TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
305. TODAY IN HISTORY—SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2020:
U.S. Secretary of State Edward Stettinius Jr; Chef Elvin C. McCardle, Argent featuring Russ Ballard, “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen, Supertramp featuring Bob Seibenberg, and U 2 featuring Larry Mullen Jr.:
- 834 Sunday: The first All-Hallows Eve (Halloween) is observed to honor the saints.
- 1517 Sunday: Martin Luther posted his 95 Theses on the door of the Wittenberg Palace Church starting the Protestant Reformation in Germany.
- 1795 Thursday: English poet John Keats was born in London.
- 1846 Friday: The Donner Party, trapped in the Sierra Nevada Mountains trying to get into California during a blizzard, makes a winter camp.
- 1860 Tuesday: Juliette Low, future founder of the Girl Scouts, was born on this date.
- 1864 Sunday: Nevada became the 36th state of the Union as President Abraham Lincoln signed a proclamation. To achieve statehood, Nevada had sent its draft constitution to Washington, where it was misplaced; to get the proclamation signed before Election Day, James Nye, the territorial governor sent another copy by telegraph at a cost of $3,416.77 for 16,543 words; allowing for inflation, today, that would be about $50,000.
- 1868 Friday: Postmaster General Alexander Williams Randall approved a standard uniform for postal carriers.
- 1876 Monday: A tropical cyclone hits Bengal, killing about 200,000 people.
- 1887 Sunday: Nationalist Chinese leader, Chiang Kai-shek was born in Zhejiang Province.
- 1905 Tuesday: A great revolutionary demonstration takes place in St. Petersburg, Russia, demanding amnesty for the recent societal upheavals.
- 1914 Saturday: Great Britain and France declare war on the Ottoman Empire during World War I.
- 1918 Thursday: In the first week of the Spanish Influenza outbreak in the U.S., 20,000 people died.
- 1922 Tuesday: Benito Mussolini becomes the premier of Italy on this date.
- 1926 Sunday: Magician Harry Houdini died in Detroit, Michigan of gangrene and peritonitis resulting from a ruptured appendix. Twelve days earlier while Houdini was giving a lecture in which, he explained that he had strong stomach muscles and could take a hard punch; a student unexpectedly punched him in the gut, which led to the problems that killed him.
- 1939 Tuesday: The Allies sink 27 U-Boats this month for a total tonnage of 135,000 tons. Meanwhile, the British air victory in the Battle of Britain kept the Nazis from invading Great Britain.
- 1940 Thursday: The Allies sink 63 U-Boats this month for a total tonnage of 325,000 tons. Meanwhile, the British air victory in the Battle of Britain prevented the Nazis from launching Operation Sea Lion, the invasion of the British Isles.
- 1941 Friday: The US Navy destroyer Reuben James was torpedoed by a German U-Boat off the coast of Iceland with the loss of some 100 lives even though the United States had not yet entered World War II. Work was completed on Mount Rushmore National Memorial in South Dakota, begun in 1927. Elsewhere, the Allies sink 13 U-boats this month for a total of 62,000 tons while on the Eastern Front, the drive to Moscow by the German army continues to sputter as the few roads leading towards the capital city of the USSR cannot sustain 67 divisions and their supply lines. With snow falling and quickly turning dirt into mud, military vehicles and men struggle to push forward.
- 1942 Saturday: The Allies sink 94 U-boats this month for a total of 619,000 tons. Meanwhile, in North Africa, the Battle of El Alamein enters its ninth day as the Afrika Korps continues to fight back attacks by the British 8th Army and other Commonwealth troops. On the Eastern Front in the frightful battle in Stalingrad, German troops are frantically trying to consolidate their gains and to crush remnants of the Soviet resistance who continue fighting on no matter how horrible conditions on the ground become.
- 1945 Wednesday: AICP-END Blogger and Chef Elvin C. McCardle were born on today’s date in Long Beach, California. Meanwhile, future guitarist/vocalist with the British rock band, Argent[i]—Russ Ballard—is born on this date.
- 1949 Monday: Future drummer with the rock band, Supertramp[ii] (1973-88 / 1996-2002 / 2010-present)–Bob Seibenberg—is born in Glendale, California on this date. Meanwhile, in Greenwich, Connecticut, the former 48th U.S. Secretary of State Edward Stettinius Jr. died. He served under Presidents Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Harry S. Truman from 12-01-1944 to 06-27-1945 and following that stint he became the first U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.
- 1952 Friday: The United States detonated its first hydrogen bomb on this date.
- 1954 Sunday: The Algerian Revolution against France begins on this date.
- 1956 Wednesday: Rear Admiral G.J. Dufek became the first person to land an airplane at the South Pole as well as became the first person to set foot on the site.
- 1959 Saturday: A former U.S. Marine showed up at the U.S. Embassy in Moscow to declare he was renouncing his U.S. citizenship, so he could live in the Soviet Union. The name of the future assassin who relocated to the USSR was Lee Harvey Oswald.
- 1961 Tuesday: The body of Josef Stalin was removed from Lenin’s Tomb as part of the Soviet Union’s “de-Stalinization” drive. Elsewhere, Larry Mullen Jr., future drummer with the Irish rock band, U 2[iii], is born on this date.
- 1964 Saturday: Theodore C. Freeman, 34, became the first member of NASA’s astronaut corps to die when his T-38 jet crashed while approaching Ellington Air Force Base in Houston.
- 1968 Thursday: President Lyndon B. Johnson ordered a halt to all U.S. bombing of North Vietnam, saying he hoped for fruitful peace negotiations.
- 1969 Friday: Wal-Mart Discount City stores incorporated as Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- 1975 Friday: EMI Records released “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen[iv] which put them on the map.
- 1980 Friday: Senegal routes troops to Gambia to counter Libyan threat.
- 1984 Wednesday: Two Sikh security guards assassinated Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi near her residence, which led to her son, Rajiv, taking the oath of office as prime minister.
- 1988 Monday: In the first Monday Night Football game in Indianapolis, the Colts beat the Denver Broncos 55-23.
- 1992 Saturday: After 359 years, the Roman Catholic Church reinstates Galileo Galilei.
- 1993 Sunday: Unemployment in Germany hits 3.5 million people due to the reunification.
- 1994 Monday: A Chicago-bound American Eagle ATR-72 crashed in Indiana, killing all 68 people aboard the aircraft.
- 1998 Saturday: A genetic study was released suggesting President Thomas Jefferson did in fact father at least one child by his slave Sally Hemmings.
- 1999 Sunday: Egypt Air Flight 990 crashes off the coast of Nantucket, killing 217 passengers and crew; likely causes were the replacement co-pilot, an Islamist suicide pilot.
- 2001 Wednesday: New York hospital worker Kathy T. Nguyen died of inhalation of anthrax, the fourth person to died in a spreading wave of bioterrorism.
- 2005 Monday: President George W. Bush nominates Judge Samuel Alito to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- 2006 Tuesday: After 35 years as host of “The Price is Right,” Bob Barker retires.
- 2010 Sunday: A substantially large oil field off the coast of Brazil, estimated to contain between 8 and 15 billion barrels, is discovered. Obama’s closure of the oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico sends oilrigs south, most likely never to return. Meanwhile, the Obama administration announces it’s considering sending hunter-killer teams to Yemen to take out terrorists. Elsewhere, Dilma Rousseff becomes the first female head of state in Brazil.
- 2011 Monday: According to the UN Population Division, the world’s population has hit seven billion people.
- 2013 Thursday: The Organization on the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons reports it has completed the inspection of 21 out of 23 chemical weapons sites across Syria, resulting in the destruction of over 1,000 metric tons of toxic agents and munitions. Elsewhere, the former mayor of Trenton, New Jersey, and now Senator Cory Booker enters the U.S. Senate on this date. A backbencher of low IQ, he would attempt to run for the presidency in about five-to-six years, trying to do to the nation what he did to Trenton- drive it into the crapper. Thank God, he would fall way, way, way short.
- 2014 Friday: A day after closing the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, Israeli authorities reopen it but apply restrictions to Muslim men seeking to pray at the site. The reason for the crackdown on the Muslims is that some terrorists murdered Israeli activist Yehuda Glick. Meanwhile, commercial space tourism suffered a setback when a prototype rocket, Virgin Galactic’s SpaceShipTwo blew up during a test flight, scattering debris over the Mojave Desert and killing one pilot while injuring the other.
- 2015 Saturday: In the Sinai Peninsula, a Russian airliner crashes into the desert floor, killing all 221 people aboard the craft. Speculation abounds as to whether this was a terrorist attack to repay the Russian government for helping in the fight to keep Syria afloat while battling ISIS.
- 2016 Monday: Obamacare appears to be on the verge of collapse as increasing problems with the Democratic Party’s attempted takeover of the U.S. healthcare system rise and insurers continue pulling out of the exchanges which means prices are going to go UP. Meanwhile, members of the Clinton campaign go berserk following yesterday’s announcement by corrupt FBI Director James “The Saint” Comey was back on into the 30,000 missing emails, you know, the ones dealing with Chelsea’s wedding (WOOF!) and the former secretary of state’s yoga classes.
- 2017 Tuesday: In New York City, a terrorist POS named Sayfullo Saipov drove a truck into a crowd of pedestrians enjoying a bike path along the Hudson River. He murdered 8 and wounded 11. Once the truck stopped, he jumped out screaming “Allah Akbar!” before a cop shot him in the gut. In Game 6 of the 2017 World Series, the Los Angeles Dodgers recover from a Game 5 loss of 13-12 by beating the Houston Astros to tie the series at three games apiece. Both starters found themselves knocked out of the game, Dodger pitcher Rich Hill leaving after 4-2/3 innings and Astros pitcher Jason Verlander leaving after six.
- 2018 Wednesday: After she spent eight years on the nation’s death row, the Pakistani high court acquits a Christian woman who supposedly blasphemed the Prophet Muhmmad. It took a great deal of public outrage around the world to get the Pakistanis to go easy on her but we believe she had to flee the country lest violent Islamist mobs mete out ‘Islamic justice’ to her.
- 2019 Thursday: In a blow to its prestige, the Democrat-controlled U.S. House of Representatives under the control of senile Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi votes to launch formal impeachment charges against President Donald J. Trump over the phone call he had earlier in the year with new Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in which, he asked him to complete the investigation that “Pro-China Joe” Biden had managed to get squelched investigating his son, Hunter, and Burisma, a corrupt energy money-laundering operation. A year later, these actions would come back to bite the Democrats on their asses. Elsewhere, the remnants of ISIS, on the run around the world, choose a new loser to be their next leader after Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was killed in a U.S. Special Forces strike- Abu Ibrahim al-Hashemi al-Qurashi, another POS not long for this world…
- 2020 Saturday: First, the world has suffered a great loss: actor Sean Connery, 90, died in his sleep after battling a prolonged illness. Queen Elizabeth knighted him in 2000 for his contributions to film industry. Next, the DEA has taken charge of a second Hunter Biden laptop; this cannot be good either for him or for his father’s campaign. Oh, wait! Much of the news media is not covering this explosive topic, labeling it ‘Russian disinformation.’ Gee whiz. Meanwhile, Ivanka Trump raises $13 million for her father’s re-election campaign. President Trump is crisscrossing the nation holding rally after rally after rally while his opponent, “Pro-China Joe” Biden continues trying to avoid doing many public appearance. When he does show up, he sounds like the ‘greatest hits album’ of Democratic Party demagogues, babbling on about LABOR, how if you make under $400 thousand per year, you won’t pay higher taxes (yeah, right) but that corporations sure the heck will’ which is bogus because corporations pass tax increases on to you, the customer.
- 2020 Saturday A: North Carolina Speaker of the House Tim Moore says he fears post-election violence is going to break out across the Tarheel State. He fears all manner of corruption is going to occur as ballots in North Carolina have UP TO NINE DAYS post-election to come in and be counted. What? Meanwhile Baseball legend Bobby Richardson says to Newsmax TV that “Trump has to win.” Also making comments to Newsmax TV is Chris Carr who tells the network that ‘Republicans are voting in person.’ Also to Newsmax TV, Jenna Ellis says post-Election Day, we could see “17 Bush v. Gore-style contested elections” meaning that some states are trying to FIX the elections by making them as big a messes as possible which is not good.
- 2020 Saturday B: Attorney-General Bill Barr informs a friend who informs the news media that he would ‘like to stay on in a second Trump administration.’ Elsewhere, Democratic Party vice-presidential nominee Kamala Harris is the target of more online disinformation (BIG TECH is attempting to erase the fact that she was banging Willie Brown of California’s Assembly to get every political post she has ever achieved in California) that either current Vice President Mike Pence or the 2016 VP nominee for Hillary Clinton, nobody Virginia Senator Tim Kain. Meanwhile, the U.S. State Department announces that the hellhole nation of Iran is targeting various state elections systems in trying to sow confusion, anger, and other disinformation. F**k them. Time to send some neutron bombs in the direction of Tehran.
- 2020 Saturday C: In a recent speech in Iowa, “Pro-China Joe” Biden begins hammering ‘trillionaires’ although no one in the world has yet qualified as one.’ You go, Joe, you go, tax them trillionaires out of existence. Meanwhile, nuns supporting President Trump have become victims of far left Democrats who are doxing them and spreading not only their information online but slanderous lies and bull crap. (Note- to POTUS: when the election is over, beef up the penalties for crimes such as these). Elsewhere, a federal appeals court rules that BOTH Texas voters and election workers do not have to wear masks at polling places.
- 2020 Saturday D: Folks, let us present to you the numbers for the Xi Jinping Bat Flu- Pelosi Pox, communist China’s gift to the world and a boon for Democrats who want to exercise their fascist skills in locking down people’s lives: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 45,866,380 confirmed cases, +594,756, 1,192,684, confirmed deaths, +8,823, and 29,800,442 confirmed recoveries, -783,160 (NUMBER WAS HIGHER YESTERDAY). Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 9,194,616 confirmed cases, UP 69,714 from yesterday’s reporting, 233,716 confirmed deaths, UP 650, and 5,947,293 confirmed recoveries, UP 548,856 (There is some monkeying around with the numbers right now…could it be the Election?) Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 932,646 confirmed cases, 18,447 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 15,145 confirmed cases, 216 confirmed deaths, and 11,682 confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 111,893 confirmed cases, 2,468 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other state: Florida- currently, they have 802,547 confirmed cases, 16,969 confirmed deaths, and no mention of confirmed recoveries- thank you, Governor Ron DeSantis for behaving like your typical Democratic politician- thank you. Let’s look at Israel’s stats now that Mo is living there: 314,367 confirmed cases, 2,523 confirmed deaths, and 201,158 confirmed recoveries (there was some readjustment in the final number).
- 2020 Saturday E: Here are the numbers for the Super Lotto Draw #3504 with a jackpot of $22 million at stake: 04, 07, 16, 21, 34, and Mega 01. The highest winners were two people who had FIVE numbers but no Mega for a prize of $18,300 apiece. Next, here are the numbers for the Powerball Drawing #790 with a jackpot of $127 million at stake: 02, 06, 40, 42, 55, and Power 24. The highest winner was one person who had four numbers plus the Powerball for a prize of $35,670.
- 2020 Saturday F: Friends, Election Day is NEXT Tuesday so please stick around to discover- along with us- what the Chi-Coms and their stooges in the Democratic Party are up to today. Everyone knows that the Dems, the Chi-Coms, the Iranians, Russia, and every other s-hole country in the world is working overtime to take down President Donald J. Trump and to destroy as many Republicans as possible. We cannot permit this to happen. Fight with us by rejoining us here later in the day…
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0268 a 24” x 36” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Evening Heat.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Jeff Lynne’s Electric Light Orchestra released their next album, “Live in Hyde Park” on December 10, 2015. The group did some shows for the BBC and this one was in support of their previous studio album, “Alone in the Universe.” Not having attended the show, we have no clue as to what the length of it was; however, what we do know is that this is a somewhat abbreviated set. I mean, WTF would you not include the tune that made you famous around the world, “Roll Over Beethoven,” as an encore, one you crank out for 8-12 minutes? It makes NO sense. Please, investigate this one to your own fulfillment and then decide if it’s right for you. We thank you.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 10-31-2020, all rights reserved. Word Count: 1,989.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, Chef Elvin C. McCardle, Argent, Russ Ballard, Larry Mullen Jr., U 2, Supertramp, Bob Seibenberg, “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen, U.S. Secretary of State Edward Stettinius Jr., Battle of El Alamein, Stalingrad, Battle of Britain, Battle for Moscow, Electric Light Orchestra,
TODAY IN HISTORY, SATURDAY OCTOBER 31, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Saturday, October 31, 2020:
[i] We promoted the music of the Zombies, Argent, Rod Argent, and Colin Blunstone beginning on Monday, 28-October-2019 through Sunday, 05-January-2020. Please, check them out.
[ii] We are not sure when we will present the music of Supertramp but we hope to do it within the next year or so. You will not want to miss this group, that we can tell you.
[iii] We look forward to promoting the music of Thin Lizzy when we promote the music of U2, sometime within the next 4-5 years. We hope you will be with us when we do.
[iv] We began promoting the music of Queen- as well as its individual members (Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor, and John Deacon)- on Monday, 14-January-2019 through Monday, 01-April-2019. We hope you will seek them out and consider adding them to your collection.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR