TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
Contact Me: firstname.lastname@example.org
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
SUMMER SESSION 2021
BLOG POST #4,097 AT THE AICP-END
DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY 2022: 456
DAY TWO-HUNDRED-AND-SIX OF THE BIDEN REGIME
225. TODAY IN HISTORY—FRIDAY, AUGUST 13, 2021:
U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen; Atomic Rooster featuring Ric Parnell and Bachman-Turner Overdrive featuring Randy Bachman:
- 523 Friday: St. John I begins his reign as the 53rd Roman Catholic Pope. He would serve as pontiff until May 18, 526.
- 1415 Sunday: The army of King Henry V lands at the mouth of the Seine River in France.
- 1521 Saturday: Spanish conqueror Hernando Cortez captured Tenochtitlan, present-day Mexico City, from the Aztecs.
- 1624 Tuesday: King Louis XIII appoints Cardinal Richelieu as chief minister.
- 1704 Wednesday: During the War of the Spanish Succession, British and Austrian forces achieved a victory over French troops at the Battle of Blenheim.
- 1784 Friday: The United States Legislature met for the final time at Annapolis, Maryland.
- 1788 Wednesday: Prussia joins the Anglo-Dutch alliance to form the Triple Alliance to prevent the spread of the Russo-Swedish War.
- 1792 Monday: French revolutionaries imprisoned the royal family.
- 1814 Saturday: The Treaty of London-Netherlands stops the importation of slaves. Meanwhile, the Dutch ceded the Cape Colony in southern Africa to the British.
- 1846 Thursday: For the first time in the pueblo of Los Angeles, Americans raised the flag of the United States.
- 1860 Monday: Legendary sharpshooter Annie Oakley was born in Darke County, OH, on this date.
- 1867 Tuesday: “Under the Gaslight” by Augustus Daly opened in New York City.
- 1876 Sunday: The United States and Hawaii ratified the Reciprocity Treaty.
- 1889 Tuesday: William Gray received a patent for coin-operated telephone on this date.
- 1892 Saturday: The black American newspaper, “The Afro-American,” begins publication in Baltimore.
- 1898 Saturday: U.S. forces under the command of Admiral Dewey conquer the city of Manila, Philippines, during the Spanish-American War.
- 1910 Saturday: Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing, died in London at age 90.
- 1912 Tuesday: The first experimental radio license was issued to St. Joseph’s College in Philadelphia.
- 1913 Wednesday: British metallurgist Harry Brearley developed an alloy that the world came to know as ‘stainless steel.’ However, although science generally credits him as he inventor of stainless steel, he was hardly alone in working to create steel that resisted corrosion.
- 1914 Thursday: In Minnesota, Carl Wickman begins the Greyhound Bus Lines, the first American cross-country bus lines.
- 1923 Monday: U.S. Steel Corporation institutes the 8-hour workday for all workers. Elsewhere, in Turkey, lawmakers again elected Mustafa Kemal Ataturk Speaker of Turkey’s Grand Assembly.
- 1931 Thursday: The first community hospital in the United States underwent dedication in Elk City, Oklahoma.
- 1932 Saturday: Adolf Hitler rejected the post of vice chancellor of Germany saying he was prepared to hold out “for all or nothing.”
- 1934 Monday: The satirical comic strip “Li’l Abner,” created by cartoonist Al Capp, made its debut.
- 1937 Friday: Japanese troops attack Shanghai, China.
- 1940 Tuesday: During the Battle of Britain, the Brits shoot down between 45-48 German aircraft over southern England.
- 1941 Wednesday: During World War II, the Red Army evacuates the city of Smolensk.
- 1942 Thursday: Walt Disney’s animated feature “Bambi” had its U.S. premiere at Radio City Music Hall in New York, five days after its world premiere in London. Meanwhile, Henry Ford unveiled his “Soybean Car,” which was a plastic-bodied car that weighed about 1,000 pounds less than a steel car.
- 1946 Tuesday: In Brooklyn, New York, future 78th U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen is born. A Democrat, she would begin serving under President Joe Biden[i] on January 26, 2021.
- 1951 Monday: Future drummer with the British rock band, Atomic Rooster[ii]—Ric Parnell—is born in London, England, on this date.
- 1959 Thursday: In New York, construction crews broke ground on the $320 million Verrazano Narrows Bridge.
- 1960 Saturday: The first two-way telephone conversation by satellite took place with the help of Echo 1. Meanwhile, elsewhere in the world, the Central African Republic became independent of French rule.
- 1961 Sunday: East Germany sealed off the border between Berlin’s eastern and western sectors and began building a wall that would stand for the next 28 years.
- 1967 Sunday: The crime caper biopic “Bonnie and Clyde,” starring Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway, had its U.S. premiere.
- 1977 Saturday: Randy Bachman leaves the rock group, Bachman-Turner Overdrive[iii]; the group disbands.
- 1979 Monday: Lou Brock of the St. Louis Cardinals became the 14th player in Major League Baseball history to reach the 3,000-career hit plateau as his team defeated the Chicago Cubs, 3-2.
- 1985 Tuesday: The engagement of Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger hit the news on this date.
- 1986 Wednesday: United States Football League standout Herschel Walker signed to play with the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League.
- 1989 Sunday: Searchers in Ethiopia found the wreckage of a plane which had disappeared nearly a week earlier while carrying Rep. Mickey Leland, D-TX, and fourteen other people; there were no survivors.
- 1990 Monday: Iraq transferred $3 billion to $4 billion in bullion, currency and other stolen goods purloined from neighboring Kuwait to Baghdad.
- 1992 Thursday: Woody Allen began legal action to win custody of his three children. However, in 1993, a judge ruled AGAINST Allen.
- 1993 Friday: The U.S. Court of Appeals rules that Congress must save all emails.
- 1994 Saturday: Health authorities reported that aspirin not only helps reduce the risk of heart disease, but also helps prevent colon cancer.
- 1995 Sunday: Baseball Hall of Famer Mickey Mantle died at a Dallas hospital of rapidly spreading liver cancer; he was only 63 years old.
- 2003 Wednesday: Iraq began pumping crude oil from its northern oil fields for the first time since the start of the war. Meanwhile, Libya agreed to set up a $2.7 billion fund for families of the 270 people killed in the 1988 Pan Am bombing over Lockerbie, Scotland.
- 2008 Wednesday: A lunatic barged into the Arkansas Democratic headquarters in Little Rock and opened fire, killing state party chairperson Bill Gwatney before racing away in a pickup truck. The police tracked down the POS, Timothy Dale Johnson, and killed him in a gunfight.
- 2010 Friday: The German government reports 2.2-percent quarterly economic growth, the most in 20 years.
- 2011 Saturday: Riots in England continue; Prime Minister David Cameron hires U.S. law enforcement officer Bill Bratton to advise on how to deal with gang violence.
- 2012 Monday: The butler of Pope Benedict XVI receives orders from the Vatican City to stand trial for his alleged involvement in leading allegations of corruption in the Holy See.
- 2013 Tuesday: Researchers release footage of the previously unseen Kawahiva tribe; the Kawahiva is an indigenous tribe living in Brazil’s Amazon rainforest and anthropologists contend that the tribe has had extraordinarily little contact with the outside world.
- 2014 Wednesday: U.S. air strikes, in combination with Kurdish forces, pushed back an assault by Islamic State militants upon Yazidi minorities trapped on Mt. Sinjar in Iraq; the action allowed thousands to escape.
- 2015 Thursday: According to Brainy History, China devalues the Yuan by 1% after devaluations of 1.62% and 1.92% over the past two days; the moves are an effort to stem an economic slowdown by boosting the competitiveness of exports and reducing the costs of borrowing.
- 2017 Sunday: In a statement, the White House said President Donald J. Trump “very strongly” condemns individual hate groups such as “white supremacists, KKK and neo-Nazis,” which he does. The statement followed leftist criticism spread by fake news outlets such as CNN and MSNBC of Trump, blaming the previous day’s deadly violence at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, VA, on “many sides.” Protesters decrying hatred and racism, set in motion by leftist operative converged around the country, saying they felt compelled to respond to the white supremacist rally in old Virginia. President Trump has been steadfast in opposing racism of all types of no matter what left-wing fake news outlets proclaim. We say, “F**k them.”
- 2018 Monday: Islamist extremists target a café in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, killing at least eighteen diners and wounding countless others. Ah, the ‘religion of peace!’
- 2019 Tuesday: At a campaign rally in Arua, Uganda, military units swoop in and arrest politician and well-known pop singer Bobi Wine on phony charges. Wine later alleges they tortured him for anti-government politics.
- 2020 Thursday: Today, President Donald J. Trump announced an amazing deal, one between Israel and the United Arab Emirates. They are now at peace and will exchange diplomatic missions. This is only the third time an Arab nation and the world’s sole Jewish state have come to peace terms. The Palestinians are howling like the rabid dogs they are, and the Iranians are sniveling and whining. We hope an accounting will come soon for BOTH of these outlaw nations (well, one thug nation- Iran- and one thug place- Gaza Strip). Meanwhile, ISIS is trying to resurrect itself in Syria so it may be another time to unleash hell on these scumbags. Light ‘em up, President Trump, light ‘em up. Finally, Kooky Kamala Harris, “Pro-China Joe” Biden’s running mate bitches it is time for the United States to return to a consensus with other nations before we move forward on anything. Screw her. She turns whatever direction the wind drives her. Elsewhere, numerous businesses in Chicago but especially on the Miracle Mile have said, “ENOUGH! We are leaving the crime-ridden city,” all the while, lesbo Mayor Lori Lightfoot blames all her city’s problems on OUTSIDERS. If so, then do something about it but between you, Bill Di Blasio and Eric Garcetti, other cities will become the new metropolises while you destroy your cities for whatever perverse reasons you are doing so.
- 2020 Thursday A: The crumbling government of Lebanon declares a state of emergency following the rising anger enveloping the declining country following the massive explosion that lit up the port and much of the capital city, Beirut. Police have increased powers to go into the streets to combat the angry mobs intent on receiving justice. At least 172 people died in the blast, many more are missing and presumed dead, and at least 3,500 to 3,800 suffer appalling injuries. Most competent sources believe that Hezbollah and their hoodlum leader Hassan Nasrallah bear much of the responsibility for this crime against humanity for having kept more than 2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate in storage, for use against Israel at some unspecified future date. String Nasrallah up and anyone else who colluded with him and who bears responsibility for this criminal, deadly blast.
- 2020 Thursday B: Folks, here are the numbers for the Xi Jinping Bat Flu- Pelosi Pox: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 20,624,316 confirmed cases, +200,419, 749,421, confirmed deaths, +4,772, and 12,831,800 confirmed recoveries, +200,252. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 5,324,602 confirmed cases, +68,674, 168,930 confirmed deaths, +1,569, and 2,769,694 confirmed recoveries, +31,321. Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 593,141 confirmed cases, 10,808 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 4,312 confirmed cases, forty confirmed deaths, and 1,716 confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 65,339 confirmed cases, 1,736 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other locale: the District of Columbia- currently, they have 13,024 confirmed cases, 594 confirmed deaths, but unlike other mostly liberal blue areas in the country, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser provides the number of confirmed recoveries: 10,361. Thank you, Madam “Black Lives Matter” Bowser!
- 2020 Thursday C: Here are the stats for today’s Stock Market closes: first the DOW Jones Industrial Average, 27,896.72, DOWN 80.12 points (-0.29%). Next, here are the stats for the NASDAQ: 11,042.50, UP 30.27 points (+0.27%). Finally, here are the numbers for the S&P 500: 3,373.43, DOWN 6.92 points (-0.20%). Price of GOLD: $1,962.40 per troy oz., -8.00 (-0.41%). Here is the price of SILVER: $27.52 per troy oz., -0.193 (-0.70%). Price of PLATINUM: $974.30 per troy oz., -8.70 (-0.89%). Here is the price of COPPER: $2.82 per #, +0.008 (+0.29%). Price of Light Sweet Crude Oil per barrel: $42.29, +0.05 (+0.29%). Today, one-dollar U.S. = 6.95 PRC yuan.
- 2020 Thursday D: The Democratic Party’s 2020 Ticket of “Pro-China Joe” Biden and his VP nominee Senator Kamala Harris of California hold a ‘press conference of sorts,’ one in which the aging groper urges all governors across the nation to impose a mandatory three-month mask-wearing law that dictates ALL people, either within our without their homes, must wear masks or face the consequences. Reporters raise hands to ask questions, but the duo goes away without answering a single query. Meanwhile, little Baby Evita, aka Sandy Cortez, aka Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, aka AOC, learns she has sixty seconds to make her ‘speech’ the second night of the DNC ‘convention.’ She takes it in stride, skank that she is…
- 2021 Friday: Friends, I am the Voice of Freedom broadcasting to you from the hellhole of Los Angeles, California, a bastion of our beloved governor, Gavin “Nazi” Newsom and a place beset by unnecessary lockdowns, restrictions, illegal aliens running amok, and Chi-Com intelligence agents crumbling before our very eyes. Time to overthrow the existing order and it is going to happen on September 14, 2021, when we eject our corrupt debutante imbecilic governor out on his butt. Stick around for the latest anti-Chi-Com news, politics, Chi-Vi updates, and news about the border crisis…
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0556 a 40” x 60” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Evening Approaches.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
The record label of Jethro Tull released a package of several of the band’s albums, “Five-Album Set” on October 02, 2012. This collection contains “Aqualung,” “A Passion Play,” “Minstrel in the Gallery,” “Too Old to Rock and Roll, Too Young to Die,” and “Songs from the Wood.” As we always say, IF you have yet to introduce the music of this legendary British rock band, this is a celebrated way in which to do it at just $18.99 for the mp3 album. We hope you will give it a good listen and see if it is right for you. We think you will enjoy it.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 08-13-2021, all rights reserved. Total Word Count: 2,429. Chef Elmer K. Hootenstein.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, FINE ART, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Atomic Rooster, Ric Parnell, U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen, Joe Biden, Just the Facts, Jethro Tull, Chef Elmer K. Hootenstein,
TODAY IN HISTORY, FRIDAY AUGUST 13, 2021, #4,097
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Friday, August 13, 2021:
[i] Not even six months after the ‘election’ of ‘Pro-China Joe’ Biden, a humongous quantity of information continues to rise showing that Mr. Biden did NOT win the 2020 Presidential Election fairly but actually had help from the Chi-Coms who colluded with the Democratic (-Socialist) Party of the United States and a few, devious RINOs.
[ii] At some point, we will promote the music of the famed British rock band, Atomic Rooster. You will not want to miss this one, that, we guarantee you.
[iii] On Wednesday, 14-June-2017, we began presenting the music of the Guess Who and of its individual members- including Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Randy Bachman, Burton Cummings, and Bravebelt.. The entire discography ran from the above date through Sunday, 01-October-2017. We hope you will check them out.
WE THANK EVERYONE FOR JOINING US AT WORDPRESS.COM AND FOR AIDING US IN CONTINUING TO DO THE WORK WE TOOK UPON OURSELVES MORE THAN A DECADE AGO
If they can send the army door to door in Australia, you know the Democrats will be doing the exact same thing here…folks, it’s time to fight
Message to Mike Lindell of My Pillow fame: God bless you for doing the Lord’s work in exposing just how far down the tubes the United States has fallen and who is responsible for it…
You can’t make this stuff up: on Day No. 1, Joe Biden destroys U.S. oil and gas production and now that gasoline prices are sky-high, instead of flipping the switch, he is begging OPEC to increase production…WTF!