TODAY IN HISTORY
Your host for the week of September 20-26, 2021: Chef James “JT” Tobiason ACF-CWC
Visalia, CA 93277
Contact Me: tobeat34AICP@gmail.com
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
SUMMER SESSION 2021
BLOG POST #4,172 AT THE AICP-END
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 418
DAY TWO-HUNDRED-AND-FORTY-FOUR OF THE BIDEN REGIME
263. TODAY IN HISTORY—MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2021:
Presidents James A. Garfield and Chester Alan Arthur; U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Levi Woodbury; the Doors featuring Jim Morrison, Manfred Mann’s Earth Band featuring Mick Rogers, and the Steve Miller Band featuring Tim Davis:
- 451 Wednesday: Roman General Aetius defeats the army of Attila the Hun at Chalons-su-Marne in Roman Gaul.
- 1519 Saturday: Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan and his crew set out from Spain on five ships to find a western passage to the Spice Islands; however, Magellan died on route but one of his ships eventually sailed around the globe.
- 1565 Monday: Spanish troops capture Ft. Caroline, Florida, and massacre its French defenders.
- 1620 Sunday: At the Battle of Jassy, Ottoman Turkish troops defeat the troops of Polish King Sigismund III.
- 1664 Saturday: Maryland passes the first Anti-Amalgamation Law to prevent black men from marrying white English women.
- 1746 Tuesday: Bonnie Prince Charlie flees Scotland for France to escape capture by the British.
- 1845 Saturday: The 30th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Levi Woodbury took his seat on the nation’s highest court on this date. A Democratic-Republican, President James K. Polk nominated Woodbury to fill the seat of Associate Justice Joseph Story. Woodbury would serve from today until his death on September 04, 1851.
- 1850 Friday: Washington D.C. abolishes the slave trade but allows slavery to continue in its territory.
- 1854 Wednesday: British and French troops defeat the Russian army at the Battle of Alma Krim in the Crimea.
- 1863 Sunday: The Battle of Chickamauga, Georgia, ends during the Civil War.
- 1870 Tuesday: Italian troops took control of the Papal States, leading to the unification of Italy.
- 1873 Saturday: Panic swept the floor of the New York Stock Exchange in the wake of railroad bond defaults and bank failures.
- 1881 Tuesday: Vice President Chester Alan Arthur is sworn in as the nation’s 21st president as his predecessor, President James A. Garfield, struck by an assassin’s bullet and been in the hospital for a couple of weeks, succumbed to his wounds.
- 1884 Saturday: The National Equal Rights Party was formed in San Francisco, California; the convention nominated Belva Ann Bennett Lockwood for president.
- 1904 Tuesday: Orville and Wilbur Wright fly in a circular pattern in their Flyer II aircraft.
- 1911 Wednesday: The British liner RMS Olympic collided with the Royal Navy cruiser HMS Hawke off the Isle of Wight; although severely damaged; the Olympic could return to Southampton under its own power.
- 1921 Tuesday: KDKA in Pittsburgh started a daily radio newscast and was among the first to do so in the United States.
- 1927 Tuesday: New York Yankee slugger Babe Ruth hits his 60th homer of the season off Tom Zachary.
- 1932 Tuesday: The Chicago Cubs clinch the National League Pennant. They had a record of 90-64 but when they faced the New York Yankees in the World Series, the Bronx Bombers beat them in four straight games. Ouch.
- 1945 Thursday: Captured German rocket engineers begin work in the United States for the military.
- 1946 Friday: The first Cannes Film Festival premiered. Originally slated to commence in 1939, World War II delayed the festival for seven years. Meanwhile, WNBT-TV in New York became the first station to promote a motion picture. They showed scenes from “The Jolson Story.” Elsewhere, in Dovercourt, Essex, England, future guitarist and vocalist with Manfred Mann’s Earth Band (1971-1975 / 1983-present)- Mick Rogers- is born. Rogers would also play with the short-lived band, Aviator.
- 1948 Monday: The Mexican Baseball League disbands.
- 1953 Sunday: The TV show “Letter to Loretta” premiered. However, less than five months later, the producers changed the name of the show to “The Loretta Young Show” on February 14, 1954.
- 1958 Saturday: Martin Luther King was seriously wounded during a book signing at a New York City department store when Izola Curry stabbed him in the chest; Curry was later found incompetent to stand trial.
- 1960 Tuesday: The United Nations admits Cyprus and 13 African nations for 96-member nations.
- 1962 Thursday: Democrat governor Ross R. Barnett blocked James Meredith, a black student, from enrolling at the University of Mississippi; however, Meredith could enroll later.
- 1963 Friday: President John F. Kennedy proposed a joint U.S.-Soviet expedition to the moon in a speech to the U.N. General Assembly.
- 1967 Wednesday: The ocean liner Queen Elizabeth 2 (QE2) launched. It eventually goes out of service on November 27, 2008.
- 1969 Saturday: “Sugar-Sugar” by the Archies[i] hits #1 on the pop music charts.
- 1970 Sunday: Jim Morrison of the Doors[ii] is found ‘not guilty’ on charges of lewd conduct at a concert appearance in Florida.
- 1973 Thursday: In their so-called “battle of the sexes,” tennis star Billie Jean King defeated Bobby Riggs in straight sets, 6-4, 6-3, 6-3, at the Houston Astrodome.
- 1977 Tuesday: Vietnam and Djibouti ask for UN membership. Meanwhile, the first of the “boat people” arrived in San Francisco from Southeast Asia under a new U.S. resettlement program.
- 1982 Monday: U.S. President Ronald Reagan announced that the U.S., France, and Italy were going to send peacekeeping troops to Beirut.
- 1984 Thursday: A suicide car bomb launched by a member of the so-called ‘religion of peace’ attacks the U.S. Embassy annex in Beirut, Lebanon, killing 23 people. Meanwhile, “The Cosby Show” premiered on NBC-TV on this date.
- 1988 Tuesday: Tim Davis, former drummer with the Steve Miller Band[iii], dies from complications of diabetes. Davis performed with the band through its first five albums and then left the group following an extended hiatus of the group. You can hear his work on “Children of the Future,” “Sailor,” “Brave New World,” “Your Saving Grace,” and “Number 5.” He was a gifted percussionist and his life sadly was cut short at age 44.
- 1989 Wednesday: F.W. de Klerk took the oath of office for the presidency of South Africa.
- 1990 Thursday: Both Germanys ratify reunification.
- 1991 Friday: U.N. weapons inspectors left for Iraq in a renewed search for Iraqi weapons of mass destruction.
- 1995 Wednesday: AT&T announced that it would be splitting into three companies. The companies were AT&T, Lucent Technologies, and NCR Corp. The U.S. House of Representatives voted to drop the national speed limit. This would allow each state to decide its own speed limits.
- 1999 Monday: Lawrence Russell Brewer became the second white supremacist to be convicted in the dragging death of James Byrd Jr. in Jasper, Texas. Brewer underwent execution on September 21, 2011.
- 2001 Thursday: Before a joint session of Congress, President George W. Bush announced a new cabinet level office to fortify homeland security and named Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge its director.
- 2004 Monday: CBS News apologized for a “mistake in judgment” in its story questioning President George W. Bush’s National Guard service, saying it could not vouch for the authenticity of documents used in the bogus report. This cost news anchor Dan Rather and some of his support staff their jobs. Fake news media, folks.
- 2010 Monday: Next to the Moon in the night sky, the brightest object is Jupiter as it makes it closest approach to Earth since 1963.
- 2011 Tuesday: The U.S. officially ends the Bill Clinton-era “Don’t ask, don’t tell” military policy, which allows Gays and lesbians publicly to declare their sexual orientation.
- 2012 Thursday: According to Brainy History, former U.S. Presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty resigns from Mitt Romney’s Presidential campaign, planning instead to work for the Financial Services Roundtable in Washington, D.C.
- 2013 Friday: According to Brainy History, within days of its launch, the “Grand Theft Auto V” videogame reaches sales of $1billion, becoming the fastest single entertainment product ever to achieve these sales.
- 2014 Saturday: After Turkey sends Special Forces into neighboring Syria to clash with ISIS, the murderous scumbags release 49 Turkish hostages.
- 2015 Sunday: On the first day of the papal visit to the communist nation of Cuba, Pope Francis meets with murderous thug ex-dictator Fidel Castro. Did the Pope grant the POS absolution? Elsewhere, whiz kid CEO of Turing Pharmaceuticals Martin Shkreli raises the price of a generic toxoplasmosis medication- Daraprim- by more than 5,000-percent throwing patients who have long used the inexpensive medication to treat their illnesses into a frenzy. Is this what Obamacare is going to bring to the American medical consumers? Where is the Obama administration?
- 2016 Tuesday: In Charlotte, North Carolina, after a BLACK police officer shoots dead Keith Lamont Scott, a BLACK person, violent riots explode bringing Black Lives Matter and Antifa thugs a running. This would go on several days until order was restored.
- 2017 Wednesday: Hurricane Maria, the strongest hurricane to slam Puerto Rico in more than 80 years, struck the island, wiping out as much as 75 percent of the power distribution lines and causing an island-wide blackout that the territory is still attempting to recover from.
- 2018 Thursday: Near Baltimore, Maryland, a worker at a Rite Aid distribution center ‘goes postal,’ shoots seven people, kills three, and then takes her own life. Yeah, we know: Trump’s responsible! (LOL)
- 2019 Friday: Angry, indoctrinated students from 185 countries stage a massive walkout in protest of older people destroying the planet via climate change. In Manhattan, angry Greta Thunberg, the Hitler Jugend-like ‘climate warrior’ gives a speech to screeching kids at a rally.[iv] Meanwhile, at the White House, President Donald J. Trump welcomes Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison for a week-long visit.
- 2020 Sunday: President Donald J. Trump approves of the looming deal that will transfer part ownership of the Chi-Com app, TikTok into the control of Oracle and Walmart and which will change the name to TikTok Global. The U.S. is trying to eject the Chinese Communist Party from having yet another avenue into the United States from which to steal as much data and information as possible with which to use against us. Beijing threatens retaliation. Elsewhere, on George Stephanopoulos ABC program, an embittered and somewhat senile House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi threatens to impeach President Donald J. Trump if he moves forward with a replacement for U.S. Supreme Court Associate Ruth Bader Ginsburg who died Friday night from metastatic pancreatic cancer at age 87. All news outlets- including Fox News Channel- accuse the GOP of hypocrisy for not bringing Barack Obama’s third U.S. Supreme Court pick Merrick Garland up for a vote in 2016. What Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said in 2016 is the same as he said this year: when a president of a different party than the one controlling the Senate in an election year brings up a SCOTUS replacement, the party controlling the Senate does not normally approve one and put them on the court, going back as far as the late 1880’s. This time around the Republican Party controls both the Senate and the White House so NO hypocrisy exists, yet the liberals continue screeching and howling that what POTUS is going to do is somehow ‘unconstitutional’ and ‘unfair.’ Folks the Democrats would do it in a heartbeat.
- 2020 Sunday A: Following the attempted delivery of a letter filled with ricin to the White House, the FBI, the U.S. Secret Service and U.S. Postal inspectors are searching for clues as to whom sent it. Meanwhile, we now for a fact that former FBI Director James Comey will appear before Sen. Lindsey Graham’s Senate committee on September 30, 2020, to answer questions about his behavior in the “Trump-Russia Collusion” scam. Elsewhere, we learn in the BIG FIVE Democrat-controlled states in the U.S., unemployment runs rampant, the same states with governor-inflicted Wuhan Virus shutdowns. In Washington state, the number is 10.3 percent. In Oregon, it’s 10.4 percent. In California, it’s 13.3 percent. In Illinois, it’s 11.3 percent and in New York, the number is 15.9 percent. Shame on you. Reopen and give your people their lives back!
- 2020 Sunday B: Folks, here are the numbers for the Xi Jinping Yellow Bat Flu- the -so-called Pelosi Pox: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 30,859,069 confirmed cases, +270,080, 958,314, confirmed deaths, +4,832, and 21,099,095 confirmed recoveries, +266,265. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 6,863,854 confirmed cases, up 44,145 from yesterday’s reporting, 202,409 confirmed deaths, UP 674, and 3,705,509 confirmed recoveries, UP 16,428. Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 785,076 confirmed cases, 15,023 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 11,457 confirmed cases, 120 confirmed deaths, and 4,622 confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 85,886 confirmed cases, 2,130 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other state: West Virginia- currently, they have 14,054 confirmed cases, 310 confirmed deaths, and 10,227 confirmed recoveries- thank you, Governor Jim Justice, you are a fantastic person! Let’s look at Israel’s numbers now that Mo is living there: 187,902 confirmed cases, 1,256 confirmed deaths, and 130,024 confirmed recoveries.
- 2020 Sunday C: Here are the NFL scores for today: (1) Chicago Bears 17, New York Giants 13. (2) Dallas Cowboys 40, Atlanta Falcons 39. (3) Indianapolis Colts 28, Minnesota Vikings 11. (4) Los Angeles Rams 30, Philadelphia Eagles 19. (5) San Francisco 49ers 31, New York Jets 13. (6) Tennessee Titans 33, Jacksonville Jaguars 30. (7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31, Carolina Panthers 17. (8) Pittsburgh Steelers 26, Denver Broncos 21. (9) Green Bay Packers 42, Detroit Lions 21. (10) Buffalo Bills 31, Miami Dolphins 28. (11) Arizona Cardinals 30, Washington REDSKINS 15. (12) Baltimore Ravens 33, Houston Texans 16. (13) Kansas City Chief 23, Los Angeles Chargers 20. (14) Late game: Seattle Seahawks 35, New England Patriots 30.
- 2021 Monday: Stick around for today’s news. Tonight’s NFL Monday Night Football game is between the Detroit Lions (0-1-0) and the Green Bay Packers (0-1-0).
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0594 a 12” x 16” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Standing Guard.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day.
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
On occasions with other bands, we have done their videos and with Jethro Tull, we are going to finish off with as many of their videos that we can. Today, we have “Slipstream,” a video that came out on July 01, 1981, that featured music recorded during the “A” tour. The band features Ian Anderson (vocals, flutes, guitars, keyboards), Martin Barre (guitars), Dave Pegg (bass- Fairport Convention), Mark Craney (drums and percussion), and Eddie Jobson (electronic instruments/music). Some fans find this to be a perfect addition to the band’s catalog and some are disappointed. We tend to think ANY music from the band in any form is well worth having. We hope you will seek this one out and add it to your collection.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 09-20-2021, all rights reserved. Data compiled with complete constructiveness by Moses Scharbug III. Total Word Count: 2,595. Chef James “JT” Tobiason.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, The Steve Miller Band, Tim Davis, Jim Morrison, the Doors, Manfred Mann’s Earth Band, Mick Rogers, Aviator, Presidents James A. Garfield, President Chester Alan Arthur, President James K. Polk, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Levi Woodbury, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Joseph Story, NFL 2020 Regular Season Games, Sunday 10:00 A.M. 2020 NFL Matchups, Sunday 1:25 P.M. 2020 NFL Matchups, NFL Sunday Night Football 2020 Matchups, NFL Monday Night Football 2021 Matchups, Jethro Tull, Chef James “JT” Tobiason,
TODAY IN HISTORY, MONDAY SEPTEMBER 20, 2021, #4,172
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Monday, September 20, 2021:
[i] We will do the music of the Archies before we ever do the music of skanks such as Cardi B, Madonna, or any other of the current crop of female singers.
[ii] We began offering the music of the Doors on Saturday, 18-February-2012 and concluded them on Monday, 02-April-2012. We encourage everyone to seek them out and consider adding them to your collection.
[iii] We began promoting the music of the Steve Miller Band beginning on Wednesday, 27-July-2011 through Wednesday, 24-August-2011 and then did a second stint on Sunday, 20-April-2014. We hope you will check the music of this amazing San Francisco, California, acid-rock blues band.
[iv] Sadly, little Ms. Greta Thunberg is a perfect example of an indoctrinated leftist, frightened into believing that CLIMATE CHANGE is something caused by humans. Any person who has ever taken a university-level geography class understands that the Sun is the number one driver of all things to do with climate and on every planet in the Solar System that has one, every satellite that has one. The amount (or lack) of solar flares, sunspots, and the intensity or lessening of the solar winds understands that these are the driving forces of climate change. We can combat pollution and maintain a pristine environment but we cannot control how hot or cool the summers are or vice versa what the winters are. Stop scaring people you flipping left-wing climate activists!
WE THANK EVERYONE FOR JOINING US AT WORDPRESS.COM AND FOR AIDING US IN CONTINUING TO DO THE WORK WE TOOK UPON OURSELVES MORE THAN A DECADE AGO
Remember when Eric Schmidt, Sundar Pichai, and Google were patriotic American organizations? Now, they’re toadies for Beijing and the MSS
FOLKS, JOE HAS GOT TO GO- NOW!