TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
337. TODAY IN HISTORY—WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 02, 2020:
U.S. Secretary of State Alexander M. Haig; U.S. Attorneys-General John Breckinridge and James Speed; U.S. Secretary of Defense Thomas S. Gates Jr.; U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (former); U.S. Senator John Cornyn; the Beatles featuring Ringo Starr, (the Rolling Stones featuring) Bobby Keys, Def Leppard featuring Rick Savage, Lee Michaels, Love, and Moby Grape:
- 1697 Friday: St. Paul’s Cathedral opens in London, England.
- 1760 Sunday: In Augusta County, Virginia, future 5th U.S. Attorney-General John Breckinridge is born. A future Democratic-Republican, he would serve under President Thomas Jefferson from 08-07-1805 to 12-14-1806.
- 1790 Tuesday: Austrian troops occupy Brussels, Belgium.
- 1804 Saturday: Napoleon Bonaparte crowned himself emperor of the French.
- 1805 Sunday: French troops under the command of Napoleon Bonaparte defeat the combined Austrian and Russian armies at the Battle of Austerlitz.
- 1812 Tuesday: The Electoral College chose President James Madison to serve a second term.
- 1816 Sunday: The Philadelphia Savings Fund Society—the first savings bank in the nation—opened its doors to the public on this date.
- 1823 Monday: President James Monroe outlined his doctrine opposing European expansion in the Western Hemisphere.
- 1840 Tuesday: The people of the United States elect William Henry Harrison president of the nation.
- 1848 Friday: Franz Josef I becomes the emperor of Austria and the king of Hungary.
- 1852 Wednesday: Louis Napoleon becomes emperor of the Second French Empire.
- 1859 Thursday: Militant abolitionist John Brown met his fate at the gallows for having conducted the ill-fated raid at Harper’s Ferry the previous October. Elsewhere in the world, artist Georges-Pierre Seurat was born in Paris.
- 1864 Thursday: The 27th U.S. Attorney-General of the United States James Speed took up his office on this date. A Whig and then a Republican, he served under Presidents Abraham Lincoln and Andrew Johnson from 12-02-1864 to 07-22-1866.
- 1899 Friday: The United States and Germany agree to split the island of Samoa in the Pacific Ocean between them.
- 1901 Monday: Gillette patented the KC Gillette Razor, which was the first razor to feature a permanent handle and disposable double-edge razor blades.
- 1914 Wednesday: The Austro-Hungarian army overruns Belgrade, Serbia, during World War I.
- 1917 Sunday: During World War I, hostilities ended on the Eastern Front thanks to the collapse of Czarist Russia.
- 1922 Saturday: In the 10th Canadian Football League Grey Cup, Queen’s University defeats the Edmonton Eskimos, 13-1.
- 1924 Tuesday: In Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania, future 59th U.S. Secretary of State (and military general) Alexander M. Haig is born. A Republican, he served under President Ronald Reagan from 01-22-1981 to 07-05-1982.
- 1927 Friday: Ford Motor Company unveiled its Model A automobile that replaced the Model T.
- 1939 Saturday: New York Municipal Airport-LaGuardia Field (later LaGuardia Airport) went into operation as an airliner from Chicago landed at one-minute past midnight. Elsewhere, in Searchlight, Nevada, future U.S. Senator Harry Reid, Democrat, is born. A Democrat, he would enter the U.S. Senate on 01-03-1987 and would serve until 01-03-2015 when he would retire. (He began political life as Lt. Governor, then Chairman of the Nevada Gaming Commission, then a House Representative, and finally U.S. Senator, becoming the majority leader of that body.
- 1942 Wednesday: For the first time in history, scientists demonstrate an artificially created self-sustaining nuclear reaction at the University of Chicago.
- 1954 Thursday: The Senate voted 67-22 to condemn Joseph R. McCarthy of Wisconsin for conduct that “tends to bring the Senate into disrepute.” The censure was related to the ‘controversial investigation of suspected communists in the government, military, and civilian society’ the senator chaired.
- 1957 Monday: The Shipping Port Atomic Power Station in Pennsylvania, the first full-scale commercial nuclear facility in the United States, commenced operations. However, in 1982, the reactor ceased operations.
- 1959 Wednesday: The 7th U.S. Secretary of Defense Thomas S. Gates Jr., assumed his position on this date. A Republican, he served under President Dwight D. Eisenhower from 12-02-1959 to 01-20-1961.
- 1960 Friday: Future longtime bassist with the British rock band, Def Leppard[i]– Rick Savage- is born in England on this date.
- 1961 Saturday: Cuban leader Fidel Castro declared himself a “Marxist-Leninist who would eventually lead Cuba to communism.”
- 1962 Sunday: At the 50th Canadian Football League Grey Cup, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers beat the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, 28-27 at Toronto, Canada.
- 1964 Wednesday: Doctors remove Ringo Starr’s[ii] tonsils on this date.
- 1966 Friday: At the Fillmore East, three great bands perform live on stage- Love[iii], Moby Grape[iv], and Lee Michaels[v].
- 1969 Tuesday: The Boeing 747 jumbo jet got its first public preview as 191 people flew from Seattle to New York City. Most of the passengers were reporters and photographers.
- 1970 Wednesday: The newly created Environmental Protection Agency opened its door with the first director being William D. Ruckelshaus.
- 1972 Saturday: In the 60th Canadian Football League Grey Cup, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats defeat the Saskatchewan Rough Riders, 13-10.
- 1978 Saturday: Shouting “Allah Akbar,” anti-Shah protesters take to the streets of Tehran with the intent of driving him out of office and into their hands.
- 1980 Tuesday: Outside San Salvador, El Salvador, five national guardsmen rape and murder four American churchwomen for which, they later suffer conviction.
- 1982 Thursday: In the first operation of its kind, doctors at the University of Utah Medical Center implanted a permanent artificial heart in the chest of retired dentist Barney Clark, who lived 112 days with the device.
- 1988 Friday: Benazir Bhutto was sworn in as prime minister of Pakistan.
- 1989 Saturday: President George H.W. Bush and Soviet President Mikhail S. Gorbachev held the first talks of the Malta summit.
- 1990 Sunday: The coalition of German Chancellor Helmut Kohl won the first free all-German elections since 1932. Elsewhere, in North Tarrytown, N.Y., composer Aaron Copeland died at age 90. Meanwhile, actor Bob Cummings died in Woodland Hills at age 80.
- 1991 Monday: American hostage Joseph Cicippio, held captive in Lebanon for more than five years, was released by the terrorist schmucks that had held him prisoner.
- 1993 Thursday: The Dow Jones hits a record 3702.11. Elsewhere, Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar lost his life when security forces in that nation lit the bastard up in his hometown of Medellin.
- 1994 Friday: The U.S. government agreed not to seek a recall of allegedly fire-prone General Motors pickup trucks. The government struck a deal with GM under which the company would spend more than $51 million on safety and research.
- 1998 Wednesday: Microsoft Corp. chairman Bill Gates donated $100 million to help immunize children in developing countries to keep the government of President Bill Clinton off his back.
- 1999 Thursday: The British government transferred political power over the province of Northern Ireland to the Northern Ireland Executive.
- 2001 Sunday: In one of the largest corporate bankruptcies in history, Enron filed for Chapter 11 protection.
- 2002 Monday: The U.S. Supreme Court agreed to decide whether they should give minorities a boost to get into universities. A divided Court later allowed the nation’s colleges and universities to select students based in part on race but emphasized that race could not be the deciding factor! Meanwhile, Senator John Cornyn, R-Texas, entered the U.S. Senate on this date.
- 2011 Thursday: John Corzine, Democrat, former governor of New Jersey, receives a subpoena over the collapse of MF Global and disappearance of customer funds.
- 2013 Monday: A meeting between Pope Francis I and Benjamin Netanyahu, the prime minister of Israel, takes place at the Vatican; discussions include Iran’s nuclear program among other global affairs. Meanwhile, on Cyber Monday, perhaps the busiest online shopping day of the year, the Supreme Court refused to wade into a dispute over state sales taxes for purchases on websites such as Amazon.com to attempt to collect taxes on internet sales. Elsewhere, in Santa Monica, actor Christopher Evan Welch, age 48, died.
- 2014 Tuesday: As the Ebola virus continues to expand throughout the country with 7,000 people infected and 1,500 dead, the African nation of Sierra Leone continues to expand the quarantine zone. Elsewhere, famed rock-and-roll saxophonist who played with more bands than one could even imagine—Bobby Keys[vi]—lost his battle with liver disease on this date.
- 2015 Wednesday: A murderous couple loyal to the Islamic State, aka ISIS, aka Da’ish, aka ISIL group opened fire at a holiday banquet for public employees in San Bernardino, killing 14 people and wounding 21 others before dying in a shootout with police. The husband was an American-born Muslim while his wife was a mail-order bride from Pakistan who brought him to jihad. Of course, the Obama administration did its best to cover this up but thanks to independent news sources, the world learned the truth within a couple of days.
- 2016 Friday: In a move that shocks the Chi-Coms, seeing as how they have badgered the United States into accepting their bogus One-China Policy that puts Taiwan into Beijing’s orbit, President-elect Donald J. Trump takes a phone call with Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen, the 7th president of the Republic of China, aka FREE CHINA. Prior to the world throwing Taiwan under the bus back in the early 1970s by recognizing the Chi-Coms as the ONLY China, Taiwan was- and still is, in our eyes- the ONLY China. If the world’s nations possessed a set of balls among them, Taiwan would still be in the U.N. and on the security council. They were one of the original nations of the U.N.
- 2017 Saturday: President Donald J. Trump changed his story on why he fired Michael Flynn as his national security adviser, now suggesting that he knew at the time that Flynn had lied to the FBI about his contact with Russians- which was his job, what he was supposed to do. Thanks to the Russian “Collusion” bull crap, the Democrats have done their best to hamper President Trump. They will not win.
- 2018 Sunday: At the G20 Summit in Argentina, the U.S. and communist China agree to a truce in the ongoing trade war between the two nations. Meanwhile, in Mexico, the nation swears in its first socialist president in decades, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, a man committed to allowing caravans of illegal aliens to pass through his country to the U.S. border. To us, this is an act of war.
- 2019 Monday: Scurrilous House Democrats are considering whether or not to extend the impeachment inquiry against President Trump. Originally, they want to impeach him over a phone call between the president and his counterpart in the Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky, earlier in the year in which, the president was seeking information on corruption between former Vice President Joe Biden and son, Hunter, all of which was caught on tape. House Dems now are considering charging the president with ‘obstruction of justice’ charges as well as other high crimes and misdemeanors claiming President Trump was stymieing the investigation of special counsel Robert S. Mueller (who is incapable of doing anything seeing as how he is feeble) into “Trump-Russia collusion.” Meanwhile, California Congressman Duncan Hunter, Republican, pleads guilty to corruption charges.
- 2020 Wednesday: U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell continue trying to negotiate a COVID-19 deal for the American people seeking to release more than $138 billion in unused Cares Act funding but House Speaker Nancy “Mumble” Pelosi is the ONLY person standing in the way. Meanwhile, Senator Ted Cruz, R-TX, is urging the U.S. Supreme Court to hold an expedited hearing on the rampant voter fraud in the Keystone State. Elsewhere, the U.S. Senate approves a Trump nominee for the Energy Department’s panel. Next, GOP Congressman Mo Brooks, R-AL, plans to challenge the Electoral College’s upcoming reports on the 2020 Presidential Election. Finally, Representative Jason Smith, R-Missouri, becomes the ranking member of the House Budgetary Committee.
- 2020 Wednesday A: Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerny, Ret., says that we must do something to fix our elections system and to fix the 2020 Elections as the Chi-Coms are the driving force behind this push to topple the American system of government. Speaking of the Chi-Coms, American and United Airlines are halting flights to Shanghai, communist China over their mistreatment of air crews in their country and the lengthy, costly delays Beijing imposes upon them. The flights will divert to Seoul, South Korea, instead. Meanwhile, NATO allies are planning to draw down forces in Afghanistan following the United States timeline of withdrawal. We have been there long enough, time to go. Elsewhere, U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos says the siren’s song of FREE COLLEGE is socialism’s push to overthrow our educational system. Finally, Elon Musk becomes the recipient of the 6th Annual Axel Springer Award, an award in Germany.
- 2020 Wednesday B: Attorneys Sidney Powell and Lin Wood hold a news conference in Atlanta, Georgia, answering questions of a massive crowd demanding answers as to why Governor Brian Kemp and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger are working so hard to move on from the election and are not doing their legal duty to the president of the United States, Donald J. Trump. Trump supported Gov. Kemp in his fight against crackpot angry bigot Stacey Abrams and this is how he repays him? WTF? The attorneys also question WHY the state of Georgia used Dominion Voting Systems to count votes, a company using software owned mainly by the Chi-Coms and Venezuela. What the f**k is up with this? No, we believe Canada has declared WAR on the United States by selling us a system they won’t even use themselves. SOBS.
- 2020 Wednesday C: At the White House today, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany shows clips of mayors, governors, and other elected leaders- all of whom are Democrats- who have locked down their locales over the Chi-Com Virus and then brazenly flaunted those restrictions. We see all manner of losers, scumbags such as Gavin Newsom, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Dianne Feinstein, and loads of other losers all going about their business, eating in fancy restaurants, bicycling, and other activities while demanding their citizens remain home, indoors, cowering, doing what they’re told. Time to rise up, overthrow this scum, and send them to prison.
- 2020 Wednesday D: Yes, there is Wednesday afternoon football today, a game postponed from Sunday to Tuesday until today: Baltimore Ravens, 14 (6-5) @ Pittsburgh Steelers, 19 (11-0) 12:20 P.M. Meanwhile, here are the numbers for the Super Lotto Draw #3513 with a $11 million jackpot on the line: 06, 08, 13, 31, 38, and Mega 26. Out of 80,577 winning tickets, the highest winners were two people who had FIVE numbers but NO Mega for a prize of $15,107 apiece. Winning tickets were sold in Seal Beach and San Diego, CA. Here are the numbers for the Powerball Draw #799 with a $231 million jackpot up for grabs: 28, 31, 40, 41, 46, and Powerball 04. Out of 82,465 winning tickets, TWO people had four numbers plus the Powerball for a prize of $22,579 apiece.
- 2020 Wednesday E: Here are the latest stats for the Xi Jinping Bat Flu, straight out of Wuhan, China: 64,293,447 confirmed cases, UP by 737,407 cases, 1,488,321 confirmed deaths, UP by 13,678 deaths, and 41,258,010 confirmed recoveries, UP by 459,584 recoveries. Here are the numbers for the United States: 13,987,747 confirmed cases, UP by 171,217 new cases, 275,643 confirmed deaths, UP by 2,436 new deaths, and 6,756,016 confirmed recoveries, UP by 65,918 new recoveries. (The number of recoveries would be even greater if Blue State governors would report them but alas, we know they won’t- corrupt POSs). Now that Mo is living in Israel, here are the numbers for that nation: 338,748 confirmed cases, 2,881 confirmed deaths, and 324,645 confirmed recoveries.
- 2020 Wednesday F: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day employs chef-authors, California, Hawaii, and Washington, here are the stats, Golden State first: 1,262,272 confirmed cases, 19,359 confirmed deaths, but as is the norm, NO mention of confirmed recoveries. Next, here are the stats for the Aloha State: 18,049 confirmed cases, 242 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION OF confirmed recoveries anymore- what is up with YOU, Gov. Ige, you Democrat hack. Finally, in the Ever-Red, uh, we mean, the Evergreen State, here are the stats: 175,118 confirmed cases, 2,928 confirmed deaths, but like California, the gorilla-faced governor, Jay Inslee, won’t share the number of confirmed recoveries. Shame on these flipping Democrats. Let’s take a look at one more state, New Mexico: 99,419 confirmed number of cases, 1,589 confirmed deaths, and 33,458 confirmed number of recoveries- thank you.
- 2020 Wednesday G: Here are today’s Stock Market closes: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 29,883.79, UP 59.87 points (+0.20%). Next, the NASDAQ: 12,349.37, DOWN 5.74 points (-0.36%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 3,669.61, UP 6.56 points (+0.18%). The price of GOLD is $1,833.20 per troy oz., +3.00 (+0.18%) while the price of SILVER is $24.20 per troy ounce, +0.115 (+0.48%). The price of PLATINUM is $1,019.30 per troy oz, +7.20 (+0.71%) while the price of COPPER is $3.49 per pound, +0.0035 (+0.10%). The price of PALLADIUM is $2,408.20 per troy oz, -21.50 (-0.88%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $44.80 per barrel, -0.48 (-1.06%). Currently, one-dollar U.S. = 6.56 Chi-Com yuan. Meanwhile, one-dollar U.S. = 0.83 euros and in Mexican pesos equals 19.98.
- 2020 Wednesday H: In our joke of the day, Iranian President Hasan Rouhani rejects a bill sent to him by parliament that would restart their uranium enrichment program. Folks, they have been enriching uranium from before Donald Trump became president and have never stopped. Meanwhile, the White House condemns Democratic Party thuggery in Georgia as shock troops try to intimidate election officials. Elsewhere, kidnapping and murder suspect James Edward Hawley dies in a shootout with the FBI. Finally, Tesla set to release a self-driving upgrade in coming weeks. Wow. Something else foreign hackers can hack into and corrupt. Not for us.
- 2020 Wednesday I: Stick around folks and discover with us what the Chi-Coms and their puppets on strings- the Democrats- are up to today. Everyone knows the scumbags are up to no good so uncover the truth with us…
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0300 a 20” x 16” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “The Party Crasher.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Foreigner released a 40th anniversary album on April 03, 2017- “40: Hits from 40 Years 1977-2017,” featuring the classics remixed for modern age although many fans have their original records still. These bad boys are on vinyl, which is what music fans have always loved, CDs were crap when they came out and are still crap with ONE exception- the CD format made more records available to hundreds of millions of music lovers that might not have been commercially successful in LP form. Live shows, lost albums, you name it, one has been able to find so many things but wait a minute- that’s not what we’re talking about here, mis amigos, we are talking about 40 years of hits by a hit-making machine. Please, for around $30 brand new, you can reintroduce or reacquaint your ears to a time long gone and return to an era of STUNNING MUSIC and not the crap one finds available nowadays. Maroon Five- we piss on you. All these skanky chicks with ONE name, we dump on you. Buy this effort and enjoy for a lifetime. You will be glad you did…
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 12-2022020, all rights reserved. Word Count: 1,918.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, The Rolling Stones, Bobby Keys, Love, Moby Grape, Lee Michaels, The Fillmore East, Def Leppard, Rick Savage, U.S. Secretary of State Alexander M. Haig, U.S. Secretary of Defense Thomas S. Gates Jr., U.S. Senator Harry Reid, U.S. Senator John Cornyn, U.S. Attorney-General John Breckinridge, U.S. Attorney-General James Speed, Foreigner, Roland Carl Davis,
TODAY IN HISTORY, WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 02, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Wednesday, December 02, 2020:
[i] Not sure when we will offer the music of Def Leppard but we hope to do it sometime within the next decade. Please, keep posted for further information.
[ii] We promoted the music of the Beatles and of its individual members beginning on Friday, 04-November-2016 through Sunday, 11-June-2017. Please seek them out and consider adding them to your growing collection as they make any modern-day music look and sound like the crap that it is.
[iii] We began promoting the music of this famed Los Angeles, California, rock band on Wednesday, 24-October-2012 through Friday, 16-November-2012. Please seek out the music of this awesome band. Love was among the best of the 1960s.
[iv] We promoted the music of the famed San Francisco, California, rock band, Moby Grape, on Monday, 09-April-2012 through Monday, 23-April-2012. We hope you will seek them out and add them to your collection.
[v] Lee Michaels was among the great acts of the 1960s and we hope to present the man and his music one of these days. We shall see.
[vi] One of the greatest saxophonists of his time, he performed with numerous bands but primarily the Rolling Stones. We shared the music of the Stones beginning Tuesday, 22-March-2016 through Sunday, 28-August-2016. This included the members solo projects.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR