The AICP-END Blog
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
TODAY IN HISTORY—SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2020:
National Grandparents’ Day
U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice William Cushing; Acting U.S. Secretary of Defense William Howard Taft IV; Black Sabbath featuring Vinny Appice, Chicago featuring Peter Cetera, Eddie Money, Elvis Presley, Foghat featuring Craig MacGregor, and the Who featuring Zak Starkey:
- 122: In Roman Britain, building commences on Hadrian’s Wall.
- 604: Sabinius begins his reign as Catholic Pope, replacing Pope Gregory the Great.
- 1743: Britain, Austria, Savoy, and Sardinia sign the Treaty of Worms.
- 1751: England joins the Austrian-Russian alliance.
- 1759: During the last French and Indian War, the British defeated the French on the Plains of Abraham overlooking the city of Quebec.
- 1788: The Congress of the Confederation authorized the first national election and declared New York City the temporary national capital.
- 1803: Commodore John Barry, considered by many to be the father of the American Navy, died in Philadelphia.
- 1810: The 3rd U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice William Cushing died in Scituate, Massachusetts, on this date. President George Washington nominated him to be among the first justices on the new nation’s highest court. He served from 02-02-1790 to 09-13-1810.
- 1814: During the War of 1812, British naval forces began bombarding Fort McHenry in Baltimore but the American defenders drove them back in a battle that lasted until the following morning.
- 1847: During the Mexican American War, U.S. troops under the command of General Winfield Scott overrun the capital city of Mexico City.
- 1860: John J. Pershing, who in 1919 would be promoted to general of the armies of the United States, the Army’s highest rank, was born in Laclede, Mo., on this date. Due to his leading black troops on the frontier and in Mexico, he would earn the nickname of “Black Jack.”
- 1861: In the first naval engagement of the Civil War, the Union frigate USS Colorado sinks the Confederate raider, CSS Judah off Pensacola, Florida.
- 1867: In the aftermath of the Civil War, General E. R. S. Canby orders South Carolina courts to impanel black jurors.
- 1898 Monday: Hannibal Williston Goodwin patented celluloid photographic film on this date, film moviemakers use.
- 1911 Wednesday: The song, “Oh, You Beautiful Doll,” a romantic rag by Nat D. Ayer and Seymour Brown, was first published by Jerome H. Remick & Co.
- 1912 Friday: A state funeral took place in Japan for Emperor Meiji.
- 1922 Wednesday: In El Azizia, Libya, meteorologists record the highest shade temperature in known history, 136.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 1935 Friday: Aviator Howard Hughes Jr. of Houston, Texas, set a new airspeed record of 352 mph with his H-1 airplane, aka the Silver Bullet.
- 1940 Friday: During World War II, Italian troops under Field Marshal Graziani continue attacking the Egyptian frontier.
- 1942 Sunday: On the Eastern Front, the Battle for Stalingrad continues to rage as Soviet and Axis combat units battle across the rubble for control of the city.
- 1943 Monday: Axis troops launch a counterattack against the Allies at the Italian city of Salerno. Meanwhile, Chiang Kai-shek becomes the president of China.
- 1944 Wednesday: Future longtime bassist with the American rock band, Chicago[i] 1967-1985—Peter Cetera—is born in the USA on this date.
- 1945 Thursday: In Washington, D.C., future acting U.S. Secretary of Defense William Howard Taft IV is born. A Republican, he would serve President George H. W. Bush from 01-20-1989 to 03-21-1989. He would serve between the 16th U.S. Secretary of Defense Frank Carlucci and the 17th Richard “Dick” Cheney.
- 1948 Monday: Republican Margaret Chase Smith of Maine won election to the U.S. Senate; she became the first woman to serve in both houses of Congress.
- 1949 Tuesday: Future longtime bassist with the British rock band, Foghat[ii] 1976-1984 / 1986-87 / 1991 / 2005-present–Craig MacGregor–is born in Iowa on this date. Meanwhile, organizers found the Ladies Professional Golf Association on this date.
- 1957 Friday: Future drummer with the British satanic rock band, Black Sabbath[iii]—Vinny Appice—is born in the USA on this date.
- 1959 Sunday: Elvis Presley[iv] first met his future wife, 14-year-old Priscilla Beaulieu while stationed in West Germany in the U.S. Army. They married in 1967 and divorced in 1973. Meanwhile, the Soviet Union’s Luna 2 became the first space probe to reach the moon.
- 1960 Tuesday: The U.S. Federal Communications Commission banned payola, meaning record producers and artists could no longer ‘pay’ radio disc jockeys money to air their music. What a load of crap!
- 1962 Thursday: Mississippi Governor Ross Barnett rejected the U.S. Supreme Court’s order for the University of Mississippi to admit James Meredith, a black student, declaring in a televised address, “We will not drink from the cup of genocide.”
- 1963 Friday: The “Outer Limits” premieres on ABC-TV.
- 1965 Monday: Future drummer with the British rock band, the Who[v] (and son of former Beatles[vi] drummer Ringo), Zak Starkey, is born in London, England, on this date.
- 1968 Friday: The Balkan nation of Albania withdraws from the Warsaw Pact.
- 1970 Sunday: The first New York City Marathon took place; winner Gary Muhrcke finished the 26.2-mile run, which took place entirely inside Central Park, in 2:31:38.
- 1971 Monday: Eleven guards and 31 prisoners die in the aftermath of the Attica Prison riots as police and guards stormed the prison on this date to reinstall order after four days of rape, torture, and murder.
- 1973 Thursday: Congress passes a bill and sends it to President Richard M. Nixon to lift the blackout of all NFL games.
- 1974 Saturday: The television show, “The Rockford Files,” starring James Garner, premieres on NBC-TV. In addition to that show, “Chico and the Man,” starring Jack Albertson and Freddie Prinze as well as “Police Woman,” starring Angie Dickenson, premiered on the same channel.
- 1989 Wednesday: Fay Vincent won election as commissioner of Major League Baseball, succeeding the late A. Bartlett Giamatti.
- 1990 Thursday: Iraqi troops storm the French Embassy in Kuwait City during their invasion of the country.
- 1993 Monday: At the White House, Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and PLO chair Yasser Arafat shook hands after signing an accord granting limited Palestinian autonomy. Elsewhere, “Late Night with Conan O’Brien,” premiered on NBC-TV.
- 1996 Thursday: Rapper Tupac Shakur[vii] died at a Las Vegas hospital six days after other thugs shot him in a drive-by shooting; he was 25.
- 1997 Saturday: Funeral services were held in Calcutta, India, for Nobel peace laureate Mother Theresa on this date.
- 1998 Sunday: Former Alabama Governor George C. Wallace died in Montgomery at age 79.
- 2001 Thursday: Two days after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the first few jetliners returned to the nation’s skies, but several major airports remained closed and others opened only briefly. President George W. Bush visited injured Pentagon workers and said he would carry the nation’s prayers to New York.
- 2004 Monday: U.S. warplanes in Iraq unleashed devastating airstrikes on a suspected hideout for operatives from an al-Qaida-linked group the same a video posted on a Website in the name of the militants purportedly showed the beheading of a kidnapped Turkish truck driver.
- 2008 Saturday: Rescue crews ventured to pluck people from their homes in an all-out search for thousands of Texans who had stubbornly stayed behind overnight to face Hurricane Ike.
- 2011 Tuesday: Raul Castro, president of Cuba, declares that the country will lay off 500,000 state workers to improve the island nation’s struggling economy.
- 2012 Thursday: Only two days after his government naming him to his new post, Shinichi Nishimiya, the newly appointed Japanese ambassador to China goes to the hospital after collapsing in Tokyo. Meanwhile, in Moscow, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev calls for the freeing of homegrown Russian rock band, Pussy Riot.
- 2013 Friday: India’s Bharatiya Janata Party names Narendra Modi as their leader in the next general election. Meanwhile, the ‘religion of peace,’ Islam, strikes yet again as a mosque bombing in Baghdad, Iraq, kills at least 30 people and injures numerous others.
- 2014 Saturday: Because other Arab states are unhappy with Qatar’s support of the Muslim Brotherhood, Qatar asks its followers to leave its country. One of the charges leveled against Qatar and its support is that the nation received state secrets from Muslim Brotherhood member and former Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi.
- 2015 Sunday: California Governor Jerry “Moonbeam” Brown declares a state of emergency after wildfires devastate Napa and Lake Counties. Meanwhile, in Germany, even that nation is forced to temporarily close its borders as wave after wave of wandering Muslim ‘refugees and migrants’ continue struggling to get in, after crossing over from Turkey or sailing in leaky boats from North Africa. When will it stop?[viii]
- 2016 Tuesday: Following news that her health is not all that good, Democratic Presidential nominee Hillary Rodham Clinton promises to release additional medical records so the public can learn about her various conditions. Meanwhile, new video is released from a Trump rally in North Carolina that shows a Trump supporter sucker-punching a young leftist protester smack dab in the chops as security leads the little wimp out of the arena. Elsewhere, former British Prime Minister David Cameron steps down from Parliament.
- 2017 Wednesday: In the aftermath of outgoing Hurricane Irma, first responders in Hollywood, Florida, try to rescue senior citizens trapped in a rest home sans electricity and air conditioning with at least 11 dead already. WTF! Meanwhile, U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres says that after the Myanmar military has cracked down on its Rohingya Muslims that 370,000 have fled to Bangladesh. He calls this ‘catastrophic.’ Myanmar doesn’t think so.
- 2018 Thursday: President Donald J. Trump dismissed the finding of public health experts who estimated that nearly 3,000 people had died in Puerto Rico from the effects of Hurricane Maria. The death toll was nowhere near what his enemies proclaimed it to be. Meanwhile, former UK Prime Minister and now head of the Global Extremist Monitor Tony Blair reports that in ‘2017, 121 Islamic extremist groups took the lives of at least 84,000 people around the world.’ Again, got to love the so-called ‘religion of peace.’ When is Islam going to undergo a reformation? Finally, do-gooders in Spain vote to exhume the body of the ‘savior of Spain’ Generalissimo “El Caudillo” Francisco Franco from the Valley of the Fallen. The man saved that country from communism, people. Leave him where he lies.
- 2019 Friday: Rock star Eddie Money lost his battle with cancer on this date and died in Los Angeles, California, at age 70. Elsewhere, for her part in the college admissions scandal, actress Felicity Huffman receives a sentence of 14 days in the clink.
- 2020 Sunday: Folks, here are the numbers for the Xi Jinping Yellow Bat Flu- the -so-called Pelosi Pox: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 28,883,504 confirmed cases, +276,778, 922,197, confirmed deaths, +4,780, and 19,530,273 confirmed recoveries, +241,288. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 6,608,703 confirmed cases, up 36,035 from yesterday’s reporting, 197,063 confirmed deaths, UP 517, and 3,570,592 confirmed recoveries, UP 14,915. Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 760,581 confirmed cases, 14,333 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 10,696 confirmed cases, 97 confirmed deaths, and 3,418 confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 82,958 confirmed cases, 2,080 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other state: North Dakota- currently, they have 15,577 confirmed cases, 170 confirmed deaths, and 12,655 confirmed recoveries- thank you, Governor Dough Burgum, you are a good person!
- 2020 Sunday A: Following the shootings of two L.A. Sheriff’s deputies in Compton, California, a 31-year-old female and a recent graduate of the academy, a 24-year-old male while they sat in their patrol car, law enforcement in the city put out a $100,000 reward leading to the arrest of the POS shooter who strolled up to their car and shot each in the head. At the time of this publishing, both are in critical condition fighting for their lives. Meanwhile, as Tropical Storm Sally roils off the west coast of Florida, expected to make landfall tomorrow along the Mississippi-Louisiana coastline, Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards declares a state of emergency. Speaking of storms, Hurricane Paulette in the Atlantic Ocean is making landfall in Bermuda as we speak.
- 2020 Sunday B: Failed Democratic candidate and former New York City Mayor announces he is going to dump $100,000,000 into Florida to help win it for “Pro-China Joe” Biden. Wow, how do we apply for some of those greenbacks? Ah, well, polls show that Biden-Harris lead Trump-Pence across the nation by a comfortable margin of 51%-46%. Speaking of President Trump, he is blitzing Nevada today meeting with all sorts of groups and speaking before large groups of people. Still, Dems claim he is going to lose. Elsewhere, House Homeland Security Committee Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-LA, says he sent a subpoena to acting Homeland Security Director Chad Wolf demanding he appear before the committee to answer questions on September 17. Acting Secretary Wolf says he ‘will be happy to do so but first, he has to undergo the confirmation process so he can sit before them as the DHS director.
- 2020 Sunday C: The Chi-Coms are sniveling and whining that ‘President Trump is the fomenter of regional unrest in Asia.’ Wah, wah, wah, no wonder the Chinese Communist Party is supporting the campaign of “Pro-China Joe” Biden and Willie Brown’s ‘mattress,’ Sen. Kamala Harris. The Chi-Coms are supporting Biden, the Russians are supporting Biden, the Iranians are supporting Biden, the Cubans are supporting Biden, hell, every country that hates the United States is supporting “Pro-China Joe” Biden- what does that tell you? Elsewhere, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson says ‘legislation is required’ to negotiate a free-trade deal with the European Union whom the PM says is threatening to blockade the Irish Sea. WTF? Finally, the western United States continues burning, homes are destroyed, people are dying all because the three governors of California, Oregon, and Washington won’t do proper forestry management. Read tomorrow’s post in which, Chef Gervais says it’s because their retirement programs for public employees suck up approximately 90% of each state’s budget so it’s burn baby burn.
- 2020 Sunday D: Today is the first Sunday of the NFL’s 101st season. Here are the current scores: (1) Seattle Seahawks 38, Atlanta Falcons 25. (2) Buffalo Bills 27, New York Jets 17. (3) Chicago Bears 27, Detroit Lions 23. (4) New England Patriots 21, Miami Dolphins 11. (5) Washington REDSKINS 27, Philadelphia Eagles 17. (6) Baltimore Ravens 38, Cleveland Browns 6. (7) Green Bay Packers 43, Minnesota Vikings 34. (8) Jacksonville Jaguars 27, Indianapolis Colts 20. (9) New Orleans Saints 34, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 23 (we predict a few more losses for the Bucs and Brady and Gronk will sign one day contracts with the New England Patriots so they can retire in Patriot uniforms). (10) San Diego Chargers 16, Cincinnati Bengals 13. (11) Arizona Cardinals 24, San Francisco 49ers 20. (12) Oakland Raiders 34, Carolina Panthers 31. Sunday Night Football: (13) Los Angeles Rams 20, Dallas Cowboys 17.
- 2020 Sunday E: You know the score: every day we await to see what the Democratic Party and their Chi-Com overlords have done today. Stay tuned…
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0220 a 48” x 24” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Almost Heaven.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Electric Light Orchestra released their biggest seller to date, “Secret Messages,” on June 07, 1983. The album was somewhat a change in direction featuring the lineup of Jeff Lynne (vocals, guitars, synthesizers), Bev Bevin (drums/percussion), Richard Tandy (keyboards, guitars, backing vocals), and Kelly Groucutt (bass, backing vocals). This is a concept album in which composer Jeff Lynne answers allegations of ‘Satanic messages’ contained within the music and lyrics of earlier albums. Folks, this is a superb addition to the group’s growing discography, one we hope you will beat the bushes searching for as it contains some glitzy tunes such as “Rock and Roll is King” and “Secret Messages.” First-rate music by one of the all-time best bands of the era.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 09-13-2020, all rights reserved.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, Black Sabbath, Vinny Appice, Chicago, Peter Cetera, Elvis Presley, Craig MacGregor, Foghat, the Who, Zak Starkey, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice William Cushing, Eddie Money, Acting U.S. Secretary of Defense William Howard Taft IV, Electric Light Orchestra,
TODAY IN HISTORY, SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 13, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Sunday, September 13, 2020:
[i] We will present the music of Chicago sometime in 2030 so we hope you will remain with us until then.
[ii] We began promoting the music of Foghat, one of the all-time greatest rock bands to explode out of England, beginning on Monday, 18-February-2018 through Monday, 19-March-2018. We hope you will seek the music of this celebrated group out by checking out the blog posts on those dates.
[iii] Not exactly sure when we will begin promoting the music of Black Sabbath but when we do we will definitely follow them with AC/DC, the wild and wooly and definitely demonic Australian rock band.
[iv] When the time will be right for the presentation of Elvis Presley is unknown but if we are still going strong in the 2030s, we expect to do so. Please, stay tuned.
[v] We promoted the music of the Who and of its individual band members beginning on Monday, 03-August-2015 through Sunday, 29-November-2015. We hope you will seek out the music of this veteran British band as well as of Pete Townsend, John Entwistle, Keith Moon, and Roger Daltrey. We know you will enjoy them.
[vi] We began promoting the music of both the Beatles and the band’s individual components on Friday, 04-November-2016 through Sunday, 11-June-2018. Besides the Beatles, we also promoted the music of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and George Harrison as well as the Traveling Wilburys.
[vii] Tupac Shakur? It could be 40 years before we begin promoting the music of rappers. Please join us every day for that glorious day- you will be glad you did but NO Eminem. Fuck him- he hates his mother.
[viii] Many educated people believe that these so-called migrants are the advance waves of a Muslim invading army designed to bring Western Civilization down by overrunning Europe. It must stop and it has to stop; otherwise, the world will transform into something it was never intended to be: Sharia-ruled slave states with despots at the top.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR