TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
SPRING SESSION 2021
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 236
84. TODAY IN HISTORY—FRIDAY, MARCH 25, 2022:
Maryland Day (Maryland)
U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice George Sutherland; U.S. Attorney General Edward Bates; U.S. Secretary of Defense Thomas S. Gates, Jr.; the Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr.; Motown legend Aretha Franklin, “Yesterday and Today” by the Beatles, Buck Owens, the Byrds featuring Kevin Kelly, Elton John, Spooky Tooth featuring Mike Harrison, Tower of Power featuring Stephen “Doc” Kupka, and “Happy Together” by the Turtles:
- 31 Tuesday: According to calendar-maker Dionysius Exiguous, the people of the time celebrated the First Easter.
- 708 Wednesday: Constantine begins his reign as the 88th Roman Catholic Pope. He would guide his Holy Church from today until April 09, 715.
- 752 Tuesday: Stephen- the man who would have been the 92nd Roman Catholic pope had he not died before undergoing the ceremonies connected with being pope- died on this date. He began his journey on March 22 but did not make it all the way.
- 1199 Thursday: Richard I, Lion Heart, King of England, suffers a wound from a crossbow while fighting in France; the wound would turn septic, and he would die on April 06.
- 1306 Thursday: Robert the Bruce was crowned King of Scots.
- 1634 Saturday: The first settlers found the Catholic colony of Maryland.
- 1669 Monday: Mount Etna erupts in Sicily, killing at least 20,000 people.
- 1776 Monday: The Continental Congress awarded the first Congressional Gold Medal to General George Washington, commander of the Continental Army.
- 1807 Wednesday: The British Parliament abolishes slave trade. Meanwhile, the first railway passenger service begins in England on this date.
- 1813 Thursday: The frigate USS Essex flew the first U.S. flag in battle in the Pacific.
- 1821 Sunday: Greece gains independence from Turkey (National Day).
- 1851 Tuesday: White explorers see Yosemite Valley for the first time.
- 1857 Wednesday: Frederick Laggenheim took the first photo of a solar eclipse.
- 1862 Tuesday: In Stony Stratford, Great Britain, future 70th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice George Sutherland is born. President Warren G. Harding would nominate his fellow Republican to fill Associate Justice John Hessin Clarke’s seat, a Democrat. He would serve from September 05, 1922, to January 17, 1938.
- 1865 Saturday: During the Civil War, Confederate forces attacked Ford Stedman in Virginia, but counterattacking Union forces managed to repel the attack. Elsewhere, the SS General Lyon at Cape Hatteras caught fire and sank, killing 400 people aboard her.
- 1869 Thursday: In St. Louis, Missouri, the 23rd U.S. Attorney General of the United States died at age 75. A member of numerous political parties, he served under President Abraham Lincoln from 03-05-1861 to 11-24-1864.
- 1894 Sunday: Jacob S. Coxey began leading an ‘army’ of unemployed from Massillon, Ohio, to Washington, D.C., to demand help from the federal government.
- 1895 Monday: Italian troops invade Abyssinia (Ethiopia) the first time around. Things would not work out well this time.
- 1898 Friday: The Intercollegiate Trapshooting Association underwent formation in New York City.
- 1900 Sunday: The Socialist Party of the United States formed in Indianapolis, Indiana, on this date.
- 1901 Monday: In Nice, France, at the five-day “Week of Nice,” Daimler introduced the Mercedes.
- 1902 Tuesday: Irving W. Colburn patented the sheet glass drawing machine.
- 1905 Saturday: The United States returned captured Confederate battle flags from the Civil War to their owners in the South.
- 1911 Saturday: 146 people, mostly young female immigrants, died when fire broke out at the Triangle Shirtwaist Co. in New York. Prosecutors in New York indicted the owners of the company on manslaughter charges because some of the employees suffered entrapment behind locked doors within the factory.
- 1915 Thursday: The U.S. Navy lost its first commissioned submarine as the USS F-4 sank off Hawaii, claiming the lives of all 21 crew members.
- 1931 Wednesday: Having been accused and then framed by white Southern cops for the rape of a white woman, the police arrest the ill-fated Scottsboro Boys in Alabama. Elsewhere, in India, fifty people died in rioting with Gandhi being among those assaulted by the raging mobs.
- 1936 Wednesday: The Detroit Red Wings defeated the Montreal Maroons in the longest hockey game to date. The game lasted 2 hours and 56 minutes.
- 1937 Thursday: Italy and Yugoslavia sign no-attack treaty (Pact of Belgrade). Meanwhile, in the Spanish Civil War, Nationalist forces aided by their Fascist Italian allies continue investing the capital city of Madrid, which has become a tough nut to crack. Republican forces, i.e., Soviet-backed communist forces aided by the International Brigades[i], may be having a tough go of it in other parts of the country but continue to fight with determined resolve. Commander Francisco Franco of the Nationalists is beginning to see he may need a new strategy.
- 1940 Monday: The U.S. agreed to give Britain and France access to all American warplanes. Meanwhile, the British government forbids its captured soldiers from participating in radio broadcasts for the Nazis. British civilians listen to the radio to get the news and when they pick up the voices of their loved ones on German radio, it creates a problem with morale.
- 1941 Tuesday: In Dillon, South Carolina, founders incorporate the first paprika mill. Meanwhile, in Vienna, representatives of the Yugoslav government sign the Tripartite Act making them de facto allies of the Third Reich and the rest of the Axis. Germany agrees in turn to respect Yugoslav sovereignty and will not demand movement of its troops through their country either to the south or to the east. The Yugoslav people aren’t happy about what their government has done.
- 1942 Wednesday: Seven-hundred Jews of Polish Lvov-district reach Belzec Concentration Camp. Meanwhile, U.S. Naval forces arrive in England to help protect Scapa Flow while British naval assets leave for the invasion of Madagascar. The Royal Navy- the mightiest in the world- has suffered heavy losses in the Indian and Pacific Oceans fighting the Imperial Japanese. Elsewhere, in Memphis, Tennessee, future Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin is born.
- 1943 Thursday: Kevin Kelly, future drummer with the Rising Sons, the Byrds[ii], and Fever Tree was born in California. Elsewhere, the fight in North Africa is close to an end with the Afrika Korps remnants abandoning the Mareth Line as British armored units continue making big gains.
- 1944 Saturday: On the Eastern Front, the Germans continue having a tough time with superior Red Army forces in the Ukraine. With First Panzer Army- commanded by Generaloberst Hans Valentin-Hube- encircled along the Dniester River, Field Marshal Erich Von Manstein flew to meet with Hitler at the Berchtesgaden where the Nazi leader was vacationing. Manstein begged his Fuhrer for permission to permit the encircled tankers to break out. At first permission was denied but by the end of the day, Hitler authorized the breakout and also authorized the release of four divisions- two infantry and two SS panzer divisions to aid in helping their comrades break out and flee to the west.
- 1945 Sunday: The U.S. First Army begins operations to break out from the bridgehead near Remagen, Germany. On the crumbling Eastern Front, the Soviets have pushed to the Danube River pushing German and remaining Hungarian troops back. Many Hungarians are already switching sides although they fail to see that the Soviets will be far worse masters than were their German allies. To the west, U.S. 8th Air Force bombers are devastating industrial centers in and around Hamburg, Germany.
- 1946 Monday: Future member of the East Bay funk-rock-soul-jazz band, Tower of Power[iii]–Stephen “Doc” Kupka (baritone saxophone/backing vocals/oboe)—is born in Berkeley, California, on this date.
- 1947 Tuesday: A coalmine explosion in Centralia, Illinois, claimed 111 lives. Elsewhere, Elton John[iv], also known as Reginald Kenneth Dwight, singer ‘Rocket Man’ and ‘Candle in the Wind’ was born in Pinner, England on this date. Finally, John D. Rockefeller III presented a check to the United Nations for $8.5 million so the organization could purchase land for the site of the U.N. center in New York City.
- 1954 Thursday: RCA announced it had begun producing color television sets at its plant in Bloomington, Indiana. The sets, with 12.5-inch picture tubes, cost $1,000 each—roughly $8,700 in today’s dollars. Elsewhere, the Battle of Dien Bien Phu continues with the People’s Army continuing to build up its forces for the next major assaults while among the French Union forces, there is renewed hope what with Lt. Colonel Pierre “Gars Pierre” Langlais in charge of the tactical situation and Colonel Christian de Castries in charge of the strategic situation. The paratroopers are determined to get the battle back on their plan rather than the enemies and the next steps will be to head out into the scrub and eliminate the Viet Minh AA batteries as well as to drive the small PA units making the main airfield unusable except at certain times.
- 1955 Friday: East Germany was granted full sovereignty by its occupying power, the U.S.S.R. Of course, East Germany would remain a puppet state until the fall of the Soviet Union. The former Nazis would become ‘good communists’ now.
- 1957 Monday: The Treaty of Rome establishes the European Economic Community.
- 1960 Friday: A guided missile launched from a nuclear-powered submarine for the first time.
- 1965 Thursday: The Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. led 25,000 marchers to the state capitol in Montgomery, Alabama, to protest the denial of voting rights to blacks. Later that day, civil rights activist Viola Liuzzo, a white Detroit homemaker, was shot and killed by Ku Klux Klansmen.
- 1966 Friday: The Beatles[v] pose with mutilated dolls and butchered meat for the cover of the “Yesterday and Today” album; soon after release, the record company pulls it due to public outrage. Meanwhile, the U.S. Supreme Court rules the poll tax to be ‘unconstitutional’ in its landmark ruling, Harper v. Virginia State Board of Elections,
- 1967 Saturday: The Turtles’[vi] “Happy Together” goes #1. This tune will forever cement them in the annals of rock-and-roll history.
- 1969 Tuesday: Pakistani General Agha Mohammed Jagja Khan succeeds Ayub Chan as president.
- 1970 Wednesday: The Concorde makes its first supersonic flight at 700 mph.
- 1971 Thursday: In the NFL, Boston Patriots become the New England Patriots.
- 1972 Saturday: In Denver, Colorado, heavyweight slugger, Ron Lyle, scores a KO of opponent, George “Scrap Iron” Johnson, at the 0:31 second mark of Round 3 in a scheduled 10-round heavyweight bout. Lyle’s pro record would go to 13-0 while the record of Johnson would go to 12-1.
- 1975 Tuesday: A nephew with a history of mental illness shot King Faisal of Saudi Arabia to death on this date. In June of the same year in fulfillment of Islamic law., the nephew underwent beheading at the hands of an executioner.
- 1978 Saturday: In Paradise, Nevada, at Caesar’s Palace, heavyweight boxer Larry Holmes, aka the Easton Assassin, scores a 12-round unanimous decision over Earnie Shavers. This put Shavers’ record to 54-7-1 while that of Holmes went to 27-0.
- 1982 Thursday: Wayne Gretzky becomes the first NHL player to score 200 points in a season.
- 1983 Friday: Congress passed legislation to rescue the U.S. social security system from bankruptcy—and now in the present, thanks to Barack Hussein Obama and his Democrats from 2009-2017—the system is in far worse shape. Elsewhere, the 7th U.S. Secretary of Defense Thomas S. Gates Jr. died at age 76 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. A Republican, he served under President Dwight D. Eisenhower from December 02 ,1959, to January 20, 1961.
- 1986 Tuesday: President Ronald Reagan ordered emergency aid for the Honduran army. U.S. helicopters airlifted Honduran troops to the Nicaraguan border.
- 1988 Friday: Robin Givens demands full access to husband Mike Tyson’s money. Elsewhere, Robert E. Chambers pled guilty to first-degree manslaughter in the death of 18-year-old Jennifer Levin. People living in New York City know this case as the “preppie murder case.”
- 1990 Sunday: 87 people, most of them Honduran and Dominican immigrants, died when fire raced through an illegal social club in New York City.
- 1995 Saturday: Boxer Mike Tyson released from jail after serving 3 years for a sexual assault for which he may have been set up.
- 1998 Wednesday: The first person to use the doctor-assisted suicide law in Oregon—an unnamed cancer patient—did so on this date; talk about medical progress!
- 2001 Sunday: 73rd Academy Awards Oscar Ceremony, Steve Martin hosts, “Gladiator” wins Best Picture, Russell Crowe, and Julia Roberts win lead acting awards.
- 2004 Thursday: The Senate joined the House in passing the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, making it a separate offense to harm a fetus during a violent federal crime.
- 2006 Saturday: Famed country-and-western star, Buck Owens, passed away on this date in Bakersfield, California; he was 76-years-old.
- 2011 Friday: The Tibetan parliament will seek the Tibetan community’s opinion after the Tibetan government in-exile accepts the Dalai Lama’s resignation from politics. Elsewhere, Iran’s government rejects an investigation into alleged human rights abuses called for by the United Nations Human Rights Council.
- 2012 Sunday: U.S. President Barack Obama begins a three-day visit to South Korea, as tensions rise over North Korea’s proposed missile tests.
- 2013 Monday: President of China, Xi Jinping addresses leaders in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, vowing to strengthen ties with Africa. This is his first trip to the African continent and the Chinese leader looks to make deals from one end of the continent to the other so that it can scoop up resources at friendly prices. Within seven years, the People’s Republic of China will control much of the region.
- 2014 Tuesday: U.S. Girl Scout Katie Francis breaks the record for selling cookies for the organization’s annual fundraiser, selling 18,107 boxes over a seven-week period. Meanwhile, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin announce their intention to divorce after 11 years of marriage; the announcement on Paltrow’s website was titled “Conscious Uncoupling.”
- 2015 Wednesday: German aviation investigators begin to uncover clues that the co-pilot, Andreas Lubitz, on a recent German air flight that crashed in the French Alps locked the pilot out of the cabin before putting the plane into a dive. Meanwhile, the U.S. Army charges Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl with desertion and misbehavior before the enemy. Sgt. Bergdahl was unhappy with his fellow squad mates and walked away from his post back in 2009. The Taliban captured him and held him until President Barack Obama negotiated for his release. In exchange for his 2014 release, the Obama administration gave up 5-6 top Taliban terrorists who made it back to the battlefield. Good going there, Barack.
- 2016 Friday: Adherents of the so-called “religion of peace: Islam,” in this case, ISIS, carry out a suicide bombing at a football match at Iskandariya, Iraq, kills 32 people and wounds scores more. However, things don’t go well for the ISIS B-team in Nigeria, Boko Haram. Nigerian troops carry out a rescue and clearing operation in the troubled northeastern part of their country and in so doing, kill at least 22 jihadists, capture numerous others, and rescue 800 hostages. Good for you guys!
- 2017 Saturday: Following Israeli airstrikes on Hezbollah targets inside Syria, Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad does some chest-thumping today by threatening to make ‘his war’ a wider war with Israel and declares that he might begin firing some SCUD missiles at his Jewish foes. Of course, the Israelis are not impressed about any threats emanating from Damascus and they let Assad and his generals know that if you fire ANYTHING at any of our cities or assets, we are going to clean your clocks. Spoiler alert- the POS Syrian dictator doesn’t.
- 2018 Sunday: After things not going well between President Donald J. Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, the latter boards his armored train and heads to Beijing so he can powwow with Chinese dictator Xi Jinping. Meanwhile, in the Siberian city of Kemerovo, a fire breaks out at a shopping mall that claims the lives of at least 64 and injures numerous others. Elsewhere, famed blues-psychedelic-rock vocalist Mike Harrison of the British band, Spooky Tooth[vii], died in his hometown of Carlisle, Cumberland, England at age 72 on this date.
- 2019 Monday: Following the first rocket launch from the Gaza Strip since 2014 aimed at Tel Aviv, the Israelis launch airstrikes into the Palestinian-controlled S-hole area. Meanwhile, in the so-called ‘Socialist paradise of Venezuela,’ ongoing power shortages cause workers and students to remain at home And Sen. Bernie Sanders and AOC in the United States want the U.S. to become more like Venezuela and Cuba. No flipping way, Jose!
- 2020 Wednesday: COVID-19 statistics continue rising (although Communist China claims they are going DOWN in their neck of the global woods) what with 470,973 confirmed cases worldwide with 21,276 deaths. Meanwhile, the United States acknowledges 68,572 cases and 1,031 deaths as of this publishing time. Meanwhile, Democrats continue trying to stuff all sorts of Marxist craziness into the Coronavirus Relief Bill President Trump wants sent to his desk for his signature ASAP.
- 2021 Thursday: JOE BIDEN’S FIRST PRESS CONFERENCE IN 65 DAYS- An extremely fatigued, slow-moving, mumbling, stumbling Joe Biden gave his first official press conference today. He began mumbling through his pre-rehearsed lines, clearing his throat, looking furtively around the room, and spewing whatever the voice in his earpiece told him to spew. This was extremely embarrassing for the American people and in the eyes of the world, deeply humiliating. It is clear that Joe Biden is NOT his own man but a marionette on a string being danced about by someone else. Within 3 minutes starting at 10:29 A.M. PDT he moved to questions by 10:32 with Zeke from the Associated Press getting the first shot. Joe said, “I was elected to solve problems,” said Joe. Regarding the border, Joe Biden says, “Nothing has changed, it happens every year, hundreds of thousands of illegals come here every year.” He says it’s ‘NOT because he’s a good guy but it’s because this is the safest time not to die in the desert coming here.’ Wow, Joe. Joe then blamed President Donald J. Trump for ‘dismantling the system, defunding HHS, limiting the number of beds available, and doing all sorts of other evil things that poor old Joe is now having to rebuild.’ (Note- Joe, just build the wall and f**king deport them all!). Joe lied by saying he is sending back ‘thousands, tens of thousands of people who are over age 18 and single as well as vast majorities of families.’ He said that ‘they are not crossing our border.’ (Joe went about 62 minutes and answered questions from approximately 13-14 reporters. Congrats, Joe, you didn’t topple over, and blood did not start flowing out of your eyes, ears, and nostrils).[viii]
- 2021 Thursday A: LOGAN ACT VIOLATIONS- Information is beginning to arise showing that former U.S. Secretary of State (and current climate change czar) John F. Kerry committed numerous Logan Act violations by conducting shadow diplomacy behind the Trump administration’s back with all manner of noxious toadstools such as Iran, the Chi-Coms, the Russians, the Venezuelans, and every other crap-hole country in the world. Mr. Kerry should be doing time in Ft. Leavenworth for his crimes.
- 2021 Thursday B: POLITICAL NEWS I- a recent report shows that moderate Democrats outperformed their crazier left-wing Democrats in the 2020 Elections, yet the loony tunes liberal losers seem to retain control. Next, Senator Bernie Sanders- breaking with the Biden administration- is demanding higher taxes than those proposed by Biden and his Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen. Communism is expensive to fund. Next, Joe Biden is planning on spending another $10 billion to get more shots into arms and has announced that he is going to double his pledge of getting 100 million vaccines administered in his first 100 days to 200 million doses. In other fascinating news, the U.S. Secret Service tried to CONCEAL from the eyes of the American people a gun purchase by Hunter Biden. Need that money to fend off people trying to steal his crack cocaine.
- 2021 Thursday C: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS I- The Atlanta Police Department arrested a man walking around the city carrying a concealed rifle and handguns. Another fellow with a sex addiction? Speaking of firearms, a federal appeals court in Hawaii has ruled that Americans have no intrinsic rights to open or conceal carry firearms of any kind. Uh, okay. Elsewhere, the murdering (allegedly) POS Syrian refugee who shot up King Soopers Grocery Store in Boulder, Colorado, earlier in the week appeared in court for the first time. The judge denied Mr. Ahmad Al-Aliwi Alissa bail pending a mental health evaluation. The scumbag should not be getting bail of any sort. Period. Next, Joe Biden backs a Supreme Court ruling on recent ruling in which law enforcement confiscated some schmo’s guns.
- 2021 Thursday D: COVID-19 CHI-VI- Scientists are studying four different possible origins for the Wuhan Virus Pandemic encircling the globe for about the fourth time now. The Chi-Coms swear ‘nothing to see here’ and that ‘the U.S. Army snuck it into our country.’ Oh, please, you guys are communists, you are a bunch of lying f**ks. Meanwhile, AstraZeneca continues to swear that despite all the claims to the contrary and controversy surrounding their vaccine for the China Virus, it’s still 76-percent effective. Elsewhere, Empire State Governor Andrew “Killer” Cuomo finds himself in yet another crossfire, this time over him, his family, and sycophants receiving COVID-19 tests when very few tests were available to John and Jane Q. Public, the “Killer Governor” went behind the scenes and did what he needed to do for him, his family, and his hangers-on. This is yet another impeachable offense facing the so-called “Lov Gov.” Finally, the Biden administration is going to partner with dialysis clinics so the vaccines can be distributed to more people on a faster basis.
- 2021 Thursday E: POLITICAL NEWS II- When asked about him supporting elimination of the filibuster,[ix] Joe Biden hemmed and hawed about that. Next, some ignorant reporter was asking Joe Biden if he were going to run again, if “Kooky Kamala” would be his running mate, and if he thought he would be running against President Donald J. Trump in 2024. Even for us, this is incredibly stupid, and we would never ask anything about 2022, much less 2024. Most people believe Joe is not going to be in office for a year, much less four, so why ask the old bugger if he will be seeking a second term, whether Ms. Sleep-her-way-to-the-Top will be his running mate, and whether the guy from whom he stole the election will be running to win it back- a third time. WTF? This question, however, caused Joe Biden to begin mumbling and whispering.
- 2021 Thursday F: POLITICAL NEWS III- Scandal-ridden former Missouri Governor Eric Greitens is considering a run to replace retiring Senator Roy Blunt. The Republican former governor was involved in a steamy sex scandal and most people in the state are praying that someone better will step up and replace Senator Blunt. We shall see. Next, Senator Ted Cruz, R-TX, says, ‘H.R. 1 is the single most dangerous bill in Congress today.’ Note- Georgia just passed some hardcore voting restriction laws designed to thwart H.R. 1. Meanwhile, former CBP boss Tom Homan says that ‘the appointment of “Kooky Kamala” to be the new ‘Border Czar’ has to be the absolute worst person for the job.’ NO one respects “Kooky” because (1) she is unlikable, (2) unqualified, and (3) as untalented as they come. She will make things far worse than they already are. Next, according to Facebook’s oversight board, the permanent ban of President Donald J. Trump might not be so permanent (they are afraid that he is developing a superior social media product and want to cut him some slack so perhaps he will be lulled into complacency and won’t follow through). Finally, we learn that Google received its ‘monopoly’ following their aid to President Barack Hussein Obama’s successful re-election bid. No wonder the American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day at Google Blogger soon found itself behind Google’s blockade.
- 2021 Thursday G: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS II- A rare Vincent Van Gogh painting of Paris is going up for auction. Meanwhile, the Olympic Torch Relay kicks off under the cloud of the Chinese Virus. Elsewhere, first time jobless claims last week fell to 684,000 new ones which is the best number since the start of the pandemic. Another 242,00 filed for special pandemic relief last week. In total, 4.1 million workers remain on unemployment benefits. Meanwhile, HHS is going to partner with the Pentagon to take two Texas military bases, Fort Bliss and Lackland Air Force Base so they can send illegal alien brats there to stay. The Biden administration is struggling to find holding pens for all the illegals which is why partnering with private prisons across the U.S. would be a great way to house people who are already going to end up being imprisoned a taste of what’s to come. Viva El Norte!
- 2021 Thursday H: Here are the COVID-19 statistics for the planet as a whole: 124,683,860 confirmed cases, +579,564, 2,742,357 confirmed deaths, +9,863, and 70,731,503 confirmed recoveries, +338,716. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 30,223,587 confirmed cases, up 61,840 from yesterday’s reporting, 550,726 confirmed deaths, UP 1,315, and 117,401,619 confirmed recoveries. Note- we are going to do our own estimates of recoveries based on percentages seeing as how the CDC won’t report them.
- 2021 Thursday I: NOTE: SINCE JOE BIDEN BECAME PRESIDENT ON JANUARY 20, 2021, THERE HAVE BEEN 222,259 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States- feeble old Joe, in another three weeks, you will have tied the total number witnessed by the Trump administration in nearly a year of the rampaging coronavirus pandemic.
- 2021 Thursday J: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 3,648,021 confirmed cases (same as yesterday’s count), 57,909 confirmed deaths (same as yesterday’s), and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 28,950 confirmed cases, 454 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s count). Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 359,290 confirmed cases, 5,249 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s). Let us look at one other portion of the U.S., the second highest state after California- Texas: currently, they have 2,762,648 confirmed cases, 47,701 confirmed deaths, but sadly, NO mention of confirmed recoveries. Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 829,689 confirmed cases, 6,122 confirmed deaths, and 808,869 confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s count). Let’s look at one other country- Switzerland, home of (allegedly) lots of Nazi loot: 588,118 cases of the virus, 10,247 confirmed deaths and 317,600 confirmed recoveries.
- 2021 Thursday K: STOCK MARKET CLOSES/PRECIOUS AND RARE METALS: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 32,619.48, UP 199.42 points (+0.62%). Next, the NASDAQ: 12,977.68, UP 15.79 points (+0.12%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 3,909.52, UP 20.38 points (+0.52%). The price of GOLD is $1,726.70 per troy oz., +1.60 (+0.09%) while the price of SILVER is $25.19 per troy ounce, +0.14 (+0.57%). The price of PLATINUM is $1,153.80 per troy oz, -0.40 (-0.03%) while the price of COPPER is $3.99 per pound, +0.02 (+0.41%).[x] The price of PALLADIUM is $2,626.00 per troy oz, -14.50 (-0.55%).[xi] The price of RHODIUM is $29,100.00 per troy oz., -700.00 (-2.35%).[xii] The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $58.54 per barrel, -0.02 (-0.03%) Currently, one-dollar U.S. = 6.55 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.85 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 20.68. As for Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000019. In Belarusian Rubles, one greenback equals 2.63.[xiii]
- 2021 Thursday L: U.S. NATIONAL DEBT AND GASOLINE PRICES IN THE THREE STATES IN WHICH WE HAVE CHEF-AUTHORS- Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising by the day- in California, gasoline prices have risen to over $3.885 per gallon, $3.630 in Hawaii, and $3.323 in Washington state.[xiv] Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $28,093,608,650,950 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but flipping TRILLIONS.[xv] Cloward and Piven running amok.
- 2021 Thursday M: POLITICAL NEWS IV- South Dakota Senator Mike Rounds, Republican, said he’d like to see the Biden administration begin grabbing legally-owned firearms from the American people. Next, Joe Biden defends his crappy border stance, saying that all kids who make it across will not be returned home, that the American people will take care of them. He also blames President Donald J. Trump for the BIDEN BORDER CATASTROPHE for which he and his administration bear FULL RESPONSIBILITY.[xvi] Joe, for Christ’s sake (If you still believe in His teachings), BUILD THE WALL, AND DEPORT THEM ALL. Stop giving them COVID-19 relief checks, stop giving them hotel accommodations, we have Americans sleeping in the streets, in their cars, and in back alleyways, stop with the fricking illegal aliens. Enough is flipping enough already![xvii] Meanwhile, Joe Biden slaps down another Trump-era policy by handing the Palestinians $15 million of taxpayer monies to help them combat the Chinese Virus. WTF! Elsewhere, Axios says workers installed bullet-proof doors in the U.S. House of Representatives today.
- 2021 Thursday N: POLITICAL NEWS V- New California Attorney General Rob Bonta once tried to recruit communists to work within state government. WTF? West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrissey blasts the Biden administration for trying to advance its crackpot climate change agenda via its COVID-19 Relief Bill and through its upcoming ‘infrastructure bill.’ Elsewhere, New York Governor Andrew “Killer” Cuomo blasts those saying he and his family jumped to the head of the line in getting both Chi-Vi tests and immunizations. He would never, never, do something as egregious as this, yet millions of Americans believe that he did. Cuomo, just frigging resign before they complete the ethics probe into your criminal actions.[xviii] In other news, the White House and the U.S. Secret Service is denying anyone did anything to cover up son, Hunter’s mishandling of a gun back in 2018.[xix] NO one would ever do anything like that or so they claim. Finally, the Arizona State Attorney General Mark Brnovich sues the Biden administration over the ban on tax cuts contained within the Biden COVID-19 PORKULUS RELIEF BILL. What’s up with that, Joe?
- 2021 Thursday O: POLITICAL NEWS VI- Joe Biden is facing criticism from across the board over his stumble-bom performance at his ‘press conference’ today what with reading from a binder of notes, answering pre-arranged questions, and not toppling over in deep, gape-mouthed sleep. He has his defenders but folks, he answered NO questions about the jihadist shooter in Boulder, Colorado, did not say it was an ACT OF HATE as only ‘white people’ as we are constantly told are the ONLY HATERS in the world. The reporters congratulated Joe Biden on ‘being such a great guy that his personal magnetism is drawing millions of illegal aliens to flood into our country.’ This man MUST GO NOW.
- 2021 Thursday P: FOREIGN/OVERSEAS NEWS I- The Suez Canal may be out of commission now for months seeing as how a massive container ship ran aground blocking the channel. There are 100 ships on both sides, trying to make passage which will now be impossible. This will lead to higher prices and less goods for the world market. Meanwhile, the Chi-Coms are facing boycotts by numerous companies and corporations over their imprisonment of 1-2 million Uighur Muslims in concentration camps in Xinjiang Province. Nike is among the big names with numerous others following close behind. Will the Chi-Coms submit to global pressure? Most likely not. Communists always need a good ass-whooping before they pullback from their criminal actions.
- 2021 Thursday Q: OTHER NEWS- Jessica Walters- star of the old show, “Arrested Development,” has died at age 80. Next, Rutgers University will require proof of vaccination for the Chi-Vi before one can return to classes in the fall. Elsewhere, the CEO of Twitter- Jack “Rasputin” Dorsey- mocks yes/no questions with a poll of some sort. Screw him. Meanwhile, decrepit old Joe Biden says the battle over voting rights (H.R. 1 federal takeover of the voting system) ‘makes Jim Crow look like Jim Eagle.’ F**k you, Joe. Next, Scott Hennen/ partner, Flag Family Media & Fieldstone Group reported to Newsmax Grant Stinchfield reports that all sorts of evidence showing passports from Haiti, Cuban licenses, air tickets from Colombia, and welcome wagon slips informing people where to cross, how to cross, when to cross, and once in the United States where to go. The country is being overrun and the ‘Biden administration’ could give a flying f**k. All patriotic Americans arm up and head to the border. NOW.
- 2021 Thursday R: OTHER NEWS II- Representative Michael McCaul, R-TX 10th congressional district, said today that the Chi-Coms don’t fear our commander-in-chief, Joe Biden. Meanwhile, a recent Zogby poll says that most Americans believe progressive ideas on the Cancel Culture, constant blubbering about race, gender, evil white people, and other issues are weakening the United States from within yet there are very few brave souls willing to combat it. Friends, the world is in the fight of its lives, do we permit leftists and left-wing cultures to overrun and destroy conservative values, freedom from tyranny, and liberty for all or do we begin fighting back? We say, fight back and destroy them. Elsewhere, RINO Governor Brian Kemp of Georgia signed a sweeping new elections law into effect today, hoping to cover for what he did in the 2020 Presidential Election. What difference does it make when you will sign a consent order allowing Stacey Abrams to steal the 2022 Mid-Term Elections? Impeach and remove this POS.
- 2021 Thursday S: QUIP OF THE DAY FROM CHEF ITZI- Canada had better hope the U.S. does not journey down the path of socialism-communism because if it does, their nation could very well become our ‘Tibet:’ a place to send excess population as well as a place to exploit of its resources. Mexico had better be careful, too, we might absorb them.
- 2022 Friday:
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0780 an 8” x 10” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Peaceful Evening.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day.
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Rick Danko released his next solo album on December 05, 1997, “Rick Danko in Concert.” The famed bassist/vocalist was joined by Randy Ciarlante (vocals/drums/percussion), and Aaron Hurwitz (keyboards/accordions). There are 10 glorious tunes on this challenging-to-find album, mostly from his time with the Band, but there’s always a hidden gem or two. You can find this album at not only Amazon but also at Discogs, AllMusic, and eBay. We hope you will seek it out wherever it is you shop for the absolute best in rock and folk music, give it a good listen, and pick it up- you will be glad you did.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 03-25-2021, all rights reserved. (Editor’s Note: we pay the estate of Beverly Carrick an annual fee by which, we can show her paintings to the world. We make NO money from the estate’s sales of her world-famous artworks). Total Word Count: 5,507. Chef James “Jimmy” Hall.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Beverly Carrick Fiery Sunset Desert Landscapes, Vincent Van Gogh, Just the Facts, Unvarnished Truth- The, Aretha Franklin, Elton John, Tower of Power, Stephen “Doc” Kupka, “Happy Together” by the Turtles, “Yesterday and Today” by the Beatles, Kevin Kelly, Rising Sons, The Byrds, Fever Tree, Spooky Tooth, Mike Harrison, Buck Owens, Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., President Barack Hussein Obama, Joe Biden, “Kooky Kamala” Harris, “Miss Sleep-her-way-to-the-Top” Harris, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice John Hessin Clarke, Governor Andrew “Killer” Cuomo aka the Lov Gov, BIDEN BORDER CATASTROPHE, President Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, U.S. Secretary of State John F. Kerry, Logan Act- the, Climate Czar John F. Kerry, Blue Dog Democrats, Democratic-Socialists, Senator Bernie Sanders, Liberal Tax Policy, Jim Crow v. Jim Eagles, Democrats’ History of Racism, JOE BIDEN’S COVID-19 RELIEF PORKULUS BILL, Hunter Biden’s got a Gun, Hunter Biden, U.S. Secret Service, Biden-Harris Administration, U.S. Secret Service, Second Amendment Rights, 2nd Amendment, Gun Confiscation, U.S. Supreme Court, Conceal Carry Firearms, Harper v. Virginia State Board of Elections, Arizona, Georgia, Hawaii, Missouri, Texas, West Virginia, Senator Ted Cruz, Tom Homan, President Abraham Lincoln, President Warren G. Harding, President Donald J. Trump, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice George Sutherland, U.S. Attorney General Edward Bates, Attorney General Patrick Morrissey, Attorney General Mark Brnovich, U.S. Secretary of Defense Thomas S. Gates Jr., Governor Eric Greitens, Senator Roy Blunt, Congressman Michael McCaul, Governor Brian Kemp, Facebook, Google, Twitter, Jack “Rasputin” Dorsey, Business Monopolies, COVID-19, COVID-19 U.S. and Global Statistics Daily, China Virus, Chinese Virus, Chinese Virus Crisis, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, Xi Jinping Bat Flu, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Chinese Lab-engineered Pandemic, Chinese 2020 Election Year Pandemic, Yellow Fever 2020, Chi-Com Virus, Communist China Germ Warfare Programs, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Panda Pandemic 2020-2021, Chi-Vi- the, Chi-Com Virus, COVID-19, Chi-Vi- the, The ‘VID, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, China Virus, China Virus Crisis, Yellow Fever 2019-2021, Communist China Condition, Kung Flu- The, Wuhan Waltz- The, BIG C-19- The, Wuhan Whoopie- The, COVID-19 Mandates, Pelosi Pox- The, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Hubei Hooey- The, Xi Jinping’s Bat Fu Yuk, Communist Killer Virus 2019-2021 and Onward, Chairman Xi’s Fever, Chairman Xi’s Gift to the World- the Chi-Vi, COVID-19- the Trump Whacker, COVID-19- the Hong Kong Democracy Movement Killer, COVID-19 Vaccines, COVID-19 Vaccinations, AstraZeneca, U.S. National Gasoline Prices, Global Petrol Prices, DOW Jones Industrial Average, S & P 500, NASDAQ, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper, Palladium, Rhodium, Aluminum, Neodymium, Precious and Rare Metals, Light Sweet Crude Oil, U.S. Monetary Conversions, U.S. National Debt, U.S. National Debt Clock, National Security Matters, Monetary Conversions of the Day, Bitcoin, Chinese Yuan, European Union Euros, Mexican Pesos, Belarussian Ruble, Gasoline Prices, Boulder-Colorado Jihadist Shooting, Ahmad Al-Aliwi Alissa, Grant Stinchfield, Newsmax, Scott Hennen, Flag Family Media & Fieldstone Group, Cancel Culture, Zogby Polling, 2012 Presidential Election, 2020 Presidential Election, 2020 Elections, 2022 Mid-Term Elections, Professional Boxing, Mike Tyson, Xi Jinping and Africa, Battle of Dien Bien Phu, Tripartite Pact, Liberation of the Ukraine 1944, Roman Catholic Church, Pope Constantine, ‘Pope’ Stephen, Professional Boxing, Larry Holmes, Earnie Shavers, Ron Lyle, George “Scrap Iron” Johnson, Rick Danko, Chef James “Jimmy” Hall,
[i] A hodgepodge of foreign communists, many coming from the United States, France, Great Britain, and other European and Latin American countries. Famed novelist Ernest Hemingway writes about one such individual portrayed by Gary Cooper in the film adaptation of his book, “For Whom the Bell Tolls.”
[ii] We offered the music of the Byrds beginning on Monday, 16-January-2012 and concluded the presentation on Friday, 17-February-2012. Not sure if we will ever present the music of the Rising Sons or Fever Tree.
[iii] We are not sure when we will promote the music of Oakland’s Tower of Power, but you can be sure that we will do so when we begin promoting the music of funk-rock, horn-powered bands.
[iv] We will be presenting Elton John’s music at some point.
[v] We began promoting the music of both the Beatles and the band’s individual components on Friday, 04-November-2016 through Sunday, 11-June-2018. Besides the Beatles, we also promoted the music of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and George Harrison as well as the Traveling Wilburys. The album, “Yesterday and Today,” appeared on Friday, 18-November-2016. Please seek out this massive offering by visiting the blog posts between those dates. You will be glad you did.
[vi] We began promoting the music of the famed California surf-rock band, the Turtles, beginning on Tuesday, 03-September-2013 through Friday, 13-September-2013. The album containing the hit, “Happy Together,” was presented on Friday, 06-September-2013. Please seek it out and add it to your collection.
[vii] We promoted the music of Spooky Tooth, Mott the Hoople, and Widowmaker- among other interconnected bands beginning on Friday, 25-April-2014 through Tuesday, 01-July-2014. We hope you will check out this collection of great rock music. Even the worst albums among them beats the crap out of any bull crap music one hears today.
[viii] Critics blast Joe Biden for signing 37 executive orders while doing just one monotonous news conference.
[ix] Joe Biden echoed his crazy left-wing Democrats by decrying the Senate filibuster as a relic of the Jim Crow Era. Joe, Democrats were the party that opposed civil rights, the party of slavery, Jim Crow, red-lining, lynching, the KKK, burning crosses, firehoses and police dogs and Bull Connor busting open heads with billy clubs and night sticks. Democrats started the Civil War, fought the Civil War, and their northern brethren, the Copperheads defended them in Congress. Shut up about racism and Jim Crow and racial hatred, the Democratic Party personifies race hatred and white supremacy. Enough is enough.
[x] Commodities – Oil, Silver and Gold Prices – CNN Business– see this site for daily commodity information.
[xi] Palladium PRICE Today | Palladium Spot Price Chart | Live Price of Palladium per Ounce | Markets Insider (businessinsider.com) See this site for daily trading in palladium.
[xii] Commodities Prices – Spot – Futures (tradingeconomics.com) See this site for much of the economic information cobbled together at this blog.
[xv] U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.
[xvi] Republicans are openly disputing and mocking the Biden border claims.
[xvii] The mentally challenged old bugger- proud of his border job- still won’t commit to transparency along the southern border.
[xviii] The story is even worse than ever we believed. Cuomo had medical professionals visit the homes of his family members and his well-connected friends and then the tests were put at the front of the line in state laboratories. So says the Fox News Channel.
[xix] Two parts to this story- Hunter lied on an FBI background check that he did NOT use drugs just as he and his brother Beau’s wife dumped a gun into a garbage can near a school and then went back to recover it and found that it had walked. Neither crime is good. See this story- Hunter Biden gun incident at market in 2018 led to police investigation | Fox News– as well as this one- Hunter Biden may have committed felony by reportedly stating he’s not addicted to drugs on a gun background check (washingtonexaminer.com).