AND KEEP HER THAT WAY!
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
SUMMER SESSION 2022
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 87
EVERYONE’S FAVORITE GERMAN CHEF: FRITZ SCHLEPENDRECHT
226. TODAY IN HISTORY—SUNDAY, AUGUST 14, 2022:
National Navajo Code-Talkers Day (Arizona)
U.S. Treasury Secretary Robert B. Andersen; U.S. Secretary of War Peter Buell Porter; Senator Bill Hagerty; Reichsminister of Foreign Affairs Konstantin Von Neurath; Blood, Sweat & Tears featuring Bobby Doyle, Blue Öyster Cult featuring Allen Lanier, the Byrds featuring David Crosby, Chicago featuring Keith Howland, Crosby-Stills-Nash-&-Young featuring Stephen Stills, Sly and the Family Stone featuring Larry Graham, Jr., the Steve Miller Band featuring Ben Sidran, and UFO featuring Pete Way:
- 554 Wednesday: Ravenna becomes the seat of government for the Byzantine Empire in Italy.
- 897 Wednesday: The reign of the 113th Roman Catholic Pope Stephen VI ends on this date. He first became the Vicar of Christ on May 22, 896. His successor- the 114th Roman Catholic Pope Romanus began today. He would continue the work of his predecessor until November 12, 897.
- 1281 Thursday: Kublai Khan’s invasion fleet of the Japanese Islands disappears in a typhoon. This would give rise to the ‘Divine Wind,’ i.e., Kamikaze, that the Imperial Japanese would label their suicide aircraft during World War II. During the battles for Iwo Jima and Okinawa, the Kamikaze would reap a horrible toll on Allied warships and transports.
- 1498 Sunday: Christopher Columbus lands at the mouth of the Orinoco River in Venezuela.
- 1742 Wednesday: In Cesena, Emilia-Romagna, Papal States, future 251st Roman Catholic Pope Pius VII is born Count Barnaba Niccolò Maria Luigi Chiaramonte. He would pontiff on March 14, 1800 and would serve until August 20, 1823.
- 1762 Saturday: An English fleet occupies Havana, Cuba.
- 1773 Saturday: In Salisbury, CT, future 12th U.S. Secretary of War Peter Buell Porter is born. A Democratic-Republican, then a National Republican, and then a Whig, he served under President John Quincy Adams from May 23, 1828, to March 09, 1829.
- 1805 Wednesday: Aboard the USS Constitution, signatories sign a peace treaty between the U.S. and the Muslim overlords of Tunis.
- 1842 Sunday: The Seminole War ends; the Native Americans undergo transport from Florida to west of the Mississippi River. The fifth of the so-called ‘Five Civilized Tribes’- the Cherokee, the Creek, the Chickasaw, the Choctaw, and the Seminoles- lost the fight to maintain their lands and were sent west of the Mississippi to reside with the other four tribes.
- 1848 Monday: The U.S. Congress created the Oregon Territory on this date.
- 1862 Thursday: President Abraham Lincoln receives first group of blacks to confer with an American president at the White House.
- 1873 Thursday: The magazine, “Field and Stream” begins publication.
- 1880 Saturday: The Cologne Cathedral in Cologne, Germany, underwent completion after 632 years of construction.
- 1888 Tuesday: Oliver B. Shallenberger received a patent for the electric meter.
- 1896 Friday: Prospectors discovered gold in Canada’s Yukon Territory. Within the next year, more than 30,000 people flooded the territory to search for gold.
- 1900 Tuesday: Two-thousand U.S. Marines and other European troops land near Beijing, China, to put an end to the Boxer Rebellion. Mobs of howling Chinese attempted to thwart the advance of the relief forces, but the Europeans, Americans, and Japanese sent them shrieking for cover. The rebellion was a failed attempt by the Chinese to drive all foreigners out of their country.
- 1903 Friday: In the 10th round of a scheduled 20-round heavyweight championship title fight, James J. Jeffries scores a TKO on opponent, “Gentleman” Jim Corbett. Besides retaining the heavyweight boxing title of the world, Jeffries record went to 18-0-2 while that of Corbett went to 23-4-5 and drove him into retirement.
- 1908 Friday: A race riot erupted in Springfield, Illinois, as a white mob began setting black-owned homes and businesses on fire; at least two blacks and five whites lost their lives in the violence.
- 1912 Wednesday: 2,500 U.S. Marines invade Nicaragua and remain there until 1925.
- 1917 Tuesday: China declares war on both Germany and Austro-Hungary during World War I.
- 1919 Thursday: About 1 million tons of ice and rock broke off a glacier near Mont Blanc, France, killing nine people in the incident.
- 1935 Wednesday: President Franklin Delano Roosevelt signed the Social Security Act into law. The act created unemployment insurance and pension plans for the elderly.
- 1937 Saturday: The government of China declares war on neighboring Japan who has invaded their country after running amok in Manchuria.
- 1939 Monday: In Houston, Texas, future member of the horn-dominated pop-rock-jazz band, Blood, Sweat & Tears- Bobby Doyle- is born. In 1972, Doyle would provide piano for the group.
- 1941 Thursday: President Franklin Delano Roosevelt and British Prime Minister Winston Churchill issued the Atlantic Charter, a statement of principles that renounced aggression. It did nothing to prevent the United States from entering the war. Elsewhere, David Crosby of the Byrds[i] and Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young[ii] fame was born on this date in Los Angeles, California. Meanwhile, the U.S. Congress appropriated $83 million to build the Pentagon.
- 1943 Saturday: Future keyboardist with the original Steve Miller Band[iii]—Ben Sidran—is born on this date in Chicago, Illinois.
- 1945 Tuesday: U.S. President Harry S. Truman announces V-J Day as the Empire of Japan surrenders unconditionally to end World War II.
- 1946 Wednesday: Future rock bassist with the soul-rock-funk-jazz band, Sly and the Family Stone[iv]—Larry Graham Jr.—is born on this date in Beaumont, Texas.
- 1947 Thursday: Pakistan became independent of British rule.
- 1948 Saturday: The Summer Olympics in London ended; it was the first Olympic Games held since 1936- the ones held in Nazi Germany.
- 1953 Friday: Someone invented the whiffle ball on this date.
- 1956 Tuesday: One of the few Nazi bigwigs to survive World War II- Reichsminister of Foreign Affairs Konstantin Von Neurath- died on this date.
- 1958 Thursday: The Canadian Football League plays its first game: Winnipeg 29, Edmonton 21.
- 1959 Friday: In Gallatin, Tennessee, future Senator Bill Hagerty is born. A future Republican, he would enter the world’s greatest deliberative body on January 03, 2021, representing his home state. Elsewhere, organizers held the first meeting to create the American Football League on this date.
- 1962 Tuesday: Thugs assault a U.S. Postal Service truck making its rounds in Plymouth, Massachusetts, robbing it of more than $1.5 million.
- 1964 Friday: Future rock guitarist with the band, Chicago[v] from 1996-present—Keith Howland—is born on this date in Silver Springs, Maryland.
- 1969 Thursday: British troops went to Northern Ireland to intervene in sectarian violence between Protestants and Catholics.
- 1970 Friday: Stephen Stills of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young[vi] undergo arrest for drug possession.
- 1973 Tuesday: U.S. bombing of Cambodia came to a halt, which denotes the official end to 12 years of combat in Indochina by the United States.
- 1980 Thursday: At the Democratic National Convention in New York City, President Jimmy Carter and Vice President Walter Mondale won renomination for second terms. Elsewhere, workers went on strike at Lenin Shipyard in Gdansk, Poland, in a job action that resulted in creation of the Solidarity labor movement. Elsewhere, actress-model Dorothy Stratton’s estranged husband and manager, Paul Snider shot the 20-year-old to death and then killed himself. Finally, founding members incorporated People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) on this date.
- 1986 Thursday: U.S. officials announced that a U.S. Drug Enforcement agent suffered abduction and that Mexican police interrogated and tortured him.
- 1987 Friday: Mark McGwire of the Oakland Athletics set the record for major league home runs by a rookie when he connected for his 49th home run of the season.
- 1989 Monday: In New York City, N.Y., the former 56th U.S. Treasury Secretary Robert B. Andersen died at age 79. A Republican, he served under President Dwight D. Eisenhower from July 29, 1957, to January 20, 1961.
- 1992 Friday: The United States—for some strange reason—announced that it was going to begin emergency airlifts of food to Somalia. The government announced it was going to do this to stop the prospect of mass starvation, something that would lead to the deplorable “Black Hawk Down” situation under the command of President Bill Clinton. Even worse, it would open the doors to bring Somali ‘refugees’ like the little POS Ilhan Omar whom we would love to send back to her country of her origin.
- 1994 Sunday: French agents in the Sudan captured Ilich Ramirez Sanchez, the terrorist known as Carlos the Jackal.
- 1997 Thursday: A federal judge sentenced an unrepentant Timothy McVeigh to death for the Oklahoma City bombing.
- 2000 Monday: Two onboard torpedoes explode aboard the Russian submarine, the Kursk, which eventually kill all onboard it despite a rescue operation in the Barents Sea.
- 2003 Thursday: A huge blackout hit the northeastern United States and part of Canada; fifty million people lost power. Unexplained to this date, many think it was a hack from Vladimir Putin’s Russia, communist China, or North Korea, possibly Iran.
- 2008 Thursday: President George W. Bush signed consumer-safety legislation that banned lead from children’s toys, imposing the toughest standard in the world.
- 2013 Wednesday: South and North Korea agree to reopen the jointly operated Kaesong Industrial Region. Elsewhere, in New York City, Allen Lanier—founding member of the Boston rock band, Blue Öyster Cult[vii] (1967-1985 / 1987-2007 / 2012)—died from the complications of COPD on this date; he was 67 years old.
- 2014 Thursday: Former Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki has agreed to stop challenging Haider al-Abadi as the new Prime Minister; President Fuad Masum selected al-Abadi for the position earlier this week.
- 2015 Friday: According to Brainy History, the Greek parliament approves a euro bailout package that contains conditions rejected by voters during an earlier referendum; failed confidence in Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras by his Syriza party may now oblige him to call new elections.
- 2016 Sunday: At the Rio De Janeiro Summer Olympics, Jamaica’s Usain Bolt- the famed sprinter- wins the gold medal in the 100-meter sprint in 9.81- which makes him unique among his fellows as the first sprinter to win the medal in the event three times.
- 2017 Monday: Under pressure from right and left, President Donald J. Trump- once again– condemned white supremist groups by names, declaring them to be “repugnant to everything that we hold dear as Americans.” The CEO of Merck, the nation’s third-largest pharmaceutical company, resigned from a federal advisory council, citing Trump’s failure to explicitly condemn white nationalists who marched in Charlottesville, Va. Kenneth Frazier was one of the few African Americans (does it matter what flipping color a CEO is?) to head a Fortune 500 company. In addition to this prick abandoning the president under false pretenses and fake news, so, too, did the CEOs of Intel and Under Armor who also resigned from the American Manufacturing Council later in the day. What a bunch of fricking pussies.
- 2018 Tuesday: According to the United Nations, things have been so bad in the South American Marxist state of Venezuela that more than 2.3 million people have fled the crap-hole country. While it is great that someone has reported this, when is the United Nations going to do what the victors of World War II created it to do, to topple failed nation states and liberate people? WTF! Elsewhere, in Genoa, Italy, the Morandi Bridge collapses which causes the deaths of at least forty-three people as thirty or so cars traversing it plunge into the Polcevera Valley which includes a river, a railway terminal, and other physical landmarks. The disaster also causes six hundred people to become homeless. At least when Benito Mussolini ran Italy, the trains ran on time and the bridges did not collapse- unless they were under a rain of Allied bombs. C’est la vie!
- 2019 Wednesday: In Stockholm, Sweden, American rapper ASAP Rocky receives a suspended sentence for being found guilty of assault on a Swedish citizen. Meanwhile, Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan blasts the government of India for having placed the Indian-controlled region of Kashmir under lockdown following violence caused by…you guessed it…Pakistani Muslims.
- 2020 Friday: California Assemblyman Rob Bonta, D-CA 18th Assembly District, proposes a NEW taxation law on the state’s ultra-wealthy that ‘will raise $7.5 billion for the state’s general fund, will drive the top tax rate from 13.5% to 16.8%. Supposedly, it would affect only those with wealth over $30 million and if the wealthy leave the state and take their money with them, they will STILL have to pay taxes to California on their money for up to 10 years. Assemblyman Bonta swears it will affect only 30,400 California residents but once those people move out of the state before the law- if passed and takes effect- and take their money with them, who will the new taxation rate hit next? Vote this POS out of office in November. Meanwhile, former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith who worked with James Comey and others in the coup to remove Donald Trump from office becomes the first member of the far-leftist cabal to plead guilty in federal court for having lied and for falsifying evidence. He altered emails saying Carter Page was NOT a CIA source when he WAS a CIA source every time, he gave speeches in Russia. Let us hope Mr. Clinesmith becomes the first of many facing prison time. He is another POS.
- 2020 Friday A: President Trump says he is prepared to cut stimulus checks to American families of up to $3,400 per family of four if ONLY the Democrats would come to the table and help him. Meanwhile, polling shows “Pro-China Joe” Biden and his VP nominee Kamala Harris leading the Trump-Pence team by 8 to 10 points depending upon where one looks. Speaking of “Pro-China (or Groping) Joe” Biden, he says ‘Trump has done nothing to staunch the spread of the Chinese Virus, that he would order U.S. industry to produce more PPE gear and would require ALL Americans to wear masks for the next three months whether within or without their homes.
- 2020 Friday B: COVID-19 Statistics for the Planet as a Whole- here are today’s Chi-Com Virus Statistics for the globe: 21,036,943 confirmed cases, UP by 412,627 cases, 761,926 confirmed deaths, UP by 12,505 deaths, and 13,048,978 confirmed recoveries, UP by 217,174 recoveries. Here are the numbers for the United States: 5,353,608 confirmed cases, UP by 29,006 new cases, 169,634 confirmed deaths, UP by 704 new deaths, and 2,698,129 confirmed recoveries, UP by 18,435 new recoveries. (The number of recoveries would be even greater if Blue State governors would report them).
- 2020 Friday C: COVID-19 Statistics in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day employs chef-authors, California, Hawaii, and Washington, here are the stats, Golden State first: 601,075 confirmed cases, UP 7,934 cases, 10,996 confirmed deaths, UP by 188, but as is the norm, NO mention of confirmed recoveries. Next, here are the stats for the Aloha State: 4,312 confirmed cases, UP by 0(according to yesterday) forty confirmed deaths, UP by zero, and 1,716 confirmed recoveries, UP by 0- NO NEW NUMBERS. Finally, in the Ever-Red, uh, we mean, the Evergreen State, here are the stats: 65,339 confirmed cases, UP by 833, 1,653 confirmed deaths, UP by twenty-nine, but like California, the slope-headed governor, Jay Inslee, will not share the number of confirmed recoveries. Shame on these flipping Democrats. THE NUMBERS REMAIN THE SAME FOR WASHINGTON, TOO, NO REPORTING OF NEW NUMBERS.
- 2020 Friday D: Stock Market Closes/Precious and Rare Metals– here are the stats for today’s Stock Market closes: first the DOW Jones Industrial Average, 27,931.02, UP 34.30 points (+0.12%). Next, here are the stats for the NASDAQ: 11,019.30, DOWN 23.20 points (-0.21%). Finally, here are the numbers for the S&P 500: 3,372.85, DOWN 0.58 points (-0.017%). Price of GOLD: $1,953.70 per troy oz., +3.90 (+0.20%) Here is the price of SILVER: $26.54 per troy oz., +0.456 (+1.75%). Price of PLATINUM: $960.80 per troy oz., +1.70 (+0.18%). Here is the price of COPPER: $2.86 per #, +0.0045 (+0.16%). Price of Light Sweet Crude Oil per barrel: $42.23, +0.22 (+0.52%). Today, one dollar U.S. = 6.95 PRC yuan while one dollar U.S. = 0.84 euros.
- 2020 Friday E: The U.S. Department of Defense announces it is going to establish a task force to investigate the numerous UFO sightings that have been ongoing around the world. Although investigators have studied the phenomena before- aka Project Blue Book with dubious answers- it seems much more important now as hundreds of millions of people around the world have seen unidentified aerial vehicles as well as unidentified submerged vehicles. It is extremely important that the American people and the world understand if we are in danger from these otherworldly vehicles. Go for it! Speaking of UFO [viii], bassist Pete Way of the British rock band died at age 69 from complications from an accident.
- 2020 Friday F: A federal appeals court rules that California’s restrictions on large-capacity magazines are unconstitutional which is amazing as all of us who own firearms never handed them over anyway and if anything went out and bought more of them so we would have them on hand when or if that drooling moron Beto O’Rourke comes calling for them. Watch out, boy! Elsewhere, Hezbollah thug leader Hassan Nasrallah suggests that Lebanon and ONLY Lebanon should investigate the massive blast that devastated Beirut on August 04 which is silly as everyone believes the Hezbollah morons are the ones who blew the city’s port up when mountains of ammonium nitrate exploded, killing more than 180 people, vaporizing numerous others, and wounding nearly 4,000 people. If anything, the Lebanese people should string this murderous POS up as he is now trying to blame Israel for his and his followers’ stupidity. Meanwhile, Iran- another culprit in this mishap- says it will restore Beirut’s power free of charge. Allowing them to do it is akin to the chickens inviting the wolf into the hen house.
- 2021 Saturday: COVID-19 Statistics for the Planet as a Whole- 207,523,242 confirmed cases, +566,314, 4,367,066 confirmed deaths, +8,828 and 186,015,838 confirmed recoveries, +440,328. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 37,435,835 confirmed cases, UP 71,135 from yesterday’s reporting, 637,439 confirmed deaths, UP 278, [ix] and 30,144,609 confirmed recoveries, UP 14,517. We genuinely welcome COVID Live Update World Meter for being honest in covering ALL the numbers- God bless them. [x]
- 2021 Saturday A: Joe Biden to Donald J. Trump COVID-19 Deaths– Note: since Joe Biden became president on January 20, 2021, there have been 318,682 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States- mentally deficient old Joe, by the end of the year, you will have tied the total number seen by the Trump administration in a year of the rampaging coronavirus pandemic. Under President Trump’s watch, there were 404,078 fatalities from the Chi-Com Bat Virus. Currently, Joe is shy 85,396 deaths- we brought this number up to date- Joe is going to hit the mark very soon now…
- 2021 Saturday B: COVID-19 Statistics in the four states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Florida, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 4,124,808 confirmed cases, 64,644 confirmed deaths, and 2,188,791 confirmed recoveries. Moving on, here are the numbers for Florida: 2,925,074 confirmed cases, 40,584 confirmed deaths, and 2,312,488 confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 50,355 confirmed cases, 548 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 508,842 confirmed cases, 6,289 confirmed deaths, and 238,596 confirmed recoveries (same numbers). Let us look at one other part of the U.S., Nevada: they have 371,126 confirmed cases, 6,160 confirmed deaths, and 325,218 confirmed recoveries. [xi]
- 2021 Saturday C: Foreign COVID Stats of the Day- now that Mo has moved to Israel, let us look at the statistics there: 934,896 confirmed cases, 6,622 confirmed deaths, and 879,873 confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other country- San Marino, 179th country on the list: 5,194 cases of the virus, 90 confirmed deaths and 5,029 confirmed recoveries. [xii]
- 2021 Saturday D: FRIDAY’S Stock Market Closes/Precious and Rare Metals– DOW Jones Industrial Average: 35,515.38, UP 15.58 points (+0.044%). Next, the NASDAQ: 14,822.90, UP 6.64 points (+0.045%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 4,468.00, UP 7.17 points (+0.16%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $68.03 per barrel, -0.41 (-0.60%). The price of GOLD is $1,781.50 per troy oz., +3.30 (+0.19%) while the price of SILVER is $23.74 per troy ounce, -0.04 (-0.16%). The price of PLATINUM is $1,025.90 per troy oz, -0.10 (-0.01%) while the price of COPPER is $4.36 per pound, -0.03 (-0.72%). [xiii] The price of PALLADIUM is $2,649.58 per troy oz, +25.29 (+0.96%). [xiv] The price of RHODIUM is $19,000.00 per troy oz., 0.00 (0.00%). The price of NEODYMIUM is $780,000.00 per troy oz., 0.00 (0.00%). The price of ALUMINUM is $2,610.25 per troy oz., +35.79 (+1.39%). [xv] Currently, Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000021. As for Chi-Com money, one-dollar U.S. = 6.48 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.85 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 19.86. In Panamanian Balboa, one greenback equals 1.00 and in Papuan New Guinean Kina, a buck equal 3.51 and in Paraguayan Guarani, one dollar equals 6,922.46 of theirs. [xvi]
- 2021 Saturday E: U.S. National Debt AND Gasoline Prices in the Four States in which we have Chef-Authors– Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising by the day and NOTE- these prices are sans TAXES- in California, gasoline prices have risen to $4.404 per gallon, $3.015 in Florida, $4.090 in Hawaii, and $3.893 in Washington state. [xvii] Let us look at one other location- New Hampshire: $3.005. We are going to do something else that could be fun- gasoline prices around the world going from cheapest to highest. The next country on the list has the next lowest gasoline price in the world- Albania: $5.314 per U.S. Gallon.[xviii] Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $28,641,726,427,507 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but frigging TRILLIONS.[xix] Cloward and Piven causing problems like they always do which is not good- those two bastards should have met their ends on the chopping block. As for holders of U.S. debt, after Switzerland, the next largest holder of U.S. debt is Belgium with $253 billion of U.S. national debt (it is important to note that these numbers vary every day with one nation after another jockeying for top position.
- 2021 Saturday F: Joe Biden’s Border Catastrophe I– Trumpets please- today is Day No. 144 for the ‘Border Czar’ “Kooky Kamala” Harris to be in this position of extreme importance. It is also Day No. 50 since her singular visit to the slowest section along the southern border. Not being critical, just pointing it out for the readers. Speaking of the ‘Border Czar,’ RNC Chairperson Ronna McDaniel says that ‘Kooky Kamala’ has ‘done nothing to address the border crisis in weeks.’ Although ‘Kooky’ is not doing her job, California gubernatorial candidate Caitlyn Jenner visited the southern border.
- 2021 Saturday G: Joe Biden’s Border Catastrophe II– One America News shared the updated figures for the illegal alien invasion along the southern border. First, here is the cost of caring for this riffraff for just this day: 693,442,560. Next, here is the cost of caring for the invaders at this point in the year: $247,268,851,712. Can you imagine all this money being spent to bring about one-world government run by the likes of communist countries? Horrifying. Third, here are the numbers of illegals who have poured across the border just this year: 2,534,307. Fourth and final, here is the LOW ESTIMATE for the illegals hiding in the country: 36,534,307. (Sources for One America News Illegal Alien Numbers: Center for Immigration Studies, Department of Homeland Security, Federation for American Immigration Reform, Institute for Defense Analyses, Yale, and MIT). (Note- if you have been reading our work for any time now, you know that back when we created the American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day in 2009, we said THEN the numbers of illegals in the country stood at 35-50 million whereas now, we believe the numbers are closer to 75-100 million. Not good).
- 2021 Saturday H: Illegal Aliens-Invaders-and-‘Refugees’ News– Here are some more stats for the border crisis regarding numbers for the year 2021 so far. First, 888,454 single adults have crossed the border, most of them young males of military age (see the original “Red Dawn” movie starring Patrick Swayze (1984), not the PC 2012 remake if you want to know what damage a tidal wave of illegal aliens could do). Next, here is the number for family units who have crossed the southern border this year: 328,121. Moving on, here are the numbers for unaccompanied children and single minors who have crossed in 2021: 113,791. Here are the numbers for unaccompanied minors for the past four Julys: 2018: 4,406. 2019: 5,846. 2020: 2,509. 2021: 18,962. Finally, a federal judge has ordered the Biden regime to revive- immediately- President Donald J. Trump’s ‘remain in Mexico policy’ for all illegal aliens.
- 2021 Saturday I: Foreign News-Overseas News I– As the Biden regime continues trying to rush American troops BACK into Afghanistan so we can pull them out yet again, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-CA 23rd congressional district, is blasting the Antitrump for the hurried evacuation of Afghanistan, leaving it in the mess that it is, and now for going back into the maelstrom. The United Kingdom is pulling out its embassy staff as we speak. Rep. Michael Waltz, R-FL 6th congressional district says that Joe Biden’s bumbling is going to lead to a ‘resurgence of al-Qaida.’ Speaking of the war in Afghanistan, here are some stats. Cost of the war: 2.26 trillion dollars. Next, cost in U.S. lives: 2,442 and 20,666 wounded. Afghan dead at or around 241,000 and wounded at or around 1,271,000. As Taliban forces continue investing around the perimeter of Kabul, the Afghan president is appealing to the global community for help.
- 2021 Saturday J: COVID-19 Updates and Additional Information I– Newsmax reported today that following the highly unwise 60th birthday bash for the 44th president at his multimillion-dollar mansion on Martha’s Vineyard last week, the island is seeing a huge spike in Wuhan Virus cases. Wow. Barack Hussein Obama is a super-spreader.
- 2021 Saturday K: Health and Medical Alerts– “America’s Governor” Ron DeSantis, R-FL, has announced the creation of a rapid response team to expand monoclonal antibody treatment for COVID-19 for all Floridians. Elsewhere, first responders in Hawaii are suing the state over its onerous vaccine policies for all first responders and medical personnel. In other Chi-Vi-related news, Democrats are floating yet another ‘stick’ in the war to get everyone to undergo the ‘jab’ so they can rake in the big bucks: unvaccinated employees are going to have to pay more for their health insurance, yet another tax slapped on the American people. Here is another one: in California, they are saying that smoke from the wildfires is going to drive up cases of the Xi Jinping Bat Flu as well as deaths. What will they think of next?
- 2021 Saturday L: Joe Biden News I– Everyone should remember that while the Antitrump was campaigning for president, he promised the world that his administration would be the most transparent in the history of the presidency. Some members of the Fake News Media are asking ‘WHY’ they cannot see the visitor logs for Joe Biden’s home in Delaware? He goes there frequently to get his ‘Manchurian Candidate-like mental tune-ups’ so reporters want to know who is visiting him there. Chi-Coms? We do not know. Russians? Possibly. Ukrainians? Highly possible yet flipping Joe Biden will not release the visitor logs and this is the most transparent administration in the history of presidential politics.
- 2021 Saturday M: Political News I– Disheveled, nonagenarian House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi, DS-CA 12th congressional district, has extended the proxy voting to October 2021. Next, a bipartisan group of U.S. senators is asking U.S. Treasury to investigate JBS- the meat-packing conglomerate- for corruption and criminal practices. Next, a federal judge tosses the lawsuit against FOX News Channel that disgraced POS attorney Michael Avenatti launched against them.
- 2021 Saturday N: Political News II– In other political news of the day, former Republican governor of New York George Pataki says that ‘New York is corrupted by arrogance of power.’ In other news, famed legal scholar and professor Dr. Alan Dershowitz says that ‘IF Attorney General Leticia James runs for governor, she is going to face loads of ethics woes.’
- 2021 Saturday O: Business News– Dodge is recalling 263,000 Ram trucks because of airbag problems. The auto maker will fix the problems at no charge to the customers.
- 2021 Saturday P: Crime and Punishment News-Law Enforcement News I– After trashing the entertainer’s life, attorneys for Bill Cosby announce that they plan on FULLY VINDICATING him via a civil lawsuit.
- 2021 Saturday Q: California State News– Sacramento says that Pacific Gas & Electric- PG&E- will NOT face charges for the Woolsey Fire of 2018. The entity who should face charges for all California wildfires is the Democrat-run state government. They abrogate their duty at maintaining the forests properly just as they fail to maintain and/or create new water infrastructure. Every wildfire in the state rests solely upon the shoulders of the California Democratic Party. Speaking of wildfires, the largest wildfire in the history of the state- the Dixie Fire- continues to rage across northern California. God, please send some rain! In other Golden State news, gubernatorial candidate Larry Elder says that IF he wins election, he is going to repeal all mask and vaccine mandates before breakfast. Fellow gubernatorial candidate Caitlyn Jenner says that IF she wins the governor’s mansion, she will use state money to complete the California portion of the border wall.
- 2021 Saturday R: California Lottery Results-Super Lotto and Powerball Draws– First, here are the results for Super Lotto Draw #3586 what with a $8 million jackpot on the line for some lucky winner. Here are the numbers: 02, 13, 17, 19, 21, and Mega 12. Out of 97,445 winning tickets, the highest winner was ONE person who had FIVE numbers but NO Mega for a prize of $32,171. The winning ticket was sold at ARCO AM/PM in Cathedral City, CA 92234. Next, here are the results for the Powerball Draw #872 with a jackpot of $258 million up for grabs: 06, 21, 49, 65, 67, and Powerball 18. Out of 97,651 winning tickets in California, the highest winner was ONE person who had FOUR numbers plus the Powerball for a prize of $53,536.
- 2021 Saturday S: The Wrap-Up– Here are the stock prices for the BIG FOUR PHARMA companies cranking out vaccines for Uncle Sam: (1) Pfizer: $48.48. (2) Johnson & Johnson: $176.25. (3) BioNTech: $377.32. (4) Moderna: $389.78. To achieve Zen in understanding WHY global leaders are pushing vaccines on their people, follow the money. Every country partnering with a vaccine manufacturer means the country’s leaders invest heavily in the stock of said companies. Just like companies producing weapons, politicians invest heavily in those companies, too, as the market for their products NEVER disappears. [xx] The wonderful thing about vaccines, is that they can try to force them on everyone which means more money in their pockets. What a flipping swindle, and the world needs to wake up to the danger facing it when the ‘sophisticate folks’- like those at Barack’s birthday party- think they can guide us into being subservient slaves. (Note- you can take it a step further- did the various world leaders conspire with the Chi-Coms to release the virus so that they could amass heretofore unseen amounts of wealth while crushing problems in each country? The Chi-Coms and the Dems were able to get Donald Trump out of the White House. The Chi-Coms were able to crush the pro-democracy movement in Hong Kong. Britain has been able to secure more power as has Canada, France, Australia, look at what these people are doing. Let us listen to Rand Paul: they cannot arrest all of us which means the people of the world must demonstrate to their leaders that they are not going to lie down and take it. Let us get Donald Trump back in the White House. NOW. (Beware the military-industrial-pharmaceutical-political complex).
- 2022 Sunday: Friends, it was akin to a lightbulb exploding above my head: the Democrats are NOT bringing millions of illegal alien military-aged males into the United States to affect the vote (maybe in years to come) but to rise up in January 2025 and to then launch an insurrection across our country. The Dems- I used to be one until I AWOKE- KNOW that President Donald J. Trump is going to return to office along with a continuing tidal wave of Republicans and to cause him as much havoc as they can by setting our nation ablaze. Think about it: remember when all those ‘spontaneous marches and demonstrations’ began following the election of 2016? Everyone thought at the time- me included- that they were a ‘grassroots response’ to golden girl, Hillary Rodham Clinton going down in flames. Watching our country burst asunder in the summer of 2020 over a few minor police interactions with minorities and how the left just showed up with everything ready to go and burned down half of the country was the eye-opening event. The Dems will DESTROY our nation any way they can because they hate it when people rise up and throw them out of office just as the Deep State despises losing its slimy grip on power. Friends, this is EVIL which is why I encourage everyone to go to gun shows across the nation and to buy firearms and ammo for the dark days to come. We are going to send these illegal aliens packing back across the border where hopefully, they will topple the corrupt government down there. It couldn’t happen to more deserving people. The Democratic Party is like a cancer on one’s testicles– gnarly. Chef Fritz Schlependrecht.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0922 a 20” x 24” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Saguaro Sunset.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclee, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” For more than 60 years- up until her untimely death from cancer in 2012- Bev stood before the easel and painted for 10-12 hours per day. Known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks, her paintings are in demand as much today as they were 30 years ago. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her website NOW and view her stunning body of work, one the Chi-Coms have long tried to copy and sell facsimiles of but which none of them have ever been able to reproduce well enough to fool novice art buyers. Once there, it is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor- virtually anyone. You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there as quickly as your fingers can tap the letters on your keyboard. The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day, aka the AICPENDBLOG.COM, thanks each and every one of you, our beloved, loyal fan base. DON’T buy any counterfeit bull crap coming out of mainland communist China, especially from Xinjiang Province, ground zero for Chi-Com National Socialism.
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
The Beach Boys went on the road to celebrate their 50th anniversary in 2012 and then released a glorious live album to commemorate the celebration. “Live- the 50th Anniversary Tour” came out on May 21, 2013, and featured the reconfigured band- Brian Wilson (vocals, keyboards, guitars, bass), Mike Love (vocals, percussion), Alan Jardine (guitars, vocals), Bruce Johnston (vocals, keyboards, bass), David Marks (lead guitar, vocals), as well as a pair of archival recordings included in the shows, one featuring Dennis Wilson and the other, Carl Wilson, on “Forever” and “God Only Knows” respectively. The band was supported by their touring members and given the fact that the tour was 50 years on from their seminal beginnings, the album seethes with energy. We hope you will seek this album out by visiting your favorite site for the absolute best in music- heck, you might even find it at your local library as several of us did- can’t hurt to save a few bucks, now can it? Ah, well, seek it out and add it to your collection- you will be glad you did.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 08-14-2022, all rights reserved. (Editor’s Note: we pay the estate of Beverly Carrick an annual fee by which, we can show her paintings to the world. We make NO money from the estate’s sales of her world-famous artworks). Total Word Count: 6,363. Chef Fritz Schlependrecht.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Beverly Carrick California Seascapes, Just the Facts, Unvarnished Truth- The, American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day, Business News, COVID-19 Statistics, COVID-19 Statistics for the Planet as a Whole, COVID-19 Updates and Additional Information I, COVID-19 Updates and Additional Information II, California Lottery Results-Super Lotto and Powerball Draws, California State News, Crime and Punishment News-Law Enforcement News I, Foreign COVID Stats of the Day, Foreign News-Overseas News I, Health and Medical Alerts, Joe Biden’s Border Catastrophe I, Joe Biden’s Border Catastrophe II, Joe Biden News I, Joe Biden to Donald J. Trump COVID-19 Deaths, Political News I, Political News II, Stock Market Closes/Precious and Rare Metals, U.S. National Debt and Gasoline Prices in the Four States in which we have Chef-Authors, The Wrap-Up, Bobby Doyle, Blood-Sweat-and-Tears, Blue Öyster Cult, Allen Lanier, The Byrds, David Crosby, Chicago, Keith Howland, Sly and the Family Stone, Larry Graham, Jr., The Steve Miller Band, Ben Sidran, Stephen Stills, Crosby-Stills-Nash-and Young, UFO, Pete Way, Waysted, U.S. Secretary of War Peter Buell Porter, Fake News Media, Fox News Channel, ‘Border Czar’ “Kooky Kamala” Harris, Joe Biden, U.S. House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi, Attorney General Leticia James, Dr. Alan Dershowitz, Bill Cosby, Michael Avenatti, President Dwight D. Eisenhower, U.S. Treasury Secretary Robert B. Andersen, “America’s Governor” Ron DeSantis, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, Governor George Pataki, Rep. Michael Waltz, Larry Elder, Caitlyn Jenner, Afghanistan, Reichsminister of Foreign Affairs Konstantin Von Neurath,, Nazi Germany, Communist China, People’s Republic of China, Chi-Coms- the, Taliban, “Red Dawn” (1984), “Manchurian Candidate” (1962), Illegal Alien Shadow Invasion, Illegal Aliens, Illegal Immigration, Illegal Alien Undeclared War on the U.S., Mexican Drug Cartels, Illegal Alien Invasion, Illegal Alien Tsunami, Illegal Alien Tidal Wave, Illegal Alien Caravans, Joe Biden’s Open Borders Policies, Build the Wall and Deport Them All, Replacement Theory, Illegal Alien overrunning of America, Communist China’s ‘Opium War’ on the United States, COVID-19, Chi-Vi- the, The ‘VID, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, China Virus, China Virus Crisis, Yellow Fever 2019-2021, Communist China Condition, Kung Flu- The, Wuhan Waltz- The, BIG C-19- The, Wuhan Whoopie- The, COVID-19 Mandates, Pelosi Pox- The, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Hubei Hooey- The, Xi Jinping’s Bat Fu Yuk, Communist Killer Virus 2019-2021 and Onward, Chairman Xi’s Fever, Chairman Xi’s Gift to the World- the Chi-Vi, COVID-19- the Trump Whacker, COVID-19- the Hong Kong Democracy Movement Killer, California COVID-19 Cases, Florida COVID-19 Cases, Hawaii COVID-19 Cases, Washington COVID-19 Cases, Nevada COVID-19 Cases, Israeli COVID-19 Cases, San Marino COVID-19 Cases, U.S. National Debt, Holders of U.S. National Debt, U.S. National Debt Clock, National Security Matters, DOW Jones Industrial Average, NASDAQ, S & P 500, Nikkei 225 Index, Deutsche Boerse DAX Index, Shanghai Composite SE Index, S & P BSE Sensex Index, COVID-19 World Health Meter Statistics, U.S. Stock Markets, U.S. National Debt, National Security Issues, U.S. National Gasoline Prices, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper, Palladium, Rhodium, Neodymium, Aluminum, Precious and Rare Metals, Light Sweet Crude Oil, U.S. Monetary Conversions, Monetary Conversions of the Day, Bitcoin, Chinese Yuan, European Union Euros, Mexican Pesos, Russian Rubles, Panamanian Balboa, Papuan New Guinean Kina, Paraguayan Guarani, New Hampshire Gas Prices, Global Petrol Prices, Albanian Petrol Price, California Lottery, California Lottery Results, Super Lotto, Super Lotto Draw #3586, Powerball, Powerball #872, Pfizer, Moderna, BioNTech, Johnson & Johnson, Roman Catholic Church, Pope Stephen VI, Pope Romanus, Pope Pius VII, Professional Sports, Major League Baseball, Mark McGwire, Oakland Athletics, Oakland A’s, Professional Boxing, James J. Jeffries, “Gentleman Jim” Corbett, 2016 Rio De Janeiro Summer Olympics, Brian Wilson, Carl Wilson, Dennis Wilson, Mike Love, Alan Jardine, Bruce Johnston, David Marks, Chef Fritz Schlependrecht,
[i] We offered the music of the Byrds beginning on Monday, 16-January-2012 and concluded the presentation on Friday, 17-February-2012. Sadly, we were shortsighted at the time that we did not present the various members’ solo projects but one day, we hope to rectify that error.
[ii] When we promoted the music of the Byrds and then Buffalo Springfield, had we been more perceptive at the time as to how we would combined integrated musical groups and performers, we should have done the music of Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young, as well as each artist’s solo catalog as well as that of the various members of the Byrds. We look forward to correcting that mistake at some point in the next 3-5 years so please remain alert for that day. You will be glad you did.
[iii] We began promoting the music of the Steve Miller Band beginning on Wednesday, 27-July-2011 through Wednesday, 24-August-2011 and then did a second stint on Sunday, 20-April-2014. We hope you will check the music of this amazing San Francisco, California, acid-rock blues band.
[iv] We hope to present the music of Sly & the Family Stone within the next decade or so. Please stay tuned for further information.
[v] We will present the music of Chicago- and its various members’ solo careers- sometime in 2030 so we hope you will remain with us until then.
[vi] See earlier footnote.
[vii] We are not sure when we will begin offering the music of Blue Öyster Cult but expect it will be sometime in 2025-2026 so please stay tuned.
[viii] We began promoting the music of the legendary British rock band UFO as well as its various side projects including music by the Michael Schenker Group, Phil Mogg, Pete Way, Waysted, and a few other iterations of the group beginning on Monday, January 11, 2021, through Sunday, May 02, 2021, at the AICPENDBLOG.COM.
[ix] Bing seems to be covering numbers up for the Biden administration so here is where we have gone now: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[xii] We obtain our statistics for the coronavirus from: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[xiii] Commodities – Oil, Silver and Gold Prices – CNN Business– see this site for daily commodity information.
[xiv] Palladium PRICE Today | Palladium Spot Price Chart | Live Price of Palladium per Ounce | Markets Insider (businessinsider.com) See this site for daily trading in palladium.
[xv] Commodities Prices – Spot – Futures (tradingeconomics.com) See this site for much of the economic information cobbled together at this blog.
[xviii] Please see the following site for information on global gas prices: Gasoline prices around the world, 26-Apr-2021 | GlobalPetrolPrices.com
[xix] U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.
[xx] Weapons are not popular whereas vaccines are. However, we mostly agree that if we were to look into investments of every politician, either they- or members of their families or straw buyers- are invested in weapons stocks. They just don’t talk about it. Investing in companies producing ‘life-saving vaccines’ however looks good and makes big bucks just like investing in green energy companies. Anyone recall how the Democrats got wealthy off Solyndra before the company tanked and the regular folks lost their life savings? It is what it is so let’s awaken, smell the danger circling around us and do something about it. They cannot imprison all of us.