TODAY IN HISTORY
Your host for the week of August 16-22, 2021: Chef Hector Santanamos “El Chilote” Del Soto, ACF-CEC
Shafter, CA 93263
Contact Me: firstname.lastname@example.org
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
SUMMER SESSION 2021
BLOG POST #4,105 AT THE AICP-END
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 452
DAY TWO-HUNDRED-AND-TEN OF THE BIDEN REGIME
229. TODAY IN HISTORY—TUESDAY, AUGUST 17, 2021:
U.S. Secretary of the Treasury William M. Meredith; Nazi Deputy Fuhrer Rudolph Hess; Vice President Al Gore; President Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky; Boston featuring Sid Hashian and Guns ‘N’ Roses featuring Gilby Clarke:
- 682 Thursday: St. Leo II begins his reign as the 80th Roman Catholic Pope. He would serve until July 03, 683.
- 1585 Saturday: After an 8-month siege by the Duke of Parma, the city of Antwerp surrenders to the army of the duke.
- 1787 Thursday: In Budapest, Hungary, Jews win the right to pray in groups.
- 1790 Tuesday: The capital of the United States moves to Philadelphia from New York City.
- 1807 Monday: Robert Fulton’s North River steamboat began heading up the Hudson River on its successful roundtrip between New York and Albany.
- 1808 Wednesday: Napoleon Bonaparte asks King Louis for a brigade for his army heading to invade Spain.
- 1815 Thursday: Upon his arrival at the island of St. Helena, Napoleon Bonaparte commenced serving his exile, one the Allies imposed upon him following his defeat at the Battle of Waterloo.
- 1836 Wednesday: The British Parliament passes an act calling for registration of marriages and the recording of births and deaths.
- 1859 Wednesday: For the first time in history, a gentleman named John Wise used a hot-air balloon to carry mail. He shoved off from Lafayette, Indiana, for New York City carrying one hundred letters. However, he had to land after only traveling twenty-seven miles. So much for the first attempt to deliver mail by air.
- 1863 Monday: Federal batteries and ships began bombarding Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor during the Civil War, but the Confederates managed to hold on despite several days of pounding.
- 1873 Sunday: In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the 19thS. Secretary of the Treasury William M. Meredith died at age 73. First a Federalist, then a Whig, and finally a Republican, he served under Presidents Zachary Taylor and Millard Fillmore from March 08, 1849, to July 22, 1850.
- 1896 Monday: The Klondike gold rush commences when George Carmack discovers gold on Rabbit Creek in Alaska.
- 1903 Monday: Joseph Pulitzer donated $1 million to Columbia University. This commenced the Pulitzer Prize, an award in his name.
- 1915 Tuesday: After the governor commuted his death sentence to life imprisonment, a mob in Cobb County, Georgia, lynched Jewish businessperson Leo Frank for the murder of 13-year-old Mary Phagan. However, in 1986, the State of Georgia pardoned Frank, who had maintained his innocence throughout his ordeal. Meanwhile on the Eastern Front, German troops overrun the city of Kovono, Lithuania. Finally, Charles F. Kettering received a patent for the first electric ignition device for automobiles which eliminates the need for hand-cranking.
- 1916 Thursday: Bulgaria, part of the Central Powers, launches an invasion of Macedonia.
- 1917 Friday: Italy declares war on Germany and Turkey.
- 1918 Saturday: Ottoman Turkish troops overrun the Caucasus. However, Russian forces would counterattack them.
- 1939 Thursday: The movie, “Wizard of Oz,” premiered in New York after having premiered in Hollywood on August 15.
- 1940 Saturday: Adolf Hitler orders a total blockade of Great Britain—nothing in or out.
- 1942 Monday: U.S. 8th Air Force bombers attacked German forces in Rouen, France. Meanwhile, U.S. Marines raided a Japanese seaplane base on Makin Island.
- 1943 Tuesday: During World War II, the Allies completed the conquest of Sicily as U.S. and British forces entered Messina. Meanwhile, the air war over Germany is not going well for the Allies as the Germans defending the cities of Regensburg and Schweinfurt shoot down sixty B-17 bombers.
- 1944 Thursday: The Red Army arrives on the border of East Prussia and Austria. On the Western Front, Adolf Hitler sends Field Marshal Walter Model to replace Valkyrie conspirator Field Marshal Gunther von Kluge. Two days later, von Kluge would take potassium cyanide.
- 1945 Friday: Indonesia declares its independence from the Netherlands.
- 1949 Wednesday: The future original drummer with the rock band, Boston[i]—Sid Hashian—is born on this date in Boston, Massachusetts.
- 1960 Wednesday: Indonesia severs diplomatic relations with the Netherlands.
- 1961 Thursday: The communist East German government completed the construction of the Berlin Wall.
- 1962 Friday: Future member of the Los Angeles, California-based rock band, Guns ‘N’ Roses[ii] -Gilby Clarke (rhythm guitar, backing vocals 1991-1994)- is born in Cleveland, Ohio, on this date.
- 1969 Sunday: The third day of the Woodstock Music and Arts Fair[iii] begins at 2:00 in the afternoon. Throughout the day, rainstorms blasted through the area while Hurricane Camille slammed into the Mississippi coast as a Category-r storm. The authorities would later blame the storm for 256 U.S. deaths as well as three in Cuba.
- 1978 Thursday: The first successful trans-Atlantic balloon flight ended as Maxie Anderson, Ben Abruzzo and Larry Newman landed their Double Eagle II outside Paris, France.
- 1982 Tuesday: The U.S. Senate approved an immigration bill that granted permanent resident status to illegal aliens who had arrived in the U.S. before 1977. Meanwhile, the first commercially produced compact discs, a recording of “The Visitors” by ABBA, underwent pressing at a Philips factory near Hanover, West Germany, on this date.
- 1983 Wednesday: Lyricist Ira Gershwin died in Beverly Hills at age 86.
- 1985 Saturday: More than 1,400 meatpackers walked off the job at the George A. Hormel and Company’s main plant in Austin, Minnesota, in a bitter strike that lasted just over a year.
- 1987 Monday: Rudolf Hess, the last member of Adolf Hitler’s inner circle, died in Spandau Prison at age 93, an apparent suicide. Meanwhile, Ring Magazine elected Muhammad Ali to its “Boxing Hall of Fame.” Finally, the DOW Jones Industrial Average closed above 2,700 for the first time.
- 1988 Wednesday: Pakistani President Mohammad Zia ul-Haq and U.S. Ambassador Arnold Raphel lost their lives in a mysterious plane crash.
- 1996 Saturday: The Reform Party announced it had selected Ross Perot to be its first-ever presidential nominee, opting for the third-party’s founder over challenger Richard Lamm.
- 1998 Monday: President Bill Clinton gave grand jury testimony via closed-circuit television from the White House concerning his relationship with Monica Lewinsky; he then delivered a TV address in which, he denied previously committing perjury, admitted his relationship with Lewinsky was “wrong,” and criticized Kenneth Starr’s “investigation.” Elsewhere, NationsBank and BankAmerica merge to form the largest U.S. bank.
- 1999 Tuesday: More than 17,000 people died when a magnitude 7.4 earthquake struck Turkey on this date.
- 2000 Thursday: The Democrat Party nominates Vice President Al Gore for the presidential nomination for the upcoming elections.
- 2011 Wednesday: After Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez announces that his nation is going to nationalize its gold-mining industry, the worldwide prices of gold skyrocket almost overnight[iv].
- 2012 Friday: The uncle of North Korean leader Kim Jung-un, Jang Song-thank, meets Hu Jintao, the president of China.
- 2013 Saturday: The Indian rupee falls to 65.85 rupees to the U.S. dollar, which sets a new low record for India’s currency.
- 2014 Sunday: With help from U.S. and allied air strikes, the Kurdish Peshmerga reclaims a part of the Mosul dam in Iraq, which had been in the hands of ISIS aka Da’ish fighters for several months.
- 2015 Monday: According to Brainy History, the U.S. Internal Revenue Service reveals that hackers who stole taxpayer data in May had accessed additional databases, adding 220,000 to the previous estimate of 114,000 taxpayers who have had their information compromised.
- 2016 Wednesday: As floodwaters in Louisiana begin to recede, the body count hits thirteen dead and more than 4,000 Americans homeless and displaced.
- 2017 Thursday: A van plowed through pedestrians along a packed promenade in the Spanish city of Barcelona, killing thirteen people and injuring 120. A 14th victim died of injuries later. Islamist hoodlums stab another man to death in carjacking that night as the van driver made a getaway, and a woman died early the following day in a vehicle-and-knife attack in a nearby coastal town. The police shot six suspects in the Islamist attacks dead; two more died when a bomb workshop blew up. All were jihadists so it is good all lost their lives in the mayhem. Finally, the Chi-Coms seek out, arrest, and jail three Hong Kong freedom fighters: Alex Chow, Nathan Law, and Jason Wong. FREE THEM!
- 2018 Friday: Twenty-four hours after President Donald J. Trump revoked the security clearance of “former communist” Obama era CIA Director John Brennan, the ousted Deep State apparatchik penned an opinion piece in the New York Times entitled, “President Trump’s Claims of No Collusion are Hogwash.” What an angry POS. Like a pit bull attacking another dog, this scumbag cannot let go of the Obama administration’s dastardly set-up of Trump and the people around him in order to destroy his presidency. Meanwhile, the House Oversight Committee’s ranking member Congressman Elijah Cummings demanded an ‘explanation’ from President Trump for revoking Brennan’s security clearance. Still waiting, we think.
- 2019 Saturday: ISIS scumbags attack a wedding party in Kabul, Afghanistan, killing sixty-three people outright and injuring another 200-plus people. Folks, it is high time to begin capturing and stringing up EVERY remaining member of ISIS and leaving their bodies for the crows.
- 2020 Monday: Word is now out that New York City- under the watchful eye of Mayor Bill Di Blasio- pot-smoking, Marxist mayor- is on the brink of permanent decline thanks to the mismanagement of both Mayor Bill Di Blasio and Governor Andrew “I’m a Moron” Cuomo- both Democrats. Currently, there are 13,177 vacant apartments in the city, a 177-percent increase over last year compiled with a drop of 23-percent of new lease signings. In the past weekend of violence, thugs shot fifty-one people and four killed (76 people shot during the entire week) and no one seems to care. Business owners boarded up their storefronts, residents fled to other states, and the duplicitous Democrats seem not to care. Meanwhile, over the weekend, gangbanging ruffians shot sixty-four people and killed at least five in Chicago. The time is NOW to charge these Blue State governors and Blue City mayors with DERELICTION OF DUTY. They must face federal charges and prison time for their criminal neglect and felonious mismanagement of their locales. Elsewhere, Nancy Pelosi calls for Congress to reconvene to pass an emergency bill to fund the USPS but not to help the tens of millions of Americans affected by the Chinese Bat Flu Virus. Shame on her! Finally, President Donald J. Trump- on the way out to stump across America while the Democrats commence their national convention via Zoom and Skype authorizes aid for Iowa, ravaged by violent storms over the previous week.
- 2020 Monday A: Rush Limbaugh- on his radio show today- shared the news that many countries around the world are using hydroxychloroquine behind the scenes to combat the Xi Jinping Bat Flu. He pointed out that the African nation of Uganda is a big-time user of hydroxychloroquine to fight endemic malaria. Here are their number of confirmed cases of the Wuhan Virus: 1,500, 13 confirmed deaths, and 1,142 confirmed recoveries. Leftist Democrats, what flipping more proof do you criminal scumbags require to know that Plaquenil is great for fighting this disease? Enough is enough! Give everyone hydroxychloroquine NOW!
- 2020 Tuesday B: At the Democratic Convention, here is the lineup for speakers for TONIGHT: former First Lady Michelle Obama, Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-VT, Sen. Doug Jones, D-AL, Rep. Gwen Moore, D-WI, Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-MS, Rep. Jim Clyburn, D-SC, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, D-MI, Gov. Andrew “I’m a Moron” Cuomo, D-NY, Sen. Catherine Cortez-Masto, D-NV, Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-MN, former 2016 presidential candidate and Gov. John Kasich, OH, and former Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman. What a lineup! Interesting note: we heard through the grapevine that Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is backing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s Democrat challenger- Shahid Buttar, another Democrat- in the November Elections. Mr. Buttar is a Muslim lawyer, a person who graduated from Stanford Law School in 2003. Boy, that takes some balls (for AOC, that is. This is what Pelosi gets for giving the former Sandy Cortez 60 seconds to speak at the DNC Convention! My-my!).
- 2020 Monday C: Here are today’s Chi-Com Bat Flu Statistics for the globe: 21,739,501 confirmed cases, +259,390, 776,241 confirmed deaths, +4,723, and 13,702,873 confirmed recoveries, +240,708. Here are the numbers for the United States: 5,488,763 confirmed cases, UP by 51,751 new cases, 172,146 confirmed deaths, UP by 720 new deaths, and 2,763,139 confirmed recoveries, UP by 19,545 new recoveries. Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day employs chef-authors, California, Hawaii, and Washington, here are the stats, Golden State first: 628,031 confirmed cases, 11,242 confirmed deaths, but as is the norm, NO mention of confirmed recoveries. Next, here are the stats for the Aloha State: 5,042 confirmed cases, forty confirmed deaths, and 1,841 confirmed recoveries. Finally, in the Ever-Red, uh, we mean, the Evergreen State, here are the stats: 67,461 confirmed cases, 1,781 confirmed deaths, but like California, the slope-headed governor, Jay Inslee, will not share the number of confirmed recoveries. Shame on these flipping Democrats.
- 2020 Monday D: Here are today’s Stock Market closes: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 27,844.91, DOWN 86.11 points (-0.31%). Next, the NASDAQ: 11,129.73, UP 110.42 points (+1.00%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 3,381.99, UP 9.14 points (+0.27%). Currently, GOLD is at $1,993.70 per troy oz., DOWN -5.00 (-0.25%), SILVER is at $27.62 per troy oz., DOWN 0.052 (-0.19%), PLATINUM $968.90 per troy oz. UP +1.30 (+0.24%), and COPPER is at $2.91 # +0.007 (+0.24%). Light Sweet Crude Oil is 42.81, DOWN -0.08 (-0.19%). Today, one-dollar U.S. = 6.93 Chi-Com yuan. In contrast, one-dollar U.S. = 0.84 euros.
- 2021 Tuesday: Amigos, I sincerely doubt that anyone ever thought that IF Joe Biden somehow won on November 03, 2020, that the absolute disaster we are forced to witness unfold before our very eyes could ever have happened. On virtually every single front, the man is destroying the country and our relationships across the world. What we have watched occur in Afghanistan is something that will remain attached to us for decades to come. We will not soon be able to get over this one anytime soon. The Antitrump is doing everything it possibly can to devastate our nation. Let us be on the watch for the Joestapo going door to door very soon now…
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0560 a 24” x 36” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Verbenas and Primroses.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Famed Jethro Tull longtime guitarist, Martin Barre, released his next solo album, “Away with Words” on June 17, 2013. Mr. Barre played most of the instruments and his musical companions- Jonathan Noyce added bass and George Lindsay the drums. The music is mostly acoustic instrumentals so it may not be for everyone but the most diehard fans. We love it, however, and suspect that you will, too, so make sure you do your utmost to listen to some samples- you may want to add it to your collection. Enjoy.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 08-17-2021, all rights reserved. Data compiled by Moses Scharbug III, our guiding light. Total Word Count: 2,640. Chef Hector Santanamos “El Chilote” Del Soto.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Boston, Sid Hashian, Guns ‘N’ Roses, Gilby Clarke, Deputy Fuhrer Rudolph Hess, President Bill Clinton & Monica Lewinsky, Vice President Al Gore, President Zachary Taylor, President Millard Fillmore, U.S. Secretary of the Treasury William M. Meredith,
TODAY IN HISTORY, TUESDAY AUGUST 17, 2021, #4,105
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Tuesday, August 17, 2021:
[i] Not sure when we will begin promoting the music of Boston but when we do, we will alert the readership. Stay tuned for further developments.
[ii] Not sure when Guns ‘n’ Roses is coming but we hope we will still be alive and will get around to sharing them with the world.
[iii] Joe Cocker and the Grease Band hit the stage at 2:00 P.M. followed by (in order of appearance) Country Joe and the Fish, Ten Years After, the Band, Johnny Winter, Blood, Sweat, & Tears, Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young, the Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Sha Na Na, and Jimi Hendrix. The show ended at 11:10 A.M. It is interesting to note the following groups were asked to appear but canceled or failed to show: the Jeff Beck Group, Blues Image, the Byrds, Chicago, the Doors, Bob Dylan, Free, the Guess Who, Iron Butterfly, Tommie James and the Shondells, Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, Lighthouse, Arthur Lee and Love, Mind Garage, Joni Mitchell, the Moody Blues, Procol Harum, the Rascals, Raven, Roy Rogers, the Rolling Stones, Simon & Garfunkel, Spirit, Zager & Evans, and the Mothers of Invention.
[iv] Like everything else this POS Marxist thug touched, it imploded bringing additional misery onto the backs of the crumbling Venezuelan people.
WE THANK EVERYONE FOR JOINING US AT WORDPRESS.COM AND FOR AIDING US IN CONTINUING TO DO THE WORK WE TOOK UPON OURSELVES MORE THAN A DECADE AGO
It is becoming clearer: our ‘betters,’ the leaders of the world, may have conspired with the Chi-Coms to infect the world so they could amass incredible wealth and achieve total dominion
If the Chi-Coms are monkeying around with American DNA, the next pandemic could herald the end of the world…
Today, we begin tracking stock prices of the BIG FOUR PHARMA companies manufacturing COVID-19 vaccines in the U.S. cos you know politicians are investing heavily in them hence the full court press on getting the jab…
You can’t make this stuff up: on Day No. 1, Joe Biden destroys U.S. oil and gas production and now that gasoline prices are sky-high, instead of flipping the switch, he is begging OPEC to increase production…WTF!
Message to Mike Lindell of My Pillow fame: God bless you for doing the Lord’s work in exposing just how far down the tubes the United States has fallen and who is responsible for it…
The Antitrump does it again: he blames his predecessor as well as the Afghan people for calamity befalling the people of Afghanistan, the reverberations of which, are going to haunt this country for years…
If they can send the army door to door in Australia, you know the Democrats will be doing the exact same thing here…folks, it’s time to fight
The Antitrump strikes again: with the collapse of Kabul complete, the war in Afghanistan is over, and now with millions of illegal aliens roaming the U.S., the war could be coming for us soon…