TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
SPRING SESSION 2022
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 165
161. TODAY IN HISTORY—FRIDAY, JUNE 10, 2022:
King Kamehameha Day Observed (Hawaii)
U.S. Supreme Court Associate (and Chief) Justice Charles Evans Hughes; U.S. Attorneys General Caesar Augustus Rodney and Richard Olney; U.S. Secretary of State Richard Olney; U.S. Transportation Secretary Samuel K. Skinner; U.S. Treasury Secretary Donald Regan; U.S. Secretaries of War William Eustis and James Barbour; Big Brother and the Holding Company featuring Janis Joplin, Howlin’ Wolf, It’s a Beautiful Day featuring Tom Fowler, The Move featuring Rick Price, Ray Charles, Richard Thompson Band featuring Mickey Curry, “12 x 5” by the Rolling Stones, Smashing Pumpkins featuring Jimmy Chamberlin, and Traffic featuring Barry Beckett:
- 1540 Monday: British troops arrest Thomas Cromwell at Westminster Abbey.
- 1610 Thursday: First Dutch settlers arrive from New Jersey to settle on Manhattan Island.
- 1692 Tuesday: The first official execution resulting from the Salem Witch Trials in Massachusetts took place as authorities hanged Bridget Bishop.
- 1753 Sunday: In Cambridge, Massachusetts, future 6th U.S. Secretary of War William Eustis is born. A Democratic-Republican, he served under President James Madison from March 07, 1809, to January 13, 1813.
- 1760 Tuesday: New York passes the first effective law regulating the practice of medicine.
- 1775 Saturday: In Barboursville, Va., future 11th U.S. Secretary of War James Barbour is born. A Democratic-Republican, then National Republican, and then a Whig, Barbour served under President John Quincy Adams from March 07, 1825, to May 23, 1828, and then became U.S. Minister to England.
- 1776 Monday: The Continental Congress appoints a committee to draft the Declaration of Independence.
- 1793 Monday: The first public zoo opens in Paris, France. Meanwhile, Washington, D.C. replaces Philadelphia as the capital of the U.S.
- 1801 Wednesday: The sultan of Tripoli declares war on the United States for refusing to pay them tribute. The dispute between the Muslim jihadists and the Americans was over the jihadis attacking merchant shipping, capturing ships, and enslaving American sailors. Eventually, President Thomas Jefferson would send United States Marines to whoop ass on the Muslims.
- 1824 Thursday: In Buenos Aires, Argentina, the 6th U.S. Attorney-General Caesar Augustus Rodney died at age 52. A Democratic-Republican, he served under Presidents Thomas Jefferson and James Madison from 01-20-1807 to 12-05-1811.
- 1826 Saturday: Turkish Sultan Mahmud II’s Janissaries rebel killing more than 20,000 people across the capital city.
- 1847 Thursday: The Chicago Tribune begins publication.
- 1850 Monday: Millard Fillmore takes the oath of office as president of the United States, replacing Zachary Taylor.
- 1854 Saturday: The U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland, holds its first graduation ceremony.
- 1861 Friday: During the Civil War, Confederate forces routed Union soldiers in the Battle of Big Bethel in Virginia.
- 1892 Friday: The Republican national convention in Minneapolis nominated President Benjamin Harrison for reelection and Whitelaw Reid for vice president. Harrison, however, lost the election to former President Grover Cleveland.
- 1895 Monday: The 34th U.S. Secretary of State Richard Olney assumed his post on this date. A Democrat, he served under President Grover Cleveland from today until March 05, 1897. Prior to this, he served the country as its 40th U.S. Attorney General. In this capacity, he served under President Grover Cleveland from March 06,1893 until today.
- 1898 Friday: During the Spanish-American War, U.S. troops begin landing in Cuba at Guantanamo Bay to assist the rebels in their fight against the Spaniards. Hostilities last for about a month, ending Spanish colonialism in the Western Hemisphere.
- 1902 Tuesday: Americus F. Callahan received a U.S. patent for the “outlook” or “see-through” envelope
- 1903 Wednesday: Binney & Smith Company began the development of a product line of wax crayons. They named the product, “Crayola.”
- 1907 Monday: Eleven men in five cars set out from the French embassy in Beijing on a race to Paris. Two months later, the Prince Scipione Borghese of Italy crossed the finish line being the first to arrive in Paris, France.
- 1909 Thursday: The Cunard liner SS Slavonia used the SOS distress signal for the first time in maritime history when it wrecked off the coast of the Azores.
- 1910 Friday: Future blues man, Howlin’ Wolf, is born in Mississippi on this date. This man would have a stellar career for many years, ‘howlin’ the blues’ for fans of all color. We hope to do the music of the legend one day.
- 1915 Thursday: During World War I, British and French troops conquer the German colony of Cameroon.
- 1916 Saturday: During World War I, the Great Arab Revolt against the Ottoman Empire breaks out across Arabia. Elsewhere, the 62nd U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Charles Evans Hughes stepped down from the high court on this date. President William Howard Taft nominated Hughes to fill the seat of Associate Justice David Josiah Brewer. A Republican, Hughes served from October 10, 1910, until today. Later, he would be called back to service. In this capacity, he would serve the nation as its 11th U.S. Supreme Court chief justice. President Herbert Hoover would nominate Hughes to fill the seat of Chief Justice William Howard Taft. As chief justice, he would serve from February 24, 1930, until June 30, 1941.
- 1920 Thursday: The Republican National Convention in Chicago endorsed women’s suffrage.
- 1921 Friday: President Warren G. Harding signed into law the Budget and Accounting Act, which created the Bureau of the Budget and the General Accounting Office.
- 1922 Saturday: Singer-actress Judy Garland was born Frances Ethel Gumm in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
- 1924 Tuesday: The first political convention broadcast on radio did so on this day as the Republican National Convention went live on the air thanks to NBC Broadcasting.
- 1925 Wednesday: The state of Tennessee adopted a new biology textbook that denied the theory of evolution.
- 1933 Saturday: On a rural road in north Texas, outlaw bank robbers Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow found themselves involved in a car crash that would give Ms. Parker third-degree burns causing her to limp for the remainder of her short life.
- 1934 Sunday: English composer Frederick Delius, 72, died in Grez-sur-Loing, France.
- 1935 Monday: In Akron, Ohio, Dr. Robert Holbrook Smith, and William Griffith Wilson founded Alcoholics Anonymous.
- 1938 Thursday: In Chicago, Illinois, future 10th U.S. Transportation Secretary Samuel K. Skinner is born. A future Republican, he would serve under President George H.W. Bush from February 06, 1989, to December 15, 1991.
- 1940 Monday: Italy declared war on France and Britain; Canada declared war on Italy while Norway surrenders to the Nazis.
- 1942 Wednesday: During World War II, German forces massacred 173 male residents of Lidice, Czechoslovakia, in retaliation for the killing of Nazi official Reinhardt Heydrich.
- 1943 Thursday: Hungarian journalist Laszio Biro patented his ballpoint pen on this date. Meanwhile, the Allies began bombing Germany around the clock during World War II.
- 1944 Saturday: Future bassist/vocalist with the British rock band, the Move[i]—Rick Price—is born in Birmingham, England, on this date. Elsewhere, 15-year-old, 10 months, and 11 days, Major League baseball pitcher, the youngest ever—Joe Nuxhall—pitched his first game. Finally, during World War II, German forces massacred 642 residents of the French village of Oradour-sur-Glane in retaliation for aiding the Allies.
- 1948 Thursday: In the Bell XS-1, test pilot Chuck Yeager exceeded the speed of sound on this date.
- 1951 Sunday: Tom Fowler, guitarist with the San Francisco rock band, It’s a Beautiful Day[ii], the Mothers[iii], and with Frank Zappa[iv], was born in Salt Lake City, Utah, on this date.
- 1954 Thursday: General Motors announced that it had successfully tested a gas turbine bus on this date.
- 1956 Sunday: In New Haven, Connecticut, future drummer with the Richard Thompson Band as well as numerous others- Mickey Curry- is born on this date. He would also play with the likes of Bryan Adams, Hall & Oates, the Cult, Alice Cooper, and others.
- 1957 Monday: In Canadian elections, John Diefenbaker led the Progressive Conservatives to an upset victory over the Liberal Party of Prime Minister Louis St. Laurent.
- 1964 Wednesday: The Rolling Stones[v] record their second album, “12 x 5” at Chess Studios in Chicago, Illinois. Next, in Joliet, Illinois, future drummer with Smashing Pumpkins Jimmy Chamberlin is born. Meanwhile, the U.S. Senate breaks a 75-day filibuster against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, leading to the bill’s passage. Folks- it’s important to understand that segregationist Southern Democrats were the ones filibustering a CIVIL RIGHTS BILL- NOT Republicans.
- 1966 Friday: Janis Joplin appears with Big Brother and the Holding Company[vi] at the Avalon Ballroom in San Francisco, California, for the first time.
- 1967 Saturday: The Six Day War ended as Israel and Syria agreed to observe a United Nations -mediated ceasefire.
- 1971 Thursday: President Richard M. Nixon lifted a two-decades-old trade embargo on China[vii]. Elsewhere, at the Sahara Tahoe in Stateline, Nevada, Earnie Shavers scores a KO over his opponent, Chuck Leslie, at the 1:15 minute mark of the 10th round of a scheduled 10-round heavyweight bout. With the victory, Shavers record went to 26-2.
- 1977 Friday: The Apple II, one of the first personal computers, goes on sale on this date. Elsewhere, James Earl Ray, convicted assassin of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., escaped from Brushy Mountain State Prison in Tennessee with six others; the authorities recaptured him on June 13.
- 1978 Saturday: Affirmed, ridden by Steve Cauthen, won the 110th Belmont Stakes to claim horse racing’s 11th Triple Crown with Alydar coming in second and Darby Creek Road coming in third in a five-horse field.
- 1983 Friday: Johnny Bench announced his plans to retire, having been a catcher in the Major Leagues for 16 years. We now see Mr. Bench in various television commercials.
- 1984 Sunday: The U.S. Army successfully tested an anti-ballistic missile on this date. Look out Soviet Union! Elsewhere, the United States and Vatican City established full diplomatic relations for the first time in 117 years.
- 1985 Monday: A jury in Providence, R.I., acquitted Socialite Claus von Bulow at his retrial on charges that he had tried to murder his heiress wife, Martha “Sunny” von Bulow.
- 1990 Sunday: Two members of the rap group 2 Live Crew underwent arrest in Hollywood, Florida; however, they and a third member of the band were acquitted of obscenity charges at trial.
- 1996 Monday: In the NHL Stanley Cup Finals, the Colorado Avalanche sweeps the Florida Panthers 4 game to 0.
- 1997 Tuesday: Before fleeing his stronghold in northern Cambodia, Khmer Rouge Leader Pol Pot orders the killing of his defense chief, Son Sen, and 11 of Sen’s family members.
- 2000 Saturday: In the NHL Stanley Cup Finals, the New Jersey Devils beat The Dallas Stars 4 games to 2.
- 2003 Tuesday: A rocket bearing the Spirit rover launches from Florida, beginning NASA’s Mars Expedition Rover mission. Meanwhile, in Williamsburg, Virginia, former 66th U.S. Treasury Secretary Donald Regan died at age 84. A Republican, he served under President Ronald Reagan from January 22, 1981, to February 01, 1985.
- 2004 Thursday: Singer-musician Ray Charles[viii], known for such hits as “What’d I Say,” “Georgia on my Mind,” and “I Can’t Stop Loving You,” died in Beverly Hills at age 73.
- 2008 Tuesday: A Sudanese jetliner skidded off a runway and crashed into airport lights after landing in Khartoum, killing 30 of the 214 people aboard.
- 2009 Wednesday: In Hendersonville, Tennessee, Barry Beckett, American keyboardist who played with the English rock band, Traffic[ix], died on this date from natural causes; he was 66.
- 2011 Friday: A report submitted to the United Nations states that reliable sources have caught Iran red-handed attempting to transfer weaponry to terrorists including Hamas and the Taliban 10 times.
- 2012 Sunday: After violent clashes between Buddhists and Muslims break out in western Burma, the government declares a state of emergency.
- 2013 Monday: In Sanford, Florida, jury selection began in the trial of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, charged with second degree murder in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. A jury later acquitted him, which lead to more racial division and problems between whites and minority citizens.
- 2018 Sunday: While driving near Los Angeles, California, actor Vince Vaughn is stopped by the cops for erratic driving and then gets into a tussle with them. He is booked for driving while drunk and for resisting arrest.
- 2020 Wednesday: The left continues running amok across the United States thanks to the collusion between the Democratic Party and their communist masters in Beijing. Statues are being torn down, Antifa is taking over six-block swaths of Seattle and declaring their own independent totalitarian fiefdom. It will soon be time for the military to take to the streets and to begin cleaning up this low-life, socialist pond scum. Light ‘em up, President Trump, light ‘em up!
- 2020 Wednesday A: Speaking of Democratic Party and communist China collusion, here are the COVID-19 stats for today: 7,350,698 confirmed cases, 415,277 confirmed deaths, and 3,447,918 confirmed recoveries. In the United States, here are the numbers of the Xi Jinping Bat Flu: 2,039,430 confirmed cases, 114,452 confirmed deaths, and 606,388 confirmed recoveries. In the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day has chef-bloggers, California, Hawaii, and Washington, here are the stats, Golden State first: 136,191 confirmed cases, 4,776 confirmed deaths, but due to Democrat politics, NO mention of confirmed recoveries. Next, in Hawaii, here are the stats: 682 confirmed cases, 17 confirmed deaths, and 621 confirmed recoveries. In the socialist paradise of Washington, here are the stats: 24,354 confirmed cases, 1,176 confirmed deaths, but sadly, like California, no mention of confirmed recoveries.
- 2021 Thursday: COVID-19 Statistics for the Planet as a Whole: 175,586,755 confirmed cases, +416,835, 3,787,486 confirmed deaths, +10,675 and 159,439,774 confirmed recoveries, +65,306. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 34,272,690 confirmed cases, UP 11,767 from yesterday’s reporting, 613,861 confirmed deaths, UP 463,[x] and 28,275,533 confirmed recoveries, UP 54,670. We genuinely appreciate COVID Live Update World Meter for being honest in covering ALL the numbers- God bless them.[xi]
- 2021 Thursday A: Joe Biden to Donald J. Trump COVID-19 Deaths– Note: since Joe Biden became president on January 20, 2021, there have been 295,954 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States- feeble old Joe, by the end of the year, you will have tied the total number witnessed by the Trump administration in nearly a year of the rampaging coronavirus pandemic. Under President Trump’s watch, there were 404,078 fatalities from the Chi-Com Bat Virus. Currently, Joe is shy 163,695 deaths
- 2021 Thursday B: COVID-19 Statistics in the four states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Florida, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 3,800,033 confirmed cases, 63,115 confirmed deaths, and 2,063,377 confirmed recoveries. Moving on, here are the numbers for Florida: 2,329,867 confirmed cases, 36,973 confirmed deaths, and 1,970,341 confirmed recoveries (same as the past week). Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 36,731 confirmed cases, 505 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s count). Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 444,615 confirmed cases, 5,840 confirmed deaths, and 219,172 confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other portion of the U.S., Maryland, a border state that kept its SLAVES until the end of the Civil War: they have 460,984 confirmed cases, 9,667 confirmed deaths, and 10,753 confirmed recoveries.[xii]
- 2021 Thursday C: Foreign COVID Stats of the Day– Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 839,630 confirmed cases, 6,428 confirmed deaths, and 832,997 confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s figures). Let’s look at one other country- Ivory Coast, 112th country on the list: 47,547 cases of the virus, 306 confirmed deaths and 47,061 confirmed recoveries.[xiii]
- 2021 Thursday D: Stock Market Closes/Precious and Rare Metals: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 34,466.24, UP 19.10 points (+0.055%). Next, the NASDAQ: 13,020.30, UP 108.58 points (+0.78%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 4,239.18, UP +19.63 points (+0.47%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $70.18 per barrel, -0.12 (-0.17%). The price of GOLD is $1,900.70 per troy oz., +4.40 (+0.23%) while the price of SILVER is $28.11 per troy ounce, +0.07 (+0.28%). The price of PLATINUM is $1,152.70 per troy oz, +6.70 (+0.58%) while the price of COPPER is $4.49 per pound, 0.00 (+0.07%).[xiv] The price of PALLADIUM is $2,770.48 per troy oz, -5.83 (-0.21%).[xv] The price of RHODIUM is $21,350.00 per troy oz., -400.00 (-1.84%). The price of NEODYMIUM is $602,500.00 per troy oz., 0.00 (-0.00%). [xvi] Currently, Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000027. As for Chi-Com money, one-dollar U.S. = 6.39 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.82 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 19.69. In Indonesian Rupiah, one greenback equals 14,245.00 and in Iranian Rial, a buck equals 42,000.00 and in Iraqi Dinar, one dollar equals 1,458.00 of theirs.[xvii]
- 2021 Thursday E: U.S. National Debt and Gasoline Prices in the Four States in which we have Chef-Authors– Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising by the day and NOTE- these prices are sans TAXES- in California, gasoline prices have risen to over $4.223 per gallon, $2.973 in Florida, $3.969 in Hawaii, and $3.611 in Washington state.[xviii] Let’s look at one other location- Kentucky: $2.917. We are going to do something else that could be fun- gasoline prices around the world going from cheapest to highest. The next country on the list has the next lowest gasoline price in the world- Bhutan: $3.559 per U.S. Gallon.[xix] Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $28,390,758,451,670 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but flipping TRILLIONS.[xx] Cloward and Piven causing problems like they always do which is not good- those two bastards should have been given public lashings. As for holders of U.S. debt, after Switzerland, the next largest holder of U.S. debt is Belgium (imagine that!) with $253 billion of U.S. national debt.[xxi]
- 2021 Thursday F: Joe Biden’s Border Catastrophe– The president of Guatemala- Alejandro Giammattei – blames the Biden regime for the crisis at the southern border and not his country or its people. Next, Governor Greg Abbott, R-TX, is hosting a border crisis summit today in the Lone Star State. Speaking of the disaster, Newsmax reports that millions of illegal aliens could pour across the southern border, a statement confirmed by former Acting Customs and Border Patrol Commissioner Mark Morgan. Rep. Darrell Issa, R-CA 50th congressional district, has offered a formal invitation to “Kooky Kamala” Harris to visit the California-Mexico border as his guest.
- 2021 Thursday G: Foreign News / Overseas News– Iran is growing bolder in its demands to rejoin the failed nuclear deal, the JCPOA. Elsewhere, the French man who slapped President Emanuel Macron gets a four-month stretch in the hoosegow. (Note- in the U.S., he might have languished in the jail for 6-7 years before his trial would finally occur in the courts. Then, he might wait anywhere from 6-24 months before receiving sentence. Maybe we should speed up our courts like the French model?) Meanwhile, if Benjamin Netanyahu is ousted from Israeli politics, it could end up hurting relations between American evangelicals and the Jewish state. Next, the Chi-Coms liken the hysteria over the origins of the Chi-Vi to the one swirling around ‘weapons of mass destruction and Iraq.’ Elsewhere, Senator Marco Rubio, R-FL, says that ‘Venezuela must turn back’ the two Iranian vessels on the way to dock in that criminal regime.
- 2021 Thursday H: COVID-19 Updates and Additional Information– Senator Rand Paul, R-KY, is raising new questions about Dr. “Phony Tony” Fauci’s ‘advice’ to ‘follow the science.’ It is clear that the “Mighty Mite” is no longer a practitioner of science so much as he is a political hack working on behalf of the left. Senator Lindsey Graham, R-SC, says that the probe into the Chi-Com Bat Virus’ origins is much like the Trump-Russian Collusion probe meaning to us, it’s a political show with no real outcome expected. Next, Moderna files for emergency use of its Xi Jinping Bat Flu vaccine for use in minors, ages 12-17. However, stunning information continues to bubble up regarding the use of the Chi-Vi vaccines in young people and the accompanying rates of serious symptoms including those of myocarditis or inflammation of the heart muscle. Yet, the Biden regime continues pushing these vaccines onto every American like the Reverend Jim Jones pushed cups of Kool-Aid onto his followers down in Jonestown, Guyana. Friends, may we be so bold as to say what most of us think? We believe this is social engineering at its worst. We believe the more people that die around the globe, say, maybe 1-2 billion, that will do the global warming lovers good in cutting down the human population on the planet, something they have been hard at work accomplishing via abortion, rising crime rates, a polluted environment, increased fear, and now ‘vaccines for a lab-engineered virus in…frigging communist China?’ F*** this, NONE of us are going to take this vaccination. (Note- now that we know hydroxychloroquine increases one’s chances of surviving this crap by 200-percent and it’s cheap, then WTF?)
- 2021 Thursday I: Voting Integrity / Fraudulent and Stolen Election News– The Arizona state senate is prepared for whatever the results from the 2020 Election are. From press conferences, we already know there are loads of problems. Likewise, election officials in Fulton County, Georgia, are preparing to depose some of the corrupt election officials that scanned, re-scanned, and re-re-scanned stacks of ballots after sending everyone else home for the night. We suspect once the scumbags begin facing prison time, they will begin flipping on one another. What will the FAKE NEWS MEDIA say then?
- 2021 Thursday J: Joe Biden News– Questions continue to arise as to WHY Faux First Lady Dr. Jill Biden spent nearly 20-25 minutes ‘introducing hubby ‘Cho-Mo Joe’ to U.S. military in Great Britain yesterday. We brought that up yesterday- is she akin to Edith Bolling Galt, President Woodrow Wilson’s wife, who ran the show while her husband was incapacitated by a debilitating stroke? Everyone knows the drooler-in-chief is not all there.
- 2021 Thursday K: Political News I– Fox News heir James Murdoch spent $20 million opposing President Donald J. Trump by donating to Joe Biden and other progressive candidates. Elsewhere, George P. Bush- in yet another incredible show of brown-nosing on his behalf- says that President Donald J. Trump remains the center of the GOP universe. Daddy Jeb Bush must be upset.
- 2021 Thursday L: Business News– Rising inflation is driving up the costs of everything. Millennials have no clue as to what inflation is or worse, stagflation, should that economic malady fall atop the country.
- 2021 Thursday M: Joe Biden Regime News I– Senator John Thune, R-ND, blasts Joe Biden over the weakness being displayed at the G7 Summit.
- 2021 Thursday N: Wokeism / Woke / Wokies– Amazon.com defends its decision to sell the now-infamous “Blue Lives Murder” merchandise at its site. Shame on them. Meanwhile, Newsmax reports on a psychoanalyst by the name of Donald Moss who says that ‘whiteness is parasitic’ and the POS is WHITE. Ah, all the LOSERS are jumping aboard the anti-white train. Like the Nazis had the Jews, so, too, do the Democrats have WHITE people. The time is NOW to stomp out this insanity. NOW. Vote out every Democrat and send them to reeducation camps.
- 2021 Thursday O: Social Media News and Big Tech News– Instagram fact checks satirical posts about Dr. “Phony Tony” Fauci. It would appear that they are forcing users to either edit or to delete posts critical of the “Mighty Mite.” Meanwhile, some sort of ad campaign is targeting workers at Facebook with the intention of preventing President Donald J. Trump from EVER being on the platform again. In other social media news, the U.S. State Department is attacking Nigeria’s ban on Twitter following Twitter shutting down the account of President Muhammadu Buhari. Once again, the Biden regime is on the wrong side of the argument.
- 2021 Thursday P: Health And Medical Alerts– Patients are hopeful to receive Biogen’s new Alzheimer’s drug, even though it costs $56,000 per year and very few insurances will cover the costs. Add to that the fact that we know little to nothing about its side effects and it would appear we have a crapshoot on our hands. Still, if it can help people like the ‘drooler-in-chief Joe Biden, House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi, and the fossilized Senator Dianne Feinstein, then we can watch what happens to them. Meanwhile, news reports say Medicare Copays for the new Alzheimer’s disease drug could reach $11,500 per year. Remember: the new drug is projected to cost $56,000 per year.
- 2021 Thursday Q: War on Terror News / Terrorism News / Jihad News– The U.S. is considering launching airstrikes in support of its Afghan allies even as the United States continues its withdrawal from that war-torn country. Meanwhile, Rep. Ilhan “Allah Akbar” Omar, CPUSA-MN 5th congressional district, finds herself in hot water once again over her anti-Israel and pro-Hamas babblings. (Note- the question is, is Omar as stupid as Sandy “The Fly” Cortez is or is she even lower IQ than the extremely low IQ leader of the (Suicide) Squad? This bitch must be removed from Congress ASAP).
- 2021 Thursday R: U.S. House of Representatives News– House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-CA 23rd congressional district, says that ‘Joe Biden cares more about Russian jobs than he does American ones.’ And they said that President Donald J. Trump was a Russian stooge! Meanwhile, Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer, R-MO 3rd congressional district, says the Biden regime must incentivize workers to return to their jobs rather than disincentivize them by giving them more money to stay home rather than to do the right thing. Elsewhere, House Republicans have sent letters to Mark Zuckerberg and to Dr. “Phony Tony” Fauci questioning their interactions over sanitizing the news on the China Virus.
- 2021 Thursday S: U.S. Senate News– Senator Ted Cruz, R-TX, says it’s amazing to see the large number of foreign policy blunders committed by the Biden regime in its first five months. Next, Senator Marsha Blackburn, R-TN, says that Dr. “Phony Tony” Fauci chose the Chi-Coms and Big Tech over the American people. Meanwhile, Senate Majority Leader “Cryin’ Chuck” Schumer says he will look at the bipartisan infrastructure bill. Conversely, Senate Minority Leader “Cocaine Mitch” McConnell says little Sandy “The Fly” Cortez can’t even sell her moronic policies to her own party.
- 2021 Thursday T: Fake News– “Wank-spanking” Jeffrey Toobin- the luminary of CNN- is returning to that network after getting his head straight. Everyone should remember that Mr. Toobin ‘pulled a Toobin” by masturbating during a Zoom call with his fellow employees several months back. Will the cameras ever dare to film him below his chest henceforth?
- 2021 Thursday U: President Donald J. Trump News– President Donald J. Trump says that ‘I was exonerated’ by the Layfette Park investigation as well as the recent testimony by former White House counsel Don McGahn. The 45th president also said of Dr. “Phony Tony” Fauci that the man is ‘science fiction.’ Next, he derided Joe Biden on his climate change zaniness.
- 2021 Thursday V: California State News– Caitlyn Jenner compares herself to President Donald J. Trump as a ‘disrupter.’ Meanwhile, the Golden State’s Democrats are whining and sniveling that the recall of Governor Gavin “The Nazi” Newsom ‘could cost the state $215 million.’ So flipping what? It’s not like the Democrats care for the homeless, the substance abusers, and anyone else in the state. They spend BILLIONS of dollars on crap such as the California High Speed Rail boondoggle as well as the loading of salmon spawn onto tanker trucks and carrying them to the Pacific Ocean but they can’t find money for the godforsaken? WTF!
- 2021 Thursday W: Florida State News– “America’s Governor” Ron DeSantis says he’ll sign a bill prohibiting transgender surgeries for those under the age of 18. Good. He should, they are criminal acts committed by ‘WOKE’ parents. You want to transition, do it when you hit the age of 18. Florida has also banned Critical Race Theory from all classrooms.
- 2021 Thursday X: Texas State News– The Texas Bar Association is ‘investigating’ Attorney General Ken Paxton, R-TX, for ‘official misconduct’ when he called the 2020 Presidential Election in dispute over the claims of rampant fraud and other crimes. A Michigan judge ruled that AG Paxton was correct when he called out the fraud in the Michigan and three other states and filed lawsuits in federal courts demanding answers. The states did not follow their own election laws which is why the 2020 Presidential Election was stolen from President Donald J. Trump.
- 2021 Thursday Y: Economic News– U.S. deficit hits record $2.1 trillion just this year thanks to Democrats out of control spending.
- 2021 Thursday Z: Sports News– A judge has ruled that the Major League Baseball All-Star Game will NOT be returning to Atlanta, Georgia, but will go on as scheduled in Denver, Colorado.
- 2021 Thursday AA: Miscellaneous News I– L.A. County Sheriff Lee Baca rebukes ‘failed liberal policies as insanity.’ Next, three people including a child were shot dead in Florida today. Moving on, hate crimes against Catholics surging in the U.S. Finally, a ban on abortions of Down Syndrome babies goes to North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper, Democrat, for his signature.
- 2022 Friday: Let’s hope today is a slow news day (yet we know it won’t be…)
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0857 a 24” x 36” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “The Setting Sun.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day.
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Prior to joining the Beach Boys, Bruce Johnston had released two surf albums along the lines of the band he would become a part of, then leave, and then return to- the Beach Boys- and Jan and Dean. Sure, there are other seminal surf bands such as the Turtles but like the Beach Boys, they moved beyond that until their breakup. Ah, well, “Going Public” came out on May 13, 1977, and featured the accomplished songwriter Johnston who plays most of the instruments but does have guests with him. We hope you will investigate this one as it still remains available for purchase at Amazon.com as well as other fine sites that vend the best in music. We do believe you are going to enjoy this one so please, seek it out now, give it a good listen, and then see about making it a part of your daily listening pleasure.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 06-10-2022, all rights reserved. (Editor’s Note: we pay the estate of Beverly Carrick an annual fee by which, we can show her paintings to the world. We make NO money from the estate’s sales of her world-famous artworks). Total Word Count: 5,528. Chef Vladimir Gdansk.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Beverly Carrick Fiery Desert Landscapes, Just the Facts, Unvarnished Truth- The, Howlin’ Wolf, Tom Fowler, It’s a Beautiful Day, Janis Joplin, Big Brother and the Holding Company, Howlin’ Wolf, The Move, Mickey Curry, Richard Thompson Band, Rick Price, San Francisco, The Mothers, Frank Zappa, Ray Charles, The Rolling Stones, “12 x 5”, Chess Studios, Jimmy Chamberlin, Smashing Pumpkins, Barry Beckett, Traffic, Alejandro Giammattei, Guatemala, Iran, JCPOA- the, France, President Emanuel Macron, Israel, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, People’s Republic of China, Iraq, Weapons of Mass Destruction, 2003 Iraq War, Venezuela, Communist China, Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari, COVID-19 Statistics for the Planet as a Whole, Joe Biden to Donald J. Trump COVID-19 Deaths, COVID-19 Statistics, Foreign COVID Stats of the Day, Stock Market Closes/Precious and Rare Metals, U.S. National Debt and Gasoline Prices in the Four States in which we have Chef-Authors, Joe Biden’s Border Catastrophe, Foreign News / Overseas News, COVID-19 Updates and Additional Information, Voting Integrity / Fraudulent And Stolen Election News, Joe Biden News, Political News I, Business News, Joe Biden Regime News I, Wokeism / Woke / Wokies, Social Media News and Big Tech News, Health And Medical Alerts, War on Terror News / Terrorism News / Jihad News, U.S. House Of Representatives News, U.S. Senate News, Fake News, California State News, Florida State News, Texas State News, Economic News, Sports News, Miscellaneous News I, U.S. Department of State, President Grover Cleveland, President William Howard Taft, President Woodrow Wilson, First Lady Edith Bolling Galt, President Herbert Hoover, President Ronald Reagan, President George H.W. Bush, President Donald J. Trump, Former White House counsel Don McGahn, “Drooler-in-Chief” Joe Biden, Joe Biden, ‘Cho-Mo Joe’ Biden, Faux First Lady Dr. Jill Biden, ‘Border Czar’ “Kooky Kamala” Harris, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Charles Evans Hughes, U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes, U.S. Supreme Court David Josiah Brewer, U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice William Howard Taft, U.S. Attorney-General Caesar Augustus Rodney, U.S. Secretary of State Richard Olney, U.S. Transportation Secretary Samuel K. Skinner, U.S. Treasury Secretary Donald Regan, U.S. Secretary of War William Eustis, U.S. Secretary of War James Barbour, U.S. Senate Majority Leader “Cryin’ Chuck” Schumer, U.S. Senate Minority Leader “Cocaine Mitch” McConnell, Senator Dianne “The Dinosaur” Feinstein, Senator John Thune, Senator Marco Rubio, Senator Marsha Blackburn, Senator Rand Paul, Senator Ted Cruz, U.S. House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi, U.S. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, Sandy “The Fly” Cortez, Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer, Rep. Darrell Issa, Rep. Ilhan “Allah Akbar” Omar, AOC’s (Suicide) Squad, Governor Gavin “The Nazi” Newsom, Governor Greg Abbott, “America’s Governor” Ron DeSantis, Former Acting Customs and Border Patrol Commissioner Mark Morgan, George P. Bush, Attorney General Ken Paxton, Dr. “Phony Tony” Fauci, Reverend Jim Jones, Jonestown-Guyana, Dr. Tony “Mighty Mite” Fauci, Trump-Russia Collusion Scam, Dr. Donald Moss, Anti-White Hysteria, L.A. County Sheriff Lee Baca, North Carolina Politics, Governor Roy Cooper, Pro-Death Movement, Fox News Channel, James Murdoch, Twitter, Jack “Rasputin” Dorsey, “Wank-spanking” Jeffrey Toobin, Instagram, Newsmax, Arizona 2020 Election Audit, Fulton County-Georgia Election Audit, Inflation, Stagflation, Biogen, Anti-Alzheimer’s Disease Drug, Critical Race Theory, CRT, Texas Politics, Illegal Aliens, Illegal Immigration, Illegal Alien Undeclared War on the U.S., Mexican Drug Cartels, Illegal Alien Invasion, Illegal Alien Tsunami, Illegal Alien Tidal Wave, Illegal Alien Caravans, Joe Biden’s Open Borders Policies, Build the Wall and Deport Them All, Replacement Theory, Illegal Alien overrunning of America, COVID-19, Chi-Vi- the, The ‘VID, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, China Virus, China Virus Crisis, Yellow Fever 2019-2021, Communist China Condition, Kung Flu- The, Wuhan Waltz- The, BIG C-19- The, Wuhan Whoopie- The, COVID-19 Mandates, Pelosi Pox- The, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Hubei Hooey- The, Xi Jinping’s Bat Fu Yuk, Communist Killer Virus 2019-2021 and Onward, Chairman Xi’s Fever, Chairman Xi’s Gift to the World- the Chi-Vi, COVID-19- the Trump Whacker, COVID-19- the Hong Kong Democracy Movement Killer, U.S. Stock Markets, U.S. National Debt, National Security Issues, COVID-19 World Health Meter Statistics, U.S. Stock Markets, U.S. National Debt, National Security Issues, U.S. National Gasoline Prices, Global Petrol Prices, DOW Jones Industrial Average, S & P 500, NASDAQ, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper, Palladium, Rhodium, Neodymium, Precious and Rare Metals, Light Sweet Crude Oil, U.S. Monetary Conversions, Monetary Conversions of the Day, Bitcoin, Chinese Yuan, European Union Euros, Mexican Pesos, Indonesian Rupiah, Iranian Rial, Iraqi Dinar, Kentucky Gas Prices, Global Petrol Prices, Bhutanese Petrol Price, Cloward and Piven, Professional Sports, Professional Boxing, Earnie Shavers, Major League Baseball All-Star Game, National Hockey League, NHL- The, 1996 NHL Stanley Cup Finals, Florida Panthers, Colorado Avalanche, 2000 Stanley Cup Finals, New Jersey Devils, Dallas Stars, Professional Horse Racing, Belmont Stakes, 1978 Belmont Stakes- Alydar, The Beach Boys, Bruce Johnston, Chef Vladimir Gdansk,
[i] We look forward to promoting the music of the Electric Light Orchestra/the Move, Roy Wood, and Wizzard.
[ii] We promoted the music of It’s a Beautiful Day beginning on Thursday, 25-August-2011 through Monday, 29-August-2011 and a second round on Tuesday, 04-February-2014 through Wednesday, 05-February-2014. Please seek them out and consider adding them to your collection.
[iii]We began presenting the music of the Mothers of Invention and of Frank Zappa beginning on Monday, 21-January-2013 and concluded the presentation on Monday, 13-May-2013. Please seek them out, we believe you will enjoy the music of this famed man and his band.
[iv] See previous.
[v] We shared the music of the Stones beginning Tuesday, 22-March-2016 through Sunday, 28-August-2016. This included the members’ solo projects. We sure as heck hope you check out the Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger, Brian Jones, Keith Richard, Charlie Watts, Bill Wyman, and Mick Taylor. Ronnie Wood you can find during the presentation of the Faces.
[vi] We promoted the music of Big Brother and the Holding Company, beginning on Monday, 18-July-2011 through Tuesday, 26-July-2011. At the time, we were not farsighted enough to offer the music of Janis Joplin but hope to do so at some point in the near future when we return to promoting the music of American rock bands.
[vii] President Nixon should never have lifted the trade embargo on communist China. The only time the embargo should have been lifted is when the people of Taiwan cross the straits and reclaim their country from the communists.
[viii] We look forward to sharing the music of Ray Charles with the readership one day so please remain with us until we do.
[ix] We began promoting the music of not only Traffic but also the Spencer Davis Group, Steve Winwood, Chris Wood, Jim Capaldi, and Dave Mason. The presentation commenced on Monday, 30-November-2015 through Sunday, 20-March-2016. This offering also included Blind Faith. We hope you will seek them out and add them to your collection.
[x] Bing seems to be covering numbers up for the Biden administration so here is where we have gone now: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[xiii] We obtain our statistics for the coronavirus from: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[xiv] Commodities – Oil, Silver and Gold Prices – CNN Business– see this site for daily commodity information.
[xv] Palladium PRICE Today | Palladium Spot Price Chart | Live Price of Palladium per Ounce | Markets Insider (businessinsider.com) See this site for daily trading in palladium.
[xvi] Commodities Prices – Spot – Futures (tradingeconomics.com) See this site for much of the economic information cobbled together at this blog.
[xix] Please see the following site for information on global gas prices: Gasoline prices around the world, 26-Apr-2021 | GlobalPetrolPrices.com
[xx] U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.