TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
SUMMER SESSION 2022
THANK GOD THIS IS THE FINAL F**KING DAY OF PRIDE MONTH!
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 134
181. TODAY IN HISTORY—THURSDAY, JUNE 30, 2022:
Presidents Warren G. Harding and William Howard Taft; Vice President William A. Wheeler; U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes; U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Clinton Anderson; U.S. Attorney General Philander C. Knox; U.S. Secretaries of Defense Robert Gates and Donald Rumsfeld; U.S. Secretary of State Louis McLane; U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Salmon P. Chase; U.S. Secretary of War William Howard Taft; Heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson, Dire Straits featuring Hal Lindes, Little River Band featuring Glenn Shorrock, Manfred Mann’s Earth Band featuring Steve Waller, and the Supremes featuring Florence Ballard and Betty McGlown:
- 296 Tuesday: St. Marcellinus begins his reign as the 29th Roman Catholic Pope. He would serve as pontiff until April 26, 304.
- 1294 Wednesday: The city of Berne, Switzerland, expels its Jewish population.
- 1409 Friday: The 205.1st Roman Catholic Antipope Alexander V assumed his pontifical role on this date. Elected in opposition to Pope Gregory XII, he would guide all Christendom from today until May 03, 1410.
- 1520 Wednesday: Spanish Conquistadors under the command of Hernando Cortez take Aztec gold from their temples in Mexico City as they attempt to flee from the increasingly hostile Aztec people. Known as “La Noche Triste,” aka “The Sad Night,” numerous conquistadors lose their lives as they attempt to cross various bodies of water in the city loaded down with Aztec treasure. During the battle, Montezuma II, ruler of the Aztecs, is murdered by the Spaniards.
- 1815 Friday: U.S. Naval hero Stephen Decatur puts an end to attacks by Algerian pirates in the Mediterranean Sea.
- 1819 Wednesday: The future 19th vice president of the United States, 1877-1881, Republican William A. Wheeler—is born on this date.
- 1834 Monday: The 12th U.S. Secretary of State Louis McLane left office on this date. A member of various political parties before settling on the Democratic Party, he served under President Andrew Jackson from May 29, 1833, until today.
- 1841 Wednesday: The Erie Railroad rolled out its first passenger train.
- 1859 Thursday: French acrobat Charles Blondin walked back and forth on a tightrope above the gorge of Niagara Falls as thousands of spectators watched.
- 1864 Thursday: President Abraham Lincoln grants Yosemite Valley to California for siding with the Union during the Civil War. Meanwhile, the 25th U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Salmon P. Chase left office on this date. First a Whig, then a member of the Liberty Party, then of the Free Soil Party, then a Republican and finally a Democrat, Chase served under President Abraham Lincoln from March 07, 1861, until today.
- 1865 Friday: Eight reported co-conspirators in the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln, including Mary Surratt and Dr. Samuel Mudd, underwent conviction in a military commission of conspiring with John Wilkes Booth. Four defendants, including Surratt, went to the gallows while Dr. Mudd received life in prison. However, President Andrew Johnson pardoned him in 1869.
- 1876 Friday: Serbia declares war on the Ottoman Empire with the goal of throwing off the Muslim yoke. Kill ‘em all, boys, kill ‘em all.
- 1882 Friday: In Washington DC, convicted assassin of President James A. Garfield, Charles J. Guiteau meets the hangman.
- 1886 Wednesday: Arturo Toscanini, a 19-year-old cellist, made his legendary conducting debut as he stepped in a as a last-minute substitute to lead the orchestra of an Italian touring company’s performance of the Verdi opera, “Aida” in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- 1904 Thursday: The 44th U.S. Attorney General Philander C. Knox left office on this date. A Republican, he served under Presidents William McKinley and Theodore Roosevelt from 04-05-1901 to 06-30-1904, then became 40th U.S. Secretary of State and then a senator from Pennsylvania.
- 1906 Saturday: John Hope becomes the first black president of Morehouse College. Meanwhile, the U.S. Congress passes the Meat Inspection and Pure Food and Drug Acts.
- 1908 Tuesday: The Tunguska Event took place in Russia as an asteroid (or UFO, according to some theorists) exploded above Siberia, leaving 800 square miles of scorched or blown-down trees. Meanwhile, the 42nd U.S. Secretary of War William Howard Taft left office on this date. A Republican, he served under President Theodore Roosevelt from February 01,1904 until today.
- 1910 Thursday: Czarist Russia absorbs neighboring Finland.
- 1912 Sunday: Canada’s deadliest tornado on record occurred as a cyclone stuck Regina, the provincial capital of Saskatchewan, killing 28 people.
- 1913 Monday: The opening salvos of the Second Balkan War erupt.
- 1918 Sunday: Labor activist and socialist Eugene V. Debs underwent arrest in Cleveland, charged under the Espionage Act of 1917 for a speech the communist made two weeks earlier in which, he denounced U.S. involvement in World War I. A court sentenced him to prison and he was disenfranchised for LIFE. This is what should happen to ALL American communists, imprisonment, and loss of voting rights.
- 1921 Thursday: President Warren G. Harding nominated former President William Howard Taft to be chief justice of the United States Supreme Court, succeeding the late Edward Douglas White.
- 1922 Friday: Irish rebels in London assassinate Sir Henry Wilson, the British deputy for Northern Ireland.
- 1934 Saturday: Adolf Hitler carried out his “blood purge” of political and military rivals in Germany in what came to be known as the “Night of the Long Knives.” Meanwhile, in the NFL, the Portsmouth Spartans become the Detroit Lions.
- 1936 Tuesday: Emperor Haile Selassie of Abyssinia appeals to the League of Nations to stop the Fascist Italian invasion of his nation. Elsewhere, Margaret Mitchell’s book, “Gone with the Wind” underwent first publication.
- 1940 Sunday: With the collapse of France complete and the British evacuated from Dunkirk, Nazi Germany begins occupying the ONLY portions of Great Britain that it would through the entire war: the Channel Islands of Guernsey and Jersey.
- 1941 Monday: During the Nazi drive into the Soviet Union, a pro-Nazi group declares the independence of the Ukraine. As Axis troops entered various towns and cities, they were astounded to see cheering citizens throwing flowers upon them. They were finally free from the hell imposed on them by Soviet thug Josef Stalin. Had the Germans played this differently, the world might be a completely different place. Speaking of Stalin, he finally snaps out of his malaise and meets with his fellow communist bigwigs to figure out what the hell they are going to do. Meanwhile, the Allies total 61 U-Boats sunk for the month of June, resulting in a loss of 310,000 tons.
- 1941 Monday A: Elsewhere, the 11th U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes left the court on this date. The overall 62nd U.S. Supreme Court justice, Hughes was nominated by President Herbert Hoover to fill the seat of Chief Justice William Howard Taft. Hughes served from February 23, 1930, until today. Interestingly enough, his first stint on the high court as an associate justice went from October 10, 1910, until June 10, 1916. The president who nominated him was President William Howard Taft who later became chief justice- the only former president to do so.
- 1941 Monday B: In Detroit, Michigan, future member of the Supremes- Betty McGlown- is born. She would perform with the group between 1959-1960.
- 1942 Tuesday: On the Eastern Front, the Soviet high command finally arrives at the conclusion that it must begin evacuating the Crimean fortress city of Sebastopol as its fall to German and Romanian forces appears imminent. The Soviet Black Sea Fleet is tasked with evacuating the Red Army troops clinging to the city but are under constant Luftwaffe and land-based artillery attack.
- 1943 Wednesday: On the Eastern Front, fighting in small-scale engagements continues up and down the front. The pivotal battle of Kursk is scheduled to begin soon as both sides are building up massive numbers of forces to slog it out in the greatest tank battle in recorded history. The Germans are pouring in the crème de la crème of what it has left in the reserve pool while the Russians continue bringing in more and more troops the Nazis never thought they had. We shall see what we shall see.
- 1943 Wednesday A: In Detroit, Michigan, future member of the Supremes- Florence Ballard- is born. She would perform with the legendary Motown group from 1959-1970 and again from 1975-1976.
- 1944 Friday: Future longtime vocalist for the Australian rock band, the Little River Band[i]– Glenn Shorrock- is born in Chatham, Kent, Great Britain on this date. Meanwhile, on the Western Front, the Allies are preparing to break out and leap across France as their power now is almost unstoppable. The Luftwaffe does not own the air and without airpower on one’s side, the war is already lost. The Nazis just don’t know it yet.
- 1945 Saturday: Mopping up operations continue on Okinawa. The Japanese and the Allies have lost massive numbers of troops. From here, American warplanes will be able to bomb Japan around the clock setting in motion- if it happens- the largest amphibious invasion in the history of the world. Meanwhile, the 13th U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Clinton Anderson assumed office on this date. A Democrat, Secretary Anderson served under President Harry S. Truman from today until May 10, 1948.
- 1949 Thursday: “The Missouri Waltz” became the official state song of Missouri on this date.
- 1950 Friday: President Harry S. Truman ordered U.S. troops into Korea and authorized the draft.
- 1951 Saturday: In Herne Hill, South London, England, future guitarist with Manfred Mann’s Earth Band from 1979 to 1983- Steve Waller- is born.
- 1953 Tuesday: The first Chevrolet Corvette, with its innovative fiberglass body, was built at a General Motors assembly facility in Flint, Michigan. Elsewhere, Hal Lindes who would be a guitarist with Dire Straits[ii] 1980-85—the British band—was born in California on this date.
- 1957 Sunday: The American occupation headquarters in Japan dissolved.
- 1958 Monday: The U.S. Senate passed the Alaska statehood bill by a vote of 64-20.
- 1960 Thursday: The former Belgium Congo declares itself independent and renames itself “Zaire.”
- 1962 Saturday: After the Algerian War, the French Foreign Legion leaves for better environs. Elsewhere, Major League Baseball pitcher Sandy Koufax of the Los Angeles Dodgers pitched his first no-hitter in a game with the New York Mets on this date.
- 1963 Sunday: Pope Paul VI was crowned the 262nd head of the Roman Catholic Church.
- 1965 Wednesday: The NFL grants Atlanta a franchise, the Atlanta Falcons.
- 1966 Thursday: Future heavyweight boxing champion, Mike Tyson, was born in New York City on this date in history. Elsewhere, the nation’s largest feminist organization—the National Organization for Women aka NOW (or as Rush Limbaugh calls them: NAGS—National Organization of Gals) undergoes founding.
- 1971 Wednesday: The Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) ruled that the federal government could NOT prevent the Washington Post (WAPO) or the New York Times from publishing the purloined Pentagon Papers. Meanwhile, the 26th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which lowered the age for voting to 18, underwent ratification on this date[iii].
- 1972 Friday: For the first time, a leap second was added to Coordinated Universal Time to account for the slowing rotation of the Earth.
- 1977 Thursday: President Jimmy Carter announced he had decided against production of the Rockwell B-1 bomber, saying it was ‘too costly.’[iv] However, President Ronald Reagan—who ousted Carter in the 1980 Presidential Election—revived it when he came to power.
- 1982 Wednesday: The proposed Equal Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution expired, having failed to receive the required number of ratifications for its adoption, despite having its seven-year deadline extended by three years.
- 1985 Sunday: Thirty-nine American hostages from a hijacked TWA Jetliner were freed in Beirut, Lebanon, after being held 17 days thanks to the Syrian dictator Hafez al-Assad.
- 1990 Saturday: East and West Germany merge their economies.
- 1993 Wednesday: Actor George “Spanky” McFarland of “Our Gang” and “Little Rascals” fame died in Grapevine, Texas, at age 64.
- 1997 Monday: The United Kingdom transfers sovereignty over Hong Kong to the People’s Republic of (Communist) China, ending 156 years of British rule.
- 2003 Monday: Israeli and Palestinian commanders shook hands as bulldozers dismantled checkpoints and Palestinian traffic flowed freely into the Gaza Strip.
- 2005 Thursday: Spain becomes the third country to permit same-sex marriage.
- 2006 Friday: The 73.1st Acting U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Robert M. Kimmitt assumed his position on this date. A Republican, he served under President George W. Bush from today until July 10, 2006. At that point, the 74th U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry “Hank” Paulson assumed the office.
- 2008 Monday: President George W. Bush signed legislation to pay for war operations in Iraq and Afghanistan for the rest of his presidency and beyond, hailing the $162 billion plan as a rare product of bipartisan cooperation.
- 2011 Thursday: Investigations by the ECDC and the European Food Safety Authority implicate fenugreek seeds imported from Egypt in the deadly E. coli outbreaks. Meanwhile, the 22nd U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert “Bob” Gates- a Republican- left office on this date. He served under Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Hussein Obama from December 18, 2006, until today.
- 2013 Sunday: Nineteen elite firefighters known as members of the Granite Mountain Hotshots lost their lives battling a wildfire northwest of Phoenix after a shift in wind direction pushed the flames back towards their position.
- 2014 Monday: The U.S. Supreme Court agrees with a lower court ruling that Google’s Street View data collection violated anti-wiretapping laws by capturing personal data from Wi-Fi networks. Next, a sharply divided Supreme Court ruled that some companies could avoid the contraceptives requirement in President Barack Hussein Obama’s health care overhaul- Obamacare- the first time the high court declared that businesses could hold religious views under federal law.
- 2015 Tuesday: Following a request for a bailout extension plan to the International Monetary Fund, Greece skips out on a $1.8 billion payment. At first, Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras had rejected making any sort of reforms in exchange for the financial help but then seemed willing to negotiate a plan to avoid the country collapsing altogether. In the U.S., Misty Copeland becomes the first African American principal dancer of the American Ballet Theater.
- 2016 Thursday: In Great Britain, elections loom on the horizon and Theresa May and Michael Gove announces their bids to lead the Conservative Party while Boris Johnson rules himself out.
- 2017 Friday: Germany joins the other decadent nations of the world legalizing homosexual marriage via a snap vote. Adolf would have been so proud.
- 2018 Saturday: In the socialist paradise of Nicaragua, mourners lamenting the loss of their children during a recent crackdown by the Sandinista government participate in the March of Flowers. Things go from bad to worse with government-sanctioned violence breaking out leading to at least one death and at least eight others seriously injured.
- 2019 Sunday: On this date, President Donald J. Trump met with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un along the DMZ separating the two Koreas from one another. President Trump became the first sitting U.S. president to walk across the dividing line onto North Korean soil and then the two crossed into South Korea where they held an impromptu meeting for nearly three hours. Jealous Democrats and fake news promoters called the whole thing a ‘photo op’ when it might truly lead to peace and destroy Democratic Party 2020 hopes. Meanwhile, in Khartoum, the capital of the Sudan, protests against continued military rule leads to violence what with seven killed and 181 injured.
- 2020 Tuesday: The Beijing Bat Flu continues trashing the world as the escapee from the Wuhan Institute of Virology continues taking names and calling numbers. Here are the stats for the globe for today: 10,363,165 confirmed cases, an increase of 168,367 cases, 507,188 confirmed deaths, an increase of 4,241 deaths, and 5,284,524 confirmed recoveries, an increase of 115,103. In the United States, here are the stats for today: 2,668,647 confirmed cases- +138,383, 128,581 confirmed deaths, +574, and 821,931 confirmed recoveries, +12,650.
- 2020 Tuesday A: In the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day has chef-authors- California, Hawaii, and Washington state- here are the stats, Golden State first: 222,917 confirmed cases, 5,980 confirmed deaths, but as usual, NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next, in the Aloha State, here are the stats: 900 confirmed cases, 18 confirmed deaths, and 722 confirmed recoveries. Finally, in the Evergreen State, here are the stats: 32,253 confirmed cases, 1,320 confirmed deaths, and like other mostly BLUE locales, NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. It is interesting to note that the United States is NOW the main country with the Kung Flu, which we believe is by design. The communist Chinese via colluding with the Democratic Party have made sure we have the most numbers. George Floyd died for nothing. NOTHING. The protests and now the violent mobs spreading COVID-19 far and wide are doing this by design, all to thwart President Donald J. Trump.
- 2020 Tuesday B: Here are today’s stock market closes: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 25,812.88, UP 217.08 points 0.85%), NASDAQ: 10,058.76, UP 184.61 points (1.87%), and the S&P 500: 3,100.29, UP 47.05 points (1.54%).
- 2021 Wednesday: COVID-19 Statistics for the Planet as a Whole: 182,977,255 confirmed cases, +460,483, 3,962,824 confirmed deaths, +10,644 and 167,555,589 confirmed recoveries, +436,433. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 34,540,845 confirmed cases, UP 16,962 from yesterday’s reporting, 620,249 confirmed deaths, UP 360,[v] and 29,026,688 confirmed recoveries, UP 22,323. We genuinely appreciate COVID Live Update World Meter for being honest in covering ALL the numbers- God bless them.[vi]
- 2021 Wednesday A: Joe Biden to Donald J. Trump COVID-19 Deaths– Note: since Joe Biden became president on January 20, 2021, there have been 302,343 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States- feeble old Joe, by the end of the year, you will have tied the total number witnessed by the Trump administration in nearly a year of the rampaging coronavirus pandemic. Under President Trump’s watch, there were 404,078 fatalities from the Chi-Com Bat Virus. Currently, Joe is shy 157,306 deaths
- 2021 Wednesday B: COVID-19 Statistics in the four states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Florida, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 3,816,804 (DOWN) confirmed cases, 63,641 confirmed deaths, and 2,073,830 confirmed recoveries. Moving on, here are the numbers for Florida: 2,372,532 confirmed cases, 37,836 confirmed deaths, and 2,201,120 confirmed recoveries (same numbers). Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 37,758 confirmed cases, 517 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same numbers). Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 453,924 confirmed cases, 5,978 confirmed deaths, and 226,206 confirmed recoveries (DOWN). Let us look at one other portion of the U.S., Maine: they have 69,033 confirmed cases, 858 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. [vii]
- 2021 Wednesday C: Foreign COVID Stats of the Day– Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 841,777 (DOWN) confirmed cases, 6,429 (DOWN) confirmed deaths, and 833,466 confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other country- Guyana, 133rd country on the list: 20,055 cases of the virus, 469 confirmed deaths and 18,040 confirmed recoveries. [viii]
- 2021 Wednesday D: Stock Market Closes/Precious and Rare Metals: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 34,502.51, UP 210.22 points (+0.61%). Next, the NASDAQ: 14,503.95, DOWN 24.38 points (-0.17%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 4,297.50, UP 5.70 points (+0.13%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $73.71 per barrel, +0.24 (+0.33%). The price of GOLD is $1,775.40 per troy oz., +3.80 (+0.21%) while the price of SILVER is $26.29 per troy ounce, +0.12 (+0.46%). The price of PLATINUM is $1,071.40 per troy oz, -1.50 (-0.14%) while the price of COPPER is $4.27 per pound, -0.02 (-0.44%).[ix] The price of PALLADIUM is $2,764.49 per troy oz, -15.15 (-0.44%).[x] The price of RHODIUM is $20,100.00 per troy oz., +250.00 (+1.26%). The price of NEODYMIUM is $582,500.00 per troy oz., -2,500.00 (-0.43%). [xi] Currently, Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000029. As for Chi-Com money, one-dollar U.S. = 6.46 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.84 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 19.94. In Sierra Leonean Leone, one greenback equals 10,165.00 and in Singapore Dollar, a buck equals 1.35 and in Solomon Islands Dollar, one dollar equals 267,539.39 of theirs. [xii]
- 2021 Wednesday E: U.S. National Debt and Gasoline Prices in the Four States in which we have Chef-Authors– Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising by the day and NOTE- these prices are sans TAXES- in California, gasoline prices have risen to over $4.282 per gallon, $3.002 in Florida, $4.013 in Hawaii, and $3.747 in Washington state. [xiii] Let’s look at one other location- Oregon: $3.600. We are going to do something else that could be fun- gasoline prices around the world going from cheapest to highest. The next country on the list has the next lowest gasoline price in the world- Nepal: $4.048 per U.S. Gallon. [xiv] . Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $28,468,462,511,078 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but flipping TRILLIONS [xv]. Cloward and Piven causing problems like they always do which is not good- those two bastards should have been given public lashings. As for holders of U.S. debt, after United Arab Emirates, the next largest holder of U.S. debt is Mexico with $49 billion of U.S. national debt (it is important to note that these numbers vary every day with one nation after another jockeying for position).[xvi]
- 2021 Wednesday F: Joe Biden’s Border Catastrophe I– By our count, today is Day No. 99 for the so-called ‘Border Czar’ “Kooky Kamala” Harris to be in command of the southern border and Day No. 5 since her first and only visit to view the destructiveness caused by the policies of Barack Hussein Obama (who is the voice in slobbering Joe Biden’s earpiece). Speaking of the border, President Donald J. Trump and Texas Governor Greg Abbott are touring the border today, appearing in the epicenter of the invasion instead of doing photo ops in quiet sectors like “Kooky Kamala.” While in Texas, President Trump says that secure borders and fair elections are the keys to a prosperous and safe United States.’ He also said that not only has Joe Biden ‘sabotaged’ the border wall and that his border policies are ‘absolutely depraved.’ Former Acting Customs and Border Patrol Commissioner Mark Morgan says that ‘President Trump’s visit to the southern border is one of actual substance.’
- 2021 Wednesday G: Foreign News / Overseas News I– Communist Chinese dictator Xi Jinping celebrated ‘communist China’s irreversible rise on the world stage’ at the 100th anniversary celebrations of the Chi-Com Party. Woo-oo. Big dictator and all. In other thug news, the government of the Central African Republic is expressing its displeasure with human rights watchers who claim the Russian military advisers in the country are committing human rights abuses on the populace as they do battle with crazed rebels. The Russians would never misbehave now, would they? Speaking of both the Russians and the Chi-Coms, Japanese government official Yasuhide Nakayama is warning his American counterparts to beware of a possible joint-Russian-Chi-Com attack on Hawaii as they also attack Taiwan. We are witnessing a buildup of power by the world’s totalitarian regimes while our ‘president’ plays pocket pool in the basement of the White House. Not good.
- 2021 Wednesday H: Political News I– Senator Tom Cotton, R-AR, says that Congresswoman Ilhan “Allah Akbar” Omar is little more than a ‘voice for Hamas.’ The screeching harpy has been calling the United States a ‘terrorist nation.’ (Note- strip this stick-like skank of her citizenship along with whatever family members residing in the U.S. and deport them back to Somalia or Eritrea or wherever the f**k they came). Elsewhere, as “America’s Governor” Ron DeSantis’ star continues to rise, CBS and the Washington Post are trying to launch weak attacks on the popular politician to try to tarnish him.
- 2021 Wednesday I: Political News II– Moving on, reports from within the office of ‘Border Czar’ “Kooky Kamala” Harris continue the tarnish the already tarnished reputation of the woman who is supposedly the ‘vice president.’ She apparently cannot lead her way out of a paper bag and various staff members are throwing their hands up in the air claiming, “IT’S TOO CHAOTIC!” We all know Joe is not going to last forever unless, of course, as a hologram so one would think the Dems would be scrambling for a qualified number two. Members working for Joe Biden say that ‘it begins at the top.’ We are beginning a countdown as to how long this goober is going to last. (We suspect she will be out by November).
- 2021 Wednesday J: Crime and Punishment News / Law Enforcement News I– Bill Cosby is walking free today after a Pennsylvania judge threw out his conviction. Meanwhile, actor Allison Mack got three years in prison and a hefty fine for her role in supplying sex slaves to NXIVM cult leader Keith Raniere. She originally faced 7-to-14 years in the slammer but was able to settle on three years. Elsewhere, the FBI is moving to offense to counter moves made by cyberhackers.
- 2021 Wednesday K: Weather News I– The Pacific Northwest- unaccustomed to temperatures outside the high 80s on occasion are claiming they have lost at least 100 people due to the recent heat wave. It does at times get flipping hot there and any temps in the mid-to-high 90s are seen as intolerable. Still, it allows them to claim that global warming is destroying the planet. (We expect it’s also going to be a FRIGID winter).
- 2021 Wednesday L: Milestones and Personal Interest Stories– Former 13th and 21st U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, a big proponent of regime-change wars, died in Taos, N.M., today at age 88 from multiple myeloma. He was both the youngest and the oldest person to serve in this position. Many now suspect that he and then-Vice President Dick Cheney were instrumental in pushing President George W. Bush into invading Iraq on the cheap with NO PLAN for what was to come after the toppling of Saddam Hussein. It was this ‘invasion-on-the-cheap’ and lack of a plan that led to countless deaths of American troops and Iraqi civilians as the insurgency broke out. We don’t doubt Secretary Rumsfeld’s patriotism; however, we think he and Cheney did it as a means of self-enrichment through the military-industrial-political complex.
- 2021 Wednesday M: Milestones and Personal Interest Stories– Former 13th and 21st U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, a big proponent of regime-change wars, died in Taos, N.M., today at age 88 from multiple myeloma. He was both the youngest and the oldest person to serve in this position. Many now suspect that he and then-Vice President Dick Cheney were instrumental in pushing President George W. Bush into invading Iraq on the cheap with NO PLAN for what was to come after the toppling of Saddam Hussein. It was this ‘invasion-on-the-cheap’ and lack of a plan that led to countless deaths of American troops and Iraqi civilians as the insurgency broke out. We don’t doubt Secretary Rumsfeld’s patriotism; however, we think he and Cheney did it as a means of self-enrichment through the military-industrial-political complex.
- 2021 Wednesday N: President Donald J. Trump News– President Donald J. Trump calls for the pathetic loser General Mark A. Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who is the American version of German officers Generaloberst Alfred Jodl and Field Marshall Wilhelm Keitel, to resign. (Note- in our view, nothing is worse than a political general and General Milley is a prime example, one as corrupt and as criminal as were Jodl and Keitel who met their end on the gallows following World War II). In other Trump-related news, new statistics show that he was way up in 2020 when it comes to non-college-educated Hispanics.
- 2021 Wednesday O: California Lottery Results / Super Lotto And Powerball Draws– First, here are the results for the Super Lotto Draw #3573 with a $60 million pot on the line: 12, 13, 16, 18, 25, and Mega 25. Out of 130,291, the highest winner was one person who had FIVE numbers but NO MEGA for a prize of $47,865. The winning ticket was sold at the Fast and Easy Mart in Benicia, CA 94510. Next, here are the results for the Powerball Draw #859: 24, 29, 50, 65, 66, and Mega 14. Out of 49,322 winning tickets, the highest winners were TWO people who had FOUR numbers plus the Powerball for a prize of $13,712 apiece.
- 2021 Wednesday: Friends, please stick around but note, we may be toning things down a bit what with increased pressure from the outside. Joe Biden is GREAT, communist China WONDERFUL, illegal aliens DELIGHTFUL. Nancy Pelosi is a GENIUS, AOC a MENSA graduate, and BIG GOVERNMENT preferable to freedom and liberty. Yes, we are using Newspeak Dictionary 2021.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0877 a 48” x 36” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Wind in the Palms.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day.
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
The next album coming out of the Capitol Records archives is “The Beach Boys…Summer Dreams” by the world’s greatest surf-rock, hotrod, motorbike, and fun in the sun band, a record that hit record store shelves on July 01, 1990. You have 18 wonderful cuts beginning with (1) “I Get Around” (2) “Surfin’ USA” (3) “Fun, Fun, Fun” (4) “Little Deuce Coupe” (5) “Surfin’ Safari” (6) “Help Me, Rhonda” (7) “California Girls” (8) “Don’t Worry Baby” (9) “When I Grow Up to be a Man” (10) “Dance, Dance, Dance” (11) “The Little Girl I Once Knew.” Next, we have (12) “Barbara Ann” (13) “Good Vibrations,” (14) “Sloop John B.” (15) “You’re So Good to Me” (16) “God Only Knows” (17) “Then I Kissed Her” (18) “Wouldn’t It Be Nice” (19) “Heroes and Villains” and (20) “Wild Honey.” The final tunes begin with (21) “Do It Again” (22) “Friends” (23) “Darlin’” (24) “Bluebirds over the Mountain” (25) “I Can Hear Music” (26) “Break Away” (27) “Cotton Fields” and (28) “California Dreamin’.” If you love this band as much as we love it, you will love this album so folks, we hope you seek it out at your favorite haunt for nothing but the best in music- you will be glad you did. Enjoy.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 06-30-2022, all rights reserved. (Editor’s Note: we pay the estate of Beverly Carrick an annual fee by which, we can show her paintings to the world. We make NO money from the estate’s sales of her world-famous artworks). Total Word Count: 5,318. Chef Brian Carrick.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Beverly Carrick Desert Landscapes, Just the Facts, Unvarnished Truth- The, Hal Lindes, Dire Straits, The Little River Band, Glenn Shorrock, Manfred Mann’s Earth Band, Steve Waller, Betty McGlown, Florence Ballard, The Supremes, President William G. Harding, President William Howard Taft, Vice President William A. Wheeler, U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes, President Herbert Hoover, President William Howard Taft, U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice William Howard Taft, President Theodore Roosevelt, U.S. Secretary of War William Howard Taft, U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert “Bob” Gates, U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, President William McKinley, U.S. Attorney General Philander C. Knox, President Abraham Lincoln, U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Salmon P. Chase, Acting U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Robert M. Kimmitt, U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry “Hank” Paulson, French Foreign Legion, U.S. Secretary of State Louis McLane, ‘Border Czar’ “Kooky Kamala” Harris, President Barack Hussein Obama, Joe Biden, Communist China, Xi Jinping, Russia, Japan, Congresswoman Ilhan “Allah Akbar” Omar, Bill Cosby, Iraq War- the, Saddam Hussein, General Mark A. Milley, Generaloberst Alfred Jodl, Field Marshall Wilhelm Keitel, Political Generals, President Harry S. Truman, U.S. Agriculture Secretary Clinton Anderson, President Donald J. Trump, Governor Greg Abbott, Former Acting Customs and Border Patrol Commissioner Mark Morgan, Senator Tom Cotton, “America’s Governor” Ron DeSantis, U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, President George W. Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, COVID-19 Statistics For The Planet As A Whole, Joe Biden To Donald J. Trump COVID-19 Deaths, COVID-19 Statistics, Foreign Covid Stats Of The Day, Stock Market Closes/Precious And Rare Metals, U.S. National Debt And Gasoline Prices In The Four States In Which We Have Chef-Authors, Joe Biden’s Border Catastrophe I, Foreign News / Overseas News I, Political News I, Political News II, Crime And Punishment News / Law Enforcement News I, Weather News I, President Donald J. Trump News, Illegal Aliens, Illegal Immigration, Illegal Alien Undeclared War on the U.S., Mexican Drug Cartels, Illegal Alien Invasion, Illegal Alien Tsunami, Illegal Alien Tidal Wave, Illegal Alien Caravans, Joe Biden’s Open Borders Policies, Build the Wall and Deport Them All, Replacement Theory, Illegal Alien overrunning of America, COVID-19, Chi-Vi- the, The ‘VID, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, China Virus, China Virus Crisis, Yellow Fever 2019-2021, Communist China Condition, Kung Flu- The, Wuhan Waltz- The, BIG C-19- The, Wuhan Whoopie- The, COVID-19 Mandates, Pelosi Pox- The, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Hubei Hooey- The, Xi Jinping’s Bat Fu Yuk, Communist Killer Virus 2019-2021 and Onward, Chairman Xi’s Fever, Chairman Xi’s Gift to the World- the Chi-Vi, COVID-19- the Trump Whacker, COVID-19- the Hong Kong Democracy Movement Killer, U.S. Stock Markets, U.S. National Debt, National Security Issues, COVID-19 World Health Meter Statistics, U.S. Stock Markets, U.S. National Debt, National Security Issues, U.S. National Gasoline Prices, Global Petrol Prices, DOW Jones Industrial Average, S & P 500, NASDAQ, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper, Palladium, Rhodium, Neodymium, Precious and Rare Metals, Light Sweet Crude Oil, U.S. Monetary Conversions, Monetary Conversions of the Day, Bitcoin, Chinese Yuan, European Union Euros, Mexican Pesos, Sierra Leonean Leone, Singapore Dollar, Solomon Islands Dollar, Oregonian Gas Prices, Global Petrol Prices, Nepalese Petrol Price, California Lottery Results, Super Lotto, Super Lotto Draw #3573, Powerball, Powerball Draw #859, Roman Catholic Church, St. Marcellinus, Pope Gregory XII, Antipope Alexander V, Pope Paul VI, Professional Sports, Professional Boxing, Mike Tyson, The Beach Boys, Brian Wilson, Carl Wilson, Dennis Wilson, Alan Jardine, Mike Love, Bruce Johnston, David Marks, Chef Brian Carrick,
[i] We are not sure when we will begin offering albums by the Little River Band as that could be another 5-10 years from now but one day, we most surely will because they are one of the world’s greatest bands. Seeing them live in the 1970s was mind-altering because it was so damned amazing.
[ii] We hope to offer the music of Dire Straits sometime in 2021-2022. Please stay tuned.
[iii] Democrats in 2020 now want to lower the voting age to 16-year-olds as well as to felons, illegal aliens, and others who should not be able to vote. If anything, voting age should be raised to 35 because most Americans do not begin undergoing the maturation process as they did 50 or more years ago. What we are saying is that young people are little more than a bunch of sissies who should never be able to vote. Let us restore it as the Constitution presented it that people of property should be the only ones able to vote. You must have a stake in the country to do what’s right for her.
[iv] It’s no wonder as to WHY Jimmy Carter served but one term as president. The guy was a whoosie.
[v] Bing seems to be covering numbers up for the Biden administration so here is where we have gone now: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[viii] We obtain our statistics for the coronavirus from: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[ix] Commodities – Oil, Silver and Gold Prices – CNN Business– see this site for daily commodity information.
[x] Palladium PRICE Today | Palladium Spot Price Chart | Live Price of Palladium per Ounce | Markets Insider (businessinsider.com) See this site for daily trading in palladium.
[xi] Commodities Prices – Spot – Futures (tradingeconomics.com) See this site for much of the economic information cobbled together at this blog.
[xiv] Please see the following site for information on global gas prices: Gasoline prices around the world, 26-Apr-2021 | GlobalPetrolPrices.com
[xv] U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.