The AICP-END Blog
PO Box 20669
Bakersfield, CA 93390-0669
Business Phone: 661-374-1430
TODAY IN HISTORY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM @ WORDPRESS.COM
TODAY IN HISTORY—SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2020:
Rosh Hashana and National Cleanup Day
President James A. Garfield; U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Lewis F. Powell Jr.; U.S. Secretary of Defense Harold Brown; U.S. Senator Tim Scott; the Byrds and the Flying Burrito Brothers featuring Gram Parsons, Elton John Band featuring Ray Cooper, and the Mamas & the Papas featuring “Mama” Cass Elliott:
- 1777 Wednesday: The First Battle of Saratoga occurred during the Revolutionary War; although the British troops managed to drive out the American troops, the Americans prevailed in the second battle a month later.
- 1796 Saturday: President George Washington’s farewell underwent publication.
- 1863 Friday: The Battle of Chickamauga, Georgia, begins during the Civil War; the Union forces retreat on Day One.
- 1870 Sunday: During the Franco-Prussian War, the Huns lay siege to Paris.
- 1876 Monday: Melville R. Bissell patented the carpet sweeper.
- 1881 Sunday: The 20th President of the United States, James A. Garfield, died 2.5 months after Charles Guiteau shot him. Chester Alan Arthur became the President.
- 1890 Thursday: The Turkish frigate, “Ertogrul,” burns off the coast of Japan resulting in 540 deaths.
- 1893 Monday: In New Zealand, the Electoral Act 1893 gave all women the right to vote.
- 1901 Thursday: Due to the funeral for assassinated Republican President William McKinley, Major League Baseball cancels 11 games.
- 1903 Saturday: Responding to worldwide criticism, King Leopold II denies Belgian cruelty in the Congo.
- 1904 Monday: During the Russo-Japanese War, the combat assault on Russia’s Port Arthur costs Admiral Nogi’s troops 16,000 casualties.
- 1907 Thursday: In Suffolk, Va., future 99th U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Lewis F. Powell Jr. is born. President Richard M. Nixon nominated the Republican jurist to fill the seat of Associate Justice Hugo Black, a Democrat. Powell served from 01-07-1972 to 06-26-1987.
- 1911 Tuesday: During ‘Red Tuesday,” 20,000 angry leftists protest for universal rights.
- 1916 Tuesday: During World War I, Belgian troops capture Tabora, in German East Africa.
- 1927 Monday: In New York City, future 14th U.S. Secretary of Defense Harold Brown is born. A Democrat, he would serve under President Jimmy Carter from 01-21-1977 to 01-20-1981.
- 1931 Saturday: Japanese troops overrun Mukden in southern Manchuria.
- 1934 Wednesday: New York authorities arrested Bruno Hauptmann and charged him with the kidnap-murder of Charles A. Lindbergh, Jr.
- 1939 Tuesday: The German Wehrmacht murders 100 Jews Lvov, Poland.
- 1941 Friday: The German army troops take possession of Kiev, in the Ukraine, after driving the Russian forces out of the city. Elsewhere, future vocalist with the California hippie band, the Mamas, and the Papas[i]— “Mama” Cass Elliott—is born in the USA on this date.
- 1942 Saturday: The first advertisement announcing Little Golden Books appeared in Publishers Weekly.
- 1944 Tuesday: Finland and the Soviet Union agree on a cease-fire, which effectively removes the nation from the dwindling ranks of Axis allies.
- 1945 Wednesday: Nazi radio propagandist William Joyce, known as “Lord Haw-Haw,” suffered conviction for treason and then received a sentence of death from a British court.
- 1947 Friday: Future longtime percussionist with the Elton John[ii] band, Ray Cooper, is born in the United Kingdom on this date.
- 1955 Monday: Argentine President Juan Peron resigns his office and flees the nation.
- 1957 Thursday: The United States conducted its first underground nuclear test, code-named Rainier, in the Nevada desert.
- 1959 Saturday: Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev, visiting Los Angeles, reacted angrily upon being told that he would not be able to visit Disneyland due to security reasons.
- 1960 Monday: Cuban leader Fidel Castro—a communist—in New York to visit the United Nations, angrily checked out of the Shelburne Hotel in a dispute with the management; Castro ended up staying at the Hotel Theresa in Harlem.
- 1965 Sunday: In North Charleston, South Carolina, future U.S. Senator Tim Scott is born. A Republican, he would enter the U.S. Senate on 01-02-2013.
- 1967 Tuesday: Nigerian troops mount a major offensive against the breakaway state of Biafra.
- 1970 Saturday: The situation comedy, “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” debuted on CBS-TV.
- 1973 Wednesday: Gram Parsons of the Byrds[iii] and the Flying Burrito Brothers[iv] died on this date in Joshua Tree, California, due to multiple drugs in his system.
- 1982 Sunday: The smiley emoticon was invented as Carnegie Mellon University professor Scott E. Fahlman proposed punctuating humorously intended computer messages by employing a colon followed by a hyphen and a parenthesis as a horizontal “smiley face,” J.
- 1984 Wednesday: Communist China and Britain completed a draft agreement transferring Hong Kong from British rule to Communist Chinese rule by 1997.
- 1985 Thursday: A devastating earthquake hammered the Mexico City area, killing at least 9,500 people on this date.
- 1986 Friday: U.S. health officials announced that it would make AZT, though an experimental drug, available to AIDS patients.
- 1988 Monday: Israel successfully launched the Horizon-I test satellite.
- 1990 Wednesday: Iraq began confiscating foreign assets of countries that were imposing sanctions against the Iraqi government.
- 1992 Saturday: The U.N. Security Council recommended suspending Yugoslavia due to its role in the Bosnian civil war.
- 1994 Monday: 3,000 U.S. Marines land in the Caribbean nation of Haiti to restore law and order to the lawless nation and to enforce the return of exiled President Jean-Bertrand Aristide.
- 1995 Tuesday: The Senate passed a welfare overhaul bill. Meanwhile, the commander of U.S. forces in Japan and the U.S. ambassador apologized for the rape of a schoolgirl committed by three U.S. servicemen.
- 1996 Thursday: IBM announced it would extend health benefits to the partners of its homosexual employees.
- 1997 Friday: In his first public comments since the death of Princess Diana, Prince Charles told the British people that would always feel the loss of his former wife and thanked them for their support. Later on, he would marry longtime lover, Camilla.
- 2001 Wednesday: The Pentagon ordered dozens of advanced aircraft to the Persian Gulf region as the hour of military retaliation against the Islamist scumbags behind the terrorist attacks of 9/11 drew closer.
- 2004 Sunday: Hu Jintao became the undisputed leader of China with the departure of former President Jiang Zemin from his top military post.
- 2008 Friday: Struggling to stave off financial catastrophe, the Bush administration laid out a radical bailout plan calling for a takeover of a half-trillion dollars or more in worthless mortgages and other unmanageable debt held by tottering institutions. Relieved investors sent stocks soaring on Wall Street and around the planet.
- 2011 Monday: Standard & Poor, the credit rating industry giant, lowers Italy’s status from A+ to A, due to its elevated level of debt and governmental instability. Meanwhile, on the hit sitcom, “Two-and-a-Half-Men,” Ashton Kutcher debuts as the new lead seeing as how Charlie Sheen was fired after one too many public meltdowns in which, he slammed the producers and the network, CBS.
- 2012 Wednesday: The U.S. Justice Department’s inspector general reports that Operation Fast and Furious created a ‘significant danger to public safety;’ however, the IG states that Attorney-General Eric Holder had no prior knowledge of the operation.
- 2013 Thursday: Former U.S. Majority Leader Tom Delay finally has his 2010 money-laundering conviction overturned by a Texas state appellate court—the Democrats have done the damage by this time already and should suffer punishment for launching false attacks on opposition politicians. Look at them snivel and whine over John Boehner’s lawsuit against President Barack Obama!
- 2014 Friday: Uniformed Secret Service agents apprehend a man inside the White House after he scaled the fence and ran into the building; U.S. President Barack Obama and his family were not there at the time of the incident.
- 2015 Saturday: Famed British American author Jackie Collins succumbs to cancer on this date; she was 77.
- 2016 Monday: In Urum al-Kubra, Syria, an aid convoy making its way to supply aid to destitute refugees and struggling citizens finds itself hammered by Syrian airstrikes, killing and wounding many while stopping the delivery of life-saving aid. The United Nations denounces this horrible display of thuggery on behalf of Bashar al-Assad (and most likely the Russians).
- 2017 Tuesday: President Donald J. Trump addresses the United Nations for the first time informing the decrepit body of thugs, dictators, scumbags, and murderers that ‘if North Korea threatens the United States they will be wiped out.’ Thunderous applause at this blog but the UN was shocked beyond belief. NO one other than a Russian strongman had ever said this about a fellow member. Trump would also blast Iran which caused Iranian President Hassan Rouhani to blast right back at the American president. Oh, we are so afraid…
- 2018 Wednesday: In Pyongyang, North Korea and South Korea hold a summit by which, North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un promises to ‘limit the nuclear weapons program’ if the South ‘provides economic assistance.’
- 2019 Thursday: In Zabul Province in southern Afghanistan, a Taliban suicide truck bombing targeting a hospital (ah, got to love the so-called ‘religion of peace’) killing at least 22 people and wounding another 90 or so people. Murderous scumbags.
- 2020 Saturday: Already tensions are growing as to whom will replace Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the U.S. Supreme Court. This is what most of the AICPENDBLOG.COM believe: after what the Democrats and the RINOS have put you through what with the false claims of Russian collusion, impeachment, and roadblocks at every turn, nominate the replacement on Monday and go for it. As for quavering GOP senators, do you want to go down as a FIGHTER and lose your seat or as a COLLABORATIONIST and perhaps lose your seat anyway? States with messed-up elections systems such as California and Maine must contest these bogus systems at the Supreme Court and the only way we can win is with a strong conservative on the court. Republicans, do your duty as you know the Democrats would not waver in doing theirs and in fact would hasten it as quickly as possible. President Trump is down in North Carolina today while “Pro-China Joe” Biden is at home in his basement. Elsewhere, a shooting at a party with 100 revelers or more in Buffalo, New York claims the life of one partygoer and injures four others. Speaking of SCOTUS, Fox News Channel reports (erroneously, in our view) that voters trust “Pro-China Joe” Biden on picking Supreme Court nominees by a whopping 52 percent to 45 percent for Donald Trump. Yup, sure they do…sure they do…
- 2020 Saturday A: Folks, here are the numbers for the Xi Jinping Bat Flu- Pelosi Pox: Here are the statistics for the planet as a whole: 30,588,989 confirmed cases, +298,198, 953,482, confirmed deaths, +5,565, and 20,832,830 confirmed recoveries, +209,802. Next, here are the stats for the United States, the intended target of the Chinese-engineered Wuhan Virus pandemic: 6,819,709 confirmed cases, up 8,266 from yesterday’s reporting, 201,735 confirmed deaths, UP 189, and 3,689,081 confirmed recoveries, UP 18,616. Next, in the three states in which, the world-famous American Institute of Culinary Politics-the Elemental News of the Day employs chef-bloggers- California, Hawaii, and Washington- here are the stats, California first: 781,436 confirmed cases, 14,912 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Next here are the numbers for Hawaii: 11,348 confirmed cases, 120 confirmed deaths, and 4,394 confirmed recoveries. Finally, here are the stats for leftist-Marxist-socialist hellhole of Washington: 85,583 confirmed cases, 2,130 confirmed deaths, and NO MENTION of confirmed recoveries. Let’s look at one other state: New Hampshire- currently, they have 7,920 confirmed cases, 438 confirmed deaths, and 7,164 confirmed recoveries- thank you, Governor Chris Sununu for your state’s honesty in this regard. Let’s look at Israel’s stats now that Mo is living there: 183,602 confirmed cases, 1,226 confirmed deaths, and 130,024 confirmed recoveries.
- 2020 Saturday B: here we are, a brand-new day, let’s see what the Chi-Com puppets, the Democratic Party have done today…stick around and find out…speaking of the Chi-Coms, President Trump is going to ban both TikTok and WeChat, two Chi-Coms from the app store. Anything Chi-Com MUST go.
BEVERLY CARRICK ORIGINAL ARTWORK OF THE DAY:
This artwork is #0226 a 20” x 24” original oil painting by Beverly Carrick, which, she entitled, “Sunset Arroyo Revisited.” It is among her more beautiful works and is available for sale. You can see much more of her work at her Website, found at beverlycarrick.com, or at the blog’s Facebook page. At her Website, you will see not only more original oil paintings but also lithographs, giclees, prints, miniatures, photographs, and even her award-winning instructional video entitled, “Painting the Southwest with Beverly Carrick.” Beverly has been painting for more than 60 years and known around the world for both the beauty and timelessness of her artworks. Hanging in private and public galleries and followed by many fans encircling the globe—her works instill awe because of her artistic brilliance and personal beauty. We urge you to go to her Website NOW and view her work. It is possible that you will find something you like and will want to buy it for yourself, a friend, a loved one, or a neighbor! You will not be disappointed so please: do yourself a favor and go there IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day!
Beverly Carrick: The World’s Greatest Artist (1927-2012)
ALBUM OF THE DAY AT THE AICPENDBLOG.COM:
On October 12, 1989, the Move and Jeff Lynne released a greatest hits package across the globe: “A Message from the Country- the Jeff Lynne Years 1968-1978.” Much more popular in the UK than they ever were in the United States, the album contained 18 essential tracks from throughout the group’s rather short career as well as tunes from the Idle Race and of course ELO. We hope you will check this one out and consider adding it to your collection because despite whatever you might have heard, this band was among the major acts upon which, future bands would lay their foundation. Please seek it out and enjoy- you will be glad you did.
The above icon is the “Trademark of Quality and Symbol of Integrity/Logo” of the Magnolia Hilltop Brewers and of What’s Cookin’ Productions. The AICP-END Blog copyrights this article © 09-19-2020, all rights reserved.
The American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day
The Stinkbug symbol on CDs, DVDs, and Books means “approved by the American Institute of Culinary Politics-Elemental News of the Day” as well as adjusted or edited by the photographic editor
Original Beverly Carrick Artworks, Beverly Carrick—World Famous Artist, President James A. Garfield, Gram Parsons, The Byrds, Flying Burrito Brothers, Elton John, Ray Cooper, The Mamas and the Papas, “Mama” Cass Elliott, President James A. Garfield, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Lewis F. Powell Jr., U.S. Secretary of Defense Harold Brown, U.S. Senator Tim Scott, Move- the, Jeff Lynne, Chef Gervais Krinkelmeier,
TODAY IN HISTORY, SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 19, 2020
PLEASE READ OUR MAIN BLOG POST, PUBLISHED AT 12:01 A.M.
Saturday, September 19, 2020:
[i] At some point, we will do the music of the Mamas and the Papas the same time we do the music of Sonny & Cher. We hope you will continue awaiting that celebrated day.
[ii] We will be presenting Elton John’s music at some point within the next five years. Please stay tuned for the day when we do.
[iii] We offered the music of the Byrds beginning on Monday, 16-January-2012 and concluded the presentation on Friday, 17-February-2012.
[iv] We presented the music of the Flying Burrito Brothers beginning Sunday, 23-February-2014 and concluded our presentation on Thursday, 06-March-2014.
Please donate to the AICPENDBLOG.COM as we seek to build the best Website on the planet
We encourage everyone to donate to the American Institute of Culinary Politics-The Elemental News of the Day, a place where professional chefs and culinary workers voice their opinions and do so sans any fear. We hope you will join us in the effort to build the best Website the world has ever seen. Will you help?
WE WELCOME ALL OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO THE NEW AICPENDBLOG.COM AT WORDPRESS.COM WHERE SCUM SUCH AS SUNDAR PICHAI CANNOT DRIVE A DAGGER INTO ONE’S NECK. PLEASE, SEND ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO VISIT US HERE AS THIS IS WHERE YOU GET THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH AND NOT THE ‘TRUTH’ COMMUNIST CHINA AND ITS LACKEYS WANT YOU TO HEAR