TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
SPRING SESSION 2022
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 224
97. TODAY IN HISTORY—THURSDAY, APRIL 07, 2022:
President Jimmy Carter; Vice President William R. King; Supreme Court Justice Samuel Chase; U.S. Attorney General Harlan F. Stone; California Governor Jerry “Moonbeam” Brown; Heavyweight Boxing Champion Carl “The Truth” Williams; Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young featuring Greg Reeves and Dallas Taylor, the Jefferson Airplane featuring Spencer Dryden, Jethro Tull featuring Mick Abrahams, Ravi Shankar, and Smashing Pumpkins featuring Nicole Fiorentino:
- 30 Sunday: Scholars estimate that today is the day Roman troops crucified Jesus Christ.
- 1118 Sunday: Pope Gelasius II- the 161st Roman Catholic pontiff- excommunicated Henry V, Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1449 Saturday: The 207.1st Roman Catholic pontiff- Antipope Felix V- elected in opposition to both Popes Eugene IV who preceded Felix and Nicholas V who succeeded him, left his post on this date. He first became pontiff on November 05, 1439, and led his flock until today.
- 1509 Wednesday: France declares war on Venice.
- 1652 Sunday: The Dutch establish a settlement at Cape Town, South Africa. Elsewhere, in Florence, Grand Duchy of Tuscany, future 246th Roman Catholic Pope Clement XII is born. He would become the Vicar of Christ on July 12, 1755, and would be the guiding light for ALL Christendom until February 06, 1740.
- 1655 Wednesday: The 237th Roman Catholic Pope Alexander VII took up his Holy Cross on this date and carried forward shepherding his global flock until May 22, 1667.
- 1741 Friday: Future 9th Supreme Court Justice of the United States- Samuel Chase- is born in Somerset County, Maryland, British North America on this date. A Federalist, President George Washington appointed him to replace 5th Supreme Court Justice John Blair who resigned his office. Justice Chase served 01-27-1796 to 06-19-1811; he died in office.
- 1786 Friday: The future 13th U.S. Vice President William R. King is born on this date in Sampson County, North Carolina. A Democrat, he would serve under President Franklin Pierce from March 04,1853 until his death on April 18,1853.
- 1789 Tuesday: The reign of the 27th Ottoman Turkish sultan or caliph- Abdul Hamid I- ended on this date. He first became the leader of all Sunni Islam on January 21, 1744. His successor- Selim III- ascended to the throne on this date and would guide his followers until May 29, 1807.
- 1788 Monday: An expedition led by General Rufus Putnam established a settlement at present-day Marietta, Ohio.
- 1795 Tuesday: France adopts the meter as the basic measure of length.
- 1798 Saturday: An act of Congress creates the Mississippi Territory on this date and named the city of Natchez as the capital.
- 1818 Tuesday: General Andrew Jackson conquers St. Marks, Florida, driving the Seminole Indians into the bush.
- 1831 Thursday: Dom Pedro abdicates to his son; Dom Pedro II crowned emperor of Brazil.
- 1862 Monday: Union forces led by General Ulysses S. Grant defeated the Confederates at the Battle of Shiloh in Tennessee.
- 1863 Tuesday: During the Civil War, the Battle of Charleston, South Carolina, took place resulting in a failed Federal fleet attack on Fort Sumter.
- 1864 Thursday: The first camel race in the United States took place in Sacramento, CA.
- 1891 Tuesday: Nebraska introduces 8-hour workday.
- 1902 Monday: The Texas Oil Company, Texaco, forms.
- 1915 Wednesday: Jazz singer-songwriter Billie Holiday, aka “Lady Day,” was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 1920 Wednesday: Famed sitar player, Ravi Shankar, is born in India on this date in British India.
- 1922 Friday: The Teapot Dome Scandal began as Interior Secretary Albert B. Fall signed a secret deal to lease U.S. Navy petroleum reserves to his friends, oilmen Harry F. Sinclair and Edward L. Doheny.
- 1924 Monday: The 52nd U.S. Attorney General of the United States Harlan F. Stone assumed his position on this date. A Republican, he served under President Calvin Coolidge from 04-07-1924 to 03-01-1925 before moving up to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- 1926 Wednesday: Ida Dalser, the Irish wife of Benito Mussolini, Fascist dictator of Italy, broke his nose in an argument, which led him to declare her mentally unstable.
- 1927 Thursday: The image and voice of Commerce Secretary Herbert Hoover transmitted live from Washington, D.C., to New York in the first successful demonstration of long-distance television.
- 1930 Monday: Construction workers set in place the first steel columns for the Empire State Building on this date and did it with American steel, and not POS communist Chinese steel.
- 1933 Friday: The two Nazi anti-Jewish laws go into effect in Nazi Germany, banning Jews from public service and from working within the legal system. Meanwhile, in the United States, Prohibition ended.
- 1938 Thursday: Spencer Dryden, the second drummer and the one most associated with the Jefferson Airplane[i], one of the acid rock groups of the 1960’s and 1970’s was born on this date in New York City. Elsewhere, future California four-term governor, Jerry Brown, was born on this date.
- 1939 Friday: Fascist Italy invaded Albania and annexed the small Balkan nation less than a week later.
- 1940 Sunday: Booker T. Washington is the first black American to appear on a U.S. postage stamp. Elsewhere, the German invasion fleet begins leaving their home ports bound for the coastline of Norway and invasion. German forces are also preparing to assault Denmark so as to control northern air approaches to the northern Atlantic Ocean. The British, of course, are trying to disrupt these operations.
- 1941 Monday: Due to resistance from the Yugoslav people as German forces begin crossing the frontier, Adolf Hitler orders a multi-day punitive air raid on Belgrade. If the Yugoslavs won’t submit, then the Luftwaffe is going to make an example of them.
- 1942 Tuesday: German paratroopers begin the heavy assault on the Mediterranean island of Malta, attempting to wrest it from the British defenders. Meanwhile, American, and Filipino forces continue a fighting retreat towards Corregidor as the Imperial Japanese troops continue pounding them around the clock.
- 1943 Wednesday: While serving with the Afrika Korps in North Africa, attempted future assassin of Adolf Hitler, Count Claus von Stauffenberg suffers severe injury during a RAF air raid, which would cost him an eye, an arm, and part of his other hand. Meanwhile, in Salzburg, Austria, Hitler, and Benito Mussolini meet for an Axis conference during World War II. Finally, future guitarist with Jethro Tull[ii], 1967-1968, Mick Abrahams, is born in Luton, England on this date.
- 1944 Friday: The Soviets prepare to launch full-scale attacks on the German and Romanian troops holding the Crimea. The Russian troops have so much firepower that when the hammer falls, the Axis troops are going to be hard-pressed to defend their positions. The Soviets have learned much since the disastrous days of 1941 and now can do to the Germans and their allies what the Axis did to them- in spades.
- 1945 Saturday: As the Japanese try to fend off the growing assaults on Okinawa- the last island before the home islands- the naval fleet they sent headed by the largest battleship the world has ever seen- the Yamato- suffers serious defeat as Allied warplanes pulverize the big ship and many of the lesser ships surrounding her. The Japanese will try to beach the vessel where she will continue being hammered until a steaming hulk.
- 1948 Wednesday: The Rogers and Hammerstein musical, “South Pacific,” opened on Broadway on this date. Elsewhere, the United Nations’ World Health Organization commenced operations on this date. Elsewhere, future drummer with Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young[iii]—Dallas Taylor—was born on this date in Denver, Colorado.
- 1949 Thursday: The Rodgers and Hammerstein musical “South Pacific” opened on Broadway.
- 1953 Tuesday: The U.N. General Assembly ratified Dag Hammarskjold of Sweden as the new secretary-general succeeding Trygve Lie of Norway. Elsewhere, IBM unveiled the IBM 701 Electronic Data Processing Machine, which made it the first commercially available scientific computer produced by the company.
- 1954 Wednesday: President Dwight D. Eisenhower held a news conference in which the President spoke of the importance of containing the spread of communism in Indochina, saying, “You have a row of dominoes set up, you knock over the first one, and what will happen to the last one is the certainty that it will go over very quickly.” (This became known as the ‘domino theory,’ although the president did not use that term. Speaking of Indochina, the Battle of Dien Bien Phu continues on as clearing weather allows the few warplanes that can reach the valley and stay in the air to decimate some Viet Minh units on the ground. Still, the communists continue throwing one human wave assault onto the Elianes and Huguettes which are taking their toll on French forces.
- 1955 Thursday: Future bassist with Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young[iv]—Greg Reeves—was born on this date in Warren, Ohio.
- 1957 Sunday: The last remaining electric trolley of New York City completed its final journey on this date, running from Queens to Manhattan.
- 1959 Tuesday: A referendum in Oklahoma repealed the state’s ban on alcoholic beverages after being in effect for 51 years.
- 1962 Saturday: Nearly 1,200 Cuban exiles tried by the Communist Cuban system of justice (a sham) for their role in the Bay of Pigs fiasco, suffered conviction and went to prison for lengthy terms. The disaster was because once Democratic President John F. Kennedy set it in motion, when the going got tough, he failed to support the Cuban freedom fighters and so they died, both on the battlefield and in prison.
- 1963 Sunday: At the age of 23, Jack Nicklaus became the youngest golfer to win the Masters’ Tournament.
- 1966 Thursday: The U.S. Navy recovered a hydrogen bomb that the U.S. Air Force had lost in the Mediterranean Sea off Spain following a B-52 crash.
- 1969 Monday: The Supreme Court, in Stanley v. Georgia, unanimously struck down laws prohibiting private possession of obscene material. Meanwhile, today marks the symbolic birth date of the Internet with the publication of RFC 1.
- 1970 Tuesday: John Wayne won his first and only Oscar for his role in “True Grit.” He had already appeared in more than 200 films, by this point.
- 1978 Friday: President Jimmy Carter announced he was deferring development of the neutron bomb, a high-radiation weapon with a low-yield blast. Enemy troops die quickly, the radiation dissipates, and real estate is not destroyed. What’s not to love?
- 1979 Saturday: In Ludlow, Massachusetts, future bassist with Smashing Pumpkins, 2011-2013, Nicole Fiorentino is born. She would play with other bands besides the Pumpkins.
- 1980 Monday: President Jimmy Carter breaks off relations with Iran during the Iranian Hostage Crisis. This would be the end of the Carter administration as no matter what they did, the Iranians would not budge, nor would they release the imprisoned Americans.
- 1983 Thursday: Space shuttle astronauts Story Musgrave and Don Peterson went on the first U.S. spacewalk in almost a decade as they worked in the open cargo bay of Challenger for nearly four hours.
- 1985 Sunday: The Soviet Union announced a unilateral freeze on medium-range nuclear missiles.
- 1987 Tuesday: Los Angeles Dodgers executive Al Campanis for more than 40 years resigns after making racial remarks on NBC’s “Nightline” program.
- 1988 Thursday: The Soviet Union announces it would begin withdrawing its troops from Afghanistan after a decade of war in its southern neighbor.
- 1994 Thursday: Civil war erupted in Rwanda between the Patriotic Front rebel group composed of Tutsis and government soldiers composed of Hutus. In the following months, genocide broke out as the Hutu regime slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Tutsis in lopsided violence until the Tutsi rebels eventually threw out the Hutu regime.
- 1998 Tuesday: Mary Bono, the widow of Sonny Bono, won a special election to serve out the remainder of her husband’s congressional term.
- 2000 Friday: President Clinton signed the Senior Citizens Freedom to Work act, reversing a Depression-era law, which allowed senior citizens to earn money without losing Social Security retirement benefits.
- 2003 Monday: Syracuse won the NCAA basketball tournament with an 81-78 victory over Kansas. Meanwhile, U.S. troops capture Baghdad; two later, the regime of Saddam Hussein imploded.
- 2006 Friday: Things are rough in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Indiana as tornadoes roar though the area a second time in a week.
- 2007 Saturday: Thousands take to the streets in Los Angeles, California, demanding citizenship, and equal rights for the millions of illegal aliens lurking within the shadows of the country. We say, “Build the wall and deport them all.”
- 2008 Monday: A new report from the U.S. Institute for Peace says that the U.S. goals in Iraq are no closer to being achieved than they were when the U.S.-led Coalition invaded the country back in 2003. Good to know.
- 2009 Tuesday: Former Peruvian President, Alberto Fujimori, receives 25 years in prison for ordering killings and kidnappings by security forces. Meanwhile, Vermont became the fourth state (after Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Iowa) to legalize same-sex marriage.
- 2010 Wednesday: The Kyrgyzstani riots continue as President Kurmanbek Bakiyev reportedly flees the country, the government steps down and protesters control the parliament building.
- 2011 Thursday: Libyan dictator Moammar Gaddafi sent a letter to the Obama administration begging the administration to order a halt to the bombing of his country. However, because Gaddafi worked with the George W. Bush administration in the War on Terror, the Obama-Biden regime must now destroy him and support the rebels trying to oust him. What a guy Obama and his flunky Joe Biden are. Elsewhere, a leaky vessel packed full of migrants from West Africa sinks off the coast of Italy. Although the Italian navy is able to pull about 50 people out of the water, it is believed that hundreds more drowned.
- 2012 Saturday: As the civil war in Yemen continues to rage, the airport in the capital city of Sana’a is closed when pro-government forces threaten to begin attacking aircraft.
- 2013 Sunday: China reports it will open the South China Sea’s Paracel Islands to tourism before the May Day holiday. Vietnam voices strong opposition this move, as ownership of the islands is in dispute. Elsewhere, in Doha, Qatar, hundreds of delegates meet as Qatar pledges $500 million in aid to rebuild Sudan’s Darfur, a region racked by a decade-long conflict. Meanwhile, former USBA heavyweight boxing champion, Carl “The Truth” Williams, dies on this date at age 53. Over the course of his professional career, he compiled a record of 41 fights, 30 W (21 KOs), 10 L, and 1 NC.
- 2014 Monday: The president of Ireland, Michael D. Higgins, makes the first state visit to England as the Irish head of state; his visit matched the one Queen Elizabeth II made to his country in 2011. Elsewhere, pro-Russian activists barricaded inside government buildings in eastern Ukraine proclaimed their regions to be ‘independent’ and called for a referendum on seceding from Ukraine, an echo of events that had led to Russia’s annexation of the Crimea.
- 2015 Tuesday: U.S. Senator Rand Paul, R-KY, announces he will be seeking the Republican Party’s 2016 presidential nomination next year. Meanwhile, in a nail-biter election for mayor of Chicago, current Mayor Rahm Emanuel- one of the worst mayors of all time- wins a second term in a run-off election by beating fellow Democrat, Jesus G. “Chuy” Garcia.
- 2016 Thursday: As the 2016 Presidential Election race continues gathering steam, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani endorses candidate Donald J. Trump and tells assembled reporters that ‘Trump will win more than 50-percent in the primary election.’ Elsewhere, the ACLU- the American Civil Liberties Union- and Planned Parenthood- a Pro-Death entity- sue the state of Indiana for having recently passed an anti-abortion law that bans the procedure if the person seeking it is doing because of genetic abnormalities.
- 2017 Friday: California Governor Jerry “Moonbeam” Brown—a Democrat—announced an end to the state’s historic drought emergency imposed in 2014. Meanwhile, as Chinese communist dictator Xi Jinping enjoys dinner with President Donald J. Trump at Mar-a-Lago, the president orders a missile strike against the forces of Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad following a chemical weapons attack against civilians comes to light. Finally, the Rock-and-Roll Hall of Fame inducts the Electric Light Orchestra[v], YES[vi], Joan Baez[vii], Journey[viii], Pearl Jam[ix], and slain rapper Tupac Shakur[x] on this date.
- 2018 Saturday: In the NHL, expansion team the Las Vegas Knights close the NHL regular season with a 7-1 loss in Calgary; however, the new team first-year record ends with 51 wins which is far better than the last two expansion teams- the Anaheim Ducks and the Florida Panthers who both ended their inaugural seasons (1993-94) with 33 wins each. Meanwhile, laughing at the world yet again, the Syrian air force attacks the city of Duma killing at least 40 civilians and injuring more than 500 with a suspected poison gas attack.
- 2019 Sunday: President Donald J. Trump tells the press that Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen will be leaving the administration and that Kevin McAleenan will be taking her place until a permanent replacement can pass confirmation. Elsewhere, as Sudan undergoes massive antigovernment protests, something happens to the power generation, and everything goes dark.
- 2020 Tuesday: Since the World Health Organization seems to be in the tank for communist China, President Donald J. Trump wants to put a hold on any further monies from the United States going to the World Health Organization until Beijing and the WHO account for their actions in the wake of the Wuhan Virus, aka the Kung Flu, aka Wuhan Flu, aka coronavirus crisis. The president also wants to get to the bottom of WHY more black Americans are falling ill to this insidious virus. What did the Chinese engineer in their Wuhan laboratory? Currently, at the time of this posting, there are 1,428,428 confirmed cases around the globe what with 300,198 confirmed recoveries and 82,020 confirmed deaths. Thank you, People’s Republic of China! Meanwhile, in the United States, there are 398,185 confirmed cases with 12,844 confirmed deaths. It would appear that Plaquenil aka hydroxychloroquine is extremely promising so states and locales (ahem, New York state and New York City), allow doctors to prescribe it to their extremely ill patients. What do you have to lose, Governor Andrew Cuomo and Mayor Bill Di Blasio? Nothing! Stop playing politics with the lives of people. Finally, singer-songwriter John Prine dies from COVID-19 at age 73.
- 2021 Wednesday: WOKE NEWS / WOKEISM / WOKIES / WOKE WOOSIES NEWS– Much to the horror of the WOKIES, Arkansas becomes the first state banning all hormonal and surgical treated for those claiming to be a gender different than what the Lord gave them at birth. We believe these individuals should receive humane care in mental health facilities and if they continue believing they are something other than they are, they can do whatever they want to do at age 18. Any parent who would destroy their child’s body on some misguided belief or stupid whim should be doing time in prison. Period.
- 2021 Wednesday A: JOE BIDEN’S BORDER CATASTROPHE NEWS– Customs and Border Patrol reported today the arrests of MS-13 gangbanger thugs crossing the southern border. Shoot them like the dogs they are. Next, the Joe Biden administration is opening two new illegal alien holding pens near the southern border with Mexico. Congressman Tom McClintock, R-CA 4th congressional district, told Newsmax today that ‘NO nation has ever survived an influx of illegal immigrants the way our country is experiencing.’ He is 100-percent correct. Elsewhere, President Donald J. Trump says he’s glad that the Biden administration is considering finishing the border wall but says he doubts that Joe Biden is making the decisions.
- 2021 Wednesday B: COVID-19 NEWS I– A growing number of governors across the United States are making a stand against any suggestion of the Biden administration’s idea of forcing everyone to present COVID-19 vaccine passports to return to normal life. This never happened when homos were running amok, and HIV-AIDS was a true crisis so any suggestion we should have proof of vaccine is a big overstep for government. We are not the flipping Chi-Coms. It’s good that Joe Biden is facing major backlash against him and his administration for persisting in this stupidity. Still, the old coot persists in telling Americans that ‘IF we want to celebrate the Fourth of July, we had better have proof of insurance.’ Wow. A dictator…Meanwhile, medical professionals are blasting the Centers for Disease Control for being slow to update information regarding the coronavirus.
- 2021 Wednesday C: COVID-19 NEWS II– Next, the Centers for Disease Control report that the dominant strain in the U.S. is now the United Kingdom variant. Moving on, skin reactions reported by those who have taken either the AstraZeneca or the Moderna vaccines are said to be ‘nothing,’ ‘not dangerous,’ ‘don’t worry about them’ to which we say, “We have seen people with their skin peeling off, don’t lie to us and tell us it’s no flipping deal.” We will one year before we take the ‘mark of the beast’ upon ourselves… Elsewhere, the University of Oxford is pausing a pediatric trial of the COVID-19 AstraZeneca vaccine. No reason is reported for the stoppage. Yes, we are curious.
- 2021 Wednesday D: FOREIGN NEWS / OVERSEAS NEWS– The military contingent in Myanmar’s London Embassy has seized control of the facility and booted the ambassador out on the street. London law enforcement has surrounded the building but cannot go inside as it’s Myanmar’s property. Next, Qatar Airways is considering a major purchase of Boeing’s 777-X freighters with which to increase its air fleet. Elsewhere, as calls grow around the world to boycott the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, Joe Biden cannot bring himself to break with his masters in communist China. (Note- former President Jimmy Carter can now rest easy as he is NO longer the worst president in U.S. history, Joe Flipping Biden is).
- 2021 Wednesday E: NATIONAL NEWS I– the trial of Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin continues into its 8th day. Thugs across the country are threatening violence. Folks, it’s time the rule of law is reestablished, and law and order are upheld. People can protest but once you begin committing acts of violence, once you raise your arm to throw an accelerant, and once you begin raping, robbing, and looting, it is important that law enforcement shoot those people down. If we return to the nation, we were back in the 1950s and before, people could protest but violent scumbags did not run amok. Remember: government’s first order of the day is to protect life and property. Period. Meanwhile, President Donald J. Trump blew Fake News Media reports that Congressman Matt Gaetz, R-FL 1st congressional district, NEVER asked for a blanket pardon.’ Why would he? He did nothing wrong.
- 2021 Wednesday F: NATIONAL NEWS II– U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Stephen Breyer is urging progressives (communists) not to take drastic actions against the court and that packing the court would dilute its importance and its influence. Will progressives listen? We doubt it. Next, Amazon.com billionaire Jeff Bezos says he’s ‘all in with the Joe Biden’s infrastructure bill and the subsequent tax hikes.’ Sure, you are, Jeff, sure. Next, New York- the Empire State- is nearing a deal to provide unemployment and COVID-19 relief to illegal aliens within their state at the cost of $2.1 billion. What the hell is wrong with these people? Meanwhile, North Las Vegas, Nevada, Mayor John Lee is leaving the Democratic Party to become a Republican.
- 2021 Wednesday G: ONGOING GEORGIA- PEACH STATE- UPROAR– Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, a political hack if one ever existed, has signed an executive order with which to try and mitigate the new election laws designed to improved voting in her state. Meanwhile, enfeebled old Joe Biden continues celebrating companies and corporations pulling out of Georgia and encourages still more to do the same. What a president. Speaking of MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred’s decision to pull the All-Star Game out of Atlanta and relocate it to Colorado, Senator John Kennedy, R-LA, says ‘Manfred needs to buy a spine online.’ Amen. Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, R-GA, says that ‘Joe Biden needs to smarten up’ so he knows of what he speaks. Joe knows NOTHING. The ever-stupid White House Press Secretary Jen “Circle Back” Psaki says the ‘Georgia law is built atop a lie.’[xi]
- 2021 Wednesday H: NATIONAL NEWS III– President Donald J. Trump officially endorses Congressman Mo Brooks, R-AL 5th congressional district, in his race for U.S. Senate. Next, Vice President Mike Pence has formed a new group- Advancing American Freedom Organization- with which to continue the Trump Miracle. Elsewhere, Democrats in Maricopa County, Arizona, continue defying the state government’s demand for transparency in the 2020 Presidential and General Elections. One-hundred-and-twelve days after the election, the Democrats continue trying to cover up the fact that they stole the elections, from President Trump and from Senator Martha McSally. Speaking of Arizona, Governor Doug Ducey has signed a bill- H.B. 2111- that will make the Copper State a 2nd Amendment sanctuary state. Next, Oregon Governor Kate Brown, DS, is threatening to use state law enforcement to eliminate ALL TRUMP SUPPORTERS within her state and seems to side with Antifa thugs and murderers. Finally, Tennessee is pushing to re-establish the two-day waiting period for abortions.
- 2021 Wednesday I: NATIONAL NEWS IV– Virginia Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax, a man with numerous sexual assault allegations lodged against him such as forcible sodomy, has compared himself to slain Emmett Till. The POS lieutenant governor who only remains in his position because Governor Ralph Northam is a POS just as is Attorney General Mark Herring who has his own blackface problem and the next one in line to become governor. Mr. Fairfax is seeking to become the next governor and honest news media people are beating him up over the allegations of rape lodged against him and he’s upset, he’s hurt, claiming he is being treated just like poor Emmett Till. STFU. Moving on, we learn today that the Joe Biden administration sent out more than 1.5 million COVID-19 relief checks, many of which went to people ineligible to receive them. Elsewhere, noted legal scholar Jonathan Turley says that the ‘media failed to do its job on the Hunter Biden laptop story.’ Next, the Senate Dems find a way to sidestep the filibuster rule.
- 2021 Wednesday J: COVID-19 STATISTICS FOR THE PLANET AS A WHOLE: 132,456,676 confirmed cases, +863,496, 2,873,821 confirmed deaths, +17,189, and 75,221,481 confirmed recoveries, +542,061. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 31,056,277 confirmed cases, UP 131,008 from yesterday’s reporting, 561,775 confirmed deaths, UP 1,174, and 118,831,023 confirmed recoveries. Note- we are going to do our own estimates of recoveries based on percentages seeing as how the CDC won’t report them.[xii]
- 2021 Wednesday K: NOTE: SINCE JOE BIDEN BECAME PRESIDENT ON JANUARY 20, 2021, THERE HAVE BEEN 233,262 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States– feeble old Joe, in another two to three weeks, you will have tied the total number witnessed by the Trump administration in nearly a year of the rampaging coronavirus pandemic.
- 2021 Wednesday L: COVID-19 STATISTICS in the four states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers– California, Florida, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 3,686,013 confirmed cases, 59,882 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Moving on, here are the numbers for Florida: 2,096,747 confirmed cases, 33,822 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 30,479 confirmed cases, 467 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s count). Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 373,227 confirmed cases, 5,350 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s). Let us look at one other portion of the U.S., Minnesota, the state that launched an entire summer of violence last May what with politicizing the police interaction between Officer Derek Chauvin and thug George Floyd: they have 532,736 confirmed cases, 6,986 confirmed deaths, but sadly, NO mention of confirmed recoveries.
- 2021 Wednesday M: Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 835,163 confirmed cases, 6,262 confirmed deaths, and 823,732 confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s count). Let’s look at one other country- Panama, one of the places where one can hide substantial sums of cash: 356,913 cases of the virus, 6,146 confirmed deaths and 346,153 confirmed recoveries.[xiii]
- 2021 Wednesday N: STOCK MARKET CLOSES/PRECIOUS AND RARE METALS: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 33,446.26, UP 16.02 points (+0.048%). Next, the NASDAQ: 13,688.84, DOWN 9.54 points (-0.07%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 4,079.95, UP 6.01 points (+0.15%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $59.56 per barrel, -0.21 (-0.35%). The price of GOLD is $1,738.50 per troy oz., -3.10 (-0.18%) while the price of SILVER is $25.20 per troy ounce, -0.05 (-0.19%). The price of PLATINUM is $1,232.20 per troy oz, +0.30 (+0.02%) while the price of COPPER is $4.06 per pound, +0.01 (+0.17%).[xiv] The price of PALLADIUM is $2,617.44 per troy oz, -67.29 (-2.51%).[xv] The price of RHODIUM is $26,700.00 per troy oz., +0.00 (+0.00%).[xvi] Currently, Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000018. As for Chi-Com money, one-dollar U.S. = 6.54 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.84 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 20.22. In Costa Rican Colón, one greenback equals 609.50 and in Croatian Kuna, a buck equals 6.38.[xvii]
- 2021 Wednesday O: U.S. NATIONAL DEBT AND GASOLINE PRICES IN THE THREE STATES IN WHICH WE HAVE CHEF-AUTHORS– Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising by the day- in California, gasoline prices have risen to over $3.924 per gallon, $2.838 in Florida, $3.710 in Hawaii, and $3.336 in Washington state.[xviii] Let’s look at one other state- Colorado: $2.907. Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $28,143,620,786,049 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but flipping TRILLIONS.[xix] Cloward and Piven running amok.
- 2021 Wednesday P: MISCELLANEOUS NEWS I– Israel expresses dissatisfaction with the Biden administration which is reversing Trump era policies by giving the Palestinians $235 million in aid as well as returning to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency which is all about Palestinian statehood. Meanwhile, Axios blasts the Biden administration for not reuniting the illegal alien families torn asunder by the Trump administration, something the old fool promised to do. Next, communist China placed 700 Americans who passed through Shanghai Airport on their watch list. Moving on, Congressman Burgess Owens, R-UT 4th congressional district accuses Joe Biden of showing cowardice on the southern border. Elsewhere, departing CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin says the network does ‘nothing to empower women.’ Speaking of female empowerment, one of Governor Andrew “Killer” Cuomo’s accusers says he shut the door to his office before he started groping all over her body. Nasty. Finally, the G20 promises to make progress on implementing a worldwide corporate tax so businesses cannot escape left-wing tax collectors anywhere they might hide.
- 2021 Wednesday Q: Stick around for tonight’s Super Lotto Draw #3549 with a $35 million pot on the line as well as the Powerball Draw #835 with a $43 million pot up for some lucky guy, gal, or it…first, here are the numbers for the Super Lotto: 02, 07, 16, 40, 42, and Mega 20. Out of 109,896 winning tickets, the highest winners were FIVE people who had FIVE numbers but NO Mega for a prize of $8,026 apiece. The winning tickets were sold at (1) Old Green Mill Liquor in Glendale, CA 91204 (2) Chevron in Yuba City, CA 95991 (3) Richmond New May Wah Supermarket in San Francisco, CA 94118 (4) Super 8 Liquor and Food in Concord, CA 94521 and (5) ARCO AM/PM in Fontana, CA 92336. Here are the numbers for the Powerball: 27, 35, 39, 51, 66, and Power 16. Out of 42,460 winning tickets in California, the highest winners were TWO people who had FOUR numbers plus the Powerball for a prize of $12,249 apiece.
- 2022 Thursday: Stick around…
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0793 an 8” x 10” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Panorama.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day.
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Record companies being what they are- capitalist, money-making entities- and God bless them for that- released Rick Danko’s next album, “Cryin’ Heart Blues” on November 15, 2005. Rick was a talented musician and a unique vocalist; his style could evoke emotions that could overwhelm his listeners. The record company culled together some delightful tidbits, live tunes, studio rarities, and other enticing treats and gave them to his fans, sadly well after his demise. If you love the man, his music, as well as the Band, we hope you will seek this one out, give it a listen if you can and then consider making it a part of your daily listening pleasure- we think you will be glad you did. Look for it now.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 04-07-2022, all rights reserved. (Editor’s Note: we pay the estate of Beverly Carrick an annual fee by which, we can show her paintings to the world. We make NO money from the estate’s sales of her world-famous artworks). Total Word Count: 5,900. Chef Lilah Paulikovich.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Beverly Carrick Autumnal Cool Desert Landscapes, Just the Facts, Unvarnished Truth- The, Crosby-Stills-Nash & Young, Dallas Taylor, Greg Reeves, Spencer Dryden, The Jefferson Airplane, Jethro Tull, Mick Abrahams, Ravi Shankar, Electric Light Orchestra, YES, Joan Baez, Journey, Pearl Jam, Nicole Fiorentino, Smashing Pumpkins, Tupac Shakur, President George Washington, President Calvin Coolidge, President Jimmy Carter, President George W. Bush, President Barack Obama, President Donald Trump, President Donald J. Trump, Joe Biden, JOE BIDEN’S BORDER CATASTROPHE, Vice President William R. King, Vice President Joe Biden, Vice President Mike Pence, Hunter Biden, Hunter Biden Laptop, “Pro-China Joe” Biden, U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Blair, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Samuel Chase, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Stephen Breyer, U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, Acting U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan, U.S. Attorney General Harlan F. Stone, Senator John Kennedy, Senator Martha McSally, Senator Rand Paul, Congressman Burgess Owens, Congressman Matt Gaetz, Congressman Mo Brooks, Congressman Tom McClintock, Governor Andrew “Killer” Cuomo aka the Love Gov aka the Gropin’ Gov, Governor Brian Kemp, Governor Doug Ducey, Governor Jerry “Moonbeam” Brown, Governor Kate Brown, Governor Ralph Northam, Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax, Attorney General Mark Herring, Jesus G. “Chuy” Garcia, Chicago Politics, Obama-Biden Administration, Stanley v. Georgia, Mayor John Lee, Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Professor Jonathan Turley, 2020 Presidential Election, Bashar al-Assad, Syria, Communist China, 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, Sudan, Moammar Gaddafi, Libya, Kyrgyzstan, Palestine, Myanmar, Qatar, MS-13, British Royal Family, Queen Elizabeth II, United Nations Relief and Works Agency, UNRWA- the, American Civil Liberties Union, ACLU- the, Planned Parenthood, Pro-Death Movement, COVID-19, Chi-Vi- the, The ‘VID, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, China Virus, China Virus Crisis, Yellow Fever 2019-2021, Communist China Condition, Kung Flu- The, Wuhan Waltz- The, BIG C-19- The, Wuhan Whoopie- The, COVID-19 Mandates, Pelosi Pox- The, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Hubei Hooey- The, Xi Jinping’s Bat Fu Yuk, Communist Killer Virus 2019-2021 and Onward, Chairman Xi’s Fever, Chairman Xi’s Gift to the World- the Chi-Vi, COVID-19- the Trump Whacker, COVID-19- the Hong Kong Democracy Movement Killer, COVID-19 Passports, COVID-19 Lockdowns and Restrictions, COVID-19 News, COVID-19 Vaccines, AstraZeneca, Moderna, BIG PHARMA, COVID-19 Vaccine Passports, HIV-AIDS, COVID-19 Vaccine Passports Resistance, COVID-19 Vaccine Side Effects, COVID-19 U.S. and Global Statistics, Daily Coronavirus Report, Mark of the Beast, Illegal Aliens, Illegal Alien Invasion, Illegal Alien Tsunami, Illegal Alien Tidal Wave, Illegal Alien Caravans, Joe Biden’s Open Borders Policies, Build the Wall and Deport Them All, Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com, TRUE CRIME, Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin, U.S. Supreme Court, Georgia Politics, Arizona Politics, Arkansas Politics, Atlanta Politics, Nevada Politics, New York Politics, North Las Vegas Politics, Oregon Politics, Virginia Politics, Advancing American Freedom Organization, TRUMP MIRACLE- THE, 2020 Presidential Election, 2020 General Election, 2020 Elections, Election Fraud and Theft, Emmett Till, U.S. National Gasoline Prices, Global Petrol Prices, DOW Jones Industrial Average, S & P 500, NASDAQ, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper, Palladium, Rhodium, Aluminum, Neodymium, Precious and Rare Metals, Light Sweet Crude Oil, U.S. Monetary Conversions, U.S. National Debt, U.S. National Debt Clock, National Security Matters, Monetary Conversions of the Day, Bitcoin, Chinese Yuan, European Union Euros, Mexican Pesos, Costa Rican Colón, Croatian Kuna, California Lottery, California Lottery Results, Super Lotto, Super Lotto Draw #3549, Powerball, Powerball Draw #835, G20- the, Global Corporate Tax, Axios American News Website, WOKE NEWS, WOKEISM, WOKIES, Transgenders, Trannys, Chicks with Dicks, Life-altering Medical Procedures, Major League Baseball, Major League Baseball All-Star Game, Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred, Professional Boxing, Carl “The Truth” Williams, Islam, Islamic Caliphs, Ottoman Turkish Sultans, Sultan Abdul Hamid I, Sultan Selim III, Roman Catholic Church, Pope Eugene IV, Antipope Felix V, Pope Nicholas V, Pope Alexander VII, Pope Clement XII, Rick Danko, Chef Lilah Paulikovich,
[i] We promoted the music of the Jefferson Airplane, the Jefferson Starship, Starship, and of the various bands’ members beginning on Tuesday, 05-April-2011 through Sunday, 22-May-2011. Please look for them and enjoy.
[ii] We expect to do the music of Jethro Tull, Wild Turkey, Ian Anderson, and Paris sometime in the next 5-6 years. We hope you will still be with us.
[iii] We hope to promote the music of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, as well as of each member’s solo careers along with Crazy Horse within the next 5-7 years. Please remain vigilant for when we do.
[iv] See previous footnote.
[v] We hope to promote the music of the Electric Light Orchestra, the Move, Roy Wood, and Wizzard at some point in the near future. Please stay tuned.
[vi] A lengthy presentation of YES and its individual members will begin at some point within the next 2-3 years. Please stay tuned.
[vii] As to when we will promote the music of this commie folk singer- Joan Baez- we hope to do it sometime in the next 30 years. Please remain alert for the day we do.
[viii] Sadly, we were not as attuned to the sharing of interconnected bands and musicians when we promoted Santana years ago, but we do hope we will be able to promote the music of Journey at some point in the nest 10-12 years.
[ix] When we promote the music of Nirvana, we hope to promote the music of Pearl Jam, the Smashing Pumpkins, Hole, and the Stone Temple Pilots, so make sure you remain attentive for the time we do. You will be glad you did.
[x] Tupac Shakur? It could be 40 years before we begin promoting the music of rappers. Please join us every day for that glorious day- you will be glad you did but NO Eminem. Fuck him- he hates his mother.
[xi] Listen, moron: the entire Biden administration is built atop a lie. Everyone now knows that Joe Biden did not win the 2020 presidential election and the longer morons such as yourself continue to talk crap the worse it’s going to be for ALL of you.
[xiv] Commodities – Oil, Silver and Gold Prices – CNN Business– see this site for daily commodity information.
[xv] Palladium PRICE Today | Palladium Spot Price Chart | Live Price of Palladium per Ounce | Markets Insider (businessinsider.com) See this site for daily trading in palladium.
[xvi] Commodities Prices – Spot – Futures (tradingeconomics.com) See this site for much of the economic information cobbled together at this blog.
[xix] U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.