TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
SUMMER SESSION 2022
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 116
199. TODAY IN HISTORY—MONDAY, JULY 18, 2022:
U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice George Sutherland; U.S. Secretary of Defense Charles Erwin Wilson; U.S. Secretary of War Robert P. Patterson; “Mein Kampf” by Adolf Hitler; Brian Auger, Eric Burdon and the Animals featuring Danny McCulloch, the Clash featuring Keith Levene, the Flamin’ Groovies featuring Tim Lynch, Pearl Jam featuring Jack Irons, the Rolling Stones featuring Ian Stewart, the Spencer Davis Group featuring Ray Fenwick, and WAR featuring Thomas “Papa Dee” Allen:
- 64 Friday: The Great Fire of Rome commenced on this date; however, in contradiction of popular beliefs, the emperor Nero was NOT there—he was on the coast.
- 1009 Tuesday: The reign of the 141st Roman Catholic Pope John XVIII ends on this date. He first became the Vicar of Christ on December 25, 1003.
- 1216 Monday: The reign of the 177th Roman Catholic Pope Honorius III begins on this date. He would guide his global flock from today until March 18, 1227.
- 1536 Saturday: The English Parliament passed an act declaring the authority of the Pope void in England.
- 1588 Monday: The British Navy defeats the Spanish Armada on this date by destroying many ships and scattering the rest into a violent storm.
- 1696 Wednesday: The navy of Russian Czar Peter I occupies the city of Azov and the Sea of Azov at the mouth of the Don River.
- 1743 Thursday: “The New York Weekly Journal” published the first half-page newspaper advertisement.
- 1789 Saturday: Robespierre, a deputy from Arras, France, decided to back the French Revolution.
- 1792 Wednesday: American naval hero John Paul Jones died in Paris at age 45.
- 1812 Saturday: Great Britain signed the Treaty of Orebro, making peace with Russia and Sweden.
- 1830 Sunday: Uruguay adopted a liberal constitution.
- 1872 Thursday: Britain enacted voting by secret ballot through the passage of the Ballot Act.
- 1890 Friday: In Minerva, Ohio, future 5th U.S. Secretary of Defense Charles Erwin Wilson is born. A Republican, he would serve under President Dwight D. Eisenhower from January 28, 1953, to October 08, 1957.
- 1907 Thursday: French troops occupy the city of Casablanca. Meanwhile, in New York City, the “Follies of 1907” by Florins Ziegfeld commence on Broadway.
- 1914 Saturday: Six planes of the U.S. Army helped to form an aviation division called the Signal Corps.
- 1915 Sunday: The Boston Braves begin the move from last place in Major League Baseball standings eventually to win the World Series.
- 1918 Thursday: south African anti-apartheid leader and President Nelson Mandela was born in the village of Mvezo on this date.
- 1921 Monday: The trial of the infamous Chicago “Black Sox” begins in Chicago, Illinois; the team was accused of throwing the World Series for profit.
- 1925 Saturday: Adolf Hitler publishes his testimonial, “Mein Kampf” on this date.
- 1927 Monday: Ty Cobb set a major league baseball record by getting his 4,000th career hit. He hit 4,191 before he retired in 1928.
- 1931 Monday: Future founding member and percussionist with the Los Angeles, California, funk-rock-soul-Latin band, War[i]—Thomas “Papa Dee” Allen—is born in the United States on this date.
- 1932 Wednesday: The United States and Canada signed a treaty by which, to develop the St. Lawrence Seaway. Meanwhile, the Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg sign a ‘unity treaty.’
- 1935 Saturday: Ethiopian King Haile Selassie urged his compatriots to fight to the last man against the invading Italian army.
- 1936 Monday: The Spanish Civil War commences as Generalissimo Francisco Franco leads an uprising against the government. Elsewhere, the first Oscar Meyer Wienermobile rolled out of General Body Company’s factory in Chicago.
- 1938 Wednesday: The Rolling Stones’[ii] famous ‘sixth man,’ keyboardist and band manager, Ian “Stu” Stewart was born on this date in Pittenweem, Fife, Scotland.
- 1939 Thursday: Brian Auger[iii], future keyboardist with various British bands is born in Great Britain. Elsewhere, famed Polish composer Withold Maliszewski checked out at age 65- he did it at a suitable time as the Nazi invasion of his home country would occur on September 1.
- 1940 Thursday: The Democratic National Convention in Chicago, Illinois, nominated President Franklin Delano Roosevelt for an unprecedented third term in office. Earlier in the day, First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt addressed the assembled throng becoming the first presidential spouse to do so. Meanwhile, the British are in a predicament what with being driven out of France by the Nazis and back to British soil. Although not yet at war with Imperial Japan, the Brits in Burma are supplying the Chinese Nationalists in their fight against Japan. Japan is applying pressure on the Brits to stop helping the Nationalists and so they close the road from Burmese ports north into China. They blame it on the encroaching monsoon season.
- 1941 Friday: War is approaching the United States although they don’t know it yet. Japan’s government is undergoing a shakeup in its cabinet as some of its members wish to trash the neutrality pact they have with the Soviet Union, join the Nazis in assaulting Russia, and hitting the Bolsheviks from both sides. Others think this would be a mistake, that some sort of accommodation can be made with the United States to keep oil supplies and raw materials flowing in so they can crush the Chinese. Eventually, they will lose out on both as the Soviets will survive the year and the Americans will cut off their supplies thus bringing about the attack on Pearl Harbor in just FIVE short months. Had they invaded Asiatic Russia, the Soviets would have been destroyed.
- 1942 Saturday: The German ME-262, the first jet-propelled aircraft to fly in combat, made its first flight. Meanwhile, on the Eastern Front, General Friedrich von Paulus and Army Group B now have been given the orders to advance on Stalingrad along the Volga and to destroy Josef Stalin’s namesake city. The clash of titans is on. Elsewhere, the 70th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice George Sutherland- Republican- died in Stockbridge, Massachusetts. President Warren G. Harding nominated Sutherland to fill the seat of Democrat John Hessin Clarke. Sutherland served from 09-05-1922 to 01-17-1938.
- 1943 Sunday: Heavy fighting is raging on Sicily as the Allies attempt to cut off German and Italian forces in the southern portion of the island. The Americans, the British, and the Canadians are all trying to be the one to seal the deal, to cut off any escape route by the Axis troops. Meanwhile, Adolf Hitler is preparing to fly to northern Italy to meet with his crumbling ally, Benito Mussolini. There, he will demand the Italians stiffen their spines instead of being weaklings, snivelers. After all, they bear 90-percent of the responsibility for the Allies being on Axis soil.
- 1944 Tuesday: Emperor Hirohito’s government removed Japanese Premier Hideki Tojo from his post due to setbacks suffered by their country during World War II. Meanwhile, in Nazi-controlled Europe, American forces fighting in France captured the important Normandy town of St. Lo. On the Eastern Front, the Soviets are pushing hard at the Germans. The Germans are clinging to positions in the western portion of the Soviet Union but the heady days of 1941 are long since gone and the Germans are the ones being encircled and crushed.
- 1945 Wednesday: Danny McCullough, bassist and backup vocalist with Eric Burdon and the New Animals[iv] (1966-1968) was born on this date in Shepherd’s Bush, West London, England. Meanwhile, in the Pacific, British and American warplanes commence bombing runs over Tokyo. The days of the Imperial Japanese being the aggressors are coming to an end although fighting is fierce and any talk of invading the home islands of Japan is not something anyone wants to discuss what with the potential of 1-1.5 million Allied troops in a maelstrom of banzai charges and self-sacrifice.
- 1946 Thursday: Ray Fenwick, future guitarist with the Spencer Davis Group[v] and with vocalist, Ian Gillian[vi], and his solo band, is born in Romford, Essex, England, on this date. Elsewhere, Tim Lynch, future member of the San Francisco rock band, the Flamin’ Groovies[vii], is born.
- 1947 Friday: President Harry S. Truman signed a Presidential Succession Act, which placed the Speaker of the House and the Senate President Pro Tempore next in line after the vice president. Meanwhile, the 55th U.S. Secretary of War Robert P. Patterson left his post on this date. A Republican, he served under President Harry S. Truman from September 27, 1945, until today.
- 1955 Sunday: The first electric power generated from nuclear energy is made available to the public through their power company.
- 1957 Thursday: Future rock guitarist with the British rock band, the Clash[viii]—Keith Levene—is born in London, England, on this date.
- 1962 Wednesday: In Los Angeles, California, future fourth drummer for the Grunge Rock band, Pearl Jam- Jack Irons- is born.
- 1964 Saturday: Pete Rose of the Cincinnati Reds hit the only grand slam home run of his career.
- 1969 Friday: Senator Edward M. Kennedy, Democrat- Massachusetts, left a party on Chappaquiddick Island with Mary Jo Kopechne, 28: sometime later, Kennedy’s car went off a bridge into the water. Kennedy was able to escape whereas Kopechne drowned.
- 1971 Sunday: New Zealand and Australia announced they would pull their troops out of Vietnam.
- 1972 Tuesday: Egyptian President Anwar Sadat throws 20,000 Russian military advisors out of the country.
- 1976 Saturday: At the Montreal Olympics, Romanian gymnast Nadia Comaneci received the first perfect score with her routine on uneven parallel bars and would go on to received six more “tens” at Montreal.
- 1977 Monday: Vietnam joins the United Nations as a member.
- 1984 Wednesday: At the Democrat Party’s National Convention in San Francisco, California, Walter F. Mondale wins the party’s presidential nomination. Meanwhile, gunman James Huberty opened fire at a McDonald’s in San Ysidro, Calif., killing 21 people before the cops shot the POS dead.
- 1985 Thursday: Jack Nicklaus II, at age 23 years old made his playing debut on the pro golf tour at the Quad Cities Open in Coal Valley, Illinois.
- 1986 Friday: The world got its first look at the wreckage of the RMS Titanic resting on the ocean floor as videotape of the British luxury liner, which went down in 1912, was released by the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.
- 1991 Thursday: Heavyweight boxer Mike Tyson meets the contestants of the Black Miss America contest.
- 1992 Saturday: Singers Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown get married.
- 1994 Monday: A bomb destroyed a Jewish cultural center in Buenos Aires, Argentina, killing 85 people.
- 2000 Tuesday: Movie executives announced that Christopher Reeve would direct and serve as executive producer on the TV movie, “Rescuing Jeffrey.”
- 2010 Sunday: The United Kingdom announces it will increase aid to impoverished nations—including a 40-percent increase to Afghanistan—while cutting aid to ‘powerhouse nations’ such as China, Russia, and Eastern Europe. Elsewhere, in Adhamiya, Iraq, a suicide bomber gets lucky what with the killing of at least 43 people and wounding loads of others who either were government officials or members of an anti-Al-Qaida group known as the Sons of Iraq.
- 2011 Monday: Command of all NATO forces in Afghanistan transfers from General David Petraeus to U.S. Marine Corps Lieutenant-General John R. Allen. Elsewhere, Russian stooge- uh, President Dmitry Medvedev- arrives in Germany for a two-day state visit.
- 2012 Wednesday: The son of North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Il, Kim Jung-Un, becomes the supreme leader of the isolationist nation; he holds the rank of Marshal in the Korean People’s Army. Elsewhere, terrorists carry out a bombing against a bus carrying Israeli tourists in Bulgaria at the Burgas Airport. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu blames the Iranian scum for the deaths of at least 6 and another 25 injured.
- 2013 Thursday: Detroit, Michigan, files the largest municipal bankruptcy in the history of the world and seeks Chapter 9 Bankruptcy Protection on its debt of $18.5 billion. It is interesting to note that Democrats have controlled the city for nearly 60 years yet they blame everyone else for their stupidity. People of Michigan- time to start electing a full slate of Republicans. Elsewhere, Russian freedom fighter Alexei Navalny is convicted of embezzling from a Putin-controlled timber company.
- 2014 Friday: Forbes Media, controlled by the Forbes family, is selling a majority interest in the business to Integrated Whale Media Investments, based in Hong Kong; the deal is expected to provide Forbes with greater international exposure. Meanwhile, the U.N. Security Council held an emergency meeting a day after the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 with the loss of all 298 people on board, demanding that pro-Russia rebels who controlled the eastern Ukraine crash site give immediate, unfettered access to independent investigators. Elsewhere, the Obama administration announced it was reopening the Eastern Seaboard to offshore oil and gas exploration,
- 2015 Saturday: Supreme Ayatollah of Iran, Ali Khamenei says that despite the recent nuclear deal with the United States, it does not change his views on the United States or its policies in the Middle East. Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia launches a major crackdown on ISIS garbage in their country by going out and rounding up 431 jihadist suspects. We suspect the chopping blocks are going to be extremely busy… Elsewhere, California is burning as usual what with the Cajon Pass Wildfire in San Bernardino County. At least 3,500 acres have gone up in smoke as have 16 homes along with at least 65-70 passenger vehicles and trucks. Once again, California Democrats bear full responsibility for this outrage for not maintaining the forests.
- 2016 Monday: At the GOP Convention, El Paso County Commissioner and Colorado Senate hopeful Darryl Glenn stirred up the crowd by telling them, “Frankly somebody with a nice tan needs to say this, all lives matter,” in response to Black Lives Matter running amok in the streets. In November, the black Republican would lose to Democratic Senator Michael Bennett.
- 2017 Tuesday: Regarding ALLEGED misconduct in voting rights cases in the great state of Kansas, a disciplinary group that oversees attorneys in the state has announced that they are going to launch an investigation into the state’s Secretary of State Kris Kobach. Once again, anyone fighting to protect voting rights in this country becomes a target of left-wing, Democratic-Socialist Party terrorists. What a shame.
- 2018 Wednesday: After worldwide condemnation and a dramatic drop in the price of Tesla stock, Elon Musk apologizes for having slandered drowned Thai cave diver who helped rescue the Thai boys soccer team from the cave complex in which they had been trapped by rising floodwaters. Musk had called the renowned diver, “Pedo guy,” inferring that he was somehow a pedophile. What really had Musk bothered is that his attempt at rescuing the boys and their coach failed. Meanwhile, Turkey ends its two-year state of emergency on this date.
- 2019 Thursday: In Israel’s Negev Desert, archaeologists discover the world’s ‘oldest mosque.’ However, the Jews were there first so Islam cannot use this ‘find’ as yet another pretense for claiming they own the land of the Jewish state. Meanwhile, the city of West Palm Beach, Florida, confounded by hordes of homeless people clogging the city’s waterfront resorts to blasting two children’s songs- “Baby Shark” and “Raining Tacos” to drive the homeless away. Not sure whether it worked or not but it sure as hell should have. Horrible songs. Meanwhile, fresh from condemning President Trump the previous day, the House of Representatives votes to table a resolution on whether to impeach the 45th president or not. The vote was 332-95.
- 2020 Saturday: Covid-19 Statistics for the Planet as a Whole– Here are today’s COVID-19 Wuhan Virus, aka the Xi Jinping Bat Flu, aka the Chinese Flu, you know, the Chinese “gift” that won’t stop giving, statistics for today: 14,210,040 confirmed cases, UP 173,019, 600,435 confirmed deaths, and 7,983,920 confirmed recoveries, UP 165,611. In the United States, here are today’s numbers: 3,781,985 confirmed cases, UP 104,532 new cases, 142,229 confirmed deaths, UP 1,341, and 1,108,581 confirmed recoveries, UP 31,695. Next, in the three states where the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 375,363 confirmed cases, 7,595 confirmed deaths, but thanks to Gov. Gavin Newsom being little more than a festering POS, NO mention of confirmed recoveries. In Hawaii, here are the stats: 1,334 confirmed cases, 23 confirmed deaths, and 994 confirmed recoveries. Finally, in the too-far-left-to-save-state-of-Washington, here are the stats: 45,943 confirmed cases, 1,444 confirmed deaths, and like California’s worthless governor, Gov. Jay Inslee won’t list the number of confirmed recoveries.
- 2021 Sunday: Covid-19 Statistics for the Planet as a Whole– 191,217,048 confirmed cases, +95,975, 4,105,728 confirmed deaths, +6,657 and 174,165,937 confirmed recoveries, +32,878. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 34,963,907 confirmed cases, UP 9,970 from yesterday’s reporting, 624,746 confirmed deaths, UP 31,[ix] and 29,376,590 confirmed recoveries, UP 7,409. We genuinely welcome COVID Live Update World Meter for being honest in covering ALL the numbers- God bless them.[x]
- 2021 Sunday A: Joe Biden to Donald J. Trump COVID-19 Deaths– Note: since Joe Biden became president on January 20, 2021, there have been 306,386 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States- feeble old Joe, by the end of the year, you will have tied the total number witnessed by the Trump administration in nearly a year of the rampaging coronavirus pandemic. Under President Trump’s watch, there were 404,078 fatalities from the Chi-Com Bat Virus. Currently, Joe is shy 97,692 deaths- we brought this number up to date- Joe is going to hit the mark very soon now…
- 2021 Sunday B: COVID-19 Statistics in the four states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Florida, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 3,861,134 confirmed cases, 64,093 confirmed deaths, and 2,081,032 confirmed recoveries. Moving on, here are the numbers for Florida: 2,452,161 confirmed cases, 38,395 confirmed deaths, and 2,261,240 confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 39,254 confirmed cases, 523 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 461,693 confirmed cases, 6,095 confirmed deaths, and 228,491 confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other portion of the U.S., New York: they have 2,186,966 confirmed cases, 54,146 confirmed deaths, and 2,038,304 confirmed recoveries. [xi]
- 2021 Sunday C: Foreign COVID Stats of the Day– Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 851,723 confirmed cases, 6,449 confirmed deaths, and 838,564 confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other country- Martinique, 152nd country on the list: 13,371 cases of the virus, 99 confirmed deaths and 98 confirmed recoveries. [xii]
- 2021 Sunday D: FRIDAY’S Stock Market Closes/Precious and Rare Metals: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 34,687.85, DOWN 299.17 points (-0.86%). Next, the NASDAQ: 14,427.24, DOWN 115.90 points (-0.86%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 4,327.16, DOWN 32.87 points (-0.75%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $71.45 per barrel, -0.36 (-0.50%). The price of GOLD is $1,812.50 per troy oz., -2.50 (-0.14%) while the price of SILVER is $25.70 per troy ounce, -0.10 (-0.37%). The price of PLATINUM is $1,101.10 per troy oz, -7.40 (-0.67%) while the price of COPPER is $4.31 per pound, -0.02 (-0.39%).[xiii] The price of PALLADIUM is $2,630.91 per troy oz, -100.16 (-3.67%).[xiv] The price of RHODIUM is $19,700.00 per troy oz., 0.00 (+0.00%). The price of NEODYMIUM is $665,000.00 per CNY/T, +10,000.00 (+1.53%). The price of ALUMINUM is $2,487.75 per USD/T, -22.75 (-0.91%). [xv] Currently, Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000032. As for Chi-Com money, one-dollar U.S. = 6.48 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.85 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 19.94. In Burundian Franc, one greenback equals 1,962.15 and in Cambodian Riel, a buck equals 4,062.00 and in Canadian Dollar, one dollar equals 1.26 of theirs.[xvi]
- 2021 Sunday E: U.S. National Debt and Gasoline Prices in the Four States in which we have Chef-Authors– Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising by the day and NOTE- these prices are sans TAXES- in California, gasoline prices have risen to over $4.322 per gallon, $2.993 in Florida, $4.072 in Hawaii, and $3.837 in Washington state.[xvii] Let’s look at one other location- Alabama: $2.838. We are going to do something else that could be fun- gasoline prices around the world going from cheapest to highest. The next country on the list has the next lowest gasoline price in the world- Australia: $4.361 per U.S. Gallon.[xviii] Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $28,537,685,987,146 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but flipping TRILLIONS.[xix] Cloward and Piven causing problems like they always do which is not good- those two bastards should have met their ends on the chopping block. As for holders of U.S. debt, after India, the next largest holder of U.S. debt is Singapore with $168 billion of U.S. national debt (it is important to note that these numbers vary every day with one nation after another jockeying for top position.
- 2022 Monday: COVID-19 Statistics for The Planet as a Whole– 568,659,447 confirmed cases, +834,599, 6,389,467 confirmed deaths, +1,714 and 539,901,330 confirmed recoveries, +980,802. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 91,429,409 confirmed cases, UP 154,260 from yesterday’s reporting, 1,049,274 confirmed deaths, UP 431,[xx] and 86,752,569 confirmed recoveries, UP by 106,349. We frankly welcome COVID Live Update World Meter for being honest in covering ALL the numbers- God bless them. [xxi]
- 2022 Monday A: Monkeypox Statistics for The Planet as a Whole– Next, since the monkeypox seems to be the next uninvited ‘pandemic,’ (Chi-Coms the culprits once again?) Spain now holds the record with 2,835 cases while Germany is in second place with a total of 1,924 cases. The United Kingdom- in third place- has 1,856 cases. The United States is in fourth place with 1,813 cases- close the frigging bathhouses in areas overrun by the gay community. Currently, the fifth highest number of cases in the world is France. This country has 928 confirmed cases while the world now has 13,108 cases, an increase of 808 cases in a single day. Amazing how this crap just seems to pop up around election time.”[xxii] Dr. Fauci is back to his old tricks demanding we go back to wearing masks and cringing inside our homes- screw him. Chef Cheryl.
- 2022 Monday B: Joe Biden to Donald J. Trump Covid-19 Deaths– Note: since Joe Biden became president on January 20, 2021, there have been 596,903 Chi-Vi deaths in the United States- intellectually inadequate old Joe, by the end of the year, you will have tied the total number seen by the Trump administration in a year of the raging coronavirus pandemic. Under President Trump’s watch, there were 404,645 fatalities from the Chi-Com Bat Virus. From this point forward, ALL COVID-19 deaths are atop Joe Biden. He has surpassed President Donald J. Trump’s 17-month number by 234,342 Chi-Com lab-engineered virus deaths in EIGHTEEN MONTHS. President Joseph R. Biden has accomplished this arduous task in 544 days. He promised that he would lockdown the virus, NOT the country.
- 2022 Monday C: COVID-19 Statistics in the four states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Florida, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 10,452,333 confirmed cases, 93,121 confirmed deaths, and 9,584,065 confirmed recoveries. Moving on, here are the numbers for Florida: 6,711,131 confirmed cases, 76,823 confirmed deaths, and 6,323,373 confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 317,540 confirmed cases, 1,535 confirmed deaths, and 297,099 of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 1,709,156 confirmed cases, 13,463 confirmed deaths, and 1,617,765 confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other part of the U.S., the seventeenth from the top- Wisconsin: they have 1,754,646 confirmed cases, 14,859 confirmed deaths, and 1,692,878 confirmed recoveries. [xxiii]
- 2022 Monday D: Foreign Covid Stats of The Day– Now that Mo has moved to Israel, let us look at the statistics there: 4,518,516 confirmed cases, 11,181 confirmed deaths, and 4,443,356 confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other place in the world- Bahrain, 80th place on the list: 650,625 cases of the virus, 1,506 confirmed death and 637,954 confirmed recoveries. [xxiv]
- 2022 Monday E: Stock Market Closes/Precious and Rare Metals: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 31,072.61, DOWN 215.65 points (-0.69%). Next, the NASDAQ: 11,360.05 DOWN 92.37 points (-0.81%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 3,830.85, DOWN 32.31 points (-0.84%). On the world markets, the Nikkei 225 Index numbers are: 26,993.95 UP 205.48 points (+0.77%). As for the Deutsche Boerse DAX Index, the numbers are: 12,959.81 UP 95.09 points (+0.74%). The Shanghai SE Composite Index is: 3,278.68 down 0.57 (-0.017%). Finally, the S&P BSE Sensex Index is: 54,521.15, UP 760.37 (+1.41%).
- 2022 Monday F: Commodities/Precious and Rare Metals: The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $102.61 per barrel, +0.01 (+0.01%). The price of GOLD is $1,705.50 per troy oz., -4.70 (-0.27%) while the price of SILVER is $18.55 per troy ounce, -0.29 (-1.54%). The price of PLATINUM is $843.20 per troy oz, -12.80 (-1.50%) while the price of COPPER is $3.29 per pound, -0.06 (-1.67%).[xxv] The price of PALLADIUM is $1,869.14 per troy oz., +14.29 (+0.77%). The price of RHODIUM is $14,000.00 per troy oz., +100.00 (+0.72%). The price of NEODYMIUM is $1,115,000.00 per CNY/T, 0.00 (0.00%). The price of ALUMINUM is $2,435.00 per USD/T, +91.00 (+3.88%). The price of ZINC is $2,992.50 per USD/T., +61.00 (+2.08%). The price of COCOA is $2,329.00 per USD/T, +8.00 (+0.34%). The price of COFFEE is $216.30 per USD/T, +12.60 (+6.19%). The price of CORN is $606.25 per USD/T, 0.00 (-0.98%). The price of LUMBER is $640.80 USD 1,000 board feet -41.20 (-6.04).[xxvi]
- 2022 Monday G: Currency Conversions of the Day: Currently, Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000045. As for Chi-Com money, one-dollar U.S. = 6.75 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.99 euros, in Mexican pesos equals 20.44, and in Russian rubles, one dollar equals 56.35 of theirs. In French Pacific Franc, one greenback equals 117.59 and, in Gambian Dalasi, one U.S. dollar equals 54.10 and in Georgian Lari, one dollar equals 2.81 of theirs. [xxvii]
- 2022 Monday H: U.S. National Debt and Gasoline Prices in the Four States in which we have Chef-Authors– California, gasoline prices have moved to $5.897 per gallon, $4.255 in Florida, $5.599 in Hawaii, and $5.236 in Washington state.[xxviii] Let us look at one other portion of the United States: Alabama- $4.093. We are going to do something else that is absurdly amusing- gasoline prices around the world going from cheapest to highest. The next place on the list has the 111th LOWEST gasoline price in the world- Sri Lanka: $5.773 per U.S. Gallon.[xxix] Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $30,589,810,366,388 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but frigging TRILLIONS.[xxx] Cloward and Piven causing problems like they always do which is not good- those two bastards should have met their ends on the chopping block. As for holders of U.S. debt, after Thailand, the 22nd largest holder of U.S. debt is Germany. This country holds $75,000,000,000 of U.S. debt (it is important to note that these numbers vary every day with one nation after another jockeying for top position).
- 2022 Monday I: Vaccine Manufacturers’ Stock Prices (Follow the Money) News– (1) Pfizer: $50.75 (2) AstraZeneca: $66.37 (3) Novavax: $51.97 (4) Merck & Company: $92.34 (5) Johnson & Johnson: $174.23 (6) BioNTech: $161.03 (7) Moderna: $163.40.
- 2022 Monday J: Military Suppliers’ Stock Prices (Follow the Money 2) News– (1) Raytheon: $89.80 (2) Boeing: $147.42 (3) General Dynamics: $209.79 (4) Lockheed Martin: $387.28 (5) Northrop-Grumman: $449.26.
- 2022 Monday K: PPE Manufacturers’ Stock Prices (Follow the Money 3) News– (1) Ansell Ltd.: $24.69 (2) DuPont: $54.36 (3) 3M: $128.91 (4) Honeywell: $170.95 (5) Teijen: $1,404.00.
- 2022 Monday L: Artificial (Fake) Meat Manufacturers’ Stock Prices (Follow the Money 4) News– (1) Maple Leaf Foods/Tofurkey: $25.41 (2) Beyond Meat: $34.68 (3) Kellogg’s/Morning Star Farms: $71.71.
- 2022 Monday M: Big Box Store Stock Prices (Follow the Money 5) News– (1) Wal-Mart: $128.77 (2) Lowe’s: $185.79 (3) Home Depot: $293.05 (4) Costco Wholesale Corp: $516.30 (5) Amazon: $113.76.
- 2022 Monday N: California Lottery Results-Powerball Monday Night Draw– here are the results for the Powerball Draw #1016 with a jackpot of $89 million up for grabs: 02, 09, 13, 29, 36, and Powerball 05. Out of 34,932 winning tickets, the highest winners were FOUR people who had FOUR numbers plus the Powerball for a prize of $4,536 apiece.
- 2022 Monday O: It appears that the illegitimate ‘president’ Joe Biden’s world is imploding. His wife, the faux first lady (so they call her) is blasting the Dems for not supporting her crumbling husband’s collapsing regime. Still, we must stagger through another four months until this neutered loser and his extremely corrupt wife become totally meaningless, lame duck losers and another two years before we can send them packing.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0895 a 30” x 40” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “My Favorite View.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” For more than 60 years- up until her untimely death from cancer in 2012- Bev stood before the easel and painted for 10-12 hours per day. Known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks, her paintings are in demand as much today as they were 30 years ago. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her website NOW and view her stunning body of work, one the Chi-Coms have long tried to copy and sell facsimiles of but which none of them have ever been able to reproduce well enough to fool novice art buyers. Once there, it is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor- virtually anyone. You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there as quickly as your fingers can tap the letters on your keyboard. The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day, aka the AICPENDBLOG.COM, thanks each and every one of you, our beloved, loyal fan base. DON’T buy any counterfeit bull crap coming out of mainland communist China, especially from Xinjiang Province, ground zero for Chi-Com National Socialism.
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
The next Beach Boys album came out on February 01, 2000, the wonderful “The Greatest Hits Volume 3- the Best of the Brother Years 1970-1986.” This release picks up where the previous ‘best of’ compilation left off: beginning with “Sunflower.” The tunes included here feature (1) “Add Some Music to Your Day” (2) “Susie Cincinnati” (3) “This Whole World” (4) “Long Promised Road” (5) “Disney Girls (1957)” (6) “Till I Die” (7) “Surf’s Up” (8) “Marcella” and (9) “Sail On, Sailor.” Next, we have (10) “The Trader” (11) “California Saga” (12) “Rock-and-Roll Music” (13) “It’s Okay” (14) “Honkin’ Down the Highway” (15) “Peggy Sue” (16) “Good Timin’” (17) “Goin’ On” (18) “Come Go With Me” (19) “Getcha Back” and (20) “California Dreamin’.” This is a superb repackaging of the band’s music through one of its most prolific periods of growth, of innovation, and of genius. We hope you will seek this one out at your favorite site for the best in rock-and-roll music. Seek it out and enjoy.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 07-18-2022, all rights reserved. (Editor’s Note: we pay the estate of Beverly Carrick an annual fee by which, we can show her paintings to the world. We make NO money from the estate’s sales of her world-famous artworks). Total Word Count: 4,147. Chef Elvin C. McCardle.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Beverly Carrick Fiery Sunset Seascapes, Just the Facts, Unvarnished Truth- The, Jack Irons, Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Ian “Stu” Stewart, Brian Auger and the Trinity, Danny McCullough, Eric Burdon and the New Animals, Ray Fenwick, The Spencer Davis Group, The Ian Gillian Band, Tim Lynch, The Flamin’ Groovies, War, Thomas “Papa Dee” Allen, The Clash, Keith Levene, “Mein Kampf” by Adolf Hitler, President Warren G. Harding, President Harry S. Truman, President Dwight D. Eisenhower, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice John Hessin Clarke, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice George Sutherland, U.S. Secretary of Defense Charles Erwin Wilson, President Dwight D. Eisenhower, U.S. Secretary of War Robert P. Patterson, COVID-19 Statistics for the Planet as a Whole, Joe Biden to Donald J. Trump COVID-19 Deaths, COVID-19 Statistics, Foreign COVID Stats of the Day, Stock Market Closes/Precious And Rare Metals, U.S. National Debt and Gasoline Prices in the Four States in which we have Chef-Authors, Illegal Aliens, Illegal Immigration, Illegal Alien Undeclared War on the U.S., Mexican Drug Cartels, Illegal Alien Invasion, Illegal Alien Tsunami, Illegal Alien Tidal Wave, Illegal Alien Caravans, Joe Biden’s Open Borders Policies, Build the Wall and Deport Them All, Replacement Theory, Illegal Alien overrunning of America, COVID-19, Chi-Vi- the, The ‘VID, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, China Virus, China Virus Crisis, Yellow Fever 2019-2021, Communist China Condition, Kung Flu- The, Wuhan Waltz- The, BIG C-19- The, Wuhan Whoopie- The, COVID-19 Mandates, Pelosi Pox- The, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Hubei Hooey- The, Xi Jinping’s Bat Fu Yuk, Communist Killer Virus 2019-2021 and Onward, Chairman Xi’s Fever, Chairman Xi’s Gift to the World- the Chi-Vi, COVID-19- the Trump Whacker, COVID-19- the Hong Kong Democracy Movement Killer, California COVID-19 Cases, Florida COVID-19 Cases, Hawaii COVID-19 Cases, Washington COVID-19 Cases, New York COVID-19 Cases, Israeli COVID-19 Cases, Martinique COVID-19 Cases, U.S. Stock Markets, U.S. National Debt, National Security Issues, COVID-19 World Health Meter Statistics, U.S. Stock Markets, U.S. National Debt, National Security Issues, U.S. National Gasoline Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper, Palladium, Rhodium, Neodymium, Precious and Rare Metals, Light Sweet Crude Oil, U.S. Monetary Conversions, Monetary Conversions of the Day, Bitcoin, Chinese Yuan, European Union Euros, Mexican Pesos, Burundian Franc, Cambodian Riel, Canadian Dollar, Alabama Gas Prices, Global Petrol Prices, Australian Petrol Price, Roman Catholic Church, Pope John XVIII, Pope Honorius III, Professional Sports, Professional Boxing, Mike Tyson, “Iron Mike” Tyson, The Beach Boys, Brian Wilson, Carl Wilson, Dennis Wilson, Alan Jardine, Mike Love, Bruce Johnston, Chef Elvin C. McCardle,
[i] We began presenting the music of the Animals, of Eric Burdon and the Animals, of Eric Burdon, Eric Burdon and War, and War beginning on Monday, 08-June-2015 and the presentation ran through Sunday, 02-August-2015. We hope you will seek them out and consider making them a part of your listening pleasure.
[ii] We shared the music of the Rolling Stones (and the group’s individual members) beginning Tuesday, 22-March-2016 through Sunday, 28-August-2016. This included the members solo projects.
[iii] Not sure when we will promote the music of Brian Auger and his various groups but one day, we sure hope the heck we do.
[iv] We began presenting the music of the Animals, of Eric Burdon and the Animals, of Eric Burdon, Eric Burdon and War, and War beginning on Monday, 08-June-2015 and the presentation ran through Sunday, 02-August-2015. We hope you will seek them out and consider making them a part of your listening pleasure
[v] We began promoting the music of not only Traffic but also the Spencer Davis Group, Steve Winwood, Chris Wood, Jim Capaldi, and Dave Mason. The presentation commenced on Monday, 30-November-2015 through Sunday, 20-March-2016. This offering also included Blind Faith. We hope you will seek them out and add them to your collection.
[vi] We shared the music of Deep Purple, Ian Gillan, Captain Beyond, Elf, and Rainbow beginning on Tuesday, 20-March-2018 and concluded this massive offering on Sunday, 14-October-2018. Please seek out the music by all of these phenomenal bands. All are fabulous.
[vii] We shared the music of Deep Purple, Ian Gillan, Captain Beyond, Elf, and Rainbow beginning on Tuesday, 20-March-2018 and concluded this massive offering on Sunday, 14-October-2018. Please seek out the music by all of these phenomenal bands. All are fabulous.
[vii] We shared the music of the Flamin’ Groovies beginning on Thursday, 25-November-2010 through Sunday, 02-January-2011. We hope you will check them out and enjoy.
[viii] We look forward to doing the Clash but expect to do Supertramp first, then Pink Floyd, then Electric Light Orchestra/the Move, then Yes, and then perhaps the Clash. They are among the amazing British rock bands of the 1970s and deserve to be acknowledged as such.
[ix] Bing seems to be covering numbers up for the Biden administration so here is where we have gone now: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[xii] We obtain our statistics for the coronavirus from: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[xiii] Commodities – Oil, Silver and Gold Prices – CNN Business– see this site for daily commodity information.
[xiv] Palladium PRICE Today | Palladium Spot Price Chart | Live Price of Palladium per Ounce | Markets Insider (businessinsider.com) See this site for daily trading in palladium.
[xv] Commodities Prices – Spot – Futures (tradingeconomics.com) See this site for much of the economic information cobbled together at this blog.
[xviii] Please see the following site for information on global gas prices: Gasoline prices around the world, 26-Apr-2021 | GlobalPetrolPrices.com
[xix] U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.
[xx] Bing seems to be covering numbers up for the Biden administration so here is where we have gone now: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[xxiv] We obtain our statistics for the coronavirus from: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[xxv] Commodities – Oil, Silver and Gold Prices – CNN Business– see this site for daily commodity information.
[xxvi] Commodities Prices – Spot – Futures (tradingeconomics.com) See this site for much of the economic information cobbled together at this blog.
[xxix] Please see the following site for information on global gas prices: Gasoline prices around the world, 26-Apr-2021 | GlobalPetrolPrices.com
[xxx] U.S. National Debt Clock: Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.