TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
SPRING SESSION 2021
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 235
85. TODAY IN HISTORY—SATURDAY, MARCH 26, 2022:
Prince Jonah Kuhio Kalanianaole Day (Hawaii)
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor; U.S. Interior Secretary Julius A. Krug; U.S. Secretary of State Edmund Muskie; U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao; U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi; Aerosmith featuring Steven Tyler, Boston featuring Fran Sheehan, Dire Straits featuring Chris Whitten, Electric Light Orchestra featuring Richard Tandy, Genesis featuring John Mayhew, the Rolling Stones, Smashing Pumpkins featuring James Iha, the Supremes featuring Diana Ross, and Three Dog Night featuring Joe Schermie:
- 752 Wednesday: The 92nd Roman Catholic Pope Stephen II assumed his post as the Vicar of Christ on this date. He would guide his flock until April 26, 757.
- 1147 Wednesday: Jewish community in Cologne fast to commemorate anti-Jewish violence.
- 1668 Monday: The English take control of Bombay, India.
- 1780 Sunday: The British Gazette and Sunday Monitor underwent publication for the first time. It was the first Sunday newspaper in Great Britain.
- 1790 Friday: The U.S. Congress passes the Naturalization Act, which requires immigrants to be in the United States for two years before being considered for citizenship.
- 1799 Tuesday: The army of Napoleon Bonaparte captures the city of Jaffa in Palestine.
- 1804 Monday: The U.S. Congress calls for the removal of all Native Americans east of the Mississippi to the Louisiana Territory. This means the so-called “Five Civilized Tribes”- the Creek, the Cherokee, the Choctaw, the Chickasaw, and the Seminole- were going to be stripped of their property and sent west.
- 1812 Thursday: According to the U.S. Geological Survey, a massive earthquake hammered Caracas, Venezuela, on this date, killing at least 26,000 people.
- 1827 Monday: Composer Ludwig van Beethoven[i] died in Vienna on this date.
- 1830 Friday: The Book of Mormon undergoes publication in Palmyra, New York.
- 1859 Saturday: The first reported sighting of the planet Vulcan thought to orbit inside the orbit of Mercury.
- 1863 Thursday: Voters in West Virginia approve gradual emancipation of slaves.
- 1872 Tuesday: Thomas J. Martin patents the fire extinguisher.
- 1885 Thursday: Eastman Film Co. manufactures the first commercial motion picture film and does so in Rochester, N.Y.
- 1898 Saturday: South Africa established the first game reserve in the world—the Sabi Game reserve.
- 1910 Saturday: The United States forbids immigration into the country if the potential immigrants are criminals, anarchists, paupers and the ill.
- 1913 Wednesday: The Bulgarian army captures Adrianople, ending the First Balkan War.
- 1917 Monday: In the First World War, the British army beats the Ottoman Turkish army in a battle in Gaza. Elsewhere, the Seattle Metropolitans of the Pacific Coast League of Canada defeated the Montreal Canadiens by a score of 9-1 and became the first U.S. hockey team to win the Stanley Cup.
- 1930 Wednesday: Future first female Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, appointed by President Ronald Reagan, is born in El Paso, Texas, on this date. She served on the high court from 09-25-1981 to 01-31-2006.
- 1931 Thursday: New Delhi replaces Calcutta as the capital of British India. Meanwhile, Iraq and Trans-Jordan sign a treaty of peace.
- 1934 Monday: Britain enacted a Road Traffic Act imposing a 30-mph speed limit in “built-up areas” and which required driving tests for all drivers.
- 1937 Friday: William H. Hastie becomes the first black federal judge; the post is in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Elsewhere, spinach growers in Crystal City, Texas, erected a statue of Popeye.
- 1938 Saturday: Herman Goering warned all Jews to leave Austria. If they didn’t, the Gestapo would ‘help them.’
- 1940 Tuesday: British forces continue arriving in France to support their French allies in the buildup to the German invasion of France in late spring, early summer. German and Allied forces fire artillery barrages back and forth at one another but other than that, things are relatively quiet.
- 1940 Tuesday A: In Baltimore, Maryland, future U.S. Congresswoman and Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, is born on this date. She would be the 52nd person to hold the gavel and the first female speaker in U.S. history. A Democrat, she would represent California’s 12th congressional district. (Speaker January 04, 2007, 55th speaker (110th to 111th Congress) to January 03, 2011, and again January 03, 2019, (116th to 117th Congress) to the present.
- 1941 Wednesday: Italian forces in Eritrea in East Africa continue struggling against overwhelming British and Indian forces and their commanding officer, General Luigi Frusci, continues calling for support from the Duke of Aosta- Prince Amedeo- in Addis Abba for whatever supplies and reinforcements can have sent him. The situation in Eritrea is coming to a head soon as British and Commonwealth troops from India and South Africa continue forcing what remains of a once proud Italian army into a death trap at Kerren.
- 1942 Thursday: The Afrika Korps under the Desert Fox, Erwin Rommel, launch a major offensive against the British. Meanwhile, the Nazis commence sending Jews to Auschwitz in Poland. Elsewhere, in London, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill quips with America’s entry into the Second World War that the Allies cannot lose unless they themselves blow it.
- 1943 Friday: Elsie S. Ott becomes the first woman in the Army Air Force to win a medal. Elsewhere, in North Africa, the Fifth Panzer Army- part of the Afrika Korps launches a counteroffensive against British forces in Tunisia, begins making some headway and then sputters to an end within a couple of days. Many tanks are destroyed, armored vehicles that can no longer be replaced, and yet the Germans and few remaining Fascist Italians continue the fight. A year earlier, it seemed as though victory was in grasp.
- 1944 Sunday: 705 RAF bombers attack Berlin, the capital of Nazi Germany. Elsewhere, as Field Marshal Erich von Manstein returns to his command in the Ukraine to begin the breakout of the First Panzer Army, Marshal Ivan Konev’s Second Ukrainian Front arrived at the Romanian border along the River Prut. Many of the Romanian troops stationed there to defend their country from the Red Army were losing the will to fight. Hitler relieved Field Marshals Ewald Von Kleist and Erich Von Manstein after having awarded them the swords to their Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross. He needed brutal men willing to drive their troops to the end of their ropes and beyond and so had Field Marshal Walter Model and Colonel General Ferdinand Schörner ready to enter the fray and conduct operations as their Fuhrer demanded.[ii]
- 1944 Sunday A: Future Motown legend, Diana Ross of the Supremes, is born on this date.
- 1945 Monday: Japanese resistance ends on Iwo Jima following a final banzai charge. The battle claimed the lives of 6,000 Americans and 18,000 Japanese soldiers. Elsewhere, in the Aleutian Islands campaign, the Battle of Komandorski began when the Japanese attempted to reinforce a garrison at Kiska and found themselves intercepted by a U.S. Naval force. Meanwhile, the U.S. 7th Army crosses the Rhine River at Worms.
- 1946 Tuesday: In the United States, President Harry S. Truman issues Executive Order 9708, the first time a directive such as this one has ever been issued within the country. The order defines the diseases that will permit the federal government to lockdown parts or all of the country due to pandemics, especially like the Spanish Flu of 1918-1919.
- 1948 Friday: Steven Tyler—future vocalist and musician with the American rock band, Aerosmith[iii]—is born in Manhattan, N.Y., on this date. Meanwhile, in Britain, Richard Tandy—future multi-instrumentalist with the UK rock band, Electric Light Orchestra[iv] 1972-1986—is born in Birmingham, England, on this date.
- 1949 Saturday: Future bassist/backup vocalist with the East Coast rock band, Boston[v]—Fran Sheehan—is born on this date in Boston, Massachusetts.
- 1951 Monday: The United States Air Force approved its new flag—the flag included the coat of arms, 13 white stars and the Air Force seal on a blue background
- 1953 Thursday: Dr. Jonas Salk announces a vaccine for polio. Elsewhere, future 18th U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao is born in Taipei, Taiwan, on this date. A RINO Republican, she served under President Donald J. Trump from January 31, 2017, to January 11, 2021.
- 1954 Friday: In the Battle for Dien Bien Phu, French forces forged north out of the main base towards Anne-Marie 3 and Huguette 6 in an effort to take out People’s Army antiaircraft batteries making life hell for incoming and outgoing supply and medical evacuations aircraft. Even though the communists still try to disrupt the actual airstrip itself, the French continue taking the fight to them every day what with a change in leadership responsibilities. Lt. Colonel “Gars Pierre” Langlais is determined that the French dominate the fight against the communists.[vi]
- 1958 Wednesday: The U.S. Army launches America’s third successful satellite, Explorer 3.
- 1959 Thursday: Future drummer with the rock band, Dire Straits[vii]—Chris Whitten—is born on this date in Blackpool, Lancashire, England.
- 1962 Monday: The United States Supreme Court (SCOTUS), in Baker v. Carr, supported the one-person-one-vote apportionment of seats in state legislatures.
- 1964 Thursday: “Funny Girl” opens at Winter Garden Theater in New York City for 1,348 performances.
- 1967 Sunday: Pope Paul VI issued an encyclical, “Populorum Progressio,” on “the progressive development of peoples,” in which he expressed concern for those trying to escape hunger, poverty, endemic disease and ignorance.”
- 1968 Tuesday: Future member of the psychedelic ‘new wave’ band, Smashing Pumpkins- James Iha (guitars/vocals)- is born in Chicago, Illinois, on this date.
- 1970 Thursday: In Knoxville, Tennessee, the former 33rd U.S. Interior Secretary Julius A. Krug died at age 70. A Democrat, Secretary Krug served under President Harry S. Truman from March 18, 1946, to December 01, 1949.
- 1971 Friday: Sheikh Mujibur Rahman declares the new nation of Bangladesh (formerly East Pakistan) independent from Pakistan. Allahu akbar!
- 1972 Sunday: The Los Angeles Lakers broke an NBA record by winning 69 games in an 82-game season: 69-13.
- 1973 Monday: For the first time in the history of the London Stock Exchange, the executives permitted women to be on its floor.
- 1974 Tuesday: The Romanian communist party names Ceausescu president of Romanian. Elsewhere, in Caracas, Venezuela, at the 2:00 minute mark in the second round of their 15-round heavyweight title fight, “Big George” Foreman scores a TKO over Ken Norton to retain the WBA, WBC, and The Ring magazine boxing titles. Foreman’s record went to 40-0 with the win while Norton’s record went to 30-3.
- 1979 Monday: Menachem Begin and Anwar Sadat sign peace treaty in Washington D.C.
- 1980 Wednesday: Bombay gets its 1st rock concert in 10 years (The Police).
- 1981 Thursday: Police and Albanian protesters clash in Kosovo, Yugoslavia.
- 1982 Friday: Groundbreaking in Washington, D.C., for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial commences on this date.
- 1987 Thursday: In Fayetteville, Arkansas, Randall “Tex” Cobb scores a 1st Round KO of his opponent, Stan Johnson, to put his heavyweight boxing record to 27-7.
- 1989 Sunday: Capping the first free elections in the Soviet Union, Boris Yeltsin becomes president.
- 1992 Thursday: In Indianapolis, a jury finds heavyweight-boxing champion Mike Tyson guilty of rape and sentenced him to a six-year stint; however, he served only three years.
- 1995 Sunday: Seven of the 15 European Union states abolished border controls and look at them now: overrun with militant Islamists.
- 1996 Tuesday: In Washington, D.C., the 58th U.S. Secretary of State Edmund Muskie died. He served under President Jimmy Carter from May 08, 1980, to January 20, 1981.
- 1997 Wednesday: In San Diego, California, at the Heaven’s Gate compound, authorities discover thirty-nine bodies who committed mass ritual suicide believing it would join them with space aliens who would be accompanying the Hale-Bopp comet.
- 1998 Thursday: The U.S. federal government endorsed a new HIV test that yields immediate results. Elsewhere, Unisys Corp. and Lockheed Martin Corp/ pay a $3.15 million fine for selling spare parts at inflated prices to the U.S. federal government.
- 1999 Friday: A jury in Michigan finds Dr. Jack Kevorkian guilty of second-degree murder for administering a lethal injection to a terminally ill man who requested him to do so.
- 2000 Sunday: In Russia, acting President Vladimir Putin won the presidential election outright. To avoid a run-off election, the future dictator won sufficient number of votes to prevent that from occurring.
- 2002 Tuesday: Joe Schermie who played bass with the American rock band, Three Dog Night[viii] 1968-73, dropped dead from a heart attack on this date in Los Angeles, California; he was 56.
- 2005 Saturday: In Taipei, Taiwan, the government calls for one million of its citizens to take to the streets in protest of Beijing’s Anti-Secession Law. Between 200,000-300,000 patriotic citizens answer the call.
- 2007 Monday: The U.S. Postal Service unveiled the design for the “Forever Stamp.”
- 2009 Thursday: John Mayhew—third drummer with the British band, Genesis[ix], 1969—died from a heart condition in Glasgow, Scotland, on this date; he was age 61.
- 2010 Friday: Iran calls upon Muslims around the world to act in protest in response to Israel’s plans to build in East Jerusalem.
- 2011 Saturday: In Boston, Massachusetts, former Congresswoman Geraldine Ferraro died at age 75. She represented the 9th district of New York and in 1984 became the first woman nominated to be vice president on a major ticket: the Walter Mondale-Geraldine Ferraro ticket representing the Democratic Party. They lost to Reagan-Bush.
- 2012 Monday: London-based Tullow Oil discovers oil in Kenya.
- 2013 Tuesday: Days after a new U.S.-South Korea military pact, North Korea issues new threats to strike targets in Hawaii, Guam, South Korea, and the U.S. mainland. Meanwhile, the United Nations is preparing to move half its staff out of Syria as the civil war continues to metastasize and spread throughout the country threatening their facilities and people.
- 2014 Wednesday: Astronomers discover a second dwarf planet between the Oort cloud and the Kuiper belt, an area previously considered a no-man’s land; the planet, 2012 VP-113, measures about 280 miles across; the first, Sedna, about 600 miles across, was discovered in 2003.
- 2015 Thursday: In protest of U.S. airstrikes authorized by President Obama in the Iraqi city of Tikrit, Shiite militia forces boycott the fight against ISIS believing that the United States will take credit for the work they have done. Meanwhile, Great Britain reburies the remains of King Richard III (1452-1485) at Leicester Cathedral after discovering them under a carpark in that city back in 2012.
- 2016 Saturday: Democratic-Socialist (Marxist) presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders wins the primaries of Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska on this date. Meanwhile, in another amazing ‘first’ for the Rolling Stones[x]– after being banned for more than 50 years from playing in the socialist ‘paradise’ of Cuba, the Stones arrive on scene and play a massive open-air concert in Havana. There is a superb concert film of this show which everyone should see.
- 2017 Sunday: In the great ‘free democracy of Russia,’ anti-corruption protests around the country lead to the arrest of hundreds along with opposition leader Alexei Navalny. Meanwhile, the people of Chile take to the streets in protests over the nation’s privatized pension system. Meanwhile, in Cincinnati, Ohio, at the Cameo Nightclub, a scumbag with a gun shoots one person dead and wounds 16 others before the cops could arrive on scene. They would be pounding the pavement seeking the multiple shooters.
- 2018 Monday: The United States, the Ukraine, and the European Union expel more than 100 Russian diplomats over the use of nerve agents to assassinate former Russian intel agent and his daughter in a public park. Did it do any good? NO, Putin is still the same pig he always has been. Meanwhile, U.S. auto manufacturer Ford and Chinese e-commerce giant, Alibaba, unveil a new car-vending machine in the Chinese city of Guangzhou which rids the process of car-buying of salespeople. Meanwhile, porn queen Stormy Daniels alleges in an interview on 60 Minutes with her attorney, Michael Avenatti, at her side that she had an affair with Donald J. Trump and that Trump’s ‘people’ (lawyer Michael Cohen) threatened the pitiful thing to be quiet. This was later disproven, and the actress is paying Trump money she owes him via a lawsuit while Avenatti is going to federal prison. Finally, a U.S. Army soldier receives the first transplant of a penis and scrotum at John Hopkins University in Maryland.
- 2019 Tuesday: For now, charges of facing a FAKE HATE CRIME against Empire actor Jussie Smollett are dropped only to be reinstated months later when the prosecutor is shown to be compromised. Meanwhile, the first known transplant of a kidney from a live HIV donor and an HIV recipient occurs at a university in Boston, Massachusetts. Elsewhere, BIG PHARMA giant Purdue Pharma reaches a settlement with the state of Oklahoma in the lawsuit regarding the opioid epidemic and its part in it: they agree to pay a settlement of $270 million.
- 2020 Thursday: As of this publication time, COVID-19 Wuhan Virus statistics acknowledge 491,623 cases globally what with 22,169 deaths. In the United States, there are 69,210 confirmed cases as well as 1,046 deaths. Meanwhile, for the week of 03-15 to 03-21-2020, unemployment claims rose to 3.28 million. As for the COVID-19 Relief Bill, right now, it clocks in at $2.2 trillion. Still, the Democrats are not happy.
- 2021 Friday: JOE BIDEN NEWS– Those of us who sat mouths agape yesterday watching Joe Biden stumble through his first press conference in 65 days were even more shocked today when what everyone knew to be true was proven true by photos. The discombobulated Biden was using a binder full of cheat sheets and crib notes and his list of reporters featured their names and photos of their faces and still he f**ked up calling them by the wrong names. Most Americans are appalled enough already knowing that this fuddled old fool STOLE the 2020 Presidential Election but are even more so now that a majority of Americans realize we have a vegetable in the White House. WTF is happening to our country. Next, the White House says that Joe Biden is going to beef up gun control measures by scrawling his chicken scratch on more executive orders. F**k you, Joe, NO one is taking our guns.
- 2021 Friday A: “RACIST! NEWS”/WHAT’S RACIST TODAY– Oakland, California Mayor and crackpot political hack Libby Schaaf backs an income supplement program that will help disadvantaged black folks but won’t help equally disadvantaged white folks living in that corrupt East Bay city. Wow. Next, a Minnesota-based dinner theater scraps a presentation of “Cinderella” because the cast was ‘too white.’ Meanwhile, black leaders zero in on Democrat holdouts in the U.S. Senate who do not want to toss the filibuster onto the heap. Thus, they are going to accuse them of being racists 24/7/365 with the Reverend Al Sharpton at the head of the pack of accusers.[xi] What a bunch of crap. Elsewhere, the top editor at the Journal of the American Medical Association, aka JAMA- Howard Bauchner- found himself sidelined over a tweet and podcast he made in which he said: “No physician is racist, so how can there be structural racism in health care?” Not good, Dr. B., black doctors became angry and out you go. Get with it man!
- 2021 Friday B: LIBERAL STUPIDITY– Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascon- a George Soros appointee- is not going to try 20-year-old murderous thug Jalen Yoakum as an adult. This means the POS will be back on the streets in five years. When is L.A. County going to remove this worthless scumbag? Meanwhile, the state of Oregon is going to go after concealed carry permits via a new direction by creating a patchwork of gun-free zones all over the place making it difficult for gun owners to carry their lawfully-owned firearms and avoid felonies. Thugs, of course, will still be packing. No wonder eastern Oregon wants to break off from the lunatics in the western portion. Elsewhere, Dems in the Peach State are going berserk over Governor Brian Kemp signing the new voting rights bill. Massachusetts phony Native American Senator Lizzie “Borden” Warren tweeted that ‘the man sitting in Stacey Abrams chair (good one, Lizzie, good one) is taking the state back to JIM CROW!”[xii] In fact, a state black lawmaker, Park Cannon, was arrested for banging on the governor’s door after the cops told her to stop knocking. Stupid skank.[xiii] Finally, the White House says, ‘Joe Biden’ is worried about the Georgia voting rights law.[xiv]
- 2021 Friday C: BIDEN BORDER CATASTROPHE– Congressman Burgess Owens, R-UT 4th congressional district, says that ‘Joe Biden owes border officials a big apology for creating the massive tsunami surge of illegal aliens flooding across our border.’ Meanwhile, as GOP lawmakers visit the overwhelmed southern border, Senator Mike Lee, R-OR, said that across the Rio Grande River, smugglers, gangbangers, and cartel trash were taunting them.[xv] Elsewhere, the GOP is demanding that the news media be allowed to film along the southern border so the nation can see what the heck is going on down there with illegal aliens as thick as cockroaches in a Tijuana backstreet whore house rushing across it. Time to do some pest control, folks. Finally, it would appear that every sitting GOP U.S. senator is down at the border today blasting the inept Joe Biden administration.
- 2021 Friday D: JOE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION NEWS– thanks to Joe Biden’s incredibly stupid policies on energy production and usage, the U.S. is back to importing oil, much of which is Russian oil, and our guy has the nerve to call Putin a “Killer.” WTF? Meanwhile, former Ohio treasurer and candidate for Senator Rob Portman’s seat when he steps down at the end of his term said that ‘Joe Biden isn’t all there.’ Go figure. Next, Joe Biden may invite Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping to a virtual climate summit. Wow. Amazing, Joe, simply amazing.
- 2021 Friday E: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS I– USC reaches a settlement of $852 million following it acknowledging that a former campus gynecologist Dr. George Tyndall- charged with five counts of sexual abuse- abused hundreds of female students while employed at the University of Southern California. The crimes allegedly occurred between 2011 and 2015. Wow. Lock him up. Meanwhile, Senator Bernie Sanders, DS-VT, and rapper Killer Mike are meeting with folks in Bessemer, Alabama, the site of a big battle to unionize. Liberal icon Amazon is doing battle with its workers seeking to unionize the plant to seek better wages and even better treatment. Amazon will probably move the plant to Puerto Rico. Be careful.
- 2021 Friday F: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS II– Governor Asa Hutchinson, R-AR, signs a bill ending trannys from participating in girls and women’s sports. Excellent. As we have repeatedly said, IF trannys are so determined to compete in sports, it’s far easier to create a third category of sports as well as separate locker rooms. Let them have at it and we suspect that tranny sports would have far more fans than either girls/women’s or boys/men’s sports. It’s like roller derby, everyone loves watching the women more so than men so how about creating a third category of competitive sports, you know, for the mentally ill- oh, wait, did we just say that? Sorry. Elsewhere, Dominion Voting Systems, the ALLEGEDLY CORRUPT ORGANIZATION THAT STEALS ELECTIONS FOR THE HIGHEST BIDDER- is slapping Fox News Channel with a $1.6 billion lawsuit alleging FNC slandered their fine, fine company. Sounds like deflection to us or at least so says our attorneys.
- 2021 Friday G: FOREIGN/OVERSEAS NEWS– Since Kim Jong Un and North Korea have become belligerent again what with Joe Biden talking s**t about them, elements of the 1st Armored Division are deploying to South Korea. Next, the People’s Republic of China, aka the Chi-Coms, have slapped reciprocal sanctions onto the European Union for having slapped human rights sanctions on them. Elsewhere, the container ship beached in the Suez Canal threatens to be there for several months blocking passage through the incredibly important waterway. This, of course, will lead to higher energy prices as well as drive up the cost of goods around the world. Glenn Beck raised the specter as to whether someone hacked into the controls of the ship and caused it to run aground. We thought this was possible after two U.S. Navy ships collided with commercial freighters back in 2017. Two guided-missile destroyers, the USS Fitzgerald and the USS John S. McCain ran into other ships back in June and August of that year for which there was no real explanation. Could it be the Chi-Coms, the Russians, or some other nefarious unseen actor is able to cause such mishaps? Sure, seems possible to us…
- 2021 Friday H: MEDICAL NEWS– Former Centers for Disease Control- the CDC- Director Robert Redfield says that the ‘COVID-19 bat flu virus did indeed escape from the Wuhan Institute of Virology.’ The question is, was it a purposeful release? Meanwhile, Dr. Scott Atlas said to Glenn Beck today that ‘science and expertise have become compromised, politicized, and that the demand for social distancing of six-feet or more (or less) is based on pseudo-science.’ God bless you. Next, the U.S. pulls over 95-percent of its stockpiled PPE gowns over safety issues. Must be the crap manufactured in communist China. Moving on, the cities of Boston, Newark, and Norfolk will become mega-vaccination sites on the East Coast. Elsewhere, Bill Gates says ‘life will probably be back to normal by 2022.’ Bill- STFU. Finally, the European Union is peeved with its vaccine suppliers as the demand far outpaces the production. Are you dummies using the Russian Sputnik vaccine? Serves you right, dimwits.
- 2021 Friday I: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS III– President Donald J. Trump said today that during the Antifa/Black Lives Matter FALSE FLAG OPERATION launched against Capitol Hill on January 06, 2021, lawmakers were in ‘ZERO DANGER.’ We concur, it was set up from the start. Speaking of President Trump, he will also remain neutral in the Alabama race for the U.S. Senate seat, and, according to Jason Miller, President Trump may visit the southern border soon. Next, Congressman Byron Donalds, R-FL 19th congressional district, says that ‘Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi thinks she can remove anyone from office.’ Elsewhere, New York’s junior Senator Kirsten “Whitey” Gillibrand defends her call for Governor Andrew “Killer” Cuomo to resign as being her personal opinion. (The Lov Gov must have called her up and threatened her). Meanwhile, Speaker “Mumbles” Pelosi has authorized several House committees to conduct intensive investigations into rooting out the scurrilous scumbags behind the Capitol Hill Riots of January 06, 2021, riots the Democrats set in motion. She is angry NO Republicans will join her in yet another witch hunt.
- 2021 Friday J: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS IV– U.S. Cybercommand says that recent hacks by foreign actors are a ‘clarion call’ to arms. You go. Meanwhile, Parler says it informed the FBI of numerous threats made on its site prior to the Capitol Hill Riots of January 06, 2021. Next, Governor Ron DeSantis, R-FL, is calling for an end to the lockdown on the cruise ship industry. Cruise ships must get back to work. NOW. Next, “Lonesome Dove” (and other books) author Larry McMurtry is dead at the age of 84. God bless you, Larry! Moving on, the Michigan GOP plans to bypass a weakened Governor Gretchen “Bride of Frankenstein” Whitmer, Democratic-Socialist, and fix the voting laws in their state. Finally, Congressman James Comer, R-KY 1st congressional district, says ‘Congress holding BIG TECH accountable is going to be a challenge.’
- 2021 Friday K: COVID-19 STATISTICS FOR THE PLANET AS A WHOLE: 124,683,860 confirmed cases, +579,564, 2,742,357 confirmed deaths, +9,863, and 70,731,503 confirmed recoveries, +338,716 (SAME AS YESTERDAY’S NUMBERS!). Next, here are the stats for the United States: 30,223,587 confirmed cases, up 61,840 from yesterday’s reporting, 550,726 confirmed deaths, UP 1,315, (SAME AS YESTERDAY’S NUMBERS!) and 117,827,913 confirmed recoveries. Note- we are going to do our own estimates of recoveries based on percentages seeing as how the CDC won’t report them.
- 2021 Friday L: NOTE: SINCE JOE BIDEN BECAME PRESIDENT ON JANUARY 20, 2021, THERE HAVE BEEN 222,259 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States– feeble old Joe, in another three weeks, you will have tied the total number witnessed by the Trump administration in nearly a year of the rampaging coronavirus pandemic.
- : COVID-19 STATISTICS in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 3,648,021 confirmed cases (same as yesterday’s count), 57,909 confirmed deaths (same as yesterday’s), and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 28,950 confirmed cases, 454 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s count). Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 359,290 confirmed cases, 5,249 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s). Let us look at one other portion of the U.S., the third highest state after California- Florida: currently, they have 2,016,505 confirmed cases, 32,819 confirmed deaths, but sadly, NO mention of confirmed recoveries. Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 829,689 confirmed cases, 6,122 confirmed deaths, and 808,869 confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s count). Let’s look at one other country- Hungary, former Axis ally: 586,123 cases of the virus, 18,703 confirmed deaths and 378,176 confirmed recoveries.[xvi]
- 2021 Friday N: STOCK MARKET CLOSES/PRECIOUS AND RARE METALS: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 33,072.88, UP 453.40 points (+1.39%). Next, the NASDAQ: 13,138.73, UP 161.04 points (+1.24%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 3,974.54, UP 65.02 points (+1.66%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $60.72 per barrel, -0.25 (-0.21%). The price of GOLD is $1,731.60 per troy oz., -0.70 (-0.04%) while the price of SILVER is $25.11 per troy ounce, 0.00 (-0.02%). The price of PLATINUM is $1,191.10 per troy oz, +13.20 (+1.12%) while the price of COPPER is $4.08 per pound, +0.01 (+0.28%).[xvii] The price of PALLADIUM is $2,677.50 per troy oz, +52.00 (+1.98%).[xviii] The price of RHODIUM is $28,200.00 per troy oz., -900.00 (-3.09%).[xix] Currently, one-dollar U.S. = 6.54 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.85 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 20.58. As for Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000018. In Belize dollars, one greenback equals 2.00.[xx]
- 2021 Friday O: U.S. NATIONAL DEBT AND GASOLINE PRICES IN THE THREE STATES IN WHICH WE HAVE CHEF-AUTHORS– Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising by the day- in California, gasoline prices have risen to over $3.889 per gallon, $3.635 in Hawaii, and $3.323 in Washington state.[xxi] Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $28,097,328,683,045 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but flipping TRILLIONS.[xxii] Cloward and Piven running amok.
- 2021 Friday P: NASA/SCIENCE NEWS– NASA reports that the humongous asteroid named Apophis originally thought to maybe impact the Earth sometime in 2068 now won’t come near enough to the Earth to wreak havoc on the planet for at least another century. This bad boy from the cosmos is the size of the Empire State Building and is slated to pass within 20,000 miles of the Earth on Friday, April 13, 2029. Astronomers point out that the moon is 238,000 miles away from our planet so this substantial chunk of rock is going to pass by us at an extremely close distance which astronomers are all excited about as it will provide them ample opportunity to get some good photos of it. Let’s hope another chunk of space debris doesn’t slam into it, deflect it, and send it crashing down on our planet (unless it decides to hit communist China, Russia, or Iran first before creating a massive extinction event the likes of which ended the reign of the dinosaurs). Italian astronomer Claudio Maccone says the best protection against space-based threats such as asteroids is space-based missiles with which to blow them up when they are a good distance from the planet rather than immediately threatening it.
- 2021 Friday Q: LATE NEWS I– Beloved children’s author Beverly Cleary died at the age of 104 today. Meanwhile, rabid, foaming at the mouth liberals are suing Georgia’s elections officials over the new voting laws someone in the White House calls the ‘new Jim Crow of the 21st century.’ Yikes. That hurts. Elsewhere, the FREE nation of Taiwan, aka the Republic of China or Nationalist China, reported today that 20 Chi-Com warplanes penetrated its airspace today which led to rapid scrambling of attack planes and targeted missiles which drove the communist invaders back out to sea. Light ‘em up, Taiwan, light those SOBs up! Speaking of the Chi-Coms, them and the Russians are drawing closer together in an effort to intimidate the United States. What else is new? Former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger warns that the constant ‘U.S.-China contest risks catastrophic conflict.’
- 2021 Friday R: LOTTERY NEWS– Stay tuned for tonight’s Mega Millions Draw #1645 with a jackpot of $137 million on the line. Get your tickets purchased by 7:45 P.M. tonight. Here are the results: 04, 25, 37, 46, 67, and Mega 15. Out of 69,400 winning tickets, the highest winner was ONE person who had FOUR numbers plus the Mega for a prize of $18,502.
- 2022 Saturday: Thank God, it’s Saturday. We hope things remain peaceful…
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0781 an 8” x 10” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Palo Verde Falls.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day.
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Robbie Robertson’s next solo album came out on March 10, 1998, and is somewhat unique among his growing discography of music. The famed guitarist of the Band jumped into a celebrated effort in which, he tried to bring the music of the First Peoples of Canada, aka aboriginals, to a wider audience, sort of what Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones did when he presented his ground-breaking effort, “Pipes of Pan at Joujouka,” an album that came out in 1971. In that effort, Jones presented the whirling music of North African flute players and drummers whereas here, Robertson brings together large numbers of musicians to play his visionary intermingling of native rhythms with modern musical forms. We hope you will seek this one out, consider making it a part of your daily listening pleasure, and then sharing it with others. We think they will be as appreciative of it as will you. Enjoy.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 03-26-2022, all rights reserved. (Editor’s Note: we pay the estate of Beverly Carrick an annual fee by which, we can show her paintings to the world. We make NO money from the estate’s sales of her world-famous artworks). Total Word Count: 6,349. Chef James “Jimmy” Hall.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Beverly Carrick Fiery Sunset Desert Landscapes, Just the Facts, Unvarnished Truth- The, Classical Composers, Ludwig van Beethoven, Steven Tyler, Aerosmith, Richard Tandy, Electric Light Orchestra, Joe Schermie, Rolling Stones- the, Three Dog Night, John Mayhew, Genesis, Dire Straits, Chris Whitten, Boston, Fran Sheehan, Smashing Pumpkins, James Iha, The Supremes, Diana Ross, Dr. Jonas Salk, Polio, WOKE Stupidity, Journal of the American Medical Association, JAMA, Dr. Howard Bauchner, “Cinderella”, Senate Filibuster Rule, Race Hatred, Bigotry & Prejudice, Race Stupidity, Jalen Yoakum, Gun Control Laws, University of Southern California, Amazon Union Fight, AFL-CIO News, Dominion Voting Systems, Smartmatic Election Theft Software, 2020 Presidential Election, 2020 Elections, Fox News Channel, Fossil Fuel and Energy Production, U.S. 1st Armored Division, USS Fitzgerald 2017 Mishap, USS John S. McCain 2017 Mishap, Suez Canal Disaster 2021, Dr. Scott Atlas, Glenn Beck, President Ronald Reagan, President Donald J. Trump, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao, Congressman Byron Donalds, Congressman James Comer, Governor Ron DeSantis, U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, Governor Asa Hutchinson, Governor Brian Kemp, President Harry S. Truman, President Jimmy Carter, Vice President Walter Mondale, U.S. Interior Secretary Julius A. Krug, U.S. Secretary of State Edmund Muskie, U.S. House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi, Senator Bernie Sanders, Senator Kirsten “Whitey” Gillibrand, Senator Lizzie “Borden” Warren, Congresswoman Geraldine Ferraro, Governor Andrew “Killer” Cuomo aka the Love Gov, Governor Gretchen “Bride of Frankenstein” Whitmer, Stacey Abrams, Jim Crow, “Dems should know about Jim Crow”, LIBERAL STUPIDITY, BIDEN ADMINISTRATION NEWS, Reverend Al Sharpton, Mayor Libby Schaaf, Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascon, George Soros, Dr. Robert Redfield, JOE BIDEN NEWS, Joe Biden, Racism, Biden Administration Energy Policies, Capitol Hill Riots 01-06-2021, Antifa, Black Lives Matter, False Flag Operations, Storming Capitol Hill 01-06-2021, Michael Avenatti, Michael Cohen, Stormy Daniels, Jussie Smollett, Killer Mike, Tranny Sports, Trannys, Transgenderism, Chicks with Dicks, FREE China, Nationalist China, Republic of China, Taiwan, Russian Sputnik Vaccine, Russia, Russian Oil Imports, Vladimir Putin, South Korea, North Korea, Kim Jong Un, European Union, Xi Jinping, Chi-Coms- the, Chi-Com Uighur Muslim Persecution, Climate Change, Global Warming, Extreme Weather, Green Fascism, Arkansas Politics, Georgia Politics, Michigan Politics, Oregon, BIG TECH, BIG TECH ACCOUNTABILITY, Parler, Twitter, Centers for Disease Control, COVID-19 Vaccines, COVID-19, COVID-19 U.S. and Global Statistics Daily, China Virus, Chinese Virus, Chinese Virus Crisis, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, Xi Jinping Bat Flu, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Chinese Lab-engineered Pandemic, Chinese 2020 Election Year Pandemic, Yellow Fever 2020, Chi-Com Virus, Communist China Germ Warfare Programs, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Panda Pandemic 2020-2021, Chi-Vi- the, Chi-Com Virus, COVID-19, Chi-Vi- the, The ‘VID, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, China Virus, China Virus Crisis, Yellow Fever 2019-2021, Communist China Condition, Kung Flu- The, Wuhan Waltz- The, BIG C-19- The, Wuhan Whoopie- The, COVID-19 Mandates, Pelosi Pox- The, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Hubei Hooey- The, Xi Jinping’s Bat Fu Yuk, Communist Killer Virus 2019-2021 and Onward, Chairman Xi’s Fever, Chairman Xi’s Gift to the World- the Chi-Vi, COVID-19- the Trump Whacker, COVID-19- the Hong Kong Democracy Movement Killer, U.S. National Gasoline Prices, Global Petrol Prices, DOW Jones Industrial Average, S & P 500, NASDAQ, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper, Palladium, Rhodium, Aluminum, Neodymium, Precious and Rare Metals, Light Sweet Crude Oil, U.S. Monetary Conversions, U.S. National Debt, U.S. National Debt Clock, National Security Matters, Monetary Conversions of the Day, Bitcoin, Chinese Yuan, European Union Euros, Mexican Pesos, Belize Dollar, Gasoline Prices, Roman Catholic Church, Pope Paul VI, NASA, Apophis, Beverly Cleary, Baker v. Carr 1962, Italian East Africa Campaign World War II, Battle of Dien Bien Phu, Roman Catholic Church, Pope Stephen II, Professional Boxing, “Big George” Foreman, Ken Norton, Randall “Tex” Cobb, California Lottery Results, Mega Millions, Mega Millions Draw #1645, Robbie Robertson, Chef James “Jimmy” Hall,
[i] We look forward to doing our favorite classical composers one day. Hopefully within the next 30 years.
[ii] See “The Soviet Juggernaut” by Earl F. Ziemke and the Editors of Time-Life Books (1980).
[iii] We look forward to promoting the music of Aerosmith one day. We hope within the next 8-10 years. Remain vigilant.
[iv] We look forward to doing the Clash but expect to do Supertramp first, then Pink Floyd, then Electric Light Orchestra/the Move, then Yes, and then perhaps the Clash. They are among the amazing British rock bands of the 1970s and deserve to be acknowledged as such.
[v] Not sure when we will begin promoting the music of Boston but when we do, we will alert the readership. Stay tuned for further developments.
[vi] Our main reference for the epic battle at Dien Bien Phu is “The Last Valley” by Martin Windrow, 2004, Da Capo Press. Please seek this amazing historical work out for a concise look at the battle that ended French control of French Indochina and the birth of Vietnam.
[vii] We hope to offer the music of Dire Straits sometime in 2021-2022. Please stay tuned.
[viii] Not sure when we will get around to doing the music of Three Dog Night but if we ever return to promoting the music of famed rock bands from the 1960s and the 1970s, we sure as heck will include this stellar band, one that is still performing to this day. We saw them in 2019 and all we can say is “Wow.”
[ix] We promoted the music of Genesis and its members beginning on Tuesday, 02-April-2019 through Sunday, 15-September-2019. This included not only the parent group but also Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford, Mike + the Mechanics, and Phil Collins. Please, look for them.
[x] We shared the music of the Stones beginning Tuesday, 22-March-2016 through Sunday, 28-August-2016. This included the members’ solo projects. We sure as heck hope you check out the Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger, Brian Jones, Keith Richard, Charlie Watts, Bill Wyman, and Mick Taylor. Ronnie Wood you can find during the presentation of the Faces.
[xi] The Reverend Al never misses out on an opportunity to label people RACISTS.
[xii] She should KNOW about Jim Crow. Democrats were- and still are, for that matter- the party of Jim Crow as well as the party of separate but equal, the KKK, slavery, race hatred, segregation, red-lining, white flight, burning crosses, police dogs, fire hoses, beatings, plantation prisons, and the Civil War. Dems love braying about “JIM CROW, JIM CROW” as it is the new watchword of the day, everything anyone opposing them does is taking us back to “Jim Crow.” Lizzie- STFU you lying, phony, hypocritical, crazy f**king bitch! Enough is enough!
[xiii] This moronic little chub probably thinks, “Boy, I sure showed them!” We’re sure she believes Governor Kemp is also a racist bigot. Enough already.
[xiv] Why? Can’t Joe just undo everything with yet another executive order and can’t the Democrats coerce RINO Governor Brian Kemp into signing another consent decree in 2022 that will permit overweight Stacey Abrams to steal the elections as she did in 2020? What the hell is the big deal?
[xv] This is why we suggest seeding the Rio Grande with alligator pups from Florida, Mississippi, and Alabama as well as laying in minefields, antipersonnel, antivehicle, and antiboat impediments, putting down spikes on our side of the river IN the river at the border line, putting in military emplacements, troops, razor wire augmenting the wall, and completing the wall. Hell, put in foo gas pits and whatever else we need to stop the invasion. BUILD THE WALL AND DEPORT THEM ALL!
[xvii] Commodities – Oil, Silver and Gold Prices – CNN Business– see this site for daily commodity information.
[xviii] Palladium PRICE Today | Palladium Spot Price Chart | Live Price of Palladium per Ounce | Markets Insider (businessinsider.com) See this site for daily trading in palladium.
[xix] Commodities Prices – Spot – Futures (tradingeconomics.com) See this site for much of the economic information cobbled together at this blog.
[xxii] U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.