TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
SPRING SESSION 2022
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 220
101. TODAY IN HISTORY—MONDAY, APRIL 11, 2022:
U.S. Supreme Court of the United States Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes; Acting U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan; U.S. Secretaries of State Edward Everett, Bainbridge Colby, Charles Evans Hughes, and Dean Acheson; U.S. Treasury Secretary Nicholas F. Brady; U.S. Secretary of War John W. Weeks; Soviet leader Konstantin U. Chernenko; Venezuelan thug dictator Hugo Chavez; the J. Geil’s Band featuring John Geils:
- 672 Thursday: The 77th Roman Catholic Pope Adeodatus II assumes his position as the Vicar of Christ on this date. He would guide his flock from today until June 17, 676.
- 678 Thursday: The reign of the 78th Roman Catholic Pontiff- Pope Donus- ends on this date. He first became the shepherd of all Christendom on November 02, 676.
- 896 Wednesday: The reign of the 112th Roman Catholic Pope Boniface VI begins on this date. He would guide his earthly flock from today until April 26, 896.
- 1111 Tuesday: The reign of the 160.3rd Roman Catholic Antipope Sylvester IV ends on this date. Elected in opposition to Pope Paschal II, Sylvester IV first became pontiff on November 08, 1105.
- 1471 Tuesday: King Edward IV of England conquers London from King Henry VI.
- 1564 Saturday: England and France sign the Peace of Troyes.
- 1689 Monday: William III and Mary II undergo crowning as joint sovereigns of Britain.
- 1713 Tuesday: The Treaty of Utrecht undergoes signing, ending the War of Spanish Succession.
- 1775 Tuesday: The last execution for witchcraft in Germany takes place.
- 1783 Friday: Upon receiving a copy of the provisional treaty on March 13, the U.S. Congress proclaims that hostilities formally cease in the American Revolutionary War.
- 1794 Friday: In Dorchester, Massachusetts, the future 20th U.S. Secretary of State Edward Everett is born. He would serve under President Millard Fillmore from November 06, 1852, to March 04, 1853. Over the course of his lifetime, he was a member of several political parties: National Republican, Whig, Constitutional Union, National Union.
- 1814 Monday: After Napoleon Bonaparte abdicated as the French emperor, the British and their allies then banished him to the island of Elba.
- 1848 Tuesday: Hungary becomes a constitutional monarchy under King Ferdinand of Austria.
- 1856 Friday: Costa Rica beats back William Walker’s invading Nicaraguan army.
- 1860 Wednesday: In Lancaster, Pennsylvania, future 48th U.S. Secretary of War John W. Weeks is born. A future Republican, he would serve under President Warren G. Harding from March 05, 1921, to October 13,1925.
- 1862 Friday: In Glens Falls, N.Y., future 44th U.S. secretary of state and 11th U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice of the United States Charles Evans Hughes is born. As secretary of state, Hughes- a Republican- served under President Warren G. Harding from March 05, 1921, to March 04, 1925. As for the U.S. Supreme Court, Hughes was the 62nd over all justice on the nation’s highest court. President Herbert Hoover nominated him to fill William Howard Taft’s seat and as the 11th chief justice of the court, he served from February 24, 1930, to June 30, 1941.
- 1864 Monday: During the Civil War, the Battle of Mobile, Alabama, takes place with the results that the Confederate troops abandon the city.
- 1865 Tuesday: President Abraham Lincoln spoke to a crowd outside the White House, saying, “We meet this evening, not in sorrow, but in gladness of heart.” (It was the last public address that President Lincoln would ever deliver).
- 1868 Saturday: Japan abolishes the Shogunate.
- 1876 Tuesday: General Sir Charles Gordon ends religious tolerance in the Sudan. Elsewhere, the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks underwent organization on this date.
- 1890 Friday: The federal government designates Ellis Island, New York, as an immigration station.
- 1893 Tuesday: In Middletown, CT, future 51st U.S. Secretary of State Dean Acheson is born. A Democrat, he served under President Harry S. Truman from January 21, 1949, to January 20, 1953.
- 1898 Monday: President William F. McKinley asks for a declaration of war against Spain.
- 1899 Tuesday: The Treaty of Paris ends the Spanish-American War with the result that Spain cedes Puerto Rico to the United States.
- 1906 Wednesday: Physicist Albert Einstein introduces his Theory of Relativity.
- 1912 Thursday: The RMS Titanic leaves Queenstown, Ireland, bound for New York.
- 1913 Friday: Postmaster General Albert S. Burleson, during a meeting of President Woodrow’s cabinet, proposed gradually segregating whites and blacks who worked for the Railway Mail Service, a policy that went into effect and spread to other agencies.
- 1921 Monday: Iowa became the first state to impose a cigarette tax, at 2 cents a package. Meanwhile, the first live sports event on radio took place on KDKA Radio. The event was a boxing match between Johnny Ray and Jonny Dundee.
- 1930 Friday: In New York City, N.Y., future 68th U.S. Treasury Secretary Nicholas F. Brady is born. A future Republican, he would serve under Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush from September 15, 1988, to January 17, 1993.
- 1931 Saturday: Construction on the Empire State Building in New York City ended on this date, with the official opening set for May 1, 1931.
- 1941 Friday: The German Luftwaffe blitzes the city of Coventry, England.
- 1944 Tuesday: Russian Generals Fyodor Tolbukhin and Andrey Yeremenko are preparing to hammer the German and Rumanian troops going to ground around Sebastopol in the Ukraine. They have a total of 470,000 seasoned battle troops, 560 tanks and self-propelled guns not to mention a vast air armada and artillery divisions at their command. Hitler promises his troops that he will send them reinforcements, but the Germans cannot train them fast enough to go into the meatgrinder on the Eastern Front.[i]
- 1945 Wednesday: During World War II, American soldiers liberated the notorious Nazi concentration camp Buchenwald in Germany.
- 1947 Friday: Jackie Robison became the first black player in major league history by playing in an exhibition game with the Brooklyn Dodgers.
- 1950 Tuesday: In Bemus Point, N.Y., the 43rd U.S. Secretary of State Bainbridge Colby died. He began political life as a member of the GOP, then a Progressive, and finally a Democrat. He served under President Woodrow Wilson from March 23, 1920, to March 04, 1921.
- 1951 Wednesday: President Harry S. Truman relieved General Douglas McArthur of his commands in the Far East.
- 1954 Sunday: As the Battle of Dien Bien Phu continues to rage, Lt. Colonel “Gars Pierre” Langlais reorganizes the remaining portion of the camp and outlying posts into five sectors, all commanded by a single officer who would report directly to him. The French are beginning to regain their confidence as radio eavesdropping of their communist enemies show that morale is extremely low on their side. Thousands of People’s Army soldiers have been killed or wounded and General Giap is having to scramble to get reinforcements of his own sent to what many in other parts of the country believe is little more than a burial ground. Can the French sustain the fight? Can the communists? We shall see.[ii]
- 1956 Wednesday: France decides to send 200,000 reservists to the war in Algeria.
- 1961 Tuesday: Israel commences its prosecution of war criminal Adolf Eichmann for genocide.
- 1963 Thursday: the 261st Roman Catholic Pope John XXIII issued his final encyclical, “Pacem in Terris”— “Peace on Earth.”
- 1967 Tuesday: In Miami Beach, Florida, heavyweight boxer “Smokin’ Joe” Frazier scores a 5th-round TKO over opponent, Jefferson Davis, to put his pro record to 15-0.
- 1968 Thursday: President Lyndon Baines Johnson signs the 1968 Civil Rights Act.
- 1970 Saturday: Apollo 13 with astronauts James A. Lovell, Fred W. Haise and Jack Swigert, blasted off on its ill-fated mission to the moon.
- 1976 Sunday: Computer geeks create the Apple I computer on this date.
- 1979 Wednesday: As rebels and exiles backed by Tanzanian forces seize control of his ruined nation, the people depose Idi Amin as president of Uganda.
- 1980 Friday: The Equal Employment Commission regulates sexual harassment on the job.
- 1981 Saturday: In Paradise, Nevada, at Caesar’s Palace, Larry Holmes, aka the Easton Assassin, beats Trevor Berbick in a 15 round unanimous decision to retain the WBC and The Ring magazine heavyweight boxing titles of the world. With the win, Holmes record improved to 37-0 while Berbick’s record dropped to 18—2-1. Meanwhile, at the Concord Resort Hotel in Thompson, N.Y., heavyweight boxer, “Terrible Tim” Witherspoon scored an 8-round unanimous decision over opponent, Dave Johnson, to put his pro record to 9-0. Elsewhere, President Ronald Reagan returned to the White House from the hospital, 12 days after he was wounded in an assassination attempt.
- 1984 Wednesday: General-Secretary Konstantin U. Chernenko becomes president of the Soviet Union on this date. Meanwhile, Chinese troops invade Vietnam because Vietnam won’t comply with the Chi-Com demands.
- 1991 Thursday: The UN Security Council issues a ceasefire in the case of Desert Storm and the invasion of Iraq.
- 1992 Saturday: In Paradise, Nevada, heavyweight boxer “Big George” Foreman won a 10-round unanimous decision over his opponent, Alex “The Destroyer” Stewart, to put his professional record to 71-3. As for the ‘Destroyer,” his record went to 28-4.
- 1996 Thursday: The Detroit Red Wings become the second NHL team to win 60 games in a season. Elsewhere, in Vancouver, Canada, heavyweight boxer James “Bonecrusher” Smith scores a TKO of opponent, Troy Roberts, at the 2:36 minute mark of Round 3 in a scheduled 10-round heavyweight bout. “Bonecrusher” Smith’s record went to 42-15-1 with the victory.
- 1998 Saturday: The executive committee of the Ulster Union Party voted 55-23 to support the Northern Ireland peace accord and its leader, David Trimble, who had outmaneuvered rebels in his ranks.
- 2001 Wednesday: The crew of the damaged U.S. spy plane forced to land in Hainan Island off the coast of mainland China is released. However, their plane is kept for another couple of weeks so the Chi-Coms can go over every inch of the plane before sending it back to President George W. Bush in pieces.
- 2002 Thursday: An attempted coup d’état takes place in Venezuela against thug president Hugo Chavez. More than half-a-million angry, pissed off Venezuelans marching through the streets. You people should have overthrown this thug when you had the opportunity.
- 2003 Friday: U.S. troops begin rolling into Mosul, Iraq, on this date encountering minimal resistance. Once the ‘shock and awe’ of U.S. hammer blows on Iraqi forces became overwhelming, many units began moving into the Round 2 strategy of melting into the population and initiating a guerilla war against the Coalition forces. This would go on for several years. Violent, bloody, and damned depressing.
- 2004 Sunday: It’s Easter Sunday and President George W. Bush is visiting U.S. troops at a base in Iraq, one that’s been hit hard by fighting and attacks. The president acknowledges it’s been a harrowing week and professes NO idea as to when things might improve. We probably should not have invaded the country, President Bush, it was a BIG FLIPPING mistake. Still, we broke it, it’s ours.
- 2005 Monday: Hezbollah sends several drones into Israeli airspace, claiming to be conducting reconnaissance over the world’s only Jewish state in response to some border problems between Lebanon and Israel. The Israeli Air Force takes to the skies and conducts numerous low-level air penetrations all across southern Lebanon. The Hezbollah rats scurry back into their sewers.
- 2006 Tuesday: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announces that Iran has successfully enriched uranium. Elsewhere, terror befalls tens of thousands of revelers celebrating the birth of the Prophet Muhammad as a suicide bomber sets off a device that blows 47 to meet the Prophet sooner than they planned and injures another 85-90 people. What the hell is wrong with these people?
- 2007 Wednesday: The U.S. Senate is considering a bill with which to allow more scientific research on stem cells. However, President George W. Bush threatens a veto as he should. Meanwhile, the chair of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee (and presidential candidate) Joseph R. Biden says he backs the idea of using force in Darfur. What is it about these Deep Staters who want to involve the United States in wars across the planet? Enough is enough. We are tied down in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- 2008 Friday: Somali pirates operating in the Gulf of Aden (goes on year after year) release 30 hostages captured aboard a French luxury yacht plying the area. Folks, who the f**k wants to take a scenic trip through ‘pirate alley?’ (We heard once that the Saudis were considering filling a yacht with people who wanted to light the pirates up just for sport. Now that is a boat upon which, we would love to sail!).
- 2009 Saturday: In the Gulf of Aden, the French navy does battle with Somali pirates who captured a yacht. The sailors kill several of the thugs, rout the rest, and recover at least four hostages. We believe it’s time for world powers to join forces and wipe out this scourge of scumbags. This is the 21st century, folks.
- 2010 Sunday: Tehran announces that the Iranians will participate in the upcoming Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty talks in New York. Of course, they are going to say and do anything necessary for them to continue keeping their nuclear weapons program a clandestine one. Elsewhere, Poles around the world are commencing a week of mourning their leader, President Lech Kaczynski, who died along with several others in a mysterious plane crash outside Smolensk, Russia.
- 2011 Monday: In France, a law banning the wearing of the burqa and the hijab goes into effect on this day—screw the Muslims! In Egypt in Cairo’s Tahrir Square, protesters demanding ousted President Hosni Mubarak face charges for all kinds of crimes and who were lit up the day before are back demanding all sorts of reforms be instituted to make the country more ‘Islamic.’
- 2012 Wednesday: The North Korean Workers Party names Kin Jong Un First Secretary, with his father, Kim Jong IL as the party’s “eternal” General Secretary. Elsewhere, rescuers reach nine trapped miners in a collapses copper mine in the southern part of Peru.
- 2013 Thursday: Malawi President Joyce Banda accuses singer Madonna of ‘bullying state officials’ after exaggerating the contributions of her charity and complaining about her treatment during a recent visit to the country. Elsewhere, Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan’s offer of amnesty for Boko Haram thugs- if they’d straighten up and stop murdering and abducting people- is rejected by the terrorist group.
- 2014 Friday: Budget director Sylvia Mathews Burwell is nominated to replace Kathleen Sibelius as U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services. Meanwhile, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducts Cat Stevens[iii], Nirvana[iv], KISS[v], Hall & Oates[vi], Linda Ronstadt[vii], and Peter Gabriel[viii] on this date. Meanwhile, as Muslims and Christians kill one another in the Central African Republic, the United Nations agrees to send 12,000 blue helmets to keep the two groups from continuing the bloodshed.
- 2015 Saturday: According to Brainy History, U.S. President Barack Obama and Cuban President Raul Castro meet at the Summit of the Americas in Panama for talks aimed at thawing relations; the historic meeting marks the first interaction in decades between top leaders of the two nations. President Obama loves communists, and he loves jihadists, especially Shiite ones.
- 2016 Monday: In war-torn Yemen, a U.N.-backed ceasefire goes into effect between Saudi Arabia and Iranian-backed Houthi rebels. Elsewhere, Goldman Sachs, seen as one of the big causes of the 2008 fiscal crisis that conveniently helped Barack Hussein Obama win the White House reached a settlement with the federal government for having sold ‘derivatives,’ packages of mortgages that contained numerous dogs which when everything went to hell took the entire economy down with it. Anyhow, Goldman Sachs agreed to pay $5.06 billion to settle all claims.
- 2017 Tuesday: Famed rock-and-roll guitarist and co-leader of the J. Geils’ Band[ix], John J. Geils, died from natural causes on this date in Groton, Massachusetts, at age 71. Elsewhere, as U.S. Navy assets approach the two Koreas, Kim Jong Un goes to the microphone banks to address his people (as well as the world) and threatens WAR with the United States if they don’t pull their forces back. Elsewhere, a U.S. airstrike goes awry in Syria as American jets seeking to light up a bunch of ISIS scumbags instead kills 18 allied Syrian Democratic Forces troops.
- 2018 Wednesday: The Palestinians are upset that Israeli troops and a sniper who took out a Hamas thug got off without being in trouble. Thus, they set off a bomb near some Israeli construction equipment which then leads the Israeli Defense Forces to light up some Hamas positions in the Gaza Strip. What the hell is wrong with these people? Meanwhile, other trouble-makers in the region- the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels- launch some rockets into Saudi Arabia one of which shows up in the skies over Riyadh but is taken down by Saudi air force jets.
- 2019 Thursday: Today, things ended for Julian Assange as British police forcibly removed him from the Ecuadoran embassy in London. The United States wants him extradited so he can stand charges for his role in Wikileaks releasing loads of secret Iraq war documents. Elsewhere, the son of a local sheriff in the great state of Louisiana undergoes arrest for having committed several acts of arson against historically black churches in the state. Holden Matthews would eventually receive a sentence of 25 years in a federal prison with hate crimes attached. POS.
- 2019 Thursday A: The 6.1st Acting U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan assumed office on this date. He would serve under President Donald J. Trump from today until November 13, 2019.
- 2020 Saturday: The day before Easter Sunday, Christian churches around the United States are under statewide and local orders NOT to perform services thanks to the despicable virus engineered in communist China and dispatched around the world. Around the world, there are 1,684,833 confirmed cases of the COVID-19 Wuhan Virus Crisis with 102,136 confirmed deaths and 375,499 confirmed recoveries. In the United States, Americans continue suffering thanks to our ‘friends’ in the People’s Republic of China what with 530,463 confirmed cases, 20,499 confirmed deaths, and 31,340 confirmed recoveries. In order to fight this malignant plague, the Democratic Party wants to coopt the nation’s election systems and have everyone vote by mail. What?
- 2021 Sunday: COVID-19 STATISTICS FOR THE PLANET AS A WHOLE: 135,869,704 confirmed cases, +839,540, 2,935,271 confirmed deaths, +14,734, and 77,284,566 confirmed recoveries, +508,538. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 31,397,113 confirmed cases, UP 48,882 from yesterday’s reporting, 567,591 confirmed deaths, UP 449, and 119,003,025 confirmed recoveries. Note- we are going to do our own estimates of recoveries based on percentages seeing as how the CDC won’t report them.[x]
- 2021 Sunday A: NOTE: SINCE JOE BIDEN BECAME PRESIDENT ON JANUARY 20, 2021, THERE HAVE BEEN 239,048 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States- feeble old Joe, in another two to three weeks, you will have tied the total number witnessed by the Trump administration in nearly a year of the rampaging coronavirus pandemic.
- 2021 Sunday B: COVID-19 STATISTICS in the four states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Florida, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 3,696,791 confirmed cases, 60,334 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Moving on, here are the numbers for Florida: 2,124,233 confirmed cases, 34,021 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s count). Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 30,956 confirmed cases, 471 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s count). Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 377,979 confirmed cases, 5,373 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s). Let us look at one other portion of the U.S., Oklahoma, home of the late great Bass Reeves, the true Lone Ranger: they have 442,805 confirmed cases, 6,691 confirmed deaths, but sadly, NO mention of confirmed recoveries.[xi]
- 2021 Sunday C: Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 835,933 confirmed cases, 6,296 confirmed deaths, and 825,579 confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other country- Kazakhstan, yet another loyal client state of Russia: 320,881 cases of the virus, 3,267 confirmed deaths and 284,034 confirmed recoveries.[xii]
- 2021 Sunday D: U.S. CURRENCY COMPARED TO FOREIGN: Today, Bitcoin to one U.S. greenback = 0.000017. As for Chi-Com money, one-dollar U.S. = 6.56 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.84 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 20.19. In Ecuadorian Sucre, one greenback equals 25,000.00 and in French Pacific Franc, a buck equals 100.24.[xiii]
- 2021 Sunday E: U.S. NATIONAL DEBT AND GASOLINE PRICES IN THE THREE STATES IN WHICH WE HAVE CHEF-AUTHORS– Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising by the day- in California, gasoline prices have risen to over $3.932 per gallon, $2.839 in Florida, $3.725 in Hawaii, and $3.336 in Washington state.[xiv] Let’s look at one other location- Georgia: $2.708. Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $28,160,214,670,182 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but flipping TRILLIONS.[xv] Cloward and Piven running amok.
- 2022 Monday: COVID-19 Statistics for The Planet as a Whole– 499,644,267 confirmed cases, +458,572, 6,205,518 confirmed deaths, +2,146 and 449,418,898 confirmed recoveries, +703,516. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 82,101,946 confirmed cases, UP 38,957 from yesterday’s reporting, 1,012,427 confirmed deaths, UP 276,[xvi] and 79,952,429 confirmed recoveries, UP to 43,909. We genuinely welcome COVID Live Update World Meter for being honest in covering ALL the numbers- God bless them.[xvii]
- 2022 Monday A: Joe Biden to Donald J. Trump Covid-19 Deaths– Note: since Joe Biden became president on January 20, 2021, there have been 563,134 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States- intellectually inadequate old Joe, by the end of the year, you will have tied the total number seen by the Trump administration in a year of the raging coronavirus pandemic. Under President Trump’s watch, there were 404,645 fatalities from the Chi-Com Bat Virus. From this point forward, ALL COVID-19 deaths are atop Joe Biden. He has surpassed President Donald J. Trump’s 15-month number by 198,469 Chi-Com lab-engineered virus deaths in FIFTEEN MONTHS. Joe has accomplished this onerous task in 446 days. He promised that he would lockdown the virus, NOT the country.
- 2022 Monday B: COVID-19 Statistics in the four states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Florida, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 9,133,348 confirmed cases, 89,498 confirmed deaths, and 8,881,898 confirmed recoveries. Moving on, here are the numbers for Florida: 5,911,882 confirmed cases, 73,583 confirmed deaths, and 5,796,163 confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 241,972 confirmed cases, 1,382 confirmed deaths, and 236,602 of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 1,467,059 confirmed cases, 12,566 confirmed deaths, and 1,429,877 confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other part of the U.S., Montana: they have 272,919 confirmed cases, 3,255 confirmed deaths, and 269,320 confirmed recoveries.[xviii]
- 2022 Monday C: Foreign Covid Stats of The Day– Now that Mo has moved to Israel, let us look at the statistics there: 4,006,177 confirmed cases, 10,591 confirmed deaths, and 3,941,841 confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other portion of the world- St. Barth, 209th place on the list: 4,313 cases of the virus, 6 confirmed death and 4,307 confirmed recoveries.[xix]
- 2022 Monday D: Stock Market Closes/Precious and Rare Metals– DOW Jones Industrial Average: 34,308.08, DOWN 413.04 points (-1.19%). Next, the NASDAQ: 13,411.96 DOWN 299.04 points (-2.18%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 4,412.53, DOWN 75.75 points (-1.69%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $95.10 per barrel, +0.81 (+0.86%). The price of GOLD is $1,956.10 per troy oz., +7.90 (+0.41%) while the price of SILVER is $25.23 per troy ounce, +0.24 (+0.97%). The price of PLATINUM is $981.20 per troy oz, +3.40 (+0.35%) while the price of COPPER is $4.63 per pound, 0.00 (-0.04%).[xx] The price of PALLADIUM is $2,448.73 per troy oz., +16.56 (+0.68%). The price of RHODIUM is $18,900.00 per troy oz., -100.00 (-0.53%). The price of NEODYMIUM is $1,180,000.00 per CNY/T, -30,000.00 (-2.48%). The price of ALUMINUM is $3,229.00 per USD/T, -145.50 (-4.31%). The price of ZINC is $4,320.00 per USD/T., +65.50 (+1.54%). The price of COCOA is $2,616.00 per USD/T, -4.00 (-0.15%). The price of COFFEE is $236.60 per USD/T, +4.95 (+2.14%). The price of LUMBER is $886.30 USD 1,000 board feet -63.60 (-6.70%).[xxi] Currently, Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000025. As for Chi-Com money, one-dollar U.S. = 6.37 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.92 euros, in Mexican pesos equals 19.92, and in Russian rubles, one dollar equals 81.00 of theirs. In Iraqi Dinar, one greenback equals 1,458.50 and in Jamaican Dollar, a buck equals 153.87 and in Japanese Yen, one dollar equals 125.42 of theirs.[xxii]
- 2022 Monday E: U.S. National Debt and Gasoline Prices in The Four States in Which We Have Chef-Authors– Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising and lowering by the day and NOTE- these prices are sans TAXES- in California, gasoline prices have moved to $5.763 per gallon, $4.072 in Florida, $5.228 in Hawaii, and $4.680 in Washington state.[xxiii] Let us look at one other portion of the United States: District of Columbia- $4.237. We are going to do something else that could be fun- gasoline prices around the world going from cheapest to highest. The next country on the list has the 13th LOWEST gasoline price in the world- Egypt: $1.971 per U.S. Gallon.[xxiv] Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $30,378,296,809,101 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but frigging TRILLIONS.[xxv] Cloward and Piven causing problems like they always do which is not good- those two bastards should have met their ends on the chopping block. As for holders of U.S. debt, after Thailand the next largest holder of U.S. debt is Germany. This nation holds $75,000,000,000 of U.S. debt (it is important to note that these numbers vary every day with one nation after another jockeying for top position).
- 2022 Monday F: Joe Biden’s Ukraine-Russian Manufactured Crisis– Russian troops operating in Ukraine have been nominated for ‘Darwin Awards’ over the idiots removing ‘radioactive souvenirs’ from the Chernobyl power plant in Ukraine. Meanwhile, Ukrainian military authorities are alleging the Russians have used drones with which to disperse chemical weapons in the beleaguered port city of Mariupol. Civilian and military authorities are awaiting independent confirmation that the Russians did indeed use chemical weapons. Speaking of such barbarism, a Chechen leader says that Russian President Vladimir Putin should indeed use tactical nuclear weapons to subdue the Ukrainians. Still, Moscow claims they have eradicated all of Ukraine’s S-300 missile systems.
- 2022 Monday G: Joe Biden’s Ukraine-Russian Manufactured Crisis II– Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says ‘Russia will not suspend its military operations in Ukraine even as ‘peace talks’ between the two countries are underway. Meanwhile, although the Russians claim otherwise, the mayor of Mariupol says that at least 10,000 civilians have died during the siege and that when the siege is lifted, the true numbers of dead civilians could double that. How is it the United Nations is not raising troops from member countries and forcing Russia to stop its malevolent actions in a peaceful country?
- 2022 Monday H: Joe Biden’s Border Catastrophe I– Vice President Kamala Harris- California’s shame- has been in charge of the U.S.-Mexico border disaster for the past 374 days and worse, she has not shown up to do more than a couple hours’ worth of work in 288 days. What has the country done to deserve a vice president such as her? Okay, we do our best to continue computing the true costs of illegal immigration on America, the same way that One America News did prior to Direct TV removing them from their list of channels. Perhaps because we continue promoting the honest-to-God numbers to the best of our abilities, perhaps this is why we find ourselves under assault from some of the biggest search engines. It is what it is. The cost of caring for the illegal alien invaders since January 01, 2022, is $642,844,149. The cost of caring for the Biden-Harris illegals since the undynamic duo took their oaths with which they swore to uphold the U.S. Constitution is $42,388,919,892. The number of illegals we estimate to have crossed the border since January 20, 2021, is 1,026,488. Fourth and final, the conservative low estimate of illegal aliens in the country is 45,401,750. We believe the numbers to be closer to 85-to-125 million illegal aliens which is the prime reason our country is in a state of economic malaise (not to mention liberal policies).[xxvi] (Sources for the AICPENDBLOG.COM Illegal Alien Numbers: Center for Immigration Studies, Department of Homeland Security, Federation for American Immigration Reform, Institute for Defense Analyses, Yale, MIT, and, of course, the God-given common sense each of us has at his or her disposal).
- 2022 Monday I: Vaccine Manufacturers’ Stock Prices (Follow the Money) News– (1) Pfizer: $53.97 (2) AstraZeneca: $70.63 (3) Novavax: $57.54 (4) Merck & Company: $86.63 (5) Johnson & Johnson: $179.88 (6) BioNTech: $170.55 (7) Moderna: $160.00.
- 2022 Monday J: Military Suppliers’ Stock Prices (Follow the Money 2) News– (1) Raytheon: $102.12 (2) Boeing: $175.04 (3) General Dynamics: $243.55 (4) Lockheed Martin: $464.30 (5) Northrop-Grumman: $462.14.
- 2022 Monday K: PPE Manufacturers’ Stock Prices (Follow the Money 3) News– (1) Ansell Ltd.: $25.53 (2) DuPont: $68.48 (3) 3M: $150.12 (4) Honeywell: $189.27 (5) Teijen: $1,312.00.
- 2022 Monday L: Artificial (Fake) Meat Manufacturers’ Stock Prices (Follow the Money 4) News– (1) Maple Leaf Foods/Tofurkey: $23.55 (2) Beyond Meat: $43.96 (3) Kellogg’s/Morning Star Farms: $67.86.
- 2022 Monday M: Big Box Store Stock Prices (Follow the Money 5) News– (1) Wal-Mart: $154.33 (2) Lowe’s: $204.75 (3) Home Depot: $306.89 (4) Costco Wholesale Corp: $584.67 (5) Amazon: $3,022.44.
- 2022 Monday N: Joe Biden Regime News I– The White House is preparing for ‘extraordinarily-elevated CPI numbers,’ numbers that are sure to lead massive losses in House and Senate seats in November. Next, the administration nominates a new commander to lead NATO forward. Meanwhile, even as COVID-19 numbers continue tanking, the Biden administration is seeking a resumption of forcing EVERY federal worker or contractor to undergo forced vaccination with one of the COVID-19 vaccines.
- 2022 Monday O: Joe Biden Regime News II– Although President Joe Biden is going to continue forcing all federal workers to undergo vaccination with the COVID-19 vaccines- and although Dr. Anthony Fauci continues saying the American people are going to have to learn to live with this foul disease, the Pentagon is moving onto the next pandemic, whatever it might be.
- 2022 Monday P: Political News I– Law enforcement officers in Pennsylvania arrested an elderly man who was sticking “I DID THAT” stickers onto gasoline pumps. The stickers featured President Joseph R. Biden pointing to the exorbitant cost of the gas pumped. Other hilarious stickers featured the nation’s vice president, quoted as saying, “I HELPED.” While we recognize gas station owners must peel the stickers off- sometimes with difficulty- one cannot sidestep the fact that energy costs are sky high, and that the Biden-Harris administration bears COMPLETE responsibility and not Vladimir Putin’s war in Ukraine.
- 2022 Monday Q: Political News II– Fox News Channel’s Tucker Carlson blasted the White House and its stance on gender affirming/gender reassignment surgeries. Of course, the White House is a big proponent of life-altering gender surgeries which seems rather devilish to many. Next, famed economist Peter Navarro says that a ‘perfect storm’ of stagflation is heading our way. In other news, Texas General Land Office Commissioner George P. Bush says, ‘it’s right for Governor Greg Abbott to send illegal aliens- what the left euphemistically labels as ‘undocumented migrants- to Washington, D.C., and to other ‘sanctuary locales.’ Finally, in other news Democrat locales would be wise to emulate, Governor Ron DeSantis signed a bill this morning with which to bolster fatherhood programs across the Sunshine State.
- 2022 Monday R: Political News III– Stacey Abrams-backed election law in the Peach State is going to trial. Meanwhile, in Iowa, a hubbub continues following last night’s ruling by a judge in the state that won’t permit Senator Chuck Grassley’s struggling Democratic challenger- Abby Finkenauer to appear on the state’s Democratic Party primary ballot. To qualify for the primary ballot, a candidate must have 100 signatures- or more- each from 19 counties to make the grade. Although the Finkenauer campaign submitted more than 3,500 signatures, she did not get the necessary number to face off against Senator Grassley. C’ est la vie. Of the signatures, questions swirled around three of them from two counties. Go figure. Stop registering illegal aliens.
- 2022 Monday S: Political News IV– Senator Joe Manchin, D-W. VA, says the White House is being mum on its plans with which to shove portions of the Build Back Better plan through to fruition. We can only speculate what other evil crap the administration is attempting to insert into this doomed-to-fail bill. Election Day is fast approaching and contrary to what many progressives are trumpeting, not every Democrat wants to lose his or her seat supporting this crumbling ‘signature package.’
- 2022 Monday T: Second Amendment News– The National Rifle Association has slammed President Joseph R. Biden’s new executive orders on the evil ‘ghost guns.’ Since before the founding of the country, Americans have made their own firearms and ammunition and even though President Biden believes he has a winner with this issue, Americans will continue making their own guns and crafting their own ammunition. It is what free people in a free country do. We are not communist China yet nor if older Americans continue defending freedom from the new generation of indoctrinated losers, we will continue doing this until the day we die.
- 2022 Monday U: California Lottery Results-Powerball Monday Night Draw- here are the results for the Powerball Draw #974 with a jackpot of $85 million up for grabs: 05, 07, 24, 31, 34, and Power 04. Out of 62,911 winning tickets, the highest winner was ONE person who had FOUR numbers plus the Powerball for a prize of $33,732.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0797 a 30” x 40” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Cascade.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day.
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Every artist releases a ‘20th Century Masters,’ i.e., best of compilation, and Robbie Robertson is no different. We have a collection of the guitarist’s most beloved tunes all in one place so what do you have to lose? We mourn the loss of the Band just as we celebrated the others regrouping and trying to regain some steam. We also love Robbie Robertson’s unique songwriting abilities, talent that gave us songs that 50 years later are as powerful and as poignant as they are today, especially when put up against crap from Maroon Five, Coldplay, and other Bozo bands that dupe younger fans into believing they are something of value. Please, seek this album out, give it a good listen, and consider making it a part of your daily listening pleasure- you will be glad you did.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 04-11-2022, all rights reserved. (Editor’s Note: we pay the estate of Beverly Carrick an annual fee by which, we can show her paintings to the world. We make NO money from the estate’s sales of her world-famous artworks). Total Word Count: 3,989. Moses Scharbug III.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Beverly Carrick Fiery Sunset Desert Landscapes, Just the Facts, Unvarnished Truth- The, Cat Stevens, Hall & Oates, John Geils, The J. Geils’ Band, KISS, Linda Ronstadt, Nirvana, Peter Gabriel, President Millard Fillmore, President Abraham Lincoln, President William F. McKinley, President Woodrow Wilson, President Warren G. Harding, President Herbert Hoover, President Harry S. Truman, President Lyndon Baines Johnson, President Ronald Reagan, President George H.W. Bush, President Barack Hussein Obama, President Donald J. Trump, U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice William Howard Taft, U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes, General Douglas McArthur, Acting U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan, U.S. Secretary of State Edward Everett, U.S. Secretary of State Bainbridge Colby, U.S. Secretary of State Charles Evans Hughes, U.S. Secretary of State Dean Acheson, U.S. Treasury Secretary Nicholas F. Brady, U.S. Secretary of War John W. Weeks, Sudan, Great Britain, British Royal Family, King Edward IV, King Henry VI, King William III & Queen Mary II, General Sir Charles “China” Gordon, France, Cuba, Soviet Union, General-Secretary Konstantin U. Chernenko, Venezuela, Iran, Poland, President Lech Kaczynski, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President Hugo Chavez, President Raul Castro, NASA, Apollo 13, James A. Lovell, Fred W. Haise, Jack Swigert, Civil Rights Act of 1968, Korean War- the, Algerian War 1956-1962- the, Battle of Britain, Spanish-American War, U.S. Civil War, Battle of Mobile-Alabama 1864, RMS Titanic, Albert Einstein, Theory of Relativity, Battle of Dien Bien Phu, COVID-19, COVID-19 Daily Updates, Coronavirus, COVID-19 Lockdowns and Restrictions, COVID-19, Chi-Vi- the, The ‘VID, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, China Virus, China Virus Crisis, Yellow Fever 2019-2021, Communist China Condition, Kung Flu- the, Wuhan Waltz- the, COVID-19 Mandates, Illegal Aliens, Illegal Alien Invasion, Illegal Alien Tsunami, Illegal Alien Tidal Wave, Illegal Alien Caravans, Joe Biden’s Open Borders Policies, Build the Wall and Deport Them All, U.S. National Gasoline Prices, Global Petrol Prices, DOW Jones Industrial Average, S & P 500, NASDAQ, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper, Palladium, Rhodium, Aluminum, Neodymium, Precious and Rare Metals, Light Sweet Crude Oil, U.S. Monetary Conversions, U.S. National Debt, U.S. National Debt Clock, National Security Matters, Monetary Conversions of the Day, Bitcoin, Chinese Yuan, European Union Euros, Mexican Pesos, Ecuadoran Sucre, French Pacific Franc, Professional Boxing, Alex “The Destroyer” Stewart, “Big George” Foreman, Larry Holmes v. Trevor Berbick 1981, James “Bonecrusher” Smith, “Smokin’ Joe” Frazier, Larry Holmes aka the Easton Assassin, “Terrible Tim” Witherspoon, Trevor Berbick, Roman Catholic Church, Pope Adeodatus II, Pope Donus, Pope Boniface VI, Pope Paschal II, Antipope Sylvester IV, Pope John XXIII, Robbie Robertson, Moses Scharbug III,
[i] Source: “The Soviet Juggernaut” by Earl F. Ziemke and Time-Life Book, 1980.
[ii] The major source for the Battle of Dien Bien Phu (besides Time-Life Books) is “The Last Valley” by Martin Windrow, Da Capo Press, 2004.
[iii] No clue as to when we will promote the music of Cat Stevens.
[iv] We hope to share the music of Nirvana with the world within the next decade or so when we will do a series of Grunge Rock bands.
[v] We look forward to sharing the music of KISS by at least 2035. We hope you will be with us at that time.
[vi] Hall & Oates? We have no clue. Stay tuned.
[vii] Linda Ronstadt? No clue as to when we will promote the music of this legendary vocalist either.
[viii] We promoted the music of Genesis and its members beginning on Tuesday, 02-April-2019 through Sunday, 15-September-2019. This included not only the parent group but also Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford, Mike + the Mechanics, and Phil Collins. Please, look for them.
[ix] We hope to present the music of the J. Geil’s Band at some point within the next five years. One of the great American bands, they most certainly deserve to be heard and celebrated by the readership of the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day.
[xi] Speaking of the decision to flip the game from Atlanta to Denver, we learned today that unsavory people like Stacey Abrams and the big dimwit, the pro-Chi-Com-loving LeBron James were integral in getting the game moved. How outrageous. How evil. Scumbags.
[xv] U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.
[xvi] Bing seems to be covering numbers up for the Biden administration so here is where we have gone now: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[xix] We obtain our statistics for the coronavirus from: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[xx] Commodities – Oil, Silver and Gold Prices – CNN Business– see this site for daily commodity information.
[xxi] Commodities Prices – Spot – Futures (tradingeconomics.com) See this site for much of the economic information cobbled together at this blog.
[xxiv] Please see the following site for information on global gas prices: Gasoline prices around the world, 26-Apr-2021 | GlobalPetrolPrices.com
[xxv] U.S. National Debt Clock: Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.
[xxvi] A new poll says that 52-percent of the American people do not think the Biden-Harris administration is as tough on the border as it should be. We suspect the true numbers are far higher, like maybe 80-85 percent of the American people.