TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
332. TODAY IN HISTORY—FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2020:
General Robert E. Lee Day (Georgia), Presidents’ Day (New Mexico), Lincoln’s Birthday/Lincoln’s Day (Indiana), Day After Thanksgiving (20 States[i]), Family Day (Nevada), Acadian Day (Louisiana), Black Friday, American Indian Heritage Day (Maryland), Native American Heritage Day (Washington)
U.S. Senator Kelly Loeffler; the Beatles “Magical Mystery Tour,” “All Things Must Pass” by George Harrison and Jimi Hendrix:
- 399 Monday: St. Anastasias the I begins his reign as Catholic Pope.
- 1095 Wednesday: Pope Urban II preaches for all Christian knights to go on the First Crusade to the Holy Land to liberate it from the Muslim enemy.
- 1701 Friday: Astronomer Anders Celsius, inventor of the Celsius temperature scale, was born in Uppsala, Sweden.
- 1779 Thursday: The College of Pennsylvania became the University of Pennsylvania, which made it the first legally recognized university in America.
- 1817 Wednesday: The First Seminole War commences as U.S. soldiers attack a Native American village in the Florida Everglades.
- 1839 Tuesday: Mathematicians founded the American Statistical Association in Boston, Massachusetts.
- 1889 Tuesday: New York City government issued the first permit to drive an automobile through Central Park to Curtis P. Brady on this date.
- 1901 Wednesday: The U.S. Army War College underwent establishment in Washington, D.C.
- 1910 Sunday: The Pennsylvania Railroad began regularly serving New York’s Pennsylvania Station.
- 1911 Monday: The stage comedy, “The Playboy of the Western World” by J.M. Synge received a hostile reception in New York because of its supposed portrayal of Irish characters. Elsewhere, theatrical producer David Merrick was born in St. Louis.
- 1912 Wednesday: The Spanish Protectorate of Morocco begins. Elsewhere in Albania, the small Balkan nation adopts its new flag.
- 1924 Thursday: Macy’s first Thanksgiving Day parade—billed as a “Christmas Parade”—took place in New York City.
- 1934 Tuesday: Near Barrington, Illinois, FBI agents shot dead bank robber, George “Baby Face” Nelson on this date.
- 1939 Monday: The play, “Key Largo,” by Maxwell Anderson, opened at the Ethel Barrymore Theater in New York.
- 1942 Friday: During World War II, the French navy at Toulon scuttled its ships and submarines to keep them from falling into the hands of the Nazis who were overrunning the Low Countries and France. Elsewhere in the world, Jimmy Hendrix (later to be “Jimi”) –the famed guitarist who died young–was born in Seattle, Washington on this date. Finally, in Yugoslavia, Partisan leader Josef Broz Tito appoints members to an anti-Fascist council.
- 1942 Friday A: Field Marshal Erich Von Manstein is preparing his relief force of armored units to fight towards Stalingrad to relieve the German Sixth Army. The plan will require General Friedrich Paulus to attempt a simultaneous breakout from the city. Currently, Paulus is wavering on the idea as Hitler had ordered him to defend ‘Fortress Stalingrad’ to the last man. Still, there is time because the panzer forces Manstein is in the process of assembling are plugging holes in the lines in an effort to stop Russian breakthroughs.
- 1945 Tuesday: General George C. Marshall was named special U.S. envoy[ii] to China by President Harry S. Truman to try to end hostilities between the Nationalists and the Communists.
- 1951 Tuesday: Hosea Richardson received a license from the state of Florida to become the first black horseracing jockey in the state.
- 1953 Friday: Playwright Eugene O’Neill died in Boston at age 65.
- 1962 Tuesday: Boeing construction crews rolled out the first Boeing 727 at the company’s Renton plant.
- 1963 Wednesday: President Lyndon Baines Johnson made his first address to a joint session of Congress on this date.
- 1965 Saturday: 15,000 anti-war demonstrators march on Washington, D.C. in protest of the growing war in Vietnam.
- 1966 Sunday: In the highest scoring game in NFL history, the Washington Redskins beat the New York Giants 72-41.
- 1967 Monday: The Beatles release the “Magical Mystery Tour,”[iii] album to critical acclaim.
- 1970 Friday: At the airport in Manila, a dagger-wielding Bolivian painter disguised as a priest slightly wounded Pope Paul VI as he was visiting the Philippines. Meanwhile, George Harrison releases three-record set, “All Things Must Pass.”[iv] Elsewhere, future Republican Senator Kelly Loeffler is born in Bloomington, Illinois, on this date. She would enter the world’s greatest deliberative body on January 06, 2020, representing the state of Georgia.
- 1973 Tuesday: The Senate voted 92-3 to confirm Gerald R. Ford as vice president, succeeding Spiro T. Agnew who had recently resigned.
- 1978 Monday: San Francisco Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk, a Gay-rights activist, were shot to death inside city hall by former supervisor Dan White.
- 1980 Thursday: Dave Williams of the Chicago Bears became the first player in NFL history to return a kick for a touchdown in overtime.
- 1983 Sunday: 183 people lost their lives when a Colombian Avianca Airlines Boeing 747 crashed near Madrid’s Barajas Airport.
- 1985 Wednesday: The British House of Commons approved the Anglo-Irish accord giving Dublin a consulting role in the governing of British-ruled Northern Ireland.
- 1987 Friday: In West Beirut, Lebanon, pro-Iranian thug kidnappers released two French hostages on today’s date—Jean-Louis Normandin and Roger Acque.
- 1989 Monday: A bomb blamed on drug traffickers destroyed a Columbian Avianca Boeing 727, killing all 107 people on board and three people on the ground. Law enforcement authorities blamed the crime on Columbian drug cartel boss, Pablo Escobar.
- 1990 Tuesday: British Conservative Party members choose John Major to succeed Margaret Thatcher as prime minister.
- 1991 Wednesday: The Undertaker beat Hulk Hogan to become the new WWF champion. Meanwhile, the UN Security Council unanimously adopted a resolution that led the way for the establishment of a UN peacekeeping operation in Yugoslavia.
- 1992 Friday: In Venezuela, rebel forces tried but failed to overthrow President Carlos Andres Perez for the second time in 10 months.
- 1994 Sunday: In the 82nd Canadian Football League Grey Cup, the British Columbia Lions beat the Baltimore Stallions 26-23.
- 1997 Thursday: Barry Sanders of the Detroit Lions becomes the second leading all-time rusher of the NFL.
- 1998 Friday: Answering 81 question put to him three weeks earlier, President Bill Clinton wrote the House Judiciary Committee that his testimony in the Monica Lewinsky affair was “not false and misleading.”[v]
- 1999 Saturday: Northern Ireland’s biggest party, the Ulster Unionists, cleared the way for the speedy formation of an unprecedented Protestant-Catholic administration.
- 2000 Monday: A day after George W. Bush was certified the winner of Florida’s presidential vote, Al Gore[vi] laid out his case for letting the courts settle the nation’s long-count election.
- 2003 Friday: President George W. Bush flew to Iraq to spend Thanksgiving with U.S. troops and to thank them for “defending the American people from danger.”
- 2004 Saturday: After four decades in North Korea and less than one month in a U.S. military jail near Tokyo, U.S. Army deserter Charles Jenkins became a free man.
- 2005 Sunday: In Baghdad, former U.S. Attorney-General Ramsey Clark has joined the defense team for deposed Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein and questions whether his client ‘can get a fair trial or not.’ Meanwhile, Iraq’s former Prime Minister Iyad Allawi says that ‘torture in Iraq now is just as bad as it was under Saddam Hussein.’ Not saying much about the conduct of Coalition troops now is he? Elsewhere, the first partial human face transplant occurs in Amiens, France, on this date.
- 2006 Monday: The Washington Post releases a report conducted by the U.S. Marine Corps, a classified report obtained God knows how, that shows the U.S. Military no longer believes it is capable of defeating the Sunni insurgency in the western portion of Iraq nor al-Qaida whose influence continues growing among the Sunni minority worried about the power of the Shiite majority. As if this is not bad enough, U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan says, ‘Iraq appears to be on the brink of civil war.’ You think?
- 2007 Tuesday: In Pakistan, General Pervez Musharraf hands over control of the military to its leaders. As president, he was hammered with loads of criticism for not having stepped down earlier, especially after dismissing judges and cracking down on his enemies. Meanwhile, in Afghanistan a NATO airstrike kills 14 civilians and wounds numerous others.
- 2008 Thursday: The ocean liner Queen Elizabeth 2 (QE2) went out of service after more than 30 years. Its builders launched the vessel on September 20, 1967.
- 2009 Friday: Tiger Woods crashed his SUV outside his Florida mansion, sparking widespread attention to reports of cheating on his wife, Elin Nordegren; the couple divorced the following year. Meanwhile, former President Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton announced to their friends the engagement of daughter Chelsea to longtime boyfriend Marc Mezvinsky.[vii] Elsewhere, space shuttle Atlantis and its seven astronauts returned from the International Space Station with a smooth touchdown.
- 2010 Saturday: Icelanders vote for the creators of a new constitution to replace an edited version of the Danish constitution since 1994.
- 2011 Sunday: The Arab League votes to impose sanctions on Syria due to the continued violent uprising taking place within that country; Syria says the move is ‘unprecedented.’
- 2012 Tuesday: The United Kingdom agrees to create new public and private universities; these will be the first universities the UK has created in decades. Meanwhile, in Egypt’s Tahrir Square, more than 200,000 angry Egyptians turn out in the biggest protest against Islamist thug President Mohamed Morsi. The POS SOB wants to make Egypt into another Islamist state which the citizens of the ageless nation simply don’t want.
- 2013 Wednesday: In Italy, legislators expelled ex-Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi from parliament due to his tax fraud conviction. Meanwhile, as al-Qaida continues a wave of terror across Iraq, 33 people are killed in a spate of bombings and shootings with innumerable others wounded.
- 2014 Thursday: Despite pressure from non-OPEC oil-producing nations, OPEC announces that it will continue oil production at present levels, causing oil to fall to $69.00 per barrel. Meanwhile, in Afghanistan, a suicide bomber attacks a vehicle from the British Embassy killing five on the streets of Kabul.
- 2015 Friday: In Colorado Springs, Colorado, 57-year-old Robert Lewis carries out an attack on a Planned Parenthood ‘chop shop’ killing three people and wounding another nine people at the clinic.
- 2016 Sunday: Hated by the people of Cuba but much beloved by socialists, communists, and Democrats, Fidel Castro, leader of ‘The Revolution’ finally dies at the age of 90. The POS should have died in the crib. Meanwhile, President-elect Donald J. Trump says that ‘millions of illegal alien voters cost him the popular vote.’ This is TRUE as both California and New York- among other states- are overrun with the vermin. We hope he will round them up, build the wall, and deport them all. Meanwhile, the Clinton team joins Dr. Jill Stein, Green Party presidential candidate, demanding a recount in Wisconsin.
- 2017 Monday: During a ceremony with Navajo Code Talkers of World War II, to the delight of the assembled Native American crowd and to the horror of liberals and Democrats everywhere, President Donald J. Trump refers to Senator Elizabeth Warren, noted phony Indian, as Pocahontas. Eventually, the Massachusetts Democrat would have a DNA test conducted that would show she is 1,124th– that’s right- 1,124th Cherokee. Wow.
- 2018 Tuesday: The United States accuses the wife of Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega, a communist, Rosario Murillo- who also happens to be the nation’s vice president- of human rights abuses among other crimes and imposes sanctions. Meanwhile, in the United States, Samuel Little- a convicted murderer- confesses to the murders of 90 women across the country.
- 2019 Wednesday: President Donald J. Trump signs two bills favorable to Hong Kong, confirming both its autonomous status while the other bans the sale of munitions and weapons to the Hong Kong police. Of course, the Chi-Coms go berserk. Meanwhile, Ghana commemorates ‘the year of return,’ which marks 300 years since the first African slaves were sold to slavers and grants 125 people citizenship in a special ceremony- so says, “On This Day.”
- 2020 Friday: Vilified by anti-Trumpers across the country, the war against Plaquenil, aka hydroxychloroquine, is once again proven to be a bogus war, a war launched by liberal Democrats and pseudo-Republicans to defeat President Donald J. Trump. Studies demonstrate that people using the anti-malarial drug are 84-percent less likely to undergo hospitalization for COVID-19. All throughout this year, any time President Donald J. Trump extolled the virtues of hydroxychloroquine, his enemies relentlessly attacked the drug via attacking him. Elsewhere, we learn that in Pennsylvania, at least 21,000 DEAD PEOPLE voted in the 2020 Elections, most of them for “Pro-China Joe” Biden. Across the country, there are 1.8 million ghost voters on the voter rolls. This must be stopped.
- 2020 Friday A: Sadly, we learn that Pennsylvania state Senator Doug Mastriano who chaired the hearings into voter fraud in the Keystone State last week has had his Twitter account closed by the social media propaganda site. What a shame. Regarding this left-wing propaganda, President Donald J. Trump says Section 230, the entity that protects the social media giants, should be terminated since it’s a national security risk. Meanwhile, we learn that 409 miles of border wall have been built the past four years with another 242 currently under construction and another 87 in the pre-building phase. The question is, IF “Pro-China Joe” Biden does become president, what is going to happen to the border wall? Finally, former Congressman David Valadao, R-CA, wins back his 21st U.S. House seat from corrupt Democratic carpetbagger and one-term Congressman T.J. Cox. That’s another nail in the coffin of House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi. Congratulations, Congressman-elect Valadao!
- 2020 Friday B: In a great news update, an Iranian nuclear scientist suspected of masterminding the country’s nuclear programs- including weapons- was assassinated while driving outside of Tehran. The scientist, Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, was essential for the development of nuclear weapons so his slaying purportedly at the hands of the Israeli Mossad is a big setback for the outlaw nation. Meanwhile, the Israelis are pressuring “Pro-China Joe” Biden NOT to resume participation in the JCPOA, the multi-nation agreement with the Iranians not to build a nuclear weapons program but to pursue peaceful energy production instead. Whether the enfeebled ‘president-elect’ will follow the wishes of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is unknown; we shall see. Anyway, good riddance to Fakhrizadeh.
- 2020 Friday C: Folks, here are the numbers for the Xi Jinping Bat Flu- Pelosi Pox: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 61,473,875 confirmed cases, +754,296, 1,440,207, confirmed deaths, +13,203, and 39,266,692 confirmed recoveries, +361,915. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 13,106,842 confirmed cases, up 189,427 from yesterday’s reporting, 267,757 confirmed deaths, UP 2,017, and 6,452,614 confirmed recoveries, UP 46,455. Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 1,181,420 confirmed cases, 19,033 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 17,678 confirmed cases, 235 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 162,045 confirmed cases, 2,825 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 332,802 confirmed cases, 2,839 confirmed deaths, and 321,346 confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other state: Arkansas- currently, they have 155,637 confirmed cases, 2,436 confirmed deaths, and 134,312 confirmed recoveries.
- 2020 Friday D: Here are the stats for today’s Stock Market closes: first the DOW Jones Industrial Average, 29,910.37, UP 37.90 points (+0.13%). Next, here are the stats for the NASDAQ: 12,205.85, UP 111.44 points (+0.92%). Finally, here are the numbers for the S&P 500: 3,638.35, UP 8.70 points (+0.24%). Price of GOLD: $1,783.10 per troy oz., +1.20 (+0.07%) Here is the price of SILVER: $22.68 per troy oz., +0.127 (+0.56%). Price of PLATINUM: $970.80 per troy oz., +6.00 (+0.62%). Price of PALLADIUM: $2,439.70 per troy oz., +75.00 (+3.17%). Here is the price of COPPER: $3.40 per #, +0.0045 (+0.13%). Price of Light Sweet Crude Oil per barrel: $45.52, -0.01 (-0.02%). Today, one-dollar U.S. = 6.57 PRC yuan whereas one U.S. greenback = 0.84 euros. Just for a lark, $1 U.S. = 76.80 Afghan afghani.
- 2020 Friday E: Here are the numbers for the Mega Millions Draw #1611 with a jackpot of $229 million at stake: 04, 10, 27, 35, 58, and Mega 10. The highest winners were 8 people who had FOUR numbers plus the Mega for a prize of $2,478.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0295 a 20” x 24” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Verbena Pink.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
The modern era Foreigner recorded a show in Nashville, Tennessee, “Rockin’ at the Ryman,” a DVD that came out on April 26, 2011 and featured yet another somewhat altered lineup of Mick Jones (guitars), Thom Gimbel (guitars, vocals, keyboards, and horns), Michael Bluestein (keyboards), Jeff Pilson (bass, vocals), Jason Sutter (drums), and Kelly Hansen (vocals). This is the DVD version of the album, one that contains 16 red-hot classics, both old and new, all for a new audience of listeners. Friends, there are not many bands from the ORIGINAL DAYS (well, in the case of Foreigner, somewhat original days as they were a decade behind the dinosaurs like the Stones, the Kinks, the Who, the Animals, the Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin, Faces, Humble Pie) so whenever one is still on the prowl and cleaner than the day they entered the music business, one must take note and give them a listen- you will be glad you did. Great album by a great band that still can crank it up and blow out their fans. Check ‘em out.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 11-27-2020, all rights reserved. Word Count: 2,019.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, Jimi Hendrix, “All Things Must Pass”, George Harrison, The Beatles, “Magical Mystery Tour”, U.S. Senator Kelly Loeffler, Stalingrad, Foreigner, Pedro Muňoz,
TODAY IN HISTORY, FRIDAY NOVEMBER 27, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Friday, November 27, 2020:
[i] The states celebrating the Day After Thanksgiving are California, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.
[ii] In 2019, Democrats are screeching like banshees over President Donald J. Trump sending Rudy Giuliani to serve as his special envoy to the Ukraine when in fact, every president has dispatched special envoys of his choice to conduct business or to investigate on the president’s behalf. There is NOTHING wrong with this practice no matter what the flipping Democrats claim.
[iii] We began promoting the music of both the Beatles and the band’s individual components on Friday, 04-November-2016 through Sunday, 11-June-2018. Besides the Beatles, we also promoted the music of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and George Harrison as well as the Traveling Wilburys. The “Magical Mystery Tour” album appeared on Wednesday, 23-November-2016. Please seek out this massive offering by visiting the blog posts between those dates. You will be glad you did.
[iv] “All Things Must Pass,” a three-record set appeared on Friday, 09-December-2016. Please, seek it out and consider adding it to your collection.
[v] As it turned out, President Clinton’s testimony was false and he suffered for it later by losing his license to practice law for one year. His testimony was proven false when a friend of Monica Lewinsky produced a semen-stained blue dress that matched the president’s DNA. My, my, my!
[vi] It is important to note that Al Gore and the Democrats did everything possible to steal this election from the Republicans which sure as hell ain’t right but it’s what they do. Shame.
[vii] Question: is this man a Ukrainian or a Russian? The Democrats are always wailing and screaming about “THE RUSSIANS! THE RUSSIANS!” yet only the Democrats seem to pal around with the Russkies. WTF? Supposedly, Mr. Mezvinsky was born in Philadelphia on 12-10-1977 but his birthplace could be as phony as Barack Hussein Obama’s.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR