TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
009. TODAY IN HISTORY—SATURDAY, JANUARY 09, 2021:
President Richard M. Nixon; U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Horace Gray; Led Zeppelin featuring Jimmy Page, Lynyrd Skynyrd featuring Cassie Gaines, and the Lovin’ Spoonful featuring Jerry Yester:
- 1349 Saturday: Citizens of Basel, Switzerland, burn 700 Jews alive in their homes.
- 1493 Thursday: Christopher Columbus and his crew sight manatees for the first time.
- 1570 Tuesday: Czar Ivan the Terrible kills 1,000-2,000 citizens of Novgorod.
- 1718 Friday: France declares war on Spain.
- 1788 Monday: Connecticut became the fifth state to ratify the U.S. Constitution.
- 1793 Monday: Frenchman Jean Pierre Blanchard, using a hot air balloon, flew between Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Woodbury, New Jersey.
- 1799 Monday: British Prime Minister William Pitt the Younger introduced the income tax, at two shillings (10p) to the pound, to raise funds for the Napoleonic Wars.
- 1848 Saturday: The first commercial bank underwent establishment in San Francisco, California.
- 1861 Tuesday: Mississippi became the second state to secede from the Union, the same day the Star of the West, a merchant vessel brings reinforcements and supplies to Federal troops at Fort Sumter, South Carolina, retreated because of artillery fire.
- 1882 Sunday: The 47th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Horace Gray assumed his position on the nation’s high court on this date. A Republican, he was nominated by Chester Arthur to fill Nathan Clifford’s seat. He served from today until 09-15-1902.
- 1894 Monday: The New England Telephone and Telegraph Company put the first battery-operated switchboard into operation in Lexington, Massachusetts.
- 1902 Thursday: New York State introduced a bill to outlaw flirting in public.
- 1905 Monday: Czarist troops fire on protesters leading to the event known as “Bloody Sunday.”
- 1912 Tuesday: The United States Marines invade Honduras.
- 1913 Thursday: Future 37th president of the United States—Richard Millhouse Nixon—was born in Yorba Linda, California, on this date. He would serve as the 36th vice president to President Dwight D. Eisenhower from 01-20-1953 to 01-20-1961. He then became president, serving from 01-20-1969 until he became the first president to resign the office on 08-09-1974 due to his problems with Watergate.
- 1929 Wednesday: The Seeing Eye underwent incorporation in Nashville. The purpose of the company was to train dogs to guide the blind.
- 1931 Friday: Bobbi Trout and Edna May Cooper broke an endurance record for female aviators as they returned to Mines Field in Los Angeles, California, after flying a Curtiss Robin monoplane continuously for 122 hours and 50 minutes.
- 1936 Thursday: The United States Army adopted the semi-automatic rifle.
- 1937 Saturday: Fascist Italy bans marriages between Italians and Abyssinians in conquered Ethiopia.
- 1940 Tuesday: In New York City, sales personnel used television to present a sales meeting to convention delegates.
- 1941 Thursday: Nazi forces slaughter 6,000 Jews in a pogrom in Bucharest, Romania.
- 1942 Friday: The Department of Defense created the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff on this date. Meanwhile, Joe Louis knocks out Buddy Baer in first round to win the heavyweight boxing title. Meanwhile, as the Japanese are overrunning Malaysia, they also are pushing back defenders in Borneo. Their war machine is steaming along.
- 1943 Saturday: Jerry Yester—future guitarist/vocalist with the Lovin’ Spoonful[i] after John Sebastian left the group—was born in the United States on this date.
- 1944 Sunday: Jimmy Page, guitarist extraordinaire, former Yardbird[ii], and founding member of Led Zeppelin[iii] was born on this date. Meanwhile, in Burma, British forces are able to recapture the port city of Maungdaw from Imperial Japanese forces after heavy fighting. This will permit them to bring more supplies in to get to Nationalist Chinese troops fighting both the Japanese and the Chi-Coms.
- 1945 Tuesday: During World War II, American forces under the command of General Douglas McArthur began landing at Lingayen Gulf in the Philippines.
- 1948 Friday: Cassie Gaines, future vocalist with the Southern rock band, Lynyrd Skynyrd[iv], was born on this date.
- 1951 Tuesday: The United Nations headquarters in New York City officially opened.
- 1962 Tuesday: The NFL bans grabbing of facemasks on this date.
- 1964 Thursday: Anti-U.S. rioting breaks out in Panama Canal Zone.
- 1972 Sunday: Exclusive billionaire Howard Hughes, speaking by telephone from the Bahamas to reporters in Hollywood, said a purported autobiography of him by Clifford Irving was a fake.
- 1977 Sunday: In Super Bowl XI, the Oakland Raiders beat the Minnesota Vikings by a score of 32-14 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.
- 1980 Wednesday: In Mecca, Saudi Arabia, the government beheads 63 people.
- 1984 Monday: TV viewers saw Clara Peller for the first time, the actress in the famous “Where’s the Beef” ad campaign for Wendy’s restaurants.
- 1987 Friday: A border clash between the People’s Republic of China and Vietnam results in 1,500 killed.
- 1991 Wednesday: Major League Baseball officially bans Pete Rose from ever being elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
- 1995 Monday: Ecuador and Peru suffer a border clash over their boundaries.
- 2002 Wednesday: The U.S. Justice Department announced it was pursuing an investigation into Enron Corporation, which had filed for bankruptcy on December 2, 2001.
- 2007 Tuesday: Steve Jobs, the CEO of Apple Inc. announced the first-generation iPhone on this date.
- 2011 Sunday: To quell rioting, the Algerian government cuts food prices and promises to punish those responsible for starting the uprising.
- 2012 Monday: Venezuelan thug president Hugo Chavez meets with another thug head of state, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on the latter’s visit to Latin America.
- 2013 Wednesday: For the first time since 1996, the Baseball Hall of Fame selected no candidates for Cooperstown.
- 2014 Thursday: According to Brainy History, following a federal judge striking down a ban on same-sex marriage in Utah, the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) had to place a lower court ruling on hold because Utah planned to launch an appeal.
- 2015 Friday: French police kill two of the jihadists that attacked Charlie Hebdo magazine where the two Islamists murdered 12 and wounded another 11 for their portrayal of the degenerate Prophet Mohammad. The third terrorist turned himself in to keep from the cops killing him on sight.
- 2016 Saturday: The United States sends a ‘message’ to North Korea, belligerent as ever, with a B-52 flyover. This is in answer to Kim Jong Un’s claim that he exploded a hydrogen bomb.
- 2017 Monday: In Tampa Bay, Florida, the College Football National Championship sees #2 Clemson beat #1 Alabama by a final score of 35-31. Meanwhile, President-elect Donald J. Trump names his son-in-law, Jared Kushner as his senior White House adviser.
- 2018 Tuesday: Following the passage of legislation the preceding month, the first homosexual marriages begin occurring in Australia. Meanwhile, President Donald J. Trump cuts a program that permits 200,000 El Salvadorans to continue living in the United States. Another campaign promise fulfilled. However, in a victory for illegal aliens, a federal judge blocks President Trump from ending the DACA program.
- 2019 Wednesday: President Donald J. Trump conducts an Oval Office address regarding the shutdown of the federal government and his need for funds to construct the southern border wall. Trying to fulfill yet another promise.
- 2020 Thursday: In the morning, a disheveled and highly incoherent Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-CA, rambled on about how she was going to send the ‘impeachment articles’ to the Senate when she ‘damned well pleased.’ It is becoming clearer and clearer to all non-senile onlookers that the Speaker has little to no clue as to where she is or what she is saying. Even Senate Democrats- like Sen. Dianne Feinstein and Sen. Joe Manchin are saying ‘put up or shut up.’ Meanwhile, in Iran, it now seems likely that a Ukrainian jetliner that went down around the same time the IRG was shooting its missile ‘barrage’ in the direction of Iraq was shot down by the Russian-built Iranian air defenses. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau basically admitted as much seeing as how 63 of the 179 aboard were his citizens. What are you going to do it, Mr. Prime Minister? Most likely, NOTHING.
- 2021 Saturday: Today is Wildcard Weekend in the NFL in our expanded playoff format: (1) Indianapolis Colts, 24 (11-6) @ Buffalo Bills. 27 (14-3) (2) Los Angeles Rams, 30 (11-6) @ Seattle Seahawks, 20 (12-5) and (3) Tampa Bay (11-5) @ Washington Redskins (7-9). Note- it’s time for the Seahawks to fire Coach Pete Carroll. He’s a bum. Also stick around for tonight’s Super Lotto and Powerball drawings.
- 2021 Saturday A: BIG TECH bans the new social media app Parler over claims it does not moderate its site for ‘unacceptable content.’ Folks, when BIG TECH crippled Alex Jones and Infowars, everyone should have woken up and taken note. This is the United States of America, NOT the People’s Republic of China- we have freedom of speech rights here. Period. Elsewhere, “America’s Mayor” Rudy Giuliani urges President Trump to declassify ALL records on the ‘Russian collusion scandal’ and on ‘Pro-China Joe’ Biden’s ties to the Chi-Coms. We also want to see the UFO files, too, Mr. President. Meanwhile, an incoming congresswoman from Illinois finds herself in ‘hot water’ for having made comments tying Democrats to Nazis. Then, ‘Pro-China Joe’ Biden begins blasting the GOP by tying them…guess what: Nazis. It never ends.
- 2021 Saturday B: Washington, D.C. police are investigating a suspicious package found near the Capitol today. Antifa left a bomb, perhaps? You never know. Meanwhile, Richard Barnett- the man who participating in storming the Capitol Building this past Wednesday and who first seated himself at Pelosi’s desk and then carried off her podium, turned himself into federal agents today. Dimwit. Elsewhere, President Donald J. Trump- facing a second impeachment- confirms he won’t attend the inauguration of ‘Pro-China Joe’ Biden on January 20. This will make the 45th president the fourth president- following John Adams, John Quincy Adams, and Andrew Johnson- not to attend the inauguration of his successor. Why should he? It is clear the presidential election was a fraud. ‘Pro-China Joe’ Biden did not beat President Trump by an Electoral College vote of 306-232 nor did he win the votes of 80 million Americans. Period. Speaking of President Trump, noted liberal lawyer Alan Dershowitz says that ‘Trump did nothing wrong in his speech this past Wednesday.’ Perhaps he will defend him at his second impeachment trial?
- 2021 Saturday C: Speaking of the mob violence at the Capitol this past Wednesday, engineered by Antifa and Black Lives Matter human fecal matter, the Department of Justice says there are NO charges against President Trump for ‘incitement of violence.’ What we saw on Wednesday was a well-orchestrated false flag operation carried off by Antifa and BLM. We must give credit where credit is due and they did a hell of a job of it. Elsewhere, President Donald Trump hints at the creation of a new social media platform. Mr. President, you will need to create your own ‘Google,’ too, because there is NO freedom of speech if one does not control the servers upon which the platform exists. Speaking of Twitter, Rudy Giuliani basically has labeled them a ‘fascist operation.’ In the same vein, Trump ally, Jason Miller, says, ‘if you don’t think they’re coming for you, you’re mistaken.’ Finally, 2020 was a bad year for the news media what with the loss of 30,000 or more jobs in the fake news industry.
- 2021 Saturday D: The Centers for Disease Control announce that 59-percent of all COVID-19 cases are caused by asymptomatic spread. Meanwhile, a study shows coronavirus immunity lasts up to 8 months in 90-percent of patients.
- 2021 Saturday E: COVID-19 Daily Update: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 89,516,439 confirmed cases, +734,302, 1,924,004, confirmed deaths, +12,908, and 49,669,429 confirmed recoveries, +307,155. Next, here are the stats for the United States: 22,331,368 confirmed cases, up 281,916 from yesterday’s reporting, 375,039 confirmed deaths, UP 3,574, and 9,827,904 confirmed recoveries, UP 42,393.
- 2021 Saturday F: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 2,639,814 confirmed cases, 29,233 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 23,143 confirmed cases, 307 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 273,142 confirmed cases, 3,768 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other state: Nevada: currently, they have 246,309 confirmed cases, 3,450 confirmed deaths, but NO mention of confirmed recoveries. Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 485,434 confirmed cases, 3,645 confirmed deaths, and 412,296 confirmed recoveries.
- 2021 Saturday G: Here are the results for tonight’s Super Lotto Draw #3524 with a jackpot of $10 million on the line: 03, 04, 17, 34, 39, and Mega 20. Out of 118,277 winning tickets, the highest winners were EIGHT people who had FOUR plus the Mega for a prize of $2,687 apiece. Next, here are the numbers for the Powerball Draw #810 with a BIG POT of $470 million up for grabs: 14, 26, 38, 45, 46, and Powerball 13. Out of 280,550 winning tickets, the highest winners were FOUR people who had FOUR numbers plus the Powerball for a prize of $37,117 apiece.
- 2021 Saturday H: Friends, we encourage everyone to stick around today to discover whatever news arises that continues showing the stooges of Beijing- the Democratic Party- doing whatever it is they’re doing to tip our country into the camp of the Chi-Coms. We cannot permit them to steal the country from we, the American people…then again, if we cannot beat them, we may have to join them! Hail China!
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0338 a 24” x 36” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Golden Fire.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclée’s, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Some wag with assets to the vault of the J. Geils Band released a historic live show on May 10, 2017: “Homework: Live at the Fillmore East, New York July 27, 1971.” This of course would be an early live show, earlier than “Full House Live,” one recorded at one of the world’s twin greatest rock venues, the legendary Fillmore East back in the day before morons like Andrew Cuomo ruined the state of a loser like Bill Di Blasio destroyed the city. If anything, Di Blasio might have been at the show, stoned on cheap Mexican reefer and Boone’s Farm apple wine and with his hand in some guy’s pants. Ah, well, we hope all of you seek this amazing album out wherever you shop for the finest in rock music- you will be so glad you did.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 01-09-2021, all rights reserved. Total Word Count: 1,540.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, President Richard M. Nixon, Led Zeppelin, The Yardbirds, Jimmy Page, Cassie Gaines, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Lovin’ Spoonful, Jerry Yester, John B. Sebastian, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Horace Gray, J. Geils band- the, B.H. Cznystekinki,
TODAY IN HISTORY, SATURDAY JANUARY 09, 2021
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Saturday, January 09, 2021:
[i] We began promoting the music of the Lovin’ Spoonful on Saturday, 14-September-2013 and concluded the presentation on Tuesday, 24-September-2013. Please check them out and add them to your growing CD collection- they are one of the greats.
[ii] We presented another series of interconnected bands which included Free, Bad Company, Led Zeppelin, the Firm, Mott the Hoople, Ian Hunter, the Yardbirds, and a plethora of solo and group efforts beginning on Wednesday, 02-July-2014 through Sunday, 19-October-2014. We definitely hope that you will seek this music out and consider adding it to your growing collection.
[iv] We hope to share the music of Lynyrd Skynyrd sometime in the next decade. At least by 2029 so please stay tuned for further news.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR