip created by Bill Watterson- Calvin and Hobbes- underwent first publication.
- 1987: The congressional Iran-Contra[iv] committees issued their final report, saying President Ronald Reagan bore “ultimate responsibility” for wrongdoing by his aides. A fire at London King’s Cross railway station claimed 31 lives. Finally, CBS announced it had agreed to sell its record division to Sony Corp. for about $2 billion.
- 1990: Saddam Hussein, Iraq’s dictator offers to free an estimated 2,000 Kuwaitis and Europeans if the Coalition does not attack his nation.
- 1991: Shiite Muslim kidnappers in Lebanon freed Anglican Church envoy Terry Waite and Thomas Sutherland, the American dean of agriculture at the American University of Beirut.
- 1993: Black and white leaders in South Africa approve a new democratic constitution to put the reborn nation back on its feet. Meanwhile, the U.S. House of Representatives joined the Senate in approving legislation aimed at protecting abortion facilities, staff, and patients from ‘anti-abortion nuts.’
- 1994: Bandleader Cab Calloway died in Hockessin, Delaware, at age 86.
- 2003: The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court ruled 4-3 that the state constitution guaranteed homosexual couples the right to marry.
- 2004: The William Jefferson Clinton Presidential Library and Museum opens in Little Rock, Arkansas, with 2 million photographs and 80 million documents. Meanwhile, Britain outlawed fox hunting in England and Wales.
- 2008: Detroit’s Big Three automakers pleaded with Congress for a $25 billion lifeline, warning of a national economic catastrophe should they collapse. Meanwhile, Belgium-based InBev SA formed the world’s largest brewer with its $52 billion takeover of U.S.-based Anheuser-Busch Cos. Inc. Elsewhere, Boston’s Dustin Pedroia won the American League MVP award, becoming the first second baseman to earn the honor in nearly half-a-century.
- 2009: The 2009 Corruption Perception Index declares Somalia to be the worst for corruption and New Zealand the least out of 181 countries.
- 2013: NASA completes a launch of the MAVEN; whose mission is to study Mars atmosphere in depth’ the data from the MAVEN will help researchers construct a history of the climate on Mars and should help them understand how the water on Mars disappeared.
- 2014: After holding pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong, the Chinese government sends in the police to clear out the protesters after a court gave them the order to do so.[v]
- 2017: Malcolm Young- rhythm guitarist for the Australian heavy metal rock band, AC/DC, 1973-2014 when he suffered a massive stroke- died on this date.
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, President Chester A. Arthur, Vice President Henry A. Wallace, Mike Carabello, Santana, Danny Whitten, Crazy Horse, Blue Cheer- Eric Albronda, Malcolm Young, AC/DC, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Mark Weitz, The Pittsburgh Steelers v. the Cleveland Browns, “Perry Mason”, Raymond Burr, “Dukes of Hazard”, “Matlock”, O. Bologolo, Political Topics and Essays, Colin Blunstone, Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, Alzheimer’s disease, Steny Hoyer, James Clyburn, AOC, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, Ayanna Pressley, Baby Evita, AOC’s “(Suicide) Squad[vi], Joe Biden, Donald Trump, The “Hook” for Nancy Pelosi,
FEATURED ALBUM OF THE DAY:
Colin Blunstone (vocals/guitars) released his next solo album, the less-than-popular but genuinely good album, “Never Even Thought,” on June 15, 1978. For this celebrated English vocalist, not all of his albums were released in the United States but this one was on Elton John’s Rocket Label. As always, the song choices fit his voice and the music is a delight to hear. We hope you will seek this one out at Amazon.com and give it a listen as we think if you are a fan of his parent band- as well as his former bandmates such as Rod Argent- you will enjoy it. Please, check it out now. We thank you.
SPECIAL ALBUMS OF THE DAY:
Posted at the Monday, February 25, 2013 Blog Post:
Today’s album is Frank Zappa’s twenty-first solo album, “Boulez conducts Zappa—Perfect Stranger,” came out in 1983 and is another fine installment in the Frank Zappa-Mothers of Invention saga. This time, we have a great composer and conductor performing the music of Mr. Zappa, making it a celebration of eclecticism, the exotic, and the absurd. Please take the handy link posted above, go to Amazon.com, and buy this CD now. By doing so, you help us out a great deal and we do appreciate it and thank you for it.
Posted @ the Friday, September 26, 2014 Blog Post B:
The Yardbirds released their next compilation album, the four-CD box set, “Happenings Ten Years-Time Ago 1964-1968,” on May 13, 2008. This album featured cuts from every recording through “Little Games,” featuring 27 cuts from all the band’s original albums all in one place which is good enough reason to seek this one out and add it to your collection. You definitely will enjoy it as it is one of the all-time best rock compilations of all time; please, search for it now and enjoy.
[i] This violent football game took place on November 14, 2019 on Thursday Night Football. The Browns beat the Steelers for the first time in nine tries and in the final eight seconds, violence broke out as Steelers QB Mason Rudolph was sacked yet again in what should have been the final play of the game. It is clear that he must have been upset because the Steelers were playing like an expansion team rather than a storied franchise. Yes, they were missing key players but they gave up early on and failed to protect their quarterback. The Browns were playing like the Cincinnati Bengals, acting like thugs when there was no call to play that way.
[ii] Once again, a Democratic president initiates a war that would cost more than 57,000 U.S. lives and millions of Vietnamese.
[iii] It is important to note that deceased FBI Director Hoover was a notorious racist as well as a closet homosexual. He had it out for Dr. King.
[iv] It is interesting to note that Democrats pursue every Republican president and have since the days of Richard M. Nixon. Nixon truly did not deserve to be driven from office and he should not have allowed the Democrats to drive him out as since that time, they attempt to overturn every election they fail to win.
[v] The Chinese have the right to run Hong Kong as they see fit.
[vi] We call AOC’s girl group the ‘suicide squad’ because they crazy women are going to kill their political careers. Ilhan Omar is a racist bigot who hates Jews, Rashida Tlaib is an angry, hostile skank, and AOC is as commie as they come. If Pressley were smart, she would disassociate herself from these corrupt skanks and has by signing onto Elizabeth Warren’s campaign instead of going full-on Bernie like the others.
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK OUR PATRONS AND BENEFACTORS FOR KEEPING OUR BLOGS UP-AND-RUNNING. WE APPRECIATE WHAT THEY DO AS SHOULD YOU. WE ALSO THANK GOOGLE FOR BEING THE GREAT ORGANIZATION THEY ARE…AND FRIENDS AND FOLLOWERS, BUY MORE OF THE GOODS WE OFFER AS EVERY PURCHASE KEEPS THE LIGHTS ON, THE WATER RUNNING, AND THE PLUMBING WORKING…