Chefs de Cuisine Association of Honolulu, Hawaii
Honolulu, HI 96782
Contact Me: email@example.com
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
WINTER SESSION 2022
BLOG POST #4,377 AT THE AICP-END
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 299
DAY THREE HUNDRED-AND-SIXTY-THREE OF THE BIDEN REGIME
17. TODAY IN HISTORY—MONDAY, JANUARY 17, 2022, UPDATE A:
Tu Bishvat/Tu B’Shevat (Jewish Holiday); Martin Luther King Jr. Day (federal and state holiday); General Robert E. Lee’s Birthday (Alabama, Mississippi); Idaho Human Rights Day (Idaho); and Civil Rights Day (Arizona and New Hampshire)
- 2022 Monday: COVID-19 Statistics for The Planet as a Whole: 331,104,257 confirmed cases, +2,259,806, 5,563,055 confirmed deaths, +5,162 and 268,942,367 confirmed recoveries, +1,216,145. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 67,494,509 confirmed cases, UP 498,976 from yesterday’s reporting, 874,213 confirmed deaths, UP +649,[i] and 43,140,300 confirmed recoveries, UP 49,656. We genuinely welcome COVID Live Update World Meter for being honest in covering ALL the numbers- God bless them.[ii]
- 2022 Monday A: Joe Biden to Donald J. Trump Covid-19 Deaths- Note: since Joe Biden became president on January 20, 2021, there have been 424,929 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE United States- mentally deficient old Joe, by the end of the year, you will have tied the total number seen by the Trump administration in a year of the raging coronavirus pandemic. Under President Trump’s watch, there were 404,645 fatalities from the Chi-Com Bat Virus. From this point forward, ALL COVID-19 deaths are atop Joe Biden. He has surpassed President Donald J. Trump’s 15-month number by 62,557 Chi-Com lab-engineered virus deaths in ELEVEN MONTHS. Joe has accomplished this onerous task in 362 days. He promised that he would lockdown the virus, NOT the country. It is time to eject this senile pretender from office and back to his Delaware basement, there to watch “Matlock” reruns sitting in his rocker, slurping up his Campbell’s chicken noodle soup while Dr. Jill dabs the drool from his receding chin, and dressed in a shawl. His wife should be doing time in prison for elder abuse.
- 2022 Monday B: COVID-19 Statistics in the four states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Florida, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 6,765,013 confirmed cases, 78,080 confirmed deaths, and 6,686,933 confirmed recoveries (since California won’t report recoveries anymore, we are doing it). Moving on, here are the numbers for Florida: 5,089,226 confirmed cases, 63,090 confirmed deaths, and 3,656,729 confirmed recoveries (same numbers). Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 174,586 confirmed cases, 1,126 confirmed deaths, and 173,460 of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for Washington: 1,046,777 confirmed cases, 10,294 confirmed deaths, and 350,434 confirmed recoveries (same numbers). Let us look at one other part of the U.S., Ohio: they have 2,403,645 confirmed cases, 30,922 confirmed deaths, and 1,932,132 confirmed recoveries.[iii]
- 2022 Monday C: Foreign Covid Stats of The Day- Now that Mo has moved to Israel, let us look at the statistics there: 1,792,137 confirmed cases, 8,318 confirmed deaths, and 1,530,716 confirmed recoveries (same numbers). Let us look at one other portion of the world- Réunion, 118th country on the list: 102,216 cases of the virus, 435 confirmed death and 75,943 confirmed recoveries.[iv]
- 2022 Monday D: Stock Market Closes/Precious and Rare Metals: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 35,911.81, DOWN 201.81 points (-0.56%). Next, the NASDAQ: 14,893.75 UP 86.94 points (+0.59%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 4,662.85, UP 3.82 points (+0.082%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $84.27 per barrel, +2.15 (+2.62%). The price of GOLD is $1,817.30 per troy oz., -4.10 (-0.23%) while the price of SILVER is $22.99 per troy ounce, -0.17 (-0.74%). The price of PLATINUM is $967.90 per troy oz, -4.30 (-0.44%) while the price of COPPER is $4.43 per pound, -0.12 (-2.53%).[v] The price of PALLADIUM is $1,878.56 per troy oz., -9.23 (-0.49%). The price of RHODIUM is $16,400.00 per troy oz., 0.00 (0.00%). The price of NEODYMIUM is $1,110,000.00 per CNY/T, 0.00 (0.00%). The price of ALUMINUM is $2,976.50 per USD/T, +24.50 (+0.83%). The price of COCOA is $2,659.00 per USD/T, +50.00 (+1.92%). The price of LUMBER is $1,288.90 USD 1,000 board feet +59.80 (+4.87%).[vi] Currently, Bitcoin, one U.S. greenback = 0.000024. As for Chi-Com money, one-dollar U.S. = 6.35 Chinese yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.88 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 20.28. In Pound Sterling, one greenback equals 0.73 and in Qatari Rial, a buck equals 3.64 and in Romanian Leu, one dollar equals 4.33 of theirs.[vii]
- 2022 Monday E: U.S. National Debt and Gasoline Prices in The Four States in Which We Have Chef-Authors- Thanks to the Biden administration, gasoline prices continue rising and lowering by the day and NOTE- these prices are sans TAXES- in California, gasoline prices have moved to $4.654 per gallon, $3.220 in Florida, $4.328 in Hawaii, and $3.957 in Washington state.[viii] Let us look at one other portion of the United States: New Hampshire- $3.259. We are going to do something else that could be fun- gasoline prices around the world going from cheapest to highest. The next country on the list has the 99th HIGHEST gasoline price in the world- Curacao: $4.862 per U.S. Gallon.[ix] Meanwhile, here is a snapshot of the U.S. National Debt for today: $29,813,228,644,562 and the Democrats are adding TRILLIONS of dollars to it, not BILLIONS but frigging TRILLIONS.[x] Cloward and Piven causing problems like they always do which is not good- those two bastards should have met their ends on the chopping block. As for holders of U.S. debt, after the United Kingdom the next largest holder of U.S. debt is Ireland with $318,000,000,000 of U.S. national debt (it is important to note that these numbers vary every day with one nation after another jockeying for top position).
- 2022 Monday F: Joe Biden’s Border Conundrum I- Friends, our Vice President Kamala Harris has been in charge of the border crisis now for 294 days and sadly for the country, she has not visited the region in 207 days. Here are the figures as computed by our friend and colleague, Moses Scharbug. First, here is the cost for this day of caring for the migrants: $1,630,391,817. Next, here is the number we taxpayers have shelled out for this year combined with last year’s total: $405,803,265,210. I agree with my colleagues that this money could be better spent caring for American taxpayers than wasting it on people who truly do not deserve to be here. Next, here is the number of illegals who have tried to cross or who have crossed the southern border in the past 17 days: 170,029 (we have had to revise this- about 5,000-10,000 migrants attempt to cross the border). Finally, combined with last year’s numbers, here is the estimate of illegal aliens living within the U.S. as we speak: 42,149,888. I hate to say this, but average Democrats do not like this either.
- 2022 Monday G: Foreign News-Overseas News I- North Korea launches two more missiles, this time from an airport in the nation’s capital city of Pyongyang. We guess they don’t give a hoot what President Joseph R. Biden Jr. has said. We have put new sanctions atop NOKO leadership. In other news out of Asia, the People’s Republic of China’s economy grew by just 8-percent in 2021. For them, this is not good. In other overseas news, Piers Morgan has slammed Prince Harry for his recent filing of a lawsuit against his home country over his claims that for his family to return there, they would require a massive amount of private security to protect them…from what?
- 2022 Monday H: Foreign News-Overseas News II- U.S. senators are meeting with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky as a show of support against the oncoming Russian invasion. Vladimir Putin, however, says ‘Russia needs no pretext for invading the Ukraine.’ Meanwhile, Prime Minister Boris “BoJo” Johnson and his political enemies are awaiting the results of the ‘partygate’ investigation into his shenanigans at parties while British citizens are under COVID-19 lockdowns and restrictions. (We hope he loses his position).
- 2022 Monday I: COVID-19 Updates and Additional Information I- Former Food and Drug Administration Administrator Dr. Scott Gottlieb has said that ‘President Biden’s federal vaccine mandates are a mistake.’ Amen. Next, “America’s Doctor” Tony Fauci says that Omicron may not be the end of the pandemic. (Note- I do not like to disagree with the good doctor but from what I’ve read and learned over the past year, it appears as though it is- the virus is weakening. Yes, it is more contagious but far less destructive so to me, that means hope is on the horizon).
- 2022 Monday J: COVID-19 Lockdowns-Restrictions-and Authoritarianism News- There is a poll claiming that 58-percent of Americans want the unvaxxed confined to home restriction. This is crazy. Meanwhile, U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams says that President Biden’s COVID-19 claims are way too political.’ In other news, with the new governor in Virginia banning mask mandates in the schools, sixteen school districts have announced that they will fight Governor Glenn Youngkin. Maybe it’s time to stop with the restrictions already? Finally, in my state, visitors will be required to have TWO vaccines plus one, possibly two, boosters for one to be considered ‘fully vaccinated.’ Look, this is becoming insane.
- 2022 Monday K: Joe Biden’s Daily Disaster- Senator Tim Kaine, DS-VA, says that ‘Joe Biden’s Build Back Better is dead in its current form.’ In other unfavorable news for President Biden, Human Rights Watch is blasting the 46th president’s lack of involvement in various human rights abuses around the world such as the Uighurs. Elsewhere, a new poll says that 58-percent of the American people fear that President Joseph R. Biden is paying scant attention to economic matters.
- 2022 Monday L: Political News I- Maryland’s Governor Larry “The Toad” Hogan, RINO, has failed to confirm whether he is going to run for U.S. Senate or not. In other political news, crafty old Dick Morris says there’s a ‘good chance of Hillary Clinton vs. Donald J. Trump in 2024.’ Many of my colleagues at the AICPENDBLOG.COM believe that Hillary is preparing to primary President Biden because NO one has ever witnessed a political fiasco the likes of which, we are all observing happen to any American politician. My colleagues believe this is karma. Finally, Senator Mitt Romney, R-UT, says that ‘Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has the full support of the GOP to maintain his leadership position.’
- 2022 Monday M: Political News II- U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Republican, said to ‘beware of the surveillance state at the upcoming genocide Olympics.’ The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics begin early next month and what seems clear to many is that these Olympics are the equivalent of the 1936 Berlin Summer Olympics. This is frightening but we will be watching. Rumor has it that Beijing is preventing its citizens- and U.S. citizens– from leaving their country ahead of the kickoff of the Olympics. In other news, Congressman Jaimie Raskin, D-MD 8th congressional district, proposes using the 14th amendment to block Donald Trump from running for office again. (Note- my party is terribly afraid of President Trump, I wish they would all stop getting chicken skin over him).
- 2022 Monday N: Political News III- Things are not going well for my party as a new report says that the GOP has benefitted from a major realignment among the political parties. For the first time in decades, the GOP is leading in the registering of new voters and in Democrats abandoning the party to become Grand Old Party members. It is becoming more and more difficult to defend the Biden administration and having bought a home in the Sunshine State, one can see the differences between my fascist home state of Hawaii and the free state of Florida. In other political news, President Donald J. Trump told Newsmax that the ‘number one job for the GOP in 2022 is retaking the U.S. House of Representatives.’
- 2022 Monday O: Political News IV- The American left is declaring victory over using Direct TV to push One America News Network off cable. Senator Rand Paul, R-KY, says that he ‘canceled his Direct TV subscription over this uncool ban. (Note- we can disagree about news channels but even folks like me know that this is not right. Don’t take OAN off cable). Speaking of television, Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel says the proposed ban on GOP members participating in presidential debates reflects a long history of mistreatment by the political hacks chosen to host them. It is rather unfair and at time embarrassing. The debates in 2020 were extremely bad with the one-sidedness on full display. Perhaps if the American people had a better chance of seeing the REAL Joe Biden, we could have gone a different way.
- 2022 Monday P: Political News V- Sadly, politics in this country infect everything. Former first lady, U.S. senator from New York, and U.S. secretary of state under President Barack Obama- Hillary Clinton- is taking incoming for having used Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day as a soapbox for blasting Senator Joe Manchin, D-W. VA, and Senator Kyrsten Sinema, D-AZ, for defending the filibuster rule. Hillary, give it a rest already. In other news, it appears that leftwing news agencies are attempting to sow division between President Donald J. Trump and Governor Ron DeSantis of Florida. So far, we’ve seen no tape that even suggests there’s a problem so pay no attention to rumors.
- 2022 Monday Q: Sports News I- Tonight is the final Wildcard game for the weekend. The Arizona Cardinals with a record of 11-6-0 went to Los Angeles to play the L.A. Rams (12-5-0). Here are the results: the Rams cleaned their clocks, 34-11. The Cardinals leave the season with a final record of 11-7-0 while the Rams’ record improves to 13-5-0. Here is the schedule for the upcoming weekend, beginning with Saturday at 1:30 P.M.: Cincinnati Bengals (11-7-0) @ Tennessee Titans (12-5-0). Next, at 5:15 P.M., the San Francisco 49ers (11-7-0) go to Green Bay to play the Packers (13-4-0). Then, on Sunday at noon, the Los Angeles Rams go down to Tampa Bay to play the Buccaneers and then at 3:30 P.M., the final game of the Divisional Round we see the Buffalo Bills go to Kansas City to play the Chiefs.
- 2022 Monday R: California Lottery Results-Powerball Monday Night Draw- here are the results for the Powerball Draw #938 with a jackpot of $53 million up for grabs: 09, 24, 35, 46, 65, and Power 22. Out of 28,211 winning tickets in California, the highest winners were 18 people with FOUR numbers but NO Powerball for a prize of $445 apiece. When is Hawaii going to get a state-run lottery? Another reason as to WHY the fam is moving to the Sunshine State.
- 2022 Monday: Aloha. Stick around and share your thoughts…note- Mo is the one who typically collects the info that we use, he and Alvin. We tend to build up on what went before. Everything I am adding this week in the updates, I promise that I will do my best to keep things civil and professional. Democrats love their country as much as Republicans do and many of the things that are occurring in the country right now are an embarrassment to my party. My family is relocating to Florida for one reason: FREEDOM. They have it and my state doesn’t. If Republicans have freedom and Democrats don’t, what does that tell us? Blue states need to find their way anew.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0713 a 16” x 20” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Washington’s Mountains.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day.
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Unlike many of their contemporaries, Fairport Convention had an attitude of ‘never say die’ and thus they continued their labors in the studio and on the road. Today’s next album, “Sense of Occasion,” came out on February 12, 2007, and although some fans dismissed it for being somewhat ho-hum compared to their previous release, the band of merry Brits turns in yet another soul-satisfying release. The band features the quintet of Andy Guttridge (acoustic guitars), Ric Sanders (violins), Dave Pegg (acoustic and electric basses, and tenor mandola), Simon Nichol (guitars and vocals), Gerry Conway (drums), and Chris Leslie (mandolins, fiddles, cellos, and flutes). Again, we encourage everyone to visit their favorite nearest site for the absolute best in music, give it a good listen, and then see if you want to add it to your never-ending, always-growing collection like us. We think you will be glad you did.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 01-17-2022, all rights reserved. Data compiled with inflexible assiduousness by Moses Scharbug III. Note: we pay the estate of Beverly Carrick an annual fee by which, we can show her paintings to the world. We make NO money from the estate’s sales of her world-famous artworks. Total Word Count: 2,689. Chef Cheryl La Tigre.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Beverly Carrick Mountain Landscapes, COVID-19 Statistics for The Planet as A Whole, Joe Biden to Donald J. Trump COVID-19 Deaths, COVID-19 Statistics, Foreign Covid Stats of The Day, Stock Market Closes/Precious And Rare Metals, Daily Gasoline Prices both Domestic and Foreign, ,oe Biden’s Border Conundrum I, Foreign News-Overseas News I, Foreign News-Overseas News II, COVID-19 Updates and Additional Information I, COVID-19 Lockdowns-Restrictions-and Authoritarianism News, Joe Biden’s Daily Disaster, Political News I, Political News II, Political News III, Political News IV, Political News V, Sports News I, Undocumented Migrants, President Joseph R. Biden Jr., “America’s Doctor” Tony Fauci, Senator Tim Kaine, Build Back Better, Governor Larry “The Toad” Hogan, Hillary Clinton, Congressman Jaimie Raskin, President Barack Obama, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Senator Joe Manchin, Senator Kyrsten Sinema, North Korea, People’s Republic of China, Piers Morgan, Prince Harry, Ukraine, President Volodymyr Zelensky, Russia, Vladimir Putin, United Kingdom, Prime Minister Boris “BoJo” Johnson, Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics, 1936 Berlin Summer Olympics, Food and Drug Administration, Administrator Dr. Scott Gottlieb, U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams, Governor Glenn Youngkin, Senator Mitt Romney, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, President Donald J. Trump, Senator Rand Paul, RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, COVID-19, Chi-Vi- the, The ‘VID, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, China Virus, China Virus Crisis, Yellow Fever 2019-2021, Communist China Condition, Kung Flu- The, Wuhan Waltz- The, BIG C-19- The, Wuhan Whoopie- The, COVID-19 Mandates, Pelosi Pox- The, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Hubei Hooey- The, U.S. National Debt, U.S. National Debt Clock, National Security Matters, Monetary Conversions of the Day, Bitcoin, Chinese Yuan, European Union Euros, Mexican Pesos, Pound Sterling, Qatari Rial, Romanian Leu, California Gas Prices, Florida Gas Prices, Hawaii Gas Prices, Washington Gas Prices, Nebraska Gas Prices, Global Petrol Prices, Aruba Petrol Price, California Lottery, California Lottery Results, Powerball, Powerball Draw #938, Fairport Convention, Chef Cheryl La Tigre,
TODAY IN HISTORY, MONDAY JANUARY 17, 2022, BLOG POST #4,377, UPDATE A
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Monday, January 17, 2022, Today in History Blog Post:
Sunday, January 17, 2021, Today in History Blog Post:
Sunday, January 17, 2021, Today in History:
We feel compelled to share with our new readers that we are an OPINION SITE and not a NEWS SITE although we do report the news. If anything, we are big history buffs which is why we have been going strong since early 2009…
Monday, January 17, 2022:
[i] Bing seems to be covering numbers up for the Biden administration so here is where we have gone now: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[iv] We obtain our statistics for the coronavirus from: COVID Live Update: 151,025,351 Cases and 3,176,405 Deaths from the Coronavirus – Worldometer (worldometers.info)
[v] Commodities – Oil, Silver and Gold Prices – CNN Business– see this site for daily commodity information.
[vi] Commodities Prices – Spot – Futures (tradingeconomics.com) See this site for much of the economic information cobbled together at this blog.
[ix] Please see the following site for information on global gas prices: Gasoline prices around the world, 26-Apr-2021 | GlobalPetrolPrices.com
[x] U.S. National Debt Clock: Real Time (usdebtclock.org) See this site for the U.S. National Debt Clock.
WE THANK EVERYONE FOR JOINING US AT WORDPRESS.COM AND FOR AIDING US IN CONTINUING TO DO THE WORK WE TOOK UPON OURSELVES MORE THAN A DECADE AGO
FOLKS, IT’S UP TO US TO SAVE JOE!