Arvin, CA 93203
Contact Me: rcd32MontanaQ1@gmail.com
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
FALL SESSION 2021
BLOG POST #4,260 AT THE AICP-END
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 357
DAY THREE HUNDRED-AND-FIVE OF THE BIDEN REGIME
324. TODAY IN HISTORY—SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2021:
President (and Vice President) Joe Biden; U.S. Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy; U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice William Henry Moody; Acting U.S. Secretary of Defense Christopher C. Miller, U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld; “El Caudillo” Francisco Franco; the Allman Brothers Band featuring Duane Allman, the Eagles and the James Gang featuring Joe Walsh, Mahogany Rush featuring Frank Marino, and Norman Greenbaum:
- 1272 Sunday: Nobles proclaim Edward I king of England.
- 1521 Sunday: Arabs in Jerusalem proclaim the shortage of water in the city is due to the Jews making wine.
- 1620 Friday: Peregrine White was born aboard the Mayflower in Massachusetts Bay; he was the first child born of English parents in present-day New England.
- 1789 Friday: New Jersey becomes the first state to ratify the Bill of Rights.
- 1795 Friday: The government of Curacao forbids slaves to work on Sunday, the Sabbath.
- 1815 Monday: Russia, Prussia, Austria, and England sign the Grand Alliance.
- 1818 Friday: Simon Bolivar formally declared Venezuela independent from Spain.
- 1862 Thursday: The Confederate Army of Tennessee organizes under General Braxton Bragg—this is the merger of the Armies of Mississippi and Kentucky.
- 1865 Monday: Howard University begins organizing in Washington, D.C.
- 1873 Thursday: The rival cities of Buda and Pest unite to form the capital city of Hungary.
- 1901 Wednesday: The second Hay-Pauncefoot Treaty provided for the construction of the Panama Canal by the United States.
- 1910 Sunday: The 60th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice William Henry Moody retired from the high court on this date. A Republican, President Theodore Roosevelt nominated Moody to fill the seat of Henry Brown. He served from December 12, 1906, until today. Meanwhile, the Mexican Revolution of 1910 had its beginnings under the Plan of San Luis Potosi issued by Francisco I. Madero.
- 1914 Friday: The United States State Department begins requiring photos on all passports.
- 1917 Tuesday: During World War I, the first tank battle takes place on the Western Front as British tanks smash through German lines; however, the Germans would regroup and beat off the attack.
- 1920 Saturday: Woodrow Wilson receives the Nobel Peace Prize for his part in ending World War I.
- 1923 Tuesday: In Brookline, Massachusetts, future 64th U.S. Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy is born on this date. A future Democrat, he would serve under his brother, President John F. Kennedy, from January 21, 1961, to September 03, 1964, (and later became a New York senator).
- 1940 Wednesday: Hungary joins the Three-Power Pact as an affiliated partner (with fellow Axis allies Germany, Japan, and Italy and before their hereditary enemies, Rumania did).
- 1942 Friday: The Soviet Winter Offensive continues as 1 million Russians breach Axis lines on the Eastern Front. The Rumanians were already crumbling north of Stalingrad while the second phase of Operation Uranus saw two fresh armies under the command of General Yeremenko launched attacks against the Rumanians south of the city. By nightfall, his armies had torn a 30-mile gap in the Axis lines while the northern sector saw a hole 50 miles wide. The Russians had bagged 10,000 Rumanian prisoners already. Meanwhile, the British 8th Army recaptures Benghazi, Libya, from the combined Afrika Korps-Italian army forces fighting there. Finally, future Democrat senator and 47th vice-president of the United States, 2009-2017, Joseph R. Biden, is born on this date in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
- 1943 Saturday: U.S. forces begin landing on the Tarawa and Makin Atolls in the Gilbert Islands during World War II.
- 1945 Tuesday: 24 European Axis leaders go on trial at Nuremburg[i], Germany, for their roles in World War II. Meanwhile, Norman Greenbaum—the man who wrote “Spirit in the Sky”—is born on this date in Malden, Massachusetts.
- 1946 Wednesday: Future slide guitarist with the Allman Brothers Band[ii]—Duane Allman—is born in Nashville, Tennessee, on this date.
- 1947 Thursday: Britain’s future queen, Princess Elizabeth, married Philip Mountbatten, Duke of Edinburgh at Westminster Abbey. Elsewhere, Joe Walsh—future guitarist/vocalist with the James Gang[iii], the Eagles[iv], and as a solo artist—is born in Wichita, Kansas, on this date.
- 1949 Sunday: The Jewish population of Israel hits 1,000,000 on today’s date.
- 1954 Saturday: In Quebec, Montreal, Canada, future guitarist and vocalist of the rock band, Mahogany Rush[v]– Frank Marino- is born. The rumor has it that when he was a young man and on an acid trip, Jimi Hendrix[vi] appeared to him and urged him to pick up the guitar and carry on in his stead and so Frank Marino did. God bless him. Someone had to reach for the great Jimi’s mantel.
- 1959 Friday: The United Nations issued its Declaration of the Rights of the Child.
- 1962 Tuesday: President John F. Kennedy held a news conference in which he announced the end of the naval quarantine of Cuba imposed during the missile crisis, and the signing of an executive order prohibiting discrimination in federal housing facilities. Meanwhile, Major League Baseball named Mickey Mantle the American League’s Most Valuable Player for the third time.
- 1966 Sunday: The musical play, “Cabaret,” set in pre-Nazi Germany, opened on Broadway with Jill Hayworth as Sally Bowles and Joel Grey as the master of ceremonies.
- 1967 Monday: The U.S. Census Bureau’s Population Clock at the Commerce Department ticked past 200 million.
- 1969 Thursday: The Nixon Administration announced a halt to residential use of the pesticide DDT as part of a total phase-out. A group of American Indian activists began a 19-month occupation of Alcatraz Island in San Francisco Bay.
- 1970 Friday: The United Nations General Assembly accepts the People’s Republic of China as a member. This single act would put the Chi-Coms onto a trajectory of stealing industries and jobs while casting Taiwan out- a founding member of the UN and an original seat on the UN Security Council. Decades later, President Donald J. Trump would try to reverse this horrendous mistake.
- 1975 Thursday: Governor Ronald Reagan announces his intention to seek the Republican nomination for president and plans to challenge President Gerald R. Ford. Next, the 13th U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld assumes his position on this date. A Republican, he served under President Gerald R. Ford from November 20, 1975, to January 20, 1977.[vii] Elsewhere, in Spain, after nearly four decades of absolute rule, Generalissimo Francisco Franco died, two weeks before his 83rd birthday. Franco was a secondary member of the Axis during World War II and Fascist Spain contributed troops to fight on the Eastern Front with their Nazi allies.
- 1977 Sunday: Egyptian President Anwar Sadat becomes the first Arab leader to address the Israeli Knesset.
- 1980 Thursday: An oilrig on Lake Pigneur on Jefferson Island, Louisiana, pierced the top of the salt dome beneath the island. Within a few hours, the freshwater lake drained completely, which caused the Delcambre Canal to reverse flow. Two days later, the previous freshwater lake became a 1,300-foot-deep saltwater lake.
- 1984 Tuesday: The first version of Microsoft Windows operating system, Windows 1.0, was officially released.
- 1985 Wednesday: The first version of Microsoft’s Windows operating system, Windows 1.0 underwent official release.
- 1986 Thursday: Dr. Halfdan Maher, the director of the World Health Organization, announced the first coordinated global effort to fight the disease AIDS. Meanwhile, the one-billionth Little Golden Book underwent printing. The title was “The Poky Little Puppy.”
- 1989 Monday: Over 200,000 people rallied peacefully in Prague, Czechoslovakia, demanding democratic reforms since the Soviet Union’s hold on Eastern Europe was beginning to fracture.
- 1990 Tuesday: The space shuttle Atlantis landed at Cape Canaveral, Florida, after completing a secret military mission.
- 1992 Friday: Fire seriously damaged Windsor Castle in the United Kingdom.
- 1993 Saturday: The Senate of the United States passed the Brady Bill and legislation implementing NAFTA, (something President Donald Trump plans to overturn following the 2016 inauguration).
- 1995 Monday: In a television interview, Princess Diana admits she cheated on husband Prince Charles who was cheating on her.
- 1998 Friday: Forty-six states agreed to a $206 billion settlement of health claims against the tobacco industry. The industry also agreed to give up billboard advertising of cigarettes.
- 2000 Monday: Lawyers for Vice President Al Gore and Governor George W. Bush battled before the Florida Supreme Court over whether the presidential election recount should be allowed to continue, the same counties that would cause the same trouble in the 2018 Mid-Term Elections were involved in this mess as they tried to steal the election for Mr. Gore.
- 2003 Thursday: Islamists bomb the British Embassy and a bank in Istanbul, killing 27 Westerners. Meanwhile, Michael Jackson underwent booking on suspicion of child molestation in Santa Barbara; however, a jury acquitted him of all charges later at his trial.
- 2008 Thursday: The S & P Index falls to its lowest point in 11 years. Meanwhile, U.S. jobless claims jump to highest point in 16 years. In response to this Democratic Party-engineered crisis, Citigroup considers selling itself off to the highest bidder. Look at what the election of Barack Hussein Obama and his sidekick “Pro-China Joe” Biden has done to the country.
- 2009 Friday: An ethnic conflict regarding fishing rights in the Democratic Republic of the Congo kills at least 100 and displaces at least 50,000 people.
- 2010 Saturday: NATO reaches an agreement with Afghanistan to begin handing over the nation’s security to its armed forces by 2014.
- 2011 Sunday: Voters in Spain go to the polls in their nation’s general election; the center-right Popular Party wins a majority in Parliament.
- 2012 Tuesday: According to the United Nations World Meteorological Organization, greenhouse gases reached record levels in 2011.
- 2013 Wednesday: The General Synod of the Church of England takes a vote on legislation proposed within the body, which would allow women to become bishops and it passes.
- 2014 Thursday: After the United Nations suggests that North Korean officials go on trial for all sorts of crimes against humanity—mostly committed by the boy-dictator Kim Jung-un, nuclear monitors detect action in a North Korean reactor and officials there threaten to reboot their nuclear weapons program.
- 2015 Friday: Forty three-year old actress Sofia Vergara ‘weds 38-year-old actress Joe Manganiello on this date. Meanwhile, Belgium imposes a security lockdown on the nation as authorities in France and Belgium continue searching for the jihadist scum that murdered numerous people in a Paris nightclub and on a public street in the city.
- 2016 Sunday: In India, a train mishap near Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, results in the loss of 146 lives and countless more injured.
- 2017 Monday: Many are speculating that President Donald J. Trump has defied the Deep State by ‘flipping’ Robert S. Mueller III, special counsel digging into ‘Trump-Russia collusion.’ The deeper Mueller and his team of anti-Trump hacks digs, the more they see Hillary Clinton implicated into dealing with the Russians by selling off a good portion of the nation’s uranium supply. We shall see where this leads…
- 2018 Tuesday: Following Saudi Arabia’s murder of Saudi American journalist Jamal Khashoggi, President Trump announces he believes the Saudi’s version of events which leads RINO and Democratic Party anti-Trumpers to go berserk, outraged over his defending of a staunch Middle Eastern ally. Speaking of Saudi Arabia, the human rights group, Save the Children,’ alleges that Saudi Arabia is responsible for the starvation deaths of at least 85,000 Yemeni children. The Houthi rebels should stand down and quit trying to force the country to become pro-Iranian.
- 2019 Wednesday: As the impeachment inquiry of President Donald J. Trump being conducted by House Intel Committee Chairman Adam Schiff and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, one devoid of any sort of shame on their part continues, former U.S. ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland appeared before Schiff and the committee in the morning. In the afternoon, Laura Cooper, former Defense Dept. official and David Hale, former State Dept. official appear. Like everyone else, no one could point to the impeachable offense(s) committed by the president. No matter how much the grand inquisitor “Lying” Adam Schiff attempted to insert words into their mouths, they could point to NOTHING.
- 2020 Friday: Never-Trumpers are now worried that Trump Republicans of whom there are tens of millions won’t show up to vote for either Senator David Purdue or for Kelly Loeffler after blasting them as racists, haters, homophobes, bigots, Islamophobes, transphobes, scumbags, stupid, backwards, vile, and worthless, deplorable POS. This is a tough one; however, YOU RINOS made your frigging bed, now sleep in the damned thing. It appears that the Democrats are going to win so perhaps they should win. IF you won’t support a president who has done all the things you claim to want and to support, then millions of Trump voters say, “Screw you.” Time for a strong third party.
- 2020 Friday A: Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin urges Congress to unlock $580 billion of unused COVID-19 stimulus relief monies to help the American people remain somewhat solvent. Elsewhere, the World Health Organization advises people NOT to use Remdesivir to treat the Xi Jinping Bat Flu. Like hydroxychloroquine, it seems to work extremely well in combatting the Chinese Virus yet the W.H.O. doesn’t want people using it. Meanwhile, various state governors continue increasing their Chi Vi restrictions such as in California which now has a 10:00 P.M. to 5:00 A.M. curfew to stop the virus spread. Is the virus only virulent between those hours? Remains to be seen. Finally, Georgia announces that “Pro-China Joe” Biden and his sidekick, “Kooky Kamala” Harris have won the state, the first time a Democrat has won the Peach State in 30 years, by a margin of 12,000 votes. It is what it is…
- 2020 Friday B: Folks, here are the numbers for the Xi Jinping Bat Flu- Pelosi Pox: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 57,369,049 confirmed cases, +929,805, 1,368,746, confirmed deaths, +15,971, and 36,706,250 confirmed recoveries, +415,170. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 11,934,455 confirmed cases, up 189,962 from yesterday’s reporting, 257,309 confirmed deaths, UP 1,919, and 6,155,250 confirmed recoveries, UP 31,386. Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 1,087,464 confirmed cases, 18,573 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 16,917 confirmed cases, 223 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 145,255 confirmed cases, 2,723 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 327,049 confirmed cases, 2,742 confirmed deaths, and 315,930 confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other state: South Carolina- currently, they have 203,161 confirmed cases, 4,231 confirmed deaths, and NO mention of confirmed recoveries. It is what it is, it seems to be going against the norm to provide the recovery numbers; what is up with that?
- 2020 Friday C: Here are the stats for today’s Stock Market closes: first the DOW Jones Industrial Average, 29,263.48, DOWN 219.75 points (-0.75%). Next, here are the stats for the NASDAQ: 11,858.97, DOWN 49.74 points (-0.42%). Finally, here are the numbers for the S&P 500: 3,557.54, DOWN 24.33 points (-0.68%). Price of GOLD: $1,869.60 per troy oz., -2.80 (-0.15%) Here is the price of SILVER: $24.22 per troy oz., -0.138 (-0.57%). Price of PLATINUM: $952.40 per troy oz., -4.80 (-0.50%). Price of PALLADIUM: $2,340.90 per troy oz., +4.40 (+0.19%). Here is the price of COPPER: $3.29 per #, +0.002 (+0.06%). Price of Light Sweet Crude Oil per barrel: $42.47, +0.05 (+0.12%). Today, one-dollar U.S. = 6.56 PRC yuan whereas one U.S. greenback = 0.84 euros. Just for a lark, $1 U.S. = 76.89 Afghan afghani.
- 2020 Friday D: A mass shooting occurs at the Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. At least eight people were shot but reports suggest none of the victims was in a life-threatening situation. At least 75 police officers are scouring the area seeking the shooter. The Milwaukee division of the FBI also is on scene to aid in any manner in which, the feds can. Meanwhile, GOP Senators Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, and Mitt Romney say they will ‘vote’ to confirm ‘President-elect Pro-China Joe’ Biden’s cabinet picks. Elsewhere, a 2-1 ruling by the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals struck down a ruling in the Florida city of Boca Raton and of Palm Beach County that prevents therapists from offering conversion therapy to children struggling with sexual orientation or gender confusion. Good for them.
- 2020 Friday E: President Donald J. Trump announced today a dramatic lowering in the prices of prescription drugs. The costs of insulin could be reduced by thousands of dollars per year which would benefit all diabetic patients enormously. Elsewhere, efforts to recall California Governor Gavin “The Smiler” Newsom have been granted a 120-day extension until March 17, 2021. Meanwhile, Harvard Law School professors sign a petition demanding any lawyer who did or continues doing work on behalf of President Donald J. Trump must go to a reeducation center so they can be cleansed. Wow. WTF is going on in the United States. Finally, we learn that Democratic Party U.S. Senate candidate Jon Ossoff- seeking to oust Senator David Purdue- works for a Chi-Com owned company and derives his living from money paid to him by the Chinese Communist Party while his counterpart- Reverend Raphael Warnock- seeking the other U.S. Senate seat currently held by Sen. Kelly Loeffler is an unapologetic black racist and communist.
- 2020 Friday F: Here are the numbers for tonight’s Mega Millions Draw #1609 with a jackpot of $198 million at stake: 26, 33, 45, 61, 68, and Mega 17. The highest winners were 49 people who had FOUR numbers for a prize of $441 apiece.
- 2020 Friday G: 27.1st Acting U.S. Secretary of Defense Christopher C. Miller assumed his position on this date, serving under President Donald J. Trump. Previously the head of the National Counterterrorism Center, the Republican assumed the role following the firing of his predecessor, Mark Esper. Secretary Miller would serve from today until January 20, 2021.
- 2021 Saturday: Stick around…
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0655 a 30” x 40” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Flight of the Gulls.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day.
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
The next album by Fairport Convention- “In Real Time: Live’ 87”- (December 21, 1987)- we have down as a live album albeit sleight of hand in that it’s a live studio recording with crowd noises added later. We have seen other bands do this and at times it works whereas at others, it doesn’t. This one is rather in the middle, good collection of tunes but label it ‘raw in the studio.’ Ah, well, it still is worth ownership by you. On the album are the following musicians: (1) Maartin Allcock (numerous stringed instruments, keyboards, and vocals) (2) Dave Pegg (basses, guitars, and vocals) (3) Ric Sanders (violins) (4) Simon Nichol (guitars, vocals), and (5) Dave Mattacks (drums, percussion, and keyboards). If you are interested, seek it out and if not, oh, well, there are loads of other albums to pick up by the band and enjoy. We thank you for giving us the chance to promote it to you.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 11-20-2020, all rights reserved. Data compiled with unreserved correctness by Moses Scharbug III. Note: we pay the estate of Beverly Carrick an annual fee by which, we can show her paintings to the world. We make NO money from the estate’s sales of her world-famous artworks. Total Word Count: 3,269. Chef Roland Carl Davis.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Beverly Carrick Fiery Sunset Seascapes, The Allman Brothers Band, Duane Allman, Joe Walsh, The James Gang, The Eagles, Norman Greenbaum, “Spirit in the Sky”, Mahogany Rush, Frank Marino, Generalissimo “El Caudillo” Francisco Franco, Vice President Joseph R. Biden, President John F. Kennedy, U.S. Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy, President Theodore Roosevelt, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice William Henry Moody, President Gerald R. Ford, U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, President Donald J. Trump, Acting U.S. Secretary of Defense Christopher C. Miller, Stalingrad, COVID-19, Chi-Vi- the, The ‘VID, Wuhan Virus, Wuhan Virus Crisis, China Virus, China Virus Crisis, Yellow Fever 2019-2021, Communist China Condition, Kung Flu- The, Wuhan Waltz- The, BIG C-19- The, Wuhan Whoopie- The, COVID-19 Mandates, Pelosi Pox- The, Wuhan Meat Market Malady, Hubei Hooey- The, DOW Jones Industrial Average, S & P 500, NASDAQ, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Copper, Palladium, Precious and Rare Metals, Light Sweet Crude Oil, U.S. Monetary Conversions, Monetary Conversions of the Day, European Union Euros, Afghan Afghani, Chinese Yuan, California Lottery, California Lottery Results, Mega Millions, Mega Millions Draw #1609, Fairport Convention, Chef Roland Carl Davis,
TODAY IN HISTORY, SATURDAY NOVEMBER 20, 2021, BLOG POST #4,260
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Friday, November 20, 2020, Today in History Blog Post:
The 45th president has driven all the rats to vacate the shadows and to enter the light- Democrats, RINOs, socialists-communists, the Fake News Media, even the Chi-Coms and the Canucks- wow!
Friday, November 20, 2020, Today in History:
We feel compelled to share with our new readers that we are an OPINION SITE and not a NEWS SITE although we do report the news. If anything, we are big history buffs which is why we have been going strong since early 2009…
Saturday, November 20, 2021:
[i] Almost a year later, the International Military Tribunal sentenced 12 of the defendants to death; seven received prison sentences ranging from 10 years to life; and three were acquitted.
[ii] When we present the music of the Allman Brothers Band, we will present the music of Gov’t Mule. Stay tuned for further developments.
[iii] We promoted the music of the James Gang beginning on Saturday, 11-August-2012 through Monday, 27-August-2012. We did not do the solo discography of Joe Walsh at the time but when we arrive at the Eagles, we most certainly will.
[iv] See previous footnote.
[v] Not sure as to when we will get around to Mahogany Rush but we hope to do so within the next 10-15 years. Stick around.
[vi] We began promoting the music of the Jimi Hendrix Experience and Jimi Hendrix on Sunday, 22-December-2013 through Thursday, 16-January-2014. Please check the albums out, you will enjoy them.
[vii] Secretary Rumsfeld would serve in this role again as the 21st U.S. Secretary of Defense under President George W. Bush from January 20, 2001, to December 18, 2006, when the war in Iraq’s ongoing failure would force him from office.
WE THANK EVERYONE FOR JOINING US AT WORDPRESS.COM AND FOR AIDING US IN CONTINUING TO DO THE WORK WE TOOK UPON OURSELVES MORE THAN A DECADE AGO
FOLKS, LET’S GIVE JOE A CHANCE!