The AICP-END Blog
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
TODAY IN HISTORY—THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2020:
U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Marshall; U.S. Secretary of War James William Good; U.S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter; Soviet Leaders Konstantin Chernenko and Gennady Yanayev; the Symbionese Liberation Army; and Tower of Power featuring Emilio Castillo:
- 366 Sunday: Liberius ends his reign as Catholic Pope.
- 1493 Tuesday: Christopher Columbus launches his second expedition to the New World.
- 1625 Tuesday: A Dutch expedition attacks the Spanish port of San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- 1683 Thursday: French King Louis XIV expels all Jews from French possessions in the Americas.
- 1755 Wednesday: In Germantown, Pa., the future 13th overall U.S. Supreme Court justice and 4th Chief Justice John Marshall, is born on this date. President John Adams to fill the seat of Chief Justice Oliver Ellsworth. Marshall served from 02-04-1801 to 07-06-1835. Prior to being named to the nation’s highest court, Marshall served as the fourth U.S. secretary of state.
- 1789 Thursday: Congress passed the First Judiciary Act, which provided for an attorney general and a Supreme Court. President George Washington appoints John Jay the first chief justice of the six-judge United States Supreme Court.
- 1829 Wednesday: Russia and the Ottoman Empire sign the Peace Treaty of Adrianople.
- 1853 Friday: Cornelius Vanderbilt takes the first round-the-world yacht trip.
- 1866 Sunday: In Cedar Rapids, Iowa, future 50th U.S. Secretary of War James William Good is born. A Republican, he would serve under President Herbert Hoover from 03-06-1929 to 11-18-1929.
- 1869 Thursday: Thousands of businesspersons suffered ruination in a Wall Street panic known as “Black Friday” after financiers Jay Gould and James Fisk attempted to corner the gold market.
- 1890 Tuesday: The president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Wilford Woodruff, wrote a manifesto renouncing the practice of polygamy, or plural marriage with the manifesto adopted by the Mormon Church the following month.
- 1896 Wednesday: Author F. Scott Fitzgerald was born in St. Paul, Minnesota, on this date.
- 1911 Sunday: The future seventh leader of the Soviet Union 1984-1985—Konstantin Chernenko—is born in Russia on this date.
- 1915 Friday: Douglas Fairbanks’ first film, “The Lamb,” debuted at the Knickerbocker Theater in New York City, N.Y., on this date.
- 1929 Tuesday: Lt. James H. Doolittle guided a Consolidated NY-2 biplane over Mitchell Field in New York in the first all-instrument flight.
- 1933 Sunday: The first dramatic presentation for radio, “Roses and Drums,” took place on WABC in New York City.
- 1934 Monday: Babe Ruth made his farewell appearance with the New York Yankees in a game against the Boston Red Sox; the Sox won by a score of 5-0.
- 1938 Saturday: Don Budge became the first tennis player to win all four of the major titles when he won the U.S. Tennis Open. Prior to this success, he won the Australian Open, the French Open, and the British Open.
- 1940 Tuesday: The Luftwaffe launches a major airstrike on the Spitfire factory in Southampton, England.
- 1943 Friday: On the Eastern Front during World War II, Soviet forces retake the city of Smolensk.
- 1948 Friday: Mildred Gillars, accused of being Nazi wartime radio propagandist, “Axis Sally,” pleaded ‘not guilty’ to charges in Washington, D.C.; however, a jury found her guilty and she served 12 years in prison.
- 1950 Sunday: Israel launches its “Operation Magic Carpet” in which, they bring all Yemeni Jews to the homeland. Elsewhere, future member of the East Bay funk-rock band, Tower of Power[i]–Emilio Castillo (tenor and alto saxophones, backing vocals, occasional lead vocals)–was born in Detroit, Michigan, on this date.
- 1953 Thursday: In the 11th round of their heavyweight title match, Rocky Marciano scores a TKO over Roland La Starza to win the title.
- 1954 Friday: In Philadelphia, Pa., future 25th U.S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter is born. A Democrat, he would serve under President Barack Obama from 02-17-2015 to 01-20-2017.
- 1955 Saturday: President Dwight D. Eisenhower suffered a heart attack while on vacation in Denver, Colorado. Elsewhere, in a double-header, The Washington Senators lose their 99th and 100th games of the season.
- 1957 Tuesday: The Los Angeles-bound Brooklyn Dodgers played their last game at Ebbets Field defeating the Pittsburgh Pirates by a score of 2-0. Meanwhile, President Eisenhower sent federal troops to Little Rock, Arkansas, to enforce school integration.
- 1960 Saturday: The United States launches the first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, the USS Enterprise at Newport News, Va., on this date. Meanwhile, after 13 successful years, “The Howdy Doody Show” held its final showing on NBC TV on this date.
- 1961 Sunday: “The Bullwinkle Show” premiered in prime time on NBC-TV. It originally appeared on ABC-TV during the afternoons with the name, “Rocky and his Friends.”
- 1963 Tuesday: The U.S. ratified a treaty with Britain and the Soviet Union limiting nuclear testing.
- 1965 Friday: Saudi Arabia and Egypt reach an accord on the war in Yemen.
- 1968 Tuesday: “The Mod Squad” debuted on ABC-TV. Meanwhile, on CBS-TV, “60 Minutes” premiered.
- 1969 Wednesday: The trial of the “Chicago Eight” (later Seven) began. A jury later convicted five of the defendants for crossing state lines to incite riots at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago, Illinois, in 1968; however, the convictions were ultimately overturned.
- 1970 Thursday: The Soviet Union’s Luna 16 completes the first unmanned round-trip to the moon and back by landing on Earth.
- 1971 Friday: Over charges of spying, Great Britain expels 90 Russian diplomats.
- 1976 Friday: Former hostage Patricia Hearst received a sentence of seven years in prison, for her part in a 1974 San Francisco bank robbery that the Symbionese Liberation Army committed. Twenty-two months later, she walked out of prison, a free woman, thanks to a clemency from President Jimmy Carter.
- 1977 Saturday: “The Love Boat” premiered on ABC-TV with the theme song written by Paul Williams and Charles Fox and sung by Jack Jones.
- 1980 Wednesday: On the second day of the Iran-Iraq War, Iraqi troops continue crossing the border and encircle the city of Abadan.
- 1990 Monday: East Germany pulls out of the Warsaw Pact due to the disintegration of the Soviet Union.
- 1995 Sunday: With the signing of a pact by Israel and the PLO, three decades of Israeli occupation of West Bank cities ended.
- 1996 Tuesday: President Bill Clinton representing the United States along with the world’s other nuclear powers, signed a Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty to end all testing and development of nuclear weapons—so what the fuck is up with the Goddamned Iranians?
- 1998 Thursday: The U.S. Federal Reserve released into circulation $2 billion in newer and more difficult to counterfeit $20 bills.
- 2001 Monday: President George W. Bush froze the assets of 27 suspected terrorists and terrorist groups, including those of POS jihadist scumbag Osama bin Laden, and urged other nations to do likewise.
- 2003 Wednesday: Anthony Hopkins received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on this date.
- 2007 Monday: United Auto Workers walked off the job at General Motors plants in the first nationwide strike during auto contract negotiations since 1976; a tentative pact ended the walkout two days later.
- 2010 Friday: In a prolonged rally, gold reaches an unprecedented $1,300 per ounce. Meanwhile, the final leader of the Soviet Union, 08-19-to-08-21-1991—Gennady Yanayev—died on this date.
- 2012 Monday: Chinese bookstores suspend the sales of books by Japanese authors or about Japan from all stores due to increasing hostility between the two countries.
- 2013 Tuesday: In Bangladesh, workers seeking higher wages and better conditions go on strike causing hundreds of garment factories to shut down, many of which are foreign-owned enterprises.
- 2014 Wednesday: United Nation member states agree to a resolution aiming to prevent their citizens from joining or supporting militant groups, particularly the Islamic State, in Iraq and Syria.
- 2015 Thursday: Pope Francis becomes the first pope to address a joint session of the U.S. Congress. He mentions that President Abraham Lincoln, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Thomas Merton, and Dorothy Day are his ‘American heroes.’
- 2016 Saturday: American actor, Bill Nunn, dies at age 63. He appeared in Spike Lee’s “Do the Right Thing,” as well as in Robbie Robertson’s “Spiderman” trilogy as well as “Fences” with Denzell Washington, among many, many others. Great actor. Sad to see him go.
- 2017 Sunday: Sadly, misreported comments President Donald J. Trump made on race matters, particularly Charlottesville, cause NFL players to kneel, sit on the bench, or remain inside their locker rooms. Oh, if only the FAKE NEWS would be honest with the American people. Following President Trump’s comments on the Golden State Warriors’ Step Curry, the so-called “King,” LeBron James, another misinformed dog dingus, tweets about the 45th president, “U Bum.” Cool, LeBron, you are so-o-o intelligent that it dazzles the minds of the viewers!
- 2018 Monday: In the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the Ministry of Health reports that the Ebola virus has claimed the lives of at least 69 people and sickened more than 150 others.
- 2019 Tuesday: In the United Kingdom, the nation’s highest court rules that Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s suspension of parliament for five weeks was ‘unlawful.’ Meanwhile, in the United States, U.S. Speaker of the House Nancy “Mumbles” Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into President Donald J. Trump over his phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and his ‘attempted enlistment of a foreign power to aid him in his re-election bid.’ Sadly for Ms. Pelosi, when impeachment ended early next year, she and her top dogs ended up with fecal matter all over their faces. Sobs![ii]
- 2020 Thursday: Following last night’s violent mob riots in Louisville, Kentucky, over the grand jury’s findings on the Breonna Taylor death, two police officers were shot. Today, the interim police chief said both are ‘doing well’ and that a suspect- Lorenzo Johnson- is in custody. Next, Florida’s Attorney General Ashley Moody is calling for an FBI investigation into neo-lib New York billionaire and failed presidential primary candidate Michael Bloomberg for paying off the fines and other debts of BLACK and BROWN Florida felons with the payback that they- allegedly- will vote DEMOCRAT on November 3. Bloomberg is breaking all kinds of election law and we look forward to seeing the angry imp go to federal prison. Speaking of campaigning, President Donald J. Trump will be in North Carolina and Florida today while “Pro-China Joe” Biden is somewhere incognito and his running mate, Kooky Kamala Harris is nowhere to be found. Speaking of “Gropin’ Joe,” Rush Limbaugh predicts today that the former vice president will be a no-show at next Tuesday night’s presidential debate and that the campaign will use ‘he was exposed to someone with the Beijing Bat Flu and must quarantine.’ We shall see.
- 2020 Thursday A: Speaking of “Pro-China Joe” Biden, the fake news media is beginning to sweat bullets demanding if his ‘low key strategy’ for winning the presidential election is really what he needs to be doing. They also are questioning Kooky Kamala for being unavailable to the news media. Where is she? Where is he? Is this growing terror among liberal Democrats the reason WHY the fake news media is demanding to know if ‘there will be a peaceful transition of power in January 2021?’ They act as though the president is a goner which is farthest from the truth. The man is going to SMOKE them and the GOP is going to crush the Beijing-backed Democratic Party. Elsewhere, in Washington, D.C., President Donald J. Trump, and First Lady Melania Trump pay their respects to deceased U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the steps of the court as she lies in repose for the second day. Assembled throngs of protesters scream and yell all manner of insults at the pair, which is a shame but folks, like water runs off the backs of ducks, so, too, do insults leveled at the president and first lady. Shame on you scumbags.
- 2020 Thursday B: Last week, there were 870,000 new jobless claims which reflects the damage being done to the foodservice and hospitality industries as well as to the airlines. Most of the damage is being purposefully caused by states where Democrats run amok. Let us change that on November 3 in the places in which, we, the American people can. Speaking of the election, today, a letter from 500+ former U.S. military and cabinet officials says that “Trump is unfit to serve as commander-in-chief” and that [senile old] Joe Biden would be a fine commander-in-chief due to his principles and morality. Please- the man and hus son abused his office to reap vast amounts of wealth from the Chi-Coms and the Ukrainians. The guy and his family should be nowhere near the White House or the levers of power.
- 2020 Thursday C: Folks, here are the numbers for the Xi Jinping Yellow Fever, Chi-Com Virus, the Wuhan Horseshoe Bat Flu- Pelosi Pox: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 32,039,142 confirmed cases, +351,335, 979,389, confirmed deaths, +6,820, and 22,024,644 confirmed recoveries, +236,421. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 7,046,492 confirmed cases, up 30,167 from yesterday’s reporting, 205,614 confirmed deaths, UP 848, and 3,800,745 confirmed recoveries, UP 18,103. Here are the stats for Israel now that Mo is living there: 209,635 confirmed cases, 1,376 confirmed deaths, and 148,417 confirmed recoveries.
- 2020 Thursday D: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 799,752 confirmed cases, 15,330 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 11,820 confirmed cases, 122 confirmed deaths, and 5,125 confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 88,113 confirmed cases, 2,175 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other state: Massachusetts- currently, they have 128,993 confirmed cases, 9,362 confirmed deaths, but no mention confirmed recoveries- thank you, Governor Charlie Baker for being a Republican who is behaving like a Democrat and staying mum on the recoveries.
- 2020 Thursday E: We had a FAIRLY LARGE SELL-OFF today. Here are the stats for today’s Stock Market closes: first the DOW Jones Industrial Average, 26,815.44, UP 52.31 points (+0.20%). Next, here are the stats for the NASDAQ: 10,672.27, UP 39.28 points (+0.37%). Finally, here are the numbers for the S&P 500: 3,246.59, UP 9.67 points (+0.30%). Price of GOLD: $1,871.90 per troy oz., -5.00 (-0.27%) Here is the price of SILVER: $23.22 per troy oz., +0.029 (+0.13%). Price of PLATINUM: $843.10 per troy oz., +5.10 (+0.61%). Price of PALLADIUM: $2,235.50 per troy oz., +2.50 (+0.11%). Here is the price of COPPER: $2.97 per #, -0.0025 (-0.08%). Price of Light Sweet Crude Oil per barrel: $40.19, -0.12 (-0.30%). Today, one-dollar U.S. = 6.83 PRC yuan whereas one U.S. greenback = 0.86 euros. Conversely, one dollar U.S. = 29.27 Taiwanese dollars.
- 2020 Thursday F: We learned today that the Durham investigation into what launched the ‘Trump-Russia Collusion’ scheme in motion has absorbed the 2017 federal investigation into the Clinton Foundation as well as what happened to her emails, the ones she says ‘disappeared.’ Couple that with information that began coming out yesterday that showed many of the FBI agents coerced into investigating candidate- and then- President Trump were dubious about the entire mess. As each day progresses, more and more proof continues dropping that the whole sham investigation the Obama Justice Department initiated was as fraudulent as scores of millions of open-minded Americans believed to be duplicitous from the beginning. How soon before we witness key components of the illegal investigation going to prison? Speaking of the U.S. Justice Department and the feds, Justice reports that approximately 127 ‘peaceful protesters’ underwent arrest last night in Louisville, Kentucky, for riot-related charges. Lock ‘em up.
- 2020 Thursday G: Word came out today that three members of the Metro North NYC Public Transit employees- two foremen and one worker- are in trouble for having constructed a comprehensive mancave underneath Grand Central Station. The ‘clubhouse’ had couches, television sets, refrigerators, all the things guys on the job require for braving boring jobs. We shall see what happens to them. Elsewhere, tomorrow, the casket holding Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s body will lie in state in Statuary Hall in the U.S. Capitol, the first woman to be so honored and the final day of the three-day celebration of the high court’s second female justice.
- 2020 Thursday H: FREE CHINA- aka Taiwan- reports that for three days in a row, Chi-Com surveillance planes have attempted to penetrate the Republic of China’s airspace but that the Taiwanese drove them off. It is clear the communist Chinese are increasing pressure on their freedom-loving cousins. Beat ‘em back, boys! Meanwhile, we learn that Putin critic Alexei Navalny, while being treated for Novichok poisoning in Berlin, had his bank accounts and home seized by Putin’s thugs. Who didn’t see that coming?
- 2020 Thursday I: Tucker Carlson reported tonight on his Fox News Channel show that “The Bail Project,” a leftist group designed to spring arrested rioters across the country is funded by some of the wealthiest people in America. An operative named Holly Zoller funded the U-Haul truck filled with riot gear for the Louisville rioters. These people need to go to prison. Now. They brag on their site (https://bailproject.org/) that as of this evening, they have paid the bail of more than 12,096 rioters and thugs.
- 2020 Thursday J: Stick around to discover what outrageous activity the Chi-Coms and their Democratic Party stooges have committed today- we never know what it is but we do know it’s going to be awesome! Tonight’s Thursday Night Football Game features the Miami Dolphins @ the Jacksonville Jaguars. At the half, the Dolphins lead 21-7. The Dolphins won 31-13.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0231 a 30” x 40” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “A Mountain at Sunset.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
Electric Light Orchestra released their tenth ‘best of’ compilation, “The Very Best of the Electric Light Orchestra,” on February 22, 1994. This one contains 18 classic tunes from throughout the group’s career plus some alternate releases such as single mixes of some of the classics. We do hope you will seek this one out and consider adding it to your collection along with other of their ‘best of’ albums so you can have the best all in one place. You’ll love it.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 09-24-2020, all rights reserved.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, The Soviet Union, Russia, Konstantin Chernenko, Gennady Yanayev, The Symbionese Liberation Army, Tower of Power, Emilio Castillo, U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Marshall, Electric Light Orchestra, U.S. Secretary of War James William Good, U.S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter, Goldie McNamara, Electric Light Orchestra,
TODAY IN HISTORY, THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 24, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Thursday, September 24, 2020:
[i] We are not sure when we will promote the music of Oakland’s Tower of Power but you can be sure that we will do so when we begin promoting the music of funk-rock, horn-powered bands. However, when we do, we suspect we will do the music of Chicago, Loading Zone, and Blood, Sweat & Tears, so please stick around and see what happens.
[ii] This would indeed become a massive disaster for the Democrats but we could think of no one better than to have fecal matter all over their puckered up faces.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR