TODAY IN HISTORY
THE AICP-END BLOG
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY @ THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
TODAY IN HISTORY—SATURDAY, OCTOBER 03, 2020:
U.S. Attorney-General John Y. Mason; the Cars featuring Benjamin Orr, Fleetwood Mac featuring Lindsey Buckingham, Gov’t Mule featuring Allen Woody, and the Grateful Dead featuring John Perry Barlow:
- 2333 B.C.: The state of Gojoseon- modern-day Korea- undergoes its founding by Dangun Wangeom during the reign of Chinese Emperor Yao.
- 52 B.C.: Vercingetorix, leader of the Gauls during the War in Gaul, surrenders to Julius Caesar and his Roman army outside the city of Alesia.
- 1226 Sunday: St. Francis of Assisi, founder of the Franciscan Order, died; he was canonized in 1228.
- 1691 Sunday: A combined English and Dutch army occupies Limerick, Ireland.
- 1778 Thursday: Captain Cook anchors in Alaska.
- 1789 Thursday: President George Washington declared November 26, 1789, a day of thanksgiving to express gratitude for the formation of the United States of America.
- 1859 Sunday: In Paris, France, the former 18th U.S. Attorney-General John Y. Mason died at age 60. A Democrat, he served under President James K. Polk from 03-05-1845 to 10-16-1846.
- 1863 Friday: President Abraham Lincoln declared the last Thursday of November to be Thanksgiving Day.
- 1893 Monday: J. S. Thurman patented the motor-driven vacuum on this date.
- 1901 Thursday: The Victor Talking Machine Company incorporated on today’s date. After a merger with Radio Corporation of America, the company renamed itself RCA-Victor.
- 1906 Wednesday: W.T. Grant opened a 25-cent department store.
- 1918 Thursday: Boris becomes king of Bulgaria.
- 1922 Tuesday: Rebecca L. Felton became the first female to hold the office of U.S. Senator. Governor Thomas W. Hardwick of Georgia appointed her to fill a vacancy.
- 1929 Thursday: The Kingdom of Serbs, Croats, and Slovenes formally changed its name to the Kingdom of Yugoslavia.
- 1932 Monday: Iraq became independent of British administration and becomes a member of the League of Nations. Britain ruled the nation since taking it from the Ottoman Turks during the First World War.
- 1940 Thursday: The government of Vichy France erases the citizenship of its Jews.
- 1941 Friday: The Nazis blow up six synagogues in Paris. Meanwhile, Adolf Hitler proclaims that the USSR is ‘broken’ and ‘will never rise again.’ Elsewhere, “The Maltese Falcon,” the version starring Humphrey Bogart and directed by John Huston, premiered in New York on this date.
- 1942 Saturday: President Franklin Delano Roosevelt established the Office of Economic Stabilization. He also authorized controls on rents, wages, salaries, and farm prices. Meanwhile, on the Eastern Front, the massive battle for the Russian city of Stalingrad continues to rage. Signs of winter are unmistakable and the Axis forces double down on their attempt to subdue the suicidal Soviet defenders. Meanwhile, on the other side of the Volga River, Soviet forces continue building for a brillant counterattack coming when winter sets in…
- 1944 Tuesday: During World War II, at Aachen, U.S. Army troops cracked the Siegfried Line and plunged into Germany.
- 1947 Friday: Future unofficial member of the Grateful Dead[i]– lyricist John Perry Barlow who would later write lyrics for the songs of Bob Weir- is born in Wyoming on this date.
- 1949 Monday: WERD, the first black-owned radio station, opens for business in Atlanta, Georgia. Elsewhere, Lindsay Buckingham, future guitarist with Fleetwood Mac[ii] is born in the United States.
- 1951 Wednesday: The New York Giants captured the National League Pennant by a score of 5-4 as Bobby Thompson hit a three-run homer off the Brooklyn Dodgers’ Ralph Branca in the “shot heard ‘round the world!’ Meanwhile, CBS-TV aired the first coast-to-coast telecast of a prizefight.
- 1952 Friday: Britain conducted its first atomic test as it detonated a 25-kiloton device in the Monte Bello Islands off the coast of Australia. Meanwhile, the situation comedy, “Our Miss Brooks,” formerly a radio show, premiered on CBS -TV with Eve Arden again in the title role.
- 1954 Sunday: “Father Knows Best” began airing on CBS-TV.
- 1955 Monday: Allen Woody—future bassist and vocalist with the Southern rock band, Gov’t Mule[iii], 1994-2000, is born in the USA on this date. Elsewhere, “Captain Kangaroo” and “The Mickey Mouse Club” premiered on CBS and ABC, respectively.
- 1961 Tuesday: The “Dick Van Dyke Show” premieres on CBS -TV.
- 1962 Wednesday: Astronaut Willy Schirra became the fifth American to fly in space as he blasted off from Cape Canaveral aboard the Sigma-7 for a 9-hour flight.
- 1967 Tuesday: Folk singer-songwriter Woody Guthrie, the Dust Bowl Troubadour best-known for “This Land Is Your Land,” died in New York of complications from Huntington’s disease; he was 55.
- 1974 Thursday: Frank Robinson becomes the first black manager in Major League Baseball for the Cleveland Indians.
- 1981 Saturday: Mike Weaver beats Quick Tillis in 15 rounds for the heavyweight boxing title of the world.
- 1988 Monday: The space shuttle Discovery landed safely after its four-day mission. It was the first U.S. shuttle mission since the Challenger disaster.
- 1989 Tuesday: Art Shell became the first black head coach in modern NFL history when he took over the Los Angeles Raiders.
- 1990 Wednesday: West Germany and East Germany ended 45 years of postwar division, declaring the creation of a reunified country.
- 1991 Thursday: Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton entered the race for the Democratic presidential nomination on this date.
- 1992 Saturday: The Toronto Blue Jays clinch the American League East Division title in Major League Baseball.
- 1995 Tuesday: The jury in the O.J. Simpson murder trial found the former football star not guilty of the 1994 slayings of his former wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ronald Goldman. However, a jury in a civil trial later found Simpson guilty of their murders.
- 1997 Friday: In the National Hockey League, the Carolina Hurricanes play their first game against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- 2000 Tuesday: Benjamin Orr—bassist and vocalist with the East Coast rock band, the Cars[iv]—died on this date from pancreatic carcinoma.
- 2003 Friday: A tiger attacked magician Ray Horn of “Siegfried & Roy” during a performance in Las Vegas, leaving the superstar illusionist in critical condition on his 59th birthday.
- 2008 Friday: President George W. Bush signs the $700 billion Toxic Asset Relief Program (TARP) bill to prevent a global bank crash. Elsewhere, O.J. Simpson was found guilty of robbing two sports-memorabilia dealers at gunpoint in a Las Vegas hotel room. Simpson later received a sentence of 9-33 years in prison; however, he was granted parole in July 2017 and released from prison in October of that year.
- 2009 Saturday: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad hit back at President Barack Hussein Obama’s accusation that his country had sought to hide construction of a new nuclear site, arguing that Tehran reported the facility to the U.N. even earlier than required. Meanwhile, eight U.S. soldiers were killed and 22 wounded when their outpost in Afghanistan’s Nuristan province was attacked by hundreds of Islamist scumbag militants. Kill ALL of them using whatever tools necessary with which to do it. Napalm, anyone?
- 2010 Sunday: Archaeologists on the Egyptian- Gaza border unearth the site of a possible 2,000-year-old hidden city.
- 2012 Wednesday: Police clash with protesters in Iran over the collapse of the nation’s currency, the Rial.
- 2013 Thursday: Credit card information, along with the data of 2.9 million Adobe consumers was stolen in a recent cyber-attack on the company’s Website.
- 2014 Friday: Palestine will be officially recognized as a sovereign state by the new government of Sweden; though the U.N. General Assembly supported such recognition two years ago, few nations have officially extended this recognition.
- 2015 Saturday: U.S. airstrikes hammers the Doctors Without Borders in Kunduz, Afghanistan, killing around 19 people. Meanwhile, flashfloods on the French Riviera kill around 19 people, too. Coincidence? You be the judge.
- 2016 Monday: India knuckles under and ratifies the Paris Climate Accords. Meanwhile, Hungary says, “HELL, NO,” to refugee quotas imposed by the sissies running the European Union. Good for you! Elsewhere, a demonstration in Ethiopia goes awry with it becoming a stampede and dozens getting killed.
- 2017 Tuesday: Spanish King Felipe speaks out against the Catalan organizers of the referendum there seeking to break away from Spain, saying “they have broken the rule of law.”
- 2018 Wednesday: According to the Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care, ‘since 2011, approximately 259 people around the globe have died taking selfies of themselves in dangerous places.’ When will the idiots learn? Meanwhile, astronomers at Columbia University announce that the first exomoon has been discovered approximately 8,000 light years away, about the size of our planet Neptune.
- 2019 Thursday: House Democrats- continuing to go bonkers over Trump- threaten to subpoena documents from the White House on the phone call between President Trump and his counterpart in the Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky. Little do they know that a year later, an investigation by the U.S. Senate released on Wednesday, September 23, 2020, would expose the criminality by then-Vice President “Pro-China Joe” Biden, his son, Hunter, and the Burisma, the corrupt Ukrainian energy company.
- 2020 Saturday: President Donald J. Trump remains in Walter Reed Medical Center undergoing treatment for the Xi Jinping Bat Flu. His doctors announce that currently, he is receiving Regeneron, an experimental antibody treatment, as well as Remdesivir, zinc, Vitamin D, famotidine, melatonin, and aspirin. We learn that Trump’s campaign manager Bill Stepien, Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson, GOP, and former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie also tested positive for COVID-19 as has New England Patriots quarterback Cam Newton. Speaking of football, the game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Tennessee Titans, originally scheduled for tomorrow, will not occur until October 25 due to Chi-Vi infections crippling the latter team.
- 2020 Saturday A: The press continues being angry at President Trump today, most notably because he did not stop on the way to Marine One to speak with them. Had he done so, they would have said the commander-in-chief, a man whom they loathe and despise, was trying to infect them with the Wuhan Virus. Meanwhile, “Pro-China Joe” Biden virtue signals by removing negative campaign ads lambasting President Trump for his coronavirus response while the president is ill. Wow. Elsewhere, House Speaker Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi continues her plea from yesterday to the sinking U.S. airlines, beseeching them NOT to lay-off or furlough tens of thousands of workers because ‘a COVID-19 relief bill is coming soon.’ Uh, okay- so where is it, Madam Speaker? Speaking of government, a judge orders the organizers of the 2020 Census to continue collecting information until October 31. It was set to end next week. Finally, we learn that New York City has already passed the record number of homicides it had last year- 318- coming in at 346 with three months to go. Great leadership there, Mayor Bill Di Blasio!
- 2020 Saturday B: Folks, here are the numbers for the Xi Jinping Bat Flu- Pelosi Pox: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 34,717,465 confirmed cases, +266,768, 1,030,154, confirmed deaths, +4,800, and 24,106,114 confirmed recoveries, +191,511. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 7,420,609 confirmed cases, UP 12,639 from yesterday’s reporting, 211,975 confirmed deaths, UP 214, and 3,949,333 confirmed recoveries, UP 6,901. Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 829,090 confirmed cases, 16,083 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 12,754 confirmed cases, 142 confirmed deaths, and 10,389 confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 92,757 confirmed cases, 2,239 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other state: Illinois- currently, they have 303,682 confirmed cases, 9,033 confirmed deaths, and NO mention of confirmed recoveries- thank you, Governor J.B. Pritzker for being yet another liberal POS politician. Let’s look at Israel’s stats now that Mo is living there: 258,920 confirmed cases, 1,633 confirmed deaths, and 185,122 confirmed recoveries.
- 2020 Saturday C: Here are the numbers for the Super Lotto #3496 Drawing: 05, 32, 38, 39, 43 and Mega 11. (Next jackpot: $14 million) #3496 (Highest winners were seven people who had four numbers plus the mega for a prize of $2,342 apiece). Here are the numbers for the Powerball #782 Drawing: 18, 31, 36, 43, 47, and Powerball 20. (The highest winners were 22 people who had four numbers for a prize of $526 apiece).
- 2020 Saturday D: As we always say, stick around to uncover today’s events that almost always feature the latest revelations as to the collusion between the Chi-Coms and the Democratic Party…you won’t want to miss it!
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0240 a 24” x 30” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Winter Journey.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
On September 13, 1999, the Move released a ‘best of’ album featuring the group’s numerous singles all in one glorious place: “Singles A’s and B’s.” Much more popular in the UK than they ever were in the United States, the album contained 40 fundamental tracks from throughout the group’s rather succinct career cut at the Beeb. We hope you will check this one out and consider adding it to your collection because despite whatever you might have heard, this band was among the major acts upon which, future bands would lay their foundation and could rock as hard as could the Who. Please seek it out and enjoy- you will be glad you did.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 10-03-2020, all rights reserved.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, Benjamin Orr, The Cars, Allen Woody, Gov’t Mule, The Grateful Dead, John Perry Barlow, Bob Weir, Move- the, U.S. Attorney-General John Y. Mason,
TODAY IN HISTORY, SATURDAY OCTOBER 03, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Saturday, October 03, 2020:
[i] We began promoting the music of the Grateful Dead- including Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir, Mickey Hart, and Phil Lesh- beginning on Tuesday, 30-August-2011 through Wednesday, 11-January-2012. Then, we did a second series featuring more albums by this fabled San Francisco band beginning on Friday, 09-August-2013 through Monday, 19-August-2013. At some point, we will have to do a third series as the music from this band never ends. Please, seek them out and consider adding them to your collection.
[ii] We first began offering the music of Fleetwood Mac on Monday, 03-January-2011 through Thursday, 27-January-2011. Please seek their music out by checking posts on those corresponding dates. We thank you.
[iii] When we present the music of the Allman Brothers Band, we will present the music of Gov’t Mule. Stay tuned for further developments.
[iv] We are not sure when we will present the music of the Cars but if you are still with us when we celebrate our second decade of activity, you may see them then so please, stay with us. We thank you.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR