TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
310. TODAY IN HISTORY—THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 05, 2020:
Return Day (Delaware)
U.S. Secretary of War Alphonso Taft; U.S. Socialist bigwig Eugene V. Debs; the Byrds featuring Gram Parsons, the Guess Who featuring Donnie McDougall, and Simon and Garfunkel featuring Art Garfunkel:
- 1492 Tuesday: The Native Americans teach Christopher Columbus and his shipmates about maize or corn on this date.
- 1605 Wednesday: The “Gunpowder Plot” failed as the authorities seized Guy Fawkes before he could blow up the English Parliament. (For your information, anarchist groups such as Anonymous, along with other anti-government groups use masks bearing Fawkes’ resemblance as a method of alerting likeminded groups to their presence and out of respect for the first anarchist).
- 1630 Saturday: England and Spain sign a peace treaty ending hostilities between the two nations.
- 1781 Saturday: The Continental Congress elected John Hanson of Maryland its chairperson giving him the title of “President of the United States in Congress Assembled.”
- 1789 Tuesday: The French National Committee declares ‘all citizens to be equal.’
- 1810 Sunday: In Townsend, Vermont, future 31st U.S. Secretary of War Alphonso Taft is born. A Republican, he would serve under President Ulysses S. Grant from 03-08-1876 to 05-22-1876. He then would become the 34th U.S. Attorney-General, and then minister to Austro-Hungary before finally becoming minister to Russia.
- 1844 Monday: Eye surgeons at the Zoological Garden in California performed a successful cataract surgery on a grizzly bear.
- 1854 Saturday: During the Crimean War, a combined troop force of French and British troops defeats a 50,000-man Russian army decisively.
- 1855 Sunday: In Terre Haute, Indiana, future founding member of the Industrial Workers of the World and five-time presidential nominee of the Socialist Party of the USA, Eugene V. Debs, is born. Bernie Sanders would like to think he is a BIG SOCIALIST but compared to Mr. Debs, Senator Sanders is little more than a stinking POS.
- 1872 Monday: Suffragist Susan B. Anthony defied the law by attempting to cast a vote for President Ulysses S. Grant. A court later convicted her of the crime and fined her $100; however, she never paid it. Meanwhile, President Ulysses S. Grant wins his reelection bid.
- 1895 Monday: King Edward VII says, “We are all socialists nowadays.” Elsewhere, George B. Selden received the first U.S. patent for an automobile, the rights of which, he sold four years later for $200,000.
- 1911 Sunday: Aviator Calbraith P. Rodgers arrived in Pasadena, California, completing the first continental airplane trip in 49 days. Meanwhile, Italy attacks Turkish-controlled Libya on the northern coast of Africa, capturing Tripoli and Cyrenaica.
- 1912 Tuesday: Democrat Woodrow Wilson won the presidential election by defeating Progressive Party member Theodore Roosevelt, incumbent William Howard Taft, and Socialist Eugene V. Debs.
- 1917 Monday: A decision by the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) decides in the case of Buchanan v. Worley that a local Louisville, Kentucky ordinance requiring that blacks live separately from whites is ‘unconstitutional.’
- 1925 Thursday: Italian Fascist dictator Benito Mussolini—IL Duce—decrees that all socialist parties within Italy no longer exist.
- 1932 Saturday: Fascist dictator Benito Mussolini pardons 16,000 Italian criminals.
- 1935 Tuesday: Parker Brothers Company introduced the board game, “Monopoly” on this date.
- 1940 Tuesday: Democrat President Franklin Delano Roosevelt wins an unprecedented third term by beating Republican challenger Wendell Willkie.
- 1941 Wednesday: American showman George M. Cohan died in New York at age 64.
- 1942 Thursday: On the Eastern Front in Stalingrad, General Friedrich Paulus once again is trying to ignite his offensive to seize the city before the winter sets in. In Berlin, Adolf Hitler is planning to send several battalions of specialist engineers to aid him in the conquest. As for the Soviets, they continue clinging to their positions while across the Volga River, the Russians continue building up their coming counteroffensive, Operation Uranus. In New York City, future member of the duo, Simon, and Garfunkel[i], Art Garfunkel, is born on this date.
- 1944 Sunday: In Cairo, Egypt, the Zionist Stern gang assassinated British official, Lord Moyne, in their drive to establish an independent Jewish homeland.
- 1946 Tuesday: Gram Parsons, future member of the Byrds[ii] and the Flying Burrito Brothers[iii] as well as a solo career was born on this date. Meanwhile, John F. Kennedy, Democrat-Massachusetts, wins election to the U.S. House of Representatives.
- 1948 Friday: Donnie McDougall, future rhythm guitarist with the Canadian rock band, the Guess Who[iv] (1970-1974), was born in Canada on this date.
- 1955 Saturday: The Vienna State Opera House in Austria officially opened on this date.
- 1956 Monday: British and French troops began landing in Egypt during the Suez Canal Crisis; however, all parties declared a cease-fire two days later.
- 1959 Thursday: Organizers formed the American Football League on this date.
- 1963 Tuesday: Archaeologists found the remains of a Viking settlement at L’Anse aux Meadows, Newfoundland.
- 1967 Monday: In Moscow, the Ostankino Tower opened, which for the next nine years, held the title of tallest free-standing structure on the planet.
- 1968 Tuesday: Richard M. Nixon won the presidency defeating Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey and American Independent candidate George C. Wallace.
- 1971 Friday: The Los Angeles Lakers begin a 33-game winning streak.
- 1974 Tuesday: Ella T. Grasso won election as governor of Connecticut, becoming the first woman to win a gubernatorial office without succeeding her husband.
- 1979 Monday: The Ayatollah Khomeini declares the United States to be the “Great Satan,” while his followers attack the British Embassy and the offices of El Al in Tehran.
- 1984 Monday: The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the NFL had exceeded antitrust limits in attempting to stop the Oakland Raiders from moving to Los Angeles, California.
- 1985 Tuesday: Spencer W. Kimball, president of the Church of Latter-Day Saints, died at age 90; Ezra Taft Benson succeeded him.
- 1986 Wednesday: The White House reaffirmed the ban on the sale of weapons to Mullah-ruled Iran—a despotic regime.
- 1987 Thursday: Supreme Court nominee Douglas H. Ginsburg admitted using marijuana several times in the 1960’s and 1970’s, calling it a mistake. He ended up having to withdraw his nomination. Meanwhile in South Africa, the authorities released Goban Mbeki after serving 24 years at the notorious Robben Island prison. The government sentenced him to life imprisonment for treason against the white minority ruling the despotic land.
- 1988 Saturday: In the first NBA game at the Miami Arena, the Miami Heat loses to the Los Angeles Clippers 111-91.
- 1990 Monday: Following a speech at a hotel in New York City, an Egyptian assassin, El Sayyid, assassinated Rabbi Meir Kahane—founder of the Kach movement—as he left the hotel. The jihadist thug received a sentence of life in prison following his participation in the first World Trade Center bombing.
- 1992 Thursday: During a traffic stop in Detroit, Michigan, two police officers—later convicted of murder and sent to prison—beat black motorist, Malice Green, to death, outside a suspected crack house. Officer Larry Nevers struck Green in the head with his flashlight 14 times. Nevers and his partner, Officer Walter Budzyn were originally found guilty of second-degree murder but their convictions were overturned and were then found guilty of manslaughter.
- 1994 Saturday: The U.S. spacecraft Ulysses completes its first passage behind the Sun. Elsewhere, former President Ronald Reagan announced that he had Alzheimer’s disease. Finally, George Foreman—at age 45—became boxing’s oldest heavyweight champion when he knocked out Michael Moorer in the 10th round of their WBA fight in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- 1998 Thursday: Scientists published a genetic study that showed convincing evidence that Thomas Jefferson fathered at least one child—Eston Hemings—with his slave, Sally Hemings. Meanwhile, the United Nations announced that Taliban trash had killed up to 5,000 civilians in a takeover of an Afghan town.
- 2003 Wednesday: President George W. Bush signed a bill outlawing the procedure known by its critics as “partial-birth abortion”; less than an hour later, a federal judge in Nebraska issued a temporary restraining order against the ban. However, the U.S. Supreme Court in 2007 upheld the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act yet the Democrats still carry the evil things out to this day and now celebrate post-birth abortions in some states. Burn in hell.
- 2006 Sunday: A court in Iraq sentences former Baathist dictator, Saddam Hussein, to death by hanging.
- 2009 Thursday: At Fort Hood, near Killeen, Texas, Major Nadal Malik Hasan killed 13 people and wounded 30 others as he screamed, “Allahu Akbar” at the top of his lungs. The Obama administration called it a bad case of ‘workplace violence’ when in fact, it was a homegrown jihadi attack. Hasan remains in prison.
- 2010 Friday: Prior to a visit to their country by Pope Benedict XVI, thousands turn out to protest the Papal visit.
- 2012 Monday: GOP presidential candidate Gov. Mitt Romney says that ‘Obama has failed to deliver on his promise of change’ while President Barack Obama says ‘you’ve seen me fight’ for change as Election Day looms tomorrow. Pundits say the race will be won or lost in the battleground states. Amen. Elsewhere, in Syria, dozens are killed as violence reignites in the war-ravaged country.
- 2013 Tuesday: India’s Space Research Organization launches the PSLV-XL rocket carrying the Mars Orbiter Mission probe; its destination is Mars.
- 2014 Wednesday: The NFL continues to be dogged by off-field headlines in which various players are misbehaving, beating up girlfriends, getting arrested to substance abuse, and the like. Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Petersen is in trouble for whooping one of his kids to the point that he had noticeable bruises. Say it ain’t so.
- 2015 Thursday: New York Attorney-General Eric Schneiderman issues a subpoena to Exxon Mobil to see the oil giant’s financial records and accuses them of lying about the danger ‘fossil fuels pose to the climate crisis.’ What a load of crap. Meanwhile, an Obama administration refugee program designed to help illegal aliens kids enter the U.S. easier fails to admit a single child in 10 months. Liberal, illegal alien-loving Democrats are shocked.
- 2016 Saturday: News reports arise that show that iHHillary Rodham Clinton- as U.S. secretary of state- routinely had her maid print out classified materials. Some say Marina Santos- Hillary’s Washington, D.C. maid- may hold the key to Mrs. Clinton’s missing emails. Meanwhile, candidate Donald Trump says that massive early voting lines are proof of a ‘rigged system.’ Elsewhere, ISIS tells the citizens of Mosul, Iraq, that anyone caught trying to escape the doomed city will be executed.
- 2017 Sunday: A gunman armed with an assault rifle (all weapons are ‘assault weapons”) opened fire in a small South Texas church, killing more than two dozen worshippers; police later found the shooter, Devin Patrick Kelley, dead in his vehicle. Two good guys with guns chased the POS murdering thug down and lit him up, having heard the massacre going on at their church. The authorities, however, determined that the punk took his own life.
- 2018 Monday: On the eve of the Mid-Term Elections tomorrow, President Donald J. Trump launches into Democrats and illegal aliens. Democrats call his comments ‘cruel’ and ‘mean’ but he blasts MS-13 and the caravans swamping the southern border. He’s trying to build a wall that will prohibit the never-ending flow of illegals that has been ongoing since George W. Bush and Barack Hussein Obama were president.
- 2019 Tuesday: A federal appeals court rejects President Donald J. Trump’s efforts to combat New York State’s ongoing attempts to get ahold of his tax returns. New York wants them because Trump’s former lawyer- the disgraced Michael Cohen- claims Trump used him to funnel ‘hush money’ to porn stars and hookers.
- 2020 Thursday: Election Day plus Two- what are the Chi-Coms, their Democratic Party patsies, and their Brown-Shirted storm-trooper thugs up to today? Well, the Democrats at the behest of their masters in Beijing are out there trying to steal elections in North Carolina, Nevada, Arizona, Wisconsin, and Michigan- among other states- so it is up to the American people to make sure the Democrats understand that if they get away with this blatant outright theft before our very eyes, there is going to be payback and it’s not going to be pretty. RINO Republicans, take note: IF the Democrats can “Norm Coleman” President Donald J. Trump, they can “Norm Coleman” you, too. The time to fight is now. The time to take to the streets and show the Democrats that they will face civil unrest heretofore unseen by them and if necessary, to carry out acts of civil disobedience. If Antifa and Black Lives Matter can do it, so can we.
- 2020 Thursday A: Folks, here are the numbers for the Xi Jinping Yellow Fever, Chi-Com Virus, the Wuhan Horseshoe Bat Flu- Pelosi Pox: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 48,261,898 confirmed cases, +519,586, 1,227,666, confirmed deaths, +7,719, and 32,009,347 confirmed recoveries, +276,175. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 9,651,945 confirmed cases, UP 124,617 from yesterday’s reporting, 237,958 confirmed deaths, UP 1,237, and 5,660,788 confirmed recoveries, UP 24,257. Here are the stats for Israel now that Mo is living there: 317,668 confirmed cases, 2,638 confirmed deaths, and 305,263 confirmed recoveries.
- 2020 Thursday B: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous, anti-communist American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 956,586 confirmed cases, 17,824 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 15,591 confirmed cases, 219 confirmed deaths, and 11,958 confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 117,202 confirmed cases, 2,527 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other state: Georgia- currently, they have 382,113 confirmed cases, 8,578 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries- thank you, Governor Brian Kemp- why are you concealing the numbers?
- 2020 Thursday C: We had a up-and-down day in the markets today. Here are the stats for today’s Stock Market closes: first the DOW Jones Industrial Average, 28,390.18, UP 542.52 points (+1.95%). Next, here are the stats for the NASDAQ: 11,890.93, UP 300.15 points (+2.59%). Finally, here are the numbers for the S&P 500: 3,510.45, UP 67.01 points (+1.95%). Price of GOLD: $1,951.10 per troy oz., +4.30 (+0.22%) Here is the price of SILVER: $25.46 per troy oz., +0.274 (+1.09%). Price of PLATINUM: $900.10 per troy oz., +0.20 (+0.02%). Price of PALLADIUM: $2,383.60 per troy oz., +76.00 (+3.29%). Here is the price of COPPER: $3.11 per #, +0.0025 (+0.08%). Price of Light Sweet Crude Oil per barrel: $38.51, -0.28 (-0.72%). Today, one-dollar U.S. = 6.60 PRC yuan whereas one U.S. greenback = 0.85 euros. Conversely, one-dollar U.S. = 28.51 Taiwanese dollars.
- 2020 Thursday D: Tonight’s Thursday Night Football game is between the (1) Green Bay Packers, 34 (6-2) @ the San Francisco 49ers, 17 (4-5). The 49ers are favored to win- we say, “Packers”- we were right.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0273 an 8” x 10” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Sundown Mountain.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Jeff Lynne’s Electric Light Orchestra released their next studio album, “From Out of Nowhere” on November 01, 2019. Jeff Lynne performs most of the instruments with Richard Tandy adding additional flavor. Critics reviewed the album favorably and fans were excited that the group was back in some semblance of being. Say what you will, bands that began back in the late 1960s or early 1970s and then broke up and reformed are never as exciting as they were in their heyday but hey! Lifelong fans tend to revel when ANY newer music appears which is why we encourage everyone to visit Amazon.com or whomever else you do for the absolute best in rock music. Remember this one simple maxim: anything from the bands of the 1960s or 1970s beats any of this anemic he-she crap modern-day bands foist on us. Period.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 11-05-2020, all rights reserved. Word Count: 2,032.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, Gram Parsons, the Byrds, The Flying Burrito Brothers, Donnie McDougall, The Guess Who, Simon and Garfunkel, Art Garfunkel, U.S. Attorney General Alphonso Taft, U.S. Secretary of War Alphonso Taft, Stalingrad, Electric Light Orchestra,
TODAY IN HISTORY, THURSDAY NOVEMBER 05, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Thursday, November 05, 2020:
[i] Not clear as to when we will promote the music of Simon and Garfunkel, as well as their solo catalogs, but most likely will do Bob Dylan and Gordon Lightfoot and maybe even Bonnie Raitt around the same time. Stay tuned.
[ii] We offered the music of the Byrds beginning on Monday, 16-January-2012 and concluded the presentation on Friday, 17-February-2012.
[iii] We began offering the music of the famed Flying Burrito Brothers on Sunday, 23-February-2014 through Thursday, 06-March-2014. Please seek them out. We thank you.
[iv] On Wednesday, 14-June-2017, we began presenting the music of the Guess Who and of its individual members- including Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Randy Bachman, Burton Cummings, and Bravebelt.. The entire discography ran from the above date through Sunday, 01-October-2017. We hope you will check them out.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR