TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
SPRING SESSION 2022
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 206
117. TODAY IN HISTORY—WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27, 2022:
Administrative Professionals Day
President Ulysses S. Grant; U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Stephen G. Breyer; U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Julius Sterling Morton; U.S. Attorneys General Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch; U.S. Secretary of State John Sherman; U.S. Senator Cory Booker; WBA Heavyweight Boxing Champion Greg Page; Badfinger featuring Pete Ham, Charlie Watts-Jim Keltner Project, King Crimson featuring Gordon Haskell, and KISS featuring Ace Frehley:
- 1296 Friday: Edward I of England defeats the Scots fighting for independence at the Battle of Dunbar.
- 1509 Tuesday: The 216th Roman Catholic Pope Julius II excommunicates the Italian state of Venice from the church.
- 1521 Wednesday: Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan met his end at the hands of angry Filipinos.
- 1565 Tuesday: Cebu City, the first Spanish city in the Philippines, forms.
- 1605 Wednesday: After 26 days, the reign of the 232nd Roman Catholic Pope Leo XI ends. He first picked up his Holy Cross on April 01, 1605.
- 1773 Tuesday: The British Parliament passes the Tea Act, one of the things that would set the colonists of New England and the North American Colonies off; this would begin the road to the start of hostilities culminating in the Revolutionary War.
- 1777 Sunday: The only land battle in Connecticut during the Revolutionary War, the Battle of Ridgefield, took place, resulting in a limited British victory.
- 1805 Saturday: During the First Barbary War, an American-led force of Marines and mercenaries captured the city of Derna, on the shores of Tripoli.
- 1813 Tuesday: The Battle of York took place in Upper Canada during the War of 1812 as a U.S. force defeated the British garrison in present-day Toronto before withdrawing.
- 1822 Saturday: The 18th President of the United States, Ulysses S. Grant, was born in Point Pleasant, Ohio, on this date. He would serve as commander-in-chief from March 04, 1869, to March 04, 1877.
- 1848 Thursday: France frees the last slaves in its colonies worldwide.
- 1857 Monday: Austria prohibits the Jews from establishing further congregations in the southern part of the country.
- 1861 Saturday: After Virginia secedes from the United States, West Virginia secedes from its parent state. Meanwhile, President Abraham Lincoln suspends the right of habeas corpus.
- 1865 Thursday: The steamer Sultana exploded on the Mississippi River near Memphis, Tennessee, killing more than 1,400 people, mostly freed Union prisoners of war.
- 1880 Tuesday: Francis Clarke and M.G. Foster patented the electrical hearing aid.
- 1897 Tuesday: The federal government dedicates President Ulysses S. Grant’s Tomb.
- 1898 Wednesday: The 35th U.S. Secretary of State John Sherman, a Republican, left office on this date. He served under President William McKinley from March 06, 1897, until today.
- 1902 Sunday: In Lake Forest, Illinois, the former 3rd U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Julius Sterling Morton died at age 70. A Democrat, Secretary Morton served under President Grover Cleveland from March 07, 1893, to March 05, 1897.
- 1909 Tuesday: The reign of the 34th Ottoman Turkish Sultan Abdul Hamid II ends on this date. He first became caliph of all Islam on August 31, 1876, and guided the Faithful from that date until today. His successor- Mehmed V- began his reign on this date and would guide his nation through almost all of World War I until his date ended on July 27, 1909.
- 1915 Tuesday: During World War I, Ottoman Turkish forces under the command of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk launch a counterattack against Allied forces.
- 1937 Tuesday: The U.S. Social Security Administration makes its debut payments of benefits.
- 1938 Wednesday: King Zog I of Albania married Countess Geraldine Apponyi de Nagy-Apponyl. She was the first American woman to become a queen. Elsewhere, a colored baseball appeared in a baseball game. A game between Columbia and Fordham universities in New York City used a yellow baseball.
- 1940 Saturday: SS Chief Heinrich Himmler orders the construction of the Auschwitz Concentration Camp to begin, the destination for millions of Europe’s Jews and others designated unfit for habitation in Nazi-occupied Europe.
- 1941 Sunday: German forces occupied Athens during World War II. German motorized units, armor, and infantry marched through the streets to throngs of silent people standing on each side of the street. Not since the Ottoman Turks has anything as appalling as this happened to the brave Greek people.
- 1942 Monday: Famed session rock drummer, Jim Keltner, is born in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on this date. Elsewhere, Canada orders conscription of military-aged males for overseas during World War II.
- 1943 Tuesday: The Soviet Union breaks off contact with the Free Polish government in Great Britain, intending to put its own Polish leadership in charge of Poland once it’s liberated. In North Africa, the British continue pushing the Germans into a corner in Tunisia from which they cannot extricate themselves.
- 1944 Thursday: Fighting in New Guinea continues with U.S. troops capturing the main airstrip at Hollandia from the Imperial Japanese units defending it.
- 1945 Friday: Italian partisans capture Benito Mussolini and other Italian Fascists to hold for trial for crimes against the Italian people. Elsewhere, in the fight for Berlin, Soviet forces are able to capture the airfield at Tempelhof cutting off any further air escapes by desperate Nazi leaders trying to flee the city. Fighting continues around Spandau and from the north, another Soviet army is battering its way into the city.
- 1946 Saturday: The SS African Star went into service, which became the first ship equipped with radar. Elsewhere, Gordon Haskell—future guitarist/vocalist with King Crimson[i]—is born in Verwood, Dorset, England, on this date.
- 1947 Sunday: Pete Ham—future guitarist/vocalist with the British rock band, Badfinger[ii]– is born on this date in Swansea, Wales.
- 1950 Thursday: South Africa passes Group Areas Act, which segregates the races from one another. Meanwhile, Great Britain recognized the state of Israel on this date.
- 1951 Friday: Future KISS[iii] guitarist, Ace Frehley—is born in New York City on this date.
- 1953 Monday: The United States offered $50,000 and political asylum to any Communist pilot that delivered a MIG jet.
- 1954 Tuesday: The monsoon continues to hover over the battlefield at Dien Bien Phu which makes it increasingly difficult to get in supplies to the brave French and allied defenders fighting the good fight to keep French Indochina free. At Isabelle, Colonel André Lalande, the commanding officer of the second largest and most isolated fighting position, instructs his subordinates to select the best men and to head out into the desolation surrounding their positions to stop the communists from digging trenches closer to their position. Legionnaires set out with Algerian troops and find themselves in a heavier fight than anticipated as the enemy had not one but two trenches full of assault infantry. This would lead to the Algerians falling back in disarray which would lead the commanders at Isabelle to consider a modern-day version of decimation. In the end, lesser officers stood by the side of the Algerians and a morale-busting bloodletting was stopped before it could proceed.[iv]
- 1961 Thursday: The National Football Association officially recognizes the NFL Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.
- 1965 Tuesday: R.C. Duncan won a patent for “Pampers.” Elsewhere, broadcast journalist Edward R. Murrow died in Pawling, N.Y., two days after turning 57 years old.
- 1967 Thursday: Canadian Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson officially opened Expo ’67 on today’s date. Meanwhile undefeated heavyweight boxing champion, Rocky Marciano, retires from the sport.
- 1968 Saturday: Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey declared his candidacy for president, less than a month after President Lyndon Baines Johnson said he would not run for re-election.
- 1969 Sunday: In Washington, D.C., future U.S. Senator Cory Booker is born. A future Democrat, he would enter the world’s greatest deliberative body (or so they claim) on October 31, 2013, representing the state of New Jersey.
- 1972 Thursday: Apollo 16 arrives safely back on Earth from exploring the Moon.
- 1973 Friday: Acting FBI Director L. Patrick Gray resigned after the press revealed that he had destroyed files removed from the safe of Watergate conspirator E. Howard Hunt.
- 1975 Sunday: North Vietnamese infantry and armor encircled Saigon on this date. Although panic grips much of the populace of South Vietnam’s capital city, South Vietnamese troops are determined to hold out for as long as they can. Had not the Democrats in the U.S. Congress prevented President Gerald R. Ford from rushing in military supplies so the ARVN troops could fight on equal terms, this humiliating defeat would never have occurred. However, the Democrats being the pro-communist scum they are left the South to its fate. Evil.
- 1978 Thursday: Convicted Watergate defendant John D. Ehrlichman was released from an Arizona prison after serving 18 months. Elsewhere, 51 construction workers plunged to their deaths when a scaffold inside a cooling tower at the Pleasants Power Station site in West Virginia, fell 168 feet to the ground.
- 1982 Tuesday: The trial of John W. Hinckley, Jr., who had shot four people, including President Ronald Wilson Reagan, began in Washington, D.C. The trial ended with Hinckley’s acquittal because of insanity.
- 1983 Wednesday: Nolan Ryan passes the strikeout king, Walter Johnson, by achieving 3,509 career strikeouts in Major League Baseball.
- 1986 Sunday: Soviet Authorities order the evacuation of Pripyat a day after the Chernobyl nuclear accident.
- 1987 Monday: The U.S. Department of Justice prevents Austrian Chancellor Kurt Waldheim from entering the U.S. due to his service to the Nazis during World War II.
- 1992 Monday: The Republic of Serbia and its lone ally, Montenegro proclaimed the new Federal Republic of Yugoslavia in Belgrade and 12 other former Soviet Republics won entry into the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank as Russia collapsed. Betty Boothroyd became the first female Speaker of Britain’s House of Commons.
- 2004 Tuesday: U.S. forces fighting in Iraq kill 64 jihadists in and around Najaf in some fierce fighting as well as take out a piece of antiaircraft artillery.
- 2005 Wednesday: With the U.S. House Ethics Committee evenly divided, on the House floor, a vote of 406-20 rescinds controversial GOP-imposed rules that had taken effect in January and slowed things to a crawl. The Democrats DETEST any kind of ethics investigations unless they are in charge and launch them against their enemies.
- 2006 Thursday: Construction commences on the new Freedom Tower for the new World Trade Center in New York City. In other news, the Chi-Coms never rest in their efforts to subvert other countries and the nation of Nepal is in the midst of a fight with Maoist thugs. However, the rebels agree to a three-month truce with the newly elected government.
- 2007 Friday: The Pentagon announces that the CIA has arrested an al-Qaida thug- Abdul Hadi al-Iraqi- and instead of f**king around with him in the courts sent him straight to Guantanamo Bay. Good riddance. Elsewhere, Chechen rebels in Shatoy get lucky and shoot down a Russian Mi-8 military transport helicopter killing at least 20 Russian soldiers. Doesn’t matter- Putin will get you guys…
- 2008 Sunday: News begins to break about a scumbag named Josef Fritzi in the town of Amstetten, Austria, had a special cellar in his house where he imprisoned his daughter Elisabeth from the age of 18 onward for the next 24 years. He raped her and fathered seven children with her, three girls and four boys. By the time the authorities discovered what this monstrous scumbag had done, he was age 74. The trial was swift, and he received a life sentence. We’re sorry, the Austrian government should have shot this POS.
- 2009 Monday: A 23-month-old Mexico City toddler died at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston, becoming the first swine-flu death on U.S. soil. Meanwhile, a strong earthquake hammered Mexico, rattling nerves among residents already tense from a swine flu outbreak. Elsewhere, former WBA heavyweight champion Greg Page died at home in Louisville, Kentucky, of positional asphyxiation. He was 50 years old. Over the course of his pro-career, he amassed a record of 58 fights, 48 wins (17 Kos), and 1 draw. Finally, one of President Barack Hussein Obama’s Air Force One jets, a Boeing 747, and an F-16 fighter jet panicked New Yorkers as they circled over lower Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty for what turned out to be a photo op. Many people believe this to have been staged, the president committing a heinous practical joke above a city scarred from the 9-11 Attacks eight years before. What a POS.
- 2010 Tuesday: The U.S. Senate investigates the banking firm of Goldman-Sachs due to their making BILLIONS of dollars during the collapse of the housing market.
- 2011 Wednesday: Powerful tornadoes raked the South and Midwest; according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, more than 120 twisters resulted in 316 deaths.
- 2012 Friday: The wives and children of the dead terrorist thug, Osama bin Laden suffer deportation from Pakistan back to their homes in Saudi Arabia. Meanwhile, in the People’s Republic of China, blind dissident Chen Guangcheng escapes house arrest and goes on the lam. The authorities are going nuts and the dragnet is on…
- 2013 Saturday: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Stephen G. Breyer breaks his shoulder on a fall from his bicycle and is taken to the hospital by ambulance. Meanwhile, in Karachi, Pakistan, members of the so-called ‘religion of peace,’ Islam, launch a terror attack killing 10 and injuring at least 25 people.
- 2014 Sunday: The high court in Egypt dishes out some stiff sentences to pro-Mohammed Morsi rioters- 11 of them this time- of anywhere from 5 to 88 years in the slammer for running amok and rioting in the streets.
- 2015 Monday: The 82nd U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder left office on this date. A Democrat, he served under President Barack Hussein Obama from February 03, 2009, until today. His successor, Loretta Lynch- the 83rd U.S. attorney general assumed office today and served until January 20, 2017.
- 2016 Wednesday: Unlike other European countries, Austria says “F— this” by limiting asylum claimants into their country and also reserves the right to reject people at their border. Of course, human rights groups go haywire claiming this is an afront to all humanity. Austria, we’re with you, Germany and Angela Merkel are NOT your friends.
- 2017 Thursday: Julius Younger, American virologist who helped create the Salk polio vaccine dies at age 96 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Meanwhile, President Donald J. Trump softens his stance on NAFTA by saying he ‘seeks to renegotiate it.’
- 2018 Friday: North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un meets with his South Korean counterpart, President Moon Jae-in to ‘end the Korean War and to rid the Korean Peninsula of nuclear weapons.’ Meanwhile, German leader Angela Merkel makes a one-day trip to Washington, D.C., to meet with President Donald J. Trump.
- 2019 Saturday: Our ‘beloved’ Pope Francis, the 266th Roman Catholic pontiff, donates half-a-million bucks to ‘help’ migrants trying to reach the U.S. border via caravan who are stranded in Mexico City. Let them remain there. Meanwhile, a shooter opens fire at a synagogue in Poway, California, managing to slay one and wound three before being taken down himself. God bless the victims.
- 2020 Monday: Thanks to the reopening of some states, the Stock Market has a momentous day. The DOW Jones Industrial Average closes up 358.51 at 24,133.78; the S&P 500 closes up 41.74 at 2,878.48; and the NASDAQ closes up 95.64 at 8,730.16. Excellent. Meanwhile, the Wuhan Virus Crisis, the one the Chinese claim is ‘not theirs but came out of the United States’ continues causing problems. Global statistics show that currently, we have 3,002,303 confirmed cases what with 208,131 confirmed deaths and 878,813 confirmed recoveries. In the United States, we have 1,005,934 confirmed cases what with 56,329 confirmed deaths but 112,913 confirmed recoveries so things are looking good- most places. California’s confirmed cases rest at 44,792 and at 1,755 confirmed deaths. The Chinese continue lying about their numbers. Elsewhere, people continue to speculate about North Korean thug dictator, Kim Jong Un, who has been absent from world view for the past two weeks. Many speculate he contracted COVID-19 and is near or at death whereas others claim he is on a ‘holiday.’ We shall see. Finally, apparent Democratic Party 2020 presidential nominee Joseph R. Biden remains mum on allegations he sexually abused a staffer back in the 1990s when he was a senator. Say it ain’t so, Joe!
- 2021 Tuesday: COVID-19 Statistics for the Planet as a Whole: 148,190,387 confirmed cases, +864,953, 3,126,361 confirmed deaths, +14,155, and 85,879,081 confirmed recoveries, +850,124. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 32,375,602 confirmed cases, UP 55,477 from yesterday’s reporting, 579,162 confirmed deaths, UP 806,[v] and 119,318,872 confirmed recoveries, UP 24,064. Note- we are going to do our own estimates of recoveries based on percentages seeing as how the CDC won’t report them.[vi]
- 2021 Tuesday A: Note: Since Joe Biden Became President On January 20, 2021, there have been 264,711 Chi-Vi deaths in the United States- feeble old Joe, in another four to five weeks, you will have tied the total number witnessed by the Trump administration in nearly a year of the rampaging coronavirus pandemic.
- 2021 Tuesday B: COVID-19 Statistics in the four states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Florida, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 3,735,524 confirmed cases, 61,477 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Moving on, here are the numbers for Florida: 2,217,368 confirmed cases, 34,958 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s count). Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 32,349 confirmed cases, 478 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s count). Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 399,331 confirmed cases, 5,498 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries (same as yesterday’s). Let us look at one other portion of the U.S., South Dakota, the state with a damaged GOP governor: they have 122,228 confirmed cases, 2,663 confirmed deaths, but no mention of confirmed recoveries.[vii]
- 2021 Tuesday C: Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 838,217 confirmed cases, 6,359 confirmed deaths, and 830,088 confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one non-country- Costa Rica, a bastion of freedom in Central America and where some of us might be becoming citizens if the pretender in the White House is not ejected out upon his flat ass: 241,240 cases of the virus, 3,168 confirmed deaths and 201,264 confirmed recoveries.[viii]
- 2021 Tuesday D: Stock Market Closes/Precious And Rare Metals: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 33,984.93, UP 3.36 points (+0.01%). Next, the NASDAQ: 14,090.22, DOWN 48.56 points (-0.34%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 4,186.72, DOWN 0.90 points (-0.91%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $63.09 per barrel, +0.15 (+0.24%). The price of GOLD is $1,771.80 per troy oz., -7.00 (-0.39%) while the price of SILVER is $26.21 per troy ounce, -0.20 (-0.76%). The price of PLATINUM is $1,224.30 per troy oz, -25.20 (-2.02%) while the price of COPPER is $4.46 per pound, -0.03 (-0.06%).[ix] The price of PALLADIUM is $2,920.21 per troy oz, -21.67 (-0.74%).[x] The price of RHODIUM is $28,600.00 per troy oz., -200.00 (-0.69%).[xi] Currently, Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000018. As for Chi-Com money, one-dollar U.S. = 6.48 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.83 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 20.06. In Kuwaiti Dinar, one greenback equals 0.30 and in Lesotho Loti, a buck equals 14.38 and in Liberia Dollar, one dollar equals 171.30 of theirs.[xii]
- 2021 Tuesday E: U.S. National Debt And Gasoline Prices In The Three States In Which We Have Chef-Authors– Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising by the day- in California, gasoline prices have risen to over $3.996 per gallon, $2.791 in Florida, $3.767 in Hawaii, and $3.421 in Washington state.[xiii] Let’s look at one other location- Mississippi: $2.569. We are going to do something else that could be fun- gasoline prices around the world going from cheapest to highest. The first country on the list is the second lowest gasoline price in the world- Iran: $0.227 per U.S. Gallon.[xiv] Good for those Shiite lunatics Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $28,221,266,256,036 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but flipping TRILLIONS.[xv] Cloward and Piven causing problems like they always do.
- 2021 Tuesday F: Joe Biden’s Border Catastrophe– Rep. Brian Babin, R-TX 36th congressional district, upbraids the Biden regime’s plan of dumping tens of millions of dollars on the Northern Triangle countries of Central America in the hope that dumping U.S. dollars on corrupt and sometimes criminal regimes will stop the ongoing flow of illegal aliens to the United States. Speaking of the Biden regime, a new directive prohibits ICE from arresting criminal illegal aliens at courthouses across the country.
- 2021 Tuesday G: Joe Biden Regime News I– The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is going to launch a major investigation into extremists…within its own ranks. Sounding more and more like a communist regime in the making when governmental departments begin looking for enemies within their own ranks. Next, Joe Biden wants to give the Internal Revenue Service $80 billion so they can step up tax collections and enforcement activities against shirkers unwilling to do their duty and pay higher taxes. Of course, Democrats in arrears with the IRS will be entirely fine.[xvi] Moving on, Joe Biden is going to Georgia tomorrow to celebrate his 99th day in office and to blast the GOP. Oh, he also wants to propose FREE PRESCHOOL, yet another way of getting hold of America’s kids and indoctrinating them into believing there are a billion genders. Finally, the Washington Post is going to end its ‘fact-checking’ of the lying Joe Biden. (Note- Fake News strikes again).
- 2021 Tuesday H: Foreign News / Overseas News I– With feeble old Joe Biden in the White House willing to drop to his knees in front of the Iranian mullahs if the murderous thugs will A-L-L-O-W the U.S. back into the flawed nuclear deal, what do the Iranians do? They cause problems for the U.S. Navy in the Persian Gulf, threatening our warships who then had to drive the IRG swift boats away. (Note- we think the U.S. should sink Iran’s entire navy). Meanwhile, as news continues to break about John F. Kerry’s numerous Logan Act violations, there are growing calls for a thorough investigation into the scumbag’s criminal activities. Speaking of Kerry, Senator Marco Rubio, R-FL, says that ‘John F. Kerry’s love of the Iran nuclear deal may have clouded his judgment.’ (Note- nope, Marco- Kerry is a traitor and should be treated as such). His fellow senator, Rick Scott, R-FL, says that ‘IF the Iran allegations are true, John Kerry must leave government employ.’ Amen. Bloomberg journalist Eli Lake says that the ‘Iran talks can do without Russian diplomatic mischief’ (so says a leftist).
- 2021 Tuesday I: Political News I– Nonagenarian House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi is limiting attendance for Joe Biden’s first ‘address’ to a joint session of Congress. What? Is he going to be like, a, uh, hologram? Whatever happens, it’s going to be hysterical. In California, Governor Gavin “The Smiler” Newsom is sniveling and whining about the recall effort going forward against him. He is blaming the GOP when it’s EVERYONE wanting to get his worthless butt out of office. Still, many believe the Democrats are going to pull a fast one and somehow preserve the Smiler’s career by having him (we said this last year when or if “Kooky Kamala” Harris actually became the VP) appoint himself U.S. senator by having Senator Dianne Feinstein step down and him take her place. The other possibility is that he will step down so the lieutenant governor can step in, so the state remains in Democratic Party hands. We shall see.
- 2021 Tuesday J: Political News II– President Donald J. Trump has endorsed Susan Wright for the Texas 6th congressional district. Her husband, Rep. Ron Wright, died from COVID-19 and the 45th president hopes to have his widow take his place. Next, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-GA 14th congressional district, is going to address a “Back the Blue” rally that is upcoming. Speaking of the Peach State, 21 black political leaders are excoriating the Democrats for damaging their state by lying about the new voter law.
- 2021 Tuesday K: COVID-19 Updates And Additional Information– the AMAZING Dr. Tony Fauci makes yet another ‘promise’ to the American people- that the U.S. should see a ‘turning point in several weeks’ if we all do the right thing like wear masks and get the Chi-Vi vaccine. We won’t put any money on that. Next, although the liberals won’t give President Donald J. Trump any credit for the vaccine, they are now demanding he do a public service announcement to get his ‘Neanderthal followers’ to go out and get vaccinations- like good citizens. What a load of crap.
- 2021 Tuesday K: Wokeism / Woke / Wokies– Famed Democratic strategist James Carville says that ‘wokeness is a problem for Democrats’ and that ‘we all know it.’ Next, news comes out that many state-run colleges now require new hires to commit to the promotion of far-left agendas. Wow. We knew this. In other WOKE insanity, the CEO of VisuWell- Sam Johnson- found himself terminated from his job for asking why a foul-mouthed punk at a prom reception was wearing a dress and being a foul-mouthed little shit. What? People cannot say anything anymore. This is what happens when two generations of young people don’t get the belt across their asses. Spare the rod and spoil flipping generations. If kids had been disciplined there would be NO WOKE movement. Finally, Elon Musk is getting lambasted by the WOKIES about him hosting Saturday Night Live sometime next month. WTF? We thought Musk was a ‘cool guy.’[xvii]
- 2021 Tuesday L: Miscellaneous News I– Former Dallas PD Officer Amber Guyger who shot her black neighbor dead claiming she entered the wrong apartment and thought the man was an ‘intruder’ is appealing her sentence. Next, Governor Kevin Stitt, R-OK, signed three anti-abortion bills limiting when abortions can occur. Of course, the liberals are out running amok, demanding he be removed from office. Wah, wah, wah. Next, Senator Cynthia Lummis, R-WY, introduced a bill today that would permit people under age 21 to buy handguns. Meanwhile, President Donald J. Trump says the ‘Democrats are insane to fight the Arizona 2020 Election audit.’ They are doing everything they can to stop it so that tells you all you need to know.
- 2021 Tuesday M: Miscellaneous News II– At the House GOP retreat, apparently tensions between hardcore RINO Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-CA 23rd congressional district, are rising. We are not sure as to why the two are having problems but of the two, Cheney is the least popular and needs to shut her mouth. Moving on, Little Mayor Pete Buttigieg, the U.S. Transportation secretary, says that ‘from the start, Joe Biden has longed for a BIPARTISAN infrastructure bill.’ Yeah, sure. Bulls**t. Meanwhile, liberals are fearful that the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan is going to leave women in a dark place. We guess we could stay there another 50 years and the plight of women in that s—hole country would…still be the same.
- 2021 Tuesday N: Miscellaneous News III– Britney Spears is set to speak at an upcoming court hearing regarding the highly unfair conservatorship in which, her father has placed her. Next, states are fearful of SCOTUS taking the new concealed carry of firearms case in that it might lessen their power. You can’t trust Chief Justice John Roberts.
- 2021 Tuesday O: California Lottery Results / Mega-Millions Draw: Here are the results for the Mega-Millions Draw #1654 with a $319 million on the line: 15, 22, 30, 41, 42, and Mega 25. Out of 120,216 winning tickets, the highest winners were THREE people who had FOUR numbers plus the Mega for a prize of $10,640 apiece.
- 2022 Wednesday: COVID-19 Statistics for The Planet as a Whole– 511,582,042 confirmed cases, +744,376, 6,253,493 confirmed deaths, +4,481 and 465,258,486 confirmed recoveries, +1,211,765. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 82,888,247 confirmed cases, UP 98,531 from yesterday’s reporting, 1,019,774 confirmed deaths, UP 766,[xviii] and 80,585,919 confirmed recoveries, UP by 38,517. We genuinely welcome COVID Live Update World Meter for being honest in covering ALL the numbers- God bless them.[xix]
- 2022 Wednesday A: Joe Biden to Donald J. Trump Covid-19 Deaths– Note: since Joe Biden became president on January 20, 2021, there have been 570,481 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States- intellectually inadequate old Joe, by the end of the year, you will have tied the total number seen by the Trump administration in a year of the raging coronavirus pandemic. Under President Trump’s watch, there were 404,645 fatalities from the Chi-Com Bat Virus. From this point forward, ALL COVID-19 deaths are atop Joe Biden. He has surpassed President Donald J. Trump’s 15-month number by 205,726 Chi-Com lab-engineered virus deaths in FIFTEEN MONTHS. Joe has accomplished this onerous task in 462 days. He promised that he would lockdown the virus, NOT the country.
- 2022 Wednesday B: COVID-19 Statistics in the four states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Florida, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 9,214,036 confirmed cases, 90,335 confirmed deaths, and 8,961,316 confirmed recoveries. Moving on, here are the numbers for Florida: 5,960,341 confirmed cases, 73,897 confirmed deaths, and 5,814,712 confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 248,405 confirmed cases, 1,418 confirmed deaths, and 239,022 of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 1,493,194 confirmed cases, 12,686 confirmed deaths, and 1,445,183 confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other part of the U.S., Federal Prisons: they have 69,054 confirmed cases, 301 confirmed deaths, and 68,641 confirmed recoveries.[xx]
- 2022 Wednesday C: Foreign Covid Stats of The Day– Now that Mo has moved to Israel, let us look at the statistics there: 4,067,687 confirmed cases, 10,695 confirmed deaths, and 4,029,571 confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other portion of the world- Niue, 225th place on the list: 8 cases of the virus, 1 confirmed death and 7 confirmed recoveries.[xxi]
- 2022 Wednesday D: Stock Market Closes/Precious and Rare Metals– DOW Jones Industrial Average: 33,301.93, UP 61.75 points (+0.19%). Next, the NASDAQ: 12,488.93 DOWN 1.81 points (-0.014%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 4,183.96, UP 8.76 points (+0.21%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $101.74 per barrel, +0.04 (+0.04%). The price of GOLD is $1,885.80 per troy oz., -18.30 (-0.96%) while the price of SILVER is $23.39 per troy ounce, -0.15 (-0.65%). The price of PLATINUM is $909.20 per troy oz, -2.90 (-0.32%) while the price of COPPER is $4.46 per pound, 0.00 (0.00%).[xxii] The price of PALLADIUM is $2,207.81 per troy oz., +21.38 (+0.98%). The price of RHODIUM is $18,200.00 per troy oz., 0.00 (0.00%). The price of NEODYMIUM is $1,095,000.00 per CNY/T, 0.00 (0.00%). The price of ALUMINUM is $3,109.00 per USD/T, +28.00 (+0.91%). The price of ZINC is $4,223.00 per USD/T., +17.00 (+0.40%). The price of COCOA is $2,568.00 per USD/T, -9.00 (-0.35%). The price of COFFEE is $216.25 per USD/T, -5.15 (-2.33%). The price of CORN is $815.50 per USD/T, +12.25 (+1.53%). The price of LUMBER is $1,052.00 USD 1,000 board feet +17.20 (+1.66%).[xxiii] Currently, Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000026. As for Chi-Com money, one-dollar U.S. = 6.56 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.95 euros, in Mexican pesos equals 20.39, and in Russian rubles, one dollar equals 71.38 of theirs. In Pound Sterling, one greenback equals 0.80 and in Qatari Rial, a buck equals 3.66 and in Romanian Leu, one dollar equals 4.68 of theirs.[xxiv]
- 2022 Wednesday E: U.S. National Debt and Gasoline Prices in The Four States in Which We Have Chef-Authors– Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising and lowering by the day and NOTE- these prices are sans TAXES- in California, gasoline prices have moved to $5.680 per gallon, $4.168 in Florida, $5.249 in Hawaii, and $4.687 in Washington state.[xxv] Let us look at one other portion of the United States: Mississippi- $3.776. We are going to do something else that could be fun- gasoline prices around the world going from cheapest to highest. The next country on the list has the 29th LOWEST gasoline price in the world- Pakistan: $3.035 per U.S. Gallon.[xxvi] Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $30,412,638,051,610 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but frigging TRILLIONS.[xxvii] Cloward and Piven causing problems like they always do which is not good- those two bastards should have met their ends on the chopping block. As for holders of U.S. debt, after Ireland the FIFTH largest holder of U.S. debt is Luxembourg. This nation holds $288,000,000,000 of U.S. debt (it is important to note that these numbers vary every day with one nation after another jockeying for top position).
- 2022 Wednesday F: Joe Biden’s Border Catastrophe I– The world-famous ‘border czar,’ Vice President Kamala Harris has been in charge of the disaster befalling the country for the past 390 days. Worse than that, it’s been 304 days since last she showed up to do a photo op. The cost of caring for these uninvited illegal aliens for the past 117 days is a shocking $745,967,001. Atop that, since the two derelicts became the ‘guardians of the Constitution and the American people,’ the nation has shelled out $42,491,772,744 to care for the leeches. Since the first day of the year, we have seen 1,192,049 illegal aliens pour across the border and into the interior of the country. NOT good. Finally, the conservative low estimate of illegal aliens living in the country is 46,623,706. We believe the number is treble that, possibly quadruple that. NO nation can withstand this invasion, perhaps not even until November. Our nation could soon be lost. Time for Operation Wetback II. Let’s round ‘em up and deport them ASAP out of the country and back to whence they came. (Sources for the AICPENDBLOG.COM Illegal Alien Numbers: Center for Immigration Studies, Department of Homeland Security, Federation for American Immigration Reform, Institute for Defense Analyses, Yale, MIT, and, of course, the God-given common sense each of us has at his or her disposal).
- 2022 Wednesday G: Foreign News-Overseas News I– A new poll says that nearly half of all Israelis fear a second Holocaust is brewing. Next, Russia releases American hostage, Trevor Reed, home to his family in an exchange for a Russian drug trafficker locked up in the United States. The parents of Mr. Reed said it appeared their son’s treatment at the hands of the Russians was horrible. F**king Russians. Time to nuke them. Speaking of the Russians and their horrible treatment of those whom they don’t like, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky is demanding global control over Russia’s nuclear weapons stockpile. Ukraine fears that the Russians might nuke them the more the Ukrainians continue mopping the floor with Russian blood.
- 2022 Wednesday H: Vaccine Manufacturers’ Stock Prices (Follow the Money) News– (1) Pfizer: $49.74 (2) AstraZeneca: $66.19 (3) Novavax: $46.46 (4) Merck & Company: $84.41 (5) Johnson & Johnson: $182.10 (6) BioNTech: $144.44 (7) Moderna: $142.43.
- 2022 Wednesday I: Military Suppliers’ Stock Prices (Follow the Money 2) News– (1) Raytheon: $98.84 (2) Boeing: $154.46 (3) General Dynamics: $239.98 (4) Lockheed Martin: $444.98 (5) Northrop-Grumman: $439.77.
- 2022 Wednesday J: PPE Manufacturers’ Stock Prices (Follow the Money 3) News– (1) Ansell Ltd.: $26.04 (2) DuPont: $66.19 (3) 3M: $144.21 (4) Honeywell: $186.35 (5) Teijen: $1,367.00.
- 2022 Wednesday K: Artificial (Fake) Meat Manufacturers’ Stock Prices (Follow the Money 4) News– (1) Maple Leaf Foods/Tofurkey: $27.63 (2) Beyond Meat: $38.22 (3) Kellogg’s/Morning Star Farms: $69.01.
- 2022 Wednesday L: Big Box Store Stock Prices (Follow the Money 5) News– (1) Wal-Mart: $154.24 (2) Lowe’s: $199.57 (3) Home Depot: $301.60 (4) Costco Wholesale Corp: $301.60 (5) Amazon: $2,763.34.
- 2022 Wednesday M: Joe Biden’s Daily Disaster– A new poll says that ONLY two-percent of American voters feel that Joe Biden’s economy is ‘excellent.’ Next, you know Joe Biden’s time in office is running out as a new report says that feeble Joe reassured son, Hunter Biden, that he would fund his legal bills tied to his business deals with the Chi-Coms.
- 2022 Wednesday N: Political News I– A new bill has come forth seeking to reinstate ALL U.S. military personnel terminated for refusing to undergo vaccination for the Xi Jinping Bat Flu virus. Excellent. Bring them back. In other news, DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas testifies on Capitol Hill where we learn that the Biden regime spent $72 million to extricate itself from federal contracts with which to complete construction on the border wall. Wow. Secretary Mayorkas says the Trump administration ruined the immigration system but has NO fixes to stop the seething tidal wave of humanity pouring across it. Instead, he says that domestic extremism- WHITE POWER EXTREMISM- is the most potent threat facing Americans today. While DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas was testifying before Congress, he raised concerns over what he said is the establishment of a ‘disinformation board’ with which to combat ‘misinformation.’ The board will be headed by ultra-leftist Nina Jankowicz, a fellow at the Wilson Center.
- 2022 Wednesday O: California Lottery Results-Super Lotto and Powerball Draws– First, here are the results for Super Lotto Draw #3659 what with a $37 million jackpot on the line for some lucky winner: 03, 11, 13, 23, 34, and Mega 23. Out of 121,094 winning tickets, the highest winners were TWO people who had FIVE numbers but NO Mega for a prize of $21,088 apiece. One ticket was sold at the Arco AM/PM in Perris, CA 92571 while the other was sold at 7-Eleven in Sherman Oaks, CA 91423. Next, here are the results for the Powerball Draw #981 with a jackpot of $454 million up for grabs: Out of 180,291 winning tickets, SIX people had FOUR numbers plus the Powerball for a prize of $16,226 apiece.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0813 a 30” x 40” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Sunset Waters.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day.
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Like yesterday’s offering, we have another gem for you by the Canadian-American rock band, the Band. “Palladium Circles: The Classic New York City Broadcast 1976” came out on March 10, 2015, a live album recorded at the world-famous New York Palladium two months before “The Last Waltz” concert. Unlike yesterday’s offering which left off “Stage Fright,” this album has it as well as more. Fans rave that this concert was full of power, that the group was smoking hot, and that it was like old times. We hope you will seek this one out and consider adding it to your growing collection of some of the best music in the history of the world by one of the all-time amazing bands: The Band. Seek it out and enjoy- you will be glad you did.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 04-27-2022, all rights reserved. (Editor’s Note: we pay the estate of Beverly Carrick an annual fee by which, we can show her paintings to the world. We make NO money from the estate’s sales of her world-famous artworks). Total Word Count: 5,112. Chef Pedro Muñoz.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Beverly Carrick High Desert Landscapes, Just the Facts, The Unvarnished Truth, Pete Ham, Badfinger, Gordon Haskell, King Crimson, Ace Frehley, KISS, Charlie Watts & Jim Keltner, Albania, King Zog I, Fascist Italy, Il Duce Benito Mussolini, Battle of Dien Bien Phu, President Abraham Lincoln, President Ulysses S. Grant, President Grover Cleveland, President William McKinley, President Lyndon Baines Johnson, President Gerald R. Ford, President Ronald Reagan, President Barack Hussein Obama, President Donald J. Trump, Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, Vice President Kamala Harris, “Kooky Kamala” Harris, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Stephen G. Breyer, U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Julius Sterling Morton, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch, U.S. Secretary of State John Sherman, Senator “Creepy Cory” Booker, Senator Cynthia Lummis, Senator Dianne Feinstein, Senator Marco Rubio, Senator Rick Scott, Congressman Brian Babin, Congresswoman Liz Cheney, Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, Congressman Ron Wright, Acting FBI Director L. Patrick Gray, John D. Ehrlichman, Climate Czar John F. Kerry, Governor Gavin “The Smiler” Newsom, Governor Kevin Stitt, BIG BANKS, Goldman-Sachs, H1N1 Swine Flu, JOE BIDEN’S BORDER CATASTROPHE, U.S. Department of `Homeland Security, JOE BIDEN REGIME NEWS, Internal Revenue Service, Logan Act- the, JCPOA- the, Iran Nuclear Deal, U.S. Navy, Communism, Socialism, FREE Preschool, Fake News, Bloomberg News, Eli Lake, Washington Post- the, WAPO, John W. Hinckley, Jr., Illegal Aliens, Illegal Alien Invasion, Illegal Alien Tsunami, Illegal Alien Tidal Wave, Illegal Alien Caravans, Joe Biden’s Open Borders Policies, Build the Wall and Deport Them All, COVID-19, Chi-Vi- the, The ‘VID, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, China Virus, China Virus Crisis, Yellow Fever 2019-2021, Communist China Condition, Kung Flu- The, Wuhan Waltz- The, BIG C-19- The, Wuhan Whoopie- The, COVID-19 Mandates, Pelosi Pox- The, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Hubei Hooey- The, Xi Jinping’s Bat Fu Yuk, Communist Killer Virus 2019-2021 and Onward, Chairman Xi’s Fever, Chairman Xi’s Gift to the World- the Chi-Vi, COVID-19- the Trump Whacker, COVID-19- the Hong Kong Democracy Movement Killer, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna, BioNTech, Johnson & Johnson, Walmart Stock Price, Lowe’s Stock Price, Home Depot Stock Price, Costco Stock Price, Amazon Stock Price, Raytheon Stock Price, General Dynamics Stock Price, Boeing Stock Price, Lockheed Martin Stock Price, Northrop-Grumman Stock Price, Beyond Meat Stock Price, Kellogg’s-Morning Star Farms Stock Price, Maple Leaf Foods-Tofurkey Stock Price, GREEN MEATS, BIG PHARMA, U.S. National Gasoline Prices, Global Petrol Prices, DOW Jones Industrial Average, S & P 500, NASDAQ, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper, Palladium, Rhodium, Aluminum, Neodymium, Precious and Rare Metals, Light Sweet Crude Oil, U.S. Monetary Conversions, U.S. National Debt, U.S. National Debt Clock, National Security Matters, Monetary Conversions of the Day, Bitcoin, Chinese Yuan, European Union Euros, Mexican Pesos, Russian Ruble, Kuwaiti Dinar, Lesotho Loti, Liberian Dollar, Pound Sterling, Qatari Rial, Romanian Leu, California Gas Prices, Florida Gas Prices, Hawaii Gas Prices, Washington Gas Prices, Mississippi Gas Prices, Global Petrol Prices, Iranian Petrol Prices, Pakistani Petrol Prices, California Lottery, Lottery Results, Mega-Millions, Mega-Millions Draw #1654, Powerball, Powerball Draw #981, Super Lotto, Super Lotto Draw #3659, Roman Catholic Church, Pope Julius II, Pope Leo XI, Pope Francis, Ottoman Turkish Sultans, Sultan Abdul Hamid II, Sultan Mehmed V, Professional Boxing, WBA Heavyweight Champion Greg Page, The Band, Chef Pedro Muñoz,
[i] We presented the music of this British prog-rock band, the amazing King Crimson, beginning on Monday, 20-October-2014 through Sunday, 21-December-2014. We hope you will check them out and add them to your collection.
[ii] We should have shared the music of Badfinger at the time we promoted that of the Beatles but guess what? We flipping failed just as we failed to promote the music of Thunderclap Newman at the same time, we did the Who. One day, we sure as heck will so, please remain vigilant.
[iii] We hope to present the music of KISS sometime in the late 2020s.
[iv] As is the norm, we visit Martin Windrow’s amazing book, “The Last Valley,” De Capo Press (2006) as well as Time-Life Books for relevant information on this critical fight against communism.
[v] Bing seems to be covering numbers up for the Biden administration so here is where we have gone now: COVID Live Update: 146,144,571 Cases and 3,097,090 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[vii] See previous.
[ix] Commodities – Oil, Silver and Gold Prices – CNN Business– see this site for daily commodity information.
[x] Palladium PRICE Today | Palladium Spot Price Chart | Live Price of Palladium per Ounce | Markets Insider (businessinsider.com) See this site for daily trading in palladium.
[xi] Commodities Prices – Spot – Futures (tradingeconomics.com) See this site for much of the economic information cobbled together at this blog.
[xiv] Please see the following site for information on global gas prices: Gasoline prices around the world, 19-Apr-2021 | GlobalPetrolPrices.com.
[xv] U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.
[xvi] Grover Norquist says that Joe Biden is returning the nation back to the failed tax policies of the past that so harmed the nation.
[xvii] Speaking of Elon Musk, he says that ‘those who go on the Mars trip may not come back alive.’ Amen.
[xviii] Bing seems to be covering numbers up for the Biden administration so here is where we have gone now: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[xxi] We obtain our statistics for the coronavirus from: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[xxii] Commodities – Oil, Silver and Gold Prices – CNN Business– see this site for daily commodity information.
[xxiii] Commodities Prices – Spot – Futures (tradingeconomics.com) See this site for much of the economic information cobbled together at this blog.
[xxvi] Please see the following site for information on global gas prices: Gasoline prices around the world, 26-Apr-2021 | GlobalPetrolPrices.com
[xxvii] U.S. National Debt Clock: Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.