TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
346. TODAY IN HISTORY—FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2020:
Second Day of Hanukkah 2020
U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Ward Hunt; U.S. Attorney-General William Pinkney; U.S. Secretary of State John F. Kerry; AC/DC featuring Steve Young, the Jackson Five featuring Jermaine Jackson, (George Harrison) with Ravi Shankar, and the Rolling Stones featuring Darryl Jones:
- 384 Thursday: St. Damasus I ends his reign as Catholic Pope.
- 1620 Tuesday: 103 Mayflower pilgrims land at Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts.
- 1719 Saturday: In New England, the first recorded visible sighting of the Aurora Borealis takes place.
- 1769 Saturday: Edward Beran of London, England, patented venetian blinds on this date.
- 1792 Sunday: King Louis XVI went before the Convention to face charges of treason. Authorities convicted and executed him the following month.
- 1811 Tuesday: The United States 7th Attorney-General William Pinkney assumed his office on this date. A Democratic-Republican, he served under President James Madison from today to 02-09-1814.
- 1816 Tuesday: Indiana became the Union’s 19th state.
- 1844 Tuesday: After receiving an anesthetic for a dental procedure, Dr. Horace Wells became the first person to undergo a tooth extraction while anesthetized. The agent used to numb him was nitrous oxide, aka ‘laughing gas.’
- 1866 Monday: The first yacht race across the Atlantic Ocean from America to Europe takes place.
- 1872 Tuesday: The first black American governor elected in the U.S.—Pinckney Benton Stewart Pinchbeck takes his seat as governor of Louisiana. Meanwhile, the 42nd U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Ward Hunt assumed his position on the nation’s high court on this date. President Ulysses S. Grant nominated Hunt to fill Samuel Nelson’s seat. He remained on this court from today’s date to 01-27-1882.
- 1882 Sunday: On its opening day, today, the Bijou Theater in Boston became the first theater entirely lit by electricity.
- 1888 Monday: The French Panama Canal Company falls into bankruptcy and failure.
- 1903 Friday: British troops under the command of Generals McDonald and Young marched into the kingdom of Tibet on this date, determined to take it for the British Crown.
- 1910 Sunday: French inventor Georges Claude publicly displayed his first neon lamp, consisting of two 38-foot-long tubes at the Paris Expo.
- 1916 Monday: The British World War I government of David Lloyd George forms.
- 1917 Tuesday: German-occupied Lithuania proclaims independence from Czarist Russia. Meanwhile, convicted of participation in the race riots in Houston, Texas, 13 black U.S. soldiers meet their end at the gallows.
- 1928 Tuesday: Police in Buenos Aires announced that they had thwarted an attempt on the life of President-elect Herbert Hoover.
- 1931 Friday: The British Statute of Westminster gives complete legislative independence to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Newfoundland.
- 1936 Friday: Britain’s King Edward VIII abdicated his throne, so he could marry American divorcee Wallis Warfield Simpson; his brother, Prince Albert, became George VI.
- 1937 Saturday: Fascist Italy announced that it was withdrawing from the League of Nations on this date due to criticism of its invasion of Ethiopia. In the 25th Canadian Football League Grey Cup, the Toronto Argonauts defeat the Winnipeg Blue Bombers by a score of 30-7.
- 1941 Thursday: Germany and Italy declared war on the United States; the U.S. responded in kind. In addition, the Dutch government in exile in Great Britain declares war on Italy. Meanwhile, Japanese troops attempt to land on Wake Island in the Pacific for the first time and fail.
- 1942 Friday: The Royal Navy evacuates Australian/Dutch guerilla troops to Timor near Australia due to Japanese gains in the Pacific during World War II. Elsewhere, on the Eastern Front, the Germans are set to kickoff relief operations to save the trapped Sixth Army in Stalingrad. The weather is bad, snow flurries, winds, limited visibility which hampers air operations. Still, they are prepared to kick off early tomorrow morning in Operation Winter Storm.
- 1943 Saturday: John F. Kerry—future Democratic senator (1985-2013) and 68th U.S. secretary of state under President Barack Obama from 02-01-2013 to 01-20-2017—is born on this date on this date in Aurora, Colorado.
- 1946 Wednesday: The United Nations suspended Fascist Spain from its ranks on this date in history. In addition, the UN established the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) on this date.
- 1949 Sunday: In the final AAFC (All-American Football Conference) Championship Game, the Cleveland Browns beat the San Francisco 49ers by a score of 21-7.
- 1951 Tuesday: Joe DiMaggio of the New York Yankees announced his retirement from Major League Baseball. During his 13-year career, DiMaggio played for one team and one team only, the Yankees.
- 1954 Saturday: Jermaine Jackson, future member of the Jackson Five[i] (backing and lead vocals, keyboards 1962-1975 / 1983-1989 / 2001 / 2012-present), was born in Gary, Indiana, on this date.
- 1956 Tuesday: Future guitarist with the Australian rock band, AC/DC[ii] from 2014 to the present—Steve Young—is born on this date.
- 1961 Monday: A U.S. aircraft carrier carrying Army helicopters arrived in Saigon—the first direct American assistance to the South Vietnamese government’s fight against communist guerrillas. Meanwhile, future bassist with the Rolling Stones[iii], 1993 to present- Darryl Jones- is born in Chicago, Illinois, on this date.
- 1967 Monday: People’s Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) is established.
- 1972 Monday: Apollo 17’s lunar module landed on the surface of the moon with astronauts Eugene Cernan and Harrison Schmitt aboard; during three extra-vehicular activities (EVA’s), they became the last two men to step onto the surface of the moon to date.
- 1978 Monday: Six masked men bind 10 employees of Lufthansa Airlines’ cargo area at New York’s Kennedy Airport and make off with $5.8 million in cash and jewelry.
- 1979 Tuesday: Great Britain grants Rhodesia—soon to be Zimbabwe—independence.
- 1980 Thursday: President Jimmy Carter signed legislation creating a $1.6 billion environmental “superfund” to pay for cleaning up chemical spills and toxic waste dumps.
- 1981 Friday: Muhammad Ali’s final fight, his 61st, ends in a loss to Trevor Burdick.
- 1985 Wednesday: The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes above 1,500 for the first time at 1,511.70. Meanwhile, General Electric Company agreed to buy RCA Corporation for $6.3 billion. Also included in the deal was NBC Radio and Television.
- 1988 Sunday: When tons of illegal fireworks blew up in a Mexico City marketplace, 62 people died in the explosion.
- 1990 Tuesday: At Chattanooga, Tennessee, 13 people die in an 83-vehicle pileup that took place in heavy fog. Elsewhere, after 12 years of marriage, Donald and Ivana Trump received their divorce papers.
- 1995 Monday: Thomas O. Hicks buys the NHL Dallas Stars franchise for $84 million.
- 1997 Thursday: More than 150 countries agreed at a Global Warming conference in Kyoto, Japan, to control the Earth’s greenhouse gases. Meanwhile, Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams became the first political ally of the IRA to meet a British leader in 76 years. He conferred with British Prime Minister Tony Blair in London.
- 2001 Tuesday: In the first criminal indictment stemming from 9/11, federal prosecutors charged Zacarias Moussaoui, a French citizen of Moroccan descent, with conspiring to murder thousands in the jihadist suicide hijackings. The POS Islamist thug pleaded guilty to conspiracy in 2005 and was sentenced to life in prison.
- 2007 Tuesday: CIA Director Michael Hayden testified before the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee in a closed-door session in which, he said he didn’t know much about the destruction of evidence regarding so-called allegations of torture at Guantanamo Bay’s POW site for jihadists or in black site prisons abroad. He was warned not to destroy any evidence he mind uncover moving forward.
- 2008 Thursday: Former Nasdaq chairman Bernie Madoff underwent arrest, accused of running a multibillion-dollar Ponzi scheme. Currently, Mr. Madoff is serving a sentence of 150 years in a Federal prison. Meanwhile, the remains of missing Florida toddler Caylee Anthony were discovered six months after she went missing. Her mother, Casey Anthony, was later acquitted of murder in her daughter’s death.
- 2009 Friday: Tiger Woods announced on his website that he was taking an indefinite leave of from golf to try to save his floundering, 5-year-old marriage to Elin Nordegren. However, the couple ended up divorcing in August 2010.
- 2010 Saturday: The 46-year-old son of convicted fraud king, Bernie Madoff, Andrew, kills himself in his Manhattan apartment due to people’s suspicions that he aided his father in defrauding his clients.
- 2011 Sunday: Following more election fraud in Russia, tens of thousands of people take to the streets demanding change. The parliamentary elections were all marred by fraud. What else is new in Russia?
- 2012 Tuesday: In Lansing, Michigan, thousands of union agitators protest outside the capital building as Michigan’s government passes right-to-work laws, becoming the 24th state in the nation to have such legislation and the most highly unionized of all of them. Elsewhere, Venezuela’s thug president, Hugo Chavez, undergoes cancer surgery in the island paradise of Communist Cuba; it did not work, and the fool later died. Finally, famed sitarist Ravi Shankar[iv]—the sixth performer at Woodstock in 1969 (10:00 to 10:35 P.M.)—died on this date.
- 2013 Wednesday: Twenty people die on the island of Madagascar from bubonic plague, which rats transmit to humans via fleas; authorities identify chronic overcrowding and unhygienic prison conditions as the root cause of the outbreak. Meanwhile, Pope Frances I becomes Time Magazine’s ‘Person of the Year.’
- 2014 Thursday: A 219-year-old time capsule is being excavated from beneath the cornerstone of the Massachusetts State House in Boston; the capsule, first found in 1855 and reburied, is likely the oldest in the U.S. Elsewhere, Barack Hussein Obama’s CIA Director John Brennan defends interrogation methods employed in the aftermath of the 9-11 terrorist attacks but labels some of them as ‘abhorrent.’
- 2015 Friday: In Paris at the summit on climate change-global warming-extreme weather, world leaders introduce the agreement they have hammered out to save the planet from extinction. Of course, Western nations will be punished while the Chi-Coms, Russia, India, and Third World nations will either prosper or be unaffected. Meanwhile, Playboy Magazine publishes its final ‘nude’ issue with big-breasted Pamela Anderson on the cover.
- 2016 Sunday: President Barack Hussein Obama orders a probe into the 2016 Presidential Election after thug (former communist) CIA Director John Brennan claims ‘Russia meddled in the election.’ Meanwhile, President-elect Donald J. Trump is set to announce Exxon-Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson to become his secretary of state.
- 2017 Monday: Conservative supporters rally for Alabama GOP Senate nominee Judge Roy Moore. Vilified by the left, tarred, and feathered with all manner of lies, BS, and falsehoods, the judge is fighting Democrat Doug Jones to win the vacated seat of Senator Jeff Sessions, now the U.S. Attorney-General.
- 2018 Tuesday: President Donald J. Trump threatens the angry Democrats with a government shutdown if they won’t provide him with funding for the border wall between the United States and Mexico. Elsewhere, in the northeastern part of France at the city of Strasbourg, French authorities are searching for a jihadist POS who murdered three people at a Christmas market.
- 2019 Wednesday: Not to be outdone by U.S. freshman Congresswoman Sandy Cortez, the European Union poses a comprehensive European Green Deal that will force additional socialist measures upon the citizens of Europe. Meanwhile, U.S. Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz testifies before the Senate Judiciary Committee. Elsewhere, jihadists attack a military camp in the African nation of Niger killing at least 70 government troops and wounding countless others.
- 2020 Friday: Following yesterday’s federal execution of prisoner Brandon Bernard for some killings back in 1999, another federal inmate on death row is scheduled to die today: Alfred Bourgeois. Mr. Bourgeois has been on death row for 17 years following conviction in the murder of his two-year-old daughter back in 2002. Liberals, of course, are outraged, and claim President Donald J. Trump and Attorney General William “Bill” Barr are rushing hurriedly through executions of inmates scheduled to die. Meanwhile, now that Hunter Biden is under federal investigation for tax fraud, corruption, and for dealing with the Chi-Coms, his father’s pick for attorney-general becomes even more important for son, Hunter. Many suspect Sally Yates will be the next AG IF Biden wins the 2020 Presidential Election and any and all prosecutions of the Biden Family will vanish.
- 2020 Friday A: In Arizona, House Bill HB 2706 would ban trannys from playing on girls’ sports teams. Of course, the liberals are going bonkers over this. Next, two U.S. Senators- Josh Hawley of Missouri and Bernie Sanders of Vermont- have united forces to demand a COVID-19, aka Chi-Vi- relief bill be put through to help the American people. Both House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell are opposed to current proposed bills designed to deliver relief to the people of the country. Meanwhile, the United States plans to emplace sanctions on Turkey for them buying Russian S-400 anti-aircraft missiles systems. As a NATO member, they are not supposed to buy weapons from hostile states.
- 2020 Friday B: The St. Louis prosecutor seeking to send Mark and Patricia McCloskey to prison for having stood in front of their home with a handgun and an AR-15 rifle earlier in the year in their private neighborhood when an Antifa-Black Lives Matter mob of thugs stormed the neighborhood and threatened to kill, murder, rape, rob, and burn down their home along with their pets. Mr. and Mrs. McCloskey are Democrats but the Democrats in charge in St. Louis do not like white people- no matter their party affiliation- defending themselves from violent mobs with firearms. Meanwhile, 106 GOP House members have signed on to the Texas-led lawsuit on election fraud although House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy has not. What is up with him? Speaking of election fraud, a big joint public hearing on election theft and fraud in Wisconsin is ongoing today in Madison, Wisconsin. More evidence continues coming to light on how bold the Democrats were in stealing the election from Trump in their state. Elsewhere, radio talk show host, Michael Savage, tells Newsmax that SCOTUS will reject the Texas lawsuit. What a guy.
- 2020 Friday C: As more and more information continues coming to light about how compromised Congressman Eric Swalwell is thanks to him having had a long-running affair with a Chi-Com intelligence agent, Christine Fang, aka Fang-Fang, former DNI Ric Grenell tells Newsmax that ‘Beijing has its tendrils deep into the United States, going after politicians and businessmen-and-women.’ It must stop and Rep. Swalwell must face expulsion from Congress and should be prosecuted as was former FBI agent Richard Hanssen who is doing time in federal lockup for having spied for the Soviet Union and then for Russia. Meanwhile, the U.S. Supreme Court rules that Muslim men can sue the FBI for placing them onto the No-Fly List. Elsewhere, the Lone Star State is considering returning to being the independent nation it originally was as lawmakers seek to hold a secession vote that is known as ‘Texit.’
- 2020 Friday D: The U.S. Supreme Court of the United States rejects the multi-state lawsuit headed by Texas regarding the 2020 Presidential Election. Many believe it’s over now although some still hold out hope for a different outcome even after today’s mind-blowing hearing into election fraud in Wisconsin. One never knows but for the pro-Trumpers, it’s time to accept that the Chi-Coms, their allies, and their Democratic Party gofers stole the election and put it into the hands of enfeebled “Pro-China Joe” Biden and his running mate, Kamala Harris. Be careful what you wish for, Chi-Coms, be careful for you what wish…speaking of the rejection, House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi says that ‘House GOP members who signed onto the bid- including House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy- brought dishonor upon the august body.’ Madam Speaker, every day you draw breath, you bring dishonor to the country. Shame on YOU.
- 2020 Friday E: Speaking of the Chi-Coms, here are the numbers for the Xi Jinping Bat Flu- Pelosi Pox: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 70,025,535 confirmed cases, +541,680, 1,590,323, confirmed deaths, +10,317, and 45,070,225 confirmed recoveries, +381,762. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 16,004,359 confirmed cases, up 289,128 from yesterday’s reporting, 298,796 confirmed deaths, UP 3,346, and 7,284,291 confirmed recoveries, UP 61,479
- 2020 Friday F: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 1,490,879 confirmed cases, 20,636 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 19,315 confirmed cases, 269 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 201,179 confirmed cases, 3,075 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other state: New Hampshire: currently, they have 29,460 confirmed cases, 590 confirmed deaths, and 22,046 confirmed recoveries. Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 353,269 confirmed cases, 2,969 confirmed deaths, and 333,900 confirmed recoveries.
- 2020 Friday G: Here are the stats for today’s Stock Market closes: first the DOW Jones Industrial Average, 30,046.37, UP 47.11 points (+0.16%). Next, here are the stats for the NASDAQ: 12,377.87, DOWN 27.94 points (-0.23%). Finally, here are the numbers for the S&P 500: 3,663.46, DOWN 4.64 points (-0.13%). Price of GOLD: $1,843.50 per troy oz., -0.10 (-0.01%) Here is the price of SILVER: $24.08 per troy oz., -0.017 (-0.07%). Price of PLATINUM: $1,017.20 per troy oz., -2.40 (-0.10%). Price of PALLADIUM: $2,333.10 per troy oz., -4.80 (-0.47%). Here is the price of COPPER: $3.53 per #, +0.0065 (+0.18%). Price of Light Sweet Crude Oil per barrel: $46.56, -0.01 (-0.02%). Today, one-dollar U.S. = 6.54 PRC yuan whereas one U.S. greenback = 0.83 euros. Just for a lark, $1 U.S. = 76.86 Afghan Afghani.
- 2020 Friday H: Here are the numbers for tonight’s Mega Millions Draw #1615 with a jackpot of $376 million up for grabs: 19, 31, 37, 55, 67, and Mega 25. Out of 88,153 winning tickets, the highest winners were four people who had four numbers plus the Mega for a prize of $5,912 apiece.
- 2020 Friday I: Folks, we encourage everyone to stick around to discover whatever the Chi-Coms and their flunkies in the Democratic Party- along with the Canucks, the Iranians, and the Russians are up to today. You know they’re up to no good, sons-of-bi****s. Here’s a good one: Chi-Com state-run media blasts the U.S. in general and the Trump administration in particular for criticizing its ‘stellar record on human rights.’ Chi-Coms, you are akin to the Nazis.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0309 a 24” x 36” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Reflections.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
The follow up to “Bloodshot,” “Ladies Invited,” came out on November 09, 1973. Once again, the band cranked out a fine set of bluesy-rock-and-roll tunes. The lineup remained the same- John “J.” Geils (guitars), Peter Wolf (vocals), Seth Justman (keyboards/vocals), Danny Klein (bass/vocals), Stephen Jo Bladd (drums), and “Magic Dick” (harmonicas/saxophones)- and as always, everyone was on fire. The cover art is said to resemble actress Faye Dunaway (look her up Gen X, Y, and Z) who was romantically involved with Peter Wolf and who would exchange vows with him a year later. We love this album, particularly the powerful tune, “Chimes.” You won’t be disappointed in this album which is why we encourage everyone to pick it up at your favorite site for nothing but the best in rock music.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 12-11-2020, all rights reserved. Word Count: 1,976.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, AC/DC, Steve Young, Ravi Shankar, Woodstock 1969, Jermaine Jackson, The Jackson Five, the Rolling Stones, Darryl Jones, U.S. Secretary of State John F. Kerry, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Ward Hunt, 7th Attorney-General William Pinkney, J. Geils Band- the, Stinkbug,
TODAY IN HISTORY, FRIDAY DECEMBER 11, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Friday, December 11, 2020:
[i] We expect to present the music of the Jackson Five and Michael Jackson sometime in 2025-2026 so please stay tuned for future developments.
[ii] We are not sure when AC/DC will be in the works but you bet they will be at some point, possibly in 2027-2028.
[iii] We began sharing with the readership the music of this veteran British band (as well as its individual members) on Monday, 21-March-2016-and concluded the presentation on Sunday, 28-August-2016. We hope you will seek them out by visiting the various blog posts between these dates so you can see what interests you.
[iv] We hope to one day share with you the music of this amazing musician but haven’t a clue as to when that might be. 2030? Possibly. Stay tuned.
Total Word Count 1,976 plus 125 for a total word count of 2,101.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR