TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
339. TODAY IN HISTORY—FRIDAY, DECEMBER 04, 2020:
U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.; “El Caudillo” Francisco Franco Bahamonde; the Beach Boys featuring Dennis Wilson, the Byrds featuring Chris Hillman, Deep Purple featuring Tommy Bolin, Gov’t Mule featuring Andy Hess, Lynyrd Skynyrd featuring Gary Rossington, Moby Grape featuring Bob Mosley, and the Mothers of Invention featuring Frank Zappa:
- 1111 Tuesday: Sidon, one of Syria’s major ports surrenders to the Crusaders.
- 1214 Friday: Alexander II became King of Scots at age 16, upon the death of his father, William the Lion.
- 1534 Saturday: Troops under the command of Sultan Suleiman take the city of Baghdad, Iraq.
- 1619 Sunday: A group of settlers from Bristol, England, arrived at Berkeley Hundred in present-day Charles City County, Virginia, where they held a service thanking God for their safe arrival. Some suggest this was the true first Thanksgiving in America, ahead of the Pilgrims’ arrival in Massachusetts.
- 1745 Thursday: The army of Bonnie Prince Charlie reaches Derby, England.
- 1783 Tuesday: General George Washington bade farewell to his Continental Army officers at Fraunces Tavern in New York City.
- 1791 Friday: The first issue of Britain’s Observer hit the newsstand on this date.
- 1812 Thursday: Peter Gaillard patented the power mower on this date.
- 1816 Tuesday: James Monroe of Virginia was elected to be the fifth president of the United States.
- 1829 Thursday: In India, Great Britain bans ‘suttee,’ the practice of the widow throwing herself atop her husband’s funeral pyre.
- 1833 Tuesday: Arthur Tappan forms the American Anti-Slavery Society in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 1836 Saturday: The Whig Party holds its first national convention in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
- 1844 Tuesday: The people of the United States elect James K. Polk its eleventh president.
- 1867 Tuesday: The National Grange of Husbandry underwent founding on this date. The founding took place in Washington, DC, to promote the interests of American farmers and ranchers.
- 1875 Friday: The boss of New York’s Tammany Hall political organization—William Marcy Tweed—escaped from jail and fled the United States on this date.
- 1892 Saturday: In Ferrol, Spain, future savior of Spain and Phalangist leader Francisco Franco Bahamonde is born. During the Spanish Civil War, he would lead the Nationalists who, with the help of Axis powers Germany and Italy, beat the communist Republicans and keep the country free.
- 1902 Thursday: The 58th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr., took his place on the nation’s high court on this date. A Republican, President Theodore Roosevelt nominated his fellow Republican to fill the seat of Horace Gray. He served from today to 01-12-1932.
- 1909 Saturday: In the 1st 8th Canadian Football League Grey Cup, the University of Toronto defeats Toronto Parkdale, 26-6.
- 1912 Wednesday: Medal of Honor recipient Gregory “Pappy” Boyington, the Marine Corps pilot who led the famous “Black Sheep Squadron” during World War II, was born in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
- 1915 Saturday: The Ku Klux Klan receives a charter from Fulton County, Georgia.
- 1918 Wednesday: President Woodrow Wilson leaves the country bound for the Versailles Peace Conference in France, becoming the first sitting president to be outside the United States while in office.
- 1920 Saturday: In the 8th Canadian Football League Grey Cup, the University of Toronto defeats the Toronto Argonauts 16-3.
- 1926 Saturday: In the 14th Canadian Football League Grey Cup, the Ottawa Senators defeat the University of Toronto, 10-7.
- 1933 Monday: President Franklin Delano Roosevelt creates the Federal Alcohol Control Administration.
- 1942 Friday: U.S. bombers struck the Italian mainland during World War II for the first time. Elsewhere, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt ordered the dismantling of the Works Progress Administration, which had been created to provide jobs during the Great Depression. Finally, future bassist/vocalist with the San Francisco rock band, Moby Grape[i]—Bob Mosley—is born on this date.
- 1943 Saturday: During World War II, the Second Conference of Cairo occurs as President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Prime Minister Winston Churchill, and Turkish President Inonu meet with the purpose of (1) forcing the Turks to join the Allied cause at best or (2) to get them to quit sending raw materials to the Germans. Elsewhere, Major League Baseball Commissioner Kennesaw Mountain Landis announced that any club was free to employ black players.
- 1944 Monday: Chris Hillman, famed bassist and singer with the Byrds[ii] and the Flying Burrito Brothers[iii] as well as the Desert Rose Band[iv] and other groups of the rock era was born on this date. Moreover, Dennis Wilson, future drummer and vocalist with the Beach Boys[v], is born in southern California on this date.
- 1945 Tuesday: The Senate approved U.S. participation in the United Nations by a vote of 65-7.
- 1951 Tuesday: Gary Rossington—future guitarist with the Southern rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd[vi]—is born in the United States on this date.
- 1954 Saturday: The first Burger King stand opened in Miami, owned, and operated by James McLamore and David Edgerton.
- 1961 Monday: In the fourth round of their heavyweight boxing title fight, Floyd Patterson knocks out Tom McNeeley.
- 1965 Saturday: The United States launched Gemini 7 with Air Force Lt. Col. Frank Borman and Navy Commander James A. Lovell aboard. While Gemini 7 was aloft, its sister ship, Gemini 6A, was launched on December 15 on a one-day mission; the two spacecraft were able to rendezvous within a foot of each other.
- 1966 Sunday: Andy Hess—future bassist with the Southern rock band, Gov’t Mule[vii], 2003-2009, is born on this date.
- 1973 Tuesday: Pioneer 10 reached Jupiter on this date.
- 1976 Saturday: Tommy Bolin, American-born guitarist who joined the British band, Deep Purple[viii], to replace founding guitarist, Ritchie Blackmore, died from a drug overdose on this date.
- 1977 Sunday: Jean-Bedel Bokassa, ruler of the Central African Empire, crowned himself emperor in a ceremony believed to have cost more than $100 million; however, his subjects deposed him two years later.
- 1978 Monday: San Francisco got its first female mayor as City Supervisor Dianne Feinstein was named to replace the assassinated George Moscone.
- 1980 Thursday: El Salvadoran authorities unearthed the bodies of four slain American nuns. A court in the nation later convicted five national guardsmen of the murders.
- 1983 Sunday: In retaliation for attacks directed at American reconnaissance planes, United States jet fighters attacked Syrian[ix] antiaircraft positions. However, the Syrians were able to shoot down Navy Lt. Robert O. Goodman Jr. and took him into captivity.
- 1984 Tuesday: A five-day hijack drama began as four armed men seized a Kuwaiti airliner en route to Pakistan and forced it to land in Tehran where the hijackers killed American passenger Charles Hegna.
- 1986 Thursday: Both houses of Congress moved to establish special committees to conduct their own investigations into the Iran-Contra Affair to sully the presidency of Ronald Reagan.
- 1987 Friday: After holding 89 hostages for 11 days at a federal prison in Atlanta, Cuban inmates ended the standoff with authorities by releasing their captives.
- 1990 Tuesday: Saddam Hussein announces he will release 3,300 Soviet hostages.
- 1991 Wednesday: Associated Press journalist Terry Anderson, the longest held of the Western hostages in Lebanon after nearly seven years in captivity. Elsewhere, Pan American World Airways ceased operations on this date.
- 1993 Saturday: Frank Zappa—founding member of the Mothers of Invention[x] as well as master of a long solo career—lost his battle with prostate cancer on this date.
- 1995 Monday: The first NATO troops landed in the Balkans to begin setting up a peace mission that brought American soldiers into the middle of the Bosnian conflict.
- 1996 Wednesday: The Mars Pathfinder lifted off from Cape Canaveral and began speeding toward the red planet on a 310-million-mile odyssey. It arrived at Mars in July 1997.
- 1997 Thursday: The NBA suspends Latrell Sprewell of the Golden State Warriors for having physically assaulted his coach, P. J. Carlissimo.
- 2010 Saturday: While world leaders back Africa’s Alassane Ouattara as the Ivory Coast presidential election winner, a swearing-in ceremony is held for Laurent Gbagbo in Cote d’Ivoire.
- 2011 Sunday: A report hits the news sending Climate Change activists into a frenzy: global emissions climbed a record 5.9-percent in 2010. Holy jamoly! Meanwhile, in Durban, South Africa, climate activists take to the streets in the thousands to protest world leaders for destroying the planet.
- 2012 Tuesday: In Egypt, 100,000 people gather around the presidential palace in Cairo to protest the Muslim Brotherhood-friendly policies of President Mohammad Morsi.
- 2013 Wednesday: After the European Union determines the banks rigged interest rates, they fine them $2.3 billion. Elsewhere, U.S. Secretary of State John F. Kerry says that the ‘ongoing uproar over the NSA’s spying program on world leaders should not threaten U.S.-Europe trade talks.’
- 2014 Thursday: Texas and 16 other states sue the Obama[xi] administration over his executive order to postpone deportation of millions of illegal aliens; the states claim the order is illegal.
- 2015 Friday: In Mexico, the nation’s supreme court opens the door to the legalization of marijuana. Meanwhile, Democratic-Socialist Senator Bernie Sanders pushes a bill that will ban drilling on public land in the United States.
- 2016 Sunday: After eight years in office, New Zealand Prime Minister John Key resigns from office. Meanwhile, Pakistan’s former Prime Minister Pervez Musharraf says ‘President-elect Donald J. Trump has much to learn about geopolitics but that he hopes he has an open mind.’
- 2017 Monday: The U.S. Supreme Court allows President Donald J. Trump’s latest travel ban to take place. Restrictions on eight countries will bar most of their citizens from entering the United States. The countries are Iran, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Chad, and North Korea, along with some Venezuelans.
- 2018 Tuesday: Following a closed-door briefing in which, CIA Director Gina Haspel shared her thoughts on the murder of Saudi-American journalist Jamal Khashoggi with U.S. senators, Foreign Relations Committee Chair Bob Corker, R-TN, says ‘they hold Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin-Salman personally responsible for the outrage.’ Meanwhile, special counsel Robert S. Mueller III said he’s ‘not seeking jail time for former national security director General Michael Flynn citing his substantial assistance in investigating the case.’ Yet two years later, a whacked-out judge- Emmet G. Sullivan would NOT dismiss the case when ordered to do by the U.S. Department of Justice and would continue trying to send Gen. Flynn to prison until President Donald J. Trump issued him a pardon on November 25, 2020.
- 2019 Wednesday: The first day of the impeachment inquiry in the House Judiciary Committee where it belongs began with Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-NY, running the show. Four esteemed constitutional scholars appeared before them to answer questions as to whether President Donald J. Trump’s actions were or were not impeachable. Three of them, Trump-hating Democrats- Prof. Pamela S. Karlan[xii], Prof. Michael Gerhardt[xiii], and Prof. Noah Feldman[xiv]– said they were and one conservative Democrat- Prof. Jonathan Turley[xv]– said they were not.
- 2020 Friday: Congress passes a bill that would create a monument in Washington, D.C., honoring slain journalists. The House also passes a bill legalizing marijuana at the federal level, one that leaves legalization issues up to the states. Meanwhile, President Donald J. Trump threatens a veto of the Defense Bill over the issues of NOT reining in BIG TECH as well as the halt to troop withdrawal from Afghanistan, the removal of troops from Germany, and the renaming of U.S. military bases honoring Confederate States of America war heroes.
- 2020 Friday A: ‘President-elect Pro-China Joe” Biden says he encourages ALL Americans to wear masks for 100 days. Uh, okay, Joe. Speaking of masks, the so-called ‘president-elect’ offers a job to Dr. Tony Fauci who leaps upon it the moment it’s offered. What a sycophant. Meanwhile, the GOP warms to the prospect of a bi-partisan stimulus bill with which to aid those affected by the Chinese Virus lockdowns and restrictions. Speaking of the Xi Jinping Bat Flu, Fox News reports that far-left pundit Juan Williams is suffering from the affects of this insidious Chi-Com disease.
- 2020 Friday B: We hear reports that Donald Trump Jr. could become the next president of the National Rifle Association. Meanwhile, Catholic groups are angry over the GREAT BISHOPS kissing the ring of ‘President-elect Pro-China Joe’ Biden, a man who never saw an abortion he didn’t like at any stage of fetal development. Many people fear the DEEP CHURCH, an entity headed by Pope Francis who is a socialist in pontiff’s garb. Millions of Catholics find themselves questioning the authority of the church when the church is siding with communists.
- 2020 Friday C: Georgia Governor Brian Kemp orders a signature envelope recount to determine if fraud occurred in his state on November 3. After seeing ample evidence of the voter fraud that occurred in State Farm Arena in Atlanta on the night of November 3-4, the entire election should be tossed and done over- in person, with voter ID- because the original election was totally corrupt. If people are not charged and punished for the crimes they committed against the voters of the Peach State and sent to prison, in 2022 Governor Kemp, the Democrats will come for YOU. Moron.
- 2020 Friday D: Folks, here are the numbers for the Xi Jinping Bat Flu- Pelosi Pox: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 65,760,928 confirmed cases, +649,062, 1,515,990, confirmed deaths, +11,687, and 42,248,499 confirmed recoveries, +396,600. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 14,463,929 confirmed cases, up 238,540 from yesterday’s reporting, 281,798 confirmed deaths, UP 2,874, and 6,878,662 confirmed recoveries, UP 53,323.
- 2020 Friday E: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 1,293,887 confirmed cases, 19,586 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 18,605 confirmed cases, 256 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 180,125 confirmed cases, 3,040 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let us look at one other state: North Dakota: currently, they have 81,949 confirmed cases, 989 confirmed deaths, and 75,653 confirmed recoveries. Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 342,101 confirmed cases, 2,896 confirmed deaths, and 327,162 confirmed recoveries. Speaking of Israel, Jerusalem has contracted with Moderna for three-times the original amount of Chi-Vi vaccines to be delivered to them. Let’s look at one other country: Canada- currently, they have 402,569 confirmed cases, 12,496 confirmed deaths, and 320,096 confirmed recoveries. Seeing as how the Canucks declared WAR on the USA via their bogus Dominion Voting Systems, we do NOT wish them well.
- 2020 Friday F: Here are the stats for today’s Stock Market closes: first the DOW Jones Industrial Average, 30,218.16, UP 248.74 points (+0.83%). Next, here are the stats for the NASDAQ: 12,464.63, UP 87.05 points (+0.70%). Finally, here are the numbers for the S&P 500: 3,699.12, UP 32.40 points (+0.88%). Price of GOLD: $1,842.00 per troy oz., +2.00 (+0.11%) Here is the price of SILVER: $24.32 per troy oz., +0.067 (+0.28%). Price of PLATINUM: $1,070.20 per troy oz., -2.60 (-0.24%). Price of PALLADIUM: $2,357.80 per troy oz., +39.90 (+1.72%). Here is the price of COPPER: $3.53 per #, +0.0045 (+0.13%). Price of Light Sweet Crude Oil per barrel: $46.09, -0.17 (-0.37%). Today, one-dollar U.S. = 6.53 PRC yuan whereas one U.S. greenback = 0.82 euros. Just for a lark, $1 U.S. = 76.88 Afghan Afghani. In other economic news, last month, the U.S. added 245,000 new jobs, below expectations. Unemployment dropped to 6.7-percent, still high, but given the fact that we are in a war with the Chi-Coms, the Canucks, the Iranians, the Russians, and the dimwits in the Democratic Party, it’s NOT so bad.
- 2020 Friday G: Stick around for tonight’s Mega Millions Draw #1613 with a jackpot of $264 million up for grabs. Here are tonight’s numbers: 03, 19, 24, 44, 50, and Mega 08. Out of 100,494 winning tickets, the highest winner was one person who had four numbers plus the Mega for a prize of $28,863.
- 2020 Friday H: A federal court of appeals rules in favor of the Trump administration redeploying Defense Department funds into erecting the southern border wall that separates civilization from the uncivilized. Another judge rules against the Trump administration’s termination of DACA by ordering it restored. This is the program the Obama administration sold as a ‘humane act’ because it provided children brought to this country by their illegal alien parents with an avenue towards legality and eventual citizenship.
- 2020 Friday I: As you know, we keep a close eye on the Chi-Coms and their Democratic Party stooges here in the U.S. Talk about a Fifth Column! The Democrats fit that bill to a tee, thanks to their constant pushing of socialism, socialism, and more socialism. Stick around to discover what they’ve done today…
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0302 a 12” x 16” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Desert Flood.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Say what you will about aged rockers- rock and roll either makes you a long-lived legend a la Mick Jones- or it takes you out in a blaze of glory at age 27 like Jim Morrison, Brian Jones, Ron “Pigpen” McKernan, Janis Joplin, Alan Wilson, or some slightly older guys like Keith Moon and the like. Foreigner’s current lineup, much younger than legendary axe man Jones delivers a red-hot set of fiery renditions of tunes that led to the sales of 80 million and still counting albums. I mean, how many bands still are able to continue generating a positive cash flow yet that’s what these guys do. Fans love the album like we do which is why we encourage everyone to seek this one out and add it to your growing collection. Lou Gramm- who? Please seek out “The Greatest Hits of Foreigner- Live in Concert,” a superb album that came out on December 22, 2018- you will be glad you did.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 12-04-2020, all rights reserved. Word Count: 2,755.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, The Beach Boys, Dennis Wilson, The Byrds, Chris Hillman, Deep Purple, Tommy Bolin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Gary Rossington, Frank Zappa, the Mothers of Invention, Andy Hess, Gov’t Mule, Moby Grape, Bob Mosley, “El Caudillo” Francisco Franco Bahamonde, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr., Foreigner, Roland Carl Davis,
TODAY IN HISTORY, FRIDAY DECEMBER 04, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Friday, December 04, 2020:
[i] We presented the music of Moby Grape, famed San Francisco acid-rock band, beginning on Monday, 09-April-2012 and concluded the presentation on Monday, 23-April-2012. Please seek them out and consider adding them to your collection.
[ii] We offered the music of the Byrds beginning on Monday, 16-January-2012 and concluded the presentation on Friday, 17-February-2012.
[iii] We presented the music of the Flying Burrito Brothers beginning Sunday, 23-February-2014 and concluded our presentation on Thursday, 06-March-2014.
[iv] The Desert Rose Band is a long ways in the future, when we complete the British rock bands and return to the American. Please stay tuned for further developments.
[v] We hope to present the Beach Boys and its members at some point within the next five years.
[vi] We hope to share the music of Lynyrd Skynyrd sometime in the next decade. At least by 2029.
[vii] When we present the music of the Allman Brothers Band, we will present the music of Gov’t Mule. Stay tuned for further developments.
[viii] We shared the music of Deep Purple, Ian Gillan, Captain Beyond, Elf, and Rainbow beginning on Tuesday, 20-March-2018 and concluded this massive offering on Sunday, 14-October-2018. Please seek out the music by all of these phenomenal bands. All are fabulous.
[ix] Syria has always been a problem in the control of the Assad Family and we have had to light them up on numerous occasions. They were scum then and remain scum to this day.
[x] We began presenting the music of the Mothers of Invention and of Frank Zappa beginning on Monday, 21-January-2013 and concluded the presentation on Monday, 13-May-2013. Please seek them out, we believe you will enjoy the music of this famed man and his band.
[xi] Although known as “The Deporter-in-Chief,” Barack Obama’s administration combined the numbers of those turned back at the southern border with apprehensions within the country, thereby deflating his record on deportations. Truthfully, he did as little as possible to protect illegal aliens. Shame on him.
[xii] This woman is a BIG Hillary Clinton supporter, donated boatloads of money to her, and was on the short list for a Supreme Court nomination had Hillary won the 2016 Presidential Election and not Donald J. Trump. She is a Stanford University Law professor.
[xiii] UNC Law Professor.
[xiv] Harvard Law Professor.
[xv] George Washington University Law Professor. Prof. Turley is the ONLY member of this fraudulent panel who actually admitted that he did NOT vote for President Trump while the others hemmed and hawed over their failure to be just as blunt that they, too, did not vote for the 45th president.
Total Word Count: 2,755 plus 420 in the endnotes for a total of: 3,175.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR