TODAY IN HISTORY
Century City, CA 90067
Contact Me: Tiresiasthegreek2014@gmail.com
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
FALL SESSION 2021
BLOG POST #4,290 AT THE AICP-END
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 342
DAY THREE HUNDRED-AND-TWENTY OF THE BIDEN REGIME
339. TODAY IN HISTORY—SUNDAY, DECEMBER 05, 2021:
President, Vice President, and U.S. Secretary of State Martin Van Buren; U.S. Attorney-General Caesar Augustus Rodney; U.S. Treasury Secretary James Guthrie; Buffalo Springfield featuring Jim Messina, “Beggar’s Banquet” by the Rolling Stones, and Savoy Brown featuring Kim Simmonds:
- 1349 Friday: During the Black Death, fearful rioters murder 500 Jews, thinking that maybe they are the cause of the dreadful disease.
- 1492 Monday: Christopher Columbus and his fleet of three ships ‘discover’ Hispaniola Island in the Caribbean Sea.
- 1766 Friday: James Christie, founder of the famous auctioneers, held his first sale in London on this date.
- 1776 Thursday: The first scholastic fraternity in North America, Phi Beta Kappa, was organized at the College of William and Mary at Williamsburg, Virginia.
- 1782 Thursday: The eighth president of the United States (March 04, 1837, to March 04, 1841), Martin Van Buren, was born in Kinderhook, New York; he was the first chief executive to be born after American independence. He also served as the nation’s 8th vice president from March 04, 1833, to March 04, 1837. He also served as the nation’s 10th secretary of state, serving under President Andrew Jackson from March 28, 1829, to May 23, 1831, prior to moving up the political ladder.
- 1791 Monday: Composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart[i] died in Vienna, Austria, at age 35.
- 1792 Wednesday: President George Washington was reelected to a second term in office. Meanwhile, in Bardstown, Kentucky, future 21stS. Treasury Secretary James Guthrie is born. A future Democrat, he would serve under President Franklin Pierce from March 07, 1853, to February 07, 1868. He next became a senator representing his home state.
- 1804 Wednesday: President Thomas Jefferson and Vice President George Clinton win re-election to their respective offices.
- 1811 Thursday: The 6thS. Attorney-General Caesar Augustus Rodney stepped down from his post on this date. A Democratic-Republican, he served under Presidents Thomas Jefferson and James Madison from January 20, 1807, until today.
- 1831 Monday: Former President John Quincy Adams took his seat as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- 1832 Wednesday: President Andrew Jackson wins re-election as president of the United States.
- 1848 Wednesday: President James K. Polk triggered the Gold Rush of ’49 by confirming that gold had been discovered in California.
- 1861 Thursday: The Gatling gun receives a U.S. patent.
- 1876 Tuesday: A fire in a theater in Brooklyn kills 295 and injures more due to burning to death or being trampled by those attempting to escape. Elsewhere, D.C. Stillson received a patent for the Stillson wrench, which was the first practical pipe wrench.
- 1901 Thursday: Movie producer Walt Disney was born in Chicago on this date.
- 1908 Saturday: College football players first used numerals on uniforms at the University of Pittsburgh on this date.
- 1925 Saturday: In the 13th Canadian Football League Grey Cup, the Ottawa Senators defeat the Tammany Tigers, 24-1.
- 1932 Monday: German physicist Albert Einstein received a visa, which made it possible for him to travel to the United States.
- 1933 Tuesday: National Prohibition sputtered to a close as Utah became the 36th state to ratify the 21st Amendment to the Constitution, repealing the 18th
- 1936 Saturday: In the 24th Canadian Football League Grey Cup, the Sarnia Imperials defeat the Ottawa Rough Riders, 26-20.
- 1941 Saturday: A massive Soviet counter-offensive drives the Nazis away from Moscow. Meanwhile, the aircraft carrier USS Lexington and five heavy cruisers leave Pearl Harbor for maneuvers in the Pacific Ocean.
- 1942 Sunday: Field Marshal Erich von Manstein launches Operation Winter Storm, the relief of Stalingrad’s Sixth Army and Fourth Panzer Army. While Major General Hermann Balck and his 11th Panzer Division strike for Kalach, hoping to pull Soviet forces in his direction, Colonel General Hermann “Papa” Hoth begins the 73-mile strike towards Stalingrad. If Hoth’s relief force could get to Stalingrad, the plan is to funnel in food and ammo so the Sixth Army and what’s left of the Fourth Panzer Army can break out and head towards Axis lines.
- 1945 Wednesday: The famous “Lost Squadron” of Bermuda Triangle fame crashes somewhere east of Florida, never to be seen or heard from again.
- 1946 Thursday: Through Executive Order #9808, President Harry S. Truman establishes a committee on civil rights and how to fix the situation in the United States, one of the first acts that would lead ultimately to integration and an end to Jim Crow laws in the South.
- 1947 Friday: In Newbridge, Caerphilly, Wales, Kim Simmonds, the longtime guitarist and sometimes vocalist with the English rock band Savoy Brown[ii] was born on this date in history (look for the band’s albums here at the AICP-END). Elsewhere, Jim Messina—future bassist with Buffalo Springfield[iii] in 1968 and with Kenny Loggins in Loggins & Messina[iv]—was born on this date in Maywood, California. Meanwhile, Joe Louis beats Jersey Joe Walcott in 15 rounds to win the heavyweight boxing title of the world.
- 1949 Monday: Ezzard Charles defeats Jersey Joe Walcott to win the heavyweight boxing title of the world.
- 1950 Tuesday: Ezzard Charles retains the heavyweight boxing title of the world by knocking out Nick Barone in the 11th round of their championship match.
- 1952 Friday: The Great Smog of London descended onto the city; the unusually thick fog contained toxic pollutants, lasted five days and took the blame for causing thousands of deaths. Where were outcries of ‘global warming-climate change’ then? Nowhere to be heard.
- 1955 Monday: The American Congress of Labor and the Congress of Industrial Organizations merged to form the AFL-CIO under its first president George Meany.
- 1968 Thursday: The Rolling Stones[v] release their classic “Beggar’s Banquet”[vi] album, one everyone should own! Every song on this album shines, beginning with “Sympathy for the Devil,” through “Jig-Saw Puzzle” through “Parachute Woman” through “Stray Cat Blues” through the closing notes of “Salt of the Earth.”
- 1983 Monday: Los Angeles Dodgers’ pitcher Steve Howe is suspended for one year over cocaine use.
- 1985 Thursday: The Dow Jones Industrial Average rises above 1,500 for the first time.
- 1990 Wednesday: For the first time in two years, since Ayatollah Khomeini put a fatwa on his head, “Satanic Verses” author Salman Rushdie appears in public.
- 1998 Saturday: James P. Hoffa claimed the Teamsters presidency after challenger Tom Leedham conceded defeat in the union’s presidential election.
- 2003 Friday: Th two makers of flu shots in the United States, Chiron, and Aventis Pasteur, announced they had run out of vaccine and would be unable to meet a surge in demand.
- 2007 Tuesday: At a shopping mall in Omaha, Nebraska, a shooter murders 8 people and then takes his own life as the cops close in.
- 2008 Thursday: The Labor Department reported that an alarming half-million jobs had vanished in November 2008 as unemployment hit a 15-year high of 6.7-percent. Meanwhile, in Las Vegas, a judge sentenced O.J. Simpson to 33 years in prison (with eligibility for parole after nine) for an armed robbery at a hotel room where sellers of sports memorabilia were peddling his stuff. He left prison on parole on October 01, 2017.
- 2009 Friday: Tens of thousands of people protest in the streets of Rome, Italy, demanding that Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi resign over morals charges. Meanwhile, a jury in Perugia, Italy, convicted American student Amanda Knox and her former Italian boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, of murdering Knox’s British roommate, Meredith Kercher, and sentenced them to lengthy prison terms.[vii]
- 2010 Saturday: The world is pursuing WikiLeaks and Julian Assange. The WikiLeaks Website is driven offline and in Switzerland, banking officials seek to shut down an account of Mr. Assange. All because he shares the truth with the world!
- 2011 Monday: Reports indicate that credit ratings system Standard and Poor will review fifteen nations for possible downgrade including France and Germany. Meanwhile, in Syria, reports state that at least 60 bodies killed by the Syrian military’s chemical weapons are being transported to a hospital in Homs.
- 2012 Wednesday: On this date, famous American pianist and jazz composer, Dave Brubeck, dies at the age of 91. Meanwhile, Damascus accuses the Obama administration and NATO of using ‘chemical weapons attacks’ by the regime of Bashar al-Assad as a pretext for invasion. Elsewhere, in Egypt, the military deploys tanks outside the presidential palace as rioters in the streets are getting out of control.
- 2013 Thursday: In Pretoria, former South African president and anti-Apartheid activist Nelson Mandela dies at the age of 95. Meanwhile, militant Houthi rebels attack a government military compound in Sana’a, Yemen, killing 52 and wounding another 167 people. Light ‘em up!
- 2014 Friday: NASA tests its Orion spacecraft, without a crew, 3,500 miles from Earth to test its ability to transform humans deeper into the Solar System. Additional tests will take place before the spacecraft will be able to carry human beings to Mars one day.
- 2015 Saturday: The Iraqi government demands that Turkey pull its troops out of the northern sector of their country as the Iraqis continue battling the ISIS militants holding the key city of Mosul. Baghdad says the Turks did not consult with them before entering their country and need to remove themselves ASAP.
- 2016 Monday: President-elect Donald J. Trump announces his pick of Dr. Ben Carson to serve as his HUD secretary which drives leftists to scratching their heads. Meanwhile, Facebook announces it will donate $20 million to Bay Area cities to help with affordable housing and with job training. Love that virtue signaling!
- 2017 Tuesday: President Donald J. Trump is preparing to declare Jerusalem as the capital of all Israel, despite global condemnation by those who support the BDS Movement and the Palestinians. We say, “Screw them!” Meanwhile, Democrat Congressman John Conyers, beset by numerous female accusers announces he plans to resign. It is clear that the slush fund used by members of Congress to silence sexual harassment and assault accusers has paid out loads of cash to silence the accusers of this old coot.[viii]
- 2018 Wednesday: According to left-wing reports, the planet is on a path to catastrophic climate change disaster seeing as how emissions for the year have reached levels unfit for human habitation. CO2 emissions are set to hit an increase of 2.7-percent that has believers of the pseudo science sweating bullets and chomping at the bit. Meanwhile, the Beijing-controlled World Health Organization issues its own warning that IF the world can control carbon dioxide emissions, we could save millions of lives. Well, okay. Elsewhere, Barclay’s customers demand divestment from tar sands oil pipelines, purportedly the ‘dirtiest form of energy known to man.’
- 2019 Thursday: Following the previous day of extremely boring but hostile ‘impeachment hearings’ in the House Judiciary Committee where four constitutional professors testified as to the validity of going after President Donald J. Trump, an addled and upset Nancy Pelosi, speaker of the House, appeared before the assembled news media and said it was full-speed ahead with the impeachment of the president. When questioned by journalist James Rosen as to whether the speaker ‘hated President Trump,’ the obviously senile woman blew up, began discussing her Catholicism and said she hated NO one. Then, she hurriedly left the room because it appeared she was becoming unglued.
- 2020 Saturday: Pearson Sharp of One America News Network (OANN) presented overwhelming evidence of the corruption employed by the Democrats in key battleground states in the 2020 Presidential Election: in Pennsylvania, 121,000 illegal votes while in Wisconsin another 200,000 illegal votes. In Arizona, there were 300,000 illegal votes, Nevada, 95,000 fraudulent votes, Michigan, a whopping 500,000 plus illegal votes and in Georgia, another 200,000 illegal votes which are enough to give all these states to President Donald J. Trump.
- 2020 Saturday A: We learn the POS international criminal George Soros, former World War II Nazi war criminal’s Minnesota Freedom Fund, has helped murderers, rapists, thugs, child molesters, arsonists, looters, and other forms of scum to get out jail and back onto the streets. Meanwhile, the forever-corrupt Congresswoman Maxine Waters, D-CA, has once again used campaign funds to finance a family member, this time her daughter. Speaking of California, many county sheriff’s departments have announced that they will not enforce the harsh ‘stay-at-home orders’ imposed across the state by Democratic Governor Gavin “The Smiler” Newsom, a corrupt, hypocritical politician who could be recalled by March 2021. Elsewhere, the Washington Post reports that U.S. intelligence agencies are NOT providing ‘President-elect Pro China Joe’ Biden with intelligence briefings. Why would they? The man is a tool of the Chi-Coms and did not win the 2020 Presidential Election fairly. Speaking of Beijing Biden, 222 GOP elected politicians will NOT call him, ‘president-elect.’
- 2020 Saturday B: The United Kingdom and the European Union are struggling to keep Brexit on course. In Somalia, the U.S. is on schedule to withdraw all forces and to redeploy them elsewhere. Meanwhile, Delta Airlines is going to monitor its passengers’ information when it comes to COVID-19, aka the Chi-Vi, and provide it to government authorities. Good reason NOT to fly Delta.
- 2020 Saturday C: Sidney Powell to Newsmax TV- there is plenty of time for President Trump to overturn the results of the fraudulent November 03, 2020, Presidential Election. Meanwhile, the U.S. imposes visa restrictions on more Chi-Com citizens which is good because their citizens entering the U.S. come her to spy for Beijing. Elsewhere, 11 California counties around the Bay Area plan to implement Governor Gavin “The Smiler” Newsom’s lockdown orders tonight and not later in the month. Other counties, however, have no plan to follow his Nazi-like ‘laws’ (Please see 2020 Saturday A). Finally, we learn that if Beijing Joe Biden somehow does become the nation’s next president, his inaugural ceremony and address will- in the style of Big Brother- be VIRTUAL.
- 2020 Saturday D: Here are the numbers for the Xi Jinping Bat Flu- Pelosi Pox, communist China’s gift to the world and a boon for Democrats who want to exercise their fascist skills in locking down people’s lives like California’s hypocritical snowflake Governor Gavin “The Smiler” Newsom: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 66,442,818 confirmed cases, +756,646, 1,527,209, confirmed deaths, +12,660, and 42,578,816 confirmed recoveries, +419,236. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 14,698,987 confirmed cases, UP 1235,058 from yesterday’s reporting, 284,339 confirmed deaths, UP 2,541, and 6,929,016 confirmed recoveries, UP 50,354.
- 2020 Saturday E: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 1,318,139 confirmed cases, 19,791 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 18,738 confirmed cases, 261 confirmed deaths, and no mention of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 182,758 confirmed cases, 3,062 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other state: Oregon currently, they have 81,441 confirmed cases, 1,004 confirmed deaths, and no mention of confirmed recoveries- we guess it is what it is. Let’s look at Israel’s stats now that Mo is living there: 343,826 confirmed cases, 2,909 confirmed deaths, and 327,749 confirmed recoveries.
- 2020 Saturday F: In Georgia, President Donald J. Trump holds a massive rally for the two Republican Senators David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, both fighting against far-left losers seeking to topple the country and put it onto the path of socialism. The crowd is ecstatic and wants truth instead of lies and demands their state’s governor and secretary of state do what the Constitution and the people of Georgia demand: investigate the fraudulent election and send criminals to prison.
- 2020 Saturday G: Stick around for tonight’s Super Lotto and Powerball drawings. First, here are the numbers for Super Lotto Draw #3514 with a jackpot of $13 million up for grabs: 01, 13, 30, 35, 40, and Mega 02. Out of 87,290 winning tickets, 10 people had FOUR numbers plus the Mega for a prize of $1,631 apiece. Next, here are the numbers for the Powerball Draw #800 with a jackpot of $243 million on the line: 03, 04, 06, 48, 53, and Power 10. Out of 91,394 winning tickets, the highest winners were 65 people who had four numbers for a prize of $370 apiece.
- 2021 Sunday: Stick around for the news of the day…
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0670 a 12” x 16” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Mountain Flowers.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day.
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Richard Thompson joined forces with Danny Thompson (the two are unrelated) to put out a concept album of sorts regarding the effects of industry upon England. Aptly titled, “Industry,” the album came out on February 15, 1997, and featured a varied group of accompanying musicians. Some names you will recognize while others, you may not. There are many choice tidbits on this effort which is why we encourage everyone to visit whatever site it is you do for the best in music such as Amazon, Discogs, AllMusic, even the record store (remember those?) as you will be glad you did. Seek it out- you will be glad you did. Enjoy.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 12-05-2021, all rights reserved. Data compiled with unreserved correctness by Moses Scharbug III. Note: we pay the estate of Beverly Carrick an annual fee by which, we can show her paintings to the world. We make NO money from the estate’s sales of her world-famous artworks. Total Word Count: 2,985. Chef Tiresias Helenus Grinikeodopuloposlus.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Beverly Carrick Cool Desert Landscapes, Buffalo Springfield, Jim Messina, Savoy Brown, Kim Simmonds, “Beggar’s Banquet” by the Rolling Stones, President Martin Van Buren, Vice President Martin Van Buren, U.S. Secretary of State Martin Van Buren, President Franklin Pierce, U.S. Treasury Secretary James Guthrie, President Donald J. Trump, Senator David Perdue, Senator Kelly Loeffler, U.S. Attorney-General Caesar Augustus Rodney, President Thomas Jefferson, COVID-19, Chi-Vi- the, The ‘VID, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, China Virus, China Virus Crisis, Yellow Fever 2019-2021, Communist China Condition, Kung Flu- The, Wuhan Waltz- The, BIG C-19- The, Wuhan Whoopie- The, COVID-19 Mandates, Pelosi Pox- The, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Hubei Hooey- The, Xi Jinping’s Bat Fu Yuk, Communist Killer Virus 2019-2021 and Onward, California Lottery, California Lottery Results, Powerball, Powerball Draw #800, Super Lotto, Super Lotto Draw #3514, Richard Thompson, Chef Tiresias Helenus Grinikeodopuloposlus,
TODAY IN HISTORY, SUNDAY DECEMBER 05, 2021, BLOG POST #4,290
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR
Saturday, December 05, 2020, Today in History Blog Post:
This time around, everyone is curious to know WHO the unseen hand behind Joe Biden was- most of us do not believe he won the nomination, much less the White House, on his own
Saturday, December 05, 2020, Today in History:
We feel compelled to share with our new readers that we are an OPINION SITE and not a NEWS SITE although we do report the news. If anything, we are big history buffs which is why we have been going strong since early 2009…
Sunday, December 05, 2021:
[i] If we are still alive and doing this blog in 20 years or so, we will present the music of the classic composers as without them, there would be NO civilization, only ISIS-like hell.
[ii] We began presenting the music of this famous British blues-rock band beginning on Friday, 28-January-2011 through 28-February-2011. We hope you will seek the music of Savoy Brown out and consider adding it to your collection.
[iii] We promoted the music of Buffalo Springfield beginning on Saturday, 17-November-2012 through Saturday, 24-November-2012. We hope you will seek this music out and consider adding it to your collection. You will be glad you did.
[iv] Yes, we hope to promote the music of Loggins and Messina one day. Not sure when.
[v] We began promoting the music of the Rolling Stones and of its individual members beginning on Tuesday, 22-March-2016 through Sunday, 28-August-2016.
[vi] “Beggar’s Banquet” by the Rolling Stones appeared at the blog on Sunday, 03-April-2016.
[vii] However, after a series of back-and-forth court rulings, Knox and Sollecito were definitively acquitted in 2015 by Italy’s highest court.
[viii] Congressman Conyers has been accused of groping office staffers, improper comments on the physical attributes of staffers, and of walking around his office in his boxer shorts with the old Slim Jim dangling out of them.
WE THANK EVERYONE FOR JOINING US AT WORDPRESS.COM AND FOR AIDING US IN CONTINUING TO DO THE WORK WE TOOK UPON OURSELVES MORE THAN A DECADE AGO
FOLKS, JOE HAS GOT TO GO- NOW!