TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
49. TODAY IN HISTORY—THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2021:
DAY THIRTY OF THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION
U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justices William Strong, Howell Edmunds Jackson, and Anthony Kennedy; U.S. Attorney General William Wirt; U.S. Secretary of War John Bell; Nazi Party Youth Leader Artur Axmann; Bachman-Turner Overdrive featuring Robbie Bachman, the Byrds featuring Skip Battin, the Doobie Brothers featuring Keith Knudsen, the Little River Band featuring Derek Pellicci, and Pink Floyd featuring David Gilmour:
- 1129 Tuesday: Emperor Frederik II takes the city of Jerusalem from the Muslim hordes on this date in history.
- 1564 Saturday: In Rome, the artist Michelangelo died.
- 1685 Thursday: Robert Cavelier, Sieur de LaSalle, established Fort St. Louis at Matagorda Bay, and thus formed the claim of France to Texas.
- 1688 Sunday: In Germantown, Pennsylvania, Quakers conduct the first formal protest of slavery in the Colonies.
- 1735 Wednesday: The first opera performed in America took place on this date with the work, “Flora” (or “Hob in the Well”) presented in Charleston, South Carolina.
- 1745 Tuesday: The army of Bonnie Prince Charlie occupies Inverness, Scotland, from the British.
- 1787 Friday: Austrian Emperor Josef II bans the labor of children under the age of 8.
- 1796 Tuesday: In Mill Creek, Tennessee, future 16th U.S. Secretary of War John Bell is born. A future member of the Democratic Party, he would serve under Presidents William Henry Harrison and then under John Tyler from 03-05-1841 to 09-13-1841. He would eventually become a senator from Tennessee.
- 1834 Monday: The 9th U.S. Attorney General of the United States William Wirt died at age 61 in Washington, D.C. A Democratic-Republican and then an Anti-Masonic, he served under Presidents James Monroe and John Quincy Adams from 11-13-1817 to 03-04-1829.
- 1841 Wednesday: The first continuous filibuster in the U.S. Senate began and it lasted until March 11.
- 1861 Sunday: Jefferson Davis took the oath of office as provisional president of the Confederate States of America in Montgomery, Alabama. Meanwhile, King Victor Emanuel II of Sardinia becomes the first king of a unified Italy.
- 1870 Thursday: The 40th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice William Strong assumed his position on the nation’s high court. A Democrat and then a Republican, he was nominated by Ulysses S. Grant to fill Robert Grier’s seat. He served from today until 12-14-1880.
- 1884 Sunday: British General Sir Charles Gordon and his troops arrive in Khartoum, Sudan.
- 1885 Tuesday: Mark Twain’s “Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” underwent publication in the United States for the first time.
- 1893 Friday: The 54th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Howell Edmunds Jackson assumed his position on the nation’s high court. A Democrat, he was nominated by Benjamin Harrison to fill Lucius Lamar’s seat. He served from today until 08-08-1895.
- 1900 Saturday: In South Africa, the Battle of Paardeberg takes place in which, the British suffer over 1,270 casualties, killed, or wounded in action.
- 1908 Tuesday: The U.S. Postal Service issues the first rolls of stamps.
- 1913 Tuesday: During a military coup, plotters arrested Mexican President Francisco I. Madero and Vice President Jose Maria Pino Suarez. Both resigned their positions the following day and then the plotters shot the duo to death on February 22. Elsewhere, the famous French painting “Nude descending a Staircase,” by the French artist Marcel Duchamp, underwent display at an “Armory Show” in New York City. Meanwhile, future Nazi Party Youth Leader, 1940-1945, Artur Axmann is born in Germany on this date. He would survive World War II dying in 1996.
- 1915 Thursday: During World War I, Germany enacts a submarine blockade around Great Britain.
- 1930 Tuesday: At Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona, Clyde W. Tombaugh discovered photographic evidence of Pluto (now designated a “dwarf planet”). Elsewhere, Elm Farm Ollie became the first cow to fly in an airplane.
- 1932 Thursday: The Japanese military declares Manchuria to be an independent nation, which then becomes a protectorate of the Empire of Japan. Elsewhere, Sonja Henie won her 6th world women’s figure skating title in Montreal, Canada.
- 1934 Sunday: Skip Battin, future bassist with both the Byrds[i] and the Flying Burrito Brothers[ii], was born on this date in Gallipolis, Ohio. A second-generation Byrd, he would play with the group from 1969 to 1973 when band leader Roger McGuinn canned him. He would go on to play with other groups.
- 1942 Wednesday: Japanese warplanes are preparing for a bombing mission over Darwin in Australia’s Northern Territory the next day. This would be their first strike on Australia’s home soil.
- 1943 Thursday: During World War II on the German home front, the Gestapo apprehends the student group protesting the Nazis, the White Rose, on this date after they defaced a building front in Munich. They would die in two days.
- 1944 Friday: The Battle of Anzio continues as German troops continue trying to dislodge the Allied troops clinging to the beach head. U.S. General Lucas tells his tired troops to dig on a final beach head and to hold it at all costs- no falling back as if they do, it will be into the sea.
- 1948 Wednesday: Future drummer with the Doobie Brothers[iii]– Keith Knudson- is born on this date in Le Mars, Iowa. He would play with the Doobies until his death in 2005 from pneumonia.
- 1952 Monday: Greece and Turkey became members of NATO on this date.
- 1953 Wednesday: The first 3-D movie in history, “Bwana Devil,” opens in New York City. Elsewhere, Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz signed a contract worth $8 million to continue the “I Love Lucy” TV show through 1955. Elsewhere, future drummer with Bachman-Turner Overdrive[iv]—Robbie Bachman—is born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada on this date. Meanwhile, in London, England, future member of the Australian rock band, the Little River Band[v]– Derek Pellicci (drums 1975-84 / 1987-98)- is born on this date.
- 1960 Thursday: The owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Walter O’Malley, purchases Chavez Ravine for $494,000. Meanwhile in Squaw Valley, Vice President Richard M. Nixon formally opened the 8th Winter Olympic Games.
- 1962 Sunday: France and Algeria begin negotiating for an end to the seven-year war the two had been fighting; the Algerians would finally get their independence.
- 1965 Thursday: The African nation of Gambia receives its independence from the United Kingdom. Elsewhere, Frank Gifford, a Bakersfield High School graduate announces his retirement from football to go into the broadcasting booth.
- 1968 Sunday: David Gilmour, ace guitarist, joins the British rock group, Pink Floyd[vi], to back up and eventually to replace Sid Barrett.
- 1970 Wednesday: The jury finds the Chicago Seven innocent of inciting riot in Chicago during the 1968 Democratic Convention.
- 1972 Friday: The California Supreme Court struck down the state’s death penalty.
- 1977 Friday: The space shuttle Enterprise, sitting atop a Boeing 747, went on its debut “flight” above the Mojave Desert.
- 1983 Friday: In what the people of the Pacific Northwest came to know as the Wah Mee Massacre, two assassins murdered 13 people at a gambling club in Seattle’s Chinatown District. Later, the authorities convicted the pair of the killings and gave each a life sentence. A court uncovered, tried, and convicted a third person of robbery and assault and sent him to prison, too.
- 1984 Saturday: Italy and the Vatican signed an accord under which, Roman Catholicism ceased to be the state religion of Italy.
- 1987 Wednesday: The executives of the Girl Scout movement decided to change the color of the scout uniforms from the traditional Girl Scout green to the newer Girl Scout blue.
- 1988 Thursday: Justice Anthony M. Kennedy takes the oath of office and takes his seat on the Supreme Court on this date. He was nominated by President Ronald Reagan to fill the seat of Associate Justice Lewis F. Powell Jr. Kennedy served from today until his retirement on 07-31-2018.
- 1991 Monday: After a season-long suspension for substance abuse, great goalie, Grant Fuhr, returns to the Edmonton Oilers and shuts out the New Jersey Devils, 4-0.
- 1997 Tuesday: Astronauts on the space shuttle Discovery completed their tune-up of the Hubble Space Telescope after 33 hours of spacewalking; the Hubble was then released using the shuttle’s crane.
- 1998 Wednesday: In post-Soviet Union Russia, monetary problems force the closure of three plants engaged in the producing of nuclear weapons. Elsewhere, in Nevada, two white separtists underwent arrest by the authorities who accused them of plotting a bacterial attack on subways in New York City.
- 2000 Friday: The Commerce Department reported a deficit in trade goods and services of $271.3 billion for 1999. It was the largest calendar-year trade deficit in U.S. history.
- 2001 Sunday: Auto racing star Dale Earnhardt Sr. died in a crash at the Daytona 500; he was 49 years of age. FBI agent Robert Hanssen suffers arrest for spying for the Soviet Union. Eventually, he receives a life sentence and is currently in a federal prison.
- 2003 Tuesday: In South Korea, at least 120 people lost their lives when a man lit a fire on a subway train.
- 2006 Saturday: American Shani Davis won the men’s 1,000-meter speed skating in Turin. He was the first black athlete to win an individual gold medal in Winter Olympic history.
- 2010 Thursday: Yvo de Boer, top climate change official at the United Nations and Executive Secretary of the UN Framework for Climate Change resigns the post.
- 2011 Friday: The voters of Uganda participate in a general election; however, there is fear that the government has rigged them to extend the 30-year rule of rebel leader, Yoweri Museveni. Meanwhile, in Libya, Human Rights Watch reports that 24 people lost their lives in that nation’s so-called “Day of Rage” against the government.
- 2012 Saturday: Pope Benedict XVI announces seven new saints—including American saint, Katerina Tekakwitha, and appoints 22 new cardinals.
- 2013 Monday: At Brussels International Airport in Belgium, armed robbers steal untraceable raw diamonds worth $50 million from a plane within minutes and without alarming any of the passengers.
- 2014 Tuesday: Coca Cola Company announces that it plans to reduce its costs by $1 billion over the next few years to counteract slowing demand.
- 2015 Wednesday: According to Brainy History, the Greek Parliament elects Prokopis Pavlopoulos as the nation’s next president; the SYRIZA Party preferred Pavlopoulos and chose him over opposition party nominee Nicos Alivizatos. Elsewhere- in a great day for the civilized world- the Nigerian army kills about 300 Boko Haram thugs, wounds loads more, and drives the survivors off into the jungle in the northeastern part of that nation.
- 2016 Thursday: Pope Francis[vii], an unpopular pontiff with millions of people worldwide shows his true colors when he criticizes presidential hopeful Donald Trump’s Christianity over the billionaire’s promises to build a border wall between the U.S. and Mexico. WTF, pope? We cannot enforce our laws? You have walls surrounding the Vatican City, tear them down or STFU. Elsewhere, South Korea announces that it has intelligence that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has personally given his intelligence services the go-ahead to launch terrorist attacks in the South.
- 2017 Saturday: Former American abortion activist Norma McCorvey, the “Jane Roe” in Roe v. Wade, dies at age 69. She later became pro-life, much to the horror of the pro-Death movement. Elsewhere, in the freestyle wrestling event at wrestling’s World Cup, Iran defeats the United States. Wow.
- 2018 Sunday: An Iranian airlines flight crashes in the Zagros Mountains, killing all 66 people on board. Meanwhile, President Donald J. Trump sends out a series of Tweets in which, he expresses his displeasure on a variety of things. Here is what he said in some of his messages: “If it was the GOAL of Russia to create discord, disruption and chaos within the U.S. then, with all of the Committee Hearings, Investigations and Party hatred, they have succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. They are laughing their asses off in Moscow. Get smart America!” He has every right to believe this as do tens of millions of Americans.
- 2019 Monday: Former Seattle Seahawks’ player T.J. Cunningham dies at age 46; he played safety. Elsewhere, Senator Bernie Sanders, DS-VT, announces he is going to make another run at winning the 2020 Democratic Party’s presidential nomination. Meanwhile, at a massive rally in Florida, President Trump blasts Venezuelan thug leader Nicolas Maduro, calling on the military hierarchy to defect and go against the authoritarian former bus driver. Finally, Senator Elizabeth Warren promises to reveal her universal childcare plan. Yeah, right. Always promising but seldom delivering.
- 2020 Tuesday: President Donald J. Trump executes four pardons/commutations of sentence on this date: “Junk Bond King” Michael Milken, former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich, former San Francisco 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo Jr., and former NYPD Commissioner Bernard “Bernie” Kerik. Once again, President Trump has demonstrated his commitment to doing what is right in a U.S. Justice system gone mad. Meanwhile, tomorrow night is the big debate, the first DNC one to feature multibillionaire Michael Bloomberg and Democrats are going berserk around the country fearful that this POS bigoted scumbag is trying to BUY the nomination and then the White House.
- 2021 Thursday: Day 30 of the Biden Regime. First, in a magnanimous moment of charity, Bill Gates suggests that it might be ‘okay’ for Donald Trump to be allowed back onto social media platforms- what a guy. Speaking of Big Tech, Facebook is screeching and crying over to having to pay for its news feeds in Australia. The country passed a law in which social media and search engine platforms Downunder must reimburse the sources from whence the news emanates. Of course, Facebook does not like this. Stop the sobbing. In other media news, we learn today that Antifa thug John “Jake” Sullivan, a POS Marxist who led the Capitol Hill Riots of January 06, 2021 received $35,000 each from CNN and NBC for his photos of the death of Ashlii Babbitt on that horrendous day, one the Dems continue trying to tie to former President Donald J. Trump. Speaking of that horrible day and its aftermath, General Russell L. Honoré- the hero of Hurricane Katrina and now, a Kool-Aid-guzzling hack hired by Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi to investigate the left-wing Capitol Hill Riots of January 06, 2021, is saying all manner of crazy things. First, the barbed wire and walls around the Capitol aren’t leaving anytime soon, next that most of the line officers are pro-Trumpers, and that various Republicans must be rounded up, expelled, or imprisoned. What happened to this guy? Fascism is coming to a town or city near YOU soon.
- 2021 Thursday A: Governor Gregg Abbott of Texas is overwhelmed by the collapse of his state’s power infrastructure. The winter storm has virtually stopped ALL power generation. No one ever thought something like this would happen to the Lone Star State and those of us who might have thought about moving there at some point are now reconsidering those thoughts. Apparently the Electrical Reliability Council of Texas- never anticipated a disaster such as what has millions in the dark, sans heat, sans electricity, sans water, and sans communication services, Meanwhile, conservative Senator Ted Cruz of Texas was caught on film taking his family to Cancun, Mexico, to escape the winter freeze-for-all in his home state. In other energy-winter news, Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards is asking the federal government for a natural disaster emergency declaration.
- 2021 Thursday B: The earpiece in Joe Biden’s ear has told him to say he is going to establish a commission to look into reparations for slavery. We went to our colleague Chef Bea O’Malley for his opinion on this matter and this is what she said: “NEVER gonna happen and here’s why- IF the Democrats were to give us black folks ‘reparations’ for something none of us have ever known (unless we came from the Third World), it would take one of their biggest RACISM ‘drums’ off the drum kit. Thus, they never will do this because they would rather bang the drum for the rest of eternity than to actually address a ‘problem’ none of us living in this country have ever known.’ She also pointed out the obvious: they can’t even get us Chi-Vi relief checks so how the heck are they going to get us ‘reparations?’ The earpiece also told Joe Biden to look into how he can remove ALL student loan debt from the American people. Our question: are the professors going to work for free or are we, the American people, going to have to foot this bill, too? Dumb ass.
- 2021 Thursday C: House Financial Services Committee Chairperson Maxine Waters, D-CA, is busting the balls of CEOs from Robinhood and Reddit today over the GameStop debacle that saw the price of the stock driven sky high and then billions in short sales. Of course Democrats are upset they didn’t make some money off this amazingly successful strategy. Meanwhile, the numbers of people murdered by New York Governor Andrew “Killer” Cuomo in his vast nursing home scandal and conspiracy, the one in which, he channeled COVID-19-infected people back into the places from whence they came and where their fellow patients were highly vulnerable to infection, illness, and death. The number of nursing home deaths now sits at 19,000 dead and moron Cuomo MUST go to prison for this outrage. Elsewhere around the country, the Los Angeles County School District has voted to remove ALL police from their school campuses and to seek $25,000 from the LAPD annual budget so they can concentrate on racial equity programs. We bet YOU guys feel so good about yourselves, don’t you, wetting your panties we bet. Finally, in California, the drive to recall Governor Gavin Newsom has far surpassed the necessary 1.5 million signatures which is why this POS nephew of Nancy Pelosi has signed a law that mandates the mailing of ballots to every registered voter (and illegal aliens) so as to ‘protect them from the Chinese Virus. What does that say about mail-in ballots?
- 2021 Thursday D: Unemployment figures from last week far surpassed the week before, coming in at 861,000. Thank you, ‘Pro-China Joe’ Biden for being such a worthless POS that you are. Your policies are killing the country. Meanwhile, another POS politician- Congresswoman Liz Cheney, R-WY, under censure from the state’s GOP joins the loony tunes circus by saying, “There are white supremacists in both the GOP and the Democratic Party.” WTF is wrong with YOU? Another loser, Senator Susan Collins, RINO-Maine, says the ‘state’s GOP should focus on elections and not on (her) rebuke.’ Senator Collins, you MUST go. Speaking of elections, RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel says the national GOP is working on securing elections across the country. Finally, Congressman Steve Scalise, R-LA, has gone to Mar-A-Lago to visit with President Donald J. Trump. Speaking of the former president, 75-percent of Republicans want Mr. Trump to continue as a major guiding light of the GOP which does not bode well for the “Cocaine Mitch” McConnell RINO wing of the party.
- 2021 Thursday E: The earpiece in Joe Biden’s ear has given him a NEW immigration plan- near immediate legalization of 11 million illegal aliens in the country (an extremely low number seeing as how various estimates have put the numbers closer to between 30-50 million shadow-dwellers). Some Democrats are beginning to tremble because if illegals become immediate citizens, the economy is going to tank, America’s genuine citizens are going to suffer, and crime rates are going to skyrocket rather than plummet. Still, no one will talk sense to Barack Hussein Obama- oops- Joe Biden, certainly no one within his administration. Elsewhere, any answers about flawed ‘Joe Biden policies’ are answered by White House Press Secretary Jen “Circle Back” Psaki with ‘this one’s a woman, that one’s gay, that one is intersectional,’ like it’s somehow some sort of consolation that the person charged with fixing the problems are men who have become women or women who have become men, etc. Enough with the identity politics already. It almost makes us wish the Chi-Coms or the Russkies or the Taliban would take over so we could clean house on all this insanity. In other Joe Biden news, the earpiece tells Usurper Joe to negate another Trump order, one that limited ‘climate change’ as a hashmark in federal reviews.
- 2021 Thursday F: Here are particulars for the bill for the border swimmers and jumpers- 8 pathway to citizenship for ‘11’ (truly 30-50) million illegals. Temporary status of five years plus three-year wait for citizenship. The word, “illegal aliens” will be removed and ‘undocumented Democrats,’ oops, ‘undocumented persons will take its place as will be more immigration courts and judges plus $4 billion investment in Central America and infrastructure so illegals wanting to come here can begin the process there. Effectively, NO one is going to be deported. Thank you, Joe, thank you for destroying our country.
- 2021 Thursday G: Here are today’s stats for the Wuhan Flu, planet first: 109,901,391 confirmed cases, +288,143, 2,430,096, confirmed deaths, +8,615, and 61,879,542 confirmed recoveries, +203,350. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 28,100,922 confirmed cases, up 70,592 from yesterday’s reporting, 495,180 confirmed deaths, +2,253 from yesterday’s reporting, and 11,166,500 confirmed recoveries, UP- UNKNOWN- same number as three weeks ago, going on four. NOTE- in the White House 30 DAYS, apparently the U.S. will NO longer report the number of recoveries. Shame on you, Chi-Com Joe. NOTE: SINCE JOE BIDEN BECAME PRESIDENT ON JANUARY 20, 2021, THERE HAVE BEEN 166,609 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE U.S. Joe, you said you had a plan- where the f**k is it?
- 2021 Thursday H: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 3,505,032 confirmed cases, 47,902 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 27,460 confirmed cases, 427 confirmed deaths (not updated in a week), and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 334,284 confirmed cases, 4,824 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other piece of U.S. real estate- Missouri: currently, they have 510,705 confirmed cases, 7,929 confirmed deaths, and NO mention of confirmed recoveries. Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 738,629 confirmed cases, 5,473 confirmed deaths, and 681,249 confirmed recoveries.
- 2021 Thursday I: For the heck of it, let’s look at another country- Germany: currently, they have 2,362,352 confirmed cases of the dreaded Chi-Vi, 67,074 confirmed deaths, and 2,153,918 confirmed recoveries. The AP reports that Governor Andrew “Killer” Cuomo sent at least 9,000 COVID-19-infected patients into New York nursing homes where he killed at least 15,000-20,000 if not more. For this lowlife scumbag to do this, he did it for ONE THING and ONE THING ONLY: to eliminate the aged, the infirm, the chronically ill, and the mentally challenged. Governor Cuomo must be put on trial for mass murder. He will neither apologize nor will he admit his guilt. This man must go to prison, his book should be canceled, and his Emmy stripped away. Imagine if HE was a Republican. The Democrats are slamming this piece of pond scum while the FBI is looking into his actions. We also learned that Governor “Killer” Cuomo called Democrats in the state’s legislature and threatened them with repercussions. F**k him.
- 2021 Thursday J: IS THIS THE BEGINNING OF THE BIDEN DEPRESSION WE PREDICTED WOULD HAPPEN IN LATE SPRING/EARLY SUMMER? We will keep our eyes on the crumbling stocks and commodities markets. Here are today’s Stock Market closes but note- the Stock Market is now plummeting thanks to identity politics in the White House: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 31,493.34, DOWN 119.68 points (-0.38%). Next, the NASDAQ: 13,865.36, DOWN 100.14 points (-0.72%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 3,913.97, DOWN 17.36 points (-0.44%). The price of GOLD is $1,770.20 per troy oz., -4.80 (-0.27%) while the price of SILVER is $26.89 per troy ounce, -0.19 (-0.69%). The price of PLATINUM is $1,274.20 per troy oz, -0.50 (-0.04%) while the price of COPPER is $3.90 per pound, 0.00 (+0.06%). The price of PALLADIUM is $2,558.80 per troy oz, -10.90 (-0.06%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $59.68 per barrel, -0.84 (-1.39%). Currently, one-dollar U.S. = 6.49 Chi-Com yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.83 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 20.30. Next, $1.00 U.S. = 0.000019 Bitcoin (BTC). One buck U.S. = 5.43 Brazilian Real.
- 2021 Thursday K: Former President Donald J. Trump’s approval ratings among all citizens now rests at 59-percent approval ratings. Meanwhile, a U.S. Senate panel has scheduled February 23, 2021, as the date for holding a hearing on the SolarWinds hack. Next, the CDC releases a report in which, it says there ‘is no credible evidence that foods can pass the Wuhan Virus Crisis, the Xi Jinping Bat Flu, the Panda Pandemic, or the Chi-Vi to other human beings. Speaking of the ‘VID, vaccine trials with pregnant women set to begin soon so as to fill a major black hole in what’s known about the Wuhan Institute of Virology’s escaped disease. Meanwhile, in 2020 during the Chi-Com Fever, greenhouse gas emissions fell by 9.2-percent. Elsewhere, the Taliban sent a letter to feeble old Joe Biden informing him that ‘he had better stick to the timeline on withdrawing U.S. troops his predecessor negotiated with the terrorist group.’ Speaking of Donald Trump, President Donald J. Trump wistfully tells Newsmax ‘IF ONLY ‘Cocaine Mitch’ McConnell would hit back at Joe Biden and “Cryin’ Chuck” Schumer as hard as he hits me.’ That’s a hell of a statement. Finally- as if no one did not know this, the U.S. is putting out feelers to rejoin the JCPOA, the corrupt agreement with which to prevent the Iranians from going nuclear. Wow.
- 2021 Thursday L: NASA successfully landed their latest Mars Rover today. This is their most advanced lander yet, one that will test for signs of ancient (and present) life as well as run experiments with which to convert carbon dioxide into oxygen. There also is a plan to return rock and soil samples back to the Earth. Gee, after what has happened with the Chi-Coms and their Panda Pandemic, is that not something we could do on, say, the moon? Meanwhile, the U.S. House of Representatives introduces a bill with which to ban all products from Xinjiang Province in western China in which, slave labor produced it. The Chi-Coms would have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that NO slave labor by Uighurs or other Muslims produced it. Xinjiang Province produces much of the world’s cotton and cotton products and the Uighur and other religious minority slaves are the ones doing it.
- 2021 Thursday M: Texas cold snap enters its sixth day as biggest energy-producing state in the United States contends with systemic power outrages that have killed more than 20 people and left 4 million Texans in the dark and in the cold. Many are having to boil snow to obtain water because any water coming out of the pipes is not potable seeing as how water purification plants have shut down due to loss of power from windmills and solar farms. IF anyone requires a glimpse of what a future under loony tunes Green New Deal legislation looks like, take a good, long look at Texas, the number one state with the biggest fossil fuel reserves. Liberalism has infected a conservative government and left the citizens of the Lone Star state suffering because of it. Whatever that bug-eyed dingbat, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, we should do the exact flipping opposite of it.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0378 a 12” x 16” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Autumn Nocturne.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
The Michael Schenker Group delivered their own BBC effort, “BBC Radio 1- Live in Concert” on May 07, 1992, featuring music from the “Assault Attack Tour” of 1982. Joining the now legendary hardcore German rocker were his original vocalist, Gary Barden, Chris Glen (bass), Andy Nye (keyboards/backing vocals), Ted McKenna (drums/percussion), and second guitarist/vocalist Derek St. Holmes. This band delivers one smoking rocker after another to the delight of the fans in attendance at the famed Reading Festival that is an annual rock confab in the United Kingdom year after year. We hope you will seek this one out and consider adding it to your growing album collection so that you may enjoy this music as much as your ears and mind can handle hardcore rock-and-roll. You will be glad you did it.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 02-18-2021, all rights reserved. Total Word Count: 4,868.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, Skip Battin, The Byrds, The Flying Burrito Brothers, David Gilmour, Pink Floyd, Syd Barrett, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Robbie Bachman, Just the Facts, the Little River Band, Derek Pellicci, the Doobie Brothers, Keith Knudson, Norma McCorvey, Roe v. Wade, Pope Benedict XVI, Pope Francis, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice William Strong, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Howell Edmunds Jackson, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Anthony Kennedy, U.S. Secretary of War John Bell, U.S. Attorney General William Wirt, Michael Schenker Group, Elmer K. Hootenstein,
TODAY IN HISTORY, THURSDAY FEBRUARY 18, 2021
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Thursday, February 18, 2021:
[i] We offered the music of the Byrds beginning on Monday, 16-January-2012 and concluded the presentation on Friday, 17-February-2012.
[ii] We began offering the music of the famed Flying Burrito Brothers on Sunday, 23-February-2014 through Thursday, 06-March-2014. Please seek them out. We thank you.
[iii] We hope to promote the music of the Doobie Brothers sometime before 2030. We hope you will remain vigilant.
[iv] On Wednesday, 14-June-2017, we began presenting the music of the Guess Who and of its individual members- including Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Randy Bachman, Burton Cummings, and Bravebelt.. The entire discography ran from the above date through Sunday, 01-October-2017. We hope you will check them out.
[v] We are not sure when we will begin offering albums by the Little River Band as that could be another 5-10 years from now but one day, we most surely will because they are one of the world’s greatest bands. Seeing them live in the 1970s was mind-altering
[vi] We look forward to sharing the music of Pink Floyd- as well as the band’s members- sometime within the next 5-6 years.
[vii] Millions of Catholics wish that Pope Francis would go home to Argentina and remain there.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR