TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
361. TODAY IN HISTORY—SATURDAY, DECEMBER 26, 2020:
CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION WEEK 2020
KWANZAA 2020 DAY ONE
Presidents Harry S. Truman and Gerald R. Ford; U.S. Senator Brian Schatz; the Beatles’ “Magical Mystery Tour,” the Four Tops featuring Abdul “Duke” Fakir, Led Zeppelin and Vanilla Fudge:
- 268 Sunday: St. Dionysus ends his reign as Catholic Pope.
- 418 Friday: St. Zosimus ends his reign as Catholic Pope.
- 795 Sunday: St. Leo III begins his reign as Catholic Pope.
- 1773 Friday: Local authorities expel all British tea ships from Philadelphia.
- 1776 Tuesday: The British suffered a major defeat in the Battle of Trenton during the Revolutionary War as General Washington’s troops mauled the Hessians.
- 1799 Tuesday: Colonel Henry Lee eulogized former President George Washington as “first in war, first in peace, and first in the hearts of his countrymen.”
- 1862 Thursday: Thirty-eight Santee Sioux Indians went to the gallows in Mankato, Minnesota, for their roles in an uprising that had claimed the lives of hundreds of white settlers. The Civil War Battle of Chickasaw Bayou, resulting in a Confederate victory, began in Mississippi.
- 1865 Monday: James H. Mason patented the coffee percolator on this date.
- 1877 Tuesday: The Socialist Labor Party of North America holds its first convention.
- 1893 Monday: In Hunan, China, future mass murderer and communist leader, Mao Zedong, is born. He would end up having the blood of hundreds of millions on his hands.
- 1898 Sunday: Marie and Pierre Curie discovered radium on this date.
- 1908 Saturday: Jack Johnson became the first African American boxer to win the world heavyweight championship as he defeated Canadian Tommy Burns in Sydney, Australia.
- 1910 Monday: The London Palladium, Britain’s famous variety theater, opened.
- 1917 Wednesday: The Federal government takes control of all railroads in the U.S. for the duration of World War I.
- 1935 Thursday: Future member of the Motown super-group, the Four Tops[i]– Abdul “Duke” Fakir (1953-present)- is born in Detroit, Michigan, on this date.
- 1941 Friday: British Prime Minister Winston Churchill becomes the first British prime minister to address a joint session of the U.S. Congress; he warns them “the Axis will stop at nothing.” Meanwhile, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt signed a resolution that set a fixed date, the fourth Thursday of November, for the Thanksgiving holiday. Finally, on the Eastern Front, the Red Army is fighting to liberate Solnechnogorsk and Klin from the Axis troops fighting to stem the tide of ever-advancing Russian forces. Fighting is fierce, casualties on both sides high, and Adolf Hitler is becoming increasingly angrier with his frontline commanders. “Hold at all costs” he demands.
- 1942 Saturday: Russian attacks continue against the trapped Sixth Army in Stalingrad. Food rations were slashed to two ounces of bread per man, a bowl of soup sans fat for lunch and if available, meager meat rations for the evening. Still, the defenders of the city clung to their positions while braver ones crawled out into the darkness at night seeking any kind of sustenance in the frozen wheat fields outside the city.
- 1943 Sunday: British naval forces sink the German battleship Scharnhorst during the World War II Battle of the North Cape off Norway; only 36 of its crew of more than 1,900 survived the fight.
- 1944 Tuesday: During World War II, the Soviet Army surrounds the Hungarian capital of Budapest with numerous Axis soldiers inside defending the fortress city. In Western Europe, the Battle of Bastogne continues as General George Patton’s 4th Army repulses the German panzers attacking the Belgium town.
- 1947 Friday: Heavy snow blanketed the northeastern United States, burying New York City under 25.8 inches of snow in 16 hours and causing about 80 deaths across the region.
- 1966 Monday: For the first time in history, the made-up holiday of Kwanzaa.
- 1967 Tuesday: The BBC broadcasts the Beatles’ “Magical Mystery Tour[ii]” movie.
- 1968 Thursday: Led Zeppelin’s[iii] debut concert in Boston, Massachusetts, as the band opens for Vanilla Fudge[iv].
- 1972 Tuesday: The 33rd president of the United States, Harry S. Truman, died in Kansas City, Missouri, at age 88.
- 1973 Wednesday: The demon-possession horror film, “The Exorcist[v],” first hit the movie theaters.
- 1974: Thursday Comedian Jack Benny died in Los Angeles, California, at age 80.
- 1978 Tuesday: India’s Indira Gandhi finally leaves prison after serving her sentence.
- 1980 Friday: The United States broadcast Iranian propaganda footage showing a dozen American hostages sending holiday messages to their families.
- 1982 Sunday: The ‘Man of the Year” for Time Magazine is the Computer.
- 1985 Thursday: Ford Motor Company began selling its Taurus and Sable sedans and station wagons on this date.
- 1986 Friday: After being on CBS Television for 35 years, the soap opera “Search for Tomorrow” went off the air.
- 1991 Thursday: The parliament of the Soviet Union formally voted the country out of existence.
- 1994 Monday: The 37-year-old brother of President Bill Clinton, Roger, weds 8-month pregnant, 25-year-old Molly Martin. Elsewhere, French commandoes stormed a hijacked Air France jetliner on the ground in Marseille, killing four Algerian hijackers and freeing 170 hostages.
- 1996 Thursday: Law enforcement finds 6-year-old beauty queen Jon Benet Ramsey beaten and strangled in the basement of her family’s home in Boulder, Colorado, and to this date, remains unsolved.
- 1998 Saturday: Iraq announced that it would begin firing at U.S. and British warplanes patrolling the No-Fly Zones above northern and southern Iraq.
- 2000 Tuesday: Michael McDermott, an employee at an internet firm in Wakefield, Mass., shot and killed seven co-workers. A jury later convicted him of first-degree murder and sentenced him to life in prison without parole. Meanwhile, in Bridgeport, Conn., veteran stage, and screen actor Jason Robards died at age 78.
- 2002 Thursday: Science gave birth to the first cloned human baby on this date. Clonaid made the announcement on December 27, 2002.
- 2003 Friday: An earthquake struck the historic Iranian city of Bam, killing at least 26,000 people Meanwhile, three snowboarders were killed in an avalanche in Provo Canyon, Utah.
- 2004 Sunday: Some 283,000 people, mostly in southern Asia, died due to a tsunami triggered by the world’s most powerful earthquake in 40 years, beneath the Indian Ocean.
- 2006 Tuesday: Former President Gerald R. Ford died in Rancho Mirage at age 93.
- 2011 Monday: Brazil overtakes the United Kingdom as the world’s sixth largest economy.
- 2012 Wednesday: Russia’s Parliament passes a law banning U.S. citizens from banning Russian orphans; the action is a response to the U.S. Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act. Meanwhile, U.S. Senator Brian Schatz of Hawaii entered the world’s greatest deliberative body on this date. Prior to this, the Democrat was the 11th lieutenant governor of the state of Hawaii from December 06, 2010, until he stepped down from office and entered the Senate today.
- 2013 Thursday: Shinzo Abe the prime minister of Japan visits the Yasukuni Shrine located in Chiyoda, Tokyo; the shrine commemorates those who died while in the service of the Empire of Japan during the Meiji Restoration, which stored imperial rule to Japan in 1868.
- 2014 Friday: Ukraine exchanges 222 rebel prisoners for 150 Ukrainians held by rebel forces as well as maintain a blockade on the Crimea, seized by Russia months earlier. The cut off rail and road service to the disputed region.
- 2015 Saturday: British police swoop down and arrest a jihadi POS following a machete attack at Intu Bromley Shopping Center during ongoing Boxing Day celebrations. The police say they are ‘unclear as to the motive of the attacker’ when everyone knows it was a Muslim jihadist who wanted to attack celebrants of Christmas. Hang him.
- 2016 Monday: Israel says they are NOT going to honor the U.N. resolution condemning ‘illegal settlements’ by Israelis on Israeli soil. Good for you. Meanwhile, in a curious move that would make no sense until later, outgoing President Barack Hussein Obama signs the National Defense Authorization Act or the NDAA, that provides $619 billion for military purposes but also establishes an Anti-Propaganda Center.
- 2017 Tuesday: As Democrats continue spreading lies about the tax bill signed yesterday by President Donald J. Trump, they plan to use their phony version of it as a way of winning big in the 2018 Mid-Term Elections. What a bunch of scum. They claim that the tax law will harm charitable donations not that Democrats know anything about giving to charity because stats show conservatives with a strong belief in God donate to charity way more than leftists who believe in Marx and Engels.
- 2018 Wednesday: President Donald J. Trump makes a Christmas visit to a U.S. military base in Iraq where he receives an extremely warm welcome from U.S. servicemen-and-women. The Fake News Media points out that this is ‘his first trip to a war zone since coming to office two years ago.’ Wah, wah, wah. Meanwhile, President Trump says the government shutdown could continue quite a while due to the Democratic Party’s intransigence in refusing to fund the BORDER WALL separating the United States from chaos, anarchy, and violence.
- 2019 Thursday: As heavy fighting continues to rage across Syria, heavy bombing by Syrian government troops forces hospitals and health clinics in Idlib to close their doors and go underground. Meanwhile, thanks to rising tensions in the Gulf of Oman, the Japanese government announces it will send a naval destroyer to protect shipments of oil. Elsewhere, Muslims in India continue running amok over the ‘anti-Muslim citizenship law.’ Look, when the Muslims learn how to behave like everyone else, such laws will not be necessary.
- 2020 Saturday: A federal judge delays sentencing in the case of former FBI lawyer, Kevin Clinesmith who lied in the Trump-Russia Collusion Hoax the Democrats concocted to eliminate Mr. Trump. We suspect the court is awaiting the outcome of the January 5 Electoral College vote in the U.S. House of Representatives. Meanwhile, the Chi-Coms are poised to leapfrog the U.S. to become the lone global superpower by 2028. Elsewhere, federal, state, and local law enforcement continues to search for the culprits behind the Christmas Day RV explosion in downtown Nashville, Tennessee. If they have suspects in mind, they are remaining mum for the time being.
- 2020 Saturday A: The Pennsylvania lawmakers who have met with President Donald J. Trump say the ‘president is resolved in contesting the 2020 Election results.’ Meanwhile, U.S. officials deny they evacuated the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad’s Green Zone over threats of attack. Elsewhere, Japan urges ‘Pro-China Joe” Biden to remain strong on defending Taiwan, calling it a ‘red line’ the Chi-Coms should not cross. IF Biden does become president, we expect the Chi-Coms will move against FREE China within six months.
- 2020 Saturday B: The CARES Act unemployment benefits expire today. Meanwhile, the COVID-19 Relief Bill arrives at Mar-a-Lago in Florida for the president’s signature. Elsewhere, we learn that former British double agent George Blake dies in Moscow at age 98 on this date. Finally, the mayor of Miami, Florida, is doing his best to woo New York Wall Street banks to relocate to his state where there are no income taxes and freedom to operate. That would be amazing.
- 2020 Saturday C: Here are the numbers for the Xi Jinping Bat Flu- Pelosi Pox, communist China’s gift to the world and a boon for Democrats who want to exercise their fascist skills in locking down people’s lives like California’s duplicitous closet pansy Governor Gavin “The Smiler” Newsom: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 80,1229,602 confirmed cases, +463,077, 1,755,940, confirmed deaths, +70,225, and 45,338,147 confirmed recoveries, +405,622. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 19,103,992 confirmed cases, UP 164,718 from yesterday’s reporting, 335,265 confirmed deaths, UP 1,663, and 8,320,845 confirmed recoveries, UP 16,541.
- 2020 Saturday D: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 2,072,665 confirmed cases, 23,983 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 20,888 confirmed cases, 288 confirmed deaths, and no mention of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 237,689 confirmed cases, 3,268 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other state- Arizona. Currently, they have 393,041 confirmed cases, 8,424 confirmed deaths, and no mention of confirmed recoveries- thank you, Governor Ducey. Let’s look at Israel’s stats now that Mo is living there: 398,664 confirmed cases, 3,210 confirmed deaths, and 359,816 confirmed recoveries.
- 2020 Saturday E: We have three NFL games today: (2) Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 47 (10-5) @ Detroit Lions, 7 (5-10) Saturday 10:00 A.M. Next, (3) San Francisco 49ers, 20 (6-9) @ Arizona Cardinals, 12 (8-7) Saturday 1:30 P.M. Tonight’s game: (4) Miami Dolphins, 26 (10-5) @ Las Vegas Raiders, 25 (7-8) Saturday 5:15 P.M. In addition to this, we will also have results for tonight’s Super Lotto and Powerball draws. Here are the results for the Super Lotto Draw #3520 with a jackpot of $18 million up for grabs: 04, 06, 16, 19, 32, and Mega 02. Out of 97,179 winning tickets, one person won the jackpot of $18,000,000. The jackpot ticket was bought at the Café Paradise in San Jose, CA, 95111. Next, here are the results for the Powerball Draw #806: 10, 24, 27, 35, 53, and Powerball 18. Out of 102,257 winning tickets, the highest winner was one person who had FOUR numbers plus the Powerball for a prize of $114,230.
- 2020 Saturday F: Here we are, the day after Christmas and as you know, neither the Democratic Party OR their bosses in the Chinese Communist Party ever sleep so please stay tuned to see what the scum is up to today. We support President Donald J. Trump, Trump won the election, NOT Beijing Biden!
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0324 a 40” x 60” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Evening Shadows.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Peter Wolf’s sophomore effort did better than his first. “Come as You Are” came out on March 20, 1987 and hit #15 on the Billboard Hot 100 music charts which was a significant accomplishment. The interesting thing about this album is that the two people with whom Wolf wrote the tracks panned by Seth Justman following “Freeze-Frame” that led to Wolf jumping ship- Michael Jonzun and Don Covay are not around. He has other songwriting partners and musicians joining him. The band rocks from start to finish and we hope you will seek out this album wherever fine rock music is bought and sold. You will be so glad you did, no doubts about it. It would be a glorious Kwanzaa gift!
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 12-26-2020, all rights reserved. Total Word Count: 1,799.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, President Harry S. Truman, President Gerald R. Ford, The Beatles, “Magical Mystery Tour” by the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Vanilla Fudge, U.S. Senator Brian Schatz, Battle for Moscow, Stalingrad, Battle for Bastogne, Battle of the Bulge, V. Vicky Mazarotti, Peter Wolf,
TODAY IN HISTORY, SATURDAY DECEMBER 26, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Saturday, December 26, 2020:
[i] We definitely hope to present the music of ALL the classic Motown bands- including the famed Four Tops- sometime within the next decade. Please, stay tuned for further developments.
[ii] We promoted this album, “Magical Mystery Tour,” on Wednesday, 16-November-2016. We hope you will check out the soundtrack.
[iii] We promoted the music of Led Zeppelin- among other numerous interconnected bands beginning with the Yardbirds on Wednesday, 02-July-2014 through vocalist Paul Rodgers of both Free and Bad Company on Sunday, 19-October-2014. We definitely hope you will check them all out.
[iv] We promoted the music of New York City’s very own Vanilla Fudge, beginning on Friday, 01-November-2013 through Friday, 15-November-2013. You definitely will want to check them out so please, do so now.
[v] This f**ing movie is as scary today as it was back then. Check it out.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR