Chef Cheryl La Tigre
The AICP-END Blog
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
JUST THE FACTS- WORDPRESS
THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY COMMENTARY-OPINION-SPORTS-FOOD SERVICE FOR SUNDAY, MARCH 03, 2019 BY CHEF CHERYL LA TIGRE
“Just the Facts: until now, NO American president, sitting or former, has ever faced going to prison so let us hope that Mr. Trump submits his resignation in exchange for his freedom before he hits the point of no return” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre
WINTER SESSION 2019
BLOG POST #3,045 AT THE AICP-END
612 DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2020
Should President Trump resign his office in exchange for his freedom? I think so…
Honolulu, HI, 03-03-2019 Sunday: Well, here it is, pau hana for me, normally, we call Friday ‘pau hana,’ meaning the workweek is over but in the world of professional food service, there seldom- if ever- a weekend off. Ah, well, it is what it is, I am not complaining as my family and I love what we do. Living on Oah’u is one of the greatest joys that anyone could experience and other than the few times we visit the mainland, we find greater joy visiting the other islands.
Moloka’i and Lana’i are lovely, Kaua’i, always a big treat- especially visiting the famous fern grotto (where lots of haeoles get married) and sailing the Wailua River, and the Big Island, well, we love playing golf at Kona. Oh, yes, Mau’i, such a gorgeous place, we are going to have to do the hike through the floor of Haleakala again, the one where you go to the bottom of the extinct volcano, the home of Pele, the goddess of fire, and hike out through the Kaupo Gap on the east side.
From there, the bus picks everyone up on the 31 and we either head northwest up to the 360 and Hana, or, if we are braced for it, we swing westward around the backside of the island, take a shortcut down to Makena or go back up the volcano, hit Ulupalakua, drive up past Keokea and back down to Kahului, to the airport, and back to Oah’u.
Moving on to the final topic of the week, we had the hearings in the House, the one in which, President Donald J. Trump’s former ‘fixer,’ former attorney and soon-to-be-federal prison inmate Michael Cohen, on the television in the bar, the dining room, and in the kitchen so the guests and employees could witness democracy in action.
Everyone should feel pride, no matter what side of the aisle one resides, that we are able to watch history in the making, watching a painful moment in the history of our country where the first witness of the 116th Congress is a man who could bring the president of the United States down in one fell swoop.
I must say that what we heard is not good and how President Donald J. Trump survives this is unknown to me as were I the one in the witness box, and someone such as Mr. Cohen was throwing my secrets out in the street, I think I would begin seeking ways to minimize the time I most likely was going to spend in prison.
Watching the hearings enlightened everyone not acquainted with this mess as to what is going on in the country, how the current president managed to win the White House, and the sorts of men- and women- the president maintains as company.
Michael Cohen certainly is not a sympathetic figure. If anything, he is a weakling, a man easily twisted and turned into doing whatever the president required of him to do. If someone needed badgering and bullying, well, Mr. Cohen is the man who did the job so it was somewhat rich to watch him snivel and cry about how the ‘President is threatening me.’ Oh, boohoo, sir, you reap what you sow and you are reaping it all now.
As I said, I am not sure how President Trump can survive this. Mr. Cohen pointed out how candidate and President Trump is a racist, a bigot, a fraud, and a crook. Having someone such as him representing our country is beyond me, there is no way it cannot become a major black eye for our country both abroad and at home. The best thing Mr. Trump could do is to sign his resignation letter and hand the reins of power over to the vice president, Mike Pence.
We have been down this road before, we saw another Republican president forced into doing the same thing: Richard Milhouse Nixon. Bereft of support from his party over Watergate, he resigned the office and his vice president, the distinguished Gerald R. Ford, took over and served as a caretaker, helping to heal the nation by bringing the sad chapter to a close.
As we watched the questioning of Mr. Cohen, he seemed to do the best he could, considering how the Republicans- namely Mark Meadows and Jim Jordan- sought to undermine his testimony and destroy him.
On the other side of the divide, I will say that Elijah Cummings, committee chair, did a marvelous job of keeping order, enforcing impartiality, and moving things along. I would hope the Republicans learn something from his evenhandedness should they ever return to power.
I will also say that some of the younger firebrands like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez- AOC- did a phenomenal job of asking concise, direct questions, and then moving on. The only Democrat that caused a bit of a huff at the end- Rashida Tlaib- could use some lessons in decorum.
My takeaway from the testimony today is that President Donald J. Trump should be embarrassed. It is clear that if what Mr. Cohen said is true- the 45th president is a racist, a bigot, and a misogynist, someone the nation would be better served were he to throw in the towel and return to running his real estate empire.
I believe what Mr. Cohen said, that Donald Trump never thought he was going to win the 2016 Presidential Election and continued doing business as why not? Right? I think we can give him a pass on this one as most Americans truly believed that Hillary was going to win the election with room to spare so why should we concern ourselves about him continuing to negotiate regarding a Trump Tower in Moscow?
In the end, I believe that Mr. Trump is going to face criminal charges in the Southern District of New York, the federal law enforcement agency that appears to be building an unassailable case against the brash New Yorker. Whether he pays the penalty for his seemingly numerous crimes is unknown to anyone because we have never seen a former president go to prison.
Let us hope that this does not become a precedent as it would be highly embarrassing for the American people to have a former chief executive doing hard time. While I know some of my GOP colleagues demanded that President Obama do time in prison, I will overlook that if they merely agree that what #45 has done does deserve some manner of punishment.
See you next time, have a glorious six months and we shall meet again later in the summer. Tomorrow, Chef EC McCardle will be picking up where I left off. Aloha.
Cheryl La Tigre
Cheryl La Tigre
CEC, ACF, Chefs de Cuisine Association of Honolulu, Hawaii
Up-and-coming Bakersfield, California, street artist, Simone, created this cartoonish caricature of me so we can keep our identities on the down low due to increasing threats, Web intrusions and threats, and so we do not lose our professional businesses because of our politics here at the AICP-END Blogs.
That said, I began my career in the early 1970’s when I apprenticed to cook under one of the masters on the Big Island where I was born. I moved to Oahu in the early 1980’s after having worked in both Kona and Hilo, HI, and have been there for most of my professional career.
Moreover, I have also worked on Maui for a few years (1995-1998) and have been on Kauai (2001-2003) before returning to Honolulu. My goal is to prepare the next generation of chefs for the future and to help the underprivileged in their struggle to attain careers in the foodservice industry.
Chef Cheryl La Tigre writes from Honolulu, HI.
Chef Cheryl La Tigre is a proud member of the Democratic Party.
Contact me at the following address: email@example.com
CHEF CHERYL LA TIGRE
END COMMENTARY 03-03-2019
COPYRIGHT © 2019 BY MHB PRODUCTIONS
WORD COUNT: 1,128
03-03-2019 Sunday—Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXXII: “Until now, NO American president, sitting or former, has ever faced going to prison so let us hope that Mr. Trump submits his resignation in exchange for his freedom before he hits the point of no return” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
HOW TO CONTACT THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY: Write us at PO Box 20669, Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669 or call us at (661) 374-1430 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. PST weekdays and weekends, well, take your chances. You can also email us by contacting the author of the week using his or her email address, which we provide beneath their personal information.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 03-02-2019, all rights reserved.
La Tigre, Cheryl. “Until now, NO American president, sitting or former, has ever faced going to prison so let us hope that Mr. Trump submits his resignation in exchange for his freedom before he hits the point of no return.” Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXXII
Edward “Eddie” Fitzgerald Carlton edited and rewrote the blog post today.
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
PLEASE JOIN US AT THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY’S FACEBOOK PAGE—THIS IS WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE ALBUM OF THE DAY, THE BEVERLY CARRICK PAINTING OF THE DAY, AND THE POLITICAL CARTOON OF THE DAY PLUS ALL SORTS OF COMMENTARY!
PLEASE VISIT THE GREAT FACEBOOK PAGE OF AMERICA’S TOP ARTIST, BEVERLY CARRICK, SO YOU CAN SHARE COMMENTS AND FEELINGS ABOUT THE LIFE OF THIS AMAZING ARTIST. THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER LIKE SHE, WE MOURN HER DEATH, WHICH OCCURRED IN NOVEMBER 2012. GOD REST AND BLESS HER SOUL!
PLEASE JOIN US AT THE AICP-END BLOG WHERE WE PROMOTE THE ARTWORKS OF AMERICA’S GREATEST ARTIST, BEVERLY CARRICK. WE ALSO PROMOTE MUSIC THERE THAT WE HAVE NOT PRESENTED AT THE MAIN BLOG SO PLEASE GO OVER THERE AND SEE WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU—YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID!
VISIT BEVERLY CARRICK.COM TO SEE WHAT PAINTINGS ARE AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO PURCHASE—YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID. THERE, YOU WILL FIND MANY GORGEOUS PAINTINGS, SOME OF WHICH MAY STILL BE THERE FOR YOU TO ADD TO YOUR GROWING COLLECTION OF ARTWORKS.
KEEP READING THE ELEMENTARY NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST OF CULINARY POLITICS!
READ THE ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY FOR THE BEST NEWS, POLITICAL COMMENTARY, SPORTS, FOOD SERVICE, HOTEL, AND RESTAURANT BUSINESS, THE END TIMES, THE END OF DAYS, THE APOCALYPSE, ARMAGEDDON, AND WHATEVER ELSE HAPPENS TO POP UP!
Cheryl La Tigre, Political Topics and Essays, Queen, Freddie Mercury, Donald Trump, Michael Cohen, Mark Meadows, Jim Jordan, Elijah Cummings, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlaib, Mike Pence,
TODAY IN HISTORY—MARCH 03, 2019:
Buffalo Springfield, Elvis Presley, and Wings featuring Linda McCartney:
- 1746: The army of Bonnie Prince Charlie of Scotland occupies Inverness Castle.
- 1791: An act of the U.S. Congress establishes the Mint.
- 1801: The first American Jew elected governor, David Emanuel, takes the oath of office in Georgia.
- 1805: An act of the U.S. Congress forms the Louisiana-Missouri Territories.
- 1812: Congress passed the first foreign aid bill.
- 1815: The United States declares war on the Barbary Pirates for taking American prisoners and keeping their ships.
- 1817: The Mississippi Territory undergoes division into the Mississippi and Alabama Territories. Meanwhile, the first commercial steamboat route between Louisville and New Orleans opened on this date.
- 1820: The Missouri Compromise passes making the territory a slave-holding one.
- 1837: The U.S. Congress increases the number of justices on the Supreme Court from seven to nine. Meanwhile, President Andrew Jackson and Congress recognize the Republic of Texas.
- 1845: Florida became the 27th state of the Union. Meanwhile, in Washington, DC, Congress passed legislation overriding a presidential veto for the first time in the history of the United States. Finally, an Act of Congress established uniform postal rates throughout the nation with the new law going into effect on July 1, 1845.
- 1849: On this date, the government of the United States established the U.S. Department of the Interior. In addition to that, the U.S. Congress organizes the Minnesota Territory. Finally, Congress passed the Gold Coinage Act, which allowed the minting of gold coins.
- 1851: The U.S. Congress authorized the 3-cent piece, which was the smallest U.S. silver coin in circulation at the time.
- 1857: The outbreak of the Second Opium War sees France and Great Britain declare war on the crumbling nation of China with the intent of gaining more territory.
- 1861: Czar Alexander II of Russia signs the Emancipation Manifesto, which gave serfs their freedom.
- 1863: By signing a measure, President Abraham Lincoln created the National Academy of the Sciences. Meanwhile, the U.S. Congress begins the organization of the Idaho Territory. Finally, the U.S. Postal Service authorized free mail delivery within city limits.
- 1865: To help destitute Southern blacks, the Congress creates the Freedman’s Bureau.
- 1873: Congress enacts the Comstock Law, making it illegal to send any “obscene, lewd, or lascivious” books through the mail.
- 1875: The U.S. Congress authorized the 20-cent piece; however, it was in circulation for just three years.
- 1879: Before the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS), the first female lawyer ever to address it does so on this day: Belva Ann Bennett Lockwood.
- 1885: The American Telephone and Telegraph (AT&T) incorporated in New York as a subsidiary of the American Bell Telephone Co. Meanwhile, the U.S. Post Office began offering special delivery for first-class mail.
- 1891: The Congress of the United States creates the U.S. Court of Appeals system.
- 1894: British Prime Minster William Gladstone submitted his resignation to Queen Victoria, ending his fourth and final premiership.
- 1899: George Dewey becomes the first Admiral of the Navy in the U.S.
- 1903: The U.S. imposed a $2 head tax on incoming immigrants. It should be $100,000 by now, 2018. Meanwhile, some unfortunate named Barney Gilmore suffered arrest for spitting in public in the city of St. Louis.
- 1910: J.D. Rockefeller Jr., announced his withdrawal from business to administer his father’s fortune for an “uplift in humanity.” He also appealed to the U.S. Congress for the creation of the Rockefeller Foundation.
- 1913: More than 5,000 suffragists marched down Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, D.C. a day before the presidential inauguration of President Woodrow Wilson.
- 1918: In World War I, Germany, Austro-Hungary, and Russia sign the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk. This ended Russia’s participation in World War I and gave the Germans free rein to absorb as much Russian territory as possible.
- 1920: In the NHL, the Montreal Canadians score a record 16 goals in beating the Quebec Bulldogs.
- 1923: Time Magazine, founded by Briton Hadden and Henry R. Luce, made its debut.
- 1931: The “Star-Spangled Banner” became the national anthem of the United States as President Herbert Hoover signed a congressional resolution. People originally knew the song as “Defense of Ft. McHenry.”
- 1934: Bank robber John Dillinger breaks out of a jail using nothing more than a hand-carved wooden gun.
- 1939: In Bombay, Ghandi began a fast to protest the state’s autocratic rule.
- 1943: In London’s East End, 173 people died in a crush of bodies at the Bethnal Green tube station, which was being used as a wartime shelter.
- 1945: The Allies fully secured the Philippine capital of Manila from Japanese forces during World War II. They also recapture Corregidor from the Japanese defenders. Elsewhere, Superman encountered Batman and Robin for the first time on the Mutual Broadcasting System.
- 1952: The Supreme Court of the United States upheld New York State’s Feinberg Law that banned Communist teachers in the U.S.—why is no one enforcing this law NOW.
- 1955: Elvis Presley makes his first TV appearance on a broadcast of radio show, “Louisiana Hayride.”
- 1956: Morocco gained its independence from France on this date.
- 1959: The San Francisco Giants had their new stadium officially named Candlestick Park.
- 1966: The famous albeit short-lived rock group, the Buffalo Springfield forms: it consists of Richie Furay, Neil Young, Stephen Stills, Dewey Martin, and Jim Messina.
- 1969: Apollo 9 blasted off from Cape Kennedy on a mission to test the lunar module as it made 151 orbits of the Earth, which took ten days’ time. Meanwhile, Sirhan B. Sirhan testified in a Los Angeles courtroom that he did indeed assassinate Robert F. Kennedy.
- 1974: A Turkish Airlines DC-10 crashed shortly after takeoff from Orly Airport in Paris, killing all 346 people on board it. Elsewhere, in the second round of their heavyweight-boxing match, George Foreman knocks out Ken Norton.
- 1975: In the United States, police bust Linda McCartney for pot possession.
- 1980: The Nautilus, the first nuclear-powered submarine, was decommissioned with the vessel’s final voyage ending on May 26, 1979.
- 1991: In a scene captured on amateur video, Los Angeles police officers beat the living shit out of motorist Rodney King for being high and for having led them on a lengthy pursuit. Elsewhere, 25 people died when a United Airlines Boeing 737-200 crashed while approaching the Colorado Springs Airport.
- 1993: Health pioneer Albert Sabin, developer of the oral polio vaccine, died in Washington, D.C., at age 86.
- 1994: The Mexican government reached a peace agreement with the Chiapas rebel group.
- 1995: A U.N. peacekeeping mission in Somalia sputtered to an end.
- 2003: Israeli troops arrested Hamas cofounder Mohammed Taha in a deadly raid; however, they released him 14 months later.
- 2010: In Becuiba, Iraq, 33 people and more than 50 wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks.
- 2011: The United Nations releases a report showing that world food price is at their highest level in the past 20 years.
- 2012: GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney wins the caucus in Washington State.
- 2013: Doctors pronounce a 2-year old Mississippi girl born with HIV/AIDS, HIV-negative after receiving treatment for the virus within 30 hours after her birth.
- 2014: Researchers discover the world’s largest virus to date in 30,000-year-old Siberian ice; the ancient virus is still able to infect amoebae, its target hosts. Meanwhile, Bill Gates wins the title as the world’s richest person in the Forbes annual ranking, with a total net worth of $76 billion; he outranked last year’s wealthiest person, Carlos Slim, by $4 billion.
- 2015: According to Brainy History, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu speaks to S. Congress on his concerns with current negotiations to limit Iran’s nuclear program, portraying the deal as dangerous; U.S. President Barack Obama dismissed the speech content as ‘nothing new’.
“Until now, NO American president, sitting or former, has ever faced going to prison so let us hope that Mr. Trump submits his resignation in exchange for his freedom before he hits the point of no return” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, Buffalo Springfield, Richie Furay, Neil Young, Stephen Stills, Dewey Martin, Jim Messina, Elvis Presley, Linda McCartney, Just the Facts, C. La Tigre, Political Topics and Essays, Queen, Freddie Mercury, Donald Trump, Michael Cohen, Mark Meadows, Jim Jordan, Elijah Cummings, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlaib, Mike Pence, Richard M. Nixon, Gerald R. Ford, Watergate, Hillary Clinton, Trump Tower- Moscow, Barack Obama, Elvin C. McCardle,
Please join us at the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day, the place where we cover the topics of the day as well as professional food service, Beverly Carrick original artworks, and discussions on music, pop culture, and anything else that comes up over the course of a day!
As always, we thank the good folks at Brainy History for doing the demanding work of compiling historical happenings, dates, and everything else by which at the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day publish a blog that draws readers from all over the world! Thank you and God bless you for doing this particularly important work!
CHEF CHERYL LA TIGRE’S BLOGPOSTS 2011-2019:
- 12-19-2011 M: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part X: Chicken Nishime—an All-Time Hawaiian Favorite made with Konnyaku” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-20-2011 T: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XI: Barbequed Spareribs, Chinese-style with Chinese Rib and Plum Dipping Sauces—Hawaii-Delicious” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-21-2011 W: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XII: Pork Adobo—originally from the Philippines, it’s even better on Oahu” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-22-2011 Th: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XIII: Egg Foo Yung made with Kamaboko—Oriental Omelets are popular in Hawaii” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-23-2011 F: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XIV: Deep-Fried Jumbo Prawns in Panko Breading with Mango-Pineapple Salsa—Latin-Fused Hawaiian Cuisine is simply Amazing” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-24-2011 S: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XV: Baked Opakapaka with Pineapple Hollandaise—Hawaiian and French Cuisines intermingled to create a Taste of Heaven” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-25-2011 Su (Christmas): “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XVI: Pork, Chicken, and Shrimp Hekka—a Traditional Dish That’s Perfect for a Hawaiian Holiday” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 05-28-2012 M: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XVII: Baked Fresh Yelloweye Rockfish with Asian Black Bean Sauce—a Delicious Combination that is Ono-Licious” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 05-29-2012 T: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XVIII: Broiled Fresh Hawaiian Tuna with Cabernet Demi-Glace Sauce and Flash-Fried Maui Onions—the Best of the Mid-Pacific Deep-Sea Fishing Fleets” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 05-30-2012 W: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XIX: Grilled Fresh Onaga with Bay Shrimp and Caramelized Almonds—flaky Fish with Succulent-Sweet Almonds” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 05-31-2012 Th: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XX: Fresh Grilled Hawaiian Swordfish with Orange-Tarragon Relish—one of my All-Time Favorite Dishes” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 06-01-2012 F: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXI: Broiled Mahi-Mahi Teriyaki-style with Grilled Pineapple and Sauteed Langoustines—one of the Best Dishes Hawaii has to Offer” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 06-02-2012 S: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXII: Baked Opakapaka with Pineapple Hollandaise—a Bit Touristy but not the way Chef La Tigre does it!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 06-03-2012 Su: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXIII: Classic Maui Duck—it’s NOT Seafood but it’s the Crème de la Crème of what Hawaii has to offer!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-03-2012 M: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXIV: Chef La Tigre picks up where she left off back in June with a Fabulous Hawaiian Noodle Dish—Pork Chow Fun!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-04-2012 T: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXV: Chef Cheryl has a Treat in Store for all of us Today: Chinese-style BBQ Pork Back Spareribs—marinated and Flame-Broiled to Perfection!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-05-2012 W: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXVI: Today, Chef Cheryl does a Rare Portuguese-Hawaiian Recipe, the Famed Pork-and-Clams, an absolutely Delectable Dish!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-06-2012 Th: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXVII: Chef “Tiger” prepares Lesser-Known Filipino Cuisine Today by serving up an Institutional-Sized Chicken Thighs Adobo!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-07-2012 F: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXVIII: Featured Today is another exciting Hawaiian Recipe—Walnut Chicken! Not only is it Ono-Licious, it’s Flavorful, Crunchy, and quite Beautiful, too!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-08-2012 S: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXIX: Pork and Tofu is on Today’s Menu and everyone is guaranteed to love it, even those who hate Tofu and those who don’t eat Pork!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 12-09-2012 Su: “Hawaiian and Polynesian Recipes, Part XXX: Chef Cheryl saved the Best for Last: Hawaiian Apricot Pork—tantalizingly Succulent, amazingly Tender, and a Breeze to Make!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-12-2013 M: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CI: for the First Time, Chef Cheryl gets a Crack at the Quick Breads/Muffins Recipes Category and begins her Week by doing a Recipe for Golden Raisin Scones—what a Treat!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-13-2013 T: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CII: Chef Cheryl presents another Scone Recipe, this one a Delicious Mission Fig Scone—too Exotic for the Islands but just right for the Mainland!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-14-2013 W: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CIII: Today, Chef Cheryl switches Gears to the Muffin Department and presents something one does NOT normally associate with the Islands: Persimmon Muffins!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-15-2013 Th: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CIV: Chef Cheryl talks about Medicinal Pot and then presents her ‘Da Kine’ Recipe for Pear-Currant Muffins—outasite!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-16-2013 F: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CV: The 105th Installment of the AICP-END is a Great One as it features a Great Papaya Muffin Recipe plus a lot of Talk about trolling the Dives of Bakersfield, California!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-17-2013 S: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CVI: Our Hawaiian Chef presents another Tropical Fruit Bakery Item: Mango Quick Bread—as Ono as it gets!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 08-18-2013 Su: “Classic Quick Breads and Muffins, Part CVII: Who would ever have expected this from Chef Cheryl? Quick Peanut-Butter Bread, totally unique and a pleasure to eat!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-21-2014 M: “Political Topics and Essays, Part Ninety-Nine: Chef Cheryl makes it known that this Week, she is going to Defend both the Obama Administration and the Democrat Party and that the GOP needs to help the Dems in fixing Obamacare, not repealing and replacing it!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-22-2014 T: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred: Chef Cheryl begins the Breakdown of U.S. Senate Races on Both Sides of the Aisle—who is going, who to keep, it’s Informative so come on along and Join us today!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-23-2014 W: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-One: Cheryl veers off into the Cliven Bundy Drama in Nevada, HOW Senator Harry Reid seems to have forgotten that Mormons do no WRONG to One Another, and that maybe the Time has come for the Aged Senator to Retire from Office; then, more Democrat Senators at Risk!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-24-2014 Th: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-Two: Today’s Topic is MORE Democrat Senators at Risk of being voted out of Office, WHO we can save, WHO need our Help and need it as Soon as Possible and One WHO needs to stay Home and keep Quiet—Kathleen Sebelius—do NOT run for a Senate Seat!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-25-2014 F: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-Three: The Discussion continues about Vulnerable Senate Democrats, what they need to do to Stay Afloat in Tough Times, and then Ends with a Discussion of the Paniolo, the Hawaiian Cowboy—who’d a thought?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-26-2014 S: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-Four: We conclude our Discussion of Democrat Senators at Risk, but also discuss Possible Challenges to Hillary by Senators Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren and how it might help our Side come 2016!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-27-2014 Su: “Political Topics and Essays, Part One Hundred-and-Five: Cheryl wraps up the Week by exhorting the Democrat Party to stand Strong in the Face of oncoming Electoral Disaster, supports more Democrats like West Virginia’s Joe Manchin, and finishes with the Keystone XL Pipeline from Canada to the U.S.” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-20-2015 M: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXXXVIII: Cheryl’s First Day commences with some Local Talk on Hawaiian Liberalism, on Hillary entering the Race, and who might have to take Her Place should the Republicans destroy her” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-21-2015 T: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXXXIX: Cheryl discusses the Hawaii Marriage Equality Act of 2013, one that protects Religious Rights as well as the Rights of the LGBT Community in the Islands—it works REALLY well, people!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-22-2015 W: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXL: Cheryl returns to discussing the Presidential Race of 2016 by saying there are Reverse Similarities to what we saw in 2008—Hillary is the Old Lion while some in the GOP such as Marco Rubio is the YOUNG Tiger” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-23-2015 Th: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXLI: Cheryl discusses the Lifestyle, the Crime Rates, Places in which, one should not live or should pass through quickly today on Aloha Hump Day Thursday” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-24-2015 F: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXLII: Cheryl discusses the Trials, Tribulations, and Successes of Hawaii as it embraces the 21st Century while lamenting the ongoing Destruction of California by those elected to protect its Citizens, Farms, Industries, and Businesses” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-25-2015 S: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXLIII: Cheryl discusses the Relative Safety of living in the Middle of the Pacific Ocean although currently of Global Instability, Nuclear Arms, and Terrorism, nothing is a given” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 04-26-2015 Su: “Political Topics and Essays, Part CDXLIV: Cheryl closes the Week by discussing Music the Blog promotes as well as Music Hawaiians love such as “IZ”, how we miss him, and then the Hippie Invasion of 1969” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
- 02-08-2016 M: “Thankfully, Super Bowl 50 is in the Books, not only did it not live up to the Hype, it was Boring, and the Half Time Show needs to go—but I do expect to see Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers back NEXT Year” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Miscellaneous Articles Index, Part XXVIII
- 02-09-2016 T: “WHY would Hillary employ Bill, Madeleine Albright, and Gloria Steinem—Three Old and Jaded Characters from our Party’s Past—to go out and attack Bernie Sanders by insulting Women and telling them they have a Special Place in Hell?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLX
- 02-10-2016 W: “The Results of New Hampshire are in and we have Bernie at the Top and on the other Side, Democrat in Elephant Clothing Donald Trump and Squishy John Kasich (a Lolo who will work with US)—we are looking VERY Good” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXI
- 02-11-2016 Th: “Whatever you say, Bernie Sanders is the ONLY Candidate who can lead our Nation Forward, Protect the Accomplishments of President Obama, and rally People of all Types around his Standard—let’s help him!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXII
- 02-12-2016 F: “The Sixth Democrat Debate of the 2016 Election Cycle was a bit more subdued than Previous Ones and BOTH Candidates worked hard to get their Points across without Explosive Interactions—GREAT Debate! Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXIII
- 02-13-2016 S: “Cherry expects some REAL MMA-Style Brawling tonight on the GOP Debate Stage and hopes that One-by-One they knock One Another out of the running and open the Doors WIDE for Bernie Sanders” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXIV
- 02-14-2016 Su: “We must demand of our Elected Leaders at ALL Levels to make sure that we DEFEND President Obama’s RIGHT to put another Nominee on the Supreme Court before leaving Office—we must replace Justice Scalia with a LIBERAL” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCLXV
- 08-08-2016 M: “I am not as Ideological as are many of my Fellow Hawaiian Democrats because correcting the Balance of Trade, promoting National Defense, and putting unemployed Americans back to Work are more important than voting for someone solely with a ‘D’ by his or her Name” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXIX
- 08-09-2016 T: “I once hoped for either a Bernie Sanders OR Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren Ticket but now, Donald Trump is the only one for whom I will vote in November—here is WHY” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXX
- 08-10-2016 W: “The World is Full of Many Threats and having someone as President who repeatedly has placed our Nation at Risk in the White House is NOT someone for whom I or anyone else should vote—I am voting for Donald Trump!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXI
- 08-11-2016 Th: “I base MY Vote in the 2016 Election on TWO Things—who is going to fix the Economy and who is going to Win the War against the Islamic Jihadists—Donald Trump and NOT Hillary!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXII
- 08-12-2016 F: “As a Mormon, I am surprised at how the Leadership of MY Church can view Donald Trump as a ‘Problem’ more so than seeing that Hillary Clinton is TRULY Dangerous and would do the Work of the Devil should she win the White House” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXIII
- 08-13-2016 S: “Any Democrat who says we must hand over our Guns is a Crazy Democrat and NOT Someone for whom I can vote; however, Donald Trump will be the NUMBER ONE Defender of both the Constitution and the Bill of Rights” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXIV
- 08-14-2016 Su: “The Olympics should prove to EVERYONE that ONLY here in America can People of all Races, Ethnicities, Religions, and Economic Backgrounds can achieve the unachievable and to beat the World—GO Team!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part DCCCXXV
- 03-06-2017 M: “Let me tell you why, I, a lifelong Democrat, voted for Donald Trump on November 8 and will also share five major points the Dems must do if we are to remain a national party and not a limited one” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXIV
- 03-07-2017 T: “Message to Google Blogger—if you do not like our two blogs, shut them down; otherwise, get the hell out of the way and allow us to soar to new and greater heights” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXV
- 03-08-2017 W: “A further plea to Google Blogger to stop with the discrimination, it is not up to you or to any other Web host to prevent blogs that pay for services to go unseen because you do not like them!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXVI
- 03-09-2017 Th: “After appealing to Google Blogger to either get out of the way or to shut us down, Cherry discusses why we need to repeal and replace Obamacare—from a Democrat’s Viewpoint” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXVII
- 03-10-2017 F: “Instead of freeing us from the onerous Obamacare mess, we now will have to contend with Trump Care—President Trump, keep your word and let things go back to the way they were in the 1980s and before” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXVIII
- 03-11-2017 S: “The Russians did NOT do it, the CIA did it by using its Umbrage program to snoop on us through our smart devices, which means that Obama did tap Trump Tower—yikes!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXIX
- 03-12-2017 Su: “Hawaii will fight the Trump ‘Travel Ban,’ which makes no sense to me—WHY do we have to continue allowing Muslims to enter the Country willy-nilly?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MXX
- 08-28-2017 M: “Lalo and I love coming to California as it allows us to hit the casinos as well as sit near ringside to see local girl Raquel Pa’aluhi take on Yana Kunitskaya at the Tachi Hotel Palace and Casino” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Miscellaneous Articles Index, Part L
- 08-29-2017 T: “Donald Trump is not a Republican, which is WHY as a Democrat, I voted for him over Hillary Rodham Clinton, a known crook and liar” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCLXXXVIII
- 08-30-2017 W: “If we do not expunge the sports records of O. J. Simpson, Pete Rose, and Aaron Hernandez, then so should we not those who fought for the Confederacy in the Civil War” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCLXXXIX
- 08-31-2017 Th: “Why the LGBTQ community only pursues devout Christian bakers is beyond me and here in Bakersfield, they have a new target: Tastries Bakery” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCXC
- 09-01-2017 F: “Unlike other race-based, ethnic, religious, or all three minorities, most people view homosexuality as a lifestyle choice and not as something God instills in you while in the womb” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCXCI
- 09-02-2017 S: “Coming to California ALWAYS makes me feel better about my home state because government here is crazy—using the incorrect pronoun can soon land one in prison if they misaddress a transgender person” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCXCII
- 09-03-2017 Su: “Mexico City seeks a bill banning President Trump from coming to their city and maybe their country, too; can we pass a bill banning ALL Mexicans from coming here—unless we send for them?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCXCIII
- 03-05-2018 M: “Although we did not vote on it, Hawaii seems to be becoming a sanctuary state, which is not what most citizens want—send more ICE agents, Mr. Trump!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXX
- 03-06-2018 T: “Way behind the times, I know, Lalo and I watched Dinesh D’ Souza’s recent film, ‘2016: Hillary’s America,’ and I must say—it left a mark” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXI
- 03-07-2018 W: “Although months away, Hawaii is gearing up for its primary elections and it is interesting to note that Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard has some challengers—from her left” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXII
- 03-08-2018 Th: “Reading “Dear Leader” by Michael Malice has given me new perspective when it comes to viewing North Korea and is a book everyone should read if you would care for the same understanding” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXIII
- 03-09-2018 F: “Bush #43 made the world a far worse place, especially when he made the horrendous decision to invade Iraq on a mere pretext of them possessing WMDs; let’s try something different with NOKO like…dialogue” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXIV
- 03-10-2018 S: “California now a slave, uh, I mean, sanctuary state, I expected to see Governor Jerry Brown and AG Xavier Becerra break out the Stars and Bars while dancing to the tune of Dixie” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXV
- 03-11-2018 Su: “Will it take a violent crime befalling one of their own family members before California Democrats awaken to the danger of unchecked illegal immigration?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MCCCLXXVI
- 08-27-2018 M: “The recent results of the Hawaiian Mid-Term Primary Elections demonstrate it is going to be another solid year for Democrats- at least here” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLIV
- 08-28-2018 T: “Not every liberal Democrat POC believes in sanctuary cities, states, and illegal alien criminals living among us- build the wall, virtual if need be” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLV
- 08-29-2018 W: “With the death of John McCain, our elected leaders can momentarily set aside politics before returning to the slash-and-burn strategy that offends so many of us” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLVI
- 08-30-2018 Th: “Mr. President, treaties be damned, build the Space Force and build it now lest our enemies get the jump on us and blackmail us through intimidation” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLVII
- 08-31-2018 F: “If Gavin Newsom becomes the governor of California in November, say ‘farewell’ to the state as it will mean FREE HEALTH CARE for all illegal aliens” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLVIII
- 09-01-2018 S: “Modern liberalism differs from classic liberalism as the difference between day and night and if the Democratic Party is to survive, we need to reclaim it following the massive election losses this November” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDXLIX
- 09-02-2018 Su: “A better economy, lower taxes, and a newfound hope for the country once again is reason enough to vote for the Republicans in November and not for the Democratic-Socialists” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDL
- 02-25-2019 M: “Although the Green New Deal is exciting, bold, and new, implementing it here in Hawaii within ten years would cripple our state” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXVI
- 02-26-2019 T: “To save the country and the planet, the American people must first regain control of the educational system because teaching kids their planet is going to end in ten-twelve years is beyond the pale” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXVII
- 02-27-2019 W: “What is it about the word, FREE? Somebody has to pay the price tag so me, as a Democrat, am somewhat leery of all Democrats seeking the 2020 nomination who want to give away the farm- watch out!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXVIII
- 02-28-2019 Th: “Instead of abortion being- in Bill Clinton’s words- ‘safe, legal, and rare,’ it now seems to be the number one method of ‘birth control,’ especially among Democrats, something I simply cannot support” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXIX
- 03-01-2019 F: “The TV drama, ‘The Passage,’ demonstrates just how far governments are willing to go in the joint names of medical science and of conserving resources, which is why we must fight against infanticide NOW” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXX
- 03-02-2019 S: “The German people did not accept euthanasia at first but as propaganda told them it would conserve resources and redirect them to where they could better serve the people of the country, they gradually embraced what would become the Holocaust” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXXI
- 03-03-2019 Su: “Until now, NO American president, sitting or former, has ever faced going to prison so let us hope that Mr. Trump submits his resignation in exchange for his freedom before he hits the point of no return” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Political Topics and Essays, Part MDCCXXXII
CHEF CHERYL LA TIGRE’S BLOG POSTS AT THE AICP-END 2015-2019:
- 04-22-2015 W: “Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part Thirty-Four: Cheryl becomes the First Author other than Stinkbug to discuss the Majesty of Beverly Carrick, one of the World’s All-Time Great Artists and one YOU should know” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part XLIII
- 02-10-2016 W: “Chef Cheryl returns for her Second Installment at the Blog where we celebrate the Life, Times, Political Views, and other Life Observations of Beverly Carrick—the Greatest American Artist” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part LXXXIV
- 08-10-2016 W: “Hawaii and the Art of Beverly Carrick are Synonymous with One Another just as are the Spectacular Vacation Packages awaiting you here in the Islands—why not come and join us and go on a Culinary Excursion while enjoying some Beautiful Paintings?” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CIX
- 03-08-2017 W: “If you are fortunate enough to be able to see the blog today without interference from Google, then please enjoy the lovely oil paintings we have for you by the stellar Beverly Carrick—amazing!” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CXXXIX
- 08-30-2017 W: “Although Beverly has a large body of work, her paintings are going to be worth millions one day and what is more, we discuss the ‘boner pill,’ Noxitril and why I cannot stand its advertisements” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CLXIV
- 03-07-2018 W: “Beverly Carrick and her library of artworks are perhaps the best-kept secret held by the United States and no, I am not talking about the atomic bomb or the stealth-jet fighter-bomber” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CXCI
- 08-29-2018 W: “Like California, politicians grow wealthier by the day the longer high-speed rail scams continue such as our Honolulu Rail Transit” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CCXVI
- 02-27-2019 W: “Dictatorships take control of education and health care as in doing so, they control both the family from cradle to grave and its young through indoctrinating and instilling them with the party line” by Chef Cheryl La Tigre. Beverly Carrick Paintings Start-to-Finish, Part CCXLII
SUNDAY, MARCH 03, 2019
EDITORIAL STAFF AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
President: Alvin T. Woliztnikistein
Executive Vice President: Stinkbug
Publisher: Roland Carl Davis
Assistant Publisher: Moses Scharbug III
Editor-in-Chief: Edward Fitzgerald Carlton
Assistant and Photographic Editor: Chef Alana Houzenfogel
Mail Room: Jane Lee Tarzana (direct all mail here).
Proofreader: Amos Mosby Caruthers
Amazon.com Liaison: Eleanor Grabski.
Board of Directors: Garfield H. Johnson (Retired), Alvin T. Woliztnikistein, B. H. “BC” Cznystekinki, Elmer K. “the Hooter” Hootenstein, Gervais Krinkelmeier, Goldie “Goldfish” McNamara, James “Jimmy” Hall, James, “JT” Tobiason, Kilgore Randalini, Lilah Paulikovich, Murph MacDougal, and Olaf Bologolo,
WE SUPPORT THE NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION
JUST THE FACTS- WORDPRESS
THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CULINARY POLITICS-ELEMENTAL NEWS OF THE DAY COMMENTARY-OPINION-SPORTS-FOOD SERVICE FOR SUNDAY, MARCH 03, 2019 BY CHEF CHERYL LA TIGRE