TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
SPRING SESSION 2022
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 214
109. TODAY IN HISTORY—TUESDAY, APRIL 19, 2022:
Patriot’s Day (Maine and Massachusetts)
Vice President Walter F. Mondale; U.S. Attorney General Wayne MacVeagh; U.S. Interior Secretary Rogers C.B. Morton; Acting U.S. Transportation Secretary Maria Cino; the Animals featuring Alan Price, the Association featuring Larry Ramos, the Band featuring Levon Helm, Free and Backstreet Crawler featuring Paul Kossoff, and the Turtles featuring Mark Volman:
- 1054 Wednesday: The 152nd Roman Catholic Pope St. Leo IX ended his time as the shepherd of all Christendom on this date. He first became pontiff on February 12, 1049, and over the course of the subsequent 5 years and 66 days, guided his earthly flock on its journey to commune with the Lord.
- 1587 Sunday: Sir Frances Drake sails into Cadiz, Spain and sinks Spanish fleet.
- 1764 Thursday: The English Parliament banned the American colonies from printing paper money.
- 1770 Thursday: English Captain James Cook first sees the continent of Australia.
- 1775 Wednesday: The American Revolutionary War began with the battles of Lexington and Concord.
- 1782 Friday: John Adams secures the recognition of the United States as an independent government by the Dutch Republic and what is more, the house Adams purchased in The Hague, Netherlands, becomes the first U.S. Embassy.
- 1810 Thursday: Venezuela achieves home rule on this date having driven the Spaniards out of their country.
- 1833 Friday: In Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, future 36th U.S. Attorney General Wayne MacVeagh is born. A Republican, then a Democrat, and then a Republican. he served under President Grover Cleveland from March 05, 1881, to December 15, 1881.
- 1861 Friday: During the American Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln orders a naval blockade of Confederate ports.
- 1865 Wednesday: At the White House, a funeral for President Abraham Lincoln, assassinated five days earlier, took place. From there, his coffin underwent transportation to the U.S. Capitol for a private memorial service.
- 1874 Sunday: Fire destroys the U.S. barracks on Alcatraz Island.
- 1897 Monday: John J. McDermott wins the first Boston Marathon race in 2:55:10.
- 1901 Friday: In the Philippines, recently captured insurgent leader Emilio Aguinaldo issues a proclamation advising his compatriots to end their rebellion and use peaceful means to work with the U.S. toward independence.
- 1904 Tuesday: Fire destroys most of the Canadian city of Toronto.
- 1906 Thursday: The San Francisco Earthquake kills 452 people.
- 1915 Monday: Armenians around the town of Van are trying to resist the Ottoman Turks as they push to carry out the infamous Armenian Genocide. The Turks are able to storm the town and liquidate at least 2,500 of the defenders.
- 1919 Saturday: The French assembly decides on an eight-hour workday.
- 1924 Saturday: The radio program “National Barn Dance” premieres on WLS Chicago.
- 1932 Tuesday: Authorities capture Bonnie Parker in a failed hardware store burglary and jails her. However, a grand jury fails to indict her and within a few months, she walks free from jail.
- 1933 Wednesday: The United States went off the Gold Standard thanks to Democratic President Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s desire to capture as much of the gold supply as possible.
- 1934 Thursday: Shirley Temple appears in her first movie, “Stand Up & Cheer.”
- 1936 Sunday: In Palestine, anti-Jewish riots erupt, courtesy of Nazi sympathizers.
- 1939 Wednesday: Connecticut approved the Bill of Rights for the U.S. Constitution after sitting on it for 148 years.
- 1940 Friday: During World War II, as the Allies wage a losing battle in Norway with the Nazis, German forces continue building up for the big invasion of France, Belgium, and Luxembourg, slated to occur next month.
- 1941 Saturday: During World War II, Axis member Bulgaria invades Macedonia. Elsewhere, the Luftwaffe carries out a massive bombing of London, damaging numerous buildings and causing chaos in the streets. Meanwhile, in the East African Theater, South African troops continue their drive north from Addis Ababa on the road to Italian Eritrea where a battle soon ensues.
- 1942 Sunday: Future keyboardist and founding member of the British rock band, the Animals[i], Alan Price, was born in Fatfield, Washington, County Durham, England, on this date. Elsewhere, Larry Ramos, future guitarist/vocalist with the Association[ii] was born in Waimea, Kauai County, Hawaii, on this date.
- 1943 Monday: During World War II, tens of thousands of Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto began a valiant but futile battle against Nazi forces. The Nazi occupiers had no idea that the inhabitants were surreptitiously bringing in guns and ammunition, that they were stockpiling medical supplies, food, water, and that everyone who was capable of fighting would be able to fight. The Jews knew the consequences of their actions would mean death but so would doing nothing. The Nazis were hastily loading Jews aboard transport trains for one-way trips to the gas chambers. And liberal Democrats claim there was NO Holocaust.
- 1944 Wednesday: The Imperial Japanese launch three simultaneous operations to crush Chinese resistance. The war is going poorly for them, and they want to speed up operations on Mainland China so as to be able to send troops to protect the home islands. Meanwhile, the Soviet Black Sea fleet begins bombarding the Nazi-and-Rumanian-occupied fortress city of Sebastopol in the Crimea. Any Axis troops unable to evacuate to the west by sea are now trapped within their positions. Elsewhere, other Red Army land operations sputter to an end as they run out of supplies.
- 1945 Thursday: The Rodgers and Hammerstein musical “Carousel” opened on Broadway. Meanwhile, off the shores of Okinawa, the U.S. aircraft carrier Franklin, suffers heavy damage from kamikaze attacks. Elsewhere, on the Eastern Front, the Red Army has conquered the Seelow Heights on the outskirts of Berlin. Fighting is fierce as old men and young boys- Hitler Jugend- fight with a passion heretofore unseen by the Red Army. Losses are terrific but the Soviets have come this far NOT to be deterred. Berlin must and will fall.
- 1947 Saturday: Future vocalist/guitarist with the surf-rock band, the Turtles[iii]—Mark Volman—is born in Los Angeles, California, on this date. He also played with Frank Zappa in the Mothers.
- 1948 Monday: Chiang Kai-shek elected president of Nationalist China[iv]. Elsewhere, ABC-TV network begins operations.
- 1951 Thursday: General Douglas MacArthur, relieved of his Far East Command by President Harry S. Truman, bade farewell in an address to Congress in which, he quoted a line from a ballad: “Old soldiers never die; they just fade away.”
- 1954 Monday: Fighting at Dien Bien Phu continues as the French continue trying to relieve exhausted troops fighting at the remaining Huguette outposts north of the airfield. At the same time, other French forces are trying to fight to reestablish communications with Isabelle south of the camp, the second largest outpost in the rings surrounding the main base. There is a desperate plan cooked up by the French leadership in Hanoi that a relief force will fight to open a passage for the defenders to escape if only the southern expedition can fight through their own battles to get there on time. Add to that a cold spell and harsh weather and getting in reinforcements and supplies is becoming challenging.[v]
- 1957 Friday: In Buffalo, New York, future 14.1st Acting U.S. Secretary of Transportation Maria Cino is born. A Republican, Secretary Cino would serve under President George W. Bush from August 07, 2006, to October 17, 2006.
- 1958 Saturday: The San Francisco Giants and the Los Angeles Dodgers played the first major league baseball game on the West Coast.
- 1960 Tuesday: In Major League Baseball, team jerseys begin displaying the names of the players on their backs along with their numbers.
- 1961 Wednesday: In Louisville, Kentucky, up-and-coming heavyweight boxer Cassius Clay scores a TKO of opponent, LaMar Clark at the 1:27-minute mark of Round 2 in a scheduled 8-round bout to put his pro record to 6-0.
- 1965 Monday: The TAMI Show premieres in London.
- 1966 Tuesday: Bobbi Gibb, 23, became the first woman to run the Boston Marathon at a time when only men were allowed to participate. She jumped into the middle of the pack after the sound of the starting pistol and finished in 3:21:40.
- 1971 Monday: For his part in the Tate-La Bianca slayings, Charles Manson receives the death sentence.
- 1972 Wednesday: Bangladesh becomes a member of the British Commonwealth.
- 1976 Monday: Paul Kossoff, noted guitarist of the band Free[vi] and then of his own group, Back Street Crawler[vii], died of drug abuse-related illnesses while traveling to New York City.
- 1977 Tuesday: The Supreme Court, in Ingraham v. Wright, ruled 5-4 that even severe spanking of school-aged children by faculty members did not violate the Eighth Amendment ban against cruel and unusual punishment.
- 1979 Thursday: In Easton, Maryland, former 39th U.S. Interior Secretary Rogers C.B. Morton died at age 64. A Republican, Secretary Morton served under Presidents Richard M. Nixon and Gerald R. Ford from January 29, 1971, to April 30, 1975.
- 1982 Monday: Astronauts Sally K. Ride and Guion S. Bluford Jr., became the first woman and first African American tapped for U.S. Space Missions.
- 1986 Saturday: At the Las Vegas Hilton in Winchester, Nevada, the ‘Easton Assassin”- heavyweight boxer Larry Holmes- loses a 15-round split decision against IBF and The Ring magazine heavyweight champion Michael “The Jinx” Spinks. Holmes second loss in a row- and his second to “The Jinx” in a row- put his pro record to 48-2. As for the champ, his record went to 29-0. On the undercard, heavyweight boxer Buster Douglas scores a unanimous 10-round decision over opponent, David Jaco, to put his record to 22-3-1-1. As for Jaco, his record went to 19-7 with the loss.
- 1987 Sunday: In the NBA, the Los Angeles Clippers end their season with a devastating 12-70 record.
- 1989 Wednesday: A gun turret aboard the USS Iowa explodes resulting in the deaths of 47 sailors and numerous injuries.
- 1990 Thursday: Members of the NBA teams the Detroit Pistons and the Philadelphia 76’ers get into a brawl, resulting in more than $162,500 of fines, an NBA record until today.
- 1991 Friday: In Atlantic City, New Jersey, heavyweight boxer Evander “The Real Deal” Holyfield beats “Big George” Foreman via a 12-round unanimous decision to put his pro boxing record to 26-0. He also retained the WBA, WBC, and IBF heavyweight titles of the world while “Big George’s” record went to 69-3. On the undercard, heavyweight boxer Tommy “The Duke” Morrison scored a TKO in the 5th round at the 2:06 minute mark of a scheduled 10-round bout over his opponent, Soviet boxer Yuri Vaulin. This put “The Duke’s” record to 27-0.
- 1993 Monday: The 51-day siege at the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas, ended as fire destroyed the structure after federal agents began smashing their way in; dozens of people, including cult leader David Koresh, lost their lives in the conflagration. This date marked the first time in American history in which the government of the United States used tanks and other military hardware against American citizens and neither President Bill Clinton nor his attorney general, Janet Reno, has had to answer for this monstrous crime.
- 1994 Tuesday: Rodney King receives $3,800,000 in compensation of police beating.
- 1995 Wednesday: A truck bomb destroyed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people. Bomber Timothy McVeigh was later convicted of federal murder charges and executed.
- 2004 Monday: Argentine soccer legend, Diego Maradona, is reported to have suffered a major heart attack in Buenos Aires and is in the hospital.
- 2005 Tuesday: Pope Benedict XVI, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, becomes the 265th pope. He would guide all of Roman Catholicism from today until February 28, 2013, when the Church forced him into retirement. Elsewhere, the nomination of John Bolton to become the next ambassador to the United Nations receives a death blow when Senator George Voinovich, R-OH, says in committee that he ‘cannot vote for this man to become the face of the U.S. in such an important body.’ This puts the nomination of Bolton on hold for another 30 days at least so the FBI can investigate claims that he ‘yells at people’ or ‘treats them mean.’ Ai yi-yi!
- 2006 Wednesday: White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan announces his resignation from the White House staff. Many expect that Karl Rove, top adviser to President George W. Bush, will take over in the press room; then again, maybe not. The Bush administration is fearful of the mid-term elections going against the administration.
- 2007 Thursday: Amnesty International does its job and reports that the Taliban is committing heinous acts on the population of Afghanistan. It’s who these people are.
- 2008 Saturday: Insane Shia cleric Muqtada al-Sadr threatens a new mass uprising if the U.S. and their Sunni flunkies do not stop going after his people.
- 2009 Sunday: President Barack Hussein Obama, much to the horror of the liberal losers who voted for him the previous November, announces that ALL CIA officers who used enhanced interrogation techniques will NOT- repeat- NOT- be prosecuted.
- 2010 Monday: Kyrgyzstan unrest continues as over 1,000 people in Jala-Abad gather in the town’s main square denouncing Otunbayeva’s interim government and chanting pro-Bakiyev slogans. Elsewhere, election officials in Baghdad order a recount of ballots after numerous complaints were raised about the authenticity of the elections.
- 2011 Tuesday: In Cuba, Fidel Castro resigns from the Communist Party’s central committee. Elsewhere, following reports that prison authorities are stripping Pfc. Bradley Manning and removing his clothes while he remains in his cell have prompted public outrage which leads to the U.S. military transferring him to Leavenworth, Kansas, where he will be housed in the military lockup, away from prying eyes.
- 2012 Thursday: Levon Helm, famed multi-instrument musician who played with the Band[viii] for numerous years lost his battle with cancer on this date. He died in New York City at the age of 71.
- 2013 Friday: Former President of Pakistan, Pervez Musharraf, undergoes arrest and charging for unlawfully detaining judges in 2007.
- 2014 Saturday: According to Brainy History, Chinese auto manufacturer FAW Group announces it will commence taking orders for its new Red Flag L5 custom-made auto; the car is like a Ferrari and will cost the purchaser approximately $803,000.
- 2015 Sunday: The European Union agrees to meet following the sinking of a refugee-laden boat in the Mediterranean that claims the lives of 900 or more people. They hope to create a plan and to fund it that will help them prevent all such disasters.
- 2016 Tuesday: In a Chi-Com court, a computer programmer by the name of Huang Yu, a resident of Sichuan, to death for having leaked more than 150,000 sensitive documents of high value to an unknown foreign power. He won’t be sitting on death row for 20-30 years before sentence occurs.
- 2017 Wednesday: FOX News announces its letting go of long-time news host, Bill O’Reilly, following purported allegations of sexual improprieties. We learned somewhat later that the accusations were ginned up so the network could boot him in favor of Tucker Carlson. Elsewhere, Caracas, Venezuela, sees the ‘Mother of All Marches” as hundreds of thousands of people turn out to protest the dictatorship of Nicolas Maduro. In subsequent events, several people are killed or injured on both sides of the political divide.
- 2018 Thursday: Following the stepping down of President Raul Castro, Cuba elects Miguel Dias-Canel the communist island nation’s new president. Meanwhile, one day after the U.S. Senate votes to allow ‘babies on its floor,’ Senator Tammy Duckworth, D-Illinois, brings her newborn babe to the world’s most august body. Elsewhere, the government of Ukraine is urging Russian ‘separatists’ in the Donbass not to flood a mine where the Soviet Union once stored nuclear weapons. It could cause a humongous environmental disaster; then again, no one ever said Russians were ‘gifted individuals.’
- 2019 Friday: Famed German composer and conductor Martin Böttcher, dies at age 91. Meanwhile, the U.S. National Institutes of Health announces a $350 million grant for researchers to find ways to cut the number of opioid deaths in the four hardest hit states. Elsewhere, media reports that former Vice President (and Senator) Joe Biden has decided that next week, he will officially announce he is in the race for the Democratic Party’s 2020 presidential nomination. Finally, U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announces a bill that would raise the minimum age for tobacco products from 18 to 21.
- 2020 Sunday: Thanks to Chinese incompetence or by purpose, the COVID-19 continues killing people around the planet. As of today, there are 2,382,064 confirmed cases of the Kung Flu, 165,636 confirmed deaths, and 611,791 confirmed recoveries which is great. The United States acknowledges 762,690 confirmed cases, 40,548 confirmed deaths, and 68,119 confirmed recoveries. Meanwhile, communist China, the place where this debacle originated claims 88,302 confirmed cases what with- get this- 4,632 confirmed deaths and 82,589 confirmed recoveries. What a bunch of lying scumbags but then, communists always lie. When this is over will be time enough for those affected by the Wuhan Virus Crisis to begin suing the living bejeezus out of every communist official as well as the labs and the wet markets where this barbarity originated.
- 2021 Monday: COVID-19 STATISTICS FOR THE PLANET AS A WHOLE: 141,684,613 confirmed cases, +690,758, 3,024,290 confirmed deaths, +9,715, and 81,018,628 confirmed recoveries, +562,181. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 31,878,296 confirmed cases, UP 10,922 from yesterday’s reporting, 572,701 confirmed deaths, UP 546, and 119,038,619 confirmed recoveries. Note- we are going to do our own estimates of recoveries based on percentages seeing as how the CDC won’t report them.[ix]
- 2021 Monday A: NOTE: SINCE JOE BIDEN BECAME PRESIDENT ON JANUARY 20, 2021, THERE HAVE BEEN 247,905 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States– feeble old Joe, in another two to three weeks, you will have tied the total number witnessed by the Trump administration in nearly a year of the rampaging coronavirus pandemic.
- 2021 Monday B: COVID-19 STATISTICS in the four states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Florida, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 3,718,223 confirmed cases, 60,994 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Moving on, here are the numbers for Florida: 2,173,138 confirmed cases, 34,471 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s count). Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 31,715 confirmed cases, 474 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s count). Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 387,382 confirmed cases, 5,427 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s). Let us look at one other portion of the U.S., Mississippi, the home of the New South: they have 309,186 confirmed cases, 7,153 confirmed deaths, but no mention of confirmed recoveries.[x] Meanwhile, the AMAZING Dr. Tony Fauci says he expects to see the Johnson & Johnson vaccine back in action later this week. In other Chi-Vi news, today, we learned that more than half of our fellow Americans have received at least ONE of their Xi Jinping Bat Flu vaccines.
- 2021 Monday C: Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 837,047 confirmed cases, 6,335 confirmed deaths, and 828,488 confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one non-country- Dominican Republic, a place where horrible attacks on U.S. tourists seem to occur with shocking regularity: 261,129 cases of the virus, 3,418 confirmed deaths and 218,724 confirmed recoveries.[xi]
- 2021 Monday D: STOCK MARKET CLOSES/PRECIOUS AND RARE METALS: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 34,077.63, DOWN 123.04 points (-0.36%). Next, the NASDAQ: 13,914.76, DOWN 137.58 points (-0.98%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 4,163.06, DOWN 22.21 points (-0.53%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $63.59 per barrel, +0.17 (+0.27%). The price of GOLD is $1,770.80 per troy oz., +0.20 (+0.01%) while the price of SILVER is $25.86 per troy ounce, +0.02 (+0.09%). The price of PLATINUM is $1,211.70 per troy oz, +5.20 (+0.43%) while the price of COPPER is $4.24 per pound, -0.00 (-0.01%).[xii] The price of PALLADIUM is $2,797.85 per troy oz, +20.35 (+0.73%).[xiii] The price of RHODIUM is $29,000.00 per troy oz., +400.00 (+1.40%).[xiv] Currently, Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000018. As for Chi-Com money, one-dollar U.S. = 6.51 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.83 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 19.82. In Hong Kong dollar, one greenback equals 7.77 and in Hungarian Forint, a buck equals 299.57.[xv]
- 2021 Monday E: U.S. NATIONAL DEBT AND GASOLINE PRICES IN THE THREE STATES IN WHICH WE HAVE CHEF-AUTHORS– Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising by the day- in California, gasoline prices have risen to over $3.971 per gallon, $2.822 in Florida, $3.734 in Hawaii, and $3.374 in Washington state.[xvi] Let’s look at one other location- Kentucky: $2.734. Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $28,190,082,334,572 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but flipping TRILLIONS.[xvii] Cloward and Piven causing problems like they always do.
- 2021 Monday F: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS I– Governor Ron DeSantis,[xviii] R-FL, signs the most pro-law enforcement bill on the books and also has consequences for violent rioters. God bless you, sir! Next, a poll in New York state says that ’54-percent of the voters view Governor Andrew “Killer” Cuomo, aka the Love Go, aka the Gropin’ Gov, with disdain. Another poll tried to say the voters would vote for this POS again, but no one believes that. Speaking of the Empire State, a judge rules that the case, N.Y. v. Amazon will remain at the state level and not move up the chain to the federal level. In other interesting “Killer” Cuomo news, N.Y. Attorney General Leticia James may be ‘reviewing’ the erstwhile governor’s autobiographical ‘novel’ of the wonderful job he did during the Chinese Virus pandemic, the one in which, he consigned tens of thousands of New York’s elderly and ill to their deaths.
- 2021 Monday G: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS II– The Texas House of Representatives okays a bill dropping permits to open-carry firearms in the state. Speaking of the Lone Star State, the former Austin Police Department detective sought in the shooting deaths of three people yesterday has been scooped up in police custody. Next, President Donald J. Trump advises decrepit Joe Biden NOT to withdraw U.S. troops from Afghanistan on the symbolic date of September 11, 2021, the 20-year-anniversary of the Islamist attack on New York City, on the Pentagon, and on a field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. Will old drooling Joe Biden listen to the sage advice? Most likely not.
- 2021 Monday H: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS III– Elsewhere, Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-GA 14th congressional district, is putting forth a bill demanding the expulsion of lunatic Congresswoman Maxine “Prune Face” Waters, DS-CA 43rd congressional district, over her visit to Minnesota over the weekend to encourage VIOLENCE no matter the outcome of the murder trial of Officer Derek Chauvin. House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi, DS-CA 12th congressional district, is standing by her fellow octogenarian by saying, “She did nothing wrong.” Both of these imbeciles must be voted out of office or impeached and removed. In the case of “Prune Face” Waters, she should be doing time prison. (Dr. Alan Dershowitz says that ‘Maxine Waters singlehandedly may have caused a mistrial due to her careless words.’[xix] In other news, as the deathwatch of Putin critic Alexei Navalny begins, Joe Biden begins uttering some incoherent words in defense of the imprisoned freedom fighter.
- 2021 Monday I: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS IV– Congressman Steve Stivers, R-OH 15th congressional district is resigning his seat to head his state’s Chamber of Commerce. Next, a Jewish coalition may expel the Zionists of America for them being critical of radical anti-Semite scum such as Congresswomen Rashida “Foul Mouth” Tlaib, DS-MI 13th congressional district, and Ilhan “Allah Akbar” Omar, DS-MN 5th congressional district, by calling them out for their anti-Israel bigotry. What did ZOA say wrong? Next, Republican leaders are demanding a meeting with ‘Border Czar’ “Kooky Kamala” Harris so they can discuss the BORDER CRISIS, the one a word-slurring Joe Biden long claimed it wasn’t but now says it is and do something about it. “Kooky Kamala” Harris has crisscrossed the country but has gone NOWHERE near the border since coming into office. Speaking of the BORDER CRISIS, Joe Biden issued new rules to Customs and Border Patrol telling them ‘NO LONGER can they use the words ‘illegal alien’ and ‘assimilation’ when discussing the ILLEGAL ALIEN INVADERS POURING ACROSS THE SOUTHERN BORDER.’ WTF? Speaking of ILLEGALS, Joe Biden’s handlers pledge that fuddled old Joe is going to raise the numbers of REFUGEES accepted into the country but that his original goal of hundreds of thousands may not occur. (Interesting note- late this afternoon, the White House began walking back Joe Biden’s mumbled statements about the ‘crisis’ on the southern border. Maybe they’ll CANCEL JOE?).
- 2021 Monday J: INTERESTING HYPOCRISY OF THE DAY– Facebook is now censoring criticism of Black Lives Matter skank Patrice Cullors who has purchased several million dollars’ worth of real estate using money donated to BLM by dimwits such as FB cofounder Dustin Moskovitz who gave $5 million to the Marxist organization. We cannot have people calling out LIBERAL HYPOCRISY now can we and so the great social media platform won’t let anyone call them out on it.
- 2021 Monday K: CRIME AND PUNISHMENT– After the defense wrapped up its closing arguments in the trial of Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin, the jury now has the case and cities from Minneapolis to Chicago to Washington, D.C. to Los Angeles, California, to Portland, Oregon, are all preparing for out-of-control riots should he be acquitted on ALL charges. Judge Peter Cahill says, ‘it will be an easy appeal what with Congresswoman Maxine “Prune Face” Waters urging VIOLENCE on American society NO MATTER WHAT VERDICT THE JURY DELIVERS. (Note- we have said this and will continue saying it, ‘we think Officer Chauvin is going to get off. Completely. The blame will rest on liberal Democrats. Period. We think that had not the liberals involved themselves, had not the city of Minneapolis paid George Floyd’s family in the week prior to the start of the trial, they may have gotten a just verdict whereas now- as with George Zimmerman, aka the “White Hispanic,” they won’t get the verdict they seek. IF they do, Chauvin will beat it on appeal).
- 2021 Monday L: NOTABLE DEATH– Former Vice President Walter F. Mondale who served under President Jimmy Carter from January 20, 1977, to January 20, 1981, died today in Minneapolis, Minnesota, at the age of 93. He also was the Democratic Party’s standard-bearer in 1984 with New York Congresswoman Geraldine Ferraro, D-NY 9th congressional district as his running mate. They were soundly defeated by President Ronald Reagan. Bon voyage, Mr. Vice President. In other notable news, we learn today that Capitol Hill Police Officer Brian Sicknick did not die from having his head ‘stoved in with a fire extinguisher’ as multiple media sources proclaimed for months on end during the FALSE FLAG OPERATION on January 06, 2021, but from a combination of two strokes caused by chemical irritants sprayed in his face by Antifa ‘protesters.’
- 2022 Tuesday: COVID-19 Statistics for The Planet as a Whole– 505,737,568 confirmed cases, +718,359, 6,227,272 confirmed deaths, +2,913 and 457,655,561 confirmed recoveries, +1,211,298. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 82,415,140 confirmed cases, UP 59,724 from yesterday’s reporting, 1,016,149 confirmed deaths, UP 452,[xx] and 80,272,269 confirmed recoveries, UP to 46,943. We genuinely welcome COVID Live Update World Meter for being honest in covering ALL the numbers- God bless them.[xxi]
- 2022 Tuesday A: Joe Biden to Donald J. Trump Covid-19 Deaths– Note: since Joe Biden became president on January 20, 2021, there have been 566,856 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States- intellectually inadequate old Joe, by the end of the year, you will have tied the total number seen by the Trump administration in a year of the raging coronavirus pandemic. Under President Trump’s watch, there were 404,645 fatalities from the Chi-Com Bat Virus. From this point forward, ALL COVID-19 deaths are atop Joe Biden. He has surpassed President Donald J. Trump’s 15-month number by 202,101 Chi-Com lab-engineered virus deaths in FIFTEEN MONTHS. Joe has accomplished this onerous task in 454 days. He promised that he would lockdown the virus, NOT the country.
- 2022 Tuesday B: COVID-19 Statistics in the four states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Florida, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 9,160,884 confirmed cases, 89,829 confirmed deaths, and 8,927,386 confirmed recoveries. Moving on, here are the numbers for Florida: 5,932,238 confirmed cases, 73,738 confirmed deaths, and 5,804,985 confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 243,299 confirmed cases, 1,390 confirmed deaths, and 237,374 of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 1,477,863 confirmed cases, 12,626 confirmed deaths, and 1,438,153 confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other part of the U.S., Vermont: they have 120,503 confirmed cases, 626 confirmed deaths, and 114,526 confirmed recoveries.[xxii]
- 2022 Tuesday C: Foreign Covid Stats of The Day– Now that Mo has moved to Israel, let us look at the statistics there: 4,040,944 confirmed cases, 10,647 confirmed deaths, and 3,941,841 confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other portion of the world- Wallis and Futuna, 217th place on the list: 454 cases of the virus, 7 confirmed death and 438 confirmed recoveries.[xxiii]
- 2022 Tuesday D: Stock Market Closes/Precious and Rare Metals– DOW Jones Industrial Average: 34,911.20, UP 499.51 points (+1.45%). Next, the NASDAQ: 13,619.66 UP 287.30 points (+2.15%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 4,462.21, UP 70.52 points (+1.61%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $103.75 per barrel, +1.19 (+1.16%). The price of GOLD is $1,949.80 per troy oz., -9.20 (-0.47%) while the price of SILVER is $25.17 per troy ounce, +0.23 (-0.89%). The price of PLATINUM is $990.10 per troy oz, +1.40 (+0.14%) while the price of COPPER is $4.71 per pound, -0.01 (-0.28%).[xxiv] The price of PALLADIUM is $2,371.42 per troy oz., -0.51 (-0.02%). The price of RHODIUM is $18,900.00 per troy oz., -300.00 (-1.56%). The price of NEODYMIUM is $1,105,000.00 per CNY/T, +10,000.00 (+0.91%). The price of ALUMINUM is $3,261.00 per USD/T, -24.50 (-0.75%). The price of ZINC is $4,507.00 per USD/T., +95.00 (+2.15%). The price of COCOA is $2,525.00 per USD/T, 0.00 (0.00%). The price of COFFEE is $221.30 per USD/T, -2.20 (-0.98%). The price of LUMBER is $938.60 USD 1,000 board feet +14.70 (+1.59%).[xxv] Currently, Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000024. As for Chi-Com money, one-dollar U.S. = 6.39 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.93 euros, in Mexican pesos equals 20.01, and in Russian rubles, one dollar equals 78.25 of theirs. In Mauritanian Rupee, one greenback equals 42.90 and in Moldovan Leu, a buck equals 18.45 and in Mongolian Tughrik, one dollar equals 3,030.00 of theirs.[xxvi]
- 2022 Tuesday E: U.S. National Debt and Gasoline Prices in The Four States in Which We Have Chef-Authors– Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising and lowering by the day and NOTE- these prices are sans TAXES- in California, gasoline prices have moved to $5.702 per gallon, $4.072 in Florida, $5.239 in Hawaii, and $4.678 in Washington state.[xxvii] Let us look at one other portion of the United States: Kentucky- $3.812. We are going to do something else that could be fun- gasoline prices around the world going from cheapest to highest. The next country on the list has the 21st LOWEST gasoline price in the world- Oman: $2.344 per U.S. Gallon.[xxviii] Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $30,395,519,970,192 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but frigging TRILLIONS.[xxix] Cloward and Piven causing problems like they always do which is not good- those two bastards should have met their ends on the chopping block. As for holders of U.S. debt, after Sweden the next largest holder of U.S. debt is Philippines. This nation holds $43,000,000,000 of U.S. debt (it is important to note that these numbers vary every day with one nation after another jockeying for top position).
- 2022 Tuesday: Stick around for come what may…
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0805 a 20” x 24” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Meandering Stream.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day.
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
The historic Ryman Theater in Nashville, Tennessee, has seen loads of unforgettable concerts in its day and Levon Helm’s appearance there in 2011 is among those. “Ramble at the Ryman” came out on May 17, 2011, and features an unforgettable concert to be sure, one that features Band classics such as “Ophelia,” “Evangeline,” “Rag Mama Rag,” “The Shape I’m in,” “Chest Fever,” and “The Weight”- among others. There are also tunes he recorded on his solo efforts, all well worth the price of admission. Joining the drummer, vocalist, and mandolinist are Larry Campbell (guitars, fiddle, mandolins, and vocals), Paul Ossola (bass), Brian Mitchell (keyboards/vocals), Tony Leone (drums), a horn section, and backing vocalists. The Band isn’t around anymore but this is as close as it gets which is why we encourage everyone to seek this album out and making it a part of their never-ending, perpetually-growing collection.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 04-19-2022, all rights reserved. (Editor’s Note: we pay the estate of Beverly Carrick an annual fee by which, we can show her paintings to the world. We make NO money from the estate’s sales of her world-famous artworks). Total Word Count: 5,178. Chef Olaf Bologolo.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Beverly Carrick Fiery Sunset Desert Landscapes, Just the Facts, Unvarnished Truth- The, Alan Price, The Animals, Larry Ramos, The Association, Levon Helm, The Band, Paul Kossoff, Backstreet Crawler, Free, Frank Zappa, The Mothers, Mark Volman, The Turtles, President Abraham Lincoln, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, President Harry S. Truman, President Richard M. Nixon, President Gerald R. Ford, President Jimmy Carter, President Ronald Reagan, President George W. Bush, President Donald J. Trump, President Joseph R. Biden, Joe Biden, JOE BIDEN’S BORDER CATASTROPHE, Vice President Walter Mondale, “Kooky Kamala” Harris, U.S. Attorney General Wayne MacVeagh, U.S. Attorney General Janet Reno, U.S. Interior Secretary Rogers C.B. Morton, Acting U.S. Secretary of Transportation Maria Cino, General Douglas MacArthur, Senator George Voinovich, Senator Tammy Duckworth, U.S. House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi, Congresswoman Geraldine Ferraro, Congresswoman Ilhan “Allah Akbar” Omar, Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, Congresswoman Maxine “Prune Face” Waters, Congresswoman Rashida “Foul Mouth” Tlaib, Congressman Steve Stivers, Governor Andrew “Killer” Cuomo aka the Love Go aka the Gropin’ Gov, Governor Ron DeSantis, Attorney General Leticia James, New York Politics, AMAZING Dr. Tony Fauci, Dustin Moskovitz, Facebook, Patrice Cullors, Black Lives Matter, LIBERAL HYPOCRISY Alexei Navalny, Vladimir Putin, Russia, CRIME AND PUNISHMENT, Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin, Capitol Hill Police Officer Brian Sicknick, FALSE FLAG OPERATIONS, Capitol Hill Riots 01-06-2021, Zionists of America, Anti-Semitism, Ingraham v. Wright, Oklahoma City Bombing 1995, COVID-19, Chi-Vi- the, The ‘VID, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, China Virus, China Virus Crisis, Yellow Fever 2019-2021, Communist China Condition, Kung Flu- The, Wuhan Waltz- The, BIG C-19- The, Wuhan Whoopie- The, COVID-19 Mandates, Pelosi Pox- The, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Hubei Hooey- The, Xi Jinping’s Bat Fu Yuk, Communist Killer Virus 2019-2021 and Onward, Chairman Xi’s Fever, Chairman Xi’s Gift to the World- the Chi-Vi, COVID-19- the Trump Whacker, COVID-19- the Hong Kong Democracy Movement Killer, Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine, Chi-Vi Vaccines, BIG PHARMA, BIG OIL, U.S. National Gasoline Prices, Global Petrol Prices, DOW Jones Industrial Average, S & P 500, NASDAQ, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper, Palladium, Rhodium, Aluminum, Neodymium, Precious and Rare Metals, Light Sweet Crude Oil, U.S. Monetary Conversions, U.S. National Debt, U.S. National Debt Clock, National Security Matters, Monetary Conversions of the Day, Bitcoin, Chinese Yuan, European Union Euros, Mexican Pesos, Russian Ruble, Hong Kong Dollar, Hungarian Forint, Mauritian Rupee, Moldovan Leu, Mongolian Tughrik, California Gas Prices, Florida Gas Prices, Hawaii Gas Prices, Washington Gas Prices, Kentucky Gas Prices, Global Petrol Prices, Omani Petrol Price, Roman Catholic Church, Pope St. Leo IX, Pope Benedict XVI, Infamous American Outlaws, Bonnie and Clyde, Bonnie Parker, Professional Boxing, Buster Douglas, “Big George” Foreman, Cassius Clay, David Jaco, Evander “The Real Deal” Holyfield, Larry Holmes, Larry Holmes aka the Easton Assassin, Michael Spinks, Michael “The Jinx” Spinks, Tommy “The Duke” Morrison, Levon Helm, Chef Olaf Bologolo,
[i] We began presenting the music of the Animals, of Eric Burdon and the Animals, of Eric Burdon, Eric Burdon and War, and War beginning on Monday, 08-June-2015 and the presentation ran through Sunday, 02-August-2015. We hope you will seek them out and consider making them a part of your listening pleasure.
[ii] We promoted the music of the Association beginning on Wednesday, 25-September-2013 through Monday, 07-October-2013. These guys were amazing, we hope you will check them out and consider adding them to your growing collection of albums and CDs.
[iii] We began promoting the music of the famed California surf-rock band, the Turtles, beginning on Tuesday, 03-September-2013 through Friday, 13-September-2013.
[iv] Nationalist China is FREE China, the true owners of mainland China. Driven off the mainland by the Reds in 1948-49 to the island of Formosa, renamed Taiwan, these people held the seat in the United Nations now held by the communists. Many believe it is high time we return to a Two-China Policy that would recognize both the Free and the communist governments would benefit the entire world. Many also believe it is time to boot Red China out of the UN and welcome Taiwan back in, especially since the communists gave the world the COVID-19 Wuhan Virus Crisis.
[v] As usual, our main sources for the heroic Battle of Dien Bien Phu in which several thousand French Union troops fought against tens of thousands of ravenous communist soldiers comes from “The Last Valley” by Martin Windrow, De Capo Press, 2006.
[vi] We presented another series of interconnected bands which included Free, Bad Company, Led Zeppelin, the Firm, Mott the Hoople, Ian Hunter, the Yardbirds, and a plethora of solo and group efforts beginning on Wednesday, 02-July-2014 through Sunday, 19-October-2014. We definitely hope that you will seek this music out and consider adding it to your growing collection.
[vii] We promoted the music of both Koss and Back Street Crawler when we did the previous batch of famed British bands.
[viii] We are hopeful we will present the music of the Band and of its individual members sometime in 2024-2025. Great music by a superb band
[x] Speaking of the decision to flip the game from Atlanta to Denver, we learned today that unsavory people like Stacey Abrams and the big dimwit, the pro-Chi-Com-loving LeBron James were integral in getting the game moved. How outrageous. How evil. Scumbags.
[xii] Commodities – Oil, Silver and Gold Prices – CNN Business– see this site for daily commodity information.
[xiii] Palladium PRICE Today | Palladium Spot Price Chart | Live Price of Palladium per Ounce | Markets Insider (businessinsider.com) See this site for daily trading in palladium.
[xiv] Commodities Prices – Spot – Futures (tradingeconomics.com) See this site for much of the economic information cobbled together at this blog.
[xvii] U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.
[xviii] Governor Ron DeSantis also is dumping YouTube in favor of Rumble.
[xix] You know, we suspect she may have done this on purpose so that violence does indeed break out, violence she believes she can use to her benefit. Wouldn’t it be great if an unruly mob showed up outside her home?
[xx] Bing seems to be covering numbers up for the Biden administration so here is where we have gone now: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[xxiii] We obtain our statistics for the coronavirus from: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[xxiv] Commodities – Oil, Silver and Gold Prices – CNN Business– see this site for daily commodity information.
[xxv] Commodities Prices – Spot – Futures (tradingeconomics.com) See this site for much of the economic information cobbled together at this blog.
[xxviii] Please see the following site for information on global gas prices: Gasoline prices around the world, 26-Apr-2021 | GlobalPetrolPrices.com
[xxix] U.S. National Debt Clock: Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.