TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
WINTER SESSION 2022
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 241
78. TODAY IN HISTORY—SATURDAY, MARCH 19, 2022:
United States Supreme Court Chief Justice Earl Warren; U.S. Secretary of State William Jennings Bryan; Reich Minister of Armaments and War Production Albert Speer; the Grateful Dead featuring Tom Constantan, the Jefferson Starship, and the Zombies featuring Paul Atkinson:
- 1227 Friday: The reign of the 178th Roman Catholic Pope Gregory IX commenced on this date. He would guide his global flock from today until August 22, 1241.
- 1452 Friday: Frederick III of Hapsburg becomes the Holy Roman Emperor on this date.
- 1524 Wednesday: French seaman Giovanni de Verrazano sights land around the area of the Carolinas.
- 1571 Friday: Spanish troops occupy the Philippine city of Manila on this date.
- 1628 Sunday: The English found the Massachusetts Colony on this date.
- 1644 Saturday: 200 members of the ruling Chinese Imperial family/court members commit suicide.
- 1687 Wednesday: French explorer Rene-Robert Cavalier, Sleur de La Salle—the first European to navigate the length of the Mississippi River—was murdered by mutineers in present-day Texas.
- 1702 Sunday: The daughter of James II, Anne Stuart, becomes the queen of England on this date.
- 1721 Wednesday: The reign of the 243rd Roman Catholic Pope Clement XI ended on this date. He first became the Vicar of Christ on November 23, 1700.
- 1748 Tuesday: The English Naturalization Act passes allowing Jews to move to North America along with the rest of the Brits.
- 1831 Saturday: The first bank robbery in the United States takes place on this date at the City Bank in New York; the take is $245,000.
- 1859 Saturday: The opera “Faust!” by Charles Gounod premiered in Paris.
- 1860 Monday: In Salem, Illinois, future 41st U.S. Secretary of State William Jennings Bryan is born. A Democrat, he served under President Woodrow Wilson from March 05, 1913, to June 09, 1915.
- 1863 Thursday: The Confederate cruiser Georgianna, on its maiden voyage, underwent scuttling off Charleston, South Carolina, to prevent it from falling into Union hands.
- 1865 Sunday: Following the Battle of Bentonville, the Confederates retreat from Greenville, North Carolina.
- 1866 Monday: The immigrant ship, Monarch of the Seas, sinks off Liverpool resulting in 738 deaths.
- 1891 Thursday: In Los Angeles, California, future 88th over all and 14th U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice Earl Warren is born. President Dwight D. Eisenhower nominated his fellow Republican (who later became a Democrat) to fill the seat of Chief Justice Fred M. Vinson. Warren served from 10-05-1953 to 06-23-1969.
- 1895 Tuesday: The Los Angeles Railway commenced service as a streetcar provider throughout the city.
- 1900 Monday: Archeologist Arthur John Evans commenced the excavation of Knossos Palace in Greece on this date. Meanwhile, President William McKinley asserted there was a need for free trade between the United States and Puerto Rico.
- 1903 Thursday: The United States Senate ratified the Cuban treaty, gaining naval bases in Guantanamo and Bahia Honda.
- 1905 Sunday: In Mannheim, Baden, German Empire, future architect for Adolf Hitler and then his minister of armaments, Albert Speer, is born. His official title would be Reich Minister of Armaments and War Production. He would survive World War II, spend some time in prison for his war crimes and then become a free man.
- 1908 Thursday: The state of Maryland barred Christian Scientists from practicing without a medical diploma.
- 1917 Tuesday: The Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS), in Wilson v. New, upheld the eight-hour workday for railroad workers.
- 1918 Wednesday: Congress approved Daylight Saving Time something that no longer should be applicable because it does NOTHING except to disrupt sleep cycles and mental health.
- 1920 Friday: The Senate rejected—for a second time—the Treaty of Versailles, by a vote of 49 in favor, 35 against, falling short of the two-thirds majority needed for approval.
- 1927 Saturday: In Berlin, bloody street battles take place between Nazi and communist street thugs.
- 1931 Thursday: Nevada Governor Fred B. Balzar signed a measure legalizing casino gambling.
- 1942 Thursday: President Franklin Delano Roosevelt signs a bill requiring all men between the ages of 45 and 64 to register for non-military duty.
- 1944 Sunday: Future keyboardist with the Grateful Dead[i]—Tom Constantan—is born on this date in Long Branch, N.J.
- 1945 Monday: During World War II, 724 people died when a Japanese dive-bomber attacked the aircraft carrier, USS Franklin off the coast of Japan; however, sailors were able to keep the ship afloat. Meanwhile, Adolf Hitler issued his so-called “Nero Decree,” ordering the destruction of German facilities that could fall into Allied hands.
- 1946 Tuesday: Paul Atkinson—future guitarist with the British rock band, the Zombies[ii], was born in Cuffley, Hertfordshire, England, on this date, too.
- 1949 Saturday: Future heavyweight champion of the world, Larry Holmes, was born in the United States on this date.
- 1953 Thursday: The Academy Awards ceremony appeared on TV for the first time; “The Greatest Show on Earth” won best picture of 1952.
- 1954 Friday: The People’s Army continues ringing the French base of Dien Bien Phu. On the eastern side, the sappers are digging trenches at night drawing closer to the Elianes and Dominiques. The French are determined to hold these eastern outposts, especially now that Béatrices have been overrun. The French defenders see the sappers drawing closer but there is not much they can do to stop them as to go out and engage the Viet Minh is to put themselves at great risk. Supplies coming in from the main camp have to run a gauntlet of fire that claims additional casualties. All they can do is wait for the inevitable assaults.
- 1958 Wednesday: The film “South Pacific,” adopted from the Rodgers and Hammerstein stage musical, hit movie theaters on this date.
- 1963 Tuesday: In Costa Rica, American President John F. Kennedy and six Latin American presidents pledged to fight communism.
- 1965 Friday: E. Lee Spence discovered the wreck of the Confederate cruiser, Georgianna; 102 years to the day after its crew scuttled her. Elsewhere, Indonesia nationalized all foreign oil companies on this date.
- 1966 Saturday: The Texas Western Miners defeated the heavily favored Kentucky Wildcats, 72-65, to win the NCAA Championship played in College Park, Maryland.
- 1969 Wednesday: In the aftermath of the street riots during the Democratic National Convention in Chicago, Illinois, authorities indict the Chicago 8.
- 1972 Sunday: India and Bangladesh signed a treaty of friendship on this date.
- 1974 Tuesday: The Jefferson Starship[iii] goes on its first tour.
- 1976 Friday: Buckingham Palace announced the separation of Princess Margaret and her husband, the Earl of Snowdon, after 16 years of marriage.
- 1977 Saturday: The last episode of “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” aired. Elsewhere, a suicide commando assassinated Congo President Marien Ngouabi on this date.
- 1979 Monday: The U.S. House of Representatives began televising its day-to-day business.
- 1981 Thursday: The Buffalo Sabres set an NHL record when they scored 9 goals in one period against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- 1982 Friday: Argentinian forces land on South Georgia Island, precipitating war with the United Kingdom over this and their landings in the Falklands.
- 1984 Monday: A Mobil oil tanker spilled 200,000 gallons of oil into the Columbia River.
- 1987 Thursday: Televangelist Jim Bakker resigned as chair of his PTL ministry organization amid a sex and money scandal involving Jessica Hahn, a former church secretary.
- 1988 Saturday: In Caesar’s Palace in beautiful Las Vegas, Nevada, Renaldo Snipes, aka “Mr. Snipes,” lost a 12-round unanimous decision to NABF heavyweight boxing champion Orlin “Night Train” Norris, aka “the Juice,” which put his record to 29-7-1 while that of Norris went to 17-1.
- 1991 Tuesday: NFL owners strip Phoenix, Arizona, of the 1993 Super Bowl over the state’s non-recognizance of the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
- 1993 Friday: Supreme Court Justice Byron R. White announced plans to retire, which led to Ruth Bader Ginsburg becoming the nation’s second female justice. She was appointed by President Bill Clinton.
- 1998 Thursday: The World Health Organization warned of tuberculosis epidemic that could kill 70 million people over the next two decades.
- 2001 Monday: California officials declared a power alert and ordered the first of two days of rolling blackouts. Little would Californians know that two decades later, this would become a way of life thanks to unchecked Democratic Party politics and corruption.
- 2002 Tuesday: Queen Elizabeth II knighted actor Ben Kingsley at Buckingham Palace. Meanwhile, the first major action in the Afghanistan War- Operation Anaconda- rolls on to its end what with massive numbers of jihadists dead, wounded, or vanished and very few Allied fatalities.
- 2003 Wednesday: President George W. Bush ordered the start of the war against Iraq. However, because of the time difference, it was early March 20 in Iraq. Ah, well, U.S. and British warplanes begin conducting sorties across the country, blowing up various military installations, infrastructure, and whatever else they can get in their sights. The American people did not want to do, this especially under false pretenses- ‘weapons of mass destruction.’ The had neither the support of the United Nations nor a majority of world public opinion; no, the only support they had was the Military-Industrial-Political Complex of the United States and their British allies (although MUCH LESS in the UK). Thank you, Dick Cheney, thank you.
- 2004 Friday: Prior to tomorrow’s elections in Taiwan, an unknown thug (probably Chi-Com) shoots President Chen Shui-bian. He was shot in the stomach while campaigning just as his Vice President Annette Lu was shot in the leg. Not much information is available about the shooter. Elsewhere, the Pakistani military clamps down on South Waziristan where they believe they have cornered acting head of al-Qaida, Ayman al-Zawahiri. This guy is as elusive as hell, and they are losing loads of troops trying to uncover his rathole.
- 2005 Saturday: In Doha, Qatar, a car bomb parked along the street erupts, killing one British visitor and wounds another dozen people. Elsewhere, G20, the group of developing nations, calls on the industrialized countries to end their farm subsidies.
- 2006 Sunday: Fine workmanship is on display in Moscow, Russia. A passenger train navigating the Moscow Metro Tunnel has the roof crash down upon the train, setting it ablaze. Rescue workers are able to reach the passengers and evacuate them quickly. Good work on that account.
- 2007 Monday: Talks between the United States and North Korea- the six-party talks- are slated to begin after the U.S. agrees to unlock North Korean funds held in a bank in Macao.
- 2008 Wednesday: Various European countries like Monaco, Bulgaria, Hungary, and Croatia recognize the independence of Kosovo. In the United States, on the five-year-anniversary of the Iraq War, people are running amok in the streets which leads to the arrests of at least 200 people. Meanwhile, President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney dismiss the unrest as miniscule.
- 2009 Thursday: North Korea is up to its old tricks once again- they arrest two American journalists with Current TV- near the border with communist China. Many believe the North Koreans went across the Yalu River and grabbed them up. The North Koreans like kidnapping foreigners and holding them for ransom. Ask the Japanese.
- 2010 Friday: Palestinians in Hebron, Israel, are running amok throwing rocks at Israeli security forces. Light ‘em up. In Sudan, Muslims are running amok there, too, killing at least 13 people in street riots. Elsewhere, in the incredibly tolerant Islamic Republic of Iran, former Vice President Hossein Marashi finds himself in trouble with the law, accused of spreading propaganda.
- 2011 Saturday: The Arab Spring is underway: in Syria, government forces have to fire tear gas at a crowd of funeral attendees who are angry that government forces killed some of their family members. In Yemen, as the people continue growing angrier by the minute, government officials finally begin to step down and flee. In Algeria, protests are growing more violent leading to concessions from the government. None of it is going to matter.
- 2012 Monday: Wendy’s overtakes Burger King as the second most popular hamburger chain in the world. Next, North Korea sends an invitation to the International Atomic Energy Agency- the IAEA- to come for a visit. They would like them to come for some tea and perhaps check their nuclear facilities.
- 2013 Tuesday: In Rome, Italy, the papal inauguration ceremony for Pope Francis takes place in St. Peter’s Square; hundreds of thousands attend. Next, on the 10th anniversary of the invasion of Iraq, a string of suicide bombings, shootings, and other homicidal activities lead to the deaths of 98 people and another 240 injured in varying degrees. Meanwhile, on the planet Mars, NASA’s Mars rover Curiosity discovers further evidence of water-bearing minerals. Finally, famed porn actor Harry Reems dies of pancreatic carcinoma at age 65.
- 2014 Wednesday: President Obama promises that the U.S. will not take military action in Ukraine in response to Russia’s annexation of Crimea. However, the Ukrainians are withdrawing as Putin’s occupation troops swarm into the area. Elsewhere, as the Syrian civil war continues to rage, Israel bombs a Syrian military outpost in the Golan Heights.
- 2015 Thursday: According to Brainy History, the U.S. Federal Reserve has cut its 2015 inflation and economic growth predictions for the U.S. and will likely wait until at least June of this year to raise interest rates. Elsewhere, the Euro zone tells the Greek government that it ‘must remain within the parameters set by them so it can recover from its debt crisis or risk being expelled from the organization.’
- 2016 Saturday: In Mexico City, the movie “Superman v. Batman: Dawn of Justice” starring Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, and Gal Gadot has its premiere. Elsewhere, outside the Phoenix, Arizona, suburb of Fountain Hills, at least 2 dozen protesters block the road leading in to stop people from attending a rally headlined by Donald J. Trump, former Arizona Governor Jan Brewer, and Sheriff Joe Arpaio. The losers block traffic for hours. Most likely illegal aliens.
- 2017 Sunday: The president of Smith College- Mary Maples Dunn- dies at age 85. Elsewhere, New Zealand expels an unnamed U.S. diplomat after the U.S. Embassy refused to waive the person’s immunity in a criminal investigation. Meanwhile, famed newspaperman Jimmy Breslin dies at age 88.
- 2018 Monday: Much to howls of horror from the Pro-Death (what the Democrats call ‘Pro-Choice’), Mississippi signs into law the toughest abortion law in the United States: NO abortion after 15 weeks. Meanwhile, President Donald J. Trump releases his plan with which to stem the tide against the opioid epidemic which includes harsher penalties for traffickers along with the possibility of the death penalty. Elsewhere, Facebook’s chief information security officer Alex Stamos is leaving the social media giant over Cambridge Analytica and Russian interference in the 2016 Election.
- 2019 Tuesday: The U.S. Supreme Court ruled today that the federal government can detain illegal aliens with criminal records indefinitely. The liberal illegal-loving Democrats go berserk. Meanwhile, President Donald J. Trump hosts conservative Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro at the White House. Leftists don’t like this guy either. Next, Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev announces his resignation after nearly 30 years in office, the last Soviet-era head of state left after the collapse of the USSR. Elsewhere, Syrian Democratic Forces declare significant progress as they overrun an ISIS camp on the outskirts of Baghuz.
- 2020 Thursday: Although rumors abound that Sen. Bernie Sanders has left the race, Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii becomes the 25th official Democrat candidate to announce she is leaving the race. She entered the fight on January 11, 2019, and even said she would not seek another term in Congress. We will see if she honors her pledge. On Wall Street, NASDAQ closes up 160.73 points, +2.30% at 7,150.58; the DOW Jones Industrial Average closes up 188.27 points, +0.95% at 20.087.19; and the S & P 500 closes up 11.29 points, +0.47% at 2,409.39. In California, Governor Gavin Newsom orders that as of midnight, all non-essential Californians must remain in their homes under self-quarantine, yet NO one talks about rounding up illegal aliens and deporting them or interning the homeless and giving them treatment. COVID-19 Statistics: around the globe, there are 245,622 confirmed cases with 10,051 deaths and 88,450 recoveries. Italy has passed China in deaths with 3,405 (so much for hugging a Chinaman) while Beijing reports 3,248 deaths. Elsewhere, Iran reports 1,284 deaths, Spain 833, France 372, the United States 218, the United Kingdom 144, South Korea 94, Belgium 21, and on and on it goes.
- 2021 Friday: Day 59 of the Biden Administration. JOE BIDEN NEWS- First, there is a great deal of consternation among the American people over Joe Biden falling not once, not twice, but three times as he attempted to hustle up the stairs to Air Force One. When he made it to the top, he made a good show of it by giving a wave, but former President Gerald R. Ford only fell down the stairs of Air Force One ONCE. No wonder Russian President Vladimir Putin wants to debate Joe Biden publicly.[iv] Next, while Democrats may promote the benefits of marijuana for everyone (so they can tax the hell out of it), apparently the Joe Biden White House does not approve of its use among staffers. An unnamed number of staffers have been terminated for past usage as well as present usage. Watch that CBD oil, folks.
- 2021 Friday A: GOVERNOR ANDREW “KILLER” CUOMO NEWS- Things continue going from bad to worse for the so-called “Lov Gov” as the New Yorker publishes a ribald tale in which the governor is alleged to have said about a female staffer that he’s like to ‘mount her like a dog.’ Bow wow. Folks, when stories like this come out, you know your time as a public official has ended, it’s over, no mas, kaput, rode hard and put away wet. Amidst all these allegations, the Lov Gov’s approval ratings have collapsed to 39-percent. Next, a Quinnipiac poll says that ‘New Yorkers want to see Cuomo go, just not right now.’ Most believe he is a dead man walking in next year’s election, so they want the hypersexual governor to remain just where he’s at. Speaking of the 2022 Mid-Term, only 25-percent say they will vote for him again whereas a whopping 66-percent say he must go.
- 2021 Friday B: FOREIGN POLICY/OVERSEAS NEWS- the American people are shocked at how the representatives of the People’s Republic of China disrespected representatives of the Biden administration, most notably, Secretary of State Anthony Blinken and National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan.[v] The communists Chinese told the Biden administration they ‘have no room to lecture them about human rights abuses when black lives seemingly DON’T matter in the United States.’ Of course, like former U.S. Secretary of State John F. Kerry allowed the Iranians to abuse him in public on innumerable occasions, so, too, did the Chi-Coms abuse Secretary Blinken. The Chi-Coms told Blinken, Sullivan, and others in attendance that the ‘United States is NOT approaching the talks from a position of power.’ Our power is evaporating now that Donald Trump is no longer President Trump.[vi]
- 2021 Friday C: In other Chi-Com related news, the U.S. House of Representatives manages to squash an effort by the Republican minority to have Congressman Eric “Farter-in-Chief” Swalwell removed from the House Intelligence Committee seeking as how he had a lengthy sexual affair with Ministry of State Security secret agent Christine Fang, aka Fang-Fang, which only recently ended.[vii] In other foreign news, the U.S. House blasts the military junta in Myanmar demanding they free their detainees.
- 2021 Friday D: ILLEGAL ALIEN AND BORDER NEWS- the House Democrats pass an ‘immigration bill’ by a vote of 228-197 that will provide millions of illegal aliens with a pathway to citizenship. This includes DREAMers, farm workers, and anyone expelled under the Trump administration.[viii] Instead of re-establishing the old Bracero Program by which temporary workers could enter and exit the United States, the Democrats want the entire Third World to flood into the United States. Next, the Department of Homeland Security acknowledges that it’s spreading COVID-19 infected illegal aliens across the country. Meanwhile, Republican members of the House Judiciary Committee are demanding that chairperson Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, D-TX 18th congressional district, to hold hearings on the BORDER CRISIS. (Note- she won’t). Elsewhere, Texas Governor Greg Abbot acknowledges problems in Customs and Border Patrol holding pens for illegal aliens in that COVID-19 is running amok and problems with the water systems are rising. Not good. Finally, the Customs and Border Patrol is seeking help with air transport to send illegal aliens along the Canadian border so CBP officers up there can process all these frigging illegal aliens. WTF!
- 2021 Friday E: U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE AND SENATE NEWS- At least 73 House Democrats have signed a petition demanding House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi expel Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-GA 14th congressional district, from Congress. Meanwhile, Speaker “Mumbles” Pelosi is still trying to STEAL the certified election from Congresswoman Marionnette Miller-Meeks, R-IA 2nd congressional district.[ix] Why aren’t more Republicans standing up to the old bag and telling her to stop this sort of behavior? Enough is enough! Elsewhere, Congresswoman Lauren Boebert, R-CO 3rd congressional district, says that ‘the Equality Act does nothing for equality for women.’ Next, never-to-be-outdone, Senator Elizabeth “Pocahontas” Warren, D-MA, says that ‘the filibuster is a relic from the Jim Crow era.’[x] Moving on, Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-NY 14th congressional district, says that ‘challenging “Mumbles” Pelosi or Senate Majority Leader “Cryin’ Chuck” Schumer would be a lot to put on one person.’ Finally, Senate Democrats say that IF they fail to push through ‘filibuster reform,’ they will be facing ARMAGEDDON in the 2022 Mid-Term Elections.’
- 2021 Friday F: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS I- a father in British Columbia underwent arrest for defying a court order. What was the court order, you ask? He was speaking about his daughter’s transition from being a girl to being a freak, uh, we mean ‘boy.’ Excuse us for living. The father had no clue what was going on and that his wife was aiding the mixed-up kid to become a person of the opposite gender. The Canadian courts ordered him not to publicly comment on the matter but as a concerned parent, he felt he had no choice other than to express his feelings publicly since the government did not seem to give a dump. Welcome to the modern world. In other news, a wax museum in San Antonio, Texas, had to remove a wax effigy of President Donald J. Trump because dimwitted leftists were walking up and punching it in the face. Put those scumbags in prison. Speaking of the former president, a man was arrested by the Secret Service for threatening the 45th president as well as other government officials.
- 2021 Friday G: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS II- Following Oprah Winfrey’s interview with the person formerly-known-as-Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle, Britney Spears is considering doing a similar interview. Meanwhile, Queen Elizabeth says she is ‘not mad at Harry and Meghan, just saddened by their interview’ as are we. Talk about a pair of ingrates. Wow. Never seen anything like it. Elsewhere, Joe Biden addresses the matter of ‘his dog’ Major’s biting incident of a White House staffer but we learned nothing new about the matter. Go figure. Next, the judge in the trial of former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin in the death of George Floyd agrees that some evidence from Floyd’s 2019 arrest can be heard in the present trial. Finally, automaker Ford Motor Co. is building ‘computerless trucks’ sans chips due to a shortage of microchips.
- 2021 Friday H: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS III- Facebook says it’s going to create a kid-friendly form of Instagram. Meanwhile, as House Democrats seek to remove Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene from the body, Twitter suspends her for a brief period before admitting some sort of glitch did it. She’s back on the social media site.
- 2021 Friday I: COVID-19 NEWS- Senator Rand Paul, R-KY, tore the AMAZING Dr. Anthony Fauci to shreds during their meeting yesterday in the U.S. Senate. The junior senator from Kentucky slammed the guy for politicizing the virus by saying ‘fully vaccinated people do not have to wear masks so why, Dr. Fauci, are you out there prancing around saying we should continue wearing not one mask but at least two for the next TWO flipping years?’ The AMAZING Dr. Fauci tried to give as good as he was getting but the little wimp was getting pummeled. The only thing that saved this phony was the senator’s time ran out and it was time to move to another lawmaker. Next, a COVID-19 scientist involved in the vaccines says the next step is working on a cure for cancer. Speaking of the old Chi-Vi, the Centers for Disease Control reduces the social distancing for reopening schools. Rather than six feet, the distance is now three feet. Anything to do with Dr. Fauci getting his clock cleaned? You be the judge. Finally, Joe Biden is promoting a COVID-19 Hate Crimes bill following the Massage Parlor Massacres in Atlanta, Georgia, on March 16. Even though the perp says he did not go there to kill Asians, Democrats continue braying like the left-wing sheeple they are that it was an ANTI-ASIAN HATE CRIME. We’ve already addressed that bogus POS in the past couple of days.
- 2021 Friday J: Here are the COVID-19 statistics for the planet as a whole: 121,882,440 confirmed cases, +297,052, 2,692,806, confirmed deaths, +7,036, and 69,033,271 confirmed recoveries, +144,348. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 29,905,513 confirmed cases, up 58,699 from yesterday’s reporting, 545,131 confirmed deaths, UP 1,650, and 116,597,906 confirmed recoveries. Note- we are going to do our own estimates of recoveries based on percentages seeing as how the CDC won’t report them. It would appear in the age of ‘Joe Biden,’ people are becoming sicker with the Chinese Virus and dying faster than they did under Donald Trump. NOTE: SINCE JOE BIDEN BECAME PRESIDENT ON JANUARY 20, 2021, THERE HAVE BEEN 216,654 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States- El Presidente, in another two-and-a-half weeks, you will have tied the total number witnessed by the Trump administration in nearly a year of the Xi Jinping Bat Flu.
- 2021 Friday K: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 3,635,718 confirmed cases, 57,278 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 28,646 confirmed cases, 451 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same numbers for about two weeks now- what the heck is going on?). Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 355,396 confirmed cases, 5,225 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other piece of the U.S., the state of Vermont, aka the Green Mountain State: currently, they have 17,393 confirmed cases, 217 confirmed deaths, and 14,646 confirmed recoveries. Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 825,562 confirmed cases, 6,069 confirmed deaths, and 798,096 confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other country- Belgium, the home of Joseph Conrad’s “Heart of Darkness”- 822,801 cases of the ‘VID, 22,624 confirmed deaths but NO mention of confirmed recoveries.
- 2021 Friday L: Here are today’s Stock Market closes: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 32,627.97, DOWN 234.33 points (-0.71%). Next, the NASDAQ: 13,215.24, UP 99.067 points (+0.67%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 3,913.10, DOWN 2.36 points (-0.06%). The price of GOLD is $1,743.90 per troy oz., +2.20 (+0.13%) while the price of SILVER is $26.34 per troy ounce, +0.01 (+0.05%). The price of PLATINUM is $1,196.10 per troy oz, -4.00 (-0.13%) while the price of COPPER is $4.10 per pound, -0.01 (-0.22%). The price of PALLADIUM is $2,638.50 per troy oz, -46.50 (-1.71%). The price of RHODIUM is $2,175.00 per troy oz, +45.00 (+2.11%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $61.44 per barrel, +0.02 (+0.03%) Currently, one-dollar U.S. = 6.51 Chi-Com yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.84 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 20.49. As for Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000017. In Bahamian dollars, one greenback equals 1.00!
- 2021 Friday M: Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising by the day- in California, gasoline prices have risen to over $3.875 per gallon, $3.586 in Hawaii, and $3.310 in Washington state. Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $28,077,515,205,309 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but flipping TRILLIONS. Cloward and Piven running amok. More spending yet to come. Question: are the Democrats putting our country into debt servitude? It is beginning to look that way.
- 2021 Friday N: EVENING UPDATES- Foreign News- Houthi rebel drone strikes once again have caused problems for the Saudis as six drones flew in and hit the Aramco facility in Riyadh. Although they didn’t cause much damage, they still caused enough by causing some fires. However, oil production was not interrupted. Next, after the European Medicines Agency evaluated the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, they decided that the benefits far outweigh the risks and thus countries across Europe are back to using it to protect their citizens.
- 2021 Friday O: Ex-con Michael Cohen, former personal attorney for President Donald J. Trump met with New York City D.A. Cyrus Vance, Jr., for the eighth time today. Vance is trying to engineer a charge with which, he can ‘get’ Donald Trump. He wants to know if the 45th president exaggerated the value of his real estate investments so he could get much more favorable loans from his bankers. Stay tuned for further details (although we think Vance is tapping a dry hole). We shall see. In other news, apparently the quarterback of the Houston Texans, Deshaun Watson, is being accused by numerous spa employees for behaving in a sexually lewd and aggressive manner, something he wholeheartedly denies. Poor guy must be a Republican because seldom does anyone go after a Democrat for such matters unless, of course, they are unlikable scumbags such as Governor Andrew “Killer” Cuomo, former Senator Al Sharpton, and former Congressman John Conyers. Then, one is fair game. Finally, the feds are charging some Proud Boys leaders for their roles in the Capitol Hill Riots of January 06, 2021.
- 2021 Friday P: Stay tuned for tonight’s Mega Millions Draw #1643 with a $105 million jackpot on the line tonight. Here we go: 09, 14, 40, 59, 68, and Mega 08. In a very strange event, there were NO winners in California although across the country, there were 08. In a very strange event, there were NO winners in California although across the country, there were 549,204 winning tickets. We will check back tomorrow to see if this holds true. UPDATE on the Mega Millions- out of 75,180 winning tickets, there was but ONE winner- FOUR numbers plus the Mega for a prize of $48,322.
- 2022 Saturday: Thank God, it’s the weekend…
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0774 a 12” x 16” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Sunset Shades.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day.
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Robbie Robertson’s sophomore effort, “Storyville,” came out on September 30, 1991. This outing featured the guitarist/vocalist/keyboardist joined with other like-minded musicians performing Southern/New Orleans-style music. Always a musical traveler around all of North America and around the world, Robertson was loaded with musical influences that novices can only dream. Numerous musicians including Bruce Hornsby (piano/vocals), Guy Pratt (who took Roger Waters’ place in the reformed Pink Floyd on bass), and far too many other performers to mention in this brief promo. We hope you will seek out this excellent album, give it a good listen, and then make it a part of your daily listening pleasure- you will be glad you did. Check it out- now.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 03-19-2022, all rights reserved. (Editor’s Note: we pay the estate of Beverly Carrick an annual fee by which, we can show her paintings to the world. We make NO money from the estate’s sales of her world-famous artworks). Total Word Count: 5,379. Chef James “JT” Tobiason.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Beverly Carrick Fiery Sunset Desert Landscapes, Just the Facts, Unvarnished Truth- The, Britney Spears, The Grateful Dead, Tom Constantan, The Jefferson Starship, Paul Atkinson, the Zombies, Reich Minister of Armaments and War Production Albert Speer, President Nursultan Nazarbayev, Brazil, President Jair Bolsonaro, People’s Republic of China, Chi-Coms- the, Iran, Christine Fang aka Fang-Fang, Ministry of State Security, Chi-Com Covert Operations, British Columbia-Canada, Mr. and Mrs. Meghan Markle, Arab Spring- the, President Woodrow Wilson, President Barack Obama, U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice Fred M. Vinson, U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice Earl Warren, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Byron R. White, U.S. Joe Biden, U.S. Secretary of State William Jennings Bryan, Marijuana, Governor Andrew “Killer” Cuomo, New Yorker- the, U.S. Secretary of State Anthony Blinken, National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan, U.S. Secretary of State John F. Kerry, Black Lives Matter, House Intelligence Committee, Congressman Eric “Farter-in-Chief” Swalwell, U.S. House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi, Iowa State Senator Rita Hart, Senator Elizabeth “Pocahontas” Warren, Jim Crow, Filibuster, Filibuster Reform, Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, AOC, “Baby Evita”, Sandy Cortez, Senate Majority Leader “Cryin’ Chuck” Schumer, Oprah Winfrey, Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin, George Floyd, AMAZING Dr. Tony Fauci, Massage Parlor Massacres, Anti-Asian Hate, Democrats and Anti-Asian Bias, Identity Groups, COVID-19 Hate Crimes Bill, Armageddon, Transgenderism, Trannys, Sex-Changes, Mental Illness, President Dwight D. Eisenhower, President Donald J. Trump, Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, Congresswoman Lauren Boebert, Congresswoman Marionnette Miller-Meeks, President Gerald R. Ford, President George W. Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, Customs and Border Patrol, CBP- the, Senator Rand Paul, Atlanta-Georgia, San Antonio-Texas, COVID-19, Chi-Vi- the, The ‘VID, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, China Virus, China Virus Crisis, Yellow Fever 2019-2021, Communist China Condition, Kung Flu- The, Wuhan Waltz- The, BIG C-19- The, Wuhan Whoopie- The, COVID-19 Mandates, Pelosi Pox- The, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Hubei Hooey- The, Xi Jinping’s Bat Fu Yuk, Communist Killer Virus 2019-2021 and Onward, Chairman Xi’s Fever, Chairman Xi’s Gift to the World- the Chi-Vi, COVID-19- the Trump Whacker, COVID-19- the Hong Kong Democracy Movement Killer, DOW Jones Industrial Average, S & P 500, NASDAQ, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper, Palladium, Precious and Rare Metals, Light Sweet Crude Oil, U.S. Monetary Conversions, Monetary Conversions of the Day, Mexico, President Enrique Peña Nieto, Bitcoin, Chinese Yuan, European Euros, Mexican Pesos, Bahamian Dollar, Iraq War 2003, Roman Catholic Church, Pope Gregory IX, Pope Clement XI, Professional Boxing, Renaldo Snipes, Orlin “Night Train” Norris, California Lottery Results, Mega Millions, Mega Millions Draw #1643, Robbie Robertson, Chef James “JT” Tobiason,
[i] We began promoting the music of the Grateful Dead- including Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir, Mickey Hart, and Phil Lesh- beginning on Tuesday, 30-August-2011 through Wednesday, 11-January-2012. Then, we did a second series featuring more albums by this fabled San Francisco band beginning on Friday, 09-August-2013 through Monday, 19-August-2013. At some point, we will have to do a third series as the music from this band never ends. Please, seek them out and consider adding them to your collection.
[ii] We promoted the music of the Zombies, Argent, Rod Argent, and Colin Blunstone beginning on Monday, 28-October-2019 through Sunday, 05-January-2020. Please, check them out.
[iii] We promoted the music of the Jefferson Airplane, the Jefferson Starship, Starship, and of the various bands’ members beginning on Tuesday, 05-April-2011 through Sunday, 22-May-2011. Please look for them and enjoy.
[iv] So far, the Biden administration has not answered Vladimir Putin’s challenge.
[v] We suspect that this will be the final time in which, Chi-Com officials meet with Biden administration officials on U.S. soil; no, from here on out, all meetings will be held in communist China and every visiting American diplomat will be undergoing the now-infamous anal swabs. Serves them right.
[vi] The Biden administration is in such dire straits that we expect to see the Chi-Coms finish the job in Hong Kong, that the gates of landing craft will soon be hitting the wet sand on Taiwan’s beaches, that the Russians will make additional moves to re-establish the old Soviet Union, that the Iranians will incorporate Iraq and intimidate the rest of the Middle East, and that Kim Jong Un will begin firing a barrage of ballistic missiles into South Korea. Who is going to stop these bad actors? Certainly not an enfeebled old Joe Biden and a politicized Pentagon. We’re toast, folks. I guess we will salute the new world order.
[vii] It only ended because her cover was blown, and she had to scurry back to the PRC. We suspect this poor girl must shower every time she has the displeasure of thinking about Congressman Swalwell. Poor thing. It sucks to feel sorry for a Chi-Com intelligence agent more so than a fellow American, but Swalwell is an embarrassment to the entire country.
[viii] At least 3 million illegal aliens will be legalized immediately, and taxpayer dollars will be used to import millions more illegal aliens.
[ix] Election results were counted at least 3 times and each time they were counted, Miller-Meeks beat Democratic Party challenger Rita Hart. Rita Hart ran to Speaker Pelosi blubbering and crying ‘she was robbed’ so now “Mumbles” Pelosi is seeking to STEAL the election away from Miller-Meeks and give it to crybaby Hart.
[x] It’s no surprise she doesn’t know what she is talking about. The filibuster exists to protect the rights of the minority and the Democrats have used it repeatedly to protect them when they are in the minority (which may never happen again, thanks to H.R. 1).