TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
SPRING SESSION 2022
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 215
108. TODAY IN HISTORY—MONDAY, APRIL 18, 2022:
Easter Monday / Tax Day / Patriots’ Day (Maine and Massachusetts), Boston Marathon
Vice President William R. King; U.S. Attorney General John Y. Mason; U.S. Secretary of the Interior Henry M. Teller; U.S. Treasury Secretary Paul H. O’Neill; Colosseum featuring Tony Reeves, Moby Grape featuring Skip Spence:
- 310 Monday: St. Eusebius begins his reign as the 31st Catholic Pope. He would serve from today until August 17, 310.
- 1521 Monday: In the Diet of Worms, breakaway priest, Martin Luther, confronted Emperor Charles V and refused to retract the views that led to his excommunication from the Catholic Church.
- 1775 Tuesday: American revolutionaries Paul Revere, William Dawes, and Samuel Prescott rode through the towns of Massachusetts giving the warning that the Regulars were coming. Later, people attributed the phrase “the British are coming” to Revere even though it is unlikely that he used that wording being British subjects and all.
- 1783 Friday: Fighting ceases in the American Revolution, eight years to the day since it first erupted.
- 1799 Thursday: In Hicksford, Virginia, the future 18th U.S. Attorney General John Y. Mason is born. A Democrat, he would serve under President James K. Polk from March 05, 1845, to September 16,1846.
- 1846 Saturday: R.E. House patented the telegraph ticker.
- 1853 Monday: The 13th vice president of the United States, (served 03-04-1853 to 04-18-1853), Democrat William R. King—died in office on this date.
- 1861 Thursday: Prior to the onset of the American Civil War, General Robert E. Lee rejects an opportunity to command ALL Union Armies but instead, elects to fight for the Confederacy.
- 1880 Sunday: A tornado strikes Marshfield, Missouri, killing 99 people and injuring 100.
- 1882 Tuesday: The 15th U.S. Interior Secretary Henry M. Teller assumed office on this date. A Republican, he served under President Chester Alan Arthur from today until March 03, 1885, and then became a U.S. senator from the Rocky Mountain State.
- 1895 Thursday: The New York State government passed an act that established free public baths for all citizens on this date.
- 1902 Friday: Denmark becomes the first country to adopt fingerprinting to identify criminals.
- 1906 Wednesday: A devastating earthquake stuck San Francisco, California, which a raging fire then followed that swept through the city. Estimates of the final death toll range between 3,000 and 6,000.
- 1910 Monday: Suffragists showed up at the U.S. Capitol with half a million signatures demanding that women receive the right to vote. Elsewhere, Walter R. Brookins made the first airplane flight at night.
- 1916 Tuesday: Fighting continues between German Colonial troops and their South African opponents around Kondona Irangi. The Germans are able to continue inflicting substantial losses on their Allied opponents which is tying down massive numbers of Allie troops that could be used to better purpose in the European theater.
- 1917 Wednesday: The Second Battle of Gaza which began yesterday in earnest is underway. British artillery and warships begin bombing the hell of out the Turkish positions but the Ottomans being seasoned troops are not flinching. They will put up a spirited defense to hold onto their hard-won gains.
- 1918 Thursday: As Czarist Russia continues imploding, German troops in Finland are fighting to cut off Russian forces fighting to maintain the incorporated nation in their camp. Meanwhile, another breakaway country, Lithuanian, shows its new national flag.
- 1923 Wednesday: The first game at the original Yankee Stadium in New York occurred on this date; the Yankees beat the Boston Red Sox by a score of 4-1. Meanwhile, Poland annexes central Lithuania.
- 1924 Friday: The first crossword puzzle book hits publication by Simon & Schuster.
- 1927 Monday: Generalissimo Chiang Kai-Shek forms anti-communist government in China[i].
- 1934 Wednesday: The first laundromat (called a ‘washateria’) opened in Fort Worth, Texas.
- 1936 Saturday: Pan-Am Clipper begins regular passenger flights from San Francisco to Honolulu.
- 1938 Monday: Superman, aka “The Man of Steel,” made his debut as the first issue of Action Comics (bearing a cover date of June) went on sale for 10 cents a copy. However, in 2014, a nearly flawless original copy sold on eBay for $3.2 million.
- 1941 Friday: Yugoslavia is out of the fight and Greece is soon to follow. The Axis troops continue pushing deeper into Greece driving all that stands before them farther south. The German 6th Mountain Division arrives on the outskirts of Mt. Olympus.
- 1942 Saturday: An air squadron from the USS Hornet led by Lt. Colonel James H. Doolittle raided Tokyo and other Japanese cities. The B-25 bombers launched off the pitching decks of the aircraft carrier USS Hornet and flew to their targets. Most caught the Japanese by surprise and since the bombing mission was a one-way flight, the planes that managed to avoid being shot down flew into China and ditched. The Japanese were angry as hornets and went after the air crews with venom. Many were killed where they were found. Meanwhile, the first World War II edition of The Stars and Stripes underwent publication as a weekly newspaper.
- 1943 Sunday: During World War II, Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, commander-in-chief of the Japanese Combined Fleet, died as U.S. fighters intercepted his aircraft as it approached Bougainville in the Solomon Islands and shot it down. Elsewhere, future bassist with the British jazz-rock band, Colosseum[ii]– Tony Reeves- is born in New Eltham, Southeast London, England, on this date.
- 1944 Tuesday: As the Red Army continues rolling up the Axis in the Crimea, the Soviets capture the historic settlement of Balaklava on the western shore. Any Axis troops not fortunate enough to be evacuated by sea to the west will wind up in POW camps…if they’re lucky.
- 1945 Wednesday: Famed American war correspondent Ernie Pyle, 44, died by Japanese gunfire on the Pacific island of Ie Shima off Okinawa. Elsewhere, Il Duce Benito Mussolini visits Milan in the hopes of being able to make a stand there with his remaining loyal Fascist troops. Things would not end well for him there.
- 1946 Thursday: In Windsor, Ontario, California, Skip Spence, future original drummer of the Jefferson Airplane[iii] and later vocalist and guitarist with the San Francisco band, Moby Grape[iv], was born on this date. Meanwhile, the United States recognizes the Yugoslavia government of Marshal Tito.
- 1949 Monday: The Republic of Ireland withdraws from the British Commonwealth.
- 1954 Sunday: Colonel Abdel Nasser seizes control of the Egyptian government and proclaims himself the prime minister. Elsewhere, at Dien Bien Phu, heavy fighting at Huguette 6 ends near dawn with the Viet Minh victorious. The cost is high for both sides, the French are having difficulty replacing their losses while the People’s Army is scraping the bottom of the barrel in other parts of the country and bringing in teenagers to continue the fight. There is hope among the French leadership that the U.S. will begin flying air missions to help them…[v]
- 1956 Wednesday: Egypt and Israel agree to a ceasefire over the Suez Canal Conflict. Meanwhile, American actress Grace Kelly married Prince Rainier of Monaco in a civil ceremony. A church wedding occurred the following day.
- 1958 Friday: Government troops retake Padang, Middle-Sumatra, Indonesia, from the Islamist thugs who had control of it. Elsewhere, a United States federal court rules that poet Ezra Pound should receive his release from an insane asylum.
- 1963 Thursday: In the 16th NBA Finals game, the Boston Celtics beat the Los Angeles Lakers by a final tally of 4 games to 3. Elsewhere, Dr. James Campbell performs the first human nerve transplant.
- 1964 Saturday: In Major League Baseball, Los Angeles Dodger Sandy Koufax becomes the first pitcher to strike out the side on 9 pitches.
- 1966 Monday: In the NBA, Bill Russell becomes the first black head coach of a team, his former one, the Boston Celtics.
- 1968 Thursday: Great Britain sells the London Bridge to a U.S. oil company that plans to erect it in the state of Arizona.
- 1978 Tuesday: The U.S. Senate votes to turn the Panama Canal over to Panama on December 31, 1999. (The American people did not vote for President Jimmy Carter to hand the Panama Canal over to the Panamanians who then hire Chi-Coms to operate it).
- 1980 Friday: Zimbabwe (formerly Southern Rhodesia) declares independence from UK.
- 1983 Monday: In Lebanon at the U.S. embassy, a suicide bomber kills 63 people.
- 1987 Saturday: A fellow skydiver rescues an unconscious colleague in mid-air.
- 1989 Tuesday: Zimbabwe gains its independence.
- 1990 Wednesday: The Supreme Court of the United States rules states could make it a crime to possess or to look at child pornography, even in one’s home.
- 1991 Thursday: In Atlantic City, New Jersey, heavyweight boxer Oliver “The Atomic Bull” McCall scores a 9th round TKO in a scheduled 10-round bout over Bruce Seldon, aka the Atlantic City Express. Seldon’s record with the loss went to 18-1 while the “Atomic Bull’s” record went to 16-4.
- 1995 Tuesday: Former San Francisco 49ers and current Kansas City Chiefs quarterback, Joe Montana, announces his retirement from the NFL.
- 1996 Thursday: A least 106 civilians die when the Israeli Defense Forces accidentally shell the UN compound at Quanah, Lebanon.
- 2003 Friday: In Baghdad, U.S. military arrives on the scene of a ‘biological testing center’ and discover that various of horrible diseases have been stolen. Gone are cholera samples, HIV, black fever, polio, and other problematic diseases that can be used as weapons. Meanwhile law enforcement authorities in the San Francisco Bay-area confirm that the headless body and dead fetus discovered washed up on the shore do belong to the missing Laci Peterson and her unborn child.
- 2004 Sunday: Sworn in yesterday, Socialist Party Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero of Spain says that in accordance with the will of the Spanish people, all Spanish troops serving in Iraq should be brought home as soon as it is humanly possible. Elsewhere, following the death of its leader Abdel Aziz Ali Abdul Majid al-Rantisi, killed in an Israeli missile strike the day before selects a new leader but does not take to the streets to announce who the lucky thug is. They know the Israelis might light up this POS, too.
- 2005 Monday: In the Papal Conclave of 2005, senior cardinals signal no new pope has been chosen by sending up black smoke, the traditional method of signaling no decision. When white smoke goes up, they have made their choice and will inform the world. We will await the decision.
- 2006 Tuesday: Since becoming president in 2003, Chi-Com President Hu Jintao arrives in Washington state, his first official visit to the United States. Meanwhile, Russian gas company Gazprom and customer European Union are having issues. The head of Gazprom told the EU leadership NOT to politicize the delivery of cheap energy for the rest of Europe.
- 2007 Wednesday: People across the United States are protesting gun crimes what with the massacre at Virginia Tech earlier in the week. Police announce their suspect is a Korean student named 23-year-old Cho Seung-Hui as the mass murderer. The POS used two handguns to kill more people in 10 minutes than ever before. Wow.
- 2008 Friday: Ahead of trade talks between the United States and South Korea, the latter agrees to open its markets to U.S. beef from the former. (Note- we find it amazing that we have all these allies who won’t take our goods. What’s up with that?)
- 2009 Saturday: At a warehouse in Hunan, communist China, something goes incredibly awry when the place suddenly blows up killing at least 18 people in the initial explosion and wounding and disfiguring God knows how many others.
- 2010 Sunday: President of Iran Mahmud Ahmadinejad calls for ‘alien troops’ to leave and suggests that the regional nations should settle things among themselves. Tehran wants NO U.S. or other troops anywhere in the Middle East believing that Iran should be the dominant power in the region.
- 2011 Monday: Things continue getting out of hand in Syria. In the city of Homs, anti-government protesters are angrier than ever after the Syrian military opened fire on people protesting the Bashar al-Assad regime. A military officer who refused to fire on protesters undergoes execution himself. Anti-Bashar al-Assad protesters are getting whacked all over the country.
- 2012 Wednesday: The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission together complete rules to limit which firms are required to register with either or both agencies as ‘swap dealers.’ Elsewhere, the wimpified U.S. military is condemning photos of U.S. servicemen posing with the corpses of mangled suicide bombers. At least two such incidents occurred. (Note- they should have seen photos from the Vietnam War. It was what it was).
- 2013 Thursday: Kepler-62e and Kepler-62f, two planets resembling planet Earth are discovered revolving around the star Kepler-62 in the habitable zone, an area around the stars whose atmospheric pressure can support liquid water at the surface. Elsewhere, President Barack Obama visits the city of Boston. Meanwhile, as a condition of talking to the Obama administration, North Korea demands that all UN-imposed sanctions on their country be lifted or screw off.
- 2014 Friday: About 80 miles northwest of the resort town of Acapulco, Mexico, a 7.2-magnitude earthquake hits but the authorities report only minimal damage. Elsewhere, in the Ukrainian city of Donetsk, pro-Russian thugs holding government buildings refuse to surrender them to Ukrainian authorities threatening an international incident. Kiev needs to send in some worse thugs than the Russian scum holding them and evict them right into a prison cell. This is what happens when an American president- Bill Clinton- promised the Ukrainians that ‘America would come to their defense if they would only surrender their nuclear weapons.’ This mess occurred shortly after the fall of the Soviet Union.
- 2015 Saturday: In Nigeria, 17 people die from a mystery disease within 24 hours of the onset of symptoms. Tests show that the disease is not viral; however, currently, there is no identification. Elsewhere, the Rock-and-Roll Hall of Fame inducts Ringo Starr[vi] (finally!), the Paul Butterfield Blues Band[vii] (finally!), Joan Jett and the Blackhearts[viii] (finally!), Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble[ix] (guy’s been dead quite a while), Green Day[x], Bill Withers[xi], Lou Reed[xii] (finally), and the Five Royals.
- 2016 Monday: U.S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter arrives in Baghdad and informs his counterparts that in an effort to defeat ISIS, the U.S. will be sending more troops to help Iraqi troops repel the murderous thugs. Elsewhere, in the eastern end of the Mediterranean Sea, a migrant boat off the coast of Egypt, overloaded with Somali immigrants bound for Italy capsizes and at least 400 of the travelers drown.
- 2017 Tuesday: After a racist, anti-white gunman goes on a shooting rampage in downtown Fresno, California, law enforcement catches up with the murderous POS charging him with three murders as well as one or two others he committed several days prior to these crimes. SHOOT him. Meanwhile, President Trump visits Kenosha, Wisconsin, and signs an executive order with which to strengthen U.S. workers as opposed to foreign workers as well as to examine the number of H-1B visa handed out by the U.S. every year so BIG TECH can avoid hiring American workers in place of low-cost foreign workers.
- 2018 Wednesday: In Managua, Nicaragua, as protesters march protesting cuts to social programs by the Sandinista government, pro-government gangs take to the streets and begin beating the living bejezzus out of them. Such is the ‘communist way.’ Elsewhere as more information arises from Israeli air strikes into neighboring Syria appears, we learn that their targets were Iranian missile systems with which to target Israeli aircraft. Well, the Iranians will have to start over…
- 2019 Thursday: Attorney General William “Bill” Barr releases a redacted version of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s findings on whether then candidate Donald J. Trump conspired with the Russkies to win the 2016 Presidential Election. The findings found NO trace of any collusion between Vladimir Putin and candidate Trump but also did not entirely clear President Trump of other ‘alleged’ or ‘suspected wrongdoings.’ Foaming-at-the-mouth Democrats were screaming, “See! See! The report did not say Trump didn’t collude; no, it only said no evidence could be uncovered.’ Ah, gee whiz, and so it goes…
- 2020 Saturday: The COVID-19 Virus Crisis continues taking lives and ruining economies around the globe. Many speculate that the Chinese- allied with the Democrats- set this debacle upon the world. Rather funny how it sprang up in the death throes of impeachment. Thank you, communist China, thank you, Democratic Party. Around the globe, we have 2,310,572 confirmed cases of this horrible disease, 158,691 confirmed deaths, and 590,682 confirmed recoveries.
The United States claims 739,988 confirmed cases what with 38,928 confirmed fatalities but 66,357 confirmed recoveries. Yet Democratic governors such as Gretchen Whitmer and the KKK governor of Virginia, continue locking down their states as though they are communists themselves. One can only wonder why? Meanwhile, our ‘friends,’ the People’s Republic of China claim 88,302 confirmed cases, 4,632 confirmed deaths, and 82,589 confirmed recoveries.
- 2020 Saturday: In Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the former 72nd U.S. Treasury Secretary Paul H. O’Neill died at age 84. A Republican, he served under President George W. Bush from January 20, 2001, to December 31, 2002.
- 2021 Sunday: COVID-19 STATISTICS FOR THE PLANET AS A WHOLE: 141,015,440 confirmed cases, +932,847, 3,014,805 confirmed deaths, +12,651, and 80,500,382 confirmed recoveries, +659,474. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 31,867,364 confirmed cases, UP 102,620 from yesterday’s reporting, 572,627 confirmed deaths, UP 1,163, and 119,031,290 confirmed recoveries. Note- we are going to do our own estimates of recoveries based on percentages seeing as how the CDC won’t report them.[xiii]
- 2021 Sunday A: NOTE: SINCE JOE BIDEN BECAME PRESIDENT ON JANUARY 20, 2021, THERE HAVE BEEN 247,359 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States- feeble old Joe, in another two to three weeks, you will have tied the total number witnessed by the Trump administration in nearly a year of the rampaging coronavirus pandemic. In other COVID-19 news, the AMAZING Dr. Tony Fauci says it’s ‘unlikely that the J & J Chi-Vi vaccine will be sidelined for good.’ We aren’t going to take that crap so you may as well send it to the Chi-Coms, the Iranians, or some other crap-hole country. Oh, Dr. Fauci also says ‘guns are a health issues.’ No kidding- get shot by one and you have a problem but then again, so are knives and sledgehammers if misused.
- 2021 Sunday B: COVID-19 STATISTICS in the four states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Florida, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 3,716,603 confirmed cases, 60,949 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Moving on, here are the numbers for Florida: 2,168,901 confirmed cases, 34,439 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s count). Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 31,606 confirmed cases, 474 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s count). Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 387,312 confirmed cases, 5,427 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s). Let us look at one other portion of the U.S., Nevada, the home of fraudulent 2020 Election results: they have 310,239 confirmed cases, 5,365 confirmed deaths, but no mention of confirmed recoveries.[xiv]
- 2021 Sunday C: Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 837,047 confirmed cases, 6,338 confirmed deaths, and 828,235 confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one non-country- the West Bank, long a part of Israel: 279,273 cases of the virus, 2,983 confirmed deaths and 245,293 confirmed recoveries.[xv]
- 2021 Sunday D: U.S. DOLLAR CONVERSIONS– Currently, Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000018. As for Chi-Com money, one-dollar U.S. = 6.52 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.84 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 19.92. In Haitian Gourde, one greenback equals 81.80 and in Honduran Lempira, a buck equals 23.98.[xvi]
- 2021 Sunday E: U.S. NATIONAL DEBT AND GASOLINE PRICES IN THE FOUR STATES IN WHICH WE HAVE CHEF-AUTHORS– Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising by the day- in California, gasoline prices have risen to over $3.968 per gallon, $2.826 in Florida, $3.745 in Hawaii, and $3.371 in Washington state.[xvii] Let’s look at one other location- Kansas: $2.676. Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $28,186,291,746,801 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but flipping TRILLIONS.[xviii]
- 2021 Sunday F: GUNS-GUNS-GUNS– in the era of the FALSE PRESIDENT- Joe Biden- gun crimes continue unabated what a shooting at a bar in Kenosha, Wisconsin, early this morning that killed three and injured another three. By midday, law enforcement had located a person of interest in this mass shooting. Meanwhile, another mass shooting occurred in an Austin, Texas, apartment complex when an unknown shooter shot and killed three people and then vanished into thin air. Police are going door to door searching for the scumbag involved in this crime. Already, it would appear that more mass shootings have occurred under the Biden regime than in the entire Trump presidency. Are people this upset with a phony president in the White House? Are they upset over the phony president’s plans to strip them of their guns that they are pouring out of the woodwork like the cockroaches they are taking care of business before they are forced to mete out justice and/or punishment via baseball bats and meat cleavers? What the hell is going on?[xix]
- 2021 Sunday G: JOE BIDEN’S BORDER CATASTROPHE– Joe Biden plans to release 400 illegal alien families with their brats into the interior of the country per day by June 2021. We are not going to provide care for this human refuse, Joe. Let ‘em die in the streets. Next, a Texas illegal alien holding pen for young girls gets shut down after a volunteer work dies under mysterious circumstances. Meanwhile, a mumbling, stumbling phony president, Joe Biden, mutters that he has no numbers regarding refugees he is going to resettle in the United States but is looking at 60,000 this year and another 100,000 per year thereafter. Thank you, f**king Joe.
- 2021 Sunday H: FOREIGN NEWS / OVERSEAS NEWS I– Prime Minister Scott Morrison and the Australian government says they are in no hurry to reopen their borders that have been closed thanks to COVID-19. Next, the Czech Republic expels Russian foreign embassy staff over link to alleged 2014 sabotage carried out by the Russkies that blew up a Czech ammo dump. Meanwhile, we learn that the Chi-Coms are ecstatic over the weakness displayed by both senile Joe Biden and a feeble Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga. Taiwan, we’re coming for you. Moving on, the GOP is demanding a stronger show of force as the Russian buildup along the Ukrainian border continues. Invasion coming here soon, too. We expect the Chi-Coms, the Russians, the Iranians, and others are going to move simultaneously, and Joe Biden will be left playing pocket pool on the sidelines. Speaking of Joe Biden’s impotency, former DNI John Ratcliffe says ‘America’s adversaries are taking advantage of Joe Biden’s extremely evident weakness.’
- 2021 Sunday I: FOREIGN NEWS / OVERSEAS NEWS II– President Donald J. Trump says, ‘it’s a positive and wonderful thing to be getting out of Afghanistan but is critical of the timeline of the withdrawal.’ He negotiated the U.S. departure by May 1, 2021, and Joe Biden has extended it to September 11, 2001. Here is what we think: we think it’s a ploy by the Bidenistas to cause the Taliban to begin launching major attacks on U.S. positions and personnel so the United States can turn around and say, “Oh, woe, we have to remain in the s***hole country for another 4-8 years so we can continue profiting from the death and destruction.” There is NO reason to remain in Afghanistan, folks. Elsewhere, the Mossad announces that ‘yes, indeed, the Biden regime is working at getting back into the FAILED Iran nuclear program.’ Thanks for telling us this but we already knew this POS Joe Biden has no original ideas of his own. Speaking of the Iranian fecal matter, they fired a barrage of rockets into a base utilized by U.S. contractors in Iraq. Let’s light Tehran up! Kill ‘em all!
- 2021 Sunday J: FOREIGN NEWS / OVERSEAS NEWS III– Joe Biden’s National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan claims that his boss, the incredibly fuddled Joe Biden is taking a ‘tough stance’ on Vladimir Putin’s Russia over its ongoing mistreatment of Putin critic Alexei Navalny. Why Navalny returned to Russia is beyond us but hey, the Russians are doing horrible crap to the imprisoned anti-Putin, which is not right, but Joe Biden is going to do NOTHING about anything. Elsewhere, Joe Biden’s climate czar, the incredibly phony John F. “Lurch” Kerry is ignoring South Korea’s complaints about Japan’s releasing of toxic water from its shuttered Fukushima nuclear power plant into the ocean.
- 2021 Sunday K: POLITICAL NEWS I– Former President Donald J. Trump ambassador to Denmark Carla Sands is considering a run for Senator Pat Toomey’s seat in Pennsylvania. Next, Senator Ted Cruz, R-TX, says that Joe Biden unlike President Franklin Delano Roosevelt is in an advantageous position to pack the U.S. Supreme Court. Many in the GOP are confident that expanding the U.S. Supreme Court will be detrimental to the Democrats in 2022 and again in 2024. Big flipping deal, the damage will be done and with tens of millions new illegal alien voters, it won’t matter. Why are you people so obstinately stupid? Speaking of other stupidity, new SEC Chairman Gary Gensler plans to increase rules and regulations (such as the ones President Donald J. Trump eradicated) so he can help make Joe Biden’s Green New Deal a reality. Wow. Going to be great.
- 2021 Sunday L: POLITICAL NEWS II– The Grand Old Party in the Peach State has censured not only Governor Brian Kemp, RINO, and others among statewide leadership over their failure to adequately address President Donald J. Trump’s concerns over election fraud. Speaking of Governor Kemp, former Democrat-turned-Republican Vernon Jones announced yesterday that he is going to primary Gov. Kemp. Poor Governor Kemp, he should have stood by President Trump as should have Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, another RINO POS. We hope they lose in next year’s primaries. Meanwhile, Congressman Devin Nunes, R-CA 22nd congressional district, criticizes befuddled old Joe Biden’s work schedule, says that he is ‘not working hard enough like a purported U.S. president.’ Elsewhere, we learn today that the National Security Agency- the NSA- is targeting U.S. Navy officers who are pro-Trump instead of targeting foreign enemies abroad. Wow. How sad. Are we beginning to see the beginning of America’s first Soviet-style purge of military officers? Wow. Finally, at a Lincoln Day fundraiser in Florida, President Donald J. Trump received a thunderous standing ovation from hundreds of assembled guests. “Miss him yet?” You better believe we all do.
- 2021 Sunday M: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS I– Elon Musk beats out Jeff Bezos and Amazon getting a $3 billion NASA contract with which to return Americans to the moon. Moving on, a Rasmussen poll says that 54-percent of likely American voters disapprove of what the Democrat-controlled Congress is doing. We bet it’s way higher than that. Another poll shows that since the Democrats stole the 2020 Presidential Election, CNN’s ratings have plummeted by 54-percent. Equally hateful MSNBC also has seen severe losses in viewership. Next, an Antifa watchdog group has released the mugshots of all the Black Lives Matter and Antifa thugs and punks arrested in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, for the world to see. Most of them are spoiled white punks which leads us to reiterate what we have said before: when two generations of young people are spared the belt across their bare asses, this is what you end up with- punks. Speaking of Brooklyn Center, riots continue in that city as well as in other cities across the nation as leftist scumbags prepare for the verdict in the murder trial of Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin. Finally, Governor Ron DeSantis, R-FL, says the lawsuit the state has on Joe Biden will force the feeble old fool to ‘enforce the law’ instead of avoiding it.
- 2022 Monday: COVID-19 Statistics for The Planet as a Whole– 505,019,209 confirmed cases, +211,451, 6,224,359 confirmed deaths, +1,092 and 456,444,263 confirmed recoveries, +441,770. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 82,355,416 confirmed cases, UP 39,068 from yesterday’s reporting, 1,015,697 confirmed deaths, UP 246,[xx] and 80,225,326 confirmed recoveries, UP to 23,012. We genuinely welcome COVID Live Update World Meter for being honest in covering ALL the numbers- God bless them.[xxi]
- 2022 Monday A: Joe Biden to Donald J. Trump Covid-19 Deaths– Note: since Joe Biden became president on January 20, 2021, there have been 566,404 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States- intellectually inadequate old Joe, by the end of the year, you will have tied the total number seen by the Trump administration in a year of the raging coronavirus pandemic. Under President Trump’s watch, there were 404,645 fatalities from the Chi-Com Bat Virus. From this point forward, ALL COVID-19 deaths are atop Joe Biden. He has surpassed President Donald J. Trump’s 15-month number by 201,649 Chi-Com lab-engineered virus deaths in FIFTEEN MONTHS. Joe has accomplished this onerous task in 453 days. He promised that he would lockdown the virus, NOT the country.
- 2022 Monday B: COVID-19 Statistics in the four states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Florida, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 9,156,797 confirmed cases, 89,796 confirmed deaths, and 8,919,596 confirmed recoveries. Moving on, here are the numbers for Florida: 5,929,190 confirmed cases, 73,738 confirmed deaths, and 5,804,029 confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 243,299 confirmed cases, 1,390 confirmed deaths, and 237,374 of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 1,474,548 confirmed cases, 12,619 confirmed deaths, and 1,436,006 confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other part of the U.S., District of Columbia: they have 139,772 confirmed cases, 1,333 confirmed deaths, and 134,348 confirmed recoveries.[xxii]
- 2022 Monday C: Foreign Covid Stats of The Day– Now that Mo has moved to Israel, let us look at the statistics there: 4,036,384 confirmed cases, 10,647 confirmed deaths, and 3,941,841 confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other portion of the world- Diamond Princess, 216th place on the list: 712 cases of the virus, 13 confirmed death and 699 confirmed recoveries.[xxiii]
- 2022 Monday D: Stock Market Closes/Precious and Rare Metals– DOW Jones Industrial Average: 34,411.69, DOWN 39.54 points (-0.11%). Next, the NASDAQ: 13,332.36 DOWN 18.72 points (-18.72%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 4,391.69, DOWN 0.90 points (-0.02%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $107.59 per barrel, +0.64 (+0.60%). The price of GOLD is $1,980.10 per troy oz., +5.20 (+0.26%) while the price of SILVER is $26.04 per troy ounce, +0.34 (+1.32%). The price of PLATINUM is $1,016.70 per troy oz, +22.50 (+2.26%) while the price of COPPER is $4.80 per pound, +0.08 (+1.67%).[xxiv] The price of PALLADIUM is $2,442.24 per troy oz., +73.78 (+3.11%). The price of RHODIUM is $19,200.00 per troy oz., +0.00 (+0.00%). The price of NEODYMIUM is $1,085,000.00 per CNY/T, -25,000.00 (-2.25%). The price of ALUMINUM is $3,285.50 per USD/T, +49.50 (+1.53%). The price of ZINC is $4,412.00 per USD/T., -49.50 (-1.11%). The price of COCOA is $2,525.00 per USD/T, -58.00 (-2.25%). The price of COFFEE is $223.85 per USD/T, +0.25 (+0.11%). The price of LUMBER is $914.70 USD 1,000 board feet +25.70 (+2.89%).[xxv] Currently, Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000025. As for Chi-Com money, one-dollar U.S. = 6.36 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.93 euros, in Mexican pesos equals 19.82, and in Russian rubles, one dollar equals 80.00 of theirs. In Malaysian Ringgit, one greenback equals 4.25 and in Maldivian Rufiyaa, a buck equals 15.42 and in Mauritanian Ouguiya, one dollar equals 95.53 of theirs.[xxvi]
- 2022 Monday E: U.S. National Debt and Gasoline Prices in The Four States in Which We Have Chef-Authors– Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising and lowering by the day and NOTE- these prices are sans TAXES- in California, gasoline prices have moved to $5.708 per gallon, $4.003 in Florida, $5.226 in Hawaii, and $4.673 in Washington state.[xxvii] Let us look at one other portion of the United States: Kansas- $3.662. We are going to do something else that could be fun- gasoline prices around the world going from cheapest to highest. The next country on the list has the 20th LOWEST gasoline price in the world- Ethiopia: $2.349 per U.S. Gallon.[xxviii] Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $30,393,303,494,350 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but frigging TRILLIONS.[xxix] Cloward and Piven causing problems like they always do which is not good- those two bastards should have met their ends on the chopping block. As for holders of U.S. debt, after Kuwait the next largest holder of U.S. debt is Sweden. This nation holds $47,000,000,000 of U.S. debt (it is important to note that these numbers vary every day with one nation after another jockeying for top position).
- 2022 Monday F: For us, the day after Easter is still another holiday…at least in professional foodservice. Join us for a drink- you know where to find me.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0804 a 30” x 40” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Sky of Gold.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day.
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Record companies being what they are- capitalist, money-making entities- and God bless them for that- released Rick Danko’s next album, “Live at the Tin Angel 1999” on May 10, 2011. Rick was a talented musician and a unique vocalist; his style could evoke emotions that could overwhelm his listeners. The record company offered two discs with more than 30 tunes from two shows he performed on this legendary night. If you love the man, his music, as well as the Band, we hope you will seek this one out, give it a listen if you can and then consider making it a part of your daily listening pleasure- we think you will be glad you did. Look for it now.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 04-18-2022, all rights reserved. (Editor’s Note: we pay the estate of Beverly Carrick an annual fee by which, we can show her paintings to the world. We make NO money from the estate’s sales of her world-famous artworks). Total Word Count: 5,326. Chef Olaf Bologolo.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Beverly Carrick Fiery Sunset Desert Landscapes, Just the Facts, Unvarnished Truth- The, Bill Withers, Tony Reeves, Colosseum, Green Day, Skip Spence, The Jefferson Airplane, Lou Reed, Moby Grape, Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble, President Chester Alan Arthur, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, President Donald J. Trump, President Joseph R. Biden, Joe Biden, Biden Regime, Vice President William R. King, U.S. Attorney General John Y. Mason, U.S. Attorney General William “Bill” Barr, U.S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter, U.S. Interior Secretary Henry M. Teller, SEC Chairman Gary Gensler, U.S. Treasury Secretary Paul H. O’Neill, Senator Ted Cruz, Congressman Devin Nunes, JOE BIDEN’S BORDER CATASTROPHE, JOE BIDEN’S REFUGEE RESETTLEMENT CATASTROPHE, AMAZING Dr. Tony Fauci- the, National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan, Climate Czar John F. “Lurch” Kerry, Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Governor Brian Kemp, Governor Ron DeSantis, Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, Georgia Politics, Antifa, Black Lives Matter, BLM Fecal Matter, Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin. National Security Administration, United States Navy, Afghanistan, Prime Minister Scott Morrison, Australia, Czech Republic, Republic of China, Generalissimo Chiang Kai-Shek, Russia, Alexei Navalny, Vladimir Putin, People’s Republic of China, Japan, Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga, Ukraine, Israel, Iran, Iranian Nuclear Program, Iraq, JCPOA- the, COVID-19, Chi-Vi- the, The ‘VID, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, China Virus, China Virus Crisis, Yellow Fever 2019-2021, Communist China Condition, Kung Flu- The, Wuhan Waltz- The, BIG C-19- The, Wuhan Whoopie- The, COVID-19 Mandates, Pelosi Pox- The, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Hubei Hooey- The, Xi Jinping’s Bat Fu Yuk, Communist Killer Virus 2019-2021 and Onward, Chairman Xi’s Fever, Chairman Xi’s Gift to the World- the Chi-Vi, COVID-19- the Trump Whacker, COVID-19- the Hong Kong Democracy Movement Killer, Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine, Chi-Vi Vaccines, BIG PHARMA, BIG OIL, U.S. National Gasoline Prices, Global Petrol Prices, DOW Jones Industrial Average, S & P 500, NASDAQ, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper, Palladium, Rhodium, Aluminum, Neodymium, Precious and Rare Metals, Light Sweet Crude Oil, U.S. Monetary Conversions, U.S. National Debt, U.S. National Debt Clock, National Security Matters, Monetary Conversions of the Day, Bitcoin, Chinese Yuan, European Union Euros, Mexican Pesos, Russian Ruble, Haitian Gourde, Honduras Lempira, Malaysian Ringgit, Maldivian Rufiyaa, Mauritanian Ouguiya, California Gas Prices, Florida Gas Prices, Hawaii Gas Prices, Washington Gas Prices, Kansas Gas Prices, Global Petrol Prices, Ethiopian Petrol Price, Texas, Rasmussen Polling, Roman Catholic Church, St. Eusebius, Professional Boxing, Bruce Seldon aka the Atlantic City Express, Oliver “The Atomic Bull” McCall, Rick Danko, Chef Olaf Bologolo,
[i] This is the TRUE government of China, Nationalist China which is FREE China. Although these people inhabit Taiwan, the former island of Formosa, they are the true owners of mainland China, too, and the sooner they reclaim their birthright, the sooner the world will heal.
[ii] We look forward to sharing the music of this influential British band within the next five years. Colosseum was overlooked when we shared the group of interconnected bands in which, Humble Pie, was a part. Sorry for the oversight.
[iii] We promoted the music of the Jefferson Airplane beginning on Tuesday, 05-April-2011 through Sunday, 22-May-2011.
[iv] We promoted the music of the famed San Francisco, California, rock band, Moby Grape, on Monday, 09-April-2012 through Monday, 23-April-2012. We hope you will seek them out and add them to your collection.
[v] As always, our main source is “The Last Valley” by Martin Windrow, Da Capo Press, 2004.
[vi] We began promoting the music of both the Beatles and the band’s individual components on Friday, 04-November-2016 through Sunday, 11-June-2018. Besides the Beatles, we also promoted the music of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and George Harrison as well as the Traveling Wilburys.
[vii] We hope to share the music of the Paul Butterfield Blues Band as well as Al Kooper sometime in the next 10-15 years. We hope you will remain with us as loyal readers.
[viii] Not sure when we will begin celebrating the music of Joan Jett and the Blackhearts but when we do…you will be among the first to know.
[ix] As to when we will celebrate the life, times, and music of the late great Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble, we haven’t a clue so stay alert for the day we finally do.
[x] We doubt we will ever do the music of Green Day.
[xi] We hope to celebrate the music of Bill Withers one day. Please stay alert for when that day arrives. You will be glad you did.
[xii] We began promoting the music of the Velvet Underground starting on Tuesday, 18-March-2014 through Wednesday, 09-April-2014. At the time we promoted this famous New York City rock band, we failed to share the music of the man himself, Lou Reed. We hope to rectify that mistake when we return to promoting American bands again. Thank you for your patience.
[xviii] U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.
[xix] Here’s another shooting we will lay at the feet of Joe Biden- the shooting in Laplace, Louisiana, yesterday at a child’s birthday party. Six people were shot and injured there. Is it not amazing how many gun crimes are occurring with Joe Biden in the White House? By the time this POS is out of office (hopefully later this year), he will have set the record for mass shootings.
[xx] Bing seems to be covering numbers up for the Biden administration so here is where we have gone now: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[xxiii] We obtain our statistics for the coronavirus from: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[xxiv] Commodities – Oil, Silver and Gold Prices – CNN Business– see this site for daily commodity information.
[xxv] Commodities Prices – Spot – Futures (tradingeconomics.com) See this site for much of the economic information cobbled together at this blog.
[xxviii] Please see the following site for information on global gas prices: Gasoline prices around the world, 26-Apr-2021 | GlobalPetrolPrices.com
[xxix] U.S. National Debt Clock: Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.