TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
Contact Me: Kilgorerandalini1@gmail.com
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
SPRING SESSION 2021
BLOG POST #3,867 AT THE AICP-END
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 572
106. TODAY IN HISTORY—FRIDAY, APRIL 16, 2021:
DAY EIGHTY-SEVEN OF THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION
Emancipation Day (Washington, D.C.)
U.S. Secretaries of State William R. King and Anthony Blinken; Chicago featuring Jason Scheff, Moby Grape featuring Skip Spence, Roxy Music featuring Graham Simpson, Savoy Brown featuring “Lonesome” Dave Peverett, and Uriah Heep featuring Lee Kerslake:
- 1178 B.C.: A solar eclipse may have marked the return of Odysseus, legendary king of Ithaca, to his kingdom after the Trojan War.
- 73 Sunday: Masada, a Jewish fortress where the zealots fled after the fall of Jerusalem, fell to the Romans after a lengthy siege, which ended the Great Jewish Revolt.
- 556 Friday: Pelagius I begins his reign as the 60th Roman Catholic Pope. He would serve as pope from today until March 04, 561.
- 1789 Wednesday: President-elect George Washington left Mount Vernon, Virginia, for his inauguration in New York.
- 1818 Thursday: The United States Senate ratified the Rush-Bagot amendment to form an unarmed U.S.-Canadian border.
- 1854 Sunday: San Salvador virtually disappeared during a massive earthquake.
- 1861 Tuesday: President Abraham Lincoln forbids anyone in the United States from doing business with the Confederacy.
- 1862 Wednesday: During the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln signed a bill ending slavery in the District of Columbia. Meanwhile, the Confederacy conscripted all white men between the ages of 18 and 35.
- 1881 Saturday: In Dodge City, Kansas, Bat Masterson fought his final gun battle.
- 1889 Tuesday: In London, England, famed movie star and film director Charles Chaplin was born on this date.
- 1900 Monday: The Post Office issued the first book of postage stamps. The two-cent stamps appeared in books of 12, 24, and 48 stamps.
- 1905 Sunday: Andrew Carnegie donated $10 million of personal money to set up the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
- 1912 Tuesday: American aviator Harriet Quimby became the first woman to fly across the English Channel, traveling from Dover, England, to France in 59 minutes.
- 1916 Sunday: In Mesopotamia, British relief forces are fighting to relieve their comrades trapped Kut. The Ottoman Turks have siege lines drawn around the ancient city and have been starving and denying their British opponents water and military supplies. British forces continue drawing closer and closer to the besieged garrison but cannot push through the positions held by the fanatical Turks. Allah is, after all, on their side.
- 1917 Monday: Vladimir Ilyich Lenin arrived back from exile in Petrograd to join the Russian Revolution. Kaiser Wilhelm II played his ‘secret weapon’ well: loaded aboard a closed train, Lenin and the Kaiser struck a deal- ‘we will send you back to Russia and when you take power, you take Russia out of the war.’ And so it occurred. However, when the communists took power, every nation in Europe shunned them because they did not want the evil disease of Marxism spreading to their countries but for now, all was well.
- 1922 Sunday: A treaty signed in Italy between Germany and the USSR recognized the governments of one another’s countries. Elsewhere, Annie Oakley shot 100 clay targets in a row to set a women’s record.
- 1938 Saturday: Great Britain recognizes the Italian annexation of the African nation of Abyssinia.
- 1939 Sunday: Soviet leader calls for a pact between Great Britain, France, and the USSR to defend against Nazi aggression.
- 1940 Tuesday: Bob Feller of the Cleveland Indians threw the first no-hit, no-run game on opening day of baseball season. The Indians defeated the Chicago White Sox by a score of 1-0. Meanwhile, British troops land to the north and south of Trondheim in Norway as they seek to defy the Nazis an easy victory and to help the Norwegian military to keep the Germans tied down for as long as possible.
- 1941 Wednesday: The Yugoslav government (or what’s left of it) is attempting to negotiate an end to the Axis invasion of their country. The Yugoslav military was not prepared for the Blitzkrieg that fell atop them like a load of bricks. Anger Adolf Hitler and you will pay the price.
- 1942 Thursday: During World War II, Britain’s King George VI awards the George Cross to the island of Malta for suffering German air attacks and invasion and for fighting back bravely.
- 1943 Friday: “Lonesome” Dave Peverett, rhythm guitarist and vocalist with both the original Savoy Brown[i] and a founding member of Foghat[ii] was born on today’s date in Dulwich, London, England. Meanwhile, in Basel, Switzerland, chemist Albert Hoffman accidentally discovered the hallucinogenic effects of LSD-25 while working on the medicinal value of lysergic acid.
- 1944 Sunday: The Red Army continues rolling up German and Rumanian pockets around Yalta as the Soviets continue pushing the Axis troops out of their country. Although ill-supplied and devoid of hope, the Germans continue fighting for their lives because they are more afraid of the Fuhrer in Berlin than they are of their Russian enemies.
- 1945 Monday: Allied troops begin entering the German city of Nuremburg during World War II. Meanwhile the Red Army commenced the Battle of Berlin. First, they would have to capture the outlying heights and then cut off the city. German troops know that they cannot win this battle; however, they plan to bleed the Red Army dry of blood. Finally, in the Baltic Sea, a Soviet submarine torpedoed and sank the MV Goya, a luxury liner the Nazis impressed into service to haul refugees and wounded soldiers from the Baltic republics in the face of an attacking Red Army; it is estimated that up to 7,000 peopled died in the attack.
- 1947 Wednesday: The French ship Grandcamp blew up at the harbor in Texas City, Texas; another ship, the High Flyer, exploded the following day. The blasts killed nearly 600 people. Elsewhere, financier Bernard M. Baruch said in a speech at the South Carolina statehouse, “Let us not be deceived—we are today in the midst of a Cold War.” Elsewhere, future rock drummer with the British band, Uriah Heep[iii], 1971-1979 / 1981-2007, Lee Kerslake—is born in in Winton, Bournemouth, Hampshire, England, on this date.
- 1951 Monday: The British submarine Affray sinks in the English Channel resulting in the loss of 75 lives.
- 1954 Friday: The Battle of Dien Bien Phu continues, building in intensity. Great pains are put into locating the enemy AA batteries so they can neutralize as many of them as possible which they do- at great cost in dwindling artillery ammunition. The problem is, there are so many, taking out the ones they could cost them much-needed artillery ammo. Meanwhile, Hanoi sends word that they are going to promote the leading officers by one rank. Thus, Colonel Christian De Castries becomes Brigadier General De Castries while Lt. Colonel “Gars Pierre” Langlais and other lieutenant colonels move up to full bird colonel. This is significant because it shows that leadership in Hanoi recognizes they are going to lose this fight…but not yet.[iv]
- 1962 Monday: Brazil nationalizes U.S. businesses. Meanwhile, Walter Cronkite began anchoring the “CBS Evening News.” Elsewhere, future U.S. Secretary of State Anthony Blinken is born in New York City, N.Y. on this date. A Democrat, he would serve under Joe Biden from January 26, 2021 until? Finally, New Orleans Archbishop Joseph Rummel excommunicated three local Roman Catholics for fighting racial integration of parochial schools.
- 1963 Tuesday: Martin Luther King, Jr., wrote his “Letter from the Birmingham Jail” in which, the civil rights leader responded to a group of local clergymen who had criticized him for leading street protests; however, King, in his letter, defended his tactics, writing, “injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”
- 1966 Saturday: Rhodesian Prime Minister Ian Smith breaks diplomatic relations with Britain.
- 1967 Sunday: At the Western Open in El Monte, California, Bakersfield native Ken Barnes Jr. became the first skeet shooter to break a perfect 400 straight in all four guns (.410, 28, 20 and 12 gauges). He is also the only shooter to this with pump action shotguns.
- 1968 Tuesday: The Pentagon announced that troops would begin coming home from Vietnam on this date.
- 1972 Sunday: Apollo 16 blasted off on a voyage to the moon with astronauts John W. Young, Charles M. Duke, Jr., and Ken Mattingly aboard.
- 1975 Wednesday: The Khmer Rouge Rebels won control of Cambodia after five years of civil war. They renamed the country Kampuchea and began a reign of terror on this date.
- 1978 Sunday: In Orissa, India, 180 people died when a tornado struck the area.
- 1982 Friday: Future Chicago[v] bassist/vocalist 1985-2016—Jason Scheff—is born on this date in San Diego, California. Meanwhile, Queen Elizabeth proclaimed Canada’s new constitution in effect, which severed the last colonial tie with Great Britain.
- 1983 Saturday: Steve Garvey set a new National League record by playing in his 1,118th consecutive game.
- 1986 Wednesday: After the United States bombed his African nation in retaliation for recent terrorist attacks, Libyan dictator, Moammar Khadafy appears on national television to dispute rumors that he died in the airstrike.
- 1987 Thursday: The U.S. Patent Office began allowing the patenting of new animals created by genetic engineering.
- 1990 Monday: Maximum unemployment benefits in the State of New York rise to $260 per week.
- 1991 Tuesday: In the NHL, the St. Louis Blues become the eighth team to come back from a 3-1 deficit as they beat the Detroit Red Wings by a score of 3-2 in Game 7 of the NHL Stanley Cup Finals.
- 1992 Thursday: The House Ethics Committee listed 303 current and former lawmakers who had overdrawn their House bank accounts.
- 1999 Friday: In Santa Cruz, California, Skip Spence, the original drummer of the Jefferson Airplane[vi] and then one of the guitarists of the San Francisco rock band, Moby Grape[vii], died from lung cancer on this date; he was 52-years-old.
- 2002 Tuesday: The Supreme Court overturned major parts of a 1996 child pornography law based on rights to freedom of speech. Ashcroft v. Free Speech Coalition, 535 U.S. 234 (2002) struck down two overly broad provisions of the Child Pornography Prevention Act of 1996 over First Amendment rights.
- 2003 Wednesday: The U.S. State Department announces a summit of the U.S., the People’s Republic of China, and North Korea will kowtow in Beijing over April 23-24, 2003, to discuss the paused North Korean nuclear program. Of course, nothing will come of this but it looks good to the little people.
- 2004 Friday: The Human Rights Commission at the United Nations- such a stellar body with a distinguished track record (yeah, right) got a BIG HIGH-FIVE from the Chi-Coms when the commission smacked down a motion by the United States to condemn the Chi-Coms’ abysmal record on human rights. Rice wine all around, folks. Elsewhere, as the fight in Iraq goes from bad to worse, the U.S. military drops a 1,000-pound bomb near the Shiite town of Najaf. Good going let’s make those people love us even more there, President George W. Bush.
- 2005 Saturday: Leaders of the G7 meet in Washington, D.C., in the headquarters of the World Bank. The main topics of discussion are rising energy costs and the tying of the U.S. dollar to the Chinese yuan.
- 2006 Sunday: Communist Chinese President Hu Jintao holds a banquet for the honorary head of the Kuomintang, the Nationalist Party of Taiwan, Lien Chan. This was back in a time when there was a thaw between the two countries and the fascist politics of the mainland a decade or so later were not common.
- 2007 Monday: In the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history, Virginia Tech gunman Seug-Hui Cho killed 33 people and injured 23 others before committing suicide. Elsewhere, reports coming out of Iraq suggest that the U.S. is holding at least 18,000 Iraqis in various prisons with the average stay being a year and for some, far longer. A study coming out of Iraq itself says that children in the godforsaken country are suffering at the hands of the invaders.
- 2008 Wednesday: The United States Supreme Court upholds lethal injection as a means of capital punishment. Challenges over it being ‘cruel and unusual punishment’ were pushed aside as folks, you want to use Old Sparky, the gas chamber, the gallows, what- we need some way with which to eliminate condemned murderers.
- 2009 Thursday: Bolivian police kill three foreigners and arrest two others, men whom they claim had come to their country to assassinate their leader, communists President Evo Morales and Vice President Alvaro Garcia Linera. Sounds like a crock of crap to us.
- 2010 Friday: Planes across the United Kingdom, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Russia are grounded because of the volcanic ash coming from Iceland’s Eyjafjallajökull volcano. Meanwhile, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission charges Goldman-Sachs with defrauding its investors.
- 2011 Saturday: In Egypt, the court orders the former ruling National Democratic Party of Hosni Mubarak be dissolved. Next, in Cuba, President Raul Castro proposes ‘term limits’ for ‘elected officials.’ Come on, Raul, Cuba is a communist s**thole and things such as ‘term limits’ and ‘elections’ are complete shams, meant only for foreign consumption.
- 2012 Monday: Following political reforms in Myanmar, Australia relaxes sanctions on the country, including by-elections earlier this month where opposition leader, Aung San Suu Kyi’s party won more than a dozen seats. Elsewhere, Roxy Music’s[viii] original bassist, Graham Simpson, died on this date in London, United Kingdom. Meanwhile, “God Save the Queen,” the Sex Pistols big tune from 35 years ago which the BBC banned finally can be heard in the United Kingdom in time for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
- 2013 Tuesday: The defense ministry of China accuses the United States of increasing tensions in the Asia-Pacific region by increasing its military presence and supporting Vietnam, Japan, and the Philippines in long-term territorial disputes with the country. Elsewhere, following yesterday’s attack on the Boston Marathon, organizers of the London Marathon- occurring this Sunday- are reassessing their security setup for the event. Elsewhere, North Korea is having a meltdown over recent protests in South Korea in which residents of Seoul were burning portraits of the leadership. They demand immediate apologies and cessation of all anti-Democratic Republic of North Korea activities or else.
- 2014 Wednesday: South Korean ferry MV Sewol sank; 304 people drowned, most of who were students on vacation. Elsewhere, Russian hegemony continues in the Ukraine where ‘pro-Russian protesters’ manage to overpower Ukrainian forces and capture six of their armored personnel carriers.
- 2015 Thursday: Migrants continue drowning in the Mediterranean in the waters between Libya and Italy as yet another boat goes down, taking at least 340 people down to Davey Jones’ locker. Elsewhere, European authorities charge 15 Muslim men from another boat with murder seeing as how they threw 12 Christians overboard to drown when their boat was floundering in high seas. Crucify them.
- 2016 Saturday: The Afghan government continues repelling Taliban attacks on the city of Kunduz. Afghan and U.S. troops are keeping the jihadists at bay. Half a world away, Syria and ISIS continue doing battle with one another and many parts of the city of Aleppo are smoldering ruins. For every rocket attack, the Syrian government answers with airstrikes. Civilians are fleeing in all directions.
- 2017 Sunday: Dictatorial thug leader of Turkey- Recep Tayyip Erdogan- ‘wins’ approval for an 18-article constitutional reform which thrusts the nation ever deeper into totalitarianism. Elsewhere, due to the stupidity of Hamas and Fatah officials, the Gaza Strip’s ONLY power generating plants shuts down. It has run out of fuel, its bills have gone unpaid, many among the leadership have skimmed off fortunes from money given to the Palestinian Authority and all they can do is to blame it on the ‘blockade.’ Look, dimwits, the answer is simple: stop building tunnels into Israel and do something for your people. Period.
- 2018 Monday: Following a recent chemical weapons attack by the Syrian government on the town of Douma, critics are bellowing that the Russians have ‘covered up evidence at the crime scene’ to which, the Russians say, ‘not likely’ and that as soon as it’s safe there (as soon as they finish cleaning it up), they will allow a team from the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons to visit the area.
- 2019 Tuesday: While many of us love the Seattle Seahawks, there is no reason as to WHY the team made quarterback Russell Wilson the highest-paid QB in the game, giving him both a $65 million signing bonus as well as a four-year extension worth $140 million. The rest of the team is struggling so it appears Seattle is going down the path the Baltimore Ravens went with QB Joe Flacco. Where is Joe NOW? Elsewhere, President Donald J. Trump vetoes a bill demanding an end to U.S. support for the Saudi-led coalition fighting Iranian-backed Houthi scum in Yemen.
- 2020 Thursday: Jobless claims due to COVID-19, the Chinese gift to the world that won’t stop giving, come in at 5.2 million for the week. Total claims since social distancing and economic shutdown hit 22 million Americans out of work. This is all because of China. We must make them pay when we come to the end of the pandemic, which we hope is soon. Word continues to appear that demonstrate that the Wuhan Virus Crisis did indeed come out of a Chinese laboratory in the city of Wuhan where it just so happens the Chinese conduct biowarfare studies. Although they continue lying that the virus came from somewhere else, who can believe a single word a communist regime says? Communists always lie, it’s in their DNA which is why no one should take them at their word. COVID-19 Statistics: currently, there are 2,151,199 confirmed cases around the planet what with 1 confirmed cases around the planet what with 143,725 confirmed fatalities as well as 541,501 confirmed recoveries. In the United States, we have 672,931 confirmed cases with 34,386 confirmed deaths and 54,594 confirmed recoveries. The Chinese claim 84,593 confirmed cases, 3,342 confirmed deaths and 79,112 confirmed recoveries. Boy do the communists lie.
- 2020 Thursday A: The stock market today: the DOW Jones Industrial Average is 23,537.68, UP 33.33 (0.14%); the NASDAQ is 8,532.36, UP 139.19 (1.66%), and the S & P is 2,799.55, UP 16.19 (0.58%). President Trump lays out his plan for a gradual reopening of the economy and people are ecstatic. Meanwhile, authoritarian Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer and Congresswoman Debbie Dingell slander defenders of the U.S. Constitution who have protested the governor’s fascist executive orders by claiming the protesters were waving ‘Confederate and Swastika flags.’ Show us some pictures, please. Again, we say, “ANTIFA, WHERE THE F**K ARE YOU? YOU SHOULD BE IN MICHIGAN FIGHTING AGAINST THIS FASCIST GOVERNOR AND HER FELLOW DEMOCRATS!”
- 2021 Friday: COVID-19 STATISTICS FOR THE PLANET AS A WHOLE: 139,274,615 confirmed cases, +933,695, 2,989,590 confirmed deaths, +14,760, and 79,359,280 confirmed recoveries, +573,576. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 31,764,754 confirmed cases, UP 82,708 from yesterday’s reporting, 571,464 confirmed deaths, UP 933, and 119,018,094 confirmed recoveries. Note- we are going to do our own estimates of recoveries based on percentages seeing as how the CDC won’t report them.[ix] In other COVID-19, a recent report says that Regeneron’s Chi-Vi cocktail can help prevent COVID-19 infections.
- 2021 Friday A: NOTE: SINCE JOE BIDEN BECAME PRESIDENT ON JANUARY 20, 2021, THERE HAVE BEEN 244,572 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States- feeble old Joe, in another two to three weeks, you will have tied the total number witnessed by the Trump administration in nearly a year of the rampaging coronavirus pandemic. Meanwhile, people are questioning WHY if everyone is getting their shots why the hell people must continue wearing masks like that dimwitted little troll, the AMAZING Dr. Tony Fauci continues telling us to do. WTF is up with that?
- 2021 Friday B: COVID-19 STATISTICS in the four states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Florida, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 3,712,566 confirmed cases, 60,837 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Moving on, here are the numbers for Florida: 2,155,744 confirmed cases, 34,330 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s count). Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 31,337 confirmed cases, 473 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s count). Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 383,967 confirmed cases, 5,412 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s). Let us look at one other portion of the U.S., Arkansas, the home of future Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders: they have 332,949 confirmed cases, 5,686 confirmed deaths, but no mention of confirmed recoveries.[x]
- 2021 Friday C: Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 836,902 confirmed cases, 6,315 confirmed deaths, and 827,934 confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other country- Nepal, a country the Chi-Coms are trying to undermine and make a de facto piece of the RED EMPIRE: 282,890 cases of the virus, 3,070 confirmed deaths and 274,812 confirmed recoveries.[xi]
- 2021 Friday D: STOCK MARKET CLOSES/PRECIOUS AND RARE METALS: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 34,200.67, UP 164.68 points (+0.48%). Next, the NASDAQ: 14,052.34, UP 13.58 points (+0.97%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 4,185.47, UP 15.05 points (+0.36%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $63.07 per barrel, -0.06 (-0.10%). The price of GOLD is $1,777.30 per troy oz., -2.90 (-0.16%) while the price of SILVER is $26.04 per troy ounce, -0.04 (-0.25%). The price of PLATINUM is $1,206.00 per troy oz, -2.70 (-0.22%) while the price of COPPER is $4.16 per pound, -0.00 (-0.08%).[xii] The price of PALLADIUM is $2,777.50 per troy oz, +36.77 (+1.34%).[xiii] The price of RHODIUM is $28,600.00 per troy oz., +500.00 (+1.78%).[xiv] Currently, Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000016. As for Chi-Com money, one-dollar U.S. = 6.52 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.83 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 19.91. In Gibraltar pounds, one greenback equals 0.72860 and in Guatemalan Quetzal, a buck equals 7.72.[xv]
- 2021 Friday E: U.S. NATIONAL DEBT AND GASOLINE PRICES IN THE THREE STATES IN WHICH WE HAVE CHEF-AUTHORS- Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising by the day- in California, gasoline prices have risen to over $3.953 per gallon, $2.833 in Florida, $3.748 in Hawaii, and $3.352 in Washington state.[xvi] Let’s look at one other location- Illinois: $3.080. Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $28,178,345,152,208 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but flipping TRILLIONS.[xvii] Cloward and Piven causing problems like they always do.
- 2021 Friday F: GUNS, GUNS, GUNS- You know folks, last night, 19-year-old Brandon Scott Hole went into the FedEx facility at the Indianapolis, Indiana, airport, shot and killed 8 people, wounded several others, and then took his own life. His mother reportedly warned the cops last year that her son might try to go out via suicide by cop. This is a tragedy for all involved but here’s the deal: since Joe Biden has become president, there have been more mass shootings than there were under the last two years of President Donald J. Trump what with 30 dead so far this month alone. This tells us that the rhetoric used by feeble old Joe Biden and his Democratic Party henchmen-and-women is driving the nuts to go berserk, shooting, and killing and maiming innocent people. It is clear many fear they are going to lose their weapons and since they have unfinished business, are going to act on it NOW. Stop with all the HATE SPEECH, Joe, enough is enough. (Note- the cops in Indianapolis say they are searching for a motive. What the hell! Mr. Hole wanted to die and he had some people with whom he wanted to settle scores. Period).
- 2021 Friday G: BULLS**T POLL OF THE DAY- a recent PEW Poll says that Joe Biden’s approval rating stands at 59-percent. Please. This nothing but crap. Speaking of Joe Biden, Senator Ron Johnson, R-WI, says, that ‘Joe Biden is not up to the task at hand, especially the Chi-Coms who are our biggest threat and someone we should have nuked back in 1951. In other Joe Biden news, he is holding his first meeting with another foreign leader, Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga of Japan, at the White House today. We wonder who is speaking for him. Anyhow, the two leaders agree that the Taiwan Strait must remain stable.
- 2021 Friday H: JOE BIDEN’S BORDER CATASTROPHE- common sense people are beginning to ask WTF we shut our country down over the Chi-Com virus when hundreds of thousands of people continue swamping across our border and disappearing into the interior of the country? If the federal government could give a flying f**k about how many of the invaders have COVID-19, then why should anyone else? Speaking of the border crisis, President George W. Bush- an ‘esteemed former president’ if one ever existed (yeah, right) says he supports immigration reform but not amnesty. George, we feel the same way about you as we do Jimmy Carter. When either one of you dimwits says anything, we quickly move onto something else.
- 2021 Friday I: JOE BIDEN REFUGEE NEWS- House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi, the dumb b***h who slurs her words bad enough already but with a mask strapped over her pie hole makes it even more difficult to understand what the hell she is saying chided Joe Biden on not taking in enough refugees. Oh, please, Nance, please Joe, bring in some more winners like Ilhan “Allah Akbar” Omar, like the Syrian shooter in Boulder, Colorado, like the Boston bombers, please, bring in some more of those America-hating POS, we need more of them ASAP. Meanwhile, Joe Biden moves to placate our European allies and says he will remove Trump-era caps on the number of refugees our country accepts in. That truly sucks.
- 2021 Friday J: POLITICAL NEWS I- Someone said Chelsea “The Genius” Clinton may run for Congress. Good God Almighty, please say it ain’t so. She is as stupid as is the Fly, aka Baby Evita, aka Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, she with her Boston College economics degree. Then again, she would fit right in with all the dimwitted Democrats serving in Congress already like Hank “Flat Top” Johnson, DS-GA 4th congressional district, and Congresswoman Sheila “Putty Puss” Jackson Lee, DS-TX 18th congressional district, and Congressman ‘Mr.’ James “Influence” Clyburn, DS-SC 6th congressional district, she would fit right in.
- 2021 Friday K: POLITICAL NEWS II- Glenn Beck said today on his radio show that in the cities where Black Lives Matter protesters ran amok raping, pillaging, looting, robbing, and beating, there were a combined total of more than 6,000 additional homicides. Coincidence? We think not. They are not a peace-loving group; they are fascist black-and-brown-shirted thugs in need of eradication. Elsewhere, in other political news, Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-GA 14th congressional district, has challenged the highly cerebral Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, DS-NY 14th congressional district to a debate on the Green New Deal. Now, we would pay handsomely to get ringside seats to see this duel to the death, MTG doing battle with the Fly on pay-per-view-TV. Sign us up now.
- 2021 Friday L: POLITICAL NEWS III- In other political news, we learn that the director for the new Black Panther sequel is NOT going to follow his WOKE liberal comrades and boycott Georgia. Good. ‘WOKE’ will go away when people pay it NO attention. None of us are going to NFL, NBA, or MLB games ever again nor are we going to buy Coca-Cola® products, Nike® sportswear, or any of the other crap that is boycotting everything. We are not going to go see movies, we do not have to see how stupid we are, how great the Chi-Coms and perverts are, enough is enough. Elsewhere, the great state of Florida passes an anti-riot bill. About time someone does. Look, government’s number one job is this: protecting the lives of its citizens and their property. Plain, simple, and easy for the stupid to understand. Once you raise an arm to throw a Molotov cocktail, you get shot. Once you throw bricks and don’t stop when you are told to stop, you get shot. Once you start looting, you are eligible to get shot. This is the way it always was and should be again.
- 2021 Friday M: 2020 ELECTION NEWS- reports continue to arise that the number one person behind the changed election laws in numerous states and in the subsequent theft of the election from President Donald J. Trump is Bill and Hillary Clinton’s number one hired thug, attorney Mark Elias. A partner at Perkins Cole, he is the head of their ‘political law’ department and this man- if we are to believe what we are now learning- is the number one operative behind the stolen election and the subsequent cover-ups of the theft. In all states where election information has already been trashed, those states should have to hold another election at their expense.
- 2021 Friday N: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS I- We learn that Hunter Biden’s NEW book in which he talks about smoking crack, banging teenaged whores, and doing all sorts of other evil and disgusting stuff has sold a whopping 10,638 books in its first week. According to Bill O’Reilly, this is ‘crap’ seeing as how Bill’s new book, “Killing the Mob” has already sold 60,000 copies and is not even on the shelves of bookstores yet. In other news, people are lamenting the 13-year-old boy who was shot dead in Chicago the other night by a cop. Adam Toledo, aka Lil Homicide and Baby Diablo was gangbanging with his buds at 2:30 in the morning, running around with a loaded gun, shot at cops, then ran away and dumped the gun just as the cops rolled up and got shot. YOU don’t want to get shot, don’t be banging, don’t be shooting at cops, and don’t be running around in the middle of the night. Period. We shed no tears. Next, Raul Castro, dictator of Cuba, says yes indeed, he is going to resign. Wow.
- 2021 Friday O: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS II- U.S. Interior Secretary Debra Haaland, the first Norwegian-Native American to hold the job, is dumping Trump era rules concerning the fossil fuel industry’s rights on public lands. Apparently, oil and gas companies will no longer be able to drill for vital national resources leaving us dependent upon OPEC, Russia, and other Third World producers of energy. This makes no sense. Next, conservative House Republicans are forming the ‘America First Caucus,’ a group to continue the legacy of President Donald J. Trump. Next, Minneapolis public schools are hurriedly switching over to online learning as the city (and the country) braces for the verdict in the murder trial of Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin. Finally, the mother of slain EMT Breonna Taylor- Tamika Palmer- slams both State Representative Attica Scott, D-Louisville, and BLM, labeling both of them as ‘frauds’ in the aftermath of the shooting death of her daughter. According to Ms. Palmer, she watched the TWO raise money off the death of Breonna without doing a damned thing to help her family. Wow. We understand.
- 2021 Friday P: Here are the numbers for tonight’s Mega Millions Draw #1651: 17, 27, 28, 50, 55, and Mega 25. Out of 105,680 winning tickets, the highest winners were 64 people who had four numbers for a prize of $496 apiece.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0436 a 40” x 60” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Day is Done It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
If there is one thing the Brits have for which Americans yearn are BBC releases. We have nothing that approximates the Beeb so it’s always a joy when one of our beloved British bands releases a comprehensive collection of a band such as UFO. Here we have an amazing archival release, “On Air- Live at the BBC” which came out on February 21, 2013 and features glorious renditions of the band’s best work recorded under stellar circumstances. Yes, you get the crème de la crème of the band’s most prolific years, running from 1974 to 1985 or so. We hope you will seek this one out and consider making it a part of your listening pleasure. You will be glad you did.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 04-16-2021, all rights reserved. Total Word Count: 5,768.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, “Lonesome” Dave Peverett, Savoy Brown, Foghat, Chicago, Jason Scheff, Skip Spence, The Jefferson Airplane, Moby Grape, Roxy Music, Graham Simpson, Uriah Heep, Lee Kerslake, Just the Facts, Ashcroft v. Free Speech Coalition, U.S. Secretary of State Anthony Blinken, Joe Biden, Democratic Party Politics, Guns-Guns-Guns, House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi, Congressman Ilhan “Allah Akbar” Omar, Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Congressman Hank “Flat Top” Johnson, Congresswoman Sheila “Putty Puss” Jackson Lee, Congressman James “Influence” Clyburn, Chelsea “The Genius” Clinton, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Mark Elias, Perkins Cole, Hunter Biden, U.S. Interior Secretary Debra Haaland, President Donald J. Trump, Senator Ron Johnson, Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, President George W. Bush, Bill O’Reilly, Japan, Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga, Cuba, Raul Castro, 2020 Presidential Election, COVID-19 Global and U.S. Statistics, U.S. Stock Markets, U.S. National Debt, U.S. National Gasoline Prices, DOW Jones Industrial Average, S & P 500, NASDAQ, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper, Palladium, Rhodium, Precious and Rare Metals, Light Sweet Crude Oil, Chi-Com U.S. Monetary Conversions, Gibraltar Pound, Guatemalan Quetzal, Bitcoin, Chi-Com Yuan, European Euro, Mexican Peso, California Lottery Results, California Lottery, Mega Millions, Mega Millions Draw #1651, UFO, Kilgore Randalini,
TODAY IN HISTORY, FRIDAY APRIL 16, 2021 #3,867
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Friday, April 16, 2021:
[i] We promoted the music of the greatest blues-rock-British-boogie band, Savoy Brown, beginning on Friday, 28-January-2011 through Monday, 28-February-2011. Kim Simmonds is one of the greatest guitarists of all time along with “Lonesome Dave” who ranks amongst the best rhythm guitarists and rock vocalists ever which is why everyone should check the music of this fabulous band out ASAP.
[ii] We began promoting the music of Foghat, one of the all-time greatest rock bands to explode out of England, beginning on Monday, 18-February-2018 through Monday, 19-March-2018. We hope you will seek the music of this celebrated group out by checking out the blog posts on those dates.
[iii] Not sure as to when we will get around to doing the music of Uriah Heep but we hope to do it at the same time we promote the music of Hawkwind. We hope you will remain alert as to the day that we do.
[iv] As always, our main source is “The Last Valley” by Martin Windrow, Da Capo Press, 2004.
[v] We will present the music of Chicago- and its various members’ solo careers- sometime in 2030 so we hope you will remain with us until then.
[vi] We promoted the music of the Jefferson Airplane, the Jefferson Starship, Starship, and of the various bands’ members beginning on Tuesday, 05-April-2011 through Sunday, 22-May-2011. Please look for them and enjoy.
[vii] We promoted the music of the famed San Francisco, California, rock band, Moby Grape, on Monday, 09-April-2012 through Monday, 23-April-2012. We hope you will seek them out and add them to your collection.
[viii] We promoted the music of Roxy Music, as well as its three principal members- Bryan Ferry, Phil Manzanera, and Andy Mackay- beginning on Wednesday, 05-February-2020, through Sunday, 19-April-2020.
[x] Speaking of the decision to flip the game from Atlanta to Denver, we learned today that unsavory people like Stacey Abrams and the big dimwit, the pro-Chi-Com-loving LeBron James were integral in getting the game moved. How outrageous. How evil. Scumbags.
[xii] Commodities – Oil, Silver and Gold Prices – CNN Business– see this site for daily commodity information.
[xiii] Palladium PRICE Today | Palladium Spot Price Chart | Live Price of Palladium per Ounce | Markets Insider (businessinsider.com) See this site for daily trading in palladium.
[xiv] Commodities Prices – Spot – Futures (tradingeconomics.com) See this site for much of the economic information cobbled together at this blog.
[xvii] U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE THANK EVERYONE FOR JOINING US AT WORDPRESS.COM AND FOR AIDING US IN CONTINUING TO DO THE WORK WE TOOK UPON OURSELVES MORE THAN A DECADE