TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
320. TODAY IN HISTORY—SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2020:
U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Felix Frankfurter; U.S. Secretary of State John W. Foster; U.S. Senators Chris Coons and Joe Manchin; U.S. Attorneys General Benjamin Franklin Butler and Isaac Toucey; Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev; Argent featuring John Grimaldi, Blondie featuring Frank Infante, the Byrds featuring Gene Clark, and the Grass Roots featuring P. F. “Flip” Sloan:
- 1316 Monday: Jan I becomes the king of France; however, he dies four days later.
- 1492 Thursday: Christopher Columbus makes his first recorded reference to tobacco.
- 1532 Friday: Pope Clemens VII informs King Henry VIII to end his relationship with his floosy, Anne Boleyn.
- 1533 Saturday: Francisco Pizarro and his Conquistador army arrive at Cuzco, Peru.
- 1777 Wednesday: The Second Continental Congress approved the Articles of Confederation.
- 1791 Saturday: Georgetown, the first Catholic college in the United States opens for students.
- 1792 Monday: In Newtown, Connecticut, the future 20th U.S. Attorney General Isaac Toucey is born. A Democrat, he served under President James K. Polk from 06-21-1848 to 03-03-1848.
- 1806 Thursday: Explorer Zebulon Pike spotted the mountaintop now known as “Pikes Peak,” in present-day Colorado.
- 1827 Tuesday: Thanks to President Andrew Jackson, the Creek Indians lose all property within the United States.
- 1833 Wednesday: The 12th U.S. Attorney General Benjamin Franklin Butler took up his office on this date. A Democrat, he served under Presidents Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren from 11-15-1833 to 07-04-1838.
- 1864 Sunday: During the Civil War, Union troops under the command of General William T. Sherman burn Atlanta, Georgia, to the ground and then begins their “March to the Sea,” with the goal of crippling the region’s military and economic resources. The campaign eventually ended with the capture of Savannah, Georgia, on December 21.
- 1867 Wednesday: The first stock ticker underwent unveiling in New York City on this date.
- 1882 Monday: The British warship HMS Flirt destroys the Niger village of Asaba. Meanwhile, in Vienna, Austro-Hungary, future 78th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Felix Frankfurter, Independent, is born. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt nominated Frankfurter to fill the seat of Associate Justice Benjamin N. Cardozo. Frankfurter would serve from 01-20-1939 to 08-28-1962.
- 1884 Thursday: At an international conference in Berlin, the European nations decide the colonization of Africa.
- 1889 Wednesday: As angry citizens overthrow Emperor Dom Pedro II, the revolutionaries proclaim Brazil a republic.
- 1901 Thursday: Miller Reese received a patent for an electrical hearing aid on this date.
- 1902 Friday: An Italian anarchist almost assassinates King Leopold II of Belgium.
- 1917 Wednesday: The former 32nd U.S. Secretary of State John W. Foster died in Washington, D.C., on this date. A Republican, he served under President Benjamin Harrison from 06-29-1892 to 02-23-1893.
- 1920 Sunday: The League of Nations met for its inaugural time in Geneva, Switzerland, on this date.
- 1926 Sunday: The National Broadcasting Co. debuted with a radio network of 24 stations. The first network radio broadcast was a four-hour ‘spectacular.’
- 1935 Thursday: The United States established the Commonwealth of the Philippines as its new president, Manuel L. Quezon, took office.
- 1937 Sunday: The House and Senate chambers of the U.S. Capitol were air-conditioned for the first time.
- 1939 Tuesday: President Franklin Delano Roosevelt laid the cornerstone of the Jefferson Memorial in Washington, D.C. Meanwhile, the Social Security Administration approves its first check payment. Elsewhere in Czechoslovakia, anti-German protests break out.
- 1940 Thursday: The U.S. government calls up 75,000 men from the draft rolls in anticipation of involvement in World War II.
- 1941 Friday: The Cow Palace opens in San Francisco, California. During World War II on the Eastern Front, although some German units want to dig in and wait out the coming winter, others are still trying to strike Moscow from the north as armored units are engaging Soviet forces near the crossroads of Klin.
- 1942 Saturday: During World War II in the Pacific Theater, the naval Battle of Guadalcanal ended with a decisive U.S. victory over Japanese naval forces. On the Eastern Front, the weather is bad along the front where Stalingrad lies. The sounds of buildup across the river now are unmistakable as the Red Army lines up 3,500 big guns north and south of the city where the Rumanian 3rd and 4th Armies defend the flanks. When the Russians strike, the units north of the city will be the first to feel the explosive power the Reds have brought to bear.
- 1947 Friday: Gene Clark, one of the original five Byrds[i] and the first to leave the group due to fear of flying was born on this date.
- 1948 Sunday: William Lyon Mackenzie King retired as prime minister of Canada after 21 years; Louis St. Laurent succeeded him.
- 1951 Wednesday: Future bassist/guitarist with the rock band, Blondie[ii] (1977-82), Frank Infante, is born on this date.
- 1954 Sunday: Actor-director Lionel Barrymore, 76, died in Van Nuys, California.
- 1958 Friday: Actor Tyrone Power, 44, died in Madrid, Spain, while filming “Solomon and Sheba.” Directors recast Power’s part with actor Yul Brynner.
- 1959 Saturday: The authorities found four members of the Clutter family of Holcomb, Kansas, murdered in their home. A jury later convicted ex-convicts Richard Hickock and Perry Smith of the killings and sentenced them to death by hanging.
- 1960 Monday: The USS George Washington, the first submarine with nuclear ballistic missiles launches.
- 1964 Sunday: Bonanza Air Lines Flight 114, a Fairchild F-27A, crashed outside of Las Vegas, killing all 29 people aboard it.
- 1966 Tuesday: The flight of Gemini 12 ended successfully as astronauts James A. Lovell and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin, Jr., splashed down safely in the Atlantic Ocean.
- 1969 Saturday: A quarter of a million protesters staged a peaceful demonstration in Washington against the Vietnam War. Meanwhile, in Tampa, Florida, Janis Joplin undergoes arrest for ‘vulgar and indecent language.’
- 1973 Thursday: Egypt and Israel exchange prisoners of war.
- 1974 Friday: Universal Pictures in “Sensurround,” which bombarded the audience with low-frequency sound waves during the quake scenes, released the disaster movie, “Earthquake,” drew in massive crowds on this date.
- 1979 Thursday: ABC-TV announces that it will broadcast nightly specials on the Iran Hostage Crisis.
- 1982 Monday: The citizens of the Soviet Union hold funeral services for dead leader Leonid I. Brezhnev in Moscow’s Red Square.
- 1983 Tuesday: Longtime keyboardist with the rock band, Argent[iii]—John Grimaldi—died on this date from multiple sclerosis.
- 1984 Thursday: Stephanie Fae Beauclair, the infant officially known as “Baby Fae,” who had received a baboon’s heart to replace her own congenitally deformed one, died at Loma Linda University Medical Center in California three weeks after the transplant.
- 1985 Friday: Britain and Ireland signed an accord giving Dublin an official consultative role in governing Northern Ireland.
- 1986 Saturday: Ivan F. Boesky reputed to be the highest-paid person on Wall Street, faced penalties of $100 million for insider stock trading. It was the highest penalty ever imposed by the SEC.
- 1987 Sunday: Of 82 people aboard a Continental Airlines DC-9, 28 people- including the pilots- were killed when the jetliner crashed seconds after taking off from Denver’s Stapleton International Airport.
- 1988 Tuesday: The PLO proclaims the state of Palestine and says that it ‘recognizes the state of Israel’ but not that it has a right to exist.’
- 1989 Wednesday: Polish labor activist Lech Walesa addressed a joint meeting of the U.S. Congress. Meanwhile, Time-Warner launched the Comedy Channel, which later merged with Viacom’s HA! Network to form Comedy Central.
- 1990 Thursday: President George H. W. Bush signs the Clean Air Act of 1990.[iv]
- 1992 Sunday: Richard Petty drove in the final race of his 35-year career on this date.
- 1998 Sunday: The civil rights activist once known as Stokely Carmichael- Kwame Ture- died in Guinea at age 57.
- 2003 Saturday: Much to the delight of the Iraqis, two Black hawk helicopters collided and crashed in that crappy country; 17 U.S. troops were killed.
- 2006 Wednesday: Al Jazeera launches Al Jazeera English. Allah Akbar!
- 2009 Sunday: British Prime Minister Gordon Brown apologizes for the role played by the United Kingdom in the 19th century for rounding up orphans and homeless children and sending them to the colonies. This evil compares with the evil of the Obama administration for putting illegal alien children into cages in 2014. Shame on them!
- 2010 Monday: In Shanghai, communist China, fire strikes a high-rise apartment building killing at least 42 people and injuring more than 90 more. Some people found themselves forced to leap from upper story windows to escape the flames. Meanwhile, in New Delhi, India, a building collapse also kills 42 people while burying at least 20 people in the rubble. Meanwhile, Senator Chris Coons, Democrat, entered the world’s greatest deliberative body on this day. He represents the state of Delaware. Meanwhile, another Democratic Senator Joe Manchin, representing West Virginia, entered the august body on the same date.
- 2011 Tuesday: New York’s Police Department clears Occupy Wall Street protesters from Zucotti Park, the public space they have occupied to stage their protest. They find all kinds of drug paraphernalia, used condoms, empty beer cans and liquor bottles, festering heaps of stinking garbage, and even a dead body. That’s your typical liberal Twinkies for you…
- 2012 Thursday: At least three Israelis have lost their lives in Hamas rocket attacks hitting the country. The Palestinians have hit schools, apartment buildings, stores, anything their rockets can hit causing indiscriminate violence and harm. Time to wipe these cockroaches off the map, there Israel!
- 2013 Friday: As part of an effort to protect human rights, China’s CPC Central Committee announces a plan to abolish its ‘reeducation through labor system’, which began in the 1950s. Elsewhere, in Libya, violence continues in the aftermath of the end of the Gaddafi dictatorship with at least 40 killed in the streets of Tripoli.
- 2014 Saturday: Pro-democracy advocates lose their right to fly from Hong Kong to mainland China to put their protest directly to the Chinese government.[v]
- 2015 Sunday: P. F. “Flip” Sloan—lead vocalist/guitarist with the hit band, the Grass Roots[vi], 1965-67—died on this date from pancreatic cancer. Meanwhile, France steps up airstrikes against ISIS targets in Syria following Friday’s attacks in Paris in which, jihadist scumbags murdered 129 people and wounded scores more. Light ‘em up with napalm, boys! You used napalm during the war in Indochina and also during the Algerian War so light them ISIS scumbags up.
- 2016 Tuesday: All the delays against the Dakota Access Pipeline over climate change issues have cost the company $100 million in lost revenue already. Add to that worldwide protests demanding it not be constructed keep the project tied up in court. Who the f**k around the world is upset over U.S. domestic oil production? Uh, the Russians, OPEC, and other oil producing nations, that’s who.
- 2017 Wednesday: After numerous accusations hit Minnesota Democratic Senator Al Franken, President Donald J. Trump blasts him as a ‘groper’ and calls him “Al Frankenstein.” Elsewhere, after KISS appeared at Fox News and Gene Simmons misbehaved behind the scenes, the network 86’d him from ever coming back. Say it ain’t so, Gene!
- 2018 Thursday: The number of confirmed dead from the wildfire that had virtually destroyed the Northern California town of Paradise reached 63, and authorities said they had 631 names on a missing persons list; the death toll eventually reached 85. Meanwhile, country star Roy Clark, a guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the TV show “Hee Haw” for nearly a quarter century, died in Oklahoma at the age of 85. Hmmm, 85 people died in Paradise, California, and Mr. Clark died at age 85. Coincidence?
- 2019 Friday: Marie Yovanovitch- former ambassador to the Ukraine- testified before Congressman Adam Schiff’s House Intel Committee’s ‘impeachment inquiry.’ She like George Kent and William Taylor who testified on Wednesday could not name a single impeachable offense committed by President Donald J. Trump. All she could do was to snivel and whine about being recalled from her position because of her inferior performance. She behaved exactly as Dr. Christine Blasey Ford[vii] did during the Brett Kavanaugh[viii] U.S. Supreme Court confirmation hearings the previous year, acting like a frightened little girl, speaking in hushed tones and acting every part the bitch.
- 2020 Sunday: Here are today’s lineup of NFL Games beginning with a recap of Thursday Night Football’s matchup: (1) Indianapolis Colts (5-3) @ Tennessee Titans (6-2) 5:20 P.M. Next, here is Sunday’s lineup: (2) Houston Texans, 6 (2-7) @ Cleveland Browns, 10 (6-3) 10:00 A.M. (3) Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 46 (7-3) @ Carolina Panthers, 23 (3-7) 10:00 A.M. (4) Philadelphia Eagles, 17 (3-5-1) @ New York Giants, 27 (3-7) 10:00 A.M. (5) Jacksonville Jaguars, 20 (1-8) @ Green Bay Packers, 24 (7-2) 10:00 A.M. (6) Washington Redskins, 27 (2-7) @ Detroit Lions, 30 (4-5) 10:00 A.M. (7) Denver Broncos, 12 (3-6) @ Las Vegas Raiders, 37 (5-3) 1:05 P.M. (8) Los Angeles Chargers, 21 (2-6) @ Miami Dolphins, 29 (5-3) 1:05 P.M. (9) Buffalo Bills, 30 (7-3) @ Arizona Cardinals, 32 (6-2) 1:05 P.M. (10) San Francisco 49ers, 13 (4-6) @ New Orleans Saints, 27 (7-2) 1:25 P.M. (11) Cincinnati Bengals, 10 (2-6-1) @ Pittsburgh Steelers, 36 (9-0) (8-0) 1:25 P.M. (12) Seattle Seahawks, 16 (6-3) @ Los Angeles Rams, 23 (6-3) 1:25 P.M. (13) Baltimore Ravens, 17 (6-3) @ New England Patriots, 23 (4-5) 5:20 P.M. (14) Minnesota Vikings (3-5) @ Chicago Bears (5-4) Monday Night 5:15 P.M.
- 2020 Sunday A: Yesterday, more than one million patriots attended the Million MAGA March in Washington, D.C., and by nightfall, Antifa and Black Lives Matter human fecal matter began attacking attendees on the outside of the crowds, following them to their automobiles or to their hotels and attacking them there. Many violent and chaotic scenes were captured on cellphone cameras which leads us to say, “Mayor Muriel Bowser must be put on trial for abrogating her duty to protect all citizens in their district.” Shame on her.
- 2020 Sunday B: We learn today that a charity to defeat cancer begun by “Pro-China Joe” and Dr. Jill Biden back in 2017 raked in millions of dollars but extraordinarily little made its way into the coffers of cancer researchers. The bogus ‘charity’ received $4,809,619 in contributions, paid out $3,070,301 on salaries, $2,996,404 in functional expenses, and a salary of $429,850 per year to ‘charity’ President Gregory Simon. Wow. How do WE set up a similar ‘charity?’ This is worse than the Clinton Foundation.
- 2020 Sunday C: SpaceX launches its first full-crew capsule into space late this afternoon to rendezvous with the International Space station in 27 hours. Three American and one Japanese astronaut will spend the next six months there. All precautions were taken to prevent the Chinese Virus from making it up into space. Speaking of the Chi-Vi, here are the statistics:
- 2020 Sunday D: Folks, here are the numbers for the Xi Jinping Yellow Bat Flu- the -so-called Pelosi Pox the aka ‘Go to Chinatown and hug a Chinaman’ (a moronic act of virtue-signaling) disease: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 54,296,615 confirmed cases, +508,249, 1,315,881, confirmed deaths, +7,156, and 34,867,243 confirmed recoveries, +207,063. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 11,116,640 confirmed cases, up 154,950 from yesterday’s reporting, 249,730 confirmed deaths, UP 897, and 5,946,496 confirmed recoveries, UP 20,495. Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 1,028,490 confirmed cases, 18,259 confirmed deaths (number readjusted DOWN from last week), and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 16,619 confirmed cases, 222 confirmed deaths, and as of last week, 12,083 confirmed recoveries at this point. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 133,612 confirmed cases, 2,638 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other state: Minnesota- currently, they have 223,637 confirmed cases, 2,961 confirmed deaths, but NO mention of confirmed recoveries- why don’t you report the statistics? Let’s look at Israel’s numbers now that Mo is living there: 323,741 confirmed cases, 2,732 confirmed deaths, and 313,380 confirmed recoveries. Time to hold the Chi-Coms accountable for their perfidy in this matter, for sending the Xi Jinping bat flu around the globe. Elsewhere, Oregon Governor Kate Brown threatens to send Oregonians to prison if they have more than six guests for Thanksgiving and Christmas. F**k her.
- 2020 Sunday E: An event that occurred this past Friday was reported today: New York Times columnist David Brooks- in scathing comments about the corrupt Democratic Party said that ‘Democrats need to get over the idea that they are the majority party of the future.’ We concur. Everyone is going to begin working AGAINST the Democrats from within. Several of our authors are going to register as Democrats so they can begin working up from the lower echelons. Start with the school boards, the city council seats, county supervisorial seats, as well as insinuating people into education who are registered Democrats but who are conservative in outlook. Folks, VIVA L’ RESISTANCE! Fight against “Chi-Com Joe” Biden and his masters in Beijing. In order to beat these Democratic scumbags, we must employ their tactics against them, only worse, a la what the Columbians did to defeat and destroy Pablo Escobar.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0283 a 16” x 20” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “February’s Mustard.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
On October 13, 1989, Lou Gramm returned with his second album, “Long Hard Look,” an album that did not sell as well as his debut and which had more musicians assisting him that the earlier album. The year 1989 was a time of change as we were heading out of the New Wave bands on the late 1970s and the ‘80s into a time when not too far away, Grunge was going to come exploding out of the Pacific Northwest which would change music for the foreseeable future. Still, the vocalist never fails to please his listeners and it would cement the idea in his head that time to bolt Foreigner and Mick Jones’ control of the musical process could and should be done. Ah, well, it is what it is in the world of music. Seek the album out and add it to your collection- you will be glad you did.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 11-15-2020, all rights reserved. Word Count: 1,697.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, Blondie, Frank Infante, Gene Clark, The Byrds, P. F. “Flip” Sloan, the Grass Roots, Leonid I. Brezhnev, Argent, John Grimaldi, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Felix Frankfurter, Marie Yovanovitch, U.S. Secretary of State John W. Foster, U.S. Senator Chris Coons, U.S. Attorney General Benjamin Franklin Butler, U.S. Attorney General Isaac Toucey, Stalingrad, Battle of Moscow, Battle of Guadalcanal, Lou Gramm, Murph MacDougal,
TODAY IN HISTORY, SUNDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Sunday, November 15, 2020:
[i] We offered the music of the Byrds beginning on Monday, 16-January-2012 and concluded the presentation on Friday, 17-February-2012.
[ii] We hope to promote the music of Blondie within the next 7-8 years. We hope you will be with us when we do.
[iii] We promoted the music of the Zombies, Argent, Rod Argent, and Colin Blunstone beginning on Monday, 28-October-2019 through Sunday, 05-January-2020. Please, check them out.
[iv] And they claim that Republicans NEVER do anything for the environment.
[v] Whether we like it or not, Hong Kong is part of the People’s Republic of China and within their jurisdiction.
[vi] We offered the music of this famed West Coast band- the Grass Roots- beginning on Thursday, 06-February-2014 through Saturday, 22-February-2014. We hope you will seek their music out by visiting whatever site you choose for the absolute best in rock music. You will be glad you did.
[vii] When the phony skank sat before the U.S. Senate’s Judiciary Committee, she acted like a timid little girl, wailing and moaning about a young Brett Kavanaugh did to her. Although she could not name dates, places, or most of the people present and even though her closest friend said she knew nothing about what Dr. Ford was saying, Dr. Ford still tried to destroy now-Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s chances of making the court all because this is what Democrats do. What a shame. Same goes for former Ambassador Yovanovitch, presidents are in charge of U.S. foreign policy and no one else. They appoint many ambassadors as well as special ones to represent them in a variety of circumstances. A president can remove or recall an ambassador at any time as ambassadors are charged with carrying out the president’s foreign policies and not creating their own. It is interesting to note that when Barack Obama won the 2008 Presidential Election, he immediately made it known that upon assuming office all Bush-appointed ambassadors were out of their jobs. It is how and as it should be,.
[viii] You can begin reading our coverage on the unfair actions the Democrats used against Kavanaugh beginning with Chef Tiresias’ post of Wednesday, July 11, 2018.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR