TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY CONEY BARRETT, THE NATION’S NEWEST SUPREME COURT ASSOCIATE JUSTICE!
TODAY IN HISTORY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
300. TODAY IN HISTORY—MONDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2020:
U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Thomas Johnson; former First Lady, Senator, U.S. Secretary of State, and Democratic Party presidential nominee Hillary Rodham Clinton; the Beatles, and the Rolling Stones:
- 1407 Thursday: Outrage anti-Semitic mobs attack the Jewish population of Krakow, Poland.
- 1492 Saturday: For the first time in human history, people use lead pencils.
- 1524 Thursday: Spanish troops give the city of Milan to the people of France.
- 1662 Monday: England’s King Charles II sells the British continental territory of Dunkirk to the French.
- 1774 Monday: The First Continental Congress adjourns in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 1819 Monday: In Frederick, Maryland, the 7th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Thomas Johnson died. President George Washington nominated Johnson to fill the seat of Associate Justice John Rutledge. Johnson served from 08-06-1792 to 01-16-1793.
- 1825 Tuesday: The Erie Canal opened in upstate New York connecting Lake Erie and the Hudson River. The 363-mile cost the new nation $7.6 million.
- 1854 Wednesday: Charles William Post was born on this date. He would become the inventor who gave the world “Grape Nuts,” “Postum,” and “Post Toasties.”
- 1858 Monday: H.E. Smith patented the rotary-motion washing machine.
- 1861 Friday: The legendary Pony Express officially ceased operations, giving way to the transcontinental telegraph with the last run of the Pony Express taking place the following month.
- 1881 Tuesday: The “Gunfight at the O.K. Corral” took place in Tombstone, Arizona. The fight was between Wyatt Earp, his two brothers and Doc Holiday against the Ike Clanton gang.
- 1905 Thursday: The Union of Sweden and Norway ends on this date.
- 1911 Thursday: “The Queen of Gospel,” singer and civil rights activist Mahalia Jackson, was born in New Orleans.
- 1919 Sunday: The Congress of the United States overrides President Woodrow Wilson’s veto of the Prohibition Enforcement Act.
- 1921 Wednesday: The Chicago Theater, billed as the “Wonder Theater of the World” first opened.
- 1922 Thursday: Under pressure from Benito Mussolini and his Fascist Party, the government of Italy resigns.
- 1941 Sunday: On the Eastern Front, the Siege of Leningrad is well underway while the Germans struggle to maintain momentum on the roads to Moscow. The citizens are building antitank ditches and defenses while the Luftwaffe bombs the cities. The Soviets are calling up their remaining defenses and pulling men out of the factories to go straight to the front.
- 1942 Monday: Japanese planes severely damaged the aircraft carrier, USS Hornet, in the Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands during World War II. The Hornet sank early the next morning with the battle being a tactical victory for the Japanese but a strategic victory for the United States. Meanwhile, in North Africa, on the fourth day of the Battle of El Alamein, Australian troops begin breaking through the Afrika Korps’ lines. Elsewhere, on the Eastern Front in the battle at Stalingrad, the Germans are pushing the Soviet forces clinging to the two major factories and are drawing closer to the Volga River where they hope to halt cross-river traffic.
- 1944 Thursday: The World War II Battle of Leyte Gulf ended in a major Allied victory over Japanese forces, whose naval capabilities were badly crippled.
- 1947 Sunday: Hillary Rodham Clinton is born in Chicago on this date and no, contrary to what she has said about her namesake, her parents did NOT name her after Sir Edmund Hillary, the man who climbed Mt. Everest first. She was first the first lady of the United States, then a senator from New York, then the 67th U.S. secretary of state serving under President Barack Obama from 01-21-2009 to 02-01-2013. Then, in 2016, she beat four other Democrats to become the first female nominated on the top of the ticket for a major U.S. political party. Congratulations.
- 1949 Wednesday: President Harry S. Truman signed a measure raising the federal minimum wage from 40 cents an hour to 75 cents.
- 1950 Thursday: South Korean and UN troops arrive at Chosan on the border with Communist China during the Korean Conflict.
- 1951 Friday: Winston Churchill becomes the prime minister of Great Britain once again. Meanwhile, at Madison Square Garden, Rocky Marciano defeats Joe Louis in their heavyweight championship bout.
- 1958 Sunday: Pan American Airways flew its first Boeing 707 jetliner from New York to Paris in 8 hours and 41 minutes.
- 1962 Friday: Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev sends President John F. Kennedy a note in which, he expresses a willingness to withdraw Soviet missiles from Cuba if the United States would do the same in Turkey. However, Kennedy refuses.
- 1964 Monday: The Rolling Stones[i] appear on the Ed Sullivan show.
- 1965 Tuesday: The Beatles[ii] received MBE medals as members of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire from Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace.
- 1970 Monday: The comic strip by Gary Trudeau, “Doonesbury,” premiered in 28 newspapers across the United States.
- 1972 Thursday: National Security adviser Henry Kissinger declared, “Peace is at hand” in Vietnam.
- 1973 Friday: During their ongoing war, the Israelis reach the Suez Canal, trapping an entire Egyptian army and begin decimating it.
- 1974 Saturday: Five bombs exploded at business sites in midtown Manhattan and Wall Street, injuring no one; the Puerto Rican separatist group FALN claimed responsibility.
- 1975 Sunday: Anwar Sadat becomes the first Egyptian officially president to visit the United States.
- 1977 Wednesday: The experimental space shuttle Enterprise successfully landed at Edwards Air Force Base in Kern County, California.
- 1978 Thursday: For having made peace between their nations, the Nobel Peace Prize for 1978 goes to Egyptian President Anwar Sadat and Israeli leader Menachem Begin.
- 1979 Friday: During a dinner party, the head of the Korean Central Intelligence Agency, Kim Jae-kyu shot to death South Korean President Park Chung-hee along with his chief bodyguard. The state put Jae-kyu to death for the crime later.
- 1980 Sunday: Israeli President Yizhak Navon became the first Israeli head of state to visit Egypt.
- 1981 Monday: In the 78th World Series, the Los Angeles Dodgers beat the New York Yankees four games to two.
- 1982 Tuesday: The medical drama “St. Elsewhere” premiered on NBC-TV.
- 1984 Friday: “Baby Fae,” a newborn with a severe heart defect, received the heart of a baboon in an experimental transplant in Loma Linda, California, and lived with it beating in her chest for 21 days.
- 1990 Friday: Wayne Gretzky became the first NHL player to reach 2,000 points.
- 1991 Saturday: Bill Graham, famed rock-and-roll promoter at the Fillmore’s East, West, and the Winterland, died on this date.
- 1994 Wednesday: Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin of Israel and Prime Minister Abdel Salam Majali of Jordan signed a peace treaty during a ceremony at the Israeli Jordanian border attended by President Bill Clinton.
- 1996 Saturday: After destroying his life, federal prosecutors cleared security guard Richard Jewell as a suspect in the Olympic park bombings in Atlanta.
- 1997 Sunday: In the 93rd World Series, the Florida Marlins beat the Cleveland Indians 4 games to three.
- 2000 Thursday: In the 96th World Series, the New York Yankees beat the New York Mets 4 games to one. They were the first team in more than a quarter century to win three straight World Series championships with their victory over their crosstown rivals in the “Subway Series.” In so doing, the Yankees matched the Oakland Athletics three in a row from 1972-1974 and won their fourth title in five years.
- 2001 Friday: President George W. Bush signed the USA PATRIOT Act, giving authorities unprecedented ability to search, seize, detain, or eavesdrop in the pursuit of possible terrorists.
- 2002 Saturday: A hostage siege by Chechen rebels at a Moscow theater ended with 129 of the 800-plus captives dead, most from a knockout gas used by Russian special forces who stormed the theater; 41 rebels also died.[iii]
- 2006 Thursday: A wildfire in southern California killed five firefighters which investigators later determined to be caused by arson.
- 2013 Saturday: To repair strained relations after news reports cite the U.S. government spied on Chancellor Angela Merkel’s cell phone, President Barack Obama congratulates the Chancellor on the formation of her new cabinet and invites her to Washington.
- 2014 Sunday: Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff wins a second term by winning 51.6-percent of the vote over her opponent, Aecio Neves. Less than two years later, the people of Brazil would impeach her and remove her from office.
- 2015 Monday: The World Health Organization labels processed meats as ‘carcinogens.’ Elsewhere, a U.S. Navy destroyer sails past the Spratly Islands in the South China Sea, islands the Chi-Coms built up, militarized, and declared their own. They verbally attack the United States for ignoring their ‘national territory’ when no one in the region respects their sovereignty over these islands other than Beijing. Meanwhile, Indonesia announces it will sign on to the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- 2016 Wednesday: Game 2 of the World Series goes to the Chicago Cubs, who under the pitching by opener Jake Arrieta; beat the Cleveland Indians 5-1. In India, counterintelligence officials bust a Pakistani spy ring stealing military secrets.
- 2017 Thursday: President Donald J. Trump declares the opioid epidemic a national emergency and all eyes should be focused on the number one supplier, communist China. Elsewhere, the world’s youngest leader, Jacinda Ardern, takes the oath of office as the next prime minister of New Zealand. Meanwhile, House Democrats are pushing a bill to ‘stop President Donald J. Trump from launching a pre-emptive strike on a very belligerent North Korea.’ Finally, U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson predicts ‘the end of the Assad Family in Syria is coming to an end.’
- 2018 Friday: In what would become the longest game in World Series history at seven hours and 20 minutes, Game 3 of the World Series goes to the Los Angeles Dodgers who in the bottom of the 18th inning hit a homerun that gave them a 3-2 victory over the visiting Boston Red Sox. Elsewhere, Cesar Sayoc, a purported fan of President Donald Trump (but someone many believe to be a patsy the Democrats used to create yet another ‘issue’ with which to attack the president) undergoes arrest for being the fellow behind the spate of mailed pipe bombs sent to 14 prominent Democrats. We suspect it’s bulls**t like everything else the Democrats have done.
- 2019 Saturday: In Game 4 of the 2019 World Series, the Houston Astros beat the Washington Nationals 8-1 in Washington, D.C. Elsewhere, a raid by U.S. Special Forces in Syria kills the founder of ISIS, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi who reportedly ran down a tunnel screaming and crying like a bitch, threw his wives in front of a dog sent to drive him out, and then detonated a suicide vest.
- 2020 Monday: The New York Post- the brave media organization that exposed the corruption that seems to be rank within the Biden campaign in general and in the Biden Family in particular, its ties to the Chi-Coms, the Ukrainians, and other thuggish dictators around the world- has endorsed President Donald J. Trump to ‘make America great again, again!’ Meanwhile, reports continue to surface that say President Trump upon winning re-election on November 3 will fire both the corrupt director of the FBI, Christopher Wray, and Deep State apparatchik CIA Director Gina Haspel. Both of them should have been terminated long ago but look for it to occur on November 4. Elsewhere, rapper 50 Cent retracts his endorsement of President Trump following his ex-girlfriend, Chelsea Handler, a bleach blond, saying he ‘ain’t black if he supports Trump’ and that she would throw another round of poontang on him if he retracted his endorsement.’ Dude, you can muff anywhere.
- 2020 Monday A: At a pro-Trump rally in Los Angeles, California, violence breaks out as a mob of celebrity anti-Trumpers attacks them Many are arrested including Offset, Cardi B’s boy toy. Big whoop. In New York City at a Jews for Trump rally, violence breaks out there leading to the arrests of at least seven anti-Semitic Democrats, this after Governor Andrew “I’m a Moron” Cuomo threatens the Orthodox Jewish community with loss of educational funding ‘cuz they are disobeying his onerous Chi-Vi lockdowns and restrictions.’ Talk about an anti-Semite, what the hell is up with you, Gov. Cuomo, you, sir, are a murderer for having sent COVID-19-infected persons into rest homes where they could infect vulnerable populations. Shame on you!
- 2020 Monday B: Hillary Clinton, disgruntled loser of the 2016 presidential election declares that ‘Republicans are cowards, that they are spineless, enablers of Donald Trump.’ Thank you for your input, loser. Meanwhile, the Kremlin blasts “Pro-China Joe” Biden for spreading Russia hatred and for being a Russophobe. Shame on you, Joe. Democrats have always worshipped Russia so why you attacking them now and not the flipping Chi-Coms? Wow. What a day, going to be busy. Speaking of Trump, he is barnstorming Pennsylvania today with THREE BIG RALLIES ahead of Election Day. Polls show “Pro-China Joe” Biden with a lead of four points. Oh, oh.
- 2020 Monday C: Rasmussen has released a new poll, one that shows among likely voters, President Trump leads “Pro-China Joe” Biden by a margin of 48 percent to 47 percent. Elsewhere, Ohio law enforcement authorities announce the results of Operation Safety Net, an operation begun earlier in the year to go after human traffickers and their customers: 177 scumbags under arrest and 109 survivors rescued from their foul clutches. God bless you!
- 2020 Monday D: The U.S. State Department approved another $2.37 billion in potential arms sales to Taiwan. Meanwhile, pro-socialist Facebook claims it has ‘helped 4.4 million people to register to vote.’ Elsewhere, House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi moans that the White House rejected the Dems’ latest COVID-19 testing plan. “Pro-China Joe” Biden says, ‘White House celebration for Amy Coney Barrett becoming the next SCOTUS associate justice is inappropriate.’ Sadly, due to COVID-19 spikes in numbers and no sign of a Chi-Vi relief bill, the DOW plunged 650 points (see stock market numbers down the line). The markets are so squeamish.
- 2020 Monday E: The Washing Post writes that ‘we must treat the Hunter Biden laptop story as a foreign intelligence operation even though it’s probably not.’ Wow. And they claim Russia ‘owns Donald Trump.’ Friends, the Chi-Coms, the Russkies, and the Iranians own former Vice President Joe Biden. Dire news for Biden-Harris: Rasmussen has Trump’s job approval rating at 52-percent.
- 2020 Monday F: As for the Beijing Bug, here are the numbers for the CHI-VI, you know, COVID-19 Chinese Bat Flu Virus Crisis, the pandemic they started but still try to blame on the U.S.: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 43,187,134 confirmed cases, +301,002, 1,155,653, confirmed deaths, +3,339, and 29,018,032 confirmed recoveries, +164,496. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Xi Jinping Bat Flu pandemic: 8,790,093 confirmed cases, up 68,587 from yesterday’s reporting, 228,833 confirmed deaths, UP 369, and 5,430,746 confirmed recoveries, UP 15,994. Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 910,847 confirmed cases, 17,361 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 14,823 confirmed cases, 212 confirmed deaths, and 11,405 confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 107,293 confirmed cases, 2,396 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other state: Connecticut- currently, they have 68,099 confirmed cases, 4,589 confirmed deaths, but no mention of confirmed recoveries- thank you, Governor Ned Lamont for NOT reporting recoveries; how about sharing the truth? Let’s look at Israel’s numbers now that Mo and his wife have moved there: 310,851 confirmed cases, 2,453 confirmed deaths, and 294,854 confirmed recoveries. Let us look at another nation: Iran: they have 574,896 confirmed cases of the CHI-VI, 32,953 confirmed deaths and 459,250 confirmed recoveries. For a lark, let’s look at the country where the pandemic began in a biowarfare lab in Wuhan, communist China: 85,810 confirmed cases, 4,634 confirmed deaths, and 80,911 confirmed recoveries. Our sources in Hong Kong tell us the REAL numbers on the mainland are between 300-450 times that number: low end- 25,743,000 confirmed cases, 1,390,200 confirmed deaths, and 24,273,300 confirmed recoveries. Remember- that’s the low end.
- 2020 Monday G: Here are the stats for today’s Stock Market closes: first the DOW Jones Industrial Average, 27,685.38, DOWN 650.19 points (-2.29%). Next, here are the stats for the NASDAQ: 11,358.94, DOWN 189.34 points (-1.64%). Finally, here are the numbers for the S&P 500: 3,400.97, DOWN 64.42 points (-1.86%). Price of GOLD: $1,904.80 per troy oz., -0.90 (-0.05%) Here is the price of SILVER: $24.40 per troy oz., -0.02 (-0.08%). Price of PLATINUM: $876.50 per troy oz., -0.90 (-0.10%). Price of PALLADIUM: $2,363.00 per troy oz., -2.50 (-0.11%). Here is the price of COPPER: $3.09 per #, +0.003 (+0.10%). Price of Light Sweet Crude Oil per barrel: $38.71, +0.15 (+0.39%). Today, one-dollar U.S. = 6.71 PRC yuan whereas one U.S. greenback = 0.85 euros. Just for a lark, $1 U.S. = 76.78 Afghan afghani.
- 2020 Monday H: The U.S. Senate votes to confirm Judge Amy Coney Barrett to be the nation’s 115th Associate Supreme Court justice by a vote of 52-48. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-NY, called this the ‘darkest day in American history’ and vowed revenge when Democrats hold power. Other Democrat senators like Richard “Dick” aka “Hobgoblin” Blumenthal and Elizabeth “Pocahontas” Warren, she of phony Indian heritage vow ‘they’ll get even’ especially since President Trump did not ‘honor’ the purported dying wishes of Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg who wanted another president to fill her seat. Folks, she could have retired under President Obama but believed- erroneously so- that the fix was in for Hillary Rodham Clinton and the first female president would nominate her successor. Wah, wah, wah. Ah, well, congratulations, Associate Justice Barrett. Meanwhile, the U.S. Supreme Court will not permit a mail-in ballot extension in the state of Wisconsin.
- 2020 Monday I: Monday Night Football: the Chicago Bears (5-2) are in Los Angeles playing the Rams (5-2). The Rams won 24-10.
- 2020 Monday J: As always, we encourage everyone to stick around to uncover- with us- whatever the flipping Chi-Coms and their Democratic monkeys are up to today. We all know they’re hard at work seeking to steal our elections.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0263 a 20” x 24” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Yuccas Bloom.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Electric Light Orchestra released their next ‘best of’ compilation, “Mr. Blue Sky- the Very Best of Electric Light Orchestra,” on October 08, 2012. This one contains a number of classic tunes from throughout the group’s career on one or two discs, depending upon where you shop, many of them re-recorded. We do hope you will seek this one out and consider adding it to your collection along with many of the other compilation albums from the group we have shared with all of you. You’ll love it.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 10-26-2020, all rights reserved. Word Count: 1,859.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, The Rolling Stones, The Ed Sullivan Show, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Thomas Johnson, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, Rocky Marciano v. Joe Louis, Battle of El Alamein, Stalingrad, Siege of Leningrad, Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands, Battle of Leyte Gulf, Electric Light Orchestra, Lilah Paulikovich,
TODAY IN HISTORY, MONDAY OCTOBER 26, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Monday, October 26, 2020:
[i] We shared the music of the Stones beginning Tuesday, 22-March-2016 through Sunday, 28-August-2016. This included the members’ solo projects. We sure as heck hope you check out the Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger, Brian Jones, Keith Richard, Charlie Watts, Bill Wyman, and Mick Taylor. Ronnie Wood you can find during the presentation of the Faces.
[ii] We began promoting the music of both the Beatles and the band’s individual components on Friday, 04-November-2016 through Sunday, 11-June-2018. Besides the Beatles, we also promoted the music of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and George Harrison as well as the Traveling Wilburys.
[iii] There have been rumors that the Russians have aerosolized fentanyl and use it as a gas in terrorist and other…situations.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR