TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
319. TODAY IN HISTORY—SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2020:
Diwali/Deepavali (Hindu Holiday)
President James A. Garfield; U.S. Attorney General Roger B. Taney; U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice; heavyweight boxer Jimmy Young; Michael Jackson’s “Black-or-White,” and Milli Vanilli:
- 1380 Wednesday: King Charles VI of France receives the crown at age 12.
- 1524 Monday: Near modern-day Colombia, Conquistador Francisco Pizarro and his troops begin their first great expedition.
- 1792 Sunday: Captain George Vancouver and his ship are the first English men to sail into Vancouver Bay.
- 1832 Monday: In New York City, city planners placed the first streetcar into service. Horses drew the vehicle aboard which, 30 people could ride.
- 1833 Tuesday: The 11th U.S. Attorney General Roger B. Taney stepped down from the post on this date. First a federalist and then a Democrat, he served under President Andrew Jackson from 07-20-1831 to 11-14-1833 and then became 12th U.S. Treasury Secretary and then 5th U.S. Supreme Court chief justice.
- 1851 Wednesday: Herman Melville’s “Moby Dick; or the Whale” goes into publication in the United States for the first time.
- 1862 Wednesday: During the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln gave permission to proceed for Major General Ambrose Burnside’s plan to capture the Confederate capital of Richmond, Virginia; the resulting Battle of Fredericksburg proved to be a major disaster for the Union.
- 1881 Saturday: Charles J. Guiteau went on trial for assassinating President James A. Garfield, the jury found him guilty of the charges, and sent him to the gallows a year later.
- 1889 Tuesday: Inspired by Jules Verne, New York World reporter Nellie Bly (Elizabeth Cochrane) set out to travel around the world in less than 80 days; she made the trip in 72 days.
- 1907 Wednesday: Two renowned children’s authors were born: William Steig (“Shrek”) and Astrid Lindgren (“Pippi Longstocking”) near Vimmerby, Sweden.
- 1910 Sunday: Eugene B. Ely became the first aviator to take off from a ship as his Curtiss Pusher rolled off a platform on the deck of the scout-cruiser USS Birmingham off Hampton Roads, Virginia.
- 1922 Monday: The British Broadcasting Corporation began its domestic radio service on this date.
- 1935 Wednesday: The Nazis deprived German Jews of their citizenship. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt declares the Philippines a ‘free commonwealth.’ The Tydings-McDuffie Act planned for the Philippines to become completely independent by July 04, 1946.
- 1940 Wednesday: During World War II, German planes destroyed most of the English town of Coventry.
- 1941 Thursday: The governor of the Dutch Antilles refuses European Jews trying to escape Europe. On the Eastern Front, Hitler is still ordering his generals onward to take Moscow but individual commanders can no longer continue the push and begin ordering the construction of defensive lines. Running short of replacement troops, food, ammunition, and medical supplies and with temperatures dropping, they are in desperate straits.
- 1942 Friday: Last Vichy-French troops fighting the Allies in Algeria surrender.[i] Meanwhile, the battle of Stalingrad continues to rage around the city but no relief for the Russians has been in sight. General Chuikov was desperate and sent a message across the Volga to headquarters asking where relief was, supplies, even ammo. No reply.
- 1943 Saturday: Leonard Bernstein, the 25-year-old assistant conductor of the New York Philharmonic, made his debut with the orchestra as he filled in for ailing Bruno Walter during a nationally broadcast concert.
- 1948 Saturday: In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, future heavyweight boxing legend Jimmy Young is born. Over the course of his professional career, he would compile a record of 35 wins (11 KO), 18 losses, 3 draws, and 1 no contest.
- 1954 Saturday: In Birmingham, Alabama, future 66th U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is born. A Republican, she served under President George W. Bush from 01-26-2005 to 01-20-2009.
- 1956 Tuesday: The Soviet Union declares the Hungarian uprising quelled.
- 1960 Sunday: Due to its Congo policies, Belgium threatens to leave the United Nations.
- 1965 Sunday: The United States begins sending 90,000 troops to South Vietnam. Meanwhile, the first major battle of the conflict between U.S. troops and NVA regulars begins in the five-day Battle of Ia Drang. The fighting between the two sides ground to a halt on November 18 with both sides declaring victory.
- 1966 Monday: Cassius Clay scores a TKO over Cleveland Williams in three rounds for the heavyweight boxing title.
- 1968 Thursday: Yale University announced it was going co-educational.
- 1969 Friday: Apollo 12 blasted off for the Moon on this date. Meanwhile, Major General Bruno Arthur Hochmuth, commander of the Third Marine Division, became the first general killed in Vietnam by enemy fire.
- 1970 Saturday: A chartered Southern Airways DC-9 crashed while trying to land in West Virginia, killing all 75 on board, including the Marshal University football team and its coaching staff.
- 1972 Tuesday: The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed above the 1,000 level for the first time, ending the day at 1003.16.
- 1977 Monday: To Walter Cronkite, Egyptian President Anwar Sadat says that he is ‘willing to go to Israel to discuss peace.’
- 1980 Friday: Judges crown 19-year-old Kimberly Santos of Guam 30th Miss World.
- 1982 Sunday: Authorities in Poland free labor leader, Lech Walesa, of the Solidarity Union from prison.
- 1986 Friday: The Securities and Exchange Commission imposed a $100 million penalty on insider-trader Ivan F. Boesky and barred him from working again in the securities industry.
- 1990 Wednesday: Investigators revealed that the pop duo Milli Vanilli[ii] (Rob Pilatus and Fabrice Morvan) had done none of the singing on their Grammy-winning debut album “Girl You Know It’s True.”
- 1991 Thursday: Michael Jackson’s[iii] video, “Black-or-White,” premieres on FOX-TV.
- 1993 Sunday: Puerto Rico votes against becoming the 51st state of the Union.
- 1994 Monday: The first public trains connecting England and France through the Chunnel begin operating.
- 2004 Sunday: Mahmoud Abbas, successor to Yasser Arafat,[iv] escaped unharmed when militants firing assault rifles burst into a mourning tent for the deceased Palestinian leader in Gaza, killing two security guards.
- 2008 Friday: Across the nation, one million people in 300 cities protest the passage of Proposition 8 in the Golden State, a prop that put a ban on gay marriage. Meanwhile, in Washington, D.C., leaders of the G20 nations convene for an economic summit. These nations represent 90-percent of the world’s GDP making this first-time ever meeting historic.
- 2009 Saturday: Slovenia announces it will allow Russia’s South Stream gas pipeline to Europe to pass through its country. Meanwhile, President Barack Hussein Obama,[v] on a mission to repair America’s global standing, told Asian countries during a speech in Tokyo that he was determined to engage them as equal partners in the economy, diplomacy, and security.
- 2010 Sunday: Haiti continues to suffer as the raging cholera epidemic has claimed 900 lives and sickened thousands of others. Meanwhile, the White House announces that it has a plan with which to close Gitmo. Elsewhere, the Dems arrive at a new leadership deal in the House: after losing the House to Republicans, former Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi will remain as minority leader, Rep. James Clyburn, D-SC, will fill a new position as assistant leader under Minority Whip Steny Hoyer, D-Maryland.
- 2011 Monday: Riot police arrest dozens of people as they close Occupy Oakland and Occupy Portland rallies, offshoots of the Occupy Wall Street Movement.
- 2012 Wednesday: Several European countries protest oncoming austerity measures; Spain and Portugal hold the largest while Greece, Italy, and Belgium hold smaller ones.
- 2013 Thursday: During the first month of Obamacare’s existence, the U.S. government reports that 106,185 signed up for health insurance; however, only 26,794 signed up using the horrible Healthcare.gov Website, a major disaster.
- 2014 Friday: Health officials stabilize Dr. Martin Salia, a physician working in Sierra Leone, for transport home to Nebraska for medical treatment for the Ebola virus. However, Salia was not working in a hospital treating Ebola cases so the source of his infection was not clear.
- 2015 Saturday: After Islamists carried out attacks in Paris the day before in which, 129 people were killed and hundreds more injured, the Parisian police aided by the military is on a manhunt to find the scumbags responsible for this outrage. Elsewhere, in the second Democratic Party Presidential Debate, Hillary Clinton, Senator Bernie Sanders, and former Baltimore Mayor Martin O’Malley argue over foreign policy and Wall Street/economic policy.
- 2016 Monday: President-elect Donald J. Trump tries to gain GOP support on his infrastructure plan that will rebuild the United States crumbling infrastructure and will put tens of millions back to work in high-paying jobs. So far, they are ignoring him.
- 2017 Tuesday: A new tax bill in the U.S. Senate- if passed- would kiss the mandate under Obamacare ‘goodbye.’ The mandate has kept the nation’s economy in the pits with employers employing their workers at 28 hours or fewer per week so as not to have to pay the massive Obamacare dollars. Thus, U.S. workers have had to work 2, 3, even 4 jobs just to stay even. It needs to go. Meanwhile, Pentagon leaders told Capitol Hill that they would negate any order by President Trump to launch a nuclear war against an adversary. Deep State strikes again.
- 2018 Wednesday: President Donald J. Trump wants to revise U.S. prison and sentencing laws, wants to see them made fairer and for nonviolent criminals to be freed from unjust sentences. Meanwhile, as California continues burning down, customers on PG&E discover that they could very well be on the hook for the awards the utility giant is going to have to pay out through higher energy rates. Thus, their homes burn down, family members die, and things appear bleak and now the survivors will have to foot the bill. California Democrats are responsible for this fiasco.
- 2019 Thursday: Former Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick entered the race for the 2020 nomination to lead the Democratic Party in winning back the White House. Former president Barack Hussein Obama gave him tacit approval which drove a dagger into the back of his former vice president, Joe Biden. Hillary Clinton claimed on this date that many people are urging her to make another run. Meanwhile, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi continues saying that the Democrats are going to drag down Donald J. Trump after the previous day’s impeachment hearings proved absolutely nothing.
- 2020 Saturday: Today is the Million Maga March in Washington, D.C., a peaceful protest in which nearly a million voters are calling for a FAIR ELECTION and not the theft of the 2020 Presidential Election in which, Democrats, RINOS, foreign governments, and compliant, supportive media continue trying to overthrow the Trump administration. One speaker pointed out that the corrupt Dominion software system seems to have ‘glitches’ that go in ONLY one direction: for “Pro-China Joe” Biden. Elsewhere, in California, one House seats flips from BLUE to RED as Congressman Gil Cisneros concedes to Republican challenger Kim Young, a Korean American. In another close House race, it appears that former Republican Congressman David Valadao is going to win his election over Democrat incumbent T.J. Cox, a man beset by corruption allegations, tax liens, and tax fraud. Poor Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi! Finally, former White House physician and Texas Congressman-elect Ronny Jackson says that ‘Joe Biden must undergo a cognitive test.’ Amen, the man is a senile old fool.
- 2020 Saturday A: Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller says that ‘more U.S. troops will be coming home from Afghanistan over the course of the next several weeks. Meanwhile, Armenians set their homes ablaze as Azerbaijani troops begin taking possession of the disputed area that has ignited a HOT WAR between the two former Soviet republics. Elsewhere, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo arrives in France to begin his seven-country tour in which, he and European leaders will discuss foreign matters.
- 2020 Saturday B: Senator Susan Collins of Maine, GOP, slams Senate Minority Leader “Crying Chuck” Schumer who spewed all sorts of lies about the Republican lawmaker. She let him have it verbally with both barrels as she should because in our view, Schumer is a POS. Even Dick Durbin would make a better minority leader for the Democrats than this scurrilous scumbag. Meanwhile, Congresswoman-elect Nicole Malliotakis, New York 11th Congressional District winner, announces she will establish an anti-socialist squad with all the incoming freshmen GOP congresswomen. Simultaneously, “Bug-Eyes” Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, aka AOC, aka Baby Evita, birth name- Sandy Cortez, says that she ‘is going to spend the next two months working hard at helping Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock win their Georgia Senate races as well as for other House Democrats attempting to cling to their seats. Elsewhere, Bill Maher, the unhinged late-night TV personality blasts the Democratic Party for ruining the party by pushing through the senile old fool, “Pro-China Joe” Biden and for pushing socialism. Finally, North Dakota Governor Doug Burgum orders a statewide mask mandate as numbers for the Chi-Vi continue going up in his state.
- 2020 Saturday C: California’s far-left Governor Gavin “The Smiler” Newsom finds himself on the receiving end of taking loads of heat after he and numerous friends and family were busted celebrating a birthday at a local restaurant with NO ONE observing his draconian mask mandate or social distancing. We have seen other hack Democrats like “Mumbles” Pelosi and “Crying Chuck” Schumer also NOT wearing masks in public. Here we have yet another clear example of RULES FOR THEE BUT NOT FOR ME. Time to recall this Benito Mussolini wannabe. Meanwhile, Guitar Center announces it may file for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protections. We also know that AT&T is looking to offload CNN- could President Donald J. Trump seek to buy the distressed, leftist propaganda network and transform it into a viable center-right bastion of the truth? We would love to see that!
- 2020 D: As Democrats and their Fake News media allies- including Fox News- continue telling us that “Joe Biden and Kamala Harris won the election, that it’s time to unify, come together, and move on,” we learn that Trump-Pence won an astounding number of GOP votes in the Golden State. What? We believe Trump-Pence WON California. Speaking of liberal calls for UNITY, how can we unify when Democrats call Trump supporters, “Nazis, racists, haters, homophobes, xenophobes, bigots, misogynists, transphobes, and other negative epithets to which we’ll add another for the heck of it: furryphobes. We mean, why not? They call us everything else under the book and then expect us to unify around them? Bulls**t. Meanwhile, Wisconsin voters sue to have the fraudulent ballots thrown out of their state’s count. LET’S DO THE ELECTION OVER WITH VOTER ID AND ON PAPER BALLOTS AND THEN DO THE COUNTS WITH EVERYONE WATCHING THEM AS THEY GO?
- 2020 Saturday E: Stick around for tonight’s Super Lotto Drawing #3508 with a $26 million jackpot up for grabs as well as the Powerball Drawing #794 with a $168 million jackpot on the line. First, here are the numbers for the Super Lotto: 12, 13, 23, 31, 36, and Mega 10. One person had the five numbers PLUS the Mega for a prize of $26 million; the second highest winner was one person who had FIVE numbers but NO Mega for a prize of $36,680. Next, here are the numbers for the Powerball drawing: 07, 15, 18, 32, 45, and Power 20. The highest winners were two people who had four numbers plus the Powerball for a prize of $18,378 apiece.
- 2020 Saturday F: North Korea enters the nation’s 10th month of ‘lockdown’ (they are always under lockdown) to combat the spread of the Chinese Virus. Speaking of the Chi-Vi, let us present to you the numbers for the Xi Jinping Bat Flu- Pelosi Pox, communist China’s gift to the world and a boon for Democrats who want to exercise their fascist skills in locking down people’s lives: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 53,843,270 confirmed cases, +561,920, 1,309,784, confirmed deaths, +8,763, and 34,676,955 confirmed recoveries, +282,661. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 10,961,690 confirmed cases, UP 151,385 from yesterday’s reporting, 248,833 confirmed deaths, UP 1,187, and 5,926,001 confirmed recoveries, UP 40,433
- 2020 Saturday G: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 1,020,576 confirmed cases, 18,221 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 16,519 confirmed cases, 222 confirmed deaths, and last week at this time 12,055 confirmed recoveries but none reported this week. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 132,183 confirmed cases, 2,634 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other state: Missouri- currently, they have 245,435 confirmed cases, 3,461 confirmed deaths, and no mention of confirmed recoveries- we guess it is what it is. Let’s look at Israel’s stats now that Mo is living there: 323,339 confirmed cases, 2,721 confirmed deaths, and 312,625 confirmed recoveries.
- 2020 Saturday G: House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi calls out Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg for not following mass censorship demands other BIG TECH and Social Media platforms buckled under into doing. Meanwhile, Judge Janine has her show on Fox News Channel tonight and gets pretty close to pointing out all of the crooked shenanigans that occurred during the 2020 Presidential Election with Corey Lewandowski pointing out that even with a court order from a judge in the Keystone State, Pennsylvania election officials still prevented him and other observers from entering count rooms. This says beyond a shadow of a doubt that the U.S. Justice Department needs to come down atop these scumbag Democrats like a load of bricks. The election in the state MUST- we repeat MUST occur again with voter ID (not racist) and with paper ballots. Otherwise, it should be stripped from “Pro-China Joe’s” win column.
- 2020 Saturday H: It would appear that Georgia- with a Republican government- is going to resort to no in-person voting due to a spike in Chinese Virus cases. How convenient, you know, it seems that Georgia is going against Trump and could throw the two important U.S. Senate races to the Democrats. Let us hope this is not true…
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0282 a 36” x 48” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Snow Melt.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Not to be outdone by his Foreigner band mate, fiery guitarist Mick Jones released his self-titled solo debut, “Mick Jones” on March 21, 1989. Jones had been in the music business for a long time, having taken Luther Grosvenor’s place in Spooky Tooth when it reformed for three albums with Gary Wright in charge in the early to mid-1970s. From there, he assembled a powerful group of Anglo-American musicians to create Foreigner and from there, they became one of the greatest all-time hard rock bands with a twist- they could also do lush ballads that put them in like flint with the women of the era. He had the help of an army of fellow musicians, many of them Brits like himself which resulted in a superb solo album that unfortunately was not a gigantic seller like Gramm’s solo effort was. We hope you will seek this album out and add it to your collection because fantastic guitarists, he is an unsung hero. You’ll enjoy it.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 11-14-2020, all rights reserved. Word Count: 1,740.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, President James A. Garfield, Jimmy Young, U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Stalingrad, Battle of Moscow, Mick Jones, Murph MacDougal,
TODAY IN HISTORY, SATURDAY NOVEMBER 14, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Saturday, November 14, 2020:
[i] This brought Operation Torch to a successful conclusion.
[ii] We will promote the music of these guys before we ever promote the music of Coldplay or Maroon Five, two c**k-sucking bands to be sure.
[iii] We project to present music by the Jackson Five and Michael Jackson sometime in 2026.
[iv] The former leader of the notorious Palestine Liberation Organization died from HIV-AIDS.
[v] It is important to note that millions of Americans believe Obama to have been an illegitimate president seeing as how evidence continues to mount that demonstrates he was not born in the United States as the Constitution demands but on foreign soil.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR