TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
315. TODAY IN HISTORY—TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2020:
The United States Marine Corps Birthday (Observance)
U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justices Henry Brockholst Livingston and Samuel Nelson; Spanish Dictator El Caudillo Francisco Franco; Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev, Alice Cooper featuring Glenn Buxton, the Atlanta Rhythm Section featuring Ronnie Hampton, and Emerson, Lake & Palmer featuring Greg Lake:
- 461 Friday: St. Leo I ends his reign as Catholic Pope.
- 1444 Tuesday: At the Battle of Varna in the Black Sea, Sultan Murad I’s fleet beats the Crusader fleet.
- 1674 Tuesday: The Dutch formally cede New Netherlands (New York) to the British.
- 1775 Tuesday: Under its authority, the Continental Congress authorized the formation of the United States Marine Corps.
- 1792 Wednesday: In Hebron, NY, the future 29th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Samuel Nelson, a Democrat, is born. President John Tyler nominated him to fill the seat of Democratic-Republican Associate Justice Smith Thompson. Nelson served from 02-14-1845 to 11-28-1872.
- 1793 Thursday: France formally ends the forced worship of God.
- 1801 Sunday: The state of Tennessee outlawed the practice of dueling.
- 1806 Saturday: The 15th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Henry Brockholst Livingston assumed his seat on the nation’s highest court on this date. A Democratic-Republican, President Thomas Jefferson nominated him to succeed William Paterson. He served from today’s date until 03-18-1823.
- 1864 Tuesday: During the Civil War, troops under the command of Union General William T. Sherman, burn the city of Kingston, Georgia, to the ground. Meanwhile, in Mexico, Austrian Archduke Maximilian becomes its emperor.
- 1871 Wednesday: Journalist-explorer Henry M. Stanley found Scottish missionary David Livingstone, who no one had heard from for years, living near Lake Tanganyika in Central Africa.
- 1879 Saturday: Western Union and the National Bell Telephone Company reached a settlement over telephone patents.
- 1908 Monday: The first Gideon’s Bible is placed into an American hotel room.
- 1917 Friday: The police arrested 41 suffragists in front of the White House.
- 1919 Sunday: The American Legion opened its first national convention in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- 1928 Friday: Japanese emperor, Hirohito, was formally enthroned, almost two years after his ascension.
- 1933 Thursday: A black blizzard-snowstorm rages from South Dakota to the Atlantic Ocean.
- 1938 Wednesday: Kate Smith sang Irving Berlin’s “God Bless America” on her CBS radio program. Elsewhere, Turkish political leader Mustafa Kemal Ataturk died in Istanbul at age 57.
- 1941 Sunday: As the Germans were beginning to increase the speed of the final push towards Moscow, STAVKA- the Soviet high command- began making changes in their military dispositions. The Germans were trying to encircle the city and everything hinged on Tula, one of the outlying towns west of the city. Unlike the Axis troops, winter clothing was arriving in abundance for the Russian soldiers as were enormous quantities of military supplies.
- 1942 Monday: Winston Churchill delivered a speech in London in which, he said, “I have not become the King’s First Minister to preside over the liquidation of the British Empire.” Meanwhile, American-British troops occupy the city of Oran, Algeria, in French North Africa. Elsewhere, in the rubble of Stalingrad, German General Friedrich Paulus final offensive kicks off at 3:30 a.m. as the German combat engineers hit their targets- the Chemist’s Shop and the Red House. The first objective fell quickly, the second one became more protracted and would continue until the Soviet’s Operation Uranus began nine days later.
- 1944 Thursday: During World War II, in occupied Holland in Rotterdam, riots break out as the Nazis begin sending 52,000 men to work in the German war industry. Meanwhile, the ammunition ship USS Mount Hood (AE-11) exploded while moored at the Manus Naval Base in the Admiralty Islands in the South Pacific leaving 45 confirmed dead and 327 missing and presumed dead.
- 1945 Friday: American troops liberate the Buchenwald Concentration Camp in Germany. Many of the concentration camp guards who lacked the common sense to flee ahead of the advancing Americans got shot dead by them once they witnessed the horrors of this evil place.
- 1947 Sunday: Greg Lake, future bassist/vocalist with King Crimson[i] and with Emerson, Lake & Palmer is born in England on this date as is Glenn Buxton, guitars/vocals 1969-1974, with Alice Cooper[ii], in the USA.
- 1950 Thursday: Spanish dictator Francisco Franco ends ‘war’ with Great Britain over Gibraltar. Meanwhile, in the USA, Ronnie Hammond—longtime vocalist with the Atlanta Rhythm Section[iii], 1972-1983 / 1988-2001, is born.
- 1951 Friday: Customer-dialed long-distance telephone service began as Mayor M. Leslie Denning of Englewood, New Jersey, called Alameda, California, Mayor Frank Osborne without operator assistance.
- 1954 Tuesday: President Dwight D. Eisenhower dedicated the United States Marine Corps Memorial–depicting the raising of the American flag on Iwo Jima in 1945– in Arlington, Virginia.
- 1960 Wednesday: The U.S. Senate passes a landmark civil rights bill.
- 1961 Thursday: Simon & Schuster first published the satirical war novel, “Catch-22” by Joseph Heller on this date.
- 1969 Monday: The children’s educational program, “Sesame Street,” made its debut on National Educational Television (later PBS).
- 1970 Tuesday: Communist China opened the Great Wall to tourism.
- 1972 Friday: Three armed men hijacked Southern Airways Flight 49, a DC-9 with 24 other passengers onboard during a stopover in Birmingham, Alabama, and demanded $10 million in ransom. The 30-hour ordeal, which involved stops in nine other U.S. cities and Toronto, finally ended with a second landing in Cuba, where the hijackers were taken into custody by Cuban authorities.
- 1975 Monday: The ore-hauling ship SS Edmund Fitzgerald and its crew of 29 mysteriously sank during a storm in Lake Superior with the loss of all on board her. Meanwhile, the United Nations passes a resolution that equates ‘Zionism with racism.”
- 1978 Friday: In round seven of their heavyweight-boxing match, Larry Holmes knocks out Alfredo Evangelista to win the title.
- 1982 Wednesday: Three days before its dedication, the newly finished Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C. welcomed its first visitors. Elsewhere, Soviet leader, Leonid I. Brezhnev died at age 75.
- 1984 Saturday: The U.S. Postal Service issued a commemorative stamp of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
- 1989 Friday: The Germans begin demolishing the Berlin Wall.
- 1990 Saturday: The movie comedy, “Home Alone,” starring Macaulay Culkin, premiered in Chicago.
- 1991 Sunday: The Cleveland Browns set the record for the largest lead blown—23-0—losing to the Philadelphia Eagles 32-30. The Browns’ quarterback, Bernie Kosar ends his NFL record of 308 straight passes by throwing an interception.
- 1997 Monday: Artist Peter Max pleads guilty to income tax fraud and time served. Meanwhile, a judge in Cambridge, Massachusetts, reduced Louise Woodward’s murder conviction to involuntary manslaughter and sentenced the English au pair to 279 days she had already served in the death of 8-month-old Matthew Eappen.
- 2008 Monday: President George W. Bush and his wife, Laura, welcomed Barack Hussein and Michelle Obama to the White House for a nearly two-hour visit; the president and president-elect conferred in the Oval Office, while the current and future first ladies talked in the White House residence.
- 2009 Tuesday: John Allen Muhammad, mastermind of the 2002 sniper attacks that killed 10 in the Washington, D.C. region underwent execution on this date.
- 2010 Wednesday: In Indonesia, President Barack Hussein Obama addresses U.S.-Muslim ties. Of course, the United States could do better. Sure thing, there Barack. Meanwhile, U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates announces the U.S. could remain in Iraq beyond 2011.
- 2011 Thursday: In Quebec, 200,000 Canadian college and university students boycott classes to protest a massive raise in tuition fees. Meanwhile climate change activists rejoice that President Barack Hussein Obama rejected the Keystone XL pipeline. Elsewhere, Human Rights Watch accuses the government of Bashar al-Assad of rampant human rights abuses and crimes against humanity.
- 2012 Saturday: With the finalization of Florida’s votes, Barack Obama wins reelection by gaining enough Electoral College votes to clinch it. Elsewhere, in Sri Lanka, a prison uprising leaves at least 27 people dead and countless more injured.
- 2013 Sunday: As Typhoon Haiyan heads towards Vietnam, the communist government there evacuates 600,000 people away from the coastline. Elsewhere, U.S. Secretary of State John F. “Lurch” Kerry says, “significant progress is being made in talks with the terrorist nation of Iran.” When they say this means NOTHING is occurring that is any good. Nuke Iran NOW! Meanwhile, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu calls the deal ‘no good’ and Iran ‘bad.’
- 2014 Monday: After two years of heightened tension between Japan and communist China[iv] over some islands in the East China Sea, the two leaders of both countries—Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and communist China’s President Xi Linping—shake hands during the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Summit. Elsewhere, President Barack Hussein Obama continues selling the United States out by endorsing strict Net Neutrality Protections for an Open Internet which meant he was giving up U.S. control of the Net.
- 2015 Tuesday: In Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the fourth Republican presidential primary debate occurs, sponsored by the Wall Street Journal. The participants were Governor John Kasich, Governor Jeb Bush, Senator Marco Rubio, businessman Donald J. Trump, Dr. Ben Carson, Senator Rand Paul, Senator Ted Cruz, and businesswoman Carly Fiorina. As usual, Trump came out towards the top even though the crowd at times booed him but it also applauded him.
- 2016 Thursday: Astroturf protests against the election of Donald J. Trump continue for the second day. Democrats want everyone to think they sprang up from the grassroots level when everyone knows they are bought and paid for by scumbags (allegedly but our sources say so) George Soros and other leftwing POS. Elsewhere, House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisconsin, says he’s ‘excited to work with President Trump.’ Yeah, right, Paul. Lying prick.
- 2017 Friday: Facing allegations of sexual misconduct, comedian Louis C.K. said the harassment claims made by five women that the New York Times detailed in a report “are true,” and he expressed remorse for using his influence “irresponsibly.”
- 2018 Saturday: Authorities in Northern California said 14 additional bodies had been discovered in the ruins from a fire that virtually destroyed the entire town of Paradise. Democrats continue blaming PG&E for the out-of-control wildfires when in fact they are guilty of causing them by (1) having destroyed California’s timber industry, (2) placing expensive and insane restrictions on PG&E when it comes to clearcutting fire-prone areas around their transmission lines and (3) being in bed with the environmentalists who fund their campaigns and then call the shots. Time for Californians to reclaim California.
- 2019 Sunday: As Iran continues imploding atop its citizens, President Hassan Rouhani announces the discovery of a new oilfield with an estimated 53 million barrels that will put the nation back in the dough that U.S. President Donald J. Trump seemingly wants to keep from them. We suspect the story is embellished by a criminal regime. Meanwhile, in neighboring Iraq, Iraqi human rights defenders report that since October 1 when violence broke out across the country, at least 319 slain and more than 15,000 injured. What the heck is going on there?
- 2020 Tuesday: Here we are, Election Day PLUS EIGHT- what are the Chi-Coms and their Democratic allies up to? Stick around and we will discover their depredations together…more Chi-Vi? Well, the House and Senate have returned to negotiating a COVID-19 relief bill. Paying for it will be part of “Pro-China Joe” Biden’s promised tax increase of $4 trillion. Meanwhile, Michelle Obama calls for ‘national unity’ then lambastes Trump supporters for being ‘pro-life,’ ‘pro-hate,’ ‘pro-chaos,’ and ‘pro-division.’ That’s an excellent way to achieve national unity there, Madam “I hate America with all my heart.” Speaking of “Pro-China Joe” Biden, his campaign threatens to sue the GSA over them not accepting the ‘results’ of the 2020 Presidential Election and thus giving their so-called ‘transition team’ the required space for them to set up offices and to get the charade underway. Elsewhere, Ben Rhodes, former Obama boy, says that ‘President- “President-Elect Joseph R. Biden (“Pro-China Joe” to you)- is already conversing with world leaders.’ This is a clear violation of the Logan Act and the communist-loving POS should face charges. Finally, “Pro-China Joe” Biden says he will rejoin the highly corrupt World Health Organization on Day One.
- 2020 Tuesday A: As the ongoing attempt to steal the 2020 Presidential Election (as well as other elections) continues, Mark Steyn says on the Rush Limbaugh Show that Alaska is going to ‘resume counting’ votes in the presidential race after going dormant for nearly a week. President Donald J. Trump has a humongous lead in the 49th state so the Democrats have had to go out and beat the tundra searching for additional votes to overturn the votes of the reliably red state. This is criminal. Elsewhere, has-been actor and anti-Trumper actor Robert De Niro says he’s confounded by Trump supporters who support (Adolf) Hitler’s playbook.’ WTF is wrong with you, Bobby? Meanwhile, fired FBI hack Andy McCabe testifies before the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee (from his home) about Crossfire Hurricane. IF we were McCabe, we’d tell Chairman Lindsey Graham ‘to go f**k himself,’ and adding ‘in a month, maybe two, I will be back at the FBI and will be investigating YOU.’ We believe that is where we seem to be heading… Finally, we learn that MSNBC talking head Jon Meacham has been writing most of “Pro-China Joe” Biden’s speeches all the while commenting on ‘how good they are’ up until someone exposed him as the ghost writer. What a loser, what a POS.
- 2020 Tuesday B: On the world stage, Italy threatens its populations with the return of draconian Chinese Virus restrictions claiming things are getting out of control in that country. Meanwhile, 160 human rights organizations are hitting the International Olympic Committee- aka the IOC- with demands for a boycott of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics over how they mistreat the Uighur Muslim population in particular and rampant human rights abuses in general. Doubt anything is going to change. Beijing will have the pleasure of holding the Olympics as a totalitarian society just as did Nazi Germany in 1936, when they held the summer games. Elsewhere, the United States imposes additional sanctions on the regime of Bashar al-Assad, the dictator of Syria, for waging war on his own people.
- 2020 Tuesday C: Ratings at Fox News Channel are tanking what with even Tucker Carlson’s and Sean Hannity’s shows down by two million viewers the previous night. Judge Janine Pirro is still being punished so we hope she will tell FNC to go ‘f**k themselves’ and head over to Newsmax. They must build up their lineup of weekend shows. Most of us who write for the American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day- aka the AICPENDBLOG.COM- have sworn an oath to not watch a single show on that network. FNC wants to brown-nose ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, and others like them, then good, you made your beds, go lie in them but no one will ever watch Neil Cavuto, Chris Wallace, or any of the other shows. World to FOX News: GO screw yourselves.
- 2020 Tuesday D: Tonight’s Mega-Millions Draw #1606 with a $152 million jackpot on the line- here are the numbers: 23, 45, 53, 58, 62, and Mega 13. The highest winner was one person who had FIVE numbers but NO Mega for a prize of $1,118,426.
- 2020 Tuesday E: Here are today’s Chi-Com Horseshoe Bat Flu Statistics for the globe: 51,292,597 confirmed cases, UP by 540,243 cases, 1,269,199 confirmed deaths, UP by 7,893 deaths, and 33,400,848 confirmed recoveries, UP by 250,732 recoveries. Here are the numbers for the United States: 10,311,361 confirmed cases, UP by 136,952 new cases, 242,936 confirmed deaths, UP by 1,328 new deaths, and 5,804,648 confirmed recoveries, UP by 35,424 new recoveries.
- 2020 Tuesday F: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day employs chef-authors, California, Hawaii, and Washington, here are the stats, Golden State first: 989,389 confirmed cases, 18,044 confirmed deaths, but as is the norm, NO mention of confirmed recoveries. Next, here are the stats for the Aloha State: 16,124 confirmed cases, 222 confirmed deaths, and today, NO mention of confirmed recoveries- that’s unusual. Finally, in the Ever Red, uh, we mean, the Evergreen State, here are the stats: 124,802 confirmed cases, 2,577 confirmed deaths, but like California, the thuggish governor, Jay Inslee, won’t share the number of confirmed recoveries. Shame on these flipping Democrats. Let’s take a look at one more state, Michigan: 245,252 confirmed number of cases, 8,094 confirmed number of deaths, but no mention of confirmed number of recoveries- that’s Governor Gretchen Whitmer for you. Let us look at Israel’s numbers now that Mo and his wife are relocating there. Here they are: 320,661 confirmed cases, 2,684 confirmed deaths, and 309,767 confirmed recoveries.
- 2020 Tuesday G: Here are today’s Stock Market closes: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 29,420.92, UP 262.95 points (+0.90%). Next, the NASDAQ: 11,553.86, DOWN 159.93 points (-1.37%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 3,545.53, DOWN 4.97 points (-0.14%). The price of GOLD is $1,877.70 per troy oz., +1.30 (+0.07%) while the price of SILVER is $24.32 per troy ounce, -0.147 (-0.60%). The price of PLATINUM is $885.90 per troy oz, -6.80 (-0.76%) while the price of COPPER is $3.15 per pound, -0.0025 (-0.08%). The price of PALLADIUM is $2,470.50 per troy oz., +6.50 (+0.26%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $41.56 per barrel, +0.20 (+0.48%). Today, COCOA is $2,391.00 per metric ton, +0.24 (+1.44). As for currency, one U.S. dollar = 6.61 communist Chinese yuan. By contrast, one U.S. dollar = 0.85 euros. Communist China manipulates its currency, a known fact which is why the world must disengage with them and bring our supply chain home- ASAP.
- 2020 Tuesday H: Newsmax has declared North Carolina for President Donald J. Trump and with Real Clear Politics pulling of Pennsylvania from Biden’s win column yesterday, things are not looking quite as good for the senile former vice president as they did yesterday. Meanwhile, at the U.S. Supreme Court, conservative justices indicate they will uphold parts or all of Obamacare. We have heard both Chief Justice John Roberts and Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh support upholding the law. What a disappointment.
- 2020 Tuesday I: Following the firing of U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper the previous day, three other Leftist hacks in the Pentagon also submitted their resignations. Acting Under Secretary for Defense Policy Dr. James Anderson, Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security Mr. Joseph Kernan, and Chief of Staff to the Secretary of Defense Jen Stewart submitted their letters of resignation to Acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller. Taking over the position formerly held by Mr. Kernan is retired U.S. Army General Anthony Tata, someone the leftists hate due to comments about Islam while Barack Hussein Obama was president. Wah, wah, wah.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0278 a 12” x 16” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “I’d Rather Talk to the Duck.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
On June 13, 1982, Foreigner released their first ‘best of’ package, the jumbo seller “Records” that contained 10 tunes culled from the group’s output through 1981. They cranked out one big hit after another so compiling them in one place was the thing to do and this album sold millions of copies. We hope you will investigate it to see if it’s to your liking which we guarantee you will, especially if you enjoy classic rock music over the modern-day garbage that makes you want to rush into the crapper and begin puking your guts. Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous, seek it out, give it a listen and buy it- the prices are very reasonable…
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 11-10-2020, all rights reserved. Word Count: 2,010.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, The Soviet Union, Leonid Brezhnev, Greg Lake, King Crimson, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Glenn Buxton, Alice Cooper, Ronnie Hammond, The Atlanta Rhythm Section, Larry Holmes vs. Alfredo Evangelista, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Henry Brockholst Livingston, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Samuel Nelson, Stalingrad, Battle of Moscow, Foreigner, Murph MacDougal,
TODAY IN HISTORY, TUESDAY NOVEMBER 10, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Tuesday, November 10, 2020:
[i] We presented the music of this British prog-rock band, the amazing King Crimson, beginning on Monday, 20-October-2014 through Sunday, 21-December-2014. We hope you will check them out and add them to your collection.
[ii] [ii] We hope to offer the music of Alice Cooper, both the band and the individual sometime in 2025-2026. Please stay tuned.
[iii] The Atlanta Rhythm Section is another awesome American band, one we sure as heck hope to promote when and if we return to doing music again.
[iv] So that people understand their history, the People’s Republic of China is the PHONY China, the government of Taiwan, aka the Republic of China, aka Nationalist China- is the legitimate ruler of ALL of China, the mainland, the islands, you name it, they own it. They are free people whereas the mainland is a fascist-totalitarian state the represses human freedoms and imprisons millions of others. FREE Tibet! FREE Hong Kong! FREE Macau! FREE Taiwan! FREE Mainland China! FREE Uighur Muslims! Return to Two-China Policy, recognize Taiwan as the legitimate China. Period.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR