TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
TODAY IN HISTORY—JULY 04, 2020:
Independence Day- Happy Birthday, America!
Presidents John Adams—Thomas Jefferson—(and U.S. Secretary of War) James Monroe, and Calvin Coolidge; Vice President Hannibal Hamlin; U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice Melville Fuller; U.S. Secretary of State and U.S. Secretary of War William L. Marcy; the Animals featuring Dave Rowberry, Blondie featuring Nigel Harrison, Canned Heat featuring Alan Wilson, Electric Flag featuring Harvey Brooks, Fleetwood Mac featuring Jeremy Spencer, INXS featuring Kirk Pengilly, and “Give Peace a Chance” by the Plastic Ono Band:
- 1453: At Breslau, Germany, 41 Jewish martyrs are burned at the stake.
- 1776: The amended Declaration of Independence, prepared by Thomas Jefferson, was approved, and signed by John Hancock, the President of the Continental Congress in America.
- 1796: The first Independence Day celebration takes place in the United States.
- 1802: The United States Military Academy officially opened at West Point, New York.
- 1803: The Louisiana Purchase was announced in newspapers. The U.S. purchased the property from France for $15 million or 4 cents an acre. Meanwhile, the “Corps of Discovery,” led by Meriwether Lewis and William Clark, began the exploration of the territory on May 14, 1804.
- 1817: Construction began on the Erie Canal to connect Lake Erie and the Hudson River. The middle section of the waterway required three years to complete; the entire canal was finished in 1825.
- 1826: The second President of the United States—John Adams—as well as the third President of the United States—Thomas Jefferson[i]—died in Charlottesville, Virginia, on this date. Prior to becoming president, he also served the nation as its first official secretary of state, serving under President George Washington from 03-22-1790 to 12-31-1793.
- 1831: The fifth president of the United States—James Monroe—died on this date. He also served the nation as its eighth secretary of war. He served under President James Madison from 09-27-1814 to 03-02-1815 and then became president.
- 1845: American writer Henry David Thoreau began his two-year experiment in simple living at Walden Pond, near Concord, Massachusetts.
- 1848: In Washington, D.C., developers lay the cornerstone of the Washington Memorial.
- 1857: In Ballston Spa, New York, former 21stS. Secretary of State William L. Marcy died. A Democratic-Republican and then a Democrat, he served under President Franklin Pierce from 03-07-1853 to 03-06-1857. As 20th U.S. Secretary of War, he Served under President James K. Polk from 03-06-1845 to March-04-1849.
- 1863: The Civil War Siege of Vicksburg, Mississippi, ended as Confederate forces surrendered to the Union troops. Meanwhile, General Robert E. Lee’s troops begin their withdrawal from Gettysburg.
- 1872: Future 30th President of the United States—Republican Calvin Coolidge—is born on this date. Prior to becoming president, he served as vice president under President Warren G. Harding as the 29th vice president of the country.
- 1881: Booker T. Washington establishes Tuskegee Institute in Alabama.
- 1886: The first rodeo in America took place Prescott, Arizona.
- 1891: The 15th Vice President of the United States 1861-1865 under President Abraham Lincoln—Republican Hannibal Hamlin—died on this date.
- 1892: On this date, San Diego inaugurated the first double-checked streetcar service.
- 1894: The Republic of Hawaii is proclaimed with Sanford B. Dole (of Dole Pineapple) as its president.
- 1906: Great Britain, France, and Italy grant independence to Ethiopia.
- 1910: In Sorrento, Maine, the 50thS. Supreme Court and 8th Chief Justice of the United States- Melville Fuller- died on this date. President Grover Cleveland nominated Fuller to fill the seat of Chief Justice Morrison Waite; Fuller served on the nation’s high court from 07-20-1888 to 07-04-1910. Meanwhile, in what was billed as “The Fight of the Century,” black world heavyweight boxing champion Jack Johnson defeated white former champ James J. Jeffries in Reno, Nevada.
- 1911: At Nashua, New Hampshire, a state record for the hottest day is set as temperatures hit 106°F.
- 1912: The 48-star American flag recognizing New Mexico’s statehood was adopted. Elsewhere, a train wreck near Corning, New York, claimed 39 lives.
- 1917: During a ceremony in Paris honoring the French hero of the American Revolution, U.S. Army Lt. Col. Charles E. Stanton, an aide to Maj. Gen. John J. “Blackjack” Pershing, declared, “Lafayette, we are here!”
- 1934: Boxer Joe Louis won his first professional fight.
- 1939: Lou Gehrig of the New York Yankees delivered his famous farewell speech in which, he called himself the “luckiest man in the world.”
- 1940: Dave Rowberry, the man who replaced Alan Price in the English rock band, the Animals[ii], and played with them from 1965-1966 and again from 1999-2003 was born in England on this date.
- 1941: Latvians joining the Nazi and Axis cause in the early days of Operation Barbarossa, capture and execute 416 Jews. Meanwhile, the Yugoslav politburo undergoes reorganization with Tito coming out on top.
- 1942: The first U.S. Army Air Force bombing raid over Nazi-occupied Europe happens on this date during World War II.
- 1943: Alan Wilson, vocalist, and guitarist with the rock band Canned Heat[iii] was born.
- 1944: The first Japanese Kamikaze attacks against the U.S. fleet anchored off Iwo Jima takes place during World War II. Meanwhile, in the USA, future bassist with the rock band, Electric Flag[iv]—Harvey Brooks—is born on this date.
- 1946: The Philippines achieved full independence for the first time in over four-hundred years.
- 1948: Jeremy Spencer, one of the original guitarists of British rock band Fleetwood Mac[v] is born.
- 1958: Kirk Pengilly, future member of the Australian rock band, INXS[vi], (guitars/saxophones/vocals 1977-2012), is born in that nation on today’s date.
- 1959: America’s 49-star flag recognizing Alaskan statehood was officially unfurled.
- 1960: America’s 50-star flag, recognizing Hawaiian statehood, was officially unfurled.
- 1964: The Beach Boys’ “I Get Around” reaches #1.[vii]
- 1966: President Lyndon Baines Johnson signs the Freedom of Information Act.
- 1969: The Plastic Ono Band[viii] releases the song, “Give Peace a Chance” in the United Kingdom.
- 1976: Israeli commandoes raided the airport at Entebbe, Uganda, rescuing almost all the crew and passengers of an Air France jetliner seized by pro- Palestinian
- 1977: Nigel Harrison replaces Gary Valentine as the bassist of the rock group, Blondie[ix].
- 1980: Nolan Ryan becomes the 4th Major League Baseball pitcher to strike out 3,000 batters.
- 1982: The Space Shuttle Columbia concluded its fourth and final test flight with a smooth landing at Edwards Air Force Base in eastern Kern County.
- 1987 Saturday: “The Butcher of Lyon” Nazi Klaus Barbie receives the sentence of life in prison for the crimes he committed in their city during World War II. He died in September 1991.
- 1997 Friday: The Mars Pathfinder, an unmanned spacecraft, landed on Mars. A rover named Sojourner then deployed to the planet to gather data about the surface of the planet. Meanwhile, CBS newsman Charles Kuralt died in New York at age 62.
- 2009 Saturday: After eight years of closure due to the attacks of September 11, 2001, and renovations, the crown atop the Statue of Liberty reopens to the public. Amazing!
- 2010 Sunday: An Iranian woman sentenced to death by stoning for allegedly committing adultery takes place on this date; Iranian human rights activist Mina Ahadi attempts to stop this barbaric act but fails.
- 2011 Monday: Author J. K. Rowling—creator of the Harry Potter series among others—ends her 15-year working relationship with her agent, Christopher Little.
- 2012 Wednesday: In the Galilee region of northern Israel in an ancient synagogue, archaeologists uncover a coin bearing the likeness of the Biblical Sampson with an inscription in Hebrew.
- 2013 Thursday: Deep in the jungles of Brazil, researchers discover a new, heretofore unknown species of lizard no more than the size of a coin and weighing less than one gram. Elsewhere, Egypt’s interim president, Adly Mansour, was sworn in following the ouster of Mohammed Morsi, the Islamist leader and friend of President Barack Hussein Obama overthrown by the military after just one year in office. Finally, on the Fourth of July, a wave of shootings occur across Chicago as 12 people are shot dead and at least another 60 are wounded to varying degrees. Yet, NO one ever talks about the Black on Black Genocide occurring in the Windy City because Democrats have controlled the city since the early 1930s. WTF!
- 2014 Friday: The European Banking Authority cautions banks against accepting or trading in virtual currencies such as Bitcoin until the European Commission can find a way to regulate such transactions; regulators cited the risk of fraud and money laundering.
- 2015 Saturday: UNESCO has added new sites to its World Heritage list, including the regions of Champagne and Burgundy in France, both Susa and the cultural setting of Maiman in Iran, and the Singapore Botanical Gardens, among others.
- 2016 Monday: NASA’s Juno spacecraft successfully enters the orbit of the gas giant planet, Jupiter.
- 2017 Tuesday: The United States confirmed that North Korea had launched an intercontinental ballistic missile, as the North had boasted and the U.S. and South Korea had feared. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called it a “new escalation of the threat” to the U.S.
- 2018 Wednesday: British police said two Britons who fell critically ill in the town of Amesbury were exposed to nerve agent Novichok, the same material used to poison a former Russian spy in a nearby area months earlier. Meanwhile, in the “Bastion of Freedom” Hong Kong, their top court rules that homosexual couples are entitled to the same rights as heterosexual couples. Of course, this drives the communists on the mainland insane.
- 2019 Thursday: Near the town of Ridgecrest, California, in northeastern Kern County, home of the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, aka the AICPENDBLOG.COM, a 6.4 earthquake- the largest in the state in 20 years- slams the desert community. Meanwhile, the United Nations points its impotent finger at Venezuela, accusing the socialist-communist nation where Chavismo reigns supreme of using death squads and an agenda of terror to keep the population subdued. The world body points to the fact that in 2018, at least 5,287 people lost their lives at the hands of the police and their communist Cuban goon squad, supposedly for ‘resisting arrest.’ IF the world body is so concerned, do what the hell the civilized nations and the Soviet Union created the world body to do, to stop this kind of crap by mobilizing troops and sending them there to topple the government of bus driver President Nicolas Maduro. Do it NOW! Elsewhere, in Washington, D.C., President Donald J. Trump holds a “Salute to America” celebration with U.S. military personnel, tanks on the Washington Mall so people can view military equipment for which their tax dollars pay as well as various military aircraft doing flyovers. It was awesome to witness although the Democrats were weeping and wailing over the fact that ‘Trump used the military to promote an authoritarian agenda.’ [x]
- 2020 Saturday: Here are today’s COVID-19 Wuhan Virus, aka the Xi Jinping Bat Flu, aka the Chinese Flu, you know, the Chinese “gift” that won’t stop giving, statistics for today: 11,093,182 confirmed cases, UP 219,036, 525,491 confirmed deaths, UP 4,136, and 5,890,052 confirmed recoveries, UP 122,642. In the United States, here are today’s numbers: 2,859,696 confirmed cases, UP 63,604 new cases, 131,549 confirmed deaths, UP 693, and 864,996 confirmed recoveries, UP 81,23. Next, in the three states where the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 248,235 confirmed cases, 6,263 confirmed deaths, but thanks to Gov. Gavin Newsom being little more than a festering POS, NO mention of confirmed recoveries. In Hawaii, here are the stats: 975 confirmed cases, 19 confirmed deaths, and 754 confirmed recoveries. Finally, in the too-far-left-to-save-state-of-Washington, here are the stats: 34,919 confirmed cases, 1,352 confirmed deaths, and like California’s worthless governor, Gov. Jay Inslee won’t list the number of confirmed recoveries.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0149 a 40” x 60” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Purple Mountain Majesty.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Pink Floyd released their next multi-disc set, the historic “1970 Deviation” on March 24, 2017 which features their first number one UK album, “Atom Heart Mother” as well as the music- and additional music- that ended up in the movie, “Zabriskie Point.” All sorts of extras and additions are included so for the cost of about $44 you can get a delightful box set of wonderful music that will provide you with listening enjoyment for years- if not decades- to come. We thank you. Enjoy!
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 07-04-2020, all rights reserved.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, President John Adams, President Thomas Jefferson, President James Monroe, President Calvin Coolidge, Vice President Hannibal Hamlin, Dave Rowberry, Alan Price, the Animals, Alan Wilson, Canned Heat, Electric Flag, Harvey Brooks, Nigel Harrison, Gary Valentine, Blondie, “Give Peace a Chance” by the Plastic Ono Band, Jeremy Spencer, Fleetwood Mac, Kirk Pengilly, INXS, Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court Melville Fuller, Pink Floyd, U.S. Secretary of State William L. Marcy, U.S. Secretary of War William L. Marcy,
TODAY IN HISTORY, SATURDAY JULY 04, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
[i] Little would President Thomas Jefferson would ever know, about 190 some years later, American communists in Black Lives Matter and Antifa and other left-wing, Democrat-funded group would revile this brave founding father and American leader as an EVIL SLAVEOWNER to which we say, “F**K THEM!” We cannot judge people of the past by those of today. We must stop the vile communists, well-funded by George Soros, Beijing, and other leftist POS from destroying the nation’s heritage, both good and bad. We here at the AICPENDBLOG.COM will fight tooth and nail to protect the United States and all its history.
[ii] We began presenting the music of the Animals, of Eric Burdon and the Animals, of Eric Burdon, Eric Burdon and War, and War beginning on Monday, 08-June-2015 and the presentation ran through Sunday, 02-August-2015. We hope you will seek them out and consider making them a part of your listening enjoyment.
[iii] We began promoting the music of Canned Heat on Sunday, 05-June-2011 through Sunday, 17-July-2011. We hope you will seek them out and add them to your collection.
[iv] Not sure when exactly we will present the music of Elvin Bishop along with Electric Flag and Buddy Miles.
[v] We first began offering the music of Fleetwood Mac on Monday, 03-January-2011 through Thursday, 27-January-2011. At the time we did so- in the earliest days of our second blog- we overlooked all of the individual solo efforts by everyone, ranging from Jeremy Spencer, Danny Kirwan, Peter Green, Bob Welch, to Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks, and Lindsey Buckingham. We hope to rectify that fledgling error by doing an updated presentation sometime in the future. Please stay tuned.
[vi] We look forward to promoting the music of INXS sometime within the next 15 years or so. We hope you will be there when we do. We thank you.
[vii] We look forward to promoting the music of the Beach Boys and the group’s individual members- Brian, Carl, and Dennis Wilson as well as Alan Jardine, Mike Love, Bruce Johnson, and other members- at some point. It will be a lengthy presentation rivaling if not surpassing the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Kinks, the Who, and Genesis.
[viii] We began promoting the music of both the Beatles and the band’s individual components on Friday, 04-November-2016 through Sunday, 11-June-2018. Besides the Beatles, we also promoted the music of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and George Harrison as well as the Traveling Wilburys and the Plastic Ono Band.
[ix] We hope to promote the music of Blondie within the next 7-8 years. We hope you will be with us when we do. When we do, we will do our best to include the music of various collaborations and spin-offs from the group, seeing as how every member was extremely talented.
[x] To which, we say, “F**K the Democrats, stop the crying, shut your mouths, you insolent unpatriotic POS mother-f**kers.
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR