TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
318. TODAY IN HISTORY—FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2020:
U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justices William R. Day and Louis Brandeis; U.S. Senator Dan Sullivan; the Troggs featuring Ronnie Bond:
- 1312 Monday: England’s King Edward III was born at Windsor Castle.
- 1775 Friday: American Revolutionary War forces capture Montreal, Canada.
- 1789 Tuesday: Benjamin Franklin, in a letter to a friend, Jean-Baptise Leroy: “In this world, nothing can be said to be certain other than death and taxes.”
- 1805 Monday: Viennese butcher Johann George Lehner invented a recipe and called it the ‘frankfurter.’
- 1817 Tuesday: The 9th U.S. Attorney General William Wirt assumed office on this day. First a Democratic-Republican and then a member of the Anti-Masonic Party, he served under Presidents James Monroe and John Quincy Adams from 11-13-1817 to 03-04-1829.
- 1839 Monday: The first U.S. anti-slavery party, the Liberty Party, forms in New York.
- 1849 Sunday: Voters in California ratified the state’s original constitution.
- 1856 Tuesday: In Louisville, Kentucky, future 67th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Louis Brandeis, is born. President Woodrow Wilson nominated his fellow Democrat to fill the seat of Associate Justice Joseph Rucker Lamar. Brandeis served from 06-01-1916 to 02-13-1939.
- 1865 Wednesday: PT Barnum’s New American Museum opens in Bridgeport, Connecticut.
- 1909 Friday: Two-hundred-and-fifty-nine men and boys lost their lives when fire erupted inside a coalmine in Cherry, Illinois.
- 1911 Sunday: The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that an unauthorized motion picture adaptation of novel “Ben-Hur” by General Lew Wallace infringed on the book’s copyright.
- 1918 Tuesday: The new Bolshevik government of Russia cancels the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk. The Russians signed the treaty with the Germans, the Austro-Hungarians, and the Bulgarians for them to exit the First World War. However, the Central Powers upon the Russians reneging on the treaty caused them to begin gobbling up additional Russian territory.
- 1921 Saturday: The United States, France, Great Britain, and the Empire of Japan sign a treaty on the Pacific Ocean and on the capital ships that each nation may possess.
- 1922 Sunday: The 59th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice William R. Day retired from the Supreme Court on this date. A Republican, President Theodore Roosevelt nominated him to fill George Shiras’ seat. Day served from 12-23-1903 to 11-13-1922. He would die on 07-09-1923 at Mackinac Island, Michigan.
- 1927 Saturday: The Holland Tunnel opened to the public, providing access between lower Manhattan and New Jersey beneath the Hudson River.
- 1933 Sunday: In Austin, Minnesota, the first sit-down labor strike in American history occurred.
- 1935 Tuesday: Anti-British riots break out across Egypt.
- 1937 Friday: The NBC Symphony Orchestra, formed exclusively for radio broadcasting, made its debut.
- 1940 Tuesday: At New York’s Broadway Theater, the Walt Disney movie, “Fantasia,” had its world premiere.
- 1941 Wednesday: The Germans sink the British aircraft carrier, Ark Royal, in the Mediterranean Sea.
- 1942 Thursday: President Franklin Delano Roosevelt signed a measure lowering the minimum draft age from 21 to 18.
- 1956 Monday: The U.S. Supreme Court struck down laws calling for racial segregation on public city and state busses.
- 1960 Saturday: Singer and actor Sammy Davis, Jr. weds Swedish actress May Britt.
- 1964 Friday: In Fairview Park, Ohio, future Republican Senator Dan Sullivan representing Alaska is born. He would enter the world’s greatest deliberative body on January 03, 2015.
- 1969 Thursday: Vice President Spiro T. Agnew accuses network TV news departments of ‘bias and distortion’ and urged viewers to lodge complaints. Even back then, the fake news media was churning out lies and bull crap.
- 1970 Friday: Lieutenant General Hafiz al-Assad becomes the dictator of Syria.
- 1971 Saturday: The U.S. space probe Mariner 9 went into orbit around Mars.
- 1974 Wednesday: Karen Silkwood, a technician and union activist at the Kerr-McGee Cimarron plutonium plant near Crescent, Oklahoma, died in a car crash while on her way to meet a reporter and spill her guts.
- 1977 Sunday: Al Capp’s comic strip, “Li’l Abner,” appeared for the final time.
- 1980 Thursday: U.S. spacecraft Voyager I sent back close-up photos of the planet Saturn.
- 1982 Saturday: The Vietnam Veterans Memorial, designed by Maya Lin, was dedicated on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. Meanwhile, South Korean boxer Duk Koo Kim suffers a fatal injury when knocked out by American boxer Ray “Boom-Boom” Mancini.
- 1984 Tuesday: A libel suit by former Israeli Defense Minister Ariel Sharon against Time, Inc., went to court.
- 1985 Wednesday: Some 23,000 residents of Armero, Columbia, died when a volcanic mudslide buried the city.
- 1986 Thursday: President Ronald Reagan announces that the United States did indeed sell weapons to Iran and to the Mullah in exchange for money to aid the Contras in Nicaragua.
- 1989 Monday: Polish labor leader Lech Walesa received the Medal of Freedom from President George H.W. Bush during a White House ceremony.
- 1991 Wednesday: Roger Clemens won his third Cy Young Award for the American league.
- 1992 Friday: Riddick Bowe beats Evander Holyfield in 12 rounds to win the heavyweight boxing title of the world. Elsewhere, Ronnie Bond—drummer for the British Invasion rock group, the Troggs[i]—died on this date.
- 1994 Sunday: Sweden agrees to join the European Union.
- 1995 Monday: Greg Maddux of the Atlanta Braves became the first major league pitcher to win four consecutive Cy Young Awards.
- 1997 Thursday: The United Nations pulls its weapons inspectors out of Saddam Hussein’s Iraq.
- 2000 Monday: Lawyers for Governor George W. Bush, R-TX, failed to win a court order barring manual recounts of ballots in Florida. Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris[ii] announced she would end the recounting at 5:00 P.M. Eastern Time the following day, prompting an immediate appeal by lawyers for Vice President Al Gore.[iii]
- 2001 Tuesday: President George W. Bush signed an executive order that would allow for military tribunals to try any foreigners captured with connections to the terrorist attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001. It was the first time since World War II that a president had taken such an action. Bush then met with Russian President Vladimir Putin at the White House where they promised to slash Cold War-era nuclear arsenals by two-thirds. [iv]
- 2006 Monday: After the finalization of a deal, Google Inc. acquired YouTube for $1.65 billion in Google stock.
- 2007 Tuesday: Iraqi insurgents strike near the Green Zone in Baghdad setting off a roadside bomb that kills two civilians and injures several others. God bless the so-called ‘religion of peace.’
- 2008 Thursday: The European Union and Russia conduct negotiations in Nice, France, in which both entities agree not to deploy missile defenses in Europe until sometime after mid-2009 when the EU, Russia, and the United States will strike a bargain.
- 2009 Friday: NASA announced that scientists had discovered water on the moon. The discovery came from the planned impact on the moon of the Lunar Crater Observation and Sensing Satellite.
- 2010 Saturday: Off the coast of Somalia, pirates attack a Chinese ship with 29 crewmembers aboard. The attack occurs in the Arabian Sea.
- 2011 Sunday: The NYPD is gearing up to begin removing Occupy Wall Street protesters from Zucotti Park on Monday the 14th. This riffraff has set up encampments in the park, doing drugs, drinking booze, raping women, and even murder and citizens living around the site are demanding their city do something about it ASAP.
- 2012 Tuesday: Parts of Australia and the South Pacific witness a total solar eclipse, with Cairns being the most populated city to witness the rare solar event.
- 2013 Wednesday: The largest fancy orange diamond on record was sold at Christie’s Auction House in Geneva, Switzerland; the 14.82-carat stunner sold for $35.5 million.
- 2014 Thursday: The Islamic State announces that it is going to mint its own currency with which, it will remove itself from the world financial system, a system it considers “Satanic.”
- 2015 Friday: Islamic State militants- all members of the so-called ‘religion of peace,’ Islam- carried out a coordinated series of attacks in Paris, hitting the national stadium, restaurants, streets, and a crowded concert hall, killing 130 people in the worst attack on French soil since World War II.[v]
- 2016 Sunday: President-elect Donald J. Trump picks Breitbart’s Steve Bannon to serve as his chief political strategist. Meanwhile, the president-elect sits down with 60 Minutes’ Lesley Stahl and mentions that he may ‘deport up to 3 million people.’ We expect him to deport about 10-15 million illegal aliens.
- 2017 Monday: Attorney-General Jeff Sessions testifies before the House Judiciary Committee and alludes to the fact that he is considering another look into the Clinton Foundation. Meanwhile in the era of #MeToo, both the House and Senate are seeking to address their sexual harassment problems. The American people deserve to know HOW MUCH taxpayer dollars are paid out to keep victims of sexual abuse on Capitol Hill. They deserve to know this.
- 2018 Tuesday: As California continues to wither under the nonstop forest fires, the death toll rises to 50 with scores of people missing. Northern and Southern California are ablaze and Democrats in Sacramento raise their hands skyward and ask, “WHY?” The forests are burning down because you won’t spend money to clean them and second, it’s because you have placed all types of deadlines on PG&E to move to renewable energy sources within the next 10 years. Unable to update and upgrade power lines while meeting dictates, the state roils under unnecessary fires. Vote out all Democrats. On Capitol Hill, House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi ordered Capitol Hill cops to arrest 51 climate change activists demanding she do something about ‘climate change.’ Way to go, Mumbles.
- 2019 Wednesday: Today was the first day of public impeachment hearings for President Donald J. Trump. House Intel Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-CA, held a disastrous round of hearings with two pro-Ukrainian U.S. diplomats, acting ambassador to Ukraine William Taylor and the deputy assistant secretary of state, George Kent. Both men flopped and Republican lawmakers tore them to shreds.[vi]
- 2020 Friday: Election Day Plus ELEVEN… The Chi-Coms congratulate “Pro-China Joe” Biden and his consort, Senator Kamala Harris, on their ‘amazing election victory’ and announce their willingness to immediately begin working with the so-called ‘president- and- vice president-elect.’ We contend everyone suspected as much- why didn’t the Chi-Coms do it on the evening of November 03? Apparently, there are setbacks for the Trump legal team in the Keystone State- Pennsylvania. Reports are North Carolina is in the Trump camp- finally- while Arizona is in Vice President Joe Biden’s win column. Elsewhere- and this is humorous- Congressman Adam “Pencil Neck” Schiff, D-CA, labels the GOP as ‘obstructionists’ for not being willing to immediately begin working with ‘President-elect Pro-China Joe Biden.
- 2020 Friday A: President Donald J. Trump informs the news media that the Chi-Vi vaccine that Pfizer has ready to go is more than 90-percent effective, that the military is doing a bang-up job in preparing to get the first 100,000,000 doses ready to distribute across the country to the nation’s first line responders, the elderly, and the vulnerable. The cost to the American people will be ZERO. The federal government is prepared to purchase another 200,000,000 or more doses of the Wuhan Virus vaccine and get them to every American by early next year.
- 2020 Friday B: Folks, here are the numbers for the Xi Jinping Bat Flu- Pelosi Pox: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 53,045,087 confirmed cases, +713,625, 1,297,746, confirmed deaths, +9,780, and 34,273,306 confirmed recoveries, +229,594. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 10,743,254 confirmed cases, up 183,871 from yesterday’s reporting, 247,083 confirmed deaths, UP 2,662, and 5,872,197 confirmed recoveries, UP 41,796. Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 1,011,568 confirmed cases, 18,160 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 16,403 confirmed cases, 222 confirmed deaths, and last week at this time 12,006 confirmed recoveries. Sadly, beginning this week, Hawaii joined the ranks of states NOT reporting recovery numbers. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 129,844 confirmed cases, 2,619 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Now that Mo has relocated to Israel, let’s look at the statistics there: 322,159 confirmed cases, 2,706 confirmed deaths, and 310,605 confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other state: Indiana- currently, they have 239,139 confirmed cases, 4,863 confirmed deaths, and NO mention of confirmed recoveries.
- 2020 Friday C: Here are the stats for today’s Stock Market closes: first the DOW Jones Industrial Average, 29,479.81, UP 399.64 points (+1.37%). Next, here are the stats for the NASDAQ: 11,829.29, UP 119.70 points (+1.02%). Finally, here are the numbers for the S&P 500: 3,585.15, UP 48.14 points (+1.36%). Price of GOLD: $1,888.20 per troy oz., +2.00 (+0.11%) Here is the price of SILVER: $24.76 per troy oz., -0.015 (-0.06%). Price of PLATINUM: $894.00 per troy oz., -2.00 (-0.06%). Price of PALLADIUM: $2,329.70 per troy oz., -12.40 (-0.52%). Here is the price of COPPER: $3.18 per #, +0.004 (+0.13%). Price of Light Sweet Crude Oil per barrel: $40.12, -0.01 (-0.02%). Today, one-dollar U.S. = 6.60 PRC yuan whereas one U.S. greenback = 0.84 euros. Just for a lark, $1 U.S. = 76.70 Afghan afghani. In the U.S. jobless claims fell by 7,000 to 751,000 new claims the week of October 31.
- 2020 Friday D: White House trade adviser Peter Navarro says the team is moving ahead with agenda for a second Trump term. Meanwhile, down in Georgia, the two scumbags who chased down and murdered (allegedly) Ahmaud Arbery will remain in prison due to a judge denying them bail. The governors of California, Oregon, and Washington issue travel advisories to anyone entering the state of the holidays must quarantine for 14 days or face legal problems which could include confinement. The governors have already laid out punitive restrictions on holiday gatherings that are so draconian, we expect citizens of the states are going to rebel. NOTE – to Gov. Gavin Newsom from the AICPENDBLOG.COM: F**K YOU!
- 2020 Friday E: Stick around for tonight’s Mega Millions Drawing #1607 with a $165 million jackpot at stake. Here are the numbers: 06, 07, 14, 28, 59, and Mega 07. The highest winners were two people who had four numbers plus the Mega number for $9,045 apiece. Congratulations
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0281 a 36” x 48” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “A Majestic View.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
At some point, all good things begin coming to an end and due to creative differences between vocalist Lou Gramm and guitarist Mick Jones, the vocalist became the first member of Foreigner to put out his own solo album, “Ready or Not,” on January 19, 1987. This album contained some classic tunes that got radio airplay such as “Midnight Blue,” and “Ready or Not.” This should have fired a massive salvo across the bow of Mick Jones’ flagship because if Foreigner were to lose Gramm, things would never be the same other than on the touring circuit. Joining Gramm (vocals/production) were Bruce Turgon (guitars/bass/keyboards), Nils Lofgren (lead guitar), Phil Ashley (keyboards), and Ben Gramm (drums/percussion). If you want to enjoy an amazing album, we hope you will seek this one out and add it to your collection- you will be glad you did.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 11-13-2020, all rights reserved. Word Count: 1,697.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, Ronnie Bond, the Troggs, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice William R. Day, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Louis Brandeis, U.S. Senator Dan Sullivan, Foreigner, Lou Gramm, Murph MacDougal,
TODAY IN HISTORY, FRIDAY NOVEMBER 13, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Friday, November 13, 2020:
[i] We began promoting the music of the Troggs on Monday, 06-January-2020 and then Google Blogger slammed the door shut on us. Go figure. We hope to return to presenting the music of the greatest bands in the world one day so please, remain vigilant for the day that we do.
[ii] Since this stunning throwback of Democrat cheating, the former Nazi criminal financier George Soros has funded every crackpot far-leftist anti-American secretary of state and district attorney gigs around the country so that he can manipulate and topple elections he does not like. This man should be delivered to the Hague to stand trial for his World War II-era war crimes.
[iii] If this seems somewhat familiar, it is, Democrats fight to overturn every presidential election they lose. This is what they do. Democrats use every crooked means available to them and then some so what we see Democrats doing in 2019 and beyond is the same thing they sought to do to President George W. Bush, prior to him becoming president the first time and again in 2004 when he ran for re-election. The Democrats tried to produce enough ballots in Ohio and in Florida to throw the election to their candidate, the highly unpopular Sen. John F. Kerry. There was no way that a clone of Lurch from the Addams Family was ever going to become president without cheating. Thankfully, he lost.
[iv] Prior to President Donald J. Trump entering office, this was how the U.S. conducted business with foreign adversaries. Nations sat down and discussed issues, every president prior to President Trump interacted with competitors and adversaries. For some reason, IF President Trump tries to do the same thing, he is committing treason. Folks, it would be great if we could work with Russia instead of trying to isolate them as though they remained a Cold War adversary. China is a far greater danger and we should be doing everything possible to ally with Russia against the communist Chinese.
[v] France has a major problem what with millions of Muslims who want to see the collapse of the French nation and an Islamic hellhole erected in its place. Enough! Deport all of the angry Muslims back to their home countries.
[vi] Adam Schiff continues lying that he has never met the ‘whistleblower’ who claims third-or-fourth-hand knowledge of a phone call that President Donald J. Trump had with new Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. By the way, the name of the so-called ‘whistleblower’ is a CIA officer by the name of Eric Ciaramella. He met with Schiff prior to this fiasco and found himself in trouble on this day as he set up a ‘Go Fund Me’ account for his legal fees which is illegal for someone still in government employ. What a nest of snakes.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR