TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
SPRING SESSION 2022
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 237
83. TODAY IN HISTORY—THURSDAY, MARCH 24, 2022:
U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justices Ward Hunt and Horace Gray; U.S. Interior Secretaries Jacob Thompson and James Rudolph Garfield; U.S. Treasury Secretary Andrew W. Mellon; U.S. Senator Mike Braun; the Bee Gees featuring Colin Petersen, Elvis Presley, King Crimson featuring Bill Rieflin, the Rolling Stones featuring Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, Spooky Tooth featuring Mike Kellie, Supertramp featuring Dougie Thompson, and WAR featuring Lee Oskar:
- 1455 Saturday: The 208th Roman Catholic Pope Nicolas V ended his reign on this date. He became the shepherd of all Christendom on March 06, 1447, and guided his flock until today.
- 1545 Saturday: The German Parliament opens in Worms.
- 1603 Monday: Scottish King James VI, son of Mary Queen of Scotts, becomes King James I of England in succession to Elizabeth I, thus joining the English and Scottish crowns.
- 1664 Monday: Roger Williams is granted a charter to colonize Rhode Island
- 1765 Sunday: Britain enacted the Quartering Act, requiring American colonists to provide temporary housing to British soldiers.
- 1828 Monday: In Boston, Massachusetts, future 47th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Horace Gray is born. President Chester Arthur would nominate his fellow Republican to fill Nathan Clifford’s seat, a Democrat. Gray would serve from January 09, 1882, to September 15, 1902.
- 1832 Saturday: A mob in Hiram, Ohio, attacked, tarred, and feathered Mormon leaders Joseph Smith, Jr., and Sidney Rigdon.
- 1837 Friday: Canada gives blacks the right to vote on this date.
- 1855 Saturday: In Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, future 49th U.S. Treasury Secretary Andrew W. Mellon is born. A future Republican, he would serve under President Warren G. Harding from March 09, 1921, to February 12, 1932.
- 1868 Tuesday: Metropolitan Life Insurance Company underwent founding on this date.
- 1878 Sunday: The British frigate HMS Eurydice sinks resulting in the loss of 300 sailors.
- 1880 Wednesday: The first ‘hail insurance company’ incorporated in Connecticut. People came to know the company as Tobacco Growers’ Mutual Insurance Company.
- 1882 Friday: German scientist Robert Koch announced in Berlin that he had discovered the bacillus responsible for tuberculosis.
- 1883 Saturday: The first telephone call between New York and Chicago takes place on this date.
- 1885 Tuesday: In Memphis, Tennessee, the former 5th U.S. Interior Secretary Jacob Thompson died at age 74. A Democrat, he served under President James Buchanan from March 10, 1857, to January 08, 1861.
- 1886 Wednesday: In Washington, D.C., the 42nd U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Ward Hunt died. President Ulysses S. Grant nominated the Democrat-turned-Republican to fill the seat of Democratic Associate Justice Samuel Nelson. Hunt served from December 11, 1872, to January 27, 1882.
- 1887 Thursday: Oscar Straus appointed 1st Jewish ambassador from U.S. (to Turkey).
- 1898 Thursday: The first automobile goes on sale on this date.
- 1900 Saturday: Mayor Van Wyck of New York broke the ground for the New York subway tunnel that would link Manhattan with Brooklyn.
- 1906 Saturday: The Census of the British Empire demonstrates that Britain rules one-fifth of the world.
- 1913 Monday: New York’s Palace Theater, the legendary home of vaudeville, opened on Broadway.
- 1920 Wednesday: The U.S. Coast Guard established its first air station at Morehead City, N.C.
- 1924 Monday: Greece becomes a republic on this date.
- 1934 Saturday: President Franklin Delano Roosevelt signed a bill granting future independence to the Philippines.
- 1941 Monday: During World War II, German troops occupy El Agheila, Libya. The British are able to withdraw much of their troops to safety, but it appears that the Afrika Korps is in charge of the situation even though the German General Staff has ordered Field Marshal Erwin Rommel NOT to attack the Brits as no further reinforcements will be coming. Everything is being planned for Operation Barbarossa. Rommel won’t listen.
- 1942 Tuesday: The Royal Air Force is preparing to launch bombing raids into occupied France and Germany beginning tomorrow.
- 1943 Wednesday: Fighting continues in Tunisia as the Allies continue driving the remnants of the Afrika Korps into a last-ditch stand against the Americans, the Brits, and Free French forces. Many of the Fascist Italians are only too happy to throw down their weapons and surrender whereas the Germans are determined to continue the fight.
- 1944 Friday: In occupied Rome, the Nazis executed more than 300 civilians in reprisal for an attack by Italian partisans the day before that had killed 32 German soldiers. Meanwhile, 811 British bombers attack Berlin. Elsewhere, in what the world would come to know as “The Great Escape,” 76 Allied officers manage to escape from Stalag Luft 3, the POW camp in which, the Germans held them. Finally, the Red Army continues rolling up Axis forces fighting in the Ukraine.
- 1945 Saturday: Heavy fighting continues in Hungary as German troops and their remaining loyal Hungarian allies continue trying to thwart the Soviet advance. Fighting is fierce and no matter what Axis troops do, they are continuing their ongoing retreat even though their Fuhrer demands they stand and fight. North up in Poland, the Red Army continues pushing deeper into that country, ‘liberating’ it from its Nazi masters and putting it firmly into Moscow’s camp. In essence, the Poles are going from one master to another.
- 1946 Sunday: Future drummer with the Bee Gees[i] (1967-1969)—Colin Petersen—is born in Australia on this date.
- 1947 Monday: Mike Kellie—future drummer of the psychedelic blues band, Spooky Tooth[ii]—was born in Birmingham, England, on this date. Elsewhere, the United States Congress proposed the limitation of the presidency to no more than two terms.
- 1948 Wednesday: Future harmonica-player Lee Oskar who would perform for decades with the soul-rock-funk-jazz band, WAR[iii]—is born in Copenhagen, Denmark, on this date.
- 1950 Friday: In Cleveland, Ohio, the former 23rd U.S. Interior Secretary James Rudolph Garfield died at age 84. A Republican, he served under President Theodore Roosevelt from March 05, 1907, to March 04, 1909.
- 1951 Saturday: Dougie Thompson—future drummer with the British rock band, Supertramp[iv] 1972-1988—was born in Glasgow, Scotland, on this date.
- 1954 Wednesday: In Jasper, Indiana, future U.S. Senator Doug Braun is born. A future Republican, he would enter the world’s greatest deliberative body on January 03, 2019, representing his home state.
- : Fighting continues around the shrinking perimeter at Dien Bien Phu. Supply planes are shot down over the base by increasingly accurate antiaircraft fire. Within the base structure, an event that will forever live in legend (or infamy, depending upon how you see it) occurs when the so-called ‘paratrooper mafia’ headed by Lt. Colonel Pierre Langlais confronts Colonel Christian De Castries and demands a reordering of the command structure. Castries is somewhat subdued, his chief-of-staff Lt. Colonel Keller having been flown out due to suffering a nervous breakdown earlier in the day. The paratroopers are determined to mount a more forceful defense and to take it to the People’s Army as good as they are giving it to the French.
- 1955 Thursday: The first seagoing oil-drilling rig went into service. Elsewhere, Tennessee Williams’ play, “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof,” debuted on Broadway on this date.
- 1958 Monday: Rock-and-roll singer Elvis Presley[v] underwent induction into the Army in Memphis, Tennessee. He underwent basic training at Fort Hood, Texas, before being shipped to Germany.
- 1962 Saturday: Mick Jagger[vi] and Keith Richards perform as Little Boy Blue and Blue Boys.
- 1965 Wednesday: Ranger 9, a lunar probe launched three days earlier by NASA, crashed into the moon (as planned) after sending back more than 5,800 video images.
- 1967 Friday: The University of Michigan holds 1st “Teach-in” after bombing of North Vietnam.
- 1971 Wednesday: In Paradise, Nevada, at the Silver Slipper, heavyweight slugger Earnie Shavers lands a KO on opponent, Nigerian Young Agabab in the 1st round to put his pro record to 23-2.
- 1972 Friday: Great Britain imposes direct rule over Northern Ireland.
- 1975 Monday: In Richfield, Ohio, Muhammad Ali scores a TKO over Chuck Wepner, aka the Bayonne Bleeder, in the 15th round to retain the WBA and WBC heavyweight boxing titles of the world. Wepner’s record went to 30-10-2 with the loss while that of Ali went to 46-2. On the undercard, Larry Holmes scores a KO over opponent, Charley Green, at the 1:57 minute mark of Round 1 in a scheduled 8-round heavyweight boxing match to put his record to 11-0 with the win.
- 1980 Monday: One of El Salvador’s most respected Roman Catholic Church leaders, Archbishop Oscar Arnulfo Romero, died when shot by a sniper as he celebrated Mass in San Salvador.
- 1988 Thursday: Former national security aides Oliver North and John M. Poindexter and businessmen Richard V. Secord and Albert Hakim pleaded not guilty to charges stemming from the Iran-Contra affair. (North and Poindexter suffered conviction, but had their verdicts thrown out; Secord and Hakim received probation after each pleaded guilty to a single count under a pleas bargain).
- 1989 Friday: The supertanker Exxon Valdez ran aground on a reef in Alaska’s Prince William Sound and began leaking 11 million gallons of crude oil.
- 1991 Sunday: Banks reopen in liberated Kuwait.
- 1995 Friday: After 20 years, British soldiers stopped routine patrols in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- 1998 Tuesday: Two students ages 13 and 11 opened fire outside Jonesboro Westside Middle School in Arkansas, killing four classmates and a teacher. (Mitchell Johnson and Andrew Golden were imprisoned by Arkansas until age 18, then by federal authorities until age 21. However, Johnson has since been returned to prison on unrelated charges).
- 1999 Wednesday: NATO commences aerial bombardment against Yugoslavia, marking the first time NATO has attacked a sovereign nation. Elsewhere, thirty-nine people died when fire erupted in the Mont Blanc tunnel in France and burned for two days.
- 2003 Monday: Members of the Arab League vote 21-1 for the immediate and unconditional removal of ALL U.S. and Coalition forces from Iraq. F**k them.
- 2006 Friday: In Belarus, the police begin breaking up long-term, ongoing anti-government protests.
- 2008 Monday: Following their first-ever Democratic election, Bhutan becomes a democracy.
- 2011 Thursday: Kenya opens the Africa Carbon Exchange, the first carbon exchange in Africa to exchange carbon credits.
- 2012 Saturday: U.S. Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum wins the caucuses in the state of Louisiana. Meanwhile, communist China announces its plan to phase-out the practice of taking and selling organs from executed prisoners. Elsewhere, former Vice President Richard “Dick” Cheney receives a heart transplant on this date. Get well, Dick!
- 2013 Sunday: In Paris, hundreds of thousands of people protest the legalization of same-sex marriage in France, after the protest turns violent, the authorities deny them access to the Champs-Elysees. Elsewhere, communist President Evo Morales threatens to take an ongoing border dispute with Chile to the International Court of Justice at the Hague. President Morales is a hardcore leftists.
- 2014 Monday: A lawsuit against Lance Armstrong undergoes dismissal; after he admitted to doping, the plaintiffs sued, claiming that they bought energy-drink maker FRS Co. believing that the drinks endorsed by Armstrong had been the key reason for his cycling success.
- 2015 Tuesday: Germanwings Flight 9525, an Airbus A320, crashed into the French Alps killing all 150 people onboard; investigators said the 27-year-old co-pilot deliberately downed the aircraft due to mental issues. Elsewhere, NASA scientists are celebrating Mars Opportunity rover taking a journey no other rover ever has before and that is traveling more than 26 miles on the Red Planet’s surface. God, we love these things.
- 2016 Thursday: At the Hague, the European Court finds Radovan Karadžić, leader of the Bosnian Serbs during the war in Yugoslavia in the 1990s guilty of war crimes. His main crime was the 1995 massacre at Srebrenica in which Serb forces murdered loads of Muslims. He received a sentence of 40 years. Elsewhere, in the U.S., an appellate court upholds a lower court’s ruling in New York seeking to keep Senator Ted Cruz off the GOP presidential primary ballot because of his Canadian birth. This is hardball by Congressman Peter King, R-NY 2nd congressional district and a close friend of candidate Donald J. Trump.
- 2017 Friday: Thanks to schmucks such as House Speaker Paul Ryan, the Trump administration and their GOP allies in the House of Representatives are forced to pull their plan to overturn Obamacare and to replace it with a better plan. Meanwhile, the House Intelligence Committee goes to war with itself over the bogus Trump-Russia Collusion scam, the very same engineered by the Democrats. Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-CA 22nd congressional district, and ranking member, the locoweed Adam Schiff, DS-CA 28th congressional district, are butting heads over information coming out that shows that the Obama administration SPIED on the then-Trump campaign.
- 2018 Saturday: In the streets of Washington, D.C., and cities across the country, hundreds of thousands of teens and their supporters rallied against gun violence, spurred by a call to action from student survivors of the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., which left 17 people dead. In other crazy news, likeminded European liberals- these in Paris- are also protesting against gun violence- in the U.S. The French people are demanding Americans give up their guns- so says the losers of 1940, Dien Bien Phu in 1954, and Algeria from 1956 to 1962. LOSERS with a capital “L.”
- 2019 Sunday: On this Sunday, Attorney-General Bill Barr put out a brief on the 22-month Robert S. Mueller III investigation into Donald Trump, Trump campaign officials, and Vladimir Putin’s Russia by saying that ‘Mueller’s team had found no evidence of collusion between now-President Trump, members of his campaign, his friends and family and Russia nor was there any sign of obstruction.’ In effect, this clears the president and those around him other than those convicted of process crimes during the investigation. The Democrats could not handle the outcome and rushed to the microphones braying like dogs for ALL the evidence and promise to continue the witch hunt into Mr. Trump. The investigation began- many believe- in late 2015 or early 2016 and involved members of the Hillary Clinton team, Barack Obama Justice Department and FBI officials, as well as foreign operatives hired by members of the Obama team to set up candidate- and then- President Trump.
- 2020 Tuesday: Democrats continue stalling in the U.S. Senate by holding up Wuhan Virus relief legislation by trying to stuff in Green New Deal, Pro-Death, union, identity politics, election fraud such as ballot harvesting in ALL 50 states, and more. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell continues rebuffing them in the hope that honest and legitimate legislation can occur. Meanwhile, the world around mid-day acknowledges approximately 414,277 cases of COVID-19, with 38,819 new cases over the past 24 hours. Global deaths are 18,557 what with 2,146 in the previous 24 hours. In the United States, there are 51,542 cases of the Kung Flu with 8,328 new cases over the past 24 hours. There is a total of 674 deaths, up by 95 over the previous 24 hours. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes UP by 11.3% or up 2,112.98 points, closing at 20,764.91. Bravo.
- 2020 Tuesday A: Bill Rieflin- drummer with King Crimson from 2013-15 / 2017 until today- died in his hometown of Seattle, Washington, on this date at age 59. Cancer was the cause.
- 2021 Wednesday: JOE BIDEN NEWS– in anticipation of tomorrow’s FIRST NEWS CONFERENCE with the press, Joe Biden announces (or his earpiece does) that 40 reporters will be allowed into the briefing. Next, Newsmax says that the mocking of Joe Biden by our foreign adversaries shows that they neither respect him nor fear him which is not good for the United States. However, (and we don’t believe this one iota), the American Research Group shows an approval rating for Joe Biden of 60-percent and 33-percent disapproval rate. (Note- Rasmussen puts Joe’s numbers at 48-percent approve and 50-percent disapprove of him). Moving on, Joe Biden plans to mark Equal Pay Day as women are harder hit by COVID-19 than are their male counterparts. Good for you, Joe, pandering like always. Speaking of old Joe, earlier today he announced that “Kooky Kamala” Harris is now in charge of ‘solving the border crisis.’ (Note- continue building the wall and deport them all and that will help solve the ‘self-inflicted problem’ just as cutting off ALL government aid to illegals will. Come on Methuselah, do your flipping job!).[vii] Finally, when reporters asked Old Joe what he thought about North Korea’s recent missile tests, he said, ‘not much has changed.’
- 2021 Wednesday A: GOP NEWS– Utah Governor Spencer J. Cox, GOP, signed a measure that will put filters on porn sites within the state. Excellent. Meanwhile, GOP-lead states are fighting the good fight against Joe Biden’s increasingly insane policies, wish lists of liberal loony tunes spending and deprivation of the American people’s rights. Elsewhere, Senator Chuck Grassley, R-IA, is pushing the Justice Department to continue the probe into perjury charges against the crackpot witnesses the Democrats trotted out to smear now-Supreme Court Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh. Christine Blasey Ford, Deborah Ramirez, and Julie Swetnick should all be doing time in federal prisons for the bulls**t they pulled at his confirmation hearings back in 2018. Get them, Chuck! Finally, President Donald J. Trump is supporting Max Miller in his bid to unseat RINO Congressman Anthony Gonzalez in Ohio’s 16th congressional district. Gonzalez voted to impeach President Trump if you recall.
- 2021 Wednesday B: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS I– The person who used to be known as Prince Harry, aka Mr. Meghan Markle, is taking a no-show gig as the ‘chief impact officer’ at a Silicon Valley startup, Betterup, that will help emotionally challenged individuals- like his wife and boss- overcome their issues. Bravo, Harry, bravo. Sort of like Hunter Biden working at Burisma. Meanwhile, Senator Bernie Sanders says that he is ‘uncomfortable’ with the permanent ban placed on President Donald J. Trump by Twitter. However, President Trump says he has ‘no plans to return to Twitter,’ seeing as how he is in the midst of creating his own untouchable social media platform. Next, the New York Justice Department says the impeachment probe into Governor Andrew “Killer” Cuomo could continue for months. So, charge him with the homicides of 15,000-20,000 people and get him out of office. NOW.
- 2021 Wednesday C: FOREIGN/OVERSEAS NEWS– Vladimir Putin’s chef- businessman Yevgeny Prigozhin- has written to the Federal Bureau of Investigation demanding he be removed from a most-wanted list. The FBI put a bounty of $250,000 atop his head last month for his apprehension and extradition to the United States over bogus charges he somehow meddled in the 2016 Presidential Election on behalf of then-candidate Donald J. Trump. He says the FBI must stop offering the reward as it violates several principles under human rights laws. That’s Joe Biden for you, looking for fall guys he can blame for his own shortcomings such as Hunter Biden being in the hip pockets of both the Ukraine and China. Meanwhile, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declares victory in the recent elections, but the majority is still unclear. Elsewhere, a massive container ship in the Suez Canal has run aground due to high winds and is blocking passage to other ships.
- 2021 Wednesday D: SECOND AMENDMENT/GUNS NEWS– Representative Lauren Boebert, R-CO 3rd congressional district, says the Dems are ‘playing politics with our lives’ over their renewed drive to strip the American people of their guns. (Note- we’d like to see them try. First, there are going to be SO-O-O MANY gun thefts in this country, the cops will be tied up seeking them while secondly, it’s like what former NRA boss Charlton Heston used to say: ‘you can have my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead fingers. Joe- NO one is going to surrender their guns, NO one. Come and get them. Chef Alvin). Still, after the POS Syrian Muslim refugee Ahmad Al-Aliwi Alissa[viii] killed 10 WHITE people at the King Soopers Grocery Store in Boulder, Colorado, earlier this week, the Dems began to go bat-crap-crazy in pushing their gun-grabbing bills. Joe Biden says he doesn’t have to ‘wait for Congress’ to begin stripping guns. Go for it, Joe.
- 2021 Wednesday E: SECOND AMENDMENT/GUN NEWS II– Senate Majority Leader “Cryin’ Chuck” Schumer[ix] swears on his mother’s soul that the two firearms bills sent to him from the House of Representatives will receive swift attention. “Kooky Kamala” Harris is urging swift hearing and passage of these gun-grabbing bills. Interesting note- John Bachman of Newsmax says that the ‘Democrats are hypocrites. They claim to hate guns, yet they spread guns all over the world’ selling them to thugs, criminals, terrorists, murderers, and other human trash. He reminded his viewers of the Obama era “Fast and Furious” program that put military grade weapons into the hands of Mexican narcoterrorists.
- 2021 Wednesday F: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS II– ‘The (Communist) Squad in Congress now claims that NOT supporting statehood for Washington, D.C., is RACIST. The federal district was NEVER intended to be a state, girls, it was pulled together from several states so that NO single state would claim rights to sole ownership of the federal government. No, just because lots of black folks live there does not make it ‘racist.’ Everyone living in the District of Columbia knows the score. Shut the f**k up. Next, Senate Minority Leader “Cocaine Mitch” McConnell says that H.R. 1 is a bald political power grab. Mitch- you should have supported President Donald J. Trump when you had the opportunity. Now, shut the hell up. Finally, the Wisconsin State Assembly authorizes an investigation into election fraud in the 2020 Presidential Election.
- 2021 Wednesday G: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS III– “Coincidence of the Day”- last week, Dr. Moncef Slaoui said that ‘President Donald J. Trump bears 90-percent of getting the COVID-19 vaccine programs underway what with Operation Warp Speed and Joe Biden just 10-percent. Today, GlaxoSmithKline terminated Dr. Slaoui for purported sexual harassment allegations against him. Wow. Is this not amazing? Cancel Culture strikes yet again. Defend Trump and you lose your job. Well, we defend Trump- WTF are YOU going to do to US? Next, the AMAZING Dr. Tony Fauci says AstraZeneca soon to release an updated report on its coronavirus vaccines. Meanwhile, Caribbean nations are begging the Biden administration NOT to be stingy with the coronavirus vaccines, to please, remember the countries on the U.S.’ third border. (Note- when these countries do something about the horrendous foodborne illness visitors typically acquire upon eating their first meals there, we will send you vaccine. Otherwise, STFU). Finally, five years after his untimely death, famed rock star Prince’s ashes will go on public display.
- 2021 Wednesday H: ODDBALL AND HUMOROUS NEWS OF THE DAY– By a final vote of 52-48 (with RINO Senators Lisa Murkowski, RINO-AK, and Susan Collins, RINO-ME, confirmed the nomination of tranny (woof!) former Pennsylvania Health Secretary Rachel Levine to become the next assistant secretary of health. Okie dokie. Aren’t we proud as a nation! Next, a chick with a dick,[x] Kataluna Enriquez has been crowned Miss Silver State USA, one step away from competing in the Miss Nevada USA pageant. In yet another slap to the faces of women and girls, the tranny beat out numerous biological females to become the first beauty pageant winner with a dong swinging down under. Folks, what the hell is going on? Almost makes one wish the Chinese would take the country over. Oh, speaking about ‘affronts’ to women, “Kooky Kamala” Harris and former President William Jefferson “Bill” Clinton are teaming up on a program with which to empower women. Does anyone see the irony in this? [xi] (They are already receiving massive blowback for this bulls**t symposium).
- 2021 Wednesday I: U.S. BIDEN BORDER CATASTROPHE– Senator Lindsey Graham, R-SC, swears to ‘shut the Senate down’ if the Biden administration denies him access to the southern border. Senator Marsha Blackburn was visiting the border today and she said, ‘what a mess.’ Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador says that ‘Joe Biden bears full responsibility for the ongoing border catastrophe.’ Senator Marco Rubio, R-FL, says that ‘Joe Biden’s rhetoric and his first day actions are responsible for the border catastrophe.’ Speaking of this crisis, this holocaust, Joe Biden has yet to name a nominee to head the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol. Meanwhile, Congressman Henry Cuellar, D-TX 28th congressional district, says that the ‘migrants must be made known as to what awaits them on this side of the border.’ The border states must find a way with which they can finish the wall on their territory if they cannot do it on federal land. Steve Bannon, where the hell are YOU and YOUR charity to fund border wall construction?
- 2021 Wednesday J: Here are the COVID-19 statistics for the planet as a whole: 124,378,693 confirmed cases, +453,805, 2,736,980 confirmed deaths, +9,340, and 70,573,246 confirmed recoveries, +252,735. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 30,161,747 confirmed cases, up 57,678 from yesterday’s reporting, 549,411 confirmed deaths, UP 798, and 117,371,050 confirmed recoveries. Note- we are going to do our own estimates of recoveries based on percentages seeing as how the CDC won’t report them.
- 2021 Wednesday K: NOTE: SINCE JOE BIDEN BECAME PRESIDENT ON JANUARY 20, 2021, THERE HAVE BEEN 220,944 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States- feeble old Joe, in another three-and-a-half-weeks, you will have tied the total number witnessed by the Trump administration in nearly a year of the rampaging coronavirus pandemic.
- 2021 Wednesday L: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 3,648,021 confirmed cases, 57,909 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 28,950 confirmed cases, 454 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 359,290 confirmed cases, 5,249 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other piece of U.S. territory- the commonwealth of the American Samoa: currently, they have 3 confirmed cases, 0 confirmed deaths, and 3 confirmed recoveries. Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 829,689 confirmed cases, 6,122 confirmed deaths, and 808,869 confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other country- Pakistan, home of a large chapter of the Taliban: 637,042 cases of the virus, 13,965 confirmed deaths and 586,228 confirmed recoveries.
- 2021 Wednesday M: STOCK MARKET CLOSES/PRECIOUS AND RARE METALS: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 32,420.06, DOWN 3.09 points (-0.01%). Next, the NASDAQ: 12,961.89, DOWN 265.81 points (-2.01%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 3,889.14, DOWN 21.38 points (-0.55%). The price of GOLD is $1,733.10 per troy oz., -0.10 (-0.01%) while the price of SILVER is $25.12 per troy ounce, -0.12 (-0.46%). The price of PLATINUM is $1,172.20 per troy oz, -8.00 (-0.68%) while the price of COPPER is $4.03 per pound, -0.04 (-0.92%). The price of PALLADIUM is $2,640.10 per troy oz, +22.80 (+0.87%). The price of RHODIUM is $29,800.00 per troy oz., +400.00 (+1.36%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $60.70 per barrel, -0.48 (-0.78%) Currently, one-dollar U.S. = 6.52 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.85 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 20.90. As for Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000019. In Barbadian dollar, one greenback equals 2.00.
- 2021 Wednesday N: U.S. NATIONAL DEBT AND GASOLINE PRICES IN THE THREE STATES IN WHICH WE HAVE CHEF-AUTHORS– Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising by the day- in California, gasoline prices have risen to over $3.882 per gallon, $3.622 in Hawaii, and $3.324 in Washington state. Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $28,089,823,477,532 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but flipping TRILLIONS. Cloward and Piven running amok. The country is going to crumble into nothingness thanks to the Democrats and their trillion-dollar bills. Donald Trump- time for you to return to office.
- 2021 Wednesday O: Stay tuned for tonight’s Super Lotto and Powerball drawings. First, here are the results for the Super Lotto Drawing #3545 with a pot of $31 million on the line: 10, 11, 13, 32, 38, and Mega 17. Out of 111,151 winning tickets, the highest winners were TWO people who had FIVE numbers but NO Mega for a prize of $19,815 apiece. Next, here are the numbers for the Powerball Draw #831 with a $220 million pot on the line: 04, 09, 17, 27, 38, and Power 18. Out of 95,606 winning tickets, the highest winners were TWO people who had FOUR numbers plus the Powerball for a prize of $25,606.
- 2021 Wednesday P: END OF THE NIGHT NEWS I– Tesla now says that its customers can buy their electric vehicles with Bitcoin. Having bought $1.5 billion in Bitcoin several months back, any cars bought with Bitcoin will remain in their Bitcoin account- they are not going to convert it into dollars. Next, the Joint Chiefs of Staff spokesperson said that yes, indeed, North Korea did fire at least one projectile into the East China Sea. That’s Kim for you- NO respect for Joe Biden. Meanwhile, as 14 states sue the Biden administration for its almost immediate crackdown on all energy projects on federal lands, the U.S. Department of the Interior announces that it’s going to review all existing and applications for fossil fuel drilling on federal lands. With a Norwegian-Native American in charge, Debra Haaland, you know there won’t be any new drilling and many existing oil and natural gas leases will be shut down. Windmills and solar farms.
- 2021 Wednesday Q: END OF THE NIGHT NEWS II– Virginia Governor Ralph “Black Face” Northam signs a bill that will end capital punishment in the state. Since its inception as a British colony, there have been 1,400 executions. Since the U.S. Supreme Court reinstated the death penalty in 1976, there have been 113 executions which ranks the Old Dominion State second only to the Lone Star State in the number of executions carried out. Still, Governor “Black Face” says the death penalty should be available for especially heinous crimes but throughout history, the death penalty has fallen mostly on minorities, the mentally ill, and the poor. Elsewhere, Intel is going to build two chip-manufacturing plants in Arizona, so says CEO Pat Gelsinger. Not only will it produce chips for its own purposes, but it will also serve as a ‘foundry,’ which means it will build microchips for other companies. The company will qualify for about $90 million in tax credits when construction is completed, and it will also provide at least 3,000 high-paying jobs. Even better, it will become an alternative source for chip manufacturing so if Asia craps out or withholds chips from Western nations, problem solved.
- 2021 Wednesday R: END OF THE NIGHT NEWS III– U.S. Secretary of State Anthony Blinken visited NATO headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, today and informed our allies that ‘America was back’ and that we would not put our ‘allies in a position of ‘us or them,’ meaning- we guess- that if the Germans want to buy natural gas from the Russians, the nation against whom the victorious Western allies created the North Atlantic Treaty Organization to defend against- then so be it. It is what it is. Meanwhile, NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg invited the Russians to return to having an observatory role in the organization. Secretary Blinken wants the organization to remain strong against both Russian and Chinese hegemony and that if the Chi-Coms cause problems for one country, they cause them for all countries within the group. Speaking of the Chi-Coms, they blasted the U.S. today for everything from being a racist nation to its out-of-control spending. Ouch.
- 2022 Thursday: Stick around…
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0779 an 8” x 10” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Sunset Monolith.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day.
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
The reformed Band released their next album, “High on the Hog,” on February 27, 1996. Once again, the group performed numerous covers but what the heck- they performed them with verve, class, and a great deal of sass. The Band features Rick Danko (guitars, bass, vocals), Levon Helm (drums, bass, vocals, and mandolins), Garth Hudson (keyboards, accordions, saxophones, even vocals), Richard Manuel (piano on one track), Jim Weider (guitars/vocals), Rick Bell (keyboards/accordions/vocals), Randy Ciarlante (vocals/drums/percussion), along with guest spots by loads of other talented and well-known musicians, at least 15-20 of them. While it’s challenging not to have major songwriter and guitarist Robbie Robertson in the fold, it is what it is. We hope you will seek this album out as it is the first of a trio of new works to come. We think you will enjoy it as much as we do.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 03-24-2022, all rights reserved. (Editor’s Note: we pay the estate of Beverly Carrick an annual fee by which, we can show her paintings to the world. We make NO money from the estate’s sales of her world-famous artworks). Total Word Count: 5,900. Chef James “Jimmy” Hall.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Beverly Carrick Fiery Sunset Desert Landscapes, Just the Facts, Unvarnished Truth- The, Mike Kellie, Spooky Tooth, Lee Oskar, WAR, Dougie Thompson, Supertramp, Elvis Presley, King Crimson, Bill Rieflin, the Bee Gees, Colin Petersen, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, Little Boy Blue and Blue Boys, Prince, COVID-19, Equal Pay Day, U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Health and Human Services, American Research Group, Rasmussen Polling, Battle for Dien Bien Phu, Afrika Korps- the, Twitter, Twitter Bans, Social Media, Betterup, FBI- the, Federal Bureau of Investigation, President Andrés Manuel López Obrador, Mexico, North Korea, Yevgeny Prigozhin, President Vladimir Putin, Russia, Burisma, Mr. & Mrs. Meghan Markle, Ukraine, Second Amendment Rights, Gun Rights, National Rifle Association, NRA- the, Charlton Heston, Assault Weapons, President Ulysses S. Grant, President Theodore Roosevelt, President Chester Alan Arthur, President Warren G. Harding, President Donald J. Trump, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Ward Hunt, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Horace Gray, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh, U.S. Interior Secretary James Rudolph Garfield, U.S. Treasury Secretary Andrew W. Mellon, Senator Chuck Grassley, Senator Mike Braun, Congressional Candidate Max Miller, U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan, Senator “Cocaine Mitch” McConnell, Senate Minority Leader “Cocaine Mitch” McConnell, Congressman Anthony Gonzalez, President James Buchannan, President Barack Hussein Obama, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Samuel Nelson, U.S. Interior Secretary Jacob Thompson, Senator Bernie Sanders, Congressman Henry Cuellar, Congresswoman Ilhan Omar, Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib, Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley, Ahmad Al-Aliwi Alissa, Mass Shootings, U.S. Senate Majority Leader “Cryin’ Chuck” Schumer, U.S. House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi, AMAZING Dr. Tony Fauci, Dr. Rachel Levine, Chicks with Dicks, Robert S. Mueller III, Joe Biden, Joe Biden’s Pandering, “Kooky Kamala” Harris, Hillary Clinton, Hunter Biden, Governor Andrew “Killer” Cuomo, Impeachment- Andrew Cuomo, Fast and Furious (Obama Program), Christine Blasey Ford, Deborah Ramirez, Julie Swetnick, Bogus Trump-Russia Collusion Scam, Impeach #45 II, Mental Health Issues, Perjury, U.S. H.R. 1, Dr. Moncef Slaoui, GlaxoSmithKline, Operation Warp Speed, COVID-19 Vaccine Programs, AstraZeneca, Kataluna Enriquez, Miss Silver State USA, New York, Ohio, Texas, Islam, Islamic Jihad, John Bachman, Newsmax, COVID-19, COVID-19 U.S. and Global Statistics Daily, China Virus, Chinese Virus, Chinese Virus Crisis, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, Xi Jinping Bat Flu, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Chinese Lab-engineered Pandemic, Chinese 2020 Election Year Pandemic, Yellow Fever 2020, Chi-Com Virus, Communist China Germ Warfare Programs, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Panda Pandemic 2020-2021, Chi-Vi- the, Chi-Com Virus, COVID-19, Chi-Vi- the, The ‘VID, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, China Virus, China Virus Crisis, Yellow Fever 2019-2021, Communist China Condition, Kung Flu- The, Wuhan Waltz- The, BIG C-19- The, Wuhan Whoopie- The, COVID-19 Mandates, Pelosi Pox- The, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Hubei Hooey- The, Xi Jinping’s Bat Fu Yuk, Communist Killer Virus 2019-2021 and Onward, Chairman Xi’s Fever, Chairman Xi’s Gift to the World- the Chi-Vi, COVID-19- the Trump Whacker, COVID-19- the Hong Kong Democracy Movement Killer, Low-Dose Aspirin, Antiabortion Bill, Roe v. Wade, U.S. National Gasoline Prices, Global Petrol Prices, DOW Jones Industrial Average, S & P 500, NASDAQ, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper, Palladium, Rhodium, Aluminum, Neodymium, Precious and Rare Metals, Light Sweet Crude Oil, U.S. Monetary Conversions, U.S. National Debt, U.S. National Debt Clock, National Security Matters, Monetary Conversions of the Day, Bitcoin, Chinese Yuan, European Union Euros, Mexican Pesos, Barbadian Dollar, Gasoline Prices, Roman Catholic Church, Pope Nicolas V, Muhammad Ali, Chuck “The Bayonne Bleeder” Wepner, Earnie Shavers, Larry Holmes, California Lottery, California Lottery Results, Powerball, Powerball Draw #831, Super Lotto, Super Lotto Draw #3545, The Band, Chef James “Jimmy” Hall,
[i] We hope to promote the music of the Bee Gees within the next 3-4 years.
[ii] We promoted the music of Spooky Tooth, Mott the Hoople, and Widowmaker- among other interconnected bands beginning on Friday, 25-April-2014 through Tuesday, 01-July-2014. We hope you will check out this collection of great rock music. Even the worst albums among them beats the crap out of any bull crap music one hears today.
[iii] We began presenting the music of the Animals, of Eric Burdon and the Animals, of Eric Burdon, Eric Burdon and War, and War beginning on Monday, 08-June-2015 and the presentation ran through Sunday, 02-August-2015. We hope you will seek them out and consider making them a part of your listening pleasure
[iv] We look forward to doing the Clash but expect to do Supertramp first, then Pink Floyd, then Electric Light Orchestra/the Move, then Yes, and then perhaps the Clash. They are among the amazing British rock bands of the 1970s and deserve to be acknowledged as such.
[v]When the time will be right for the presentation of Elvis Presley is unknown but if we are still going strong in the 2030s, we expect to do so. Please, stay tuned.
[vi] We shared the music of the Rolling Stones (and the group’s individual members) beginning Tuesday, 22-March-2016 through Sunday, 28-August-2016. This included the members solo projects.
[vii] Feeble Old Joe said that he would take the news media with him when he went to do a tour of the southern border. Now that he has appointed “Kooky Kamala” Harris to do ‘something’ about the border, there no longer is a need to take the media there to see what the hell is occurring down there.
[viii] Speaking of this piece of desert dirt, amazing how all the left-wing news agencies and pundits stopped with the shooter being a WHITE man and then NOT reporting his name so they can suck up to their beloved Muslims. We have heard unverified reports of the scumbag yelling “Allah Akbar” while he walked up to and then shot his victims at close range. What if one of the victims had a gun and put a round into the shooter’s face? That would be awesome. He had rants all over Facebook blasting those whom he believed were ‘racist against Islam’ and even worse, the vaunted FBI had Mr. Alissa on a ‘watch list.’ Lot of good FBI watchlists are, huh? Still, losers such as Ilhan Omar, DS-MN 5th congressional district, Rashida “Foul Mouth” Tlaib, DS-MI 13th congressional district, and ‘Baldy,’ Ayanna Pressley, DS-MA 7th congressional district all zipped their generally flapping lips so as not to have to admit the scumbag Alissa was one of theirs.
[ix] “Prune Face” would be a good alternative name for Cryin’ Chuck seeing as how we have labeled House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi as such. Dick Tracy had some cool villains.
[x] If you want to see ‘chicks with dicks,’ come to Los Angeles, California, and take a trip down the Sunset Strip.
[xi] “Kooky Kamala” slept her way to the top beginning with powerful Golden State Democrat Willie Brown and Bill, well, everyone knows about Bill. We don’t have to list all the transgressions against women this guy committed and who can forget that he flew on Jeffrey Epstein’s private plane, what was it- 19 times? Yikes.