The AICP-END Blog
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM `
TODAY IN HISTORY—TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2020:
U.S. Secretary of War William W. Belknap; Deep Purple featuring David Coverdale and Coverdale-(Jimmy) Page:
- 530 Sunday: Boniface II begins his reign as Catholic Pope as St. Felix IV ends his reign.
- 1692 Friday: The final person in the witchcraft trials at Salem, Massachusetts, goes to the gallows.
- 1735 Tuesday: Robert Walpole is the first British prime minister to live at 10 Downing Street in London.
- 1776 Friday: During the Revolutionary War, the British in New York hanged Captain Nathan Hale, 21, for being a spy.
- 1784 Monday: Russian trappers establish a colony on Kodiak Island, Alaska.
- 1789 Sunday: Congress authorizes the office of postmaster general.
- 1792 Thursday: The citizens of the nation proclaimed the French Republic.
- 1829 Monday: In Newburgh, N.Y., future 30th U.S. Secretary of War William W. Belknap is born. A Democrat and then a Republican, he would serve under President Ulysses S. Grant from 10-25-1869 to 03-02-1876.
- 1862 Sunday: President Abraham Lincoln issued the preliminary Emancipation Proclamation declaring that ALL slaves held in rebel states should be free as of January 01, 1863.
- 1903 Tuesday: Italo Marchionni received a patent for the ice cream cone on this date.
- 1908 Tuesday: Bulgaria declares independence from the Ottoman Empire.
- 1911 Friday: Pitcher Cy Young, 44, gained his 511th and final career win as he hurled a 1-0 shutout for the Boston Rustlers against the Pittsburgh Pirates at Forbes Field.
- 1914 Tuesday: During World War I, a single German submarine sunk three British cruisers resulting in the loss of 1,400 British sailors. This horrendous attack alerted the British Admiralty to the effectiveness of submarine warfare.
- 1922 Friday: Congress passed and President Warren G. Harding signed the Cable Act, which allowed an American woman to retain her U.S. citizenship following marriage to a foreigner, provided the husband proved eligible for American citizenship.
- 1927 Thursday: Gene Tunney successfully defended his heavyweight boxing championship in the famous “Long Count” fight in Chicago, Illinois.
- 1938 Thursday: The musical comedy “Hellzapoppin’” starring Ole Johnson and Chic Johnson began a three-year run on Broadway.
- 1949 Thursday: The Soviet Union exploded its first atomic bomb.
- 1950 Friday: Omar N. Bradley was promoted to the rank of five-star general, joining an elite group that included Dwight D. Eisenhower, Douglas MacArthur, George C. Marshall, and Henry H. “Hap” Arnold.
- 1951 Saturday: David Coverdale, the future vocalist of Whitesnake[i] and Deep Purple[ii], is born in Great Britain on this date.
- 1955 Thursday: On this date, heavyweight champion Rocky Marciano knocked out Archie Moore in the 9th round of their championship fight. Elsewhere, commercial television commenced in Great Britain on this date with the stipulation that ONLY 6 minutes of ads could appear each hour as well as NO TV on Sunday morning.
- 1959 Tuesday: Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev arrived in Iowa for a two-day stopover, during which he visited a corn farm, held talks with former Illinois Governor Adlai Stevenson and ate his first hot dog. Hmmm, was Governor Stevenson ‘colluding’ with the leader of the USSR? By modern day standards, definitely so.
- 1961 Friday: The Interstate Commerce Commission issued rules prohibiting racial discrimination on interstate busses. Actress Marion Davies died in Los Angeles, California, at age 64. Finally, President John F. Kennedy signed a congressional act that established the Peace Corps.
- 1964 Tuesday: The musical “Fiddler on the Roof” opened on Broadway beginning a run of 3,242 performances. Meanwhile, on NBC-TV, “The Man from U.N.C.L.E” premieres.
- 1969 Monday: Willie Mays hit his 600th career homerun on this date.
- 1975 Monday: Sarah Jane Moore attempted to shoot President Gerald R. Ford outside a San Francisco hotel but missed. She ended up serving 32 years in prison before winning parole on December 31, 2007.
- 1979 Saturday: Israel performs a nuclear test in the Indian Ocean.
- 1980 Monday: The war in the Persian Gulf between Iran and Iraq erupted into full-scale war that lasted nearly eight years as Iraq occupies part of Iranian territory.
- 1985 Sunday: Rock and country music artists participated in “FarmAid,” a concert staged in Champaign, Illinois, to help the nation’s farmers.
- 1986 Monday: President Ronald Reagan addressed the UN General Assembly on this date. He voiced new hope for ‘arms control’ while blasting the Soviet Union for its arrest of U.S. journalist, Nicholas Daniloff.
- 1989 Friday: Songwriter Irving Berlin died in New York City at age 101. Meanwhile, the Irish Republican Army bombed the Royal Marines School of Music in Deal, Kent, England, killing 11 band members. The IRA no better than Islamist POS murderers.
- 1992 Tuesday: Due to its role in the war between Bosnia-Herzegovina, the U.N. General Assembly expelled Yugoslavia.
- 1993 Wednesday: When an Amtrak passenger train fell off a bridge and crashed into Big Bayou Canal near Mobile, Ala., 47 people died. The incident occurred when a tugboat pilot lost in the fog pushed a barge into the railroad bridge, knocking the tracks 38 inches out of line just minutes before the train arrived and careened over the side.
- 1995 Friday: An AWACS plane carrying U.S. and Canadian plane carrying military personnel crashed on takeoff from Elmendorf Air Force Base near Anchorage, Alaska, killing all 24 people aboard.
- 1998 Tuesday: President Bill Clinton addressed the United Nations and told world leaders to “end all nuclear tests for all time.” He then sent the long-delayed global test-ban treaty to the U.S. Senate for its approval and ratification.
- 2001 Saturday: President George W. Bush consulted at length with Russian President Vladimir Putin as the United States mustered a military assault on terrorism in the wake of September 11.
- 2002 Sunday: Thousands of Palestinians marched to protest Israel’s siege of Yasser Arafat’s headquarters and Israeli troops opened fire on Palestinians who defied the curfew imposed upon them. Meanwhile the White House drama, “The West Wing” won its third consecutive Emmy award.
- 2003 Monday: NATO allies picked Dutch Foreign Minister Jaap de Hoop Scheffer as the alliance’s next secretary-general.
- 2008 Monday: The U.S. Mint unveiled the first changes to the penny in 50 years, with Abraham Lincoln’s portrait still on the obverse side but contemporary designs replacing the Lincoln Memorial on the reverse side.
- 2009 Tuesday: President Barack Obama, visiting New York, brought together Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas for their first face-to-face meeting.
- 2013 Sunday: Germany holds its federal elections; Chancellor Angela Merkel’s Christian Democratic Union Party obtains the most votes since 1990. Meanwhile, President Barack Obama spoke at a memorial service for the 12 men and women gunned down in the Washington Navy Yard shooting, calling on Americans to raise their voices against gun violence. Elsewhere, a pair of Sunni jihadist suicide bombers blew themselves up inside a church in Peshawar, Pakistan, murdering 85 Christian worshippers. That’s Islam for you.
- 2014 Monday: The U.S. Treasury is issuing rules to hinder companies from moving their headquarters outside the country to save on taxes; the rules may affect pending deals, such as Burger King’s plan to move to Canada after merging with Tim Horton’s restaurant chain. Meanwhile, the United States and five Arab nations launched airstrikes against the Islamic State group- aka Daish- in Syria waves of planes and Tomahawk cruise missiles against an array of targets.
- 2015 Tuesday: Pope Francis arrives in the U.S. for his six-day visit with President Barack Hussein Obama[iii] and Vice President Joe Biden there to greet him. At the other end of the country, Chi-Com leader Xi Jinping arrives in Seattle to begin his first state visit to the United States. Finally, Volkswagen confesses to having programmed more than 11 million vehicles to alter emission standards info so as to make the vehicles more friendly to the U.S. market. Shame!
- 2016 Thursday: Tulsa, Oklahoma, police officer Betty Shelby undergoes charging for having shot an unarmed black man, Terrence Crutcher, fatally. She finds herself facing manslaughter charges.
- 2017 Friday: As the scale of the damage of Hurricane Maria started to become clearer, Puerto Rican officials said they could not contact more than half of the communities in the U.S. territory, where all power had been knocked out to the island’s 3.4 million people. Meanwhile, the federal government told election officials in 21 states that hackers had targeted their systems before the 2016 presidential election. Finally, Senator John McCain declared his opposition to the GOP’s last-ditch effort to repeal and replace “Obamacare,” the second time in three months McCain had emerged as the destroyer of his party’s signature promise to voters all because of his hatred for President Donald J. Trump. Roast in hell, Senator.
- 2018 Saturday: At a military parade in Ahvaz, Iran, four gunmen open fire on Revolutionary Guard troops marching past killing at least 25 onlookers in the melee. They are fighting for freedom in the totalitarian dictatorship of Islamist Iran.
- 2019 Sunday: Following yet another leak in which an unnamed White House military aide- later identified at Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman[iv]– said that ‘Donald Trump spoke with the Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky about investigating “Pro-China Joe” Biden’s son, Hunter[v], and his financial shenanigans in that former Soviet republic,’ President Trump says, ‘Yeah, I did that.’ He explained the phone call, one he identified as ‘perfect’ and which many others did as well, yet the Democrats would use this event as the catalyst for their failed impeachment of the 45th president after the New Year.
- 2020 Tuesday: Utah Senator Mitt Romney came out this morning and announced that he would support President Donald J. Trump’s nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court, the one to replace deceased liberal icon, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, ‘as long as he or she is a strict constructionist.’ Conservatives want NO judicial activism which means they want judges who will APPLY the law rather than to CREATE the law or to look at supreme court rulings in OTHER countries for guidance as many liberals have said they do. Meanwhile, voters continue demanding that former Vice President “Pro-China Joe” Biden release his list of potential Supreme Court justices, an action he continually opposes. Everyone believes disgruntled gubernatorial loser Stacey Abrams is at the top of his list. Regarding the court fight to come, mobs of angry Antifa, Black Lives Matter, and other Marxist trash continue protesting outside the homes of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham. What a bunch of losers, blow them away with water cannons and reestablish law and order. Finally, President Trump says he will announce his nominee on Saturday.
- 2020 Tuesday A: The city of Louisville, Kentucky, enacts a ‘state of emergency’ as it awaits the decision as to whether or not to charge the officers involved in the death of Breonna Taylor with some sort of crime. As you should recall, law enforcement entered Taylor’s apartment with a NO knock warrant and Taylor’s boyfriend opened fire with a handgun which drew reciprocal fire from the cops, killing Ms. Taylor in the process. We expect they won’t be charged or fired for simply doing their jobs. Taylor’s family was the recent recipient of a $12 million settlement.
- 2020 Tuesday B: NYPD Police Officer Biamadjie Angwang underwent arrest today on charges of spying for communist China. Wow. Almost every day, someone of Chinese extraction or descent is arrested for spying on behalf of China. One can understand WHY the U.S. government rounded up and interned American Japanese during the early years of World War II. We had better clean out this nest of Chi-Com snakes AND you DON’T think they commies aren’t colluding with the Democrats? Please! Speaking of police matters, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, reeling from the destruction of parts of her city which, she gave the green light to, is now going after ALL parking offenders and hammering them with fines. Tax increases must come from somewhere!
- 2020 Tuesday C: A recent PEW Poll says that support for the communist Black Lives Matter movement has plummeted since June, from 67-percent to 55-percent and if you seek the truth, it is much lower than that seeing as how many people tremble in fear at expressing their true feelings. We believe Black Lives Matter must be eradicated like eradicating venereal disease. Speaking of mobs, mobs are penetrating the suburbs of New York City and going after citizens. Keep it up, you ignorant dumb bastards, you continue pushing more and more voters into the Trump camp.
- 2020 Tuesday D: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson announces the rollback of the lifting of restrictions seeing as how cases of the Xi Jinping Yellow Fever-Flu are going back UP. Thank you, Chi-Coms for infecting the world. It is time the world returns to the Two-China Policy or better yet, recognize Taiwan as the LEGITIMATE China and the Chi-Coms as the CRIMINAL CHINA.
- 2020 Tuesday E: Here are today’s Chi-Com Horseshoe Bat Flu Statistics for the globe: 31,444,163 confirmed cases, UP by 262,381 cases, 967,305 confirmed deaths, UP by 5,039 deaths, and 21,551,157 confirmed recoveries, UP by 250,656 recoveries. Here are the numbers for the United States: 6,968,226 confirmed cases, UP by 35,909 new cases, 203,446 confirmed deaths, UP by 464 new deaths, and 3,759,857 confirmed recoveries, UP by 36,282 new recoveries. We believe if the authorities would share the TRUE percentages of deaths per number of those with the disease- instead of making everyone who might have the Wuhan Flu in their system but did not cause their deaths- known, there would be LESS fear. It is also clear that misreporting the news has Americans believing at least 30 million Americans (“Pro-China Joe” Biden says 200,000,000)- OR MORE- have died from Xi Jinping’s Chi-Com Flu which is not true which was said a week ago so it shows misinformation is doing its job among the gullible and ill-informed citizenry.
- 2020 Tuesday F: Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day employs chef-authors, California, Hawaii, and Washington, here are the stats, Golden State first: 793,737 confirmed cases, 15,126 confirmed deaths, but as is the norm, NO mention of confirmed recoveries. Next, here are the stats for the Aloha State: 11,590 confirmed cases, 120 confirmed deaths, and 4,888 confirmed recoveries. Finally, in the Ever-Red, uh, we mean, the Evergreen State, here are the stats: 86,889 confirmed cases, 2,137 confirmed deaths, but like California, the incline-headed governor, Jay Inslee, won’t share the number of confirmed recoveries. Shame on these flipping Democrats. Let’s take a look at one more state, the Empire State: 455,938 confirmed number of cases, 32,690 confirmed number of deaths, and like most other Blue States, NO number of confirmed number of recoveries. The governor of New York, the drooling moron Andrew Cuomo continues trying to blame President Donald J. Trump for all the deaths when he is the one who sent Bat Flu-infected people into rest homes where the most vulnerable people are, uh, we mean, were. PUT CUOMO ON TRIAL! Let us look at Israel’s numbers now that Mo and his wife are relocating there. Here they are: 193,374 confirmed cases, 1,285 confirmed deaths, and 136,780 confirmed recoveries. Watch out for those hidden tunnels the Hamas scum love using to penetrate Israel and kidnap its citizens, Mo!
- 2020 Tuesday G: Here are today’s Stock Market closes: DOW Jones Industrial Average: 27,288.18, UP 140.48 points (+0.52%). Next, the NASDAQ: 10,963.64, UP 184.84 points (+1.71%). Finally, here are the stats for the S&P 500: 3,315.57, UP 34.51 points (+1.05%). The price of GOLD is $1,909.30 per troy oz., +1.70 (+0.09%) while the price of SILVER is $24.60 per troy ounce, +0.072 (+0.29%). The price of PLATINUM is $872.50 per troy oz, +15.10 (+1.76%) while the price of COPPER is $3.07 per pound, +0.008 (+0.26%). The price of PALLADIUM is $2,228.00 per troy oz., +0.00 (+0.00%). The price of Light Sweet Crude Oil is $39.55 per barrel, -0.05 (–0.13%). Today, COFFEE is $112.45 per metric ton, -1.40 (-1.23). As for currency, one U.S. dollar = 6.78 communist Chinese yuan. By contrast, one U.S. dollar = 0.85 euros. Communist China manipulates its currency, a known fact which is why the world must disengage with them and bring our supply chain home.
- 2020 Tuesday H: Tucker Carlson continues reporting that questionable billionaires such as George Soros- the former Hungarian Nazi- continues funding as much of the anti-American behavior violent street mobs are committing on behalf of the Democratic Party and their masters in Beijing. Last night, Mr. Carlson showed film of Soros and today, Carlson announced that other billionaires have rushed to Soros’ aid and that America’s billionaire class is among the real enemies we face as a FREE nation. Our blogs are personally aware that Google CEO Sundar Pichai- a very wealthy man- allegedly works on behalf of the Chi-Coms and does everything he can to stifle free speech not only in the United States but around the rest of the Free World, too.
- 2020 Tuesday I: We never know what the Democrats and their Chi-Com masters are up to today but please, stick around and find out with us…everyone knows they up to no good…
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0229 a 20” x 24” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Just Another Sunset.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
On July 19, 1992, the Move released their next greatest hits package across the globe: “Looking Back- the Best of the Move.” Much more popular in the UK than they ever were in the United States, the album contained 21 essential tracks from throughout the group’s rather short career. We hope you will check this one out and consider adding it to your collection because despite whatever you might have heard, this band was among the major acts upon which, future bands would lay their foundation. Please seek it out and enjoy- you will be glad you did.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 09-22-2020, all rights reserved.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, Deep Purple, David Coverdale, Jimmy Page, Coverdale-Page, Move- the, U.S. Secretary of War William W. Belknap,
TODAY IN HISTORY, TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 22, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Tuesday, September 22, 2020:
[i] No clue as to whether we will ever do the music of Whitesnake but you can bet we will do them prior to EVER doing the garbage of Adam Levine- the Illustrated Man- and his s-hole band, Maroon Five. Perhaps sometime in the next 50 years?
[ii] We began offering the music of Deep Purple on Tuesday, 20-March-2018 and concluded this lengthy offering on Sunday, 08-July-2018.
[iii] [iii] Many believe Barack Obama should be disqualified as a president because most believe he was born outside the United States which would ban him from ever seeking the highest office in the land. At the very least, an asterisk should be placed by his name in all U.S. history books.
[iv] Lt. Col. Vindman and his ‘testimony’ in the build-up to impeachment has to be one of the most embarrassing episodes in which, a uniformed member of the U.S. military has ever engaged and we wished that he had been stationed on the North Slope of Alaska or on Midway Island for the remainder of his career. What a scumbag.
[v] Hunter Biden, known crack head, crooked financial guy who followed his daddy around the world sucking up money from the Chi-Coms, the Ukrainians, and anyone else from whom he could needs to answer loads of questions about HIS activities, both on behalf of himself and his dad.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR