TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
37. TODAY IN HISTORY—SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 06, 2021:
DAY EIGHTEEN OF THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION
President Ronald Wilson Reagan; Vice President Aaron Burr; U.S. Attorney General William M. Evarts; U.S. Secretaries of State William M. Evarts and George P. Schultz; U.S. Secretary of War William Eustis; the Beach Boys featuring Carl Wilson, Family featuring Jim King, Guns ‘n’ Roses featuring Axl Rose, Hawkwind featuring Huw Lloyd-Langton, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass featuring John Pisano, the Kinks featuring John Gosling, Little Feat featuring Richie Hayward, Spirit featuring Matt Andes, and Thin Lizzy featuring Gary Moore:
- 0337 Monday: St. Julius I begins his reign as Catholic Pope.
- 1508 Monday: Maximillian I crowned the Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1693 Tuesday: The college of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia received its royal charter on today’s date.
- 1756 Wednesday: Future 3rd vice president of the United States—Democratic-Republican, who served 1801-05, Aaron Burr—is born on this date.
- 1778 Wednesday: The United States won official recognition from France with the signing of a Treaty of Alliance in Paris. Editor’s note: this is the FIRST treaty the U.S. signed with a foreign entity. Meanwhile, England declares war on the French.
- 1788 Monday: Massachusetts becomes the sixth state to ratify the U.S. Constitution.
- 1815 Sunday: The state of New Jersey issued the first American railroad charter to John Stevens, who proposed a rail link between Trenton and New Brunswick; however, they never built the line.
- 1818 Thursday: In Charlestown, Massachusetts, future 27th U.S. Secretary of State William M. Evarts, is born. He served under President Rutherford B. Hayes and from 03-12-1877 to 03-07-1881. He also served the nation as its 29th U.S. Attorney-General. First a Whig an then a Republican, he served under President Andrew Johnson from 07-17-1868 to 03-03-1869 and then became 27th U.S. secretary of state and finally a New York senator in the U.S. Senate.
- 1820 Saturday: U.S. Census: 9,638,453 with 1,771,656 or 18.4% of the population being black slaves. Meanwhile, the first organized emigration of blacks back to Africa (Sierra Leone) takes place as former slaves leave New York for Africa.
- 1825 Saturday: In Boston, Massachusetts, the sixth U.S. Secretary of War William Eustis, died. A Democratic-Republican, he served under President James Madison from 03-07-1809 to 01-13-1813.
- 1843 Sunday: On today’s date, the first minstrel show to appear in the United States— “The Virginia Minstrels”—opened to enthusiastic audiences at the Bowery Amphitheatre in New York City.
- 1867 Tuesday: The Peabody Fund undergoes organization with the intention of providing Southern blacks with education.
- 1899 Sunday: The U.S. Senate ratified a peace treaty between the United States and Spain.
- 1900 Monday: The Holland Senate ratified the 1899 peace conference decree that created the international arbitration court at The Hague.
- 1904 Saturday: The Russo-Japanese War begins on this date.
- 1911 Monday: Ronald Wilson Reagan, the 40th president of the United States, was born in Tampico, Illinois. Meanwhile, in Prescott, Arizona, the first old-age home for pioneers opened for business.
- 1922 Monday: Fellow cardinals elected Cardinal Achille Ratti Pope; he took the name Pius XI.
- 1926 Saturday: The National Football League adopted a rule that made players ineligible for competition until their college class graduated.
- 1931 Friday: Future member of Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass[i], John Pisano (guitars), is born in Staten Island, NY
- 1932 Saturday: For the first time in Olympic competition, dog sled racing occurred.
- 1933 Monday: The 20th Amendment to the Constitution, the so-called “lame duck” amendment, undergoes proclamation in effect by Secretary of State Henry Stimson.
- 1935 Wednesday: The Monopoly board game goes on sale for the first time.
- 1937 Saturday: K. Elizabeth Ohi became the first Japanese female lawyer when she received her degree from John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois.
- 1939 Monday: As the Spanish Civil War winds down, the communist government flees to France.
- 1941 Thursday: The British 8th Army overruns Benghazi, Libya; meanwhile the Battle of Beda Fomm takes place with the Italian 10th Army destroyed in the field.
- 1943 Saturday: A Los Angeles jury acquitted actor Errol Flynn of three counts of statutory rape. Meanwhile, in the occupied Netherlands, following the shooting of a German officer, Nazi security troops arrest 600 students and deport them to a concentration camp. Shoot one German, 600 hostages undergo arrest.
- 1945 Tuesday: During World War II, the Russian army crosses the Oder River in pursuit of fleeing Axis troops.
- 1946 Wednesday: Richie Hayward—future drummer for the Southern rock band, Little Feat[ii]–is born on this date in Des Moines, Iowa.
- 1948 Friday: John Gosling, future keyboard player and vocalist with the British rock band, the Kinks[iii], was born in England on this date.
- 1949 Sunday: Future guitarist/bassist with Jo Jo Gunne and with Spirit[iv], Matt Andes, is born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on this date.
- 1951 Tuesday: Future guitarist/vocalist with the British space-rock band, Hawkwind[v]–Huw Lloyd-Langton, 1969-1971 / 1979-1988—is born in in Harlesden, London, UK, on this date.
- 1952 Wednesday: Britain’s King George VI died at Sandringham House in Norfolk, England; his daughter, who became Queen Elizabeth II, succeeded him as monarch.
- 1956 Monday: French Premier Guy Mollet suffers pelting with tomatoes in the French North African city of Algiers.
- 1958 Thursday: Ted Williams signs with the Boston Red Sox for $135,000 making him the highest-paid player in Major League Baseball.
- 1959 Friday: The United States successfully test-fired for the first time a Titan intercontinental ballistic missile from Cape Canaveral, Florida.
- 1962 Tuesday: Future vocalist with the Los Angeles, California, rock band, Guns ‘n’ Roses[vi]—Axl Rose—is born in Lafayette, Indiana, on this date.
- 1967 Monday: Heavyweight boxer, Mohammad Ali scored a TKO against Ernie Terrell to win the title in the 15th round
- 1970 Friday: The NBA expands to 18 teams with new teams in Buffalo, New York; Portland, Oregon; Cleveland, Ohio, and Houston, Texas.
- 1971 Saturday: Astronaut Alan B. Shepard used a six-iron that he had brought inside his spacecraft and swung at three golf balls on the surface of the moon.
- 1973 Tuesday: President Richard M. Nixon appoints Dixy Ray Lee to be the first woman to head the Atomic Energy Commission.
- 1985 Wednesday: The French mineral water company, Perrier, debuted its first new product in 123 years. The latest items were water with a twist of lemon, lime, or orange.
- 1987 Friday: Wall Street Journal reporter Gerald Seib gains his release after six days by the Iranian scumbags who had accused him of spying for Israel; Iran claimed the detention ‘was the result of misunderstanding on their part’–lying scumbags. Meanwhile, President Ronald Reagan turned 76 years old this day and became the oldest U.S. president in history.
- 1991 Wednesday: Comedian and television actor Danny Thomas died in Los Angeles at age 79.
- 1993 Saturday: Heavyweight boxer Riddick Bowe scores a TKO on Michael Dokes in the first round to win the heavyweight boxing title of the world. Elsewhere, Tennis Hall of Famer and human rights activist Arthur Ashe died in New York at age 49.
- 1997 Thursday: A court found O.J. Simpson liable for the murders of his ex-wife, Nicole Simpson Brown and her friend, Ron Goldman.
- 1998 Friday: Mary Kay Letourneau receives a sentence of seven years in prison for violating the terms of her probation by seeing the 14-year-old father of her baby. Meanwhile, President Bill Clinton signed a bill changing the name of Washington National Airport to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Elsewhere, Carl Wilson—founding member of the Beach Boys[vii]—dies in Los Angeles, California, from brain and lung cancer at the age of 51.
- 1999 Saturday: Congressional officials display excerpts of former White House intern Monica Lewinsky’s videotaped testimony at the impeachment trial of President Bill Clinton.
- 2005 Sunday: The New England Patriots won Super Bowl XXXIX by a score of 24-21, beating the Philadelphia Eagles at All-Tel Stadium in Jacksonville, Florida.
- 2011 Sunday: The Green Bay Packers won Super Bowl XLV 31-25 by beating the Pittsburgh Steelers at Cowboys’ Stadium in Dallas, Texas. Meanwhile, in Spain, Gary Moore- member of the Anglo-Irish American rock band, Thin Lizzy[viii] (guitars/vocals 1974 to 1977 / 1978-1979) dies from a heart attack.
- 2012 Monday: Jim King, one of the original members of the English rock band, Family[ix], a great horn player, died on this date. Meanwhile, as things go south in Syria, the U.S. closes its embassy in Damascus and the UK recalls its ambassador.
- 2013 Wednesday: The US Postal Service announces it will no longer deliver first-class mail on Saturdays.
- 2014 Thursday: Steven Segal, 61-year-old actor, announces he is considering a run for governor of Arizona.
- 2015 Friday: Scientists report that climate change the carbon dioxide released by undersea volcanoes, which up until now has been assumed to have a negligible effect could be responsible for changes to the climate; to assess the degree of impact, scientists will continue studying the effects.
- 2016 Saturday: North Korea announces its stepped-up date to launch the nation’s first ‘communications satellite’ as early as tomorrow. Of course, the countries of the world do not believe it’s for ‘peaceful purposes.’ Elsewhere, Twitter claims to have shuttered as many as 125,000 accounts linked to ISIS thugs.
- 2017 Monday: U.S. Representative Matt Gaetz, R-Florida, proposes a bill to eliminate the Environmental Protection Agency. Next, Senate Dems are holding a ’24-hour protest vote,’ trying stall Trump Education secretary nominee Betsy DeVos, someone they fear who is going to overturn Obama-Biden era regime rules on college campuses. Meanwhile, former U.S. secretaries of state and ‘hundreds of companies’ all support the suit against President Trump’s ‘Muslim ban.’ Elsewhere, Queen Elizabeth II of England marks her 65th year as monarch.
- 2018 Tuesday: The president of Poland- Andrzej Duda- signs a controversial law that outlaws anyone from saying that the country and its people were complicit in the crimes committed on its soil by the Nazis during the Holocaust. Many try to infer that the Poles aided the Nazis in helping exterminate the Jews. Meanwhile, the U.S. calls for a ceasefire as Syrian government airstrikes on rebel positions have killed dozens. Elsewhere, as the Winter Olympic Games approach in South Korea, Vice President Mike Pence says additional sanctions could be coming for North Korea.
- 2019 Wednesday: As problems continue to rage in Virginia over Democrat Governor Ralph “Blackface” Northam’s racist photos in his college yearbook, one of the people who might take his place should he choose to resign- Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax- has his own problems. In more #MeToo allegations, a woman who worked for the lieutenant governor accuses him of rape, of forced sodomy and the like. What is going on in this once reputable state? What is up with all these Democrats? The state’s AG- Mark Herring- says, ‘yup, I wore blackface at a party back in 1980 while in college.’ Folks, the Democrats always accuse their political enemies of being RACISTS yet here are three bigwig Democrats and two of them are racists and one a sexual offender. You can’t make this stuff up, folks, you simply cannot.
- 2020 Thursday: Following a speech by President Trump at the National Prayer Breakfast, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi goes to the microphone banks and gives one of her most incoherent, rambling, ambling speeches yet, attacking the president, condemning the president, and trying to justify tearing up the president’s speech at Tuesday night’s SOTU address. How this senile crone clings to power is beyond millions of Americans; we expect her to pay the price on Election Day 2020 becoming the first House speaker to lose the position not once but twice, along with her congressional seat. Later, President Trump thanked his supporters in both House and Senate, as well as his cabinet members, and other assembled VIPS. The speech was absolutely wonderful and concluded with the president’s determination to help as many Republicans win or keep their seats in November. Godspeed, Mr. President, Godspeed. Meanwhile, in China, more and more images come out via social media showing the outbreak of the corona virus to be far worse than what the communist authorities claim. We think a biological warfare experiment went awry and now the world is going to pay the price for their bumbling. Thank you, President Xi, thank you.
- 2021 Saturday: One America News reports that thousands of Americans are receiving tax forms for unemployment insurance for which they did not file. Next, the TSA announces that passengers who refuse to wear facemasks could face fines of up to $1,500 per citation. Meanwhile, a recent Rasmussen poll says that most Americans do not believe the ‘news media’ is aggressive with Joe Biden as it was with President Donald J. Trump. We concur. Elsewhere, the CEO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce- Thomas Donohue- announces that he will be leaving his position in favor of Suzanne Clark. Finally, President Donald J. Trump returns to social media with a post on Gab.
- 2021 Saturday A: In New York’s 22nd U.S. House District, the one in which, Republican Claudia Tenney finally won her old seat back, Democrat Anthony Brindisi, the beaten Democrat, is now crying about the Dominion Voting Systems and Smartmatic software. IF you agree to taking another LOOK into the 2020 Presidential Election and how it was stolen from one candidate and given to another, perhaps we will take another look at this House race. Otherwise, STFU. Elsewhere, Joe Biden has stripped President Donald J. Trump of his security clearance. Speaking of Joe Biden, he’s bringing back the ‘President’s weekly radio address.’ Let’s look for an earpiece folks so we can know that someone is putting words in his ear. Finally, the U.S. Supreme Court partially lifts California’s ban on church gatherings.
- 2021 Saturday B: Congressman Hakeem Jeffries, D-NY, says that to accept the GOP counter COVID-19 bill is to commit ‘unconditional surrender.’ Elsewhere, the people are Myanmar are out in the streets protesting the coup against their government even with the Internet shut down. The interesting thing about this is the Biden administration is upset about the coup in Burma but could care less that he won the 2020 Presidential Election via a…coup. The Democrats, the RINOs, the Chi-Coms, and Canada- among others- conspired to topple President Trump and to then shove the senile usurper into his place. What the flaming f**k?
- 2021 Saturday C: COVID-19 Daily Update: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 105,461,681 confirmed cases, +238,473, 2,300,891, confirmed deaths, +7,628, and 58,645,012 confirmed recoveries, +144,616. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 27,054,709 confirmed cases, up 78,221 from yesterday’s reporting, 463,090 confirmed deaths, UP 1,837, and 11,166,500 confirmed recoveries- NO more updates on this number thanks to Joe Biden, going on for nearly as long as #46 has been in the White House. Coincidence? You be the judge. NOTE- in the White House 17 DAYS, apparently the U.S. will NO longer report the number of recoveries. Shame on you, Chi-Com Joe. NOTE: SINCE JOE BIDEN BECAME PRESIDENT ON JANUARY 20, 2021, THERE HAVE BEEN 134,662 CHI-VI DEATHS IN THE U.S. Joe, talk is cheap, what are YOU going to do about it? Maybe you will be a worse murderer than Andrew “Killer” Cuomo is in the Empire State?
- 2021 Saturday D: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 3,395,385 confirmed cases, 43,647 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 26,286 confirmed cases (again, Hawaii is no longer reporting their case numbers in more than a week), 416 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 323,334 confirmed cases, 4,526 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other piece of the country: Georgia. Currently, they have 932,912 confirmed cases, 14,858 confirmed deaths, but NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 680,856 confirmed cases, 5,020 confirmed deaths, and 590,822 confirmed recoveries. For the heck of it, let’s look at one other country: the United Kingdom. The UK has 3.929,835 confirmed cases, 112,092 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed deaths. What a load of crap, share the TRUTH!
- 2021 Saturday E: The Biden administration ends another Trump era agreement, this one in which, asylum-seeking illegal aliens were able to be returned back to El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras. Oh, thank you, Joe, for swarming our country with millions more illegal aliens to whom you are going to grant citizenship. Can the country survive? Elsewhere, Michigan is the first state revamping the state’s GOP leadership and folks, they are recruiting strong Trump supporters which is good. Meanwhile, Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers wins his third NFL MVP Award making him only the sixth person in NFL history to win three or more such honors. Congratulations, Aaron. Finally, the now discredited Lincoln Project continues imploding as yet another phony- in this case, Jennifer Horn- threw in the towel following disclosures about gay sex addict John Weaver.
- 2021 Saturday F: Here are the results for the Super Lotto Draw #3532 with an $18 million jackpot on the line: 04, 16, 32, 35, 45, and Mega 17. Out of 108,912 winning tickets, the highest winners were two people who had FIVE numbers but no Mega for a prize of $19,457 apiece. Next, here are the numbers for the Powerball Draw #818 with a $30 million jackpot up for grabs: 01, 16, 48, 49, 65, and Power 08. Out of 54,318 winning tickets, the highest winner was ONE person who had FOUR numbers plus the Powerball for a prize of $27,839.
- 2021 Saturday G: The former 60th U.S. Secretary of State George P. Schultz died at his home in Stanford, California, at age 100 today. A Republican, he served under President Ronald Reagan / served from 07-16-1982 to 01-20-1989.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0366 a 24” x 30” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Rocky Gorge.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
UFO Mk. II went out on the road in support of their “Misdemeanor” album and thus we have “Misdemeanor Tour,” an album that hit record store shelves (when record stores still existed- well maybe we still have a few in places where Democrats and their COVID-19 restrictions don’t stifle business) and the band that recorded the studio album went out on the road in support of it. This is a glorious addition to the “UFO” catalog in much the same way when both Joe Perry and Brad Whitford dumped Aerosmith back in the 1980s and Steven Tyler carried on with Jimmy Crespo and Rick Dufay. We think you will find this album absolutely glorious which is why we are wholeheartedly behind it. We hope you will seek this one and add it to your collection- you will enjoy it.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 02-06-2021, all rights reserved. Total Word Count: 2,405.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor.
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, John Gosling, The Kinks, Jo Jo Gunne, Spirit, Matt Andes, Jim King, Family, President Ronald Wilson Reagan, Vice President Aaron Burr, Richie Hayward, Little Feat, Hawkwind, Huw Lloyd-Langton, Guns ‘n’ Roses, Axl Rose, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, John Pisano, Thin Lizzy, Gary Moore, U.S. Secretary of State William M. Evarts, U.S. Secretary of War William Eustis, U.S. Attorney General William M. Evarts, U.S. Secretary of State George P. Schultz, UFO, Cheryl La Tigre,
TODAY IN HISTORY, SATURDAY FEBRUARY 06, 2021
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Saturday, February 06, 2021:
[i] We hope to do the music of Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, as well as Alpert’s solo career, somewhere around 2035. We hope you will remain with us.
[ii] We celebrated the music of the amazing Little Feat beginning on Tuesday, 11-June-2013 through Monday, 15-July-2013. One of the great unsung bands of all time, we hope you will seek them out and consider adding them to your music collection.
[iii] We presented the music of the Kinks, as well as of Ray and Dave Davies, beginning on Monday, 22-December-2014 through Sunday, 15-March-2015. We hope you will check out the music of this original British invasion band as they are as relevant today as they were more than 50 years ago. Sure beats the hell out of Maroon Five.
[iv] We promoted the music of the great California rock band, Spirit- and the music of its members- beginning on Monday, 18-June-2012 through Friday, 10-August-2012. We hope you will seek this band out and add it to your growing collection of top-quality rock music. This included the music of Jo Jo Gunne.
[v] We hope to present the music of this UK space rock band, Hawkwind, sometime in the next five years or so. Please remain vigilant for additional information.
[vi] Not sure when Guns ‘n’ Roses is coming but we hope we will still be alive and will get around to sharing them with the world.
[vii] We hope to present the music of this foundational American rock band within the next 5-6 years. Please stay tuned for further developments. We thank you; we know you love the Beach Boys as much as we do.
[viii] We look forward to promoting the music of Thin Lizzy when we promote the music of U2, sometime within the next 4-5 years. We hope you will be with us when we do.
[ix] The music of this famed British band, Family as well as the spin-off group, Streetwalkers, appeared on Tuesday, 08-October-2013 through Thursday, 31-October-2013.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR