Chef Cheryl La Tigre
The AICP-END Blog
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
JUST THE FACTS
THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY COMMENTARY-OPINION-SPORTS-FOOD SERVICE FOR MONDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2019 BY CHEF CHERYL LA TIGRE
“Just the Facts: although the Green New Deal is exciting, bold, and new, implementing it here in Hawaii within ten years would cripple our state” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre
WINTER SESSION 2019
BLOG POST #3,039 AT THE AICP-END
618 DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2020
While the Green New Deal might sound ‘ono,’ it would prove to be a big flipping mess…
Honolulu, HI, 02-25-2019 Monday: Last September, I predicted that the Democrats were going to lose and lose big in the 2018 Mid-Term Elections as I was reading the same sources as my colleagues were, came to many of the same conclusions, and thought that once we went down in defeat, that perhaps solid, older, more patriotic Democrats would be able to wrest the party away from the kookier elements making us the laughing stock of the world.
I was wrong. The Democrats did quite well, winning back the House of Representatives, which has led to divided government and renewed vigor in going after President Donald J. Trump and some of the crooked lolos he has around him. At the same time, however, some of the people who won seats blow my mind.
I find myself holding my head in my hands and imbibing a bit more wine at the end of a long night whenever I see that pop-eyed little girl from New York, the one with the squeaky, high-pitched little girl voice, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
Now, unlike many of my colleagues who openly deride her for being a simpleton and who have bestowed the derogatory name of the “Baby Evita” on her, I will refrain from that type of language as calling other people names- even if they are genuinely numskulled or lean towards communism- is not correct in my book. I want to elevate our conversations to a higher plane and will do my best to keep this promise to you: I will be as polite as I possibly can whenever discussing our fellow human beings.
Some of the things this new generation of young firebrand leftist Democrats suggest sound somewhat goofy to me just as I am sure they do you. I find it sad that in this time of better opportunities at attaining higher educations that so many have attended university and come away from them with little to nothing to show for their time there other than big student loan debt.
The BIG STORY of the day (other than Jussie Smollett and his failed attempt at causing racial rancor via creating a phony hate crime) is this incredibly juvenile “Green New Deal.”
I applaud my mainland colleagues, Chefs Brian and Charles, for devoting so much of their valuable time to printing both the Green Party’s version and the AOC version that she proudly put forth in the House and then had to yank down, scurry out with her tail between her legs, and go to ground, so bad was her plan.
My family and I own and operate a profitable business in the nation’s 50th state as well as are lifelong residents. We put our blood, sweat, and tears, as well as every nickel we make, back into the business so we can scrape a living together for Lalo and me as well as have something to pass on to our kids.
I would think that AOC, having tended bar and most likely worked in professional food service would be aware enough to understand that the restaurant business is not one in which, owners and workers make Menehune-like temples and fish ponds of gold. We barely get by because we can charge only so much over the costs of food, labor, energy, and various sundries that allow us to give the customers high-quality for low value.
Restaurants open and close with a frequency that is disturbing to see. Many people believe that if they can open a restaurant, they can make it successful, reap in the bucks, and maybe if lucky, build a franchise that will exist in all 50 states. It is simply not like that and I would have hoped that Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez would have understood this before dreaming up a plan that will cripple my industry and many others like it.
There are ways to work to save the environment and Hawaii has blazed the trail in this regard. We exist in a fragile ecosystem, one in which, the east side of the principal islands are covered in rainforests while the western sides are covered in desert. While I am not saying that the western ends are like Death Valley, what I am saying is that vegetation is not as thick and abundant as it is on the eastern sides nor the rainfall.
If you visit neighboring Maui and climb up Haleakala, one sees a variety of vegetation that transforms from tropical to what one might find in the Sierras or in any other mainland mountain range. Pines, eucalyptus, all manner of trees. We work hard at maintaining our land, sea, and air environments and have done a spectacular job of it.
Unfortunately, to force a plan like the Green New Deal on the people of Hawaii would raise the cost of everything which already is higher than any place else on the mainland with the exception of Alaska. The cost of transport, the cost of storage, all of this makes food very expensive.
Energy prices, too, are exorbitant because we must bring our fuel from the mainland. Most of our electricity comes from oil, brought over on massive tankers to our power plants and, dare I say it, we also burn coal (although we are phasing those plants out). This is not to say that we do not have wind, solar, geothermal, and biomass (algae) as we do but as long as those sources produce miniscule amounts and cost more, oil is going to continue to be our major source of energy.
I lament the fact that Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez’s mind is not where her heart is. There is no re-transforming the state’s power generation exclusively to wind, solar, geothermal, and biomass in twenty years, much less ten. We are working on it via a Clean Power Initiative that we hope is going to enable us to become more self-sufficient but there is no way my state will ever come close to what the Green New Deal proposes.
Alas, if you want to know why I hold my head in my hands and drink more Maui wine, it does not take a genius to see that good-hearted, younger Democrats, people who have come up being taught fables and fairy tales in public schools and universities, as well have taken overdoses of Captain Planet and other claptrap ‘environmental defenders,’ or have bought Al Gore’s ‘nonfiction movie’ with abandon have no clue as to what the REAL world is like. These people will destroy our party and cost us big.
Thanks for joining me today. Please visit me over at the WordPress site as we are striving to create a ‘home away from home’ over there in case Google shuts down Blogger just as they are Google Plus. Sadly, we are going to abandon the social media side of what we do here because what is the point? Create a fabulous product and then Google drives a dagger in one’s back. WHY?
I will see you back here tomorrow. Puu o ke aloha– lots of love to you.
Cheryl La Tigre
Cheryl La Tigre
CEC, ACF, Chefs de Cuisine Association of Honolulu, Hawaii
Up-and-coming Bakersfield, California, street artist, Simone, created this cartoonish caricature of me so we can keep our identities on the down low due to increasing threats, Web intrusions and threats, and so we do not lose our professional businesses because of our politics here at the AICP-END Blogs.
That said, I began my career in the early 1970’s when I apprenticed to cook under one of the masters on the Big Island where I was born. I moved to Oahu in the early 1980’s after having worked in both Kona and Hilo, HI, and have been there for most of my professional career.
Moreover, I have also worked on Maui for a few years (1995-1998) and have been on Kauai (2001-2003) before returning to Honolulu. My goal is to prepare the next generation of chefs for the future and to help the underprivileged in their struggle to attain careers in the foodservice industry.
Chef Cheryl La Tigre writes from Honolulu, HI.
Chef Cheryl La Tigre is a proud member of the Democratic Party.
Contact me at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHEF CHERYL LA TIGRE
END COMMENTARY 02-25-2019
COPYRIGHT © 2019 BY MHB PRODUCTIONS
WORD COUNT: 1,190
02-25-2019 Monday—Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXVI: “Although the Green New Deal is exciting, bold, and new, implementing it here in Hawaii within ten years would cripple our state” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
HOW TO CONTACT THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY: Write us at PO Box 20669, Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669 or call us at (661) 374-1430 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. PST weekdays and weekends, well, take your chances. You can also email us by contacting the author of the week using his or her email address, which we provide beneath their personal information.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 02-24-2019, all rights reserved.
La Tigre, Cheryl. “Although the Green New Deal is exciting, bold, and new, implementing it here in Hawaii within ten years would cripple our state.” Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXVI
Edward “Eddie” Fitzgerald Carlton edited and rewrote the blog post today.
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
PLEASE JOIN US AT THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY’S FACEBOOK PAGE—THIS IS WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE ALBUM OF THE DAY, THE BEVERLY CARRICK PAINTING OF THE DAY, AND THE POLITICAL CARTOON OF THE DAY PLUS ALL SORTS OF COMMENTARY!
PLEASE VISIT THE GREAT FACEBOOK PAGE OF AMERICA’S TOP ARTIST, BEVERLY CARRICK, SO YOU CAN SHARE COMMENTS AND FEELINGS ABOUT THE LIFE OF THIS AMAZING ARTIST. THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER LIKE SHE, WE MOURN HER DEATH, WHICH OCCURRED IN NOVEMBER 2012. GOD REST AND BLESS HER SOUL!
PLEASE JOIN US AT THE AICP-END BLOG WHERE WE PROMOTE THE ARTWORKS OF AMERICA’S GREATEST ARTIST, BEVERLY CARRICK. WE ALSO PROMOTE MUSIC THERE THAT WE HAVE NOT PRESENTED AT THE MAIN BLOG SO PLEASE GO OVER THERE AND SEE WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU—YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID!
VISIT BEVERLY CARRICK.COM TO SEE WHAT PAINTINGS ARE AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO PURCHASE—YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID. THERE, YOU WILL FIND MANY GORGEOUS PAINTINGS, SOME OF WHICH MAY STILL BE THERE FOR YOU TO ADD TO YOUR GROWING COLLECTION OF ARTWORKS.
KEEP READING THE ELEMENTARY NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST OF CULINARY POLITICS!
READ THE ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST NEWS, POLITICAL COMMENTARY, SPORTS, FOOD SERVICE, HOTEL, AND RESTAURANT BUSINESS, THE END TIMES, THE END OF DAYS, THE APOCALYPSE, ARMAGEDDON, AND WHATEVER ELSE HAPPENS TO POP UP!
TODAY IN HISTORY—FEBRUARY 25, 2019:
The Allman Brothers Band featuring “Dangerous” Dan Toler, the Beatles featuring George Harrison, Blossom Toes featuring Brian Beltshaw, Crazy Horse featuring Frank “Poncho” Sampedro, and the Grass Roots featuring Ricky Coonce:
- 1497: Italian troops retake the city of Taranto in France.
- 1540: Conquistador Francisco Vasquez de Coronado launches his search for the fabled Seven Cities of Gold on the North American Continent, a failed search that would last several years and lead to disaster for most of the participants.
- 1570: Pope Pius V excommunicated Queen Elizabeth I of England.
- 1751: In New York City, the first incident of a performing monkey in an exhibit takes place with the price of admission set at one cent.
- 1791: Through an act of Congress and a signature by President George Washington, the First Bank of the United States with president and directors of the company came into being on this date.
- 1793: The first meeting of President George Washington’s Cabinet takes place at his home.
- 1803: 1,800 sovereign German states unite into sixty states on this date.
- 1804: Thomas Jefferson is nominated of the Democrat-Republican Party for president of the United States.
- 1836: Inventor Samuel Colt patented his revolver on this date. The patent—No. 138 (later 9430X) was one for a ‘revolving cylinder pistol,’ and was his first patent. God bless you, Mr. Colt!
- 1837: Thomas Davenport patented the first commercial electric motor; however, no distribution for electricity existed at the time and Davenport went bankrupt.
- 1839: The Seminole Native Americans and their black allies—former runaway black slaves that intermarried with the Indians—leave their homes in Florida and begin the migration to the West by order of the federal government.
- 1862: Nashville, Tennessee, became the first Confederate state capital occupied by the North during the Civil War. Meanwhile, President Abraham Lincoln introduces paper money to the U.S. Congress legislates the Bureau of Printing and Engraving.
- 1870: The U.S. Congress swears in its first black member, Hiram Rhodes-Revels from Mississippi— Republican—1870-1871.
- 1901: J.P. Morgan incorporated the United States Steel Corporation on this date in history.
- 1910: The Dalai Lama flees Tibet from advancing Chinese troops and seeks safety in British-ruled India.
- 1913: Character actor Jim Backus, who played Thurston Howell III on “Gilligan’s Island” and voiced the cartoon character Mr. Magoo, was born in Cleveland. Meanwhile, Secretary of State Philander Chase Knox declared in effect the 16th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which gave Congress the power to levy and to collect income taxes on the hapless citizens of the nation.
- 1914: Sir John Tenniel, the illustrator of Lewis Carroll’s “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland” and “Through the Looking Glass” died in London three days before his 94th
- 1916: During World War I on the Western Front, German troops overrun Fort Douaumont near the fortified city of Verdun.
- 1919: Under the Paris Treaty, the League of Nations begins to form. Meanwhile, the state of Oregon became the first state to place a tax on gasoline with the tax being one cent per gallon.
- 1921: After Soviet troops entered the nearby nation of Georgia, they proclaim it a Soviet Socialist Republic.
- 1922: At Versailles, French authorities executed French serial killer Henri Landru, whom a jury convicted of murdering 10 women and the son of one of them.
- 1926: Francisco Franco becomes a general in the Spanish military.
- 1928: The Federal Radio Commission issued the first U.S. television license to Charles Jenkins Laboratories in Washington, D.C.
- 1930: The photographic device banks use to record checks received a patent on this date.
- 1932: Austrian immigrant, Adolf Hitler, gets German citizenship on this date.
- 1933: The U.S. Navy launched the first ship designed and built from the keel up as an aircraft carrier, the USS Ranger.
- 1940: W2WBS in New York City broadcast the first televised NHL game using one camera in a fixed position. The New York Rangers hosted the Montreal Canadiens and beat them by a score of 6-2.
- 1943: Allied troops reoccupied the Kasserine Pass in Tunisia after clashing with German troops during World War II. Meanwhile, future Beatle George Harrison is born in Great Britain on this date.
- 1944: Brian Beltshaw, future bassist and vocalist with the British rock group, Blossom Toes, was born in Great Britain on this date.
- 1948: Czechoslovak communists seize their government in line with occupying Soviet troops.
- 1949: Future member of the rock band, Crazy Horse–Frank “Poncho” Sampedro (multi-instrumentalist 1975-88 / 1990-present)—is born on this date.
- 1950: “Your Show of Shows” with Sid Caesar and Imogene Coca premiered on NBC-TV; writers of the show included Mel Brooks, Neil Simon, and Woody Allen.
- 1956: Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev criticized the late Josef Stalin in a speech before a Communist Party congress in Moscow.
- 1957: Buddy Holly and the Crickets record “That’ll be the Day.”
- 1963: The Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS), in Edwards v. South Carolina, upheld 8-1 the right of Civil Rights demonstrators to protest peacefully outside the South Carolina State House. Meanwhile, the Beatles release their first U.S. single, “Please Please Me.”
- 1964: At Miami Beach, Cassius Clay knocks out Sonny Liston in the seventh round to take the heavyweight boxing title of the world. However, the judges scored the victory as Technical Knockout (TKO) when an injured Liston failed to answer the bell in the seventh round.
- 1972: Germany gave a $5 million ransom payment to Arab jihadists who had hijacked a jumbo airliner and held the crew and passengers under threat of death.
- 1986: President Ferdinand Marcos fled the Philippines after 20 years of rule in the wake of a tainted election; Corazon Aquino assumed the presidency.
- 1987: The Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) upholds affirmative action 5-4. Meanwhile, Michael Jordan of the Chicago Bulls scores a team record of 58 points in a game.
- 1989: Mike Tyson knocked out Frank Bruno in the fifth round to maintain the heavyweight boxing title. Meanwhile, Jerry Jones, new owner of the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys, fires 29-year Cowboys’ coach, Tom Landry.
- 1998: The first legal brothel in Switzerland opens in Zurich.
- 1999: William King received a sentence of death for the racial murder of James Byrd, Jr. in Jasper, Texas. Two other men involved in the horrendous crime suffered conviction for their part in the crime later. Elsewhere, in Moscow, China’s Prime Minister Zhu Rongji and Russian President Boris Yeltsin discussed trade and other issues.
- 2000: A jury in Albany, N.Y., acquitted four New York City police officers of second-degree murder and lesser charges in the February 1999 shooting death of illegal immigrant Amadou Diallo.
- 2005: Dennis Rader underwent arrest for the BTK (Bind-Torture-Kill) serial killings in Wichita, Kansas.
- 2011: In the People’s Republic of China, senior leader Jia Qinglin calls for control over Tibetan Buddhism and a renewed struggle against the Dalai Lama. Elsewhere, longtime drummer for the rock band, the Grass Roots– Ricky Coonce (drums 1967-72 / 1981-82)—died from heart failure on this date.
- 2012: Using their artillery, the Syrian army kills at least 100 civilians as they shell the cities of Homs and Hama.
- 2013: Russia enacts a law that bans smoking in schools and on subways. Elsewhere, “Dangerous” Dan Toler—former guitarist with the Allman Brothers Band—lost his fight with ALS on this date.
- 2014: Debbie Dingell, the wife of Congressman John Dingell, announces she will run for the House seat her husband is vacating at the end of his 29th term; he announced the oncoming retirement yesterday.
- 2015: A jury awarded a Texas-based technology-licensing company, Smartflash, a whopping $532.9 million payout from Apple because it infringed upon data management software patents, something the mega-company claimed it did not do because the patents were invalid and that it NEVER used them in any of its products. Oh, well.
- 2018: Closing ceremonies for the XXIII Olympic Winter Games in PyongChang occurred on this date. The games began on February 09, 2018. Team USA won 9 gold medals, 8 silver medals, and 6 bronze medals. Norway won the most at 14 gold, 14 silver and 11 bronze.
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, The Grass Roots, Ricky Coonce, Brian Beltshaw, Blossom Toes, The Beatles, George Harrison, The Allman Brothers Band, “Dangerous” Dan Toler, Crazy Horse, Frank “Poncho” Sampedro, Just the Facts, C. La Tigre, Political Topics and Essays, Queen, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Green New Deal, Donald Trump, Jussie Smollett, Democratic Party Politics, Climate Change, Global Warming, Extreme Weather, Al Gore,
Please join us at the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day, the place where we cover the topics of the day as well as professional food service, Beverly Carrick original artworks, and discussions on music, pop culture, and anything else that comes up over the course of a day!
As always, we thank the good folks at Brainy History for doing the demanding work of compiling historical happenings, dates, and everything else by which at the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day publish a blog that draws readers from all over the world! Thank you and God bless you for doing this particularly important work!
CHEF CHERYL LA TIGRE’S BLOGPOSTS 2011-2019:
- 12-19-2011 M: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part X: Chicken Nishime—an All-Time Hawaiian Favorite made with Konnyaku” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-20-2011 T: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XI: Barbequed Spareribs, Chinese-style with Chinese Rib and Plum Dipping Sauces—Hawaii-Delicious” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-21-2011 W: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XII: Pork Adobo—originally from the Philippines, it’s even better on Oahu” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-22-2011 Th: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XIII: Egg Foo Yung made with Kamaboko—Oriental Omelets are popular in Hawaii” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-23-2011 F: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XIV: Deep-Fried Jumbo Prawns in Panko Breading with Mango-Pineapple Salsa—Latin-Fused Hawaiian Cuisine is simply Amazing” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-24-2011 S: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XV: Baked Opakapaka with Pineapple Hollandaise—Hawaiian and French Cuisines intermingled to create a Taste of Heaven” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-25-2011 Su (Christmas): “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XVI: Pork, Chicken, and Shrimp Hekka—a Traditional Dish That’s Perfect for a Hawaiian Holiday” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 05-28-2012 M: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XVII: Baked Fresh Yelloweye Rockfish with Asian Black Bean Sauce—a Delicious Combination that is Ono-Licious” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 05-29-2012 T: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XVIII: Broiled Fresh Hawaiian Tuna with Cabernet Demi-Glace Sauce and Flash-Fried Maui Onions—the Best of the Mid-Pacific Deep-Sea Fishing Fleets” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 05-30-2012 W: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XIX: Grilled Fresh Onaga with Bay Shrimp and Caramelized Almonds—flaky Fish with Succulent-Sweet Almonds” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 05-31-2012 Th: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XX: Fresh Grilled Hawaiian Swordfish with Orange-Tarragon Relish—one of my All-Time Favorite Dishes” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 06-01-2012 F: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXI: Broiled Mahi-Mahi Teriyaki-style with Grilled Pineapple and Sauteed Langoustines—one of the Best Dishes Hawaii has to Offer” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 06-02-2012 S: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXII: Baked Opakapaka with Pineapple Hollandaise—a Bit Touristy but not the way Chef La Tigre does it!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 06-03-2012 Su: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXIII: Classic Maui Duck—it’s NOT Seafood but it’s the Crème de la Crème of what Hawaii has to offer!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-03-2012 M: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXIV: Chef La Tigre picks up where she left off back in June with a Fabulous Hawaiian Noodle Dish—Pork Chow Fun!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-04-2012 T: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXV: Chef Cheryl has a Treat in Store for all of us Today: Chinese-style BBQ Pork Back Spareribs—marinated and Flame-Broiled to Perfection!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-05-2012 W: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXVI: Today, Chef Cheryl does a Rare Portuguese-Hawaiian Recipe, the Famed Pork-and-Clams, an absolutely Delectable Dish!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-06-2012 Th: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXVII: Chef “Tiger” prepares Lesser-Known Filipino Cuisine Today by serving up an Institutional-Sized Chicken Thighs Adobo!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-07-2012 F: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXVIII: Featured Today is another exciting Hawaiian Recipe—Walnut Chicken! Not only is it Ono-Licious, it’s Flavorful, Crunchy, and quite Beautiful, too!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-08-2012 S: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXIX: Pork and Tofu is on Today’s Menu and everyone is guaranteed to love it, even those who hate Tofu and those who don’t eat Pork!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-09-2012 Su: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXX: Chef Cheryl saved the Best for Last: Hawaiian Apricot Pork—tantalizingly Succulent, amazingly Tender, and a Breeze to Make!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-12-2013 M: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CI: for the First Time, Chef Cheryl gets a Crack at the Quick Breads/Muffins Recipes Category and begins her Week by doing a Recipe for Golden Raisin Scones—what a Treat!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-13-2013 T: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CII: Chef Cheryl presents another Scone Recipe, this one a Delicious Mission Fig Scone—too Exotic for the Islands but just right for the Mainland!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-14-2013 W: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CIII: Today, Chef Cheryl switches Gears to the Muffin Department and presents something one does NOT normally associate with the Islands: Persimmon Muffins!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-15-2013 Th: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CIV: Chef Cheryl talks about Medicinal Pot and then presents her ‘Da Kine’ Recipe for Pear-Currant Muffins—outasite!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-16-2013 F: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CV: The 105th Installment of the AICP-END is a Great One as it features a Great Papaya Muffin Recipe plus a lot of Talk about trolling the Dives of Bakersfield, California!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-17-2013 S: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CVI: Our Hawaiian Chef presents another Tropical Fruit Bakery Item: Mango Quick Bread—as Ono as it gets!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-18-2013 Su: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CVII: Who would ever have expected this from Chef Cheryl? Quick Peanut-Butter Bread, totally unique and a pleasure to eat!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-21-2014 M: “Political Topics and Essays, Part Ninety-Nine: Chef Cheryl makes it known that this Week, she is going to Defend both the Obama Administration and the Democrat Party and that the GOP needs to help the Dems in fixing Obamacare, not repealing and replacing it!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-22-2014 T: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred: Chef Cheryl begins the Breakdown of U.S. Senate Races on Both Sides of the Aisle—who is going, who to keep, it’s Informative so come on along and Join us today!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-23-2014 W: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-One: Cheryl veers off into the Cliven Bundy Drama in Nevada, HOW Senator Harry Reid seems to have forgotten that Mormons do no WRONG to One Another, and that maybe the Time has come for the Aged Senator to Retire from Office; then, more Democrat Senators at Risk!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-24-2014 Th: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-Two: Today’s Topic is MORE Democrat Senators at Risk of being voted out of Office, WHO we can save, WHO need our Help and need it as Soon as Possible and One WHO needs to stay Home and keep Quiet—Kathleen Sebelius—do NOT run for a Senate Seat!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-25-2014 F: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-Three: The Discussion continues about Vulnerable Senate Democrats, what they need to do to Stay Afloat in Tough Times, and then Ends with a Discussion of the Paniolo, the Hawaiian Cowboy—who’d a thought?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-26-2014 S: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-Four: We conclude our Discussion of Democrat Senators at Risk, but also discuss Possible Challenges to Hillary by Senators Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren and how it might help our Side come 2016!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-27-2014 Su: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-Five: Cheryl wraps up the Week by exhorting the Democrat Party to stand Strong in the Face of oncoming Electoral Disaster, supports more Democrats like West Virginia’s Joe Manchin, and finishes with the Keystone XL Pipeline from Canada to the U.S.” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-20-2015 M: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXXXVIII: Cheryl’s First Day commences with some Local Talk on Hawaiian Liberalism, on Hillary entering the Race, and who might have to take Her Place should the Republicans destroy her” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-21-2015 T: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXXXIX: Cheryl discusses the Hawaii Marriage Equality Act of 2013, one that protects Religious Rights as well as the Rights of the LGBT Community in the Islands—it works REALLY well, people!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-22-2015 W: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXL: Cheryl returns to discussing the Presidential Race of 2016 by saying there are Reverse Similarities to what we saw in 2008—Hillary is the Old Lion while some in the GOP such as Marco Rubio is the YOUNG Tiger” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-23-2015 Th: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXLI: Cheryl discusses the Lifestyle, the Crime Rates, Places in which, one should not live or should pass through quickly today on Aloha Hump Day Thursday” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-24-2015 F: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXLII: Cheryl discusses the Trials, Tribulations, and Successes of Hawaii as it embraces the 21st Century while lamenting the ongoing Destruction of California by those elected to protect its Citizens, Farms, Industries, and Businesses” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-25-2015 S: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXLIII: Cheryl discusses the Relative Safety of living in the Middle of the Pacific Ocean although currently of Global Instability, Nuclear Arms, and Terrorism, nothing is a given” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-26-2015 Su: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXLIV: Cheryl closes the Week by discussing Music the Blog promotes as well as Music Hawaiians love such as “IZ”, how we miss him, and then the Hippie Invasion of 1969” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 02-08-2016 M: “Thankfully, Super Bowl 50 is in the Books, not only did it not live up to the Hype, it was Boring, and the Half Time Show needs to go—but I do expect to see Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers back NEXT Year” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Miscellaneous Articles Index, Part XXVIII
- 02-09-2016 T: “WHY would Hillary employ Bill, Madeleine Albright, and Gloria Steinem—Three Old and Jaded Characters from our Party’s Past—to go out and attack Bernie Sanders by insulting Women and telling them they have a Special Place in Hell?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLX
- 02-10-2016 W: “The Results of New Hampshire are in and we have Bernie at the Top and on the other Side, Democrat in Elephant Clothing Donald Trump and Squishy John Kasich (a Lolo who will work with US)—we are looking VERY Good” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXI
- 02-11-2016 Th: “Whatever you say, Bernie Sanders is the ONLY Candidate who can lead our Nation Forward, Protect the Accomplishments of President Obama, and rally People of all Types around his Standard—let’s help him!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXII
- 02-12-2016 F: “The Sixth Democrat Debate of the 2016 Election Cycle was a bit more subdued than Previous Ones and BOTH Candidates worked hard to get their Points across without Explosive Interactions—GREAT Debate! Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXIII
- 02-13-2016 S: “Cherry expects some REAL MMA-Style Brawling tonight on the GOP Debate Stage and hopes that One-by-One they knock One Another out of the running and open the Doors WIDE for Bernie Sanders” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXIV
- 02-14-2016 Su: “We must demand of our Elected Leaders at ALL Levels to make sure that we DEFEND President Obama’s RIGHT to put another Nominee on the Supreme Court before leaving Office—we must replace Justice Scalia with a LIBERAL” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXV
- 08-08-2016 M: “I am not as Ideological as are many of my Fellow Hawaiian Democrats because correcting the Balance of Trade, promoting National Defense, and putting unemployed Americans back to Work are more important than voting for someone solely with a ‘D’ by his or her Name” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXIX
- 08-09-2016 T: “I once hoped for either a Bernie Sanders OR Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren Ticket but now, Donald Trump is the only one for whom I will vote in November—here is WHY” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXX
- 08-10-2016 W: “The World is Full of Many Threats and having someone as President who repeatedly has placed our Nation at Risk in the White House is NOT someone for whom I or anyone else should vote—I am voting for Donald Trump!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXI
- 08-11-2016 Th: “I base MY Vote in the 2016 Election on TWO Things—who is going to fix the Economy and who is going to Win the War against the Islamic Jihadists—Donald Trump and NOT Hillary!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXII
- 08-12-2016 F: “As a Mormon, I am surprised at how the Leadership of MY Church can view Donald Trump as a ‘Problem’ more so than seeing that Hillary Clinton is TRULY Dangerous and would do the Work of the Devil should she win the White House” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXIII
- 08-13-2016 S: “Any Democrat who says we must hand over our Guns is a Crazy Democrat and NOT Someone for whom I can vote; however, Donald Trump will be the NUMBER ONE Defender of both the Constitution and the Bill of Rights” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXIV
- 08-14-2016 Su: “The Olympics should prove to EVERYONE that ONLY here in America can People of all Races, Ethnicities, Religions, and Economic Backgrounds can achieve the unachievable and to beat the World—GO Team!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXV
- 03-06-2017 M: “Let me tell you why, I, a lifelong Democrat, voted for Donald Trump on November 8 and will also share five major points the Dems must do if we are to remain a national party and not a limited one” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXIV
- 03-07-2017 T: “Message to Google Blogger—if you do not like our two blogs, shut them down; otherwise, get the hell out of the way and allow us to soar to new and greater heights” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXV
- 03-08-2017 W: “A further plea to Google Blogger to stop with the discrimination, it is not up to you or to any other Web host to prevent blogs that pay for services to go unseen because you do not like them!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXVI
- 03-09-2017 Th: “After appealing to Google Blogger to either get out of the way or to shut us down, Cherry discusses why we need to repeal and replace Obamacare—from a Democrat’s Viewpoint” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXVII
- 03-10-2017 F: “Instead of freeing us from the onerous Obamacare mess, we now will have to contend with Trump Care—President Trump, keep your word and let things go back to the way they were in the 1980s and before” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXVIII
- 03-11-2017 S: “The Russians did NOT do it, the CIA did it by using its Umbrage program to snoop on us through our smart devices, which means that Obama did tap Trump Tower—yikes!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXIX
- 03-12-2017 Su: “Hawaii will fight the Trump ‘Travel Ban,’ which makes no sense to me—WHY do we have to continue allowing Muslims to enter the Country willy-nilly?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXX
- 08-28-2017 M: “Lalo and I love coming to California as it allows us to hit the casinos as well as sit near ringside to see local girl Raquel Pa’aluhi take on Yana Kunitskaya at the Tachi Hotel Palace and Casino” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Miscellaneous Articles Index, Part L
- 08-29-2017 T: “Donald Trump is not a Republican, which is WHY as a Democrat, I voted for him over Hillary Rodham Clinton, a known crook and liar” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCLXXXVIII
- 08-30-2017 W: “If we do not expunge the sports records of O. J. Simpson, Pete Rose, and Aaron Hernandez, then so should we not those who fought for the Confederacy in the Civil War” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCLXXXIX
- 08-31-2017 Th: “Why the LGBTQ community only pursues devout Christian bakers is beyond me and here in Bakersfield, they have a new target: Tastries Bakery” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCXC
- 09-01-2017 F: “Unlike other race-based, ethnic, religious, or all three minorities, most people view homosexuality as a lifestyle choice and not as something God instills in you while in the womb” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCXCI
- 09-02-2017 S: “Coming to California ALWAYS makes me feel better about my home state because government here is crazy—using the incorrect pronoun can soon land one in prison if they misaddress a transgender person” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCXCII
- 09-03-2017 Su: “Mexico City seeks a bill banning President Trump from coming to their city and maybe their country, too; can we pass a bill banning ALL Mexicans from coming here—unless we send for them?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCXCIII
- 03-05-2018 M: “Although we did not vote on it, Hawaii seems to be becoming a sanctuary state, which is not what most citizens want—send more ICE agents, Mr. Trump!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXX
- 03-06-2018 T: “Way behind the times, I know, Lalo and I watched Dinesh D’ Souza’s recent film, ‘2016: Hillary’s America,’ and I must say—it left a mark” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXI
- 03-07-2018 W: “Although months away, Hawaii is gearing up for its primary elections and it is interesting to note that Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard has some challengers—from her left” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXII
- 03-08-2018 Th: “Reading “Dear Leader” by Michael Malice has given me new perspective when it comes to viewing North Korea and is a book everyone should read if you would care for the same understanding” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXIII
- 03-09-2018 F: “Bush #43 made the world a far worse place, especially when he made the horrendous decision to invade Iraq on a mere pretext of them possessing WMDs; let’s try something different with NOKO like…dialogue” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXIV
- 03-10-2018 S: “California now a slave, uh, I mean, sanctuary state, I expected to see Governor Jerry Brown and AG Xavier Becerra break out the Stars and Bars while dancing to the tune of Dixie” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXV
- 03-11-2018 Su: “Will it take a violent crime befalling one of their own family members before California Democrats awaken to the danger of unchecked illegal immigration?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXVI
- 08-27-2018 M: “The recent results of the Hawaiian Mid-Term Primary Elections demonstrate it is going to be another solid year for Democrats- at least here” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLIV
- 08-28-2018 T: “Not every liberal Democrat POC believes in sanctuary cities, states, and illegal alien criminals living among us- build the wall, virtual if need be” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLV
- 08-29-2018 W: “With the death of John McCain, our elected leaders can momentarily set aside politics before returning to the slash-and-burn strategy that offends so many of us” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLVI
- 08-30-2018 Th: “Mr. President, treaties be damned, build the Space Force and build it now lest our enemies get the jump on us and blackmail us through intimidation” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLVII
- 08-31-2018 F: “If Gavin Newsom becomes the governor of California in November, say ‘farewell’ to the state as it will mean FREE HEALTH CARE for all illegal aliens” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLVIII
- 09-01-2018 S: “Modern liberalism differs from classic liberalism as the difference between day and night and if the Democratic Party is to survive, we need to reclaim it following the massive election losses this November” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLIX
- 09-02-2018 Su: “A better economy, lower taxes, and a newfound hope for the country once again is reason enough to vote for the Republicans in November and not for the Democratic-Socialists” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDL
- 02-25-2019 M: “Although the Green New Deal is exciting, bold, and new, implementing it here in Hawaii within ten years would cripple our state” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXVI
- 02-26-2019 T:
- 02-27-2019 W:
- 02-28-2019 Th:
- 03-01-2019 F:
- 03-02-2019 S:
- 03-03-2019 Su:
CHEF CHERYL LA TIGRE’S BLOG POSTS AT THE AICP-END 2015-2019:
- 04-22-2015 W: “Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part Thirty-Four: Cheryl becomes the First Author other than Stinkbug to discuss the Majesty of Beverly Carrick, one of the World’s All-Time Great Artists and one YOU should know” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part XLIII
- 02-10-2016 W: “Chef Cheryl returns for her Second Installment at the Blog where we celebrate the Life, Times, Political Views, and other Life Observations of Beverly Carrick—the Greatest American Artist” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part LXXXIV
- 08-10-2016 W: “Hawaii and the Art of Beverly Carrick are Synonymous with One Another just as are the Spectacular Vacation Packages awaiting you here in the Islands—why not come and join us and go on a Culinary Excursion while enjoying some Beautiful Paintings?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CIX
- 03-08-2017 W: “If you are fortunate enough to be able to see the blog today without interference from Google, then please enjoy the lovely oil paintings we have for you by the stellar Beverly Carrick—amazing!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CXXXIX
- 08-30-2017 W: “Although Beverly has a large body of work, her paintings are going to be worth millions one day and what is more, we discuss the ‘boner pill,’ Noxitril and why I cannot stand its advertisements” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CLXIV
- 03-07-2018 W: “Beverly Carrick and her library of artworks are perhaps the best-kept secret held by the United States and no, I am not talking about the atomic bomb or the stealth-jet fighter-bomber” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CXCI
- 08-29-2018 W: “Like California, politicians grow wealthier by the day the longer high-speed rail scams continue such as our Honolulu Rail Transit” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CCXVI
- 02-27-2019 W:
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2019
EDITORIAL STAFF AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
President: Alvin T. Woliztnikistein
Executive Vice President: Stinkbug
Publisher: Roland Carl Davis
Assistant Publisher: Moses Scharbug III
Editor-in-Chief: Edward Fitzgerald Carlton
Assistant and Photographic Editor: Chef Alana Houzenfogel
Mail Room: Jane Lee Tarzana (direct all mail here).
Proofreader: Amos Mosby Caruthers
Amazon.com Liaison: Eleanor Grabski.
Board of Directors: Garfield H. Johnson (Retired), Alvin T. Woliztnikistein, B. H. “BC” Cznystekinki, Elmer K. “the Hooter” Hootenstein, Gervais Krinkelmeier, Goldie “Goldfish” McNamara, James “Jimmy” Hall, James, “JT” Tobiason, Kilgore Randalini, Lilah Paulikovich, Murph MacDougal, and Olaf Bologolo,
WE SUPPORT THE NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION